The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-04-2011, 06:06 PM   #1
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Game Thread: TIG XCII - Disaster by the Lake

Linky to Admin thread.

---

(Insert Night 1 narration)

---

LIVING
Boro...King's secretary

Aganzir...Baker's wife.
Bom...Cobbler
Galadriel55...Cook.
Greenie...Undertaker.
Inziladun...Furrier of Lake-town.
Kath...Baker.
Kitanna...Cooper.
Loslote...Candlestick Maker.
Nogrod...Wine-maker from Dorwiniondil.
Nerwen...Town crier.
Pitchwife...Shepherd.
Sally...most prestigious Musician and Poet of Lake-town.
Shasta...Notable miscreant.

DEAD

----

It be Night 1. No Posting on this thread yet.

Seer send out your birdy. Wolves chatter.

(This is up about an hour before the Game DL of 8pm. So Day 1 will start in just under 25 hours from this post)

Last edited by Boromir88; 12-05-2011 at 06:31 PM.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 06:59 PM   #2
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Day 1

"Our information tells us the secretary plans on sending word to the Dwarves out of the Lonely Mountain and enlisting their help in rebuilding this town." grumbled an evil figure.

"It appears we must strike make our strike sooner than planned." said another. "We will not succeed in our mission if the village becomes infested with dwarf builders and shop-makers."

The last gave the final approval. "It happens tonight."

---

The townspeople awoke to find a grisly scene in the middle of the village. The man who had arrived at Esgaroth to oversee its rebuilding was laying on the ground, tangled and broken. The King's secretary was dead. And engraved in a stump was a warning.

This village now is under the occupation of the werewolves. We will find reward in our own kind for anyone who aids us. Anyone who tries to flee, we will know. Anyone who opposes us, will end up like this one.

LIVING

Aganzir...Baker's wife.
Bom...Cobbler
Galadriel55...Cook.
Greenie...Undertaker.
Inziladun...Furrier of Lake-town.
Kath...Baker.
Kitanna...Cooper.
Loslote...Candlestick Maker.
Nogrod...Wine-maker from Dorwiniondil.
Nerwen...Town crier.
Pitchwife...Shepherd.
Sally...most prestigious Musician and Poet of Lake-town.
Shasta...Notable miscreant.

DEAD

Boro...King's Secretary (Night 1)

---

It's now Day 1. You know what to do from here.

(Disclaimer: Nothing in the narration has any hidden clues/meanings towards any one's role.)

(Disclaimer 2: There will be no double lynches. In a tied vote the person who was voted for LAST in the tie will be lynched).
Old 12-05-2011, 07:01 PM   #3
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
My darling! Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I will now sequester myself in my quarters until such time as I have composed a suitably morose ballad in his honor.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 07:17 PM   #4
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I thought I might actually be the first to post. Curse you, Sally!

It was Greenie, undertakers have the tools for this kind of job!
It was Loslote, candlesticks have been the tools in many a murder in Clue!
It was Shasta, miscreants always do these things!
It was Kit, coopers have...wait...no.

I so rarely get to do the silly post. I'm relishing this! /silly.
Old 12-05-2011, 07:20 PM   #5
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
No!!! Who's going to eat the best meals now?

To start us off right away, I propose dinner... er, my suspicion list.

Sally is guilty of posting first.
Greenie is guilty of being green.
Bom is a cobbler.
But Inzil is still furrier.
Kath is guilty of competing with me in the world of food.
Agan is guilty of being Kath's wife.
Nerwen is guilty of being fourth-last on the list of living.
Pitchwife is guilty of wearing yellow boots.
Shasta is a notable miscreant. He's guilty.
Kit is guilty because... well, I'll think of something.
Nog is guilty of marking essays.
Lottie is guilty because of her avatar. It has a tail.
I am guilty of daring to joke in my very first post....

Edit: xed with Kit. Darn it! I thought I'll post the first silly post!
Old 12-05-2011, 07:53 PM   #6
Bom Tombadillo
Wight

Bom Tombadillo has just left Hobbiton.
*ahem* Reveals please. [joke]I am the cobbler[/joke]. Would the wolves please come forward? Kthxbai.

. . .

Okthxnotsobai.

Boromir88 is suspicious and dead (also, the moderator).
the phantom is not here.
Neither is Folwren.
Nogrod is guilty of having been the bad guy once.
Galadriel55 is guilty of making jokes, suspicion-lists, and joking suspicion-lists.
I am guilty of the same, and hypocrisy.
My Good Twin is guilty of impersonating me.
I am guilty of listing people who aren't here, and of listing the same person more than once on a single list.
Dangit, me.
*neverending guiltiness loop*

Last edited by Bom Tombadillo; 12-05-2011 at 07:54 PM. Reason: [joke] tags. Because you lot are bloodthirsty monsters. Oh, and some of you are wolves.
Bom Tombadillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:38 PM   #7
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Here be Shasta, full of snark...

'Kay, so we've got... what, after Sally, three variations on the same type of post. Haha. I get that you guys want to be silly but at least be original, for Eru's sake.

Anyway. So, what, we're not allowed to fight or flee? Pah. I defy these wolves to tell me what I can and can not do.

