Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-04-2004, 08:07 PM   #201
Rinfanawen
Wight

Rinfanawen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Rinfanawen
Silmaril

Sorry I haven't been able to post yet. I've had a lot to catch up on since I returned from my trip. The save and a new post should be up within the next two days. I will make it my top priority (sp?).
Old 10-04-2004, 11:28 PM   #202
Regin Hardhammer
Shade of Carn Dūm

Regin Hardhammer has just left Hobbiton.
Rinfanawen and other Corsairs and Corsair sympathizers,

I know how you feel. Things have been tight here too.

Everyone....thanks for your posts.

I erased my save and put a new post up because it needed to go after Lalwende's )which I liked a lot). My own post contains some plans for the bad guys. Any of the bad guys are welcome to join the contingent that will be going over by the Elven ship. Corsairs should lurk on shore but keep well hidden. Their faces are too noticeable. Lossoth allies may be able to go onto the actual ship by bringing supplies with them and pretending to be friom Igal....

Keep your ears open. If our spy is threatened or hauled off, immediately get back to me.

If you're too busy to post right away, just put up a save.

Kitanna or Lalwende (or both of you)....if you have time and want to volunteer for a "special job" only a Snowman can do, let me know. Send me a pm and I'll tell you what you need to do. You will be making a suggestion how there is a way that we can have a little "fun" with the Elven ship....

If no one takes me up on this, I'll just use a fake carry-along, but I'd rather use a live poster.

~Regin

Last edited by Regin Hardhammer; 10-04-2004 at 11:38 PM.
Old 10-05-2004, 12:19 AM   #203
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I have put up two saves. One is a general save for anyone who needs to put a post up before the meeting on shipboard occurs. You can post on the discussion thread, and Pio or I will paste it up. The second one is for Luindal to start the meeting in the morning. I hope to fill it in tomorrow (real time, that is).

Cami
Old 10-05-2004, 04:32 PM   #204
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
My save, post 163, has been filled in...

(And I remembered to remove my sig this time... )

Old 10-06-2004, 12:26 AM   #205
Child of the 7th Age

The meeting has just started. Luindal has asked the good guys to come forward and tell him what they know.....

Cami
Old 10-07-2004, 01:45 PM   #206
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arry has just left Hobbiton.
I have filled in my save #167 - Hilde stands accused!

And Annū might shake the teeth out of her head if she doesn't 'fess up about his brother!
Old 10-07-2004, 03:03 PM   #207
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Shield

Regin~

When do you want the "special job" posts to start?

~*Kitanna
Old 10-07-2004, 07:07 PM   #208
Regin Hardhammer
Shade of Carn Dūm

Kitanna,

Please do a post (or a save) as soon as you can. Since you are working on a slightly different part of the story than the trial, you can go ahead on your own.

You can check my pm for some suggestions..... Hope this helps.

~Regin
Old 10-08-2004, 11:01 AM   #209
Regin Hardhammer
Shade of Carn Dūm

Thanks Lalwende and Kitanna for those fast saves! I wanted to make sure they went up before we finished out the section on the inquiry. I will tell Child to go ahead and post the final verdict about the two women somewhere after your saves.

Lalwende -- when you fill in your save, could you have Nilak and Tarn both walk into the hearing and stand at the back of the crowd and listen to the verdict....

Thanks. We have a pile of saves now, so let's fill them in.

~Regin
Old 10-08-2004, 06:19 PM   #210
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Shield

I filled in my save.

~*Kitanna
Old 10-08-2004, 07:14 PM   #211
Rinfanawen
Wight

Silmaril

POST PLACED ON GAME - Pio

Sorry it took so long, but here is the post I need placed in post #144 Any mod can put it in. I'm not really sure who does that anyway. But thanks to whoever does!

Quote:
Diera plunged quickly back into the fierce battle on the ice. She dodged many swinging Elven swords as she carefully made her way towards an evil Lossoth on the other side. It's my turn now, Lossoth, she thought. Dreaded creature...this is your last day to live. The Lossoth had recently finished a quarrel with one of the Corsairs, whom, to her dismay, Diera saw lying breathless upon the frozen grave beneath him. She stared at the Snowman in fury. This deep-seated hate had lingered far too long, and it was time to revenge her fallen crewman. Diera almost felt sorrowful at the fact that she did not even know the crew member's name, but she determined to avenge his death nonetheless.

The Lossoth waited cautiously with his bloodstained weapon hanging at his side. Diera slowed her sprint to a halt and bent down towards the snow, not taking her eyes off the Lossoth. She wiped her blade smoothly in the snow, as she did before every new battle, to clean her sword of any blood from a previous foe. Her uncle taught her once that this symbolized respect for the fallen ones. To her, it showed her enemy the true identity of the weapon and how sharp it really was. Diera stood slowly. She moved her wrist in a circular motion, making the sword wind throughout the air. Suddenly she stopped her wrist as the sword met an upright position in the air. She placed her left arm firmly against her stomach to protect it from any further harm. The first move was made.

Diera thrust her right arm forward at the Lossoth with great strength. She felt her blow push back from where it hit the Lossoth's weapon. She swung around to block the swing of her foe. The Lossoth counterattacked with his weapon, but it was to no great use, for Diera had already struck her enemy to the ground. Diera began to walk away. She turned her back on her supposed fallen foe to find her feet being drug from beneath her. She fell suddenly to the snow and landed hard in the impact. The Lossoth began to drag her across the ice toward a broken hole. Dropping her sword in the fall, she had no choice but to reach for her knife with her left hand. A thousand bolts of lightning seemed to shoot through her arm as she struggled to grab hold of the knife. Her arm grew warm again with blood flowing towards the wound.

The Lossoth pulled harder and harder, limping with his right leg as he walked toward the hole. Diera saw the broken ice not far ahead. The Snowman grinned. Diera grew furious at her foe and screamed out in anger.

"No irony is to be made of me!" She yelled trying to pull herself closer to her foe. "I will not die in the trap meant for my enemy!"

Diera hurled herself forward with all of her might, her leg still being pulled by the Lossoth enemy. Using her left hand, she slashed her knife as high as she could, so to not penetrate her own flesh. The knife cut through the Lossoth's lower left thigh. Diera's foot was set free. The Lossoth slid back in pain, but Diera had not yet succeeded in the battle. She stood abruptly. Wasting not even a single moment, she rushed forward and slit the throat of her crouching foe. The Lossoth died quickly.

Last edited by piosenniel; 10-09-2004 at 12:31 AM.
Old 10-09-2004, 12:39 PM   #212
Lalwendė
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Pipe

Message for all you 'bad guys'...

I have now filled in my save.

Cheers!
Old 10-09-2004, 02:55 PM   #213
Regin Hardhammer
Shade of Carn Dūm

Thanks to my spies Lalwende and Kitanna! I'll try to fill in my save tonight and also do a brief post where Mareth will say that his folk hurried back to him to break the news about Hilde.

At that point, I will lead a group out of the ship in order to try and get Hilde back. Any of the bad guys are welcome to post in this sequence.

Any of the good guys are also welcome to go along with Niluial's character to bring Hilde back to the Lossoth prison. But you better be careful.

~Regin
Old 10-09-2004, 03:09 PM   #214
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

I'm sorry for not posting...school's been really hectic...

I hope my (short) post is satisfactory.

Old 10-09-2004, 10:53 PM   #215
Regin Hardhammer
Shade of Carn Dūm

Imladris-

The post is fine. But I wasn't sure how to respond to the question about Jarlyn. Did you have something else in mind? If so, I will edit. Please let me know...

Could somebody from the good guys go ahead and do a general post that will get the Elves and allied Lossoth and Hilde up to the House of Elders. But please don't go inside yet. The Corsairs and our friends will shortly be there to attack you.

