The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2011, 06:06 PM   #1
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Game Thread: TIG XCII - Disaster by the Lake

Linky to Admin thread.

---

(Insert Night 1 narration)

---

LIVING
Boro...King's secretary

Aganzir...Baker's wife.
Bom...Cobbler
Galadriel55...Cook.
Greenie...Undertaker.
Inziladun...Furrier of Lake-town.
Kath...Baker.
Kitanna...Cooper.
Loslote...Candlestick Maker.
Nogrod...Wine-maker from Dorwiniondil.
Nerwen...Town crier.
Pitchwife...Shepherd.
Sally...most prestigious Musician and Poet of Lake-town.
Shasta...Notable miscreant.

DEAD

----

It be Night 1. No Posting on this thread yet.

Seer send out your birdy. Wolves chatter.

(This is up about an hour before the Game DL of 8pm. So Day 1 will start in just under 25 hours from this post)

Last edited by Boromir88; 12-05-2011 at 06:31 PM.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 06:59 PM   #2
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Day 1

"Our information tells us the secretary plans on sending word to the Dwarves out of the Lonely Mountain and enlisting their help in rebuilding this town." grumbled an evil figure.

"It appears we must strike make our strike sooner than planned." said another. "We will not succeed in our mission if the village becomes infested with dwarf builders and shop-makers."

The last gave the final approval. "It happens tonight."

---

The townspeople awoke to find a grisly scene in the middle of the village. The man who had arrived at Esgaroth to oversee its rebuilding was laying on the ground, tangled and broken. The King's secretary was dead. And engraved in a stump was a warning.

This village now is under the occupation of the werewolves. We will find reward in our own kind for anyone who aids us. Anyone who tries to flee, we will know. Anyone who opposes us, will end up like this one.

LIVING

Aganzir...Baker's wife.
Bom...Cobbler
Galadriel55...Cook.
Greenie...Undertaker.
Inziladun...Furrier of Lake-town.
Kath...Baker.
Kitanna...Cooper.
Loslote...Candlestick Maker.
Nogrod...Wine-maker from Dorwiniondil.
Nerwen...Town crier.
Pitchwife...Shepherd.
Sally...most prestigious Musician and Poet of Lake-town.
Shasta...Notable miscreant.

DEAD

Boro...King's Secretary (Night 1)

---

It's now Day 1. You know what to do from here.

(Disclaimer: Nothing in the narration has any hidden clues/meanings towards any one's role.)

(Disclaimer 2: There will be no double lynches. In a tied vote the person who was voted for LAST in the tie will be lynched).
Old 12-05-2011, 07:01 PM   #3
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
My darling! Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I will now sequester myself in my quarters until such time as I have composed a suitably morose ballad in his honor.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 07:17 PM   #4
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I thought I might actually be the first to post. Curse you, Sally!

It was Greenie, undertakers have the tools for this kind of job!
It was Loslote, candlesticks have been the tools in many a murder in Clue!
It was Shasta, miscreants always do these things!
It was Kit, coopers have...wait...no.

I so rarely get to do the silly post. I'm relishing this! /silly.
Old 12-05-2011, 07:20 PM   #5
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
No!!! Who's going to eat the best meals now?

To start us off right away, I propose dinner... er, my suspicion list.

Sally is guilty of posting first.
Greenie is guilty of being green.
Bom is a cobbler.
But Inzil is still furrier.
Kath is guilty of competing with me in the world of food.
Agan is guilty of being Kath's wife.
Nerwen is guilty of being fourth-last on the list of living.
Pitchwife is guilty of wearing yellow boots.
Shasta is a notable miscreant. He's guilty.
Kit is guilty because... well, I'll think of something.
Nog is guilty of marking essays.
Lottie is guilty because of her avatar. It has a tail.
I am guilty of daring to joke in my very first post....

Edit: xed with Kit. Darn it! I thought I'll post the first silly post!
Old 12-05-2011, 07:53 PM   #6
Bom Tombadillo
Wight

Bom Tombadillo has just left Hobbiton.
*ahem* Reveals please. [joke]I am the cobbler[/joke]. Would the wolves please come forward? Kthxbai.

