The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-25-2005, 03:52 PM   #561
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
++Faramir

he got shot by an arrow that creep
Old 09-25-2005, 03:58 PM   #562
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally posted by Gil-galad:
he got shot by an arrow that creep
Oh-ho! And that's a good reason, is it? I'll say that our reasons for kicking of Cirdan were bad, but nothing even close to that! Faramir was all nobleness in the books. And he only got shot by an arrow because of his unswerving bravery and selflessness. I daresay he could have escaped it, had he not gone back to help his men.

I say we should rid this island of Gollum! The beastly, sniveling thing is low down and dirty. Slimy, and (as someone said) book naked. Not a good thing to be running around with some girls still around. Possitively disgusting. And he eats babies.

Therefore, my vote, with good reasons given: ++Gollum

If you would like to argue with me that he ISN'T a good target to get rid of, then go ahead! I could write on and on for pages about how bad he is and how dangerous he is to every other player here!

-- Folwren
Old 09-25-2005, 04:29 PM   #563
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

The Perky Ent has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to The Perky Ent
Shield

++Hama

Because he's dead, and I have nothing good to say about him!
'But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.'
The Perky Ent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 04:35 PM   #564
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Oh ok, I was going to go for Faramir but I'll back you on this Folwren, I was hoping to get rid of Stinker/Slinker a while back anyway.
++GOLLUM
Perhaps the tv company can pay for him to have some treatment for that personality disorder.

(Meanwhile I'm going to be looking very hard at some of the ageist rabble who voted Cirdan off. Oldest of all the elves of Middle Earth, he alone had seen the stars flicker over the lost waters of Cuivienen. He was wise and generous enough to give his Ring of Power to another who needed it more. And what do you lot do - vote him off like an unwanted mathom. Words fail me.)
Old 09-25-2005, 05:03 PM   #565
Gil-Galad

--Faramir

++Hama

cause he got killed by a warg that creep
Old 09-25-2005, 06:03 PM   #566
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
White-Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88
I like Sauce's strategy in weakening the strongest group.
Come on folks, there's far to many in the Men tribe.

Faramir said that he would not pick up the Ring of he saw it lying in the road. Well, that's just great. He would just leave it for the next Orc or Ringwraith that happened to wander along. He is clearly not a strategic thinker. The island can do without his kind of "high and mighty" avoidance of responsibility.

++ FARAMIR

Hama's cool. He stood up to Aragorn (another goody-two-shoes).

Edit: Hama did not get killed by "that Warg creep". He died valiantly in the Battle of the Hornburg. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm basing my decisions on the book.
Old 09-25-2005, 06:08 PM   #567
Pallando
Wight

Pallando has just left Hobbiton.
Still voting for Gollum. ++Gollum
Pallando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 08:05 PM   #568
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
I'm telling you, Treebeard.

Check out this anagram: Bad, er... tree. Doesn't that say it all?

++Treebeard.

Besides, Faramir's a good guy to have around - he boosts everyone's morals. And Gollum catches more fish to eat than everyone else combined (you just have to ask nicely, or, barring that, beg). And Hama's just a generally helpful guy! But Treebeard doesn't do any of those things... by the time he finally decides to do something to help, someone else has already done it.
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 08:51 PM   #569
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
I'm done with the elimination of the Elves, for now. I will go and jump on the bandwagon.

++Gollum

He's talking to himself again. It's really creepy. Not to mention he's pretty much in the nude!!! That's almost as bad as Gandalf uncloaked!!!
Old 09-25-2005, 09:09 PM   #570
Alcarillo
Shadow of the Past

Alcarillo has just left Hobbiton.
Leaf

++Gollum

Sure he catches fish very well, but he eats them raw! And all he wears is a loincloth! And he talks to himself, which I hear gets very annoying when the rest of his tribe is trying to sleep. Plus, his name is simply an anagram of mug lol. Only a crazy person would laugh at a perfectly ordinary coffee mug.
Alcarillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 09:28 PM   #571
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
++Treebeard.

