User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2004, 12:13 PM   #161
Niluial
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Niluial has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Niluial Send a message via MSN to Niluial
Well... I got my post up earlier than I thought. Arry it involves you so read it . It is post number #120. OO... it's all building up in the game, very exciting!

Nilly
Old 09-21-2004, 12:15 PM   #162
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Pio - cheers for removing my signature - I went in to edit it out and you'd already done it! Note to self: Do. Not. Forget. Again.

Next week I will be away for a few days - Monday through to Thursday, and I don't reckon I'll be able to get to a PC, but hopefully if I can get a save posted up by Sunday night I can work around it. If there's anything 'special' planned do let me know though, all you bad guys!
Old 09-24-2004, 07:00 AM   #163
Regin Hardhammer
Shade of Carn Dûm

Regin Hardhammer has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Lalwende,

Have fun and hurry back.

You may want to post late Friday or Saturday, or put up a save. We're at the point where the battle begins. As soon as Child posts, and that should be this morning sometime, I'm going to start the charge.

No special instructions or secrets at this point, but just fight like crazy. If you want to wound a real poster, you've got to get "permission" but feel free to hack away at the imaginery ones. A few of them should bite the dust. (And I'm afraid that's true of a few of us too. ) The outcome of the battle will be inconclusive, with both sides running off to lick their wounds.

My own save from last night has been filled in.....

~Regin

Last edited by Regin Hardhammer; 09-24-2004 at 07:04 AM.
Old 09-24-2004, 07:21 AM   #164
Regin Hardhammer
Shade of Carn Dûm

Help! PMs full...

Orofaniel,

Oh, no! I had an important planning memo to send you but your pms are full. I'm going to post it here instead:

Orofaniel,

I've told Child to go ahead with her post where Luindal sees Galhardir stumble and disappear down the ice hole. She is going to do a save on the thread right after her own where your post can fit in. If you get to post your own save quickly, she can erase that, and you can use yours.

If you use Child's save, just add your post to the discussion thread and she or Pio will paste it up. (I hope this makes some sense!)

The first save should just be you floundering in the water and starting to get caught up in the current. You'll need to realize that your rope has been cut. There is nothing to stop you from being swept away by the current. If I were you, I would be real scared.

Good luck! In later posts, the others will try to help you, but don't mention that just yet please.

If you have questions, drop me a note or put it up here.

~Regin
Old 09-24-2004, 10:12 AM   #165
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Rôg -

You better make it over fast to your friend Luindal. He is about to plunge into the water.

Do me a favor...have Rôg suggest he go towards shore, help the others, and find out what the blazes is going on.

Cami
Old 09-24-2004, 02:00 PM   #166
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Thumbs up

Cheers, Regin!

I'll get something written tomorrow, and I'll make sure that on Sunday there's a save there too, as I don't want to miss any fighting! Then I can get that filled when I get back home.
Old 09-24-2004, 04:04 PM   #167
Regin Hardhammer
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting Charge

Attention all Corsairs and allied Lossoth. We are attacking the main body of the Elvish force. We need everyone to pitch in so I can carry Luindal's head back on a stick (well I won't really, but you get the idea.) Some nice, descriptive battle posts would be appreciated. Also, for all you Elf vermin, you need join in on the battle too or there won't be anyone to slay mercilessly.

Results for the battle will be inconclusive, and remmember, don't kill anyone important.

- Regin
Old 09-24-2004, 04:30 PM   #168
Rinfanawen
Wight

Rinfanawen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Rinfanawen
Silmaril

Regin---

Just wanted to give you the heads up before time that I won't be able to post all next week. I'm taking a class trip to DC & NYC from Monday to Saturday. I will be able to post on the following Sunday though. I'm going to put up a post by tomorrow, and if you feel the need, you can put up a save for me while I'm gone and I'll fill it when I come back. Sorry for the inconveniece, but, you know, can't help that it's a school trip.