. . .

Okthxnotsobai.

Boromir88 is suspicious and dead (also, the moderator).
the phantom is not here.
Neither is Folwren.
Nogrod is guilty of having been the bad guy once.
Galadriel55 is guilty of making jokes, suspicion-lists, and joking suspicion-lists.
I am guilty of the same, and hypocrisy.
My Good Twin is guilty of impersonating me.
I am guilty of listing people who aren't here, and of listing the same person more than once on a single list.
Dangit, me.
*neverending guiltiness loop*

Last edited by Bom Tombadillo; 12-05-2011 at 07:54 PM. Reason: [joke] tags. Because you lot are bloodthirsty monsters. Oh, and some of you are wolves.
Bom Tombadillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:38 PM   #7
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Here be Shasta, full of snark...

'Kay, so we've got... what, after Sally, three variations on the same type of post. Haha. I get that you guys want to be silly but at least be original, for Eru's sake.

Anyway. So, what, we're not allowed to fight or flee? Pah. I defy these wolves to tell me what I can and can not do.

-Swipes an apple from a vendor's stall and munches on it-
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 10:08 PM   #8
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Wolves? Really? Did you lot get tired of being ridden by Goblins?

And Bom, are you trying to look suspicious?
Old 12-05-2011, 10:39 PM   #9
Bom Tombadillo
Wight

. . . Maybe? Although, why do you think I look suspicious? Do you have something against shoes?
Old 12-05-2011, 11:05 PM   #10
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Bom could be either a) an innocent having fun on Day 1, b) a cobbler having fun on Day 1 so as to attract wolfsies, or c) a wolfsie having fun on Day 1 to look like a cobbler. Either way, I do believe his avatar at the very least is a bit furry for me to be thrilled about any potential trusting snugglewases anytime soon.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:39 PM   #11
Bom Tombadillo
Wight

*looks confused* Well, of course I'm a cobbler! But I'm also an innocent, and I don't see why I would want to attract wolves.

All joking aside, I'm definitely an innocent, and you should all die for suspecting me. How could you betray the village so?

Okay, all joking really aside this time, honest, ummmmmm . . . Hmm.

^
This is me speechless.

Give me something to talk about, people! OR ELSE. (And make it snappy. You've only got over twelve hours before I can properly check back.)
Old 12-06-2011, 06:21 AM   #12
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I was hoping for more activity before I went to work. Today will be the worst day for me because of my work schedule. I get home an hour before DL and will have to make a quick and likely random vote decision. So you should all flood the thread with incriminating evidence in the next hour so I can mull it over at work.

What's happened in the last few hours...
No one's been serious. Loslote and Inzil both throw out joke-type suspicions of Bom for his admitted silliness. I believe are false suspcions based on the and that have followed each comment.

And it's been some hours since anyone posted. Is this village trying to make things difficult?
Old 12-06-2011, 06:22 AM   #13
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Good-bye already?

I just had a terrible realisation. This is the last time I will have access to the Downs before DL. It's all my stupid schedule! I might have 5 minutes like 2 hours before DL, but it's not enough time to read through the Day. It just happens so that all the days that I can actually participate a bit more are Nights.

I'm really sorry about this, guys. Europeans, I now know how you feel.

I should be able to post a bit more toMorrow...

As for the vote - I have absolutely nothing to base it off! I'm drawing names from a hat...

*drumroll*

++NERWEN

I'm sorry, Nerwen. You didn't even post yet. This is the randomness that my darned schedule drives me to.

I wish the village luck, and I'll talk more toMorrow, if this schedule doesn't beat me up completely.

Edit: xed with Kit
Old 12-06-2011, 06:59 AM   #14
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottie
Bom could be either a) an innocent having fun on Day 1, b) a cobbler having fun on Day 1 so as to attract wolfsies, or c) a wolfsie having fun on Day 1 to look like a cobbler.
Cobbler? He doesn't look any more cobblerish than usual. (Not taking into account, of course, that his occupation is "cobbler" - but I think we should forget that before somebody, somewhere, gets confused.) Seriously now, I don't think we can deduce much anything from Bom's posts this far since they have not, at least in my opinion, differed in any remarkable way of the way he plays whatever his role.