I would rather have a hasty ent around
Old 09-26-2005, 12:26 AM   #572
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I'm really, really, bitter about Cirdan.

But I like the Faramir/Eowyn romance too much to lose it...and I want to make good my promise about Treebeard and novelty pencils.

++TREEBEARD
Old 09-26-2005, 04:40 AM   #573
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
But I do not like the Faramir/Eowyn romance

++Faramir

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 09:51 AM   #574
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Sticking with yesterday's vote:

++TREEBEARD
Old 09-26-2005, 10:51 AM   #575
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

White-Hand A plea in the name of "entertainment"

I really don't understand why you are all so willing to vote off one of only two surviving members in the "Others" tribe. And one of the most useful of the Survivors too. Think about it. They are on a tropical island. Lots of trees. Those who can communicate with the trees, and quite possibly persuade them to make themselves useful, are valuable members of the community.

But really, we should be aiming to keep things even between the tribes, since it will make for a much more exciting climax to the show. So a vote for a member of the "Men" tribe should be the only option.

By all means, choose whichever member you like the least. My choice is Faramir, although I would be happy to see the back of Eomer (no, not that Eomer ), because I find "perfect" contestants dull to watch in these kinds of shows. Boromir and Eowyn have "character" and I like Hama for standing up to the "high and mighty" (and incredibly presumptuous) Aragorn. But, whoever we vote off, it should be one of that tribe.

Then we can look at the Hobbits tomorrow. Gollum makes great viewing but, given the options, I would probably have to vote for him.

Edit: The Faramir/Eowyn romance thing is a red herring. Much more interesting to vote off Faramir and see what else may develop ...
Old 09-26-2005, 11:17 AM   #576
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
++Hama for being a liar.
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 11:22 AM   #577
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Clearly, Faramir has to go.

There are reasons other than the fact that the Man-Tribe needs culling, reasons that direct us to him, rather than, say, Hama.

Think about it. This Faramir is obviously a bad apple. Look at what his father says about him:

"He's no son of mine! Just a wizard's pupil!"

Or his mother:

"Bearing him was the death of me. I just couldn't take it."

Or his brother:

"I didn't dare let him go to Rivendell, even if he got the message more than me. He simply didn't have what it takes."

Or Aragorn:

"Nice guy, but too quick at moving in on one's ladies..."

Or Beregond:

"I got banished from Minas Tirith because of him."

Or Frodo:

"I was blindfolded and kept in a cave."

Or Sam:

"He blindfolded Mr. Frodo, and kept him in a cave!"

Or Sauron:

"Nasty bugger."

Clearly, the overwhelming evidence is that this Faramir is not the nicest of guys. What's more, evidence from those in his tribe is that he doesn't do his share of the work:

Boromir: "Doesn't help with the major tasks, like bringing in the Immunity Ring."

Eomer: "He follows my sister around all the time."

Eowyn: "He follows me around all the time."

Hama: "He keeps longing for 'Minas Tirith in all it's glory'. Doesn't do much work. Claims he was sick, something about the Black Breath. All it took to wake him up though, was the scent of supper."

Clearly, Faramir is a worthy target, deserving of his lynch... er, removal.

++Faramir
Old 09-26-2005, 11:42 AM   #578
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil
Clearly, Faramir has to go.

There are reasons other than the fact that the Man-Tribe needs culling, reasons that direct us to him, rather than, say, Hama.

Think about it. This Faramir is obviously a bad apple. Look at what his father says about him:

"He's no son of mine! Just a wizard's pupil!"

Or his mother:

"Bearing him was the death of me. I just couldn't take it."

Or his brother:

"I didn't dare let him go to Rivendell, even if he got the message more than me. He simply didn't have what it takes."

Or Aragorn:

"Nice guy, but too quick at moving in on one's ladies..."

Or Beregond:

"I got banished from Minas Tirith because of him."

