Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2006, 06:49 PM   #321
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Thanks, Pio. Looking good.

My own save is filled. Imak, good fellow that he is, has inadvertently assisted the fellowship rescue by sending five scouts to block anyone who might ride out from the slave camp. Five less bodies to deal with, plus there is "socializing" going on amongst Imak's men. They will keep their wits about them but their guard has definitely been lowered.
Old 08-12-2006, 06:58 PM   #322
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Should any of this buzzing be seen by Hadith as he is guarding the slave camp at the top of the highest hill around to the east of the camp, something like a mile away from the camp of the refugees?

Who would he see first? The FS and the captive-children?
Old 08-13-2006, 10:10 PM   #323
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sorry I haven't written for some time. I've been trying to brainstorm something up.

Shae is bored and becoming rather impatient watching the others sleep. Fed up with Khamir and following his orders, she has a strong urge to abandon the camp and perhaps find a way to rescue the children on her own. Little does she know, there are more than just slavers beyond the camp....

I don't know.....it was just an idea. I wanted approval before I put this thought into action.
Old 08-14-2006, 01:15 AM   #324
Child of the 7th Age

Brinniel - An interesting idea! I'd normally wait for Durelin to give her approval for this plot twist, since it involves the slaves. However, since she may not be online till Thursday, I would say go ahead and give started on it before then. It will be Khamir's "welcome back" present--another headache for him to deal with.

Of course, I am assuming you will be stopped on the outskirts of camp by the presence of Imak's riders. I would not have a problem if you and/or some other slaves managed to take out a rider or two. I would also not have a problem if you narrowly escape with your life and hightail it back to the slave camp, bringing your tale of woe to the others.

Nogrod -

Please check your pms.

I hope to get the fellowship to the slavers' camp tomorrow in a narrative post....
Old 08-14-2006, 11:34 AM   #325
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Nice idea Brinniel!

Hadith probably won't be guarding the whole day - or then he could... this has to be thought about (that's relating to the question, whether he would notice the FS coming in the afternoon).

But he could see Shae getting out from the camp in the morning. That would be fine. I'll wait until Brinniel has made her post to react to it somehow.
Old 08-16-2006, 02:21 AM   #326
Regin Hardhammer
Shade of Carn Dûm

Regin Hardhammer has just left Hobbiton.
Thumbs up

Save filled. Nogrod, Child, Firefoot, or Undomie.....you are welcome to have your orc characters respond.

Sorry this is so late but things are nuts as I am getting ready to leave next week. (Plus I was watching a baseball game that went 18 innings!)

- Regin
Old 08-16-2006, 03:58 AM   #327
Child of the 7th Age

I am also a laggard. I beg your indulgence. I'm dealing with unavoidable family problems--nothing terrible, just time consuming. I will be home tomorrow waiting for an AC repairman to come so should have time to get that save done then.

Last edited by Child of the 7th Age; 08-16-2006 at 04:13 AM.
Old 08-16-2006, 07:13 PM   #328
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Finally back! Hopefully I can get back into the swing of things really quick. Unfortunately the start of school is coming up much faster than I'd like, and I have summer work to do. But...I've ignored it till now, and I'll ignore it more. Shouldn't be too difficult anyway.

Right now I just need sleep.

I promise I will read up on everything tomorrow and work on a post.

And as for plot twists and headaches...anything goes!
Old 08-17-2006, 02:30 AM   #329
Child of the 7th Age

Durelin,

It is good to see you. I also need sleep and will drop you a note tomorrow. I hope you had a good trip.

Finally, we are there at the camp....

I have briefly used some of your characters. If anything needs an edit, please let me know.
Old 08-17-2006, 07:18 PM   #330
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Alrighty...I've posted for Khamir. I'll have a post up for Vror tomorrow.

Brinniel - I hope my post is alright. It leaves it open for Shae to be anywhere you'd like at this point; perhaps she has already ran off, or perhaps she is preparing to. Maybe she's even trying to convince someone else to go with her? It's up to you.

If you don't like it that I mentioned Shae being gone (or just Shae in general, really) in my post at all, it can be completely redone.
Old 08-18-2006, 11:50 PM   #331
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Durelin, are you setting up your last post to the morning after the children were captured? The mention of Shae is fine, except I was planning on her to leave the evening before the rescue of the children. Perhaps if you changed your time to evening and squeezed in my post before yours, that would be great. That way Nogrod could post for Hadith (maybe witnessing Shae leaving the camp), and then I could make my next post the struggle between a rider and Shae.

Anyways, if you could just place it above yours, here's my post:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Brinniel's post

Dusk approached, marking the end of a long, uneventful day. Shae sat facing the west, staring out at the orange and pink hue that was left of the sun. As each minute went by, she could feel the restlessness spread throughout her body. A whole day had been wasted by sitting and doing absolutely nothing. And why was that? Khamir. The slightest thoughts of him made her clench her hands into fists. The previous night had been spent in complete chaos, mostly in disapproval of Khamir’s actions, yet the ex-slaves still followed his orders.

Shae kept thinking back to the children who had been taken—Kwell and Azhar were their names. Surely they have given up on all hope of being rescued by now. Shae hated to think of the suffering they would forced to endure. It shouldn’t be so. Leaving innocent children in the hands of slavers while the others simply rested. And even worse, there were no intentions to depart the next day. Shae’s nails dug into her palms causing her old wounds to reopen and bleed through the bandages. She turned around and gazed at the others. Most were either eating or sleeping. No objections to Khamir’s orders. And not even the slightest bit of sympathy for the captured children. Shae couldn’t take it. For years, she had been reliant on others to help her. But not anymore. If anything were to be done, she would have to do it herself.

Standing to her feet, Shae searched for Khamir with her good eye. He stood in the back of the camp occupied with Beloan. Perfect. Few ever noticed her presence among the ex-slave. It would be a long time before anyone discovered she was gone. With one last look at the camp, Shae took off in the direction of the slavers’ camp

Last edited by piosenniel; 08-19-2006 at 01:46 AM.
Old 08-20-2006, 12:41 PM   #332
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Brinniel - I'm pretty sure I left it open so that Shae could have left sometime in the evening, because neither Khamir nor Beloan state that they have seen her at any point, really.

Nogrod brought the time up to dawn, unless I really misinterpreted his post, so I think he should probably place your post before his. Reading your post, I think it fits there fine.

If you'd rather try to fit it in somewhere else, just let me know.

Sorry for all the confusion.

And I apologize for not having a post up for Vror yet. I can't believe school starts in a week!
Old 08-21-2006, 01:05 AM   #333
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

I'm sorry, I getting confused on the posts and when they all take place.

I believe Nogrod's post is the morning after the ex-slave camp is attacked. The next posts pass throughout the day into the evening. And it is that same evening that I plan to have Shae take off. Durelin, does your post take place the same time as Nogrod's post, or is it the next morning?
Old 08-21-2006, 07:39 AM   #334
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel
I believe Nogrod's post is the morning after the ex-slave camp is attacked.
That was the intention.
Old 08-22-2006, 02:29 AM   #335
Child of the 7th Age

More joys of summer gaming!

An update on summer absences. This week will be "hard hit". Here is a list of those gone.

Folwren: August 16-28
Child: August 23-27
Regin: August 22-30
Tevildo: August 23-29

Additionally, Hilde is currently snowed under with other responsibilities and Piosenniel will likely be absent a few days as well.

Durelin and I have discussed this situation. We will keep the game thread open. If you're here, please feel free to post, although the plot will likely move forward very slowly, especially the fellowship rescue. Once our vacations are over, we will try to get everything back on track again and finally get the three groups together!

We are also hoping that Thinlomien will be joining us shortly as we had originally planned.
Old 08-23-2006, 10:11 AM   #336
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Quote:
And it is that same evening that I plan to have Shae take off.
Ah, the evening of the day following the attack of the camp?

My post takes place just a little after Nogrod's, so Shae just hasn't left yet. I don't think Khamir or Beloan are going to bother looking for her until much later, and by then she will be gone...

I don't know how good of an idea it is to jump to the second evening quite yet. As Child has said, things are going to move very slowly. Perhaps you could have her decide to and start to prepare to leave in the evening rather than jumping straight into that? Sorry...the Fellowship has yet to even complete their rescue.

But it's up to you.

Perhaps I could have Khamir go looking for Shae, or simply edit my post and have Khamir run into her...and then perhaps there could be a confrontation between the two that might seal (even further) Shae's decision to take matters into her own hands? I'm up for anything.

Also, Nogrod, I was thinking that maybe Adnan could approach Hadith...to ask him 'how he did it,' how he managed to take a man down. Though perhaps we should keep it as a fairly short conversation? Could go either way...Adnan isn't very talkative and will feel awkward talking to Hadith, but I also think Hadith can talk quite a bit... PM me about it if you'd rather.

Last edited by Durelin; 08-23-2006 at 10:26 AM.
Old 08-23-2006, 01:51 PM   #337
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Quote:
or simply edit my post and have Khamir run into her...and then perhaps there could be a confrontation between the two that might seal (even further) Shae's decision to take matters into her own hands?
That could be quite fun.
Then I could edit mine and add in Shae's reaction.

I don't think the timing of my post is really a problem. If I remember correctly, it is already early evening for the Fellowship. But I will wait to post in case you want to edit yours.
Old 08-25-2006, 05:14 PM   #338
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I am back and I am sooooooo sorry. There was no inernet access where we were, as you probably noticed. I thought for sure that my brother had inernet, but evidently he only checks his online stuff when he's on campus, as sad thing for me, because we didn't go to campus long enough to sit down and do anything.

But, be that as it may, I am back, and early, at that, so I'll have to make due. I will read everything and will try very hard to start writing posts by Sunday.

-- Folwren
Old 08-26-2006, 01:48 AM   #339
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
1420!

Hey Child!

SAVE filled . . .

Looking forward to your post

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll be gone from Aug 30 - Sep 3; camping with no internet access.

Last edited by piosenniel; 08-26-2006 at 02:39 PM.
Old 08-26-2006, 10:52 AM   #340
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Um...Pio....you don't really mean August 30th - November 3rd, do you? That's two months. Previous post edited ~*~ Pio

Alright, I am relieved to see that the game has not progressed as much as I was imagining while I was gone. . .there were nights when I laid awake thinking 'Golly . . . I'm going to be so far behind.' But I was wrong.

Tevildo is gone, I see. I think I'll try to post two posts later on today. One for Athwen and another for a quick living-through-the-day post for the two captives. At least, I will for Kwell. Azhar, from what I understand, is not going to be experiencing much. Tevildo said nothing about my carrying his character, so I really don't know what he had in mind for her.

-- Folwren

Last edited by piosenniel; 08-26-2006 at 02:41 PM.
Old 08-27-2006, 03:20 AM   #341
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Palantir-Green Hullo!

I'm here to say that I'm alive and still interested in this game and in playing with you guys. I'm hopefully joining this game soon. How soon, it depends on two things: when I will be able to get a stable and working net access and when I have read through the RPG well enough and made my character.
Old 08-27-2006, 08:07 PM   #342
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I had almost finished a post today but didn't quite make it, so I had to stick up a save. I will be filling it tomorrow morning, hopefully early.

As for a post for Athwen. . .I can't think of a thing to write without consulting Tevildo first, so I'm going to have to wait for his return.

-- Folwren
Old 08-27-2006, 10:35 PM   #343
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Umm...to help keep this RPG moving, I think I'll finally put up Shae's post in the other thread (after all, I did write it some time ago).

If you plan to edit your post, Durelin, just let me know.
Old 08-28-2006, 06:45 AM   #344
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Sorry everyone! I've been painting and doing summer schoolwork for the past 4 or 5 days. I'm all finished, though. Well, until I get more work (luckily that shouldn't be for a few more days, and then it shouldn't be heavy work)...

Brinniel - I don't think I'll edit my post. Jumping to the evening works well enough.

Hello, Lommy! I'm so glad you will still be able to join us! Take your time reading through the game; and I do hope you find yourself in a better situation when it comes to net access.
Old 08-28-2006, 09:22 AM   #345
Child of the 7th Age

Just got back. Will be reading through things and trying to post later tonight.