Also, I'm not a fan of Gal's vote, though I can relate to her situation of having to vote before anything has really happened. Still, it doesn't seem fair to vote a random player who hasn't even posted yet.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."

Last edited by A Little Green; 12-06-2011 at 06:59 AM. Reason: typo
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 07:14 AM   #15
Kitanna
Child of the West

Thanks G55 for listening to my "flood the thread with incriminating evidence" statement! /sarcasm

I'm going to go out a limb and say her random vote was probably decided by metagaming. I can't say I like what she did, but on the other hand, I came close to having to do the same thing. There doesn't seem to be much more to say on the subject. She voted for someone who hasn't spoken and she won't be back to make a more informed vote.

Quote:
Cobbler? He doesn't look any more cobblerish than usual. (Not taking into account, of course, that his occupation is "cobbler" - but I think we should forget that before somebody, somewhere, gets confused.) Seriously now, I don't think we can deduce much anything from Bom's posts this far since they have not, at least in my opinion, differed in any remarkable way of the way he plays whatever his role.
I wouldn't read too much into any of that unless it continues further. It looked like a bunch of Day 1 silliness for all involved.

I'm already late getting dressed and scrapping ice off my car, so I need to go. I will be back an hour before DL. I'm going to try my hardest to read and vote before Day ends.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:48 AM   #16
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
1420!

*rings handbell*

Oyez! Oyez! Good people of Esgaroth, honoured guests from the Mountain and Forest, and all travellers from near and far! Be known that Galadriel55 is a sneaking, backstabbing wretch! Let none sample her cooking!
Old 12-06-2011, 08:42 AM   #17
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
I agree. Bom's doing his standard "suspicious innocent" deal, which can as always be taken many ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna View Post
Thanks G55 for listening to my "flood the thread with incriminating evidence" statement! /sarcasm

I'm going to go out a limb and say her random vote was probably decided by metagaming. I can't say I like what she did, but on the other hand, I came close to having to do the same thing. There doesn't seem to be much more to say on the subject. She voted for someone who hasn't spoken and she won't be back to make a more informed vote.
It's tough to call G55's vote, with so little to go on. Convenient for a baddie, but also understandable for a time-pressed innocent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
*rings handbell*

Oyez! Oyez! Good people of Esgaroth, honoured guests from the Mountain and Forest, and all travellers from near and far! Be known that Galadriel55 is a sneaking, backstabbing wretch! Let none sample her cooking!
Really? And you know this for what reason?
Old 12-06-2011, 09:02 AM   #18
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
So sorry if I am not concentrating properly, A Little Green is sitting in my lap and fondling me. Also, just so that the rest of you know it as well, she and I are not in the same wolfpack (which means that we will spend the game at each other's throats).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bom Tombadillo View Post
*ahem* Reveals please. [joke]I am the cobbler[/joke]. Would the wolves please come forward? Kthxbai.
Hi Cob. If I asked, would you make me a pair of pretty leather boots?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Probably. Are you trying to signal to him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
It just happens so that all the days that I can actually participate a bit more are Nights.
What's the point of saying this if you are not going to participate in the night scheming?

Shasta sounds sneaky.

I'll be back later with more content - now I am going to employ my artistic skills for the benefit of those Downers who dare give their home addresses to us sweet and innocent Finns.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:10 AM   #19
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
I don't think I've played with him enough yet - I didn't realize this was standard Bom. Never mind, then.

As for G55, I've done the same thing as an innocent and as a wolf, so I can't really draw any conclusions based on that vote, much as I'd like to.

Now someone else do something exciting and controversial so we can spend the rest of the Day bickering over that, kthzbai.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:40 AM   #20
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Normal to him or not, jumping all around the place calling himself the cobbler is at best adding to the confusion. At worst it is a decent place to hide for a wolf or a way for a cobbler to signal the wolfsies (if he is not lynched the theory is verified whether he is a wolf, a cobbler or something else).

