Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2006, 10:54 AM   #481
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
The problem is, that if Sorn and Gurth are both unarmed it shouldn't be so much of a problem for Haleth, who would be quite a skilled swordsman, after all. Would it be logical for Gurth to have a sword? That might be easier. Otherwise, would Gurth fight him basically fists vs. sword? That seems like a really unfair fight. What do the rest of you think?
Old 11-12-2006, 11:28 AM   #482
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Well, it would become skill and unarmed strength vs skill and weapons, I suppose, because Gurth is so massive and can kill with fists...

But if you like you can have him use his axe - which I said he dropped earlier, but which he could have picked up - to parry the sword, which is a possible manoeuvre if Gurth pushes the axe pole against the flat of the blade in time. And Gurth is quick when not drunk.
Old 11-12-2006, 03:05 PM   #483
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
LMP- I'm not terribly worried about the calendar accuracy. Almost any number of days of rest could pass between the rescue and where the Mead Hall thread picked up, days spent recuperating and dealing with the afteraffects of the attack while the arrival of Degas and Lin's brother is awaited. We could even end with an epilogue...everyone a week after the ordeal, or perhaps with the trial of Osfrid and Muriel, who are likely to be the only kidnappers in custody, since I don't think we'll see Scyld again until Lin's return to Rohan. (Probably...details of Scyld's fate are still up in the air)
Old 11-12-2006, 03:09 PM   #484
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Okay, that sounds fine to me. Thanks, Jenny!
Old 11-12-2006, 07:50 PM   #485
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Alright, I'll work that in with a axe instead of a sword.
Old 11-25-2006, 08:31 PM   #486
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Helloooo-oooooo! Anybody out there?

*The Rohan chamber of the barrow echoes emptily.*

Hmmmm...... I wonder where everybody is.....
Old 11-25-2006, 08:35 PM   #487
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'm so sorry. I'm not too far gone. I've been haunting the place pretty often but writing little except for in the Fellowship RPG.

What do I need to do? Give me orders and I shall carry them out to the finish.

Thornden was ordered to go into the house with Eodwine, correct? Has Eodwine nothing to say about the false Linduial? And what about the prisoner? When is Haleth's murder going to be found out about? Where is Jenny and Firefoot with Lin and what's-his-name.........................................can't remember.

I'm going to write a post to fill a Save and then I'll back here.

EDIT: Wait, I think I know what Jenny's up to. She's been moving. At least, she was last weekend. I don't know what sort of condition she's in now to be writing. So I think I answered that question. But Firefoot is around, I think, and I hope Tara is, too...somewhere.

-- Foley
Old 11-25-2006, 09:31 PM   #488
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Taralphiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Taralphiel
I am here, I am lurking, but I'm stuck on my next post.

I have Sorn fighting Haleth, and ordering Gurth to follow him. He'll go into the forest and search for Linduial.

My concern is that he really is not sure where to look, so there has to be SOME logical reason he heads in a certain direction. I do know it's a far stretch saying Sorn has logic, but he usually has some strange and delusional reason for what he does...

Further, I'm undecided as to when Gurth should 'turn' on Sorn. Anguirel, would it be best to have Gurth go against Sorn's orders now, if he makes it apparent he wants to kill Linduial?

Jenny can Sorn actually FIND Lin and Scyld, but thenbe done away by Gurth? I pose this question to you too Fire .

I apologise for my indecisiveness and a plain bad case of writer's block. I have a tentative post, which if I'm pushed I will put up today. Maybe it'll give people an idea of what I'm on about...

- Tara

Last edited by Taralphiel; 11-25-2006 at 09:35 PM.
Old 11-26-2006, 06:56 AM   #489
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Might Sorn have some ability in tracking? Could he decipher a pair of foot prints and follow them?

As to Foley's useful questions, I'm sort of lost as to where everyone is in the house. I suppose all I really need to do is go reread what has already been written and go from there.

The reason I stopped where I did was because I thought there might be someone else who might want to post up again before I carried things to the next step with Eodwine.
Old 11-26-2006, 07:23 AM   #490
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Quote:
Jenny can Sorn actually FIND Lin and Scyld, but thenbe done away by Gurth? I pose this question to you too Fire .
I like this option.

