The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-07-2005, 11:01 AM   #1361
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally posted by Feanor of the Peredhil:
"Jack" is permanently a guy, due to that very name. Though at first I imagined a small cheeping female bird (in the best sense), now Jack is about 5'11", with floppy blonde hair, and green t-shirts that say things like "just say no to drugs" and "imagine whirled peas".
...What are you whirled peas?

--Jack
Old 10-07-2005, 04:27 PM   #1362
Alcarillo
Shadow of the Past

Alcarillo has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren
He's about eighteen...maybe twenty at the oldest.
Not quite eighteen, a bit younger.
Quote:
Dark hair, dark eyes,
Quite the opposite! Blonde hair, greenish-bluish eyes.
Quote:
and he's shy.
Well, yes, I am quite introverted.
Quote:
When he smiles, which he does often, it's a very soft, 'quiet' smile, if you know what I mean.
I'm not sure about the often part, but I suppose I have a "quiet" smile.
Quote:
He's rather handsome, and all the girls wish he would flirt with them, but he doesn't...either because he's too shy or because he's too wise for that.
Teehee, now I'm blushing! You're right that I'm not a flirter. I'm not sure what the girls think of me, though, but I like your ideas.
Quote:
He doesn't talk overly much, but he usually makes sense when he does.
True, true.
Quote:
When someone does him wrong (on accident) (like killing him in WW) he's very forgiving. He never loses patience, either, which is nice.
I think I'm patient and forgiving. I don't get angered easily.
Alcarillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 05:30 PM   #1363
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
For Whatever It's Worth...

Quote:
And while on the subject of ages, I have yet only found one 'Downer who strikes me as old enough to be retired: Thenamir. I rather suspect that the isn't that old, but that's hold old he strikes me.
I deliberately put forward the image on the chat of being an old geezer, since I am considerably older than most of the regulars, but in reality I just turned 43 a couple of weeks ago, September 23rd (Frodo's Hangover Day, the day after the Birthday Party).
Old 10-07-2005, 09:11 PM   #1364
Alcarillo
Shadow of the Past

Alcarillo has just left Hobbiton.
Leaf Time to return the favor

Folwren – She's somewhere in her mid-teens. Her hair is dark brown and wavy, and is past her shoulders and frames her face just so. Her beauty has attracted many suitors (i.e., young hobbledehoys begging for a prom date), but she has spurned them all with a wild laugh and gallops off on a horse into a blood-red sunset. She plays a musical instrument, probably a flute or violin or clarinet. She is ruthless and determined when she feels that things aren't fair, and she has an enthusiastic way of rallying others around herself.

Jack – A blond, British ship captain in his 40s.
Alcarillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 09:31 PM   #1365
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
By Alcarillo:
Folwren – She's somewhere in her mid-teens. Her hair is dark brown and wavy, and is past her shoulders and frames her face just so. Her beauty has attracted many suitors (i.e., young hobbledehoys begging for a prom date), but she has spurned them all with a wild laugh and gallops off on a horse into a blood-red sunset. She plays a musical instrument, probably a flute or violin or clarinet. She is ruthless and determined when she feels that things aren't fair, and she has an enthusiastic way of rallying others around herself.
Ah, it's fair. Hair isn't dark brown...actually a very light brown, and it's a wee more than wavy...and to my waist, not a bit past a shoulders.

'fraid no one's ever begged me for anything, save my little brother in attempt to get me to go out and build a fort with him. I do love to ride...

I play a violin very poorly. *winces at the thought* Very poorly.

Quote:
Jack – A blond, British ship captain in his 40s.
Haha! So, have ye read/watched it, then? Isn't he rather cool?

-- Folwren
Old 10-07-2005, 09:41 PM   #1366
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Alcarillo will always be the mayor of Swankytown in my eyes. Because of that, I picture him like a short stubby 42ish aged person with a bowler hat and has an air of authority.

Folwren is my fellow LOTR conspirator and always will be. She's got to be around 15-17 at least. I think her deepest ambition is to fly, without being in a plane.

Boro is still Ryan Seacrest.

B-W is a ghostly figure that always seems to pop up in my dreams but never says anything so I can't place his voice.