So even if I see what Greenie and some others say, I'm not going to let Bom slip by just for that being "normal" to him.

That doesn't mean I'm going to vote for him just for that. It will depend on his later posting and on what others do meanwhile.

So I'm joining the group who say the Day is not the best one for me: I'm off to do some homework and then going to a concert. But I'll be back for some time later on the Day (with +2 GMT I need to vote 2-3 hours before the DL).

Any other thoughts after a quick skimming through the thread?

If Galadriel were a gifted she wouldn't have then slipped that "I can actually participate a bit more are Nights" -thing. That would be far too reckless. But could she slip it as a wolf? Or is it just an ordo talking things that are not necessarily to the point regarding the game (as ordos have nothing to do by Night)?

A lot of sillyness in general - which is not bad if it is accompanied by some more sensible stuff (which I do find wanting more or less). So very little to go forth with.

I'll try to get back before I'll leave for the concert and hope I can say something more substantial to claim my right to whine about so few real contributions to the game so far.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:59 AM   #21
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
*rings handbell*

Clearly you haven't seen the state of her kitchen.

Quote:
I don't think I've played with him enough yet - I didn't realize this was standard Bom. Never mind, then.
Well, I don't know why you haven't realised, Lottie, as he's been exactly like this in every other game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun
Hmmn. You know, I'm guessing Boro would actually avoid making the cobbler, well, the cobbler.

EDIT:X'd with Nog; messed up quotes.

Last edited by Nerwen; 12-06-2011 at 11:03 AM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 11:37 AM   #22
Bom Tombadillo
Wight

M'back! A bit ahead of schedule, though not for long.

Finally, somebody realized that joking is standard for me. I've got naught else to do early Day 1 - could fling accusations and see who jumps, but flinging jokes is more fun.

@Nerwen: Or it might appeal to his sense of humor to make the cobbler the cobbler. Not that I'm saying I'm the cobbler or anything, even though I am . . . aw, exprolentarinoquate it all. WOLVES, TO ME!
Old 12-06-2011, 12:30 PM   #23
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzil
Only suspicious thing I've seen thus far.

Kind of want to vote G55 (how dare she vote my jewel!) but will likely vote Inzil unless I see something else even more suspicious.

-Grabs another apple-

No, I'm not paying. I'm a notable miscreant, remember? It's kind of what we do.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 12-06-2011, 12:51 PM   #24
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Okay. I was thinking of making the long-forgotten Devil's Advocate view on everyone but I'm afraid I'm not having enough time for that right now. I mean sometimes things like that can kick a game forward and this one clearly is stalling in a major way.

But I'll throw out something I have time for...

It is interesting we have three people sending silly lists to begin the game - and those people are also the most vocal ones thereafter... If I was a wolf with a bold team we could do something like that just to have fun with it. So Kit, Galadriel and Bom?

Probably not. But then again I'd be surprised if they all are goodies... I just don't think that general air there is free from foul.

A bit more promising thing...

Inzil goes first for Bom making this "are you trying to look suspicious?" -thing, but after Greenie makes a strongish point for that being within the normal-Bomness, he goes to:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zilliacus
I agree. Bom's doing his standard "suspicious innocent" deal, which can as always be taken many ways.
Something there alerts my "careful-agreement-radar"... I mean somehow the way he used Bom to make a question and the way he discarded with it by saying "yeah, we all know it's his standard behaviour" just looks whimsy.

In the same vein Lottie also raises my eyebrows for stepping back from Bom, and unlike Zil who clearly lets us understand he has played many games with Bom and thus has a personal & experience-based view on Bom's behaviour, Lottie goes on accepting the explanation like that - and deciding the thing is settled:
Quote:
I didn't realize this was standard Bom. Never mind, then.
Something in the way she phrases that makes me uneasy as well. It's too easy, too... kind of "it doesn't matter" (as long as none suspects us wolves" or something like that).

Between Zil & Lottie I'd say Lottie is the more suspicious, but that's not very much as yet.

Blah. I have to go now. I hoped I'd have time to look at you others as well, but no can do.

