The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-05-2005, 05:55 PM   #1
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dûm

CaptainofDespair has just left Hobbiton.
Spock and Bilbo?

I found this while surfing other forums...

http://www.compfused.com/directlink/880/

It is none other than Mr. Spock singing an ode to Bilbo Baggins. Maybe Tom Bombadil is Captain Kirk...
CaptainofDespair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 06:47 PM   #2
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

The Perky Ent has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to The Perky Ent
Yeah, I've heard that before. Balad of bilbo baggins. Whole CD and everything. I'm still waiting for the mix tape remix
'But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.'
The Perky Ent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 08:02 AM   #3
Lyta_Underhill
Haunted Halfling

Location: an uncounted length of steps--floating between air molecules
Lyta_Underhill has just left Hobbiton.
The Master of 70's Cheese--Wanderlust as a Theme

Good old Leonard Nimoy! You should hear him sing! (On the other hand, you might not want to live with PTSD...) It is interesting that he tried so hard to sing and IMO, failed miserably, while Spock's commanding officer William "Capt. Kirk" Shatner never attempted to sing, still maintained a similar level of cheesiness, and even issued a comeback album recently (titled "Has Been," of all things!) which was actually amazingly good, although creepy in places.

I must say the "Ballad of Bilbo Baggins" was amusing and cute and very hippie-ish, but I preferred Nimoy's turn on "In Search Of" to his fluffy musical attempts. But then again, I was reared on Erich von Daniken and saw aliens in my bedroom from the age of six and was thus, a large fan of the X-Files and its almost unknown predecessor "Kolchak: the Night Stalker." But what does this have to do with Bilbo Baggins? I'll tell you--WANDERING! Bilbo wandered Middle Earth; Spock wandered the stars! UFO's wandered, real or imagined, in the consciousness of the populace, hinting that something was "out there," and that if we couldn't rush down the road to meet it, we should look for it here, sort of like Frodo talking with Elves and Dwarves around the Shire before he left it.

Why do I place all this in a thread about Spock and Bilbo? Well, they share a mandate: To Boldly Go Where No Hobbit has Gone Before, or the Galaxy goes Ever On and On...

Cheers!
Lyta (Crackpot in Residence)
“…she laid herself to rest upon Cerin Amroth; and there is her green grave, until the world is changed, and all the days of her life are utterly forgotten by men that come after, and elanor and niphredil bloom no more east of the Sea.”
Lyta_Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 05:38 PM   #4
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Is it bad that I had to stop that in the middle before I gouged my own eyes out?

Actually, I'd call that a keeper.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote