Old 01-07-2004, 02:01 AM   #1
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
The Eye Hunted Discussion Thread

Niluial invites you to play:

Hunted

Historical Background:

(Appendix B - Return of the King) TA 2758- Rohan, attacked from west and east is, overrun. Gondor is attacked by fleets of Corsairs. Helm takes refuge in Helm’s Deep. Wulf and an army of Dunlendings seize Edoras. TA 2758-9 The Long Winter follows. There is great suffering and loss of life in Eriador and Rohan.

Basic Storyline:

Weather in The Shire has grown devastatingly cold. It is the Third Age in the year 1159 SR (Shire Reckoning; Third Age 2759). The winter of 1158 SR (Third Age 2758) has never lifted and the Northlands have been covered in snow even through the summer. The Brandywine River has frozen over and hungry Wargs are threatening the borders of The Shire. There has been no harvest and provisions are running short.

A group of young and old Hobbits plan to go on a desperate journey to Rivendell for food and supplies. A few days before they planned on setting out Dwarves traveling through the Shire had told the Hobbits that the roads leading into Rivendell had been besieged by hungry Orc troops and Wargs.

The group of Hobbits decides to set off to Bree instead to stock up on food but on their journey to Bree they face many problems and are hunted by a pack of hungry wolves. The Hobbits are also weighed down by their wagons which carry their supplies and make the journey long and strenuous. Once they reach Bree they take the needed food and accessories. On their way back they spot a troop of Orcs but it’s too late to hide, the Orcs have already spotted them. The hungry Orcs attack the Hobbits - the Hobbits have no option but to fight back. They have a fierce battle but the Orcs are too strong and outnumber the Hobbits.

In the end many of the Hobbits die and are eaten by the hungry Orcs and Wargs and only some Hobbits make it out alive!

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 4:41 PM January 12, 2004: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 01-07-2004, 02:02 AM   #2
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

The Eye

The purpose of the story is to: Get to Bree and collect the food supplies then have the battle with the Orcs, leaving most of the Hobbits dead (some survive).

This means we will know the story is over when: The battle is over and the Hobbits are dead, only a few escape.

Starting Location: Westfarthing of the Shire – Tuckborough (where Great Smials is)

Likely destination: Between Bree and The Shire (where they have the battle with the orcs)
Old 01-07-2004, 02:03 AM   #3
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

The Eye

Timeframes:

This game takes place in the Third Age at around year 1159 SR (Shire Reckoning; Third Age 2759).

The storyline itself or plot covers: (Tookland to Bree @ 150 miles; 2mph walking/6 hr day = 12 - 15 miles/day = 10 days - 2 weeks) about 1 1/2 months Game Time for the round trip and the battles

This game requires a time commitment of 10 weeks from me, the game owner and from the major players.
Old 01-07-2004, 02:05 AM   #4
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

The Eye

CHARACTERS NEEDED:

Please note that I would prefer the Hobbits to be older than 28.

Moderator note: The usual weapons for Hobbits would be knives, little hunting bows, sling shots, sturdy oak walking sticks, and cudgels. Swords would be a RARITY – if found at all.
  • Male Hobbits – 4 in addition to Tom Bracegirdle played by Phervasaion (only 2 will come out alive)
  • Female Hobbits – 2 in addition to the two played by Niluial, ElenCalaIsil (They will need a good reason for going and only 3 will make it out alive)

Character types which would not belong:

No other characters will be accepted but Hobbits
Old 01-07-2004, 02:05 AM   #5
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

The Eye

Dedicated Characters:

ElenCala Isil – “Ivy Burrows”

Phervasaion – “Tom Bracegirdle”
Old 01-07-2004, 02:07 AM   #6
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

The Eye

Niluial’s Character

NAME: Melody Took

RACE: Hobbit

WEAPONS: A small pocket knife with patterns carved on it and two small jewels on the handle. It was passed down from generation to generation.

APPEARANCE: Melody is a beautiful Hobbit with strong features. She has long brown hair and hazel eyes. Melody is an average Hobbit height but has rather big feet. Hobbits are known to have long fingers but Melody’s fingers are longer than the typical Hobbits fingers. She is not one to smile much but when she does smile it is big and lovely. Her favourite color to wear is green and is often seen in summery dresses with her hair down.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Melody is confident and knows what she wants when and how. She often comes across as bossy, but people feel calm when Melody is around because everything is so organized. She does get upset when she doesn’t get her way or things don’t go her way which many find annoying.

She is very social and enjoys having company. Melody loves to throw parties and is known for being an excellent cook (which is not a bad thing to be known for). Melody is a romantic and she is always in love or obsessed with someone but has never had a serious relationship. Her favourite thing to do is spend the day on a field with her best friend Ivy Burrows, having a picnic, singing songs and watching the clouds in the sky. They may be in their early 30’s but they act like ‘tweens’.

Melody definitely lives up to the Took name, adventurous! She loves to adventure and go on journeys. When she was younger she would pretend she was a Hobbit going on a journey and would spend hours playing this game outside and of course the Hobbits were disgusted!

