The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2020, 02:12 PM   #321
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Although that would mean an innocent Lottie, and if she's innocent she needs to stop looking so evil.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 02:16 PM   #322
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Although that would mean an innocent Lottie, and if she's innocent she needs to stop looking so evil.
Old 05-11-2020, 02:19 PM   #323
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Ka"
All this in mind, I'm trusting QT
Ka trusts you lot!

Little does she know.

(I tried to make a pointy-toothed but couldn't get it to work. Alas.)

hS
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 02:23 PM   #324
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
Brinniel has fallen completely under my reindeer and I consider that an issue.
This is cute.
This is cute.
See? This is why we should have voted Brin!
Old 05-11-2020, 02:28 PM   #325
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
I'm willing to bet G55 and Huey had fun trolling us for 2 days in the QT.
Are you going for the safe bets here? No theories about whether Hui was bluffing or double bluffing? Or that I fake revealed so late on purpose because I thought Brin is a wolf?
Old 05-11-2020, 02:31 PM   #326
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Could have looked seerish.
Could have, and I was aware of it at the time I made it, but I think that's anyone's guess. To be fair, nobody seems to have paid attention to what *I* intended to be my "Seer-hint" (or rather a Seer-probe), but it isn't like anybody besides Lommy (and perhaps the WWs at Night) seems to have analysed my posts. To be fair I'm glad they didn't, it would be a waste overall. But Lommy overlooked some stuff and if it was correct, I understand why the WWs wouldn't bring it up. (I will just leave this here open-ended so that our resident baddies have something to wonder about.)
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 02:36 PM   #327
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Well, this is certainly interesting....
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 02:37 PM   #328
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

People holding on to votes - I hope they realize it's not just who gets the most votes, but who gets the most votes *first*.
Old 05-11-2020, 02:37 PM   #329
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Both people who have voted Lhuna so far have done so solely on the basis that they trust the Cuties. It's rather adorable.

hS
Old 05-11-2020, 02:40 PM   #330
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
Both people who have voted Lhuna so far have done so solely on the basis that they trust the Cuties. It's rather adorable.

hS
How thrilling if the InnoCuties turn out to be wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
[Incidentally: +1000 posts on D4? Whole games have played out on less than half that. This is really insane.

++tweet-style character/post-capped game

TIG CXV - The Liar Tweets Tonight?]
Please. I gave up on reading the entire posts since I died. It is too much. Spam all you want, but please limited post length!
Old 05-11-2020, 02:44 PM   #331
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by shastanis althreduin View Post
sounds rather "agreeable", no?
(tm)
Old 05-11-2020, 02:45 PM   #332
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
How thrilling if the InnoCuties turn out to be wrong.
It would be absolutely delicious.

Quote:
Please. I gave up on reading the entire posts since I died. It is too much. Spam all you want, but please limited post length!
10 posts per Day, max 280 characters each, each post can contain a single quote of no more than one sentence (not counted in length limit). Vote can be a separate post, not one of the 10, but most only contain your ++vote.

The setting: a Faithful hideout on Numenor during the height of the Dark Times. Everyone has to be quiet in case Sauron's priests hear.

hS, game theorist? Maybe not.
Old 05-11-2020, 02:49 PM   #333
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
The setting: a Faithful hideout on Numenor during the height of the Dark Times. Everyone has to be quiet in case Sauron's priests hear.

Why not?

There has been a similar setting, but you could enhance it. That might be fun.

The original setting was my very first game, modded by Mac, but it was unusually the other way around: the "Wolves" were the good guys. It was "The Isle of the Were-Faithful". The former queen Tar-Míriel was the Cobbler.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 05-11-2020, 02:50 PM   #334
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
10 posts per Day, max 280 characters each, each post can contain a single quote of no more than one sentence (not counted in length limit). Vote can be a separate post, not one of the 10, but most only contain your ++vote.

Alternative setting: you are the Druedain during the Great War, living on different hills and communicating with drums using Morse code. While Morse code can be used to communicate even quicker than typing, it has the benefit of people having to take turns to speak rather than massive cross-post rambles.
Old 05-11-2020, 02:51 PM   #335
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

10 minutes to go, 3 left to vote (Shasta, Boro, Brinn), and it's Lhuna or Eonwe...

hS
Old 05-11-2020, 02:52 PM   #336
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

And looks like it may be Lhuna. If yes, we're going to see very soon whether we were right, or what...
Old 05-11-2020, 02:53 PM   #337
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Quote:
10 minutes to go, 3 left to vote (Shasta, Boro, Brinn), and it's Lhuna or Eonwe...