Well since Enca changed her avvie, I'll be picturing her as Elizabeth off of Pirates of the Carribean now.
Old 10-08-2005, 08:43 AM   #1367
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
I just had a funny little picture in my mind of Anguirel as Governor Swan from Pirates of the Caribbean. Not entirely sure where that came from - it just came to me with his use of the word "Hurrah."
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 02:00 PM   #1368
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Holbytlass has just left Hobbiton.
Nilpaurion Felagund reminds me of an older Haku from Spirited Away. Is he good? Is he bad? Is he a dragon? One is never quite sure what frame of mind Nilp is in!

Formendacil is the deadest of all us dead people here because his name reminds me of formaldehyde.
Old 10-08-2005, 03:52 PM   #1369
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I can see Nilp as Haku, or a whole bunch of other anime characters. I watched Naruto last night just to see what it was all about, and Nilp could be Kakashi, the guy with the mask over his face. Like he'd be able to pwn you and make it look easy.

Speaking of anime characters, I was thinking of LMP's rant in Werewolf 8 where he totally lost it. (He did turn out to be innocent, interestingly enough...) And I suddenly imagined him as an adolescent anime character throwing a hissy fit, with huge eyes and sharp teeth, so aptly demonstrated here by Mr. Edward Elric:

Encaitare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 09:00 AM   #1370
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Leaf The things that happen here while I'm gone . . .

Quote:
Quote:
Kath is somewhere in her early twenties. She's not very tall and she will generally look exasperated with you. She has brownish, shoulder length hair and piercing eyes and is actually quite pretty. (Cailín)
Wow Cailin thanks! I like that! You're out on most of it but still. Do I really sound like I'm continually exasperated? (Kath)
Do you want the truth?

Well, no. I agree with the 'quite pretty' part, though.

Quote:
Nilpaurion Felagund reminds me of an older Haku from Spirited Away. Is he good? Is he bad? Is he a dragon? One is never quite sure what frame of mind Nilp is in! (Holby)
Ach! I will own that I haven't watched Spirited Away yet. Though this Haku guy sounds quite cool.

There is a Haku characer in Naruto, and he was the first that came to my mind when I read that. He, like myself, can look very feminine at times--just ask Lhuny--so the image sorta worked.

Quote:
I can see Nilp as Haku, or a whole bunch of other anime characters. I watched Naruto last night just to see what it was all about, and Nilp could be Kakashi, the guy with the mask over his face. Like he'd be able to pwn you and make it look easy. (Enca)
COFLGOHAHA! Kakashi, eh? Not quite, I'm actually the guy who made his life a living nightmare--literally, using an evil Genjutsu. But that'll be like 80 episodes away.

Vy ve vay, good for you for waching Naruto!
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 08:07 AM   #1371
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Thinlomien - I can only see as Winnie the Pooh! I knew that would happen!
I'm quite pleased with that image - Winnie the Pooh is just so lovely
Kath looks like the woman in her avatar.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 03:24 PM   #1372
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
thats's Skully from The X-Files
Old 10-10-2005, 03:29 PM   #1373
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Mmhmm it is and so thanks Thinlomien for I now feel very complimented!

By the way if you misspell your name - Thinlomein - I get an image of some kind of Chinese food
Old 10-10-2005, 03:34 PM   #1374
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
I see Kath as wearing austere business suits, funked up with colorful silk scarves. Black specs with her hair pulled back into a tight chignon. And then we get going in PMs and I remember that she's not a 30-something year old government official and picture her in knee length denim skirts and cotton t-shirts with skater shoes, because they are so darned comfy.
Old 10-11-2005, 06:24 AM   #1375
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
By the way if you misspell your name - Thinlomein - I get an image of some kind of Chinese food
Find any similarities? :
Quote:
Thinlomien: Sounds vaguely like some sort of Chinese food. I like to eat Chinese food, and I'm almost certain that wolves wouldn't be adverse to consuming Chicken Chow Mein, which tells us that Thinlo is innocent, and likely to be eaten with a chopstick. -Fea, WWJ
Old 10-11-2005, 11:40 AM   #1376
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Quote:
I picture her in knee length denim skirts and cotton t-shirts with skater shoes, because they are so darned comfy.
Switch skirts for jeans and you've got me there Fea

Sorry Thinlomien I didn't realise it had been said before!
Old 10-11-2005, 11:42 AM   #1377
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sleepy Ranger has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Pipe

I picture Rune as a pair of socks for some reason.
Old 10-11-2005, 12:58 PM   #1378
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Oh this is ging to be so much easier if we can identify other downers as items of clothing / accessories....