Or Frodo:

"I was blindfolded and kept in a cave."

Or Sam:

"He blindfolded Mr. Frodo, and kept him in a cave!"

Or Sauron:

"Nasty bugger."

Clearly, the overwhelming evidence is that this Faramir is not the nicest of guys. What's more, evidence from those in his tribe is that he doesn't do his share of the work:

Boromir: "Doesn't help with the major tasks, like bringing in the Immunity Ring."

Eomer: "He follows my sister around all the time."

Eowyn: "He follows me around all the time."

Hama: "He keeps longing for 'Minas Tirith in all it's glory'. Doesn't do much work. Claims he was sick, something about the Black Breath. All it took to wake him up though, was the scent of supper."

Clearly, Faramir is a worthy target, deserving of his lynch... er, removal.

++Faramir
From Mutton, Pervis and Grunte, lawyers in chief to the Prince of Ithilien.

Our client denies all charges. He dismisses his father's testimony on grounds of mental instability.

His mother's as libel originating from a slanderous mistranslation of the Sindarin sentence "I want a divorce."

His brother's on grounds of jealousy at his superior degree from Dol Amroth University.

He suggests that Aragorn should not have more than one lady anyway, and that perhaps the Queen of Gonder should be notified.

He points out that Beregond has been alloted a cushy ceremonial job, a generous pension, and a deer-park as compensation.

He explains that he was playing a lively game of Murder in the Dark with the Hobbits. (Sam did it, naturally.)

He is prepared to sue Sauron's legatees over the charge of homosexuality.

He asserts that Eomer is envious and Eowyn appreciative of his advances.

And he reminds Mr Formendacil that at the time he is claimed to have made his testimony, Hama was probably dead and certainly nowhere near Gondor.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:43 AM   #579
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Eye

Pay heed to Formendacil. He talks much sense.

Another opinion of Faramir:

Random dead Haradrim: Join the army, the poster said. See the world. Get your Mumakil Handling Licence and learn how to avoid being stomped on when it runs amok. Seemed like a good idea at the time. But what happens? They force us to march all the way from sunny Harad to gloomy Gondor under threat of death or worse, only for me to get shot by some green-clad geezer in tights under Faramir's command as soon as I get there. What thought did he give to my name or where I came from? When did he ever consider what lies or threats led me there on my long march from home? No, it took a lowly Hobbit to consider such weighty issues. This man cares not who he kills.

So there we have it. Solid evidence against the soppy Daddy's boy, if ever I heard it.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:48 AM   #580
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Faramir takes full credit for any and all pacifist subtexts within the Lord of the Rings. He refers his accusers to Mr Peter Jackson's portrayal, of which he knows at least one is a renowned supporter...

He reminds you that he does not love the sharp sword for its brightness, but does love the acute pen for its capacity to force you to pay massive libel damages...
Old 09-26-2005, 11:50 AM   #581
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Boots

Another reason to vote for Faramir. He clearly is incapable of speaking for himself, but has to hire second rate lawyers (lawyers - ugh! ) to speak for him. Which is a breach of his Survivor contract, in any event ...
Old 09-26-2005, 11:56 AM   #582
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Sting

Steady on, sir. Second-rate? I think this may be grounds for a duel!

*Thump goes the gauntlet*
Old 09-26-2005, 03:33 PM   #583
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
White Tree

Votings closed, I'll tally em up.
Old 09-26-2005, 03:42 PM   #584
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
White Tree

Gollum- 5
Treebeard- 4
Faramir- 4
Hama- 3

Au Revoir to our buddy Gollum. Every episode the person who does all the work, catches all the food, for the whole tribe always ends up getting voted off, because he's too strong a competitor.