Back later.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 12:55 PM   #25
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Oh, right. Questioning a pointed (joking or not) accusation made seemingly out of the blue is quite suspicious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Kind of want to vote G55 (how dare she vote my jewel!) but will likely vote Inzil unless I see something else even more suspicious.
I'd expect nothing less.

x/d with Nog
Old 12-06-2011, 01:06 PM   #26
Bom Tombadillo
Wight

Hmmn. People seem to be getting more worked up than is entirely proper over G55's lack of time, but with so little to go on I guess that's hard to avoid.

Inziladun, meanwhile, actually is interesting. Not suspicious, just interesting. S/he (?) still hasn't answered why s/he thought I looked suspicious initially.

Lastly, Nerwen? Would you mind providing an explanation for why G55's vote is "backstabbing?" Perhaps you had agreed not to do wolf-on-wolf, or some such thing . . .

Last edited by Bom Tombadillo; 12-06-2011 at 01:07 PM. Reason: Clarification-ness.
Bom Tombadillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 01:25 PM   #27
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Home from a long day on the pasture with my flock (OOC: working late). At the moment, I've half a mind to vote the next person to complain that nothing serious is happening and ask for somebody to "please do something suspicious". Slackers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta re Zil's #17
That one raised my eyebrows as well.

The early, shall I say, conversation around Bom is interesting:

Zil #8
acts as if this were his first game with him and he had never seen Bom on Day 1.

Lottie #11
states that Bom could be anything (thanks for clearing that up), but doesn't trust him because of his avvie, of all things. Very sensible.

Kit #12
supposes that both Zil & Lottie weren't serious because of smilies in their post. Why say that when nobody had yet questioned the whole matter? Wasn't it a bit early in the Day to be so concerned for peace in the village, while in the same breath complaining there was nothing going on? I don't know, I could see a wolf here seeing a packmate or two ogling an easy prey and eager to excuse them (+ possibly signaling them to back off, which they promptly did), or a wolf trying to look calm and noncontroversial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan re Greenie
Also, just so that the rest of you know it as well, she and I are not in the same wolfpack (which means that we will spend the game at each other's throats).
You mean you're in two different wolfpacks? Also, that would be quite a convenient thing to say if the two of you were packmates, in case of some later wolf-on-wolf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan re Zil's 8
I don't know about Zil, but are you, Miss Pretty Leather-boots?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil
Questioning a pointed (joking or not) accusation made seemingly out of the blue is quite suspicious.
Quote:
Lastly, Nerwen? Would you mind providing an explanation for why G55's vote is "backstabbing?" Perhaps you had agreed not to do wolf-on-wolf, or some such thing . . .
Out of the blue? I suppose it couldn't have anything to do with the fact that G55 had just voted Nerwen in her absence = stabbed her when her back was turned, now couldn't it?

Last edited by Pitchwife; 12-06-2011 at 01:32 PM. Reason: clarification & formatting
Pitchwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 01:34 PM   #28
Bom Tombadillo
Wight

True, but on most of the occasions when I've seen the phrase used, it's been in cases of treachery. It may have different connotations to others of course.