Lommy - we are glad you'll be joining us!
Old 08-28-2006, 10:13 AM   #346
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Hilde Bracegirdle has just left Hobbiton.
I am also back among the living, so to speak. Sorry to have been dormant so long.

Durelin are you planning to write for Vror soon, or shall I get something on board from the hobbit? A post from Carl is long over due, I know, but I didn't want to write if you are already in the middle of a post. I apologize for the confusion and delay of the past few weeks.
Old 08-28-2006, 12:38 PM   #347
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Save filled. Sorry about it being later than I expected. School started today, you see.
Old 08-28-2006, 01:59 PM   #348
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Best wishes for a good school year, one and all, students and parents, educators and innocent bystanders alike!
Old 08-28-2006, 03:57 PM   #349
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

I should have written a post for Vror a long time ago, but I haven't even started on one yet. So if you'd rather write one for Carl, Hilde, that would be quite fine with me. I'm so glad everything's alright again, and I do hope they stay that way.

If you do wish to and are able to write a post, I'll take the opportunity to post to keep something interesting going on in the slave camp before I get my first week's assignment for calculus.
Old 08-28-2006, 06:54 PM   #350
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Thanks, Durelin, I am off to put up a save for Carl so that the action (or interaction) with the fellowship can continue on.
Old 08-29-2006, 01:55 PM   #351
Child of the 7th Age

I am back from my trip with a bang.

The Dwarf and Hobbit had better get digging.....
Old 08-29-2006, 02:15 PM   #352
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

1420!

Child

I'll fill in my SAVE after work, most likely. Then tomorrow I'm away to the waters and the wild for 5 days.

Please carry Rôg along as needed.

~*~ Pio
Old 08-29-2006, 03:31 PM   #353
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Nogrod - Well, Hadith's in for it. Please let me know if anything about my post needs to be changed.

I'm pondering putting up a "save" for a post for Vror, just in case. I'll probably hold off until later this evening, though, if I do.

Vror next...then Khamir, with the full realization the Shae is gone now!

Quote:
The Dwarf and Hobbit had better get digging.....
I'm sure the Dwarf will have something to say to the crazy old man playing with fire when this is all over! Absolutely loved your post!
Old 08-29-2006, 11:52 PM   #354
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tevildo has just left Hobbiton.
Glad to be back and will try to get up a post for one of my characters shortly.
Now Tevildo was a mighty cat--the mightiest of all--and possessed of an evil spirit,...and he was in Melko's constant following; and that cat had all cats subject to him, and he and his subjects were the chasers and getters of meat for Melko's table.
Old 08-30-2006, 01:53 AM   #355
Child of the 7th Age

Pio,

Best of luck in the waters and the wild! Aiwendil will attempt to keep Rôg out of mischief during your absence. I look forward to reading your post.

Child
Old 08-30-2006, 03:27 AM   #356
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Save filled

See you Sunday . . .

~*~ Pio
Old 09-01-2006, 01:15 PM   #357
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

The save for Carl has been filled.

Once again, apologies for my tardiness, and for the cavalier treatment of the physics of light! As always, if any changes are needed, please let me know.
Old 09-01-2006, 01:31 PM   #358
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Just an FYI, I'm leaving for college tomorrow and though I will have internet access starting Sunday afternoon, I'm not sure how often I'll be able to get on the computer next week. They like to keep us pretty busy during orientation week.

Anyways, if I have time, I'll try to write a post on Shae's encounter with a rider tonight. I need to get her a bit closer to the slaver camp so she won't miss witnessing the rescue....
Old 09-03-2006, 05:32 AM   #359
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

I have changed Carl's post a bit, as it has been pointed out to me that the torch mentioned in Kwell's post is now above ground shining down into the pit. So now when Carl thought he saw a light, it was in reality the reflection of his own torch that he saw.

Sorry about that, but now we are in better accord with physics as well!
Old 09-03-2006, 12:53 PM   #360
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tevildo has just left Hobbiton.
Save filled. It appears there has been a great explosion and a show of fire and light in the sky.
Now Tevildo was a mighty cat--the mightiest of all--and possessed of an evil spirit,...and he was in Melko's constant following; and that cat had all cats subject to him, and he and his subjects were the chasers and getters of meat for Melko's table.