BTW, Pio and Child---just wanted to let you know...I remembered to remove my signature on my most recent RPG post!!! He he he. I'm getting better at it.
Old 09-24-2004, 09:37 PM   #169
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Hey,

I'm sorry about not removing my sig, Child. I've been in RPGs so long now you'd think it'd be second nature.

I have filled in my save. I might post again tomorrow.

Old 09-25-2004, 03:49 PM   #170
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Tolkien

Forgive the double post, but Niluial is not feeling well, but will try to post as soon as she can.

Old 09-26-2004, 04:40 AM   #171
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Orofaniel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orofaniel
Pipe

Hello

I'm sorry for the lack of participation lately - both in game thread and discussion thread. I've just been so caught up in work and all. I'm very sorry.

I have now, however, filled my save on page three and written a post of Galhardir when he falls though the ice.

My post for Child's save. Thank you for putting up that, btw.

Orofaniel's post: Galhardir POSTED TO GAME

All of a sudden it seemed so foggy. He couldn't see much, except for his feet and the small area of ice around it. There seemed to be no front and no back. What direction should he go? Where was Luindal? His heart beat faster as he panicked. He was lost, wasn't he? He struggled to find the rope around has waist. Luckily it was still there. A sigh of relief crossed his lips as he pulled the rope wit his hands with great effort. Then he noticed it; it had been cut. The split ends were now just in front of him and not in Hilde’s hands as it should have been. How could this be? A sudden panic hit him once again. He tried walking forwards, but he stopped as he wondered if it really was forwards at all. He could be going the opposite direction of the shore, he didn't know. He couldn't do anything but stand there, feeling his heart beat faster and faster for every minute that passed by. His limbs felt cold and uneasy, as he looked into the fog, looking for Luindal. However, it was all in vain.

"Luindal?" he whispered longing to hear Luindal’s voice again. It was nothing more than a whisper He was petrified and scared as he heard no reply from the Captain or any one else. Galhardir then decided to try on direction as he figured just standing there wouldn't get him out of this unpleasant and horrifying situation. Suddenly, he could feel the ice beneath him being torn apart. He didn't know what was happening, except for that he found himself balancing on one of the huge ice cubes. The sound of the cruel water as it hit the ice was drowning all his other thoughts. Never had Galhardir felt so utterly alone and helpless in his entire life. Thoughts weren't welcome in these situations, just actions. He had to gain his balance if he was to keep himself above the water. That was all that mattered; keeping himself above water, because if he fell in, his chances were low. He made a jump and it led him to safety, or so he thought. He then started to run, away form the area with the torn ice, and he didn't notice the big hole right in front of him. His speed was too great, and he didn’t noticed it before he had leapt right in it.

He clenched to the ice, not wanting to let go as half of his body was already in the cold water. The icy water had already gone through his clothes and his could feel it in his limps and bones. His voice tried yet again to call for help, but it was to no use. No one could help him now. He fingers still held tight to the ice, but he knew that he wouldn't manage to do it much longer as his body went cold and his mind flew far away. He couldn't help thinking about Gunnhild, his brothers' wife and his nephew, Rodhal.

Minutes passed, and still Gahardir held tight. He fought against the frost, but he knew he could not win this battle- the water was unbeatable. His hands and fingers were frozen and as a cold wind passed, he let go - Unwillingly of course. He just couldn't hold it any longer. He would fall into the cold water underneath it. He sank slowly, and as he felt his head hit the back the hard surface he knew he was trapped. Even if he had the energy to try saving his life, it wouldn't be impossible because he was now under the thick ruthless ice. With one last try to reach the surface that was still not covered with ice, he was out of breath.

Cheers,
Orofaniel

Last edited by piosenniel; 09-26-2004 at 01:14 PM.
Old 09-26-2004, 01:02 PM   #172
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

1420!

Ack! It would be silly to put myself a 'save' post on now, so soon after my last post, but if it's possible, could somebody save me a post, say...around Wednesday? I'm enjoying the fighting and don't want to miss out on anything!