I can't say I really have an excuse for not posting - I'll try to write something for Scyld today.
Old 11-26-2006, 03:31 PM   #491
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

There we go.

I figured something to slow Scyld and Lin down a bit might be in order, so I had them stop for lunch... hopefully they don't get too careless...
Old 11-27-2006, 10:47 AM   #492
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Oh good grief! I just re-read Foley's last post and saw how much of it I forgot when I did my last post. You guys have been too kind, not telling me what a thorough mess I made of it. I'll fix it first opportunity. May be tonight, but not during this short lunch break.
Old 11-27-2006, 04:45 PM   #493
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet
Oh good grief! I just re-read Foley's last post and saw how much of it I forgot when I did my last post. You guys have been too kind, not telling me what a thorough mess I made of it. I'll fix it first opportunity. May be tonight, but not during this short lunch break.
*chuckle* There were a few moments there when I was considering telling you to go back and re-read what I wrote. You're forgiven. Perhaps when you re-write it, I'll be more quick to post.

I'm back home now, too, so things should be settling back down to normal.

-- Folwren
Old 11-27-2006, 09:33 PM   #494
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Okay, I've fixed my mess.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:31 PM   #495
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
I'm alive. Going to go read the thread. I'll try to post, if I'm needed, tomorrow. Not tonight. No more tonight.

EDIT: I do need to post. Tomorrow! I'm really starting to like Scyld, Firefoot...I hope we can work out something lovely to do with him.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:48 PM   #496
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyHallu
EDIT: I do need to post. Tomorrow! I'm really starting to like Scyld, Firefoot...I hope we can work out something lovely to do with him.
I like him, too! I've liked him almost since the very beginning. He can be turned into a good fellow, can't he?

-- Folwren
Old 11-30-2006, 07:15 PM   #497
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Not tonight. Sorry. I will post as soon as I can, I promise, but life is chaotic right now. My computer still isn't set up at home. I'm at church.

Can be turned into a good man? I think he was a good man to begin with, just terribly lost in some moral quagmire. An idealist, lost in cynicism.
Old 12-01-2006, 08:50 PM   #498
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I think it would be good to have Scyld continue. Look at his name! "Skilled". So many possibilities.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:53 PM   #499
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Scyld has fans!

At this point, he certainly will not be killed off. He'll probably be making his reappearance in the Mead Hall once all this is over...
Old 12-02-2006, 12:11 PM   #500
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Good.
Old 12-02-2006, 10:28 PM   #501
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Here is my attempt to salvage the post I've been struggling with. I have every idea that some changes wil be needed, so please point them out. Hopefully I got the direction/timing/wording in some sort of neat order.

Also, Ang, please let me know if I should make changes to Gurth's parts.

If people wish to have Sorn spotted and chased after, I have no problems. I suppose I'd like him to have some sort of lead so his story can play out. But I'm more than willing to think up some more ideas.

- Tara
Old 12-02-2006, 10:56 PM   #502
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I think it's great! Good writing! Your struggles seem to have paid off.
Old 12-03-2006, 12:16 AM   #503
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

You have my thanks for a good idea, Elempi. It got the writing block un-stuck, so to speak

- Tara
Old 12-03-2006, 08:15 PM   #504
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Much welcomes! I'm glad it helped.
Old 12-04-2006, 05:28 AM   #505
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Great posts! Wow, this is getting so exciting!

I figure if I balance my lunch hour well tomorrow I can hand-write some notes for my next post Taking into account the planning below, I'll be able to flesh something out in the next couple of days...

I'll have Sorn hear the shouts of Eodwine, take off up the hill and confront Scyld.

This is an idea I'd like to throw out. As I'm taking it that the persuing group will not take very long to gather and run after Sorn and Gurth, perhaps Gurth turns an decides to fight them?

Perhaps he comes across a dilemma when he hears Lin in distress, and turns on Sorn whilst he's distracted?

Please let me know what you think

- Tara
Old 12-04-2006, 11:02 AM   #506
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I think it would be great to have the chaotic Gurth switch loyalties right at the crucial time, and of course AFTER he starts fighting against Eodwine's Erolingas.