~Regin
Old 10-10-2004, 07:42 AM   #216
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Orofaniel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orofaniel
Boots

My save for the hearing is filled.

Great posts people. It was an enjoyable read.
Old 10-10-2004, 11:56 AM   #217
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Quote:
The post is fine. But I wasn't sure how to respond to the question about Jarlyn. Did you have something else in mind? If so, I will edit. Please let me know...
What you did was great...I had nothing in mind, just wanted to see where Jarlyn stood without asking on the Discussion Thread.

Old 10-11-2004, 04:49 AM   #218
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Taralphiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Taralphiel
My apologies on not being around of late. My midsememster exams hit a little harder than I expected :P

Please PM me if there is any way Freyn can be of use in the story. I know he was helping Alahseey in her arguments, if he was needed for that.

If not, please let me know of any other way he can stir up something interesting

Tara
Old 10-11-2004, 07:49 PM   #219
Rinfanawen
Wight

Silmaril

Never again! Never again will I ever post a save on an RPG! I hereby hate saves, for I end up waiting too long to fill them in. Anyway, my point is that my save is finally filled in. Sorry it took so long, but I can assure you that it will not happen again, for I will never put up a save again.
Old 10-11-2004, 10:19 PM   #220
Niluial
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Niluial has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Niluial Send a message via MSN to Niluial
Hi guys,

I'm writing SATs and Exams at the moment, final ones as SA is different. I see everyone is a bit slow at the moment, so I don't feel to bad. I'm hoping to get a post up ASAP. I will try tonight. Sorry.

Best Wishes,
Niluial
Old 10-12-2004, 02:04 AM   #221
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

OK - the good guys, Andtuariel in the lead, are just on the outskirts of the Lossoth settlement. the Elders' Hall is in sight.

The snow flurries are getting heavier; visibility is diminishing . . .
Old 10-12-2004, 08:55 AM   #222
Niluial
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

My save was filled. Finally .

Keep Safe,
Nilly
Old 10-13-2004, 05:49 AM   #223
Child of the 7th Age

Tara,

I'll be sending you a pm later today....

~Child
Old 10-14-2004, 05:38 AM   #224
Regin Hardhammer
Shade of Carn Dūm

My apologies for not filling in my save. Yesterday did not go the way it was planned....

I will get on it later this morning.

~Regin
Old 10-14-2004, 05:19 PM   #225
Regin Hardhammer
Shade of Carn Dūm

Thumbs up

My save was filled in earlier today. The Corsairs are battling but can not get through to Hilde.... Anyone who likes is welcome to do a fighting post on that general theme. It would be especially good to have one of the good guys post and say how you are forming a phalanx in front of Hilde in order to keep the Corsairs from grabbing her.

Imaldris and Niluial... please go ahead and do the posts in this scene that we discussed before sometime soon.

Child asked me about someone killing off Hilde at the end of this scene but I would prefer she be left alive for now, since I may have a use for her later.

As soon as Hilde's fate is resolved, I will give instructions on what comes next in the story.

~Regin
Old 10-14-2004, 06:59 PM   #226
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Tolkien

I got my post up. Please let me know if anything is wrong (especially you Niluial )

Old 10-14-2004, 11:23 PM   #227
Niluial
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I'll have my post up my tonight... your guys morning. As soon as possible. Immy, it's perfect.

Nilly
Old 10-15-2004, 02:56 PM   #228
Niluial
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I hate to double post but my post, #182, has been filled.

Best Wishes,
Nilly
Old 10-15-2004, 10:23 PM   #229
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Niluial

Your Elf has a chance now, it seems to get away.
Old 10-16-2004, 05:02 PM   #230
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

My save, post 185, has been filled. Please let me know if it is suitable.

Old 10-16-2004, 10:01 PM   #231
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I take it that the storyline at this point does not involve Andtuariel getting free.