I don't know if you can even do this, so if it's not possible, then no problem, but if someone does save me one then I will owe you a virtual pint - lemonade or ale!

Cheers!
Old 09-26-2004, 03:14 PM   #173
Regin Hardhammer
Shade of Carn Dûm

Thanks Rinfanawen for letting us know about your absence. Either one of the mods or myself will be sure to put up some saves before the battle sequence ends for both you and Lalwende......
Old 09-26-2004, 03:46 PM   #174
Niluial
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Wowee this game moves fast, I was only sick for a while :P. Anyway my save is filled... here. Once again Arry I used your characater!

Keep Save,
Nilly

Last edited by Niluial; 09-26-2004 at 05:20 PM.
Old 09-26-2004, 09:28 PM   #175
Rinfanawen
Wight

Silmaril

Thanks, Regin. I just filled in my save from Friday. It's not as long as I hoped it would be, but it's still suitable. I can't wait til I get back so I can continue beating up those Elves!!!
Old 09-28-2004, 01:10 PM   #176
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arry has just left Hobbiton.
Niluial

I have the two brothers and Elwë along with Andtuariel holding off some of the attackers, and protecting a small group of wounded.

Feel free to follow up on it!

-- Arry
Old 09-28-2004, 01:15 PM   #177
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

I'm sorry for my stupidity, but where is Galhardir in all this? or where is he supposed to be? I haven't quite figured it out.....
Old 09-28-2004, 01:20 PM   #178
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Oro

I have a suggestion - I don't think we ever got Galhardir hauled back to where the Elves could get him on the ship.

Do you want to be part of that little group my two Elves are protecting? Galhardir can make a groggy sort of comeback and bash some Corsair on the arm with some weapon/club/whatever he finds on the ground by him.

Maybe Carandû can be using his sword on one of the baddies and another rushes in from the side - Galhardir can bash or stab the attacker then faint dead away if you want, or struggle up to take on some more.
Old 09-28-2004, 01:38 PM   #179
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Arry

That sounds like a good idea.

I could put up a save after your last post and think it through. You see, I don't expect Galhardir to be "recovered" from the incident yet.

Thanks for the idea.
Old 09-28-2004, 11:28 PM   #180
Child of the 7th Age

My save for Alahseey is filled in....
Old 09-29-2004, 07:18 AM   #181
Child of the 7th Age

Wow! So many saves... I am skipping my own save forward--the one where the Elf leader decides to withdraw, since I assume that everyone with a save still wants to do a battle post. Regin - - could you also do the same with yours so Marreth comes after Luindal as we discussed? Thanks....

If anyone else wants or needs to do a post before mine, just indicate this on the discussion thread and Regin and I will hopscotch forward again.
Old 09-29-2004, 01:55 PM   #182
Regin Hardhammer
Shade of Carn Dûm

Child -

I've shifted my post till later in the thread.

~Regin
Old 09-29-2004, 06:35 PM   #183
Child of the 7th Age

My save is filled. Luindal has asked the Elves and their Lossoth allies to regroup and retreat from the beach (once everyone's save is filled in. )

That Marreth is also getting very pesky.

Pio -

I hope it is ok that I borrowed Rôg to say these things. If you'd rather I used someone else, let me know and I can edit.

Cami
Old 09-30-2004, 07:33 AM   #184
Regin Hardhammer
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

I've filled in my save, and given Luindal something to think about.

Please everyone, fill in your battle saves. You can also start on new posts. We'll be staying overnight and then I'll do a narrative post that gets us back to our ships. The Elves will leave immediately so we don't run into each other on the trail. It is around dusk now. More events to follow after reaching the ships.
- Regin
Old 09-30-2004, 05:23 PM   #185
Child of the 7th Age

Regin -

I'll do a narrative post on Friday that will get the Elves and company back to the ships. In the meantime, if any of the good guys wants to put up a new post, you can talk about gathering in a sheltered grove, administering to wounds and such before we prepare to depart. Incidentally, we will go back and retrieve the bodies of our fallen comrades at the beginning of my narrative post tomorrow.....