So, who kills Sorn? Gurth? How close does Scyld come to catching it? Wounded? How does Linduial feel about Scyld protecting her from Sorn? Good stuff!
Old 12-04-2006, 03:38 PM   #507
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Quote:
So, who kills Sorn?
Scyld had better get at least a hit in.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:37 AM   #508
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet
I think it would be great to have the chaotic Gurth switch loyalties right at the crucial time, and of course AFTER he starts fighting against Eodwine's Erolingas.

So, who kills Sorn? Gurth?
This is what I was hoping for. Gurth stems the tide, so to speak, but turns on Sorn at the last moment, when it becomes apparent that he is going to kill Linduial.

It was the intention of Anguirel and myself that an encounter between Gurth and Sorn be mutually fatal. If someone wants to lend a hand, please let me know how

Meanwhile, has anyone heard from Ang?

- Tara
Old 12-05-2006, 06:33 AM   #509
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Quote:
If someone wants to lend a hand, please let me know how
*Points to post above...
Old 12-09-2006, 11:24 AM   #510
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I'm around, everyone, and v. sorry for my churlish lateness. Excellent post Tara, and your plan sounds good - Gurth is ready to play King Kong...
Old 12-09-2006, 07:34 PM   #511
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Excellent! Looks like I can put something together.

Ang: I'll put up a post, but I may have to take some liberties with where Gurth is standing. Please let me know if you'd like something changed.

- Tara
Old 12-09-2006, 09:58 PM   #512
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

As I see it:

Group One (Scyld and Linduial) has been located for the climax of the story. I hope to post for Eodwine soon, about the chase, but it looks like Group Two (Sorn and Gurth) needs to get some attention before Group Three (Eodwine & company) catch up .... or arrive moments after the double death...... And Group Four (Garstan and Herb Maester ) must wait.

So that means I'm waiting for Tara or Anguirel before I post.
Old 12-09-2006, 10:38 PM   #513
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sorn's made some way here.

Fire, let me know if you want to step in. I've left it open for you.

- Tara
Old 12-10-2006, 02:51 PM   #514
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Tara, you might want to add something to the end of your post about hearing the roar and rumble of many horses coming from the direction of Sorn's lands. Nice post!
Old 12-11-2006, 05:35 PM   #515
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

I'm going to wait for a response from Tara or Ang before I reply to Jenny's post.
Old 12-12-2006, 01:41 AM   #516
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

At this stage I don't want to tread on Ang's toes by telling how the dagger will end up. I can only assume he isn't seriously wounded by it, as he needs to be able to continue fighting.

With that said, there also is not much I can post about without that details.

Does anyone else have any suggestions?

EDIT:

Brilliant post, Ang! I'm working on mine right now

- Tara

Last edited by Taralphiel; 12-14-2006 at 02:30 AM.
Old 12-15-2006, 06:49 AM   #517
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Just as an FYI: I'm going to be pretty busy this weekend and am not sure if I'll be able to post. (And this is mostly to Jenny If you want to go ahead and continue, Scyld's response to her thrown rock would probably be a brief nod. If the rock that Sorn is coming around is supposed to be Lin's hiding place, Scyld is going to be gesturing for her to make a run for it/get out of there and will himself be trying to get into a better position to fight Sorn.

Oh, and a late happy birthday, Tara.
Old 12-19-2006, 07:15 PM   #518
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

What needs to happen next?
Old 12-19-2006, 08:44 PM   #519
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

I put up a save which I'll fill tomorrow afternoon sometime.

I'd say that Gurth will need to join the fight here soon, and I think the plan was for Sorn and Gurth to be dead before Eodwine & co. arrive (?). And once the battle is over, Scyld's going to hit it on out of there. He might be turning good, but he still can't trust Linduial enough to go back with her, although he'll leave her to go back/be found.

Does this sound about right?
Old 12-19-2006, 09:28 PM   #520
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Sounds good to me...

LMP, will Eodwine be making sure that planting and whatnot are taken care of at Sorn's estate? We wouldn't want the farmwork to get behind and waste the good land.

WARNING: I probably won't post in game until after Christmas. A lot going on the next few days, and we'll be heading to Indiana Thursday night. Yes, we're going to drive all night after working all day. So what? It'll surprise mummy.