Or it may be nothing. I'm just trying to get people talking, really.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:45 PM   #29
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Inziladun, meanwhile, actually is interesting. Not suspicious, just interesting. S/he (?) still hasn't answered why s/he thought I looked suspicious initially.
Interesting I am. I'll also take eccentric, odd, and pretty darned distinctive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
Out of the blue? I suppose it couldn't have anything to do with the fact that G55 had just voted Nerwen in her absence = stabbed her when her back was turned, now couldn't it?
Could have been. I forgot that vote was immediately proceeding.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:57 PM   #30
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Could have been. I forgot that vote was immediately proceeding.
When you had just commented on G55's vote a paragraph before in the same post? Hmmm.
Old 12-06-2011, 02:00 PM   #31
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
When you had just commented on G55's vote a paragraph before in the same post? Hmmm.
Yup. Swing and a miss. That's what comes of posting while not only working, but also listening to an online streaming show about one of my favorite subjects.
Old 12-06-2011, 02:25 PM   #32
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzil
Oh, right. Questioning a pointed (joking or not) accusation made seemingly out of the blue is quite suspicious.
Um, when it's obviously a joke (as evidenced by the fact that it was made in character), then yes, it's suspicious. And nonchalantly brushing off the fact that it's suspicious with a sarcastic comeback is classic wolf behavior. Thought you ought to know.
Old 12-06-2011, 03:16 PM   #33
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
I'm here (thanks for the reminder Boro!), but I'm very tired. I'm going to read the thread and vote ... if there's anything to base a vote on so far.
Old 12-06-2011, 03:20 PM   #34
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Well, I don't know why you haven't realised, Lottie, as he's been exactly like this in every other game.
I haven't played a game in over four months, and I think I've only played with Bom a couple of times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
and unlike Zil who clearly lets us understand he has played many games with Bom and thus has a personal & experience-based view on Bom's behaviour, Lottie goes on accepting the explanation like that
Acting unusually is one of the clearest signs of someone being evil. Bom's behavior struck me as unusual, but when I was reassured that it was usual for me, I didn't think it worthwhile to continue looking at it as somewhat suspicious.

Quote:
Hmmn. People seem to be getting more worked up than is entirely proper over G55's lack of time, but with so little to go on I guess that's hard to avoid.
I would say it is entirely proper. Her vote was bad (regardless of circumstances requiring it, I don't think anyone can argue that it was in any way good). It was also one of the only things of note to happen yet. I think it would only have been improper if we'd ignored it.
Old 12-06-2011, 03:35 PM   #35
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
G55, Kitanna and Bom should be the three wolves. One wolf says 'well we could start with silly list posts' but unfortunately they all three did it!

Bom? It's Day 1. Pretend to be the cobbler if you want. As long as you're an innocent not a Gifted then if you end up dying it's protecting Gifteds. Shame for the village if silly behaviour ends up with us lynching an innocent over a wolf though.

G55 votes Nerwen. Well, clearly a random vote. Guess we'll have to hope we see more of her toMorrow.

Inzil's a bit aggressive. 'And you know this how?' to Nerwen, and something previously toward Bom I think.

Agan - kind of agree with her comment on G55 saying only around Nights. Was an odd thing to point out really. Could have just said 'oh no it turns out I'm not really around on the days that are Days', mentioning Nights at all is unnecessary. Could be a hint. But, G55 isn't going to be back toDay, so pass for now.

Lottie and Bom are both using kthxbai. Cobbler to wolf? Wolf to wolf? Totally random?

Nerwen also a bit aggressive, particularly towards Lottie.

Ooh Nog's catch on Inzil is interesting! If Inzil turns out to be a wolf there could be some good leads in there.

Pitch looks good. Or at least, lots of interesting comments. And made me read Agan's post: we are not in the same wolfpack ... suggesting that one of the two is in a wolf pack?

So,

++INZIL
Somewhat aggressive. Still considering Nerwen's 'back-stabbing' comment deeply suspicious despite pretty much everyone else considering it to be a reply to G55 voting for her the post before. If he forgot about G55 voting for her, then he only read half of the post he quoted by Shasta - in which Shasta mentions G55 voting for Nerwen ... this quote coming immediately after another mention of Nerwen's comment being suspicious.

That's it from me toDay.
Kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 03:37 PM   #36
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Not only at work but listening to online shows and playing Werewolf at the same time? Crime must be running rampant in Alabama.

I'm not convinced of Zil's innocence at this point, but I'd like to look at some other people as well - for example:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
If Galadriel were a gifted she wouldn't have then slipped that "I can actually participate a bit more are Nights" -thing. That would be far too reckless. But could she slip it as a wolf? Or is it just an ordo talking things that are not necessarily to the point regarding the game (as ordos have nothing to do by Night)?
Which indeed? Any opinions?
The way I read it, it's most likely Galordriel complaining that she doesn't have time on those days (=Days) where she could actually do something, unlike those (=Nights) where she has more time but nothing to do; to me, this isn't quite as not-to-the-point as you make it sound.
Anyway, thanks for telling the wolves she's not gifted!