~Cami
Old 09-30-2004, 05:30 PM   #186
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Regin

Turn about is fair play . . .

I've put up a save . . . Carandû will let fly an arrow of his own

EDIT -- The save is filled. The Corsair Captain has been nicked in the right shoulder.

My apologies to JRRT for borrowing (and rewording) his words:

'O King to whom all birds are dear, speed now this feathered shaft, and recall some pity for the Noldor in their need!'

-- Fingon’s prayer to Manwë: The Silmarillion; Of the Return of the Noldor; J.R.R. Tolkien

Last edited by Arry; 09-30-2004 at 09:07 PM.
Old 10-01-2004, 12:11 PM   #187
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Thumbs up

Regin,

Cheers for doing me that save - I should have that filled soon. I've just logged on and the 'Downs is my first stop. I was lucky enough to see a very interesting display of sword fighting this week in London - showing differences between broadsword and rapier fighting - all the time I was watching it, I was thinking of how I might try to use some of what I saw!
Old 10-01-2004, 05:46 PM   #188
Regin Hardhammer
Shade of Carn Dûm

Thumbs up

Lalwende -

Glad to see you back and the swordplay sounds interesting!

Everyone -- Please fill in you saves this weekend so we can go forward. Sometime this weekend I'll post more informaiton about what's happening next in our game.

The Corsairs are back at the ship. The Elves will follow soon. You're welcome to post your recovery from wounds or your reflections on the battle. The good guys can also talk about the Lossoth Elder being tied up and suspected of being a spy.

Fill in the saves and we'll get started again.

Hey, Arry, what's with that arrow? Just kidding....

~Regin
Old 10-02-2004, 12:12 AM   #189
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
1420!

I've put up a save for the good guys in case you want to write a little something about your impressions of the battle and the fact that the Lossoth elder who was supposed to be advising the good guys seems to be a traitor.

I'll write a post to get us back to the ship.

~*~ Pio
Old 10-02-2004, 07:57 AM   #190
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

White Tree

Save is filled, Regin. The one with the battles and so on. I didn't have Galhardir fight all that much though, since he was in a pretty bad shape.

I took my character back to the ship. He is currently resting.

Arry- Is it okay if you bring your chracters into Galhardir's cabin? He really wants to thank them....

Anyone who wants to pay Galhardir a visit is most welcome to do so btw. But preferably after he has talked to Annû and Carandû.

Old 10-02-2004, 09:19 AM   #191
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Regin, PLACED ON THE GAME ~*~ PIO

I've got my post done now for the save you posted for me. I presume this will have to be done as an 'edit' onto that post? Cheers, Lalwende.

Lalwendë's post

Three elves and two Lossoth men were fighting hard against three Corsair men, and were slowly driving them back towards a hidden hole in the ice. The Corsairs knew the hole was there but they were losing their strength and their opponents had blocked any chance of escape. Tarn saw the look of panic on the faces of the men and struggled through the battle towards them.

As he got close to the men, he brandished his harpoon and shouted “Come and get some of this!” Then he stood firm holding the weapon ready as one of the elves and both of the Lossoth men turned towards him, grimacing. “Tarn, what a surprise to see you here,” said one of the men sarcastically. “This man might look high and mighty, but I can assure you, he’s no better than a mangy dog” the man said to the elf.

“And you are nothing but a stripling and a coward” Tarn sneered at the man, who was barely out of his youth. “Think you’re something special out here with these elves do you? Nothing but the fifth son of a pauper who pickles pilchards for a living, and still you think of yourself as better than me. You could not fight your way out of a barrel of vinegar!”

The young man’s face turned red with anger and he ran at Tarn, a reaction the older man had been hoping to provoke. With a wry look on his face, Tarn whipped out his knife and stooping quickly, shoved it into the back of the man’s shin as he ran past, missing Tarn’s manoeuvre in his haste. The man stumbled with a cry and Tarn whipped out the knife, jabbing it in the air before the other Lossoth man, who had now come forwards, furious at Tarn’s actions.