So far the palantir tells me...

Fea is a very stylish pair of sunglasses
Lalwende is a long, slightly ethnic style velvet dress - or a Doctor Who Scarf
Davem - pipe is too obvious - but I think it has to be an aran sweaterwhich is hardly better..
Fordim is too inextricably linked with Indiana Jones... hat and whip!!
Eomer if not the kilt....a velvet smoking jacket
Boromir88 is a lumberjack shirt and he's ok
Holbytlass is a Birkin bag
Aman is a claret coloured opera coat
Bethberry is a extremely high tech and elegant computer phone

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace

Last edited by Mithalwen; 10-11-2005 at 01:03 PM.
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 01:59 PM   #1379
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy Ranger
I picture Rune as a pair of socks for some reason.
I got mentioned. One of my Barrow-Downs objectives have been reached. I would how ever like to hear some more oppinions on this subject! (Please)

Then I might send in a photo. (to the Photo page)

P.S. This way you picture me would have nothing to do with my lovely Photo at msn, now would it Sleepy ?

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 02:05 PM   #1380
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen
Alas for my mysteriously broken shades... I can't say how stylish they might be, but I can certainly vouch that when I'm wearing dark wash jeans, a leather jacket, and standing in a dark corner and I've got them on, I look sketchy as all heck. I'm really dead depressed at the rate of sunglasses I go through... my dog destroyed my favorites this spring, I left my new shades at my best friend's and they got lost, and then my newest pair, purchased the day before I left for Uni, are officially and quite inexplicably broken.

Mith... is a kilt. I can't help it, Mith. I just can't. I'm sure you'll understand.
Old 10-11-2005, 02:06 PM   #1381
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sleepy Ranger has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne
P.S. This way you picture me would have nothing to do with my lovely Photo at msn, now would it Sleepy ?
Uh... Of course before that I pictured you as that Mendeleev guy.
Old 10-11-2005, 02:10 PM   #1382
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil

Mith... is a kilt. I can't help it, Mith. I just can't. I'm sure you'll understand.
Apart from being completely not scottish ..that seems fitting.... awkward and scratchy....

Old 10-11-2005, 03:05 PM   #1383
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Holbytlass has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:

I had to look that one up, and my gosh, THAT'S ME!! LOL!! Short and wide!! ROFL!! (I'm sorry, I know short computer lingo is frowned upon, but I can't get over how funny that is!) I can't breathe...I can't breathe!!

Last edited by Holbytlass; 10-11-2005 at 03:07 PM. Reason: I can't spell, I can't spell
Holbytlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 10:09 AM   #1384
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holbytlass

I had to look that one up, and my gosh, THAT'S ME!! LOL!! Short and wide!! ROFL!! (I'm sorry, I know short computer lingo is frowned upon, but I can't get over how funny that is!) I can't breathe...I can't breathe!!
I was thinking more of stylish, practical and much desired! :P People almost kill for these things Holby..

Old 10-12-2005, 10:13 AM   #1385
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
...not to mention extremely expensive...with a long waiting list...
Old 10-12-2005, 10:26 AM   #1386
Fordim Hedgethistle
Gibbering Gibbet

Fordim Hedgethistle has been trapped in the Barrow!
Mithalwen is a blank space of empty screen where an avvie should be. Her shadowy presence is made all the more tantalising by the spectres of what might be, and wished-for but not-achieved opportunity.
Old 10-12-2005, 10:43 AM   #1387
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Lalwende is a long, slightly ethnic style velvet dress - or a Doctor Who Scarf
Davem - pipe is too obvious - but I think it has to be an aran sweaterwhich is hardly better..
Fordim is too inextricably linked with Indiana Jones... hat and whip!!
Eomer if not the kilt....a velvet smoking jacket
Boromir88 is a lumberjack shirt and he's ok
Aman is a claret coloured opera coat
Bethberry is a extremely high tech and elegant computer phone
This an amusing new twist to the thread!