hS
And it looks like various Living can't count; they're still talking about making it interesting when it's already been decided.

hS
Old 05-11-2020, 02:53 PM   #338
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Alternative setting: you are the Druedain during the Great War, living on different hills and communicating with drums using Morse code. While Morse code can be used to communicate even quicker than typing, it has the benefit of people having to take turns to speak rather than massive cross-post rambles.
Yeah? Watch me write a massive post of usual size, all in Morse code...
Old 05-11-2020, 02:54 PM   #339
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
I don't think a wagon I like more is going to come along at this late stage.
Are we picking wagons now, or voting according to one's own conscience?
Old 05-11-2020, 02:54 PM   #340
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
The original setting was my very first game, modded by Mac, but it was unusually the other way around: the "Wolves" were the good guys. It was "The Isle of the Were-Faithful". The former queen Tar-Míriel was the Cobbler.
Oh, I think I read that one! I enjoyed it. Werewolf is fun to read afterwards (though gets tricky when there's multiple threads.)

hS
Old 05-11-2020, 02:55 PM   #341
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I am surprised how easily the living are swayed. I was not super optimistic about our influence on them.

With great power comes great responsibility.

Also, if we get it wrong, which is absolutely possible, if not likely, regardless of what these two taunting pain-in-the-necks in this thread may or may not imply, I worry slightly that our influence will diminish toMorrow.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 02:55 PM   #342
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by legate of amon lanc View Post
yeah? Watch me write a massive post of usual size, all in morse code...
:d:d:d

Edit: the Downs keeps un-capitalizing my posts too.
Old 05-11-2020, 02:57 PM   #343
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Quote:
Are we picking wagons now, or voting according to one's own conscience?
Walking is hard; everyone loves a wagon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
I am surprised how easily the living are swayed. I was not super optimistic about our influence on them.

Also, if we get it wrong, which is absolutely possible, if not likely, regardless of what these two taunting pain-in-the-necks in this thread may or may not imply, I worry slightly that our influence will diminish toMorrow.
Hehe. "If."

(But yes, that surprised me too.)

hS
Old 05-11-2020, 02:58 PM   #344
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Good times

I spent a fair amount of times digging through HoME and whatnot to find quotes and snippets to turn into narrations. Great fun!
Old 05-11-2020, 02:58 PM   #345
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
What was it that people kept repeating on Day 1? People who wait for the QT vote and then make decisions that are guided by it, without a dead Seer, are subject to suspicion?No, it can't be that.

Honestly, they are analyzing the vote of a collection of un-Seer innocents more than they analyzed the vote likely cast by a known wolf.
Old 05-11-2020, 02:59 PM   #346
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch
The only reason I'm not happy with how this is going is if Lhuna doesn't turn out to be a wolf
#ContextlessQuotes

hS
Old 05-11-2020, 03:01 PM   #347
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:

Been thinking the same.

Aaanyway... let's see who is it that we welcome here...
Old 05-11-2020, 03:01 PM   #348
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
#ContextlessQuotes

hS
Naughty Hui!
Old 05-11-2020, 03:03 PM   #349
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Quote:
Naughty Hui!
So very naughty.

So, Lhuna... I'm thinking Seer? That would be about right for this game.

hS
Old 05-11-2020, 03:04 PM   #350
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
So very naughty.

hS
Hush up, Huey. No one asked you.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 03:04 PM   #351
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
So very naughty.

hS
Child! Child! Child!
Old 05-11-2020, 03:05 PM   #352
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Too bad
Old 05-11-2020, 03:06 PM   #353
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Don't I get seniority for being quarantined longer than you? [Waves walking stick petulantly]

hS
Old 05-11-2020, 03:07 PM   #354
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Hush up, Hui, no one asked you.
Old 05-11-2020, 03:08 PM   #355
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Too bad
Old 05-11-2020, 03:09 PM   #356
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Quote:
Dag-nabbit.

hS
Old 05-11-2020, 03:14 PM   #357
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Anyways, welcome Lhuna, whatever you are!
Old 05-11-2020, 03:14 PM   #358
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Too bad
Maybe you should ask him. Did you save a wolf, or blunder into a pointless day 1 suicide? That would really suck.
Old 05-11-2020, 03:16 PM   #359
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Maybe you should ask him. Did you save a wolf, or blunder into a pointless day 1 suicide? That would really suck.
Ask Kit if it was pointless. ^.^
Old 05-11-2020, 03:23 PM   #360
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
Lhunardawen – Sador, an Infector (voted into QT on Day4)
Niiice!