As to Zil vs Lottie, I'm not sure how many games Lottie has actually played with Bom - any idea, anyone? If she really had no idea that Bom being weird and suspicious on purpose on Day1's is about as new as me being Mr Agreeable, I'd understand her backing off like this; whereas Zil should have known better than try to get any sense out of Bom on Day1, especially after helping me get lynched for the same thing (among others) last game. I don't see how this makes Lottie more suspicious, and if Zil turns out to be a wolf at some point, I'll be looking hard at Nog.

One thing he said I agree with though, that there was probably a wolf involved somewhere in the early talk toDay. I'd really like Kit to come back and talk some more while I'm online.

Whom else have we got?
Shasta did indeed sound sneaky at the beginning, like Agan said (and munching apples to demonstrate his vegetarianism?); has since gone into combat-mode and zoomed in on Zil, which I happen to agree with. Past games in mind, that should perhaps give me pause, but we'll see.

Bom, the object of that much discussion, has been himself so far and doesn't concern me toDay. This may change, however.

Greenie has so far been the good sensible girl we all know and fear. No read.

Agan has slightly poked some people (Bom, Zil, G55), which I would approve of, if it weren't in such a semi-bantering way; her question to Bom re pretty leather boots has a whiff of wolf waving to the self-revealed cobbler, but a) she would know not to take that reveal at face value, and b) she also does that pretty often as an innocent (as I know too well). No read either.

Nerwen's IC accusation of G55 looks to me like a relaxed reaction to a declaredly random (and most likely throwaway) vote, and her (also IC) reaction to Zil questioning her on it seems to confirm this; either a reasonable innocent or a veeery laid-back wolf who feels she has nothing to fear. I know Nerwen can be both, but at this point I see nothing pointing to the latter.

sally - where is she?

Kath - is here!

(x-ed with Lottie)

EDIT: (and Kath!)
Old 12-06-2011, 03:42 PM   #37
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
The way I read it, it's most likely Galordriel complaining that she doesn't have time on those days (=Days) where she could actually do something, unlike those (=Nights) where she has more time but nothing to do; to me, this isn't quite as not-to-the-point as you make it sound.
I am inclined to agree with you here. Other than the bad vote, I haven't seen anything particularly suspicious about G55 toDay, and haven't quite followed the suspicions other people have voiced about her.
Old 12-06-2011, 03:45 PM   #38
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Of course I sound sneaky. I'm a miscreant. Miscreants are almost by definition sneaky. In any case, I have yet to see anything that's telling me not to vote for Inzil - the only other thing I've seen is on Pitch and has to do with something he worded interestingly, so I'm holding judgment on that for now.
Old 12-06-2011, 04:04 PM   #39
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

I've got to go (I have a netball game to go play ) but I'll be back probably an hour and a half before DL.
Old 12-06-2011, 04:08 PM   #40
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
++INZIL
Somewhat aggressive. Still considering Nerwen's 'back-stabbing' comment deeply suspicious despite pretty much everyone else considering it to be a reply to G55 voting for her the post before. If he forgot about G55 voting for her, then he only read half of the post he quoted by Shasta - in which Shasta mentions G55 voting for Nerwen ... this quote coming immediately after another mention of Nerwen's comment being suspicious.
Wait a sec! The post by Shasta (I suppose you mean #23) came after Zil's question to Nerwen. D'accord that it should have reminded Zil of the reason for Nerwen's accusation, but he could still genuinely have forgotten it before.

Also, being aggressive per se isn't necessarily evil in WW, is it?

Also also, time constraints OK, but could you decompress your sentences a bit? I think I've figured out what you said in that last paragraph, but it took an effort or two.

About G55's vote, which I just realize I haven't commented on as such - I'm far from happy with it, but at least it's better than a no-vote, if just barely. Why Nerwen, who hadn't even posted at the time? If G55 is a wolf and Nerwen isn't, trying to get rid of a dangerous opponent might be worth it, but there was little chance of that succeeding. Looks very much random indeed to me. I suppose G55 having more time toMorrow is the best we can hope for.

EDIT: x-ed with two Lotties and a Shasta