“You too? You want to taste this knife?” yelled Tarn, rushing towards the man, who turned and ran away. He shouted at him in derision as he loped off, and kicked the younger man who lay groaning, unable to get up.

Two of the Corsairs had managed to draw off one of the other elves and were driving him back to the shore, and one remained in combat with the remaining Corsair, the biggest of the southerners. But the first elf, who had come forwards with the two Lossoth men was now facing Tarn, and he looked unruffled. He held a slender sword outstretched and did not move. Tarn sidestepped around him holding the harpoon ready. He was not going to make the first move, but he jerked the weapon slightly as though he were about to thrust it towards the elf, who responded by jabbing the sword at Tarn’s stomach. Tarn jumped back and quickly swung the harpoon down at the elf, who sidestepped nimbly.

To his alarm, the elf quickly came behind Tarn and locked his arm around his neck. As he was about to thrust the sword into the man, Tarn jabbed his elbow back hard into the elf’s stomach, winding him. He used all his strength and took hold of the elf, almost as tall as he was, and threw him down. The elf dropped his sword with the force of his landing, and as he struggled to catch hold of it, Tarn saw it lying there.

He went to grab the weapon but the elf was there first and though he was still prone, he took the sword in his hand and slashed it towards Tarn’s shoulder. Tarn ducked, throwing his weight down onto the prone elf, and though he did not receive a fatal blow, he felt the sword slash at the skin on his upper arm, and felt the hot gush of blood swelling up. His head filled with a seething rage, he took hold of the collar of the elf’s jerkin and staring him in the eye, overflowing with vengeance, he bashed the elf’s head with his own.

The elf lay still and Tarn got up too quickly, feeling dizzy with the loss of blood to his arm. He stumbled on the ice and went back down to his knees. As he caught his breath, he saw the elven sword, stained with his own blood, and grasped hold of it; luckily the injury had been done to his left arm. Wincing as he tried to stand again, he looked for the big Corsair man who was nowhere to be seen. The elf he had been battling was now engaged with another fight. Tarn’s eyes widened as he realised where the man must be. The pain in his arm briefly forgotten, he rushed across to where he knew the hole to have been, and crouched down at the edge of the break in the ice.

The Corsair was grimly hanging onto an axe which he had thrust into the ice sheet. Tarn could see his face, turning blue with the cold, but the rest of his body was under the ice sheet, unable to resist the strong pull of the swift current. The man’s eyes were still open and they flashed a look of panic as he saw Tarn; he was unable to talk. Taking his harpoon and quickly working the hook in the blade under the man’s collar, Tarn heaved as hard as he could and managed to draw the man back closer to the opening in the ice. He took hold of the man’s other arm and winced as he felt the cold water yet kept a firm hold. With his injured arm he removed the harpoon and flung it behind him then took hold of the hand which still held the axe, and dragged the man up and out of the water.

Tarn looked at him briefly. The battle was far away from them now and he could afford a few minutes to make sure the Corsair was going to live. He liked the man. He had been more friendly than some of the other Corsairs, and they had spent some time talking about their shared interest in hunting on the previous day. He wanted him to live. Remembering the flask of fiery spirits the man had offered around, Tarn searched his soaking pockets for it. The drink was not frozen, and Tarn poured a little onto the man’s lips. He spluttered and motioned thanks. Finding a fur from a fallen elf, Tarn placed it onto the man in the hope of warming him up, and headed off to find a sled for the man’s rescue.
Old 10-02-2004, 05:07 PM   #192
Niluial
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

Sorry for not being on much, I have just been very busy as it is Holidays in South Africa. I'll have my save filled in either tonight or tomorrow.

See you around,
Nilly
Old 10-02-2004, 07:39 PM   #193
Regin Hardhammer
Shade of Carn Dûm

Everyone -

I have put up a save where the mysterious spy goes back to Marreth and informs him of the upcoming "trial" of Alahseey. The spy will warn that things are getting hot, people are asking questions, and somethingg could go wrong. The spy will ask Marreth to keep a close watch on the Elven ship in case there are any unexpected developments.