Hilde is now in the hands of the Corsairs. The remaining Lossoth and Elves have retreated back to the ship. They have left one boat on shore in the vain hope that the Corsairs will let Andtuariel go. I was vague about who was left in the boat to row her back. Let me know if I need to delete that all together.

Last edited by Arry; 10-16-2004 at 10:07 PM.
Old 10-17-2004, 08:46 AM   #232
Lalwendė
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Regin - I would guess that it is soon time for Tarn and Nilak to begin their 'job' in the warehouse - if so, just give me a word and I will get posting. I've posted here so Kitanna will know too when you give your word.

I can't believe Carandu is dead! That was a bit of a shock!
Old 10-17-2004, 09:21 AM   #233
Regin Hardhammer
Shade of Carn Dūm

Yes, it's time. You can immediately do a post or save. We need to let others in on this so they will understand what's going on. So I'll explain more here.

Have Tarn and Nilak go to the warehouse and begin to "prepare" the barrels for shipment in advance. Make sure they are big enough to hold us! Go ahead and load some with "real" supplies, and clear some out so there is a hole where someone can hide (and maybe a breathing hole?). But the rest of the Corsairs won't be there quite yet.

It is the evening now. The actual barrel shipment with the Elves and friendly Lossoth inside will be carried to the Elven ship the next evening. (The Elves will look for the Stones the morning after that.) That next evening, Marreth will bring all the Corsairs along to the warehouse where you are loading barrels, and we will crawl inside. You guys will have the barrels delivered to the Elven ship. There's one or two things that will need to happen in the story before he does that. Rōg needs to respond to Luindal, and either Child or I will do one of those narrative posts where time leaps forward to the evening. But please do begin to get ready for the shipment.

~Regin
Old 10-18-2004, 07:38 AM   #234
Regin Hardhammer
Shade of Carn Dūm

Marreth's save 188 is finally filled in.

Imladris you might want to take a look. I would say you and I are not getting along. More on this in my next post to come.....
Old 10-18-2004, 02:09 PM   #235
Lalwendė
A Mere Boggart

I have filled in my save.

Kitanna - you'll see there's plenty of opportunity for Nilak to help himself to anything he likes, there might be all kinds of interesting stuff to pack into those barrels! And feel free to push Thynne around if he's dragging his feet.
Old 10-18-2004, 04:05 PM   #236
Kitanna
Child of the West

Shield

Lalwendė ~ Great set up in the warehouse. I should have my save filled in either tonight or tomorrow.
Old 10-20-2004, 02:06 PM   #237
Niluial
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Hi,
Sorry for not being on, just very busy at school. I’ll have my post saved and up either tomorrow or the next.
Best Wishes,
Nilly
Old 10-23-2004, 09:58 AM   #238
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I filled in my post #195, Cami. Rōg should now be back at the ship, telling you a strange story.

As I understand it, you are going to jump the game ahead timewise now. So, I've left a space anyone can use if needed to finish up their business.

~*~ Pio
Old 10-23-2004, 06:58 PM   #239
Niluial
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Finally posted. I’ll do a longer post this week!

Best Wishes,
Nilly
Old 10-23-2004, 07:07 PM   #240
Regin Hardhammer
Shade of Carn Dūm

Imladris, Niluial

In my save, Marreth is ordering Jynne to stay behind on the ship when others go attack the Elven ship and hide in the supply barrels. He doesn't trust him. (See the save notes.)

Jynne might even want to keep the Elven maid "company" since she is also on the Corsair ship. (Poor Andtuariel.) Just an idea -- it's up to you two, of course.

My save should be filled by tomorrow night.

Niluial - Unless you have a problem with this, I am going to suggest to Child or Pio that they move your post back earlier on the thread. It seems to happen right after you are captured and would fit better there.

Pio or Child -- Could you switch the post earlier, but leave Niluial's space open (empty) on the thread till she sees this note....

Thanks,

~Regin

Last edited by Regin Hardhammer; 10-23-2004 at 07:28 PM.