-Swipes an apple from a vendor's stall and munches on it-
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 06:21 AM   #8
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I was hoping for more activity before I went to work. Today will be the worst day for me because of my work schedule. I get home an hour before DL and will have to make a quick and likely random vote decision. So you should all flood the thread with incriminating evidence in the next hour so I can mull it over at work.

What's happened in the last few hours...
No one's been serious. Loslote and Inzil both throw out joke-type suspicions of Bom for his admitted silliness. I believe are false suspcions based on the and that have followed each comment.

And it's been some hours since anyone posted. Is this village trying to make things difficult?
Old 12-12-2011, 05:42 PM   #9
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
The Eye What I said and why I said it:

My only clue I have been able to give on Day1 was my vote.

Day2:

I wrote 2 suspicion list, one at the beginning and one at the end of the Day. And they look pretty much the same. I'm quoting the first one:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Anyways, some basic impressions from yesterDay:

Pitch: I didn’t locate any fur on him. Looks innocent enough to me.

Bom: is Bom. I didn’t expect anything other than silliness from him. Can’t say anything about his alignment, though.

Nerwen: hard to say anything about her just yet. But this game she doesn’t make me nervous or scare me like in previous games, though I try to keep in mind how deadly sharp she can be to either side.

Kit, Shasta, and Greenie are sensible, and hopefully innocent.

Nog: sometimes made neat points, but at other times he has been plain illogical. I don’t want to condemn him right away because of that, though; he might be an innocent who looks at things differently than I do, or he might be a wolf who left some holes in his persuasion, or a cobbler who is just messing with our heads and taking our attention off the real wolves. Currently I think the last two are more likely.

Lottie: sweet-tongued. Defensive. I understand her defensiveness, but I haven’t played enough with her to tell if her tone is normal. I guess it is, since no one commented on it before.

Agan: is confusing. Jokes are jokes, but by the end of Day 1 you do stop fooling around with obvious silly bluffing. What’s up with your wolf-packs?
You might have noticed that here, just like on the second list, I am uncomitted about anyone except for Pitch (whom I've dreamed that Night), and I single out Nerwen, saying that she's "deadly sharp". Also, she doesn't make me nervous, because I know her role already and don't have to worry about puzzling her out.

The following was written so that in the event of my death someone would be able to put 2+2 together:

Quote:
Lucky you haven’t! If you look at the state of my room you'll know why I would never be asked to run anything in RL, let alone a kitchen when all the time something burns, boils over, goes bad... To give you some idea about that, the only things in my room that I constantly put away as a rule are scissors and pins. I once almost sat on one.
Bolding here to emphasise the key words. Remember how I said that Nerwen is "deadly sharp"?

Night/Day3

Was about to dream Nog, but decided that it's unefficient since he's in the centre of attention and likely to be lynched the next Day. So I dreamt Shasta instead.

Quote:
Noooo!!! What has our shepherd ever done to you wolves? He's not a boy, and he didn't cry "wolf"...

Or did he? I'm going over his posts.
Here I mourn for ordo!Pitch because I felt like I have hinted too much about him, thus revealing both our identities (but the wolves didn't want to lose Nerwen so early on, so they let me live). But there was still a possibility that I had nothing to do with it and that Pitch was killed because he suspected Kit. But my dream was made a waste either way.

And here comes my conversation with sally:

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Galadriel, please answer a question for me.

Are you an ordo? Or do you have a specific role? Please don't say which one, and of course don't expect me to necessarily believe you, but answer nonetheless.
Quote:
What kind of question is this? We're all ordos here, remember? It's just that some of us secretly aren't, and they won't tell you about it. I'm just as ordinary as you are, or seem, or try to seem. And if you're sensible you wouldn't pay too much attention to that last sentence, because everyone would tell you that, regardless of role.
Quote:
Kill me, and I can almost assure you there will only be three.
(the reveal.... kinda goes over 2 posts)

I nitpick Nerwen's posts trying to find a reason for her to look suspicious enough to be lynched. That continues for a few posts. Greenie and Kit also get a couple pokes here and there. Call me a hypercrite. I am. (ie I accused Nerwen of grabbing every strand of other's posts, and did it myself with hers)

Quote:
*Shoves a bucketful of apples at Shasta* as long as you use them for the good of the village, they're there!

Suspicion list:

GUILTY
Nerwen. Don't like how desperately she wants sally ot of the way.
Nog. Impersonating the Seer. Most likely cobbler.

INNOCENT (ish)
Sally. I trust her.
Shasta. He looks like an innocent who tries to do his best, and really he did even more than other innocents with that Aganalysis, although it turned out wrong. It did not come out of nowhere.

Unknown
Everyone else.

Edit 2: Good luck, village! You'll need it! Just keep your eyes open.
Need I explain this one, after I bolded out the important parts?

Quote:
For the record....

++Nerwen

It's not like it matters now anyway.
I took this to mean that "for the record", sally guessed at my role, and believed me.

Night4:

Between Kit and Greenie chose to dream Greenie.

After seeing all this, do you not trust that I'm the Seer and that Nerwen, Shasta, and Greenie are who I said they are?

Edit: xed since #327