Here are our general marching orders now that we're back on the ship.

1. The ball is now in the Elf's court. The first thing will be to have a "hearing" with the Elders on the main deck of the ship where Alahseey's guilt or innocence can be established. Anyone who wants to can testify at the hearing as to their knowledge of Alahseey or anyone else they might suspect of doing ill.

Any of the bad guys who want to can hang out in the bushes near the Elven ship and see if they can overhear or see anything.

2. The guilty party will be established and led off to the town to be jailed. Meanwhile the bad guys will have been watching the Elven ship and see the good guys depart with the spy tied up. They run back to Marreth and tell him. Marreth will decide to recapture the spy. The bad guys will follow the good guys and try to seize back the spy. There will be fighting but no one gets the upper hand, and the spy is still in control of the good guys.

At this critical point in the story, Imladris and Niluial have a little treat planned for us. Something will happen that the Elves will not like. (Yeah!!)

3. After that, the Elves will decide to go out into the Bay to look for the Palantiri in the water. They will take their long boats and leave the larger ship moored by the shore.

Then, we --the bad guys -- have a little surprise planned for Luindal. But I'm not going to put it here. I will inform my band by pm and you Elves and Elf allies can just sit and sweat it out!

I love surprizes!

Anyways, let's get writing.

~Regin

EDIT: Niluial, Imladris -- please check your pms and get back.

Last edited by Regin Hardhammer; 10-02-2004 at 07:51 PM.
Old 10-02-2004, 08:35 PM   #194
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Shield

I finally filled in my save. Sorry it took so long.
~* Kitanna
Old 10-02-2004, 08:46 PM   #195
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Tolkien

I replied to your PM, Regin, (as if you couldn't tell... ) and I'll post for Jynne when the elves have their trial.

Old 10-02-2004, 11:33 PM   #196
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Oro

The Elves are paying a visit to Galhardir & have brought hot tea and some nutbread.

Go ahead and use Annû and Carandû as needed.

-- Arry
Old 10-03-2004, 05:05 AM   #197
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Silmaril

Arry

I've posted. I used the elven brothers to inform Galhardir about the current situation. (About Alahseey and so on).

He also thanked them for saving his life...(sweet )

Which reminds me, Galhardir should probably thank Rog and everyone else too. So, is it okay if he attends the hearing? He could use that opportunity to thank them. Maybe he could tell the elders if he remembers anything odd..(Which he probablydoesn't.)

Is it ok?
Old 10-03-2004, 07:51 AM   #198
Child of the 7th Age

Oro -

Yes, certainly. In fact, Luindal will be inviting the entire company to attend the hearing. The Lossoth Elders will also be there. Anyone who wants to can speak up. It will be held out on the open deck of the ship (see Regin's planning post). The bad guys are welcome to lurk in the bushes and hidden crevices on the shore but near the ship so they can see what's going on.

Cami
Old 10-03-2004, 04:08 PM   #199
Rinfanawen
Wight

Silmaril

Hello, I am back from my trip. The game looks to be going great. I should have my save by tomorrow night at the latest. Thanks, Regin!
Old 10-03-2004, 08:25 PM   #200
Regin Hardhammer
Shade of Carn Dûm

Rinfanawen -

Glad to see you're back!

Also, thanks to Niluial and Imladris for your fast reponse to my pms. Sounds as if we're full speed ahead.

Sorry that I didn't fill in my save today. Right now I am slogging my way through piles of homework and studying and won't get to the writing till tomorrow after school.

Hey, I've got a really good excuse.... I am a rabid baseball fan and this afternoon the Astros clinched a spot in the playoffs, so I was watching that instead of doing other things I was supposed to be doing. We've got tickets for the games however far they make it, so I've got my fingers crossed that they'll keep winning.

~Regin

Last edited by Regin Hardhammer; 10-03-2004 at 08:30 PM.