Mithalwen is a linen jacket
Bethberry is a Breeders T-shirt
SpM is one of those long, tweedy coats (a Crombie?)and a trilby
Fordim is a pair of desert boots
Eomer is a spangly bomber jacket
Hookbill is a multi-coloured poncho
Fea is one of those tartan skirts with lots of belts hanging off it
Enca is a little knitted hat
davem is an overcoat with string in the pockets
Old 10-12-2005, 10:54 AM   #1388
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Davem is a monocle
Hookbill is a goomba from Super Mario Bros (not clothing or accessory but oh well)
Anguriel is a dark cloak hooded cloak without a face
Fordhim is a bowler cap
Nilp is a pair of leg-warmers
Boromir is a pair of Nike High top basketball shoes
Old 10-12-2005, 11:10 AM   #1389
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalwendë
Hookbill is a multi-coloured poncho
Thats true.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:57 PM   #1390
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Mithalwen is a catnip mouse.
Fea is a lavender collar with a silver bell.
Bethberry is an interactive twirling goldfish toy.
Lalaith is a saucer of milk.
Saucie is an enormous tower of books and newspapers ripe to be knocked over...
And Lush is the fridge wherein the Tuna Imperial lies.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:26 PM   #1391
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

And Anguirel is quite obviously a cat.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:34 PM   #1392
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Here is what I view Feanor as

The little weasel ball that never stops or tires.
Old 10-12-2005, 02:13 PM   #1393
malkatoj
Wight

malkatoj has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to malkatoj
Eye

Mormegil, despite my best efforts, is my history teacher.

My apologies.
Old 10-12-2005, 02:39 PM   #1394
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Ring

Ever since playing WWJ I have thought a lot of how the other players lookes like and witch personalities they have. Here is my first go! (More to come)

Feanor of the Peredhil: When thinking if Fea two pictures comes to mind.

1. A sea-turtle! When launched from a catapult makes the UFO reportings in the area rise dramatically
2. Girl who is goth, not in that “I want to look like a corps” way, but anyway hope you know what I mean. Black is the predominant colour in witch she dresses (if there is sleeves in her outfit, they are too long), her hair is long and black, she is 5.4 tall and about 19 years.

Fea is a “free” thinker, who do not accept the moral rules of society because she is told 'This is just how it is' or 'This is what God says!'. Rather fea tend to listen to what you have to say, and make up her own mind.(maybe this goes beeond the thread but it is an important part of how I imagine fea)

P.S. Feanor of the Peredhil aka Morbid Princess (Her goth aka)

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 03:08 PM   #1395
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Okay I have some more. Mine are becoming objects rather than clothing but it's what best describes them in my mind

Rune son of Bjarne is a Cairn
Estelyn is simple yet elegant silk gown
Gil-Galad is The Tick
Formendacil is Newton's Cradle
Old 10-12-2005, 04:59 PM   #1396
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil
Formendacil is Newton's Cradle
I suppose maybe I am...

What IS that thing?
Old 10-12-2005, 06:03 PM   #1397
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
What IS that thing?
You know, you pick up one of the balls to the side and let it drop so it hits the others, and the force goes through so the ball on the opposite side swings out and it just keeps going... until they all start swinging and then you have to start over.
Encaitare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 04:35 AM   #1398
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Leaf Pop!

Kath, I don't think you sound continually exasperated (I guess I should know. ). Maybe it's just how you post at Werewolves.

Enedwaith,

Quote:
Nilp is a pair of leg-warmers (morm)
Haha! Why do you say that?
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 08:07 AM   #1399
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil
Here is what I view Feanor as

The little weasel ball that never stops or tires.
That's great! I think it describes her very well.

Quote:
Sorry Thinlomien I didn't realise it had been said before!
No offense taken! I just wanted to point out that it is a common image.
Old 10-13-2005, 10:15 AM   #1400
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel
Mithalwen is a catnip mouse.
If this means you want to chew my head off leaving tattered and bedraggled remains, the queue for this has shortened slightly of late . However you may still want to pre-book a timeslot.