Hobbits
Lobelia Sackville-Baggins
Merry
Pippin

Men and Rohan Lady
Boromir
Eomer
Eowyn
Faramir
Hama

Wizards
Alatar
Pallando

Dwarves
Gimli
Gloin

Elves
Elrond
Galadriel
Glorfindel

Others
Quickbeam
Treebeard

Badguys
Grishnakh
Ugluk

++Faramir

What I said yesterday and what's been added by Formendacil and Sauce.
Old 09-26-2005, 03:52 PM   #585
arcticstorm
Shade of Carn Dûm

arcticstorm has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to arcticstorm Send a message via MSN to arcticstorm Send a message via Yahoo to arcticstorm
++Faramir
arcticstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 03:58 PM   #586
malkatoj
Wight

malkatoj has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to malkatoj
Sting

(Sorry about joining this thread so late in it, I just discovered it. Hope I don't mess anything up too horribly.)

I think that Galadriel clearly needs to die, simply because of her movie portrayal. Sure, she's an elf and has magical...talents, I guess. But nobody should be able to speak without moving her mouth. Because of this habit, she always looks like she's about to eat the other characters, and for some reason I wouldn't be particularly surprised if that happened. Adding to this that she gave Frodo the light...which allowed Sam to make a fool of himself while trying to get rid of Shelob...it was a generally bad idea and they would have gotten more use out of something like 'more food'. For these reasons, I cast my vote for

++Galadriel
malkatoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 04:03 PM   #587
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I will be voting for Elrond now because of his retreat, the man, elf that is, left poor Gil-galad to die. He let his wife leave to Valinor and didn't go with her, essentially abandoning her and he's raised some no-good kids. Plus and most importantly he's lazy and always has everybody else do the work for him. Frodo for example. "Hey Frodo since I failed to get Isildur to cast the ring into Mt. Doom, do you think you could do it for me? You could? Great! I will sit here doing nothing and await your return. What's that Gondor is going to be crushed?....Meh"

Thoughtless and careless. A true drain on the tribe

++Elrond
Old 09-26-2005, 04:39 PM   #588
Gil-Galad

++Elrond

now i'm dead because of him, good point Morm
Old 09-26-2005, 04:56 PM   #589
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
White Tree

++Faramir

I cannot make a better argument than those of Formendacil.

But i am going to ad this : I belive Faramir is picking up some of those Identety Stealing habbits of Eowyn.

Ergo Faramir must go ! ! !

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 05:10 PM   #590
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
There I was, all set to vote for Faramir, Formendacil really said it all - but then mormegil really has made an excellent case against Elrond.
I shall wait and vote tactically.
Old 09-26-2005, 05:11 PM   #591
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Sting More anagrams...

++FARAMIR

His name is an anagram of air farm. Anyone who runs a farm to grow air has to be cracked and in need of a nice long rest back in Minas Tirith.
Old 09-26-2005, 06:05 PM   #592
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

White-Hand

Faramir should clearly have been disqualified yesterday.

While all of the other contestants were busying themselves about camp with their daily tasks and allowing viewers to form their own opinions, Faramir was more concerned with hiring a (second-rate ) lawyer in an effort to persuade, cajole and bully viewers into not voting for him.

That's cheating in my book. He must go today.

++ FARAMIR

By the way, Boro, when there are only three Survivors left, do we get to vote for the one that we think should win?
Old 09-26-2005, 07:11 PM   #593
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Once again, I must vote:

++Faramir

For all the reasons above, and adding to them the reasons below. Here we now have the testimony of members of the OTHER tribes:

Pippin (on behalf of the Hobbits): "Faramir's a pretty hesitant guy. He promised to help out the Hobbit tribe one time, but he pulled back. Said that he didn't dare go across the road. Sent Frodo and Sam alone with nothing but walking sticks and grape nuts. Cheap walking sticks too. They didn't even make it to Mordor before the lousy things broke. Secretly, I think Faramir was trying too hard to impress all the wrong people."

Pallando (For the Istari Tribe): "I've spent quite a few years in the East and South, working undercover against Sauron, and I've heard nothing but bad things about this Faramir. He's a butcher of the first order, killing off innocent victims of Sauron's cruelty. Furthermore, he's wanted by SPCA for his criminal actions against Oliphaunts. And I've heard reports that he wanted to be Gandalf's pupil. That's really a major strike against him. Gandalf's a terribly useless old geezer, and all that uncloaking... I won't say why I think Faramir was attracted to him.

Gimli (speaking on behalf of the Dwarves): "Faramir seems like a very sickly fellow. The first time I ever saw him was in the Houses of Healing. He seemed well enough, if a bit pale. Looked like a man who'd never done much outside, the kind that likes to avoid work. What's more, the timing of his illness is remarkably suspect. Furthermore, someone as devoted as he was to the "Old Days" of Minas Tirith would be bad news for the Dwarves. Until King Elessar, Dwarves were hardly ever welcomed in the Seven-Circled City.

Galadriel (speaking for the Elves): "He's a very uninformed man. He believes the legends about the Golden Wood being a place of peril, but tries to have the best of both worlds while claiming to envy those who have spoken with Elves. He is clearly a xenophobe, however, because if he really wanted to meet Elves, all he would have to do is go up Anduin. It's not a long journey. Furthermore, notice which son of Denethor actually ends up going to Rivendell? Not Faramir. Personally, I believe that Faramir has an Anti-Elven complex.

Treebeard (speaking for the "Others): "He is a very hasty creature, this Faramir-ling. Always rushing about and working himself up into a very sweaty mess. All this flitting about Ithilien, Cair Andros, Minas Tirith, Osgiliath, and other such Gondorian places is not good for little one. He does not think things through, but makes decisions like sending away Rings of Power or to insanely hold the line in Osgiliath without barely the hesitation that a second's worth of time would bring. A most hasty little human."

Ugluk (for the Bad Guys): "Manflesh! He is weak, and deserves only to be crushed under the heel of Saruman's might!"
Old 09-26-2005, 07:23 PM   #594
Alcarillo
Shadow of the Past

Alcarillo has just left Hobbiton.
Leaf

++Elrond

All he does is mope about Arwen and Aragorn. And his wife. And he stole Vilya from Gil-Galad when he wasn't looking.
Alcarillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 07:46 PM   #595
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

++Eomer

Because I don't like band-wagoing (in this case, for Faramir) . He doubts Merry and Eowyn. Sure he helps out in the tribe, but let us not forget that i was a seer once, and I forsaw that Eomer was the werewolf of the island!
'But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.'
Old 09-26-2005, 09:28 PM   #596
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Sigh... I like Faramir.

But I could go for ++Elrond. I'd rather get rid of Treebeard, but that seems to be a lost cause.

Elrond just knows too much - it gives him an unfair edge over the other players.
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 12:12 AM   #597
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Sigh. Faramir against Elrond. So difficult. Elrond was Maglor's forster-son and is one of three Elves left...

But Faramir is me!

We need a third candidate. I'm amazed Ugluk is still here, personally. Please, Elf and Faramir supporters alike, change your votes to Ugluk.

He won't be commanding much longer.

++UGLUK
Old 09-27-2005, 12:31 AM   #598
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

Dark-Eye

--Eomer++Ugluk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugluk
I am Ugluk. I command
I mean, seriously! Who does this guy think he is? He can't just push us around! He keeps picking up the hobbits, and it's starting to creep me out. Cast him into the abyss!
Old 09-27-2005, 05:26 AM   #599
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

White Tree

Quote:
By the way, Boro, when there are only three Survivors left, do we get to vote for the one that we think should win?~Saucepan Man
I hadn't planned it, but that sounds like a good idea to me.

Votes...

Faramir- 6
Elrond- 4
Ugluk- 2
Galadriel- 1
Old 09-27-2005, 05:29 AM   #600
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

I didn't follow your vote as promised in werewolf, Anguirel, so as a small recompense I will follow you now.

++Ugluk