HISTORY: Melody Took grew up in the Great Smials with her two brothers. She was the youngest and was brought up well. She was always a spoilt little Hobbit, very demanding and always got her way or got what she wanted. Her mother and father were never home, always off to visit some distant family member or are at a party. Melody’s brothers were adventurous too but were killed in an unfortunate encounter on one of their adventures, when Melody was 20. This left her sad and lonely. A year or two later she decided to socialize again and become friends with all. She grew up with Ivy Burrows and they are still friends today. Ivy was always there for Melody. When they were younger they were always getting themselves in trouble, doing things they knew they shouldn’t do! She still lives in the Great Smials and to this day her parents are almost never home. She spends most of her day with Ivy her best friend or Tom a friend, who she is sweet on (yes she is crazy in love about him and yet he doesn’t know).

Niluial’s post * FIRST FOR GAME*

Melody looked out the window and the nightmare was still not over, the trees, hills, lakes and everything ells was still covered in white snow. Melody hugged herself hopping to get warmer. The door opened behind her, she turned around and saw an angry face.

“There is hardly any food left!” Tom said walking into the room throwing all his papers on the floor. Melody backed away, she hated Tom’s bad moods.

“We must get a group of us together to get supplies! We need them or we will starve” he said in a calmer voice.

“But who? I am sure not many are prepared to go out in this cold. There are wolves along the bor…”

“I know there are wolves around the border and dangers out there! Do you think we have a choice?” Tom said interrupting Melody. His tone changed to angry again. “Why don’t you understand?”

“I do understand, I am just the one staying calm here!” Melody exclaimed putting her hand on his shoulder. Tom pushed Melody’s hand away and walked out the room slamming the door behind him. Melody fell to the floor and started crying. She couldn’t take it anymore, all this stress and anger. Everyone in The Shire was stressed and depressed. Melody hated seeing everyone like this, it was awful. "I must do something," she thought.

She sat at the dinner table with Tom that evening, it was silent. Melody looked at Tom, not sure if she should say anything. She couldn’t touch her food, she was hungry but was too distracted. She watched Tom across the table.

“Eat! Why aren’t you eating? And stop looking at me like I am an orc!” Tom shouted. Melody sank down into the chair and took a bite of her food. He had been so snappy lately, always shouting and giving orders. Melody sat up straight “T..To..Tom. I have” she took a breath “I have an idea” Melody said, she waited for a reply.

“Yes? What is it?” Tom asked.

“Well, we could go to Rivendell. Get a group of us together and get the supplies we need. I was wrong earlier! There are many Hobbits out there wanting to go on the trip, just to save their families, they would even die for them” Melody said with a half put on smile.

“That is the best idea we have so far I guess.” He paused, looking into her eyes “I’ll call a meeting tomorrow! We can send the news around about the meeting and ask all willing Hobbits to come.” Tom said. He looked back down onto his plate and carried on eating. Melody sighed with relief, maybe they could help.

The next morning Melody was up early in the kitchen singing. Ivy stood outside knocking on the door

“Knock, knock! Anyone home?”

Melody ran and opened the door and squealed “Ivy! You’re here, perfect timing indeed!” Melody said hugging her best friend. Ivy laughed and they both walked into the kitchen.

Ivy looked at Melody “why are you so happy? Its odd seeing someone happy in this town, everyone is so sad and snappy!” Ivy inquired.

“Tom and I are getting a whole lot of Hobbits together to go to Rivendell to get the needed supplies” said Melody, mixing the cake mixture.

“And you are happy because you can go?”

“Well” Melody paused “I haven’t spoken to him about that yet”

“Oh, Melody! You know Tom won't let you go, he cares for you too much!”

“I’ll bring up the subject at the meeting! You will come to wont you?”

“Me, miss out an adventure, huh!” Ivy said winking at Melody.

They ate breakfast and spoke about the trip and who they thought were coming. Melody felt bad, she had more supplies than the other Hobbits in the Shire - their pantry wasn’t full but enough to last a week or two. Ivy left after breakfast, she had some things to do.

Tom walked into the house while Melody was outside picking flowers. “Melody! The meeting is on for late afternoon. I told a few about the trip and it is bound to travel quick.” Tom said.

Melody smiled and said “Well I’ll see you at the meeting then!” and carried on gardening.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 3:57 AM January 07, 2004: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 01-07-2004, 02:10 AM   #7
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

The Eye

ElenCalaIsil’s Character

NAME: Ivy Burrows

WEAPONS: Ivy carries a small knife she found one day while wandering around and no other weapons. She has been known to throw a stone or two if needed.

APPEARANCE: Ivy is the ideal height for the average Hobbit, and has long, dark curls that sweep down her back. Her eyes are a faint green colour, and she wears a small smile upon her face. Her raiment is a sage green coloured dress, with a light vine design on the over-skirt, and a golden laced bodice adorning it. She wears a light chain, with a leaf-shape pendant upon it.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Ivy, growing up where she did, had grown to love exploring the terrains, and always being outside. She’s very friendly towards some, but has been known to be fairly close at time. She tends to be slightly over observant, staring out at the world, and taking everything in. Ivy enjoys a good tale, and loves to tell a few herself. She has an immense love for nature, and would love to see what other types of natures lie outside the Shire. Her weakness includes being extremely mischievous.

HISTORY: Ivy, from wee Hobbit-lass, had always loved to explore, and spent most of her time wandering the Shire. Spending most of this time in Buckland and Tuckborough, Ivy became great friends with Melody Took. Ivy has no siblings, and thusly, Melody had always been like a sister to her. The two Hobbits spent all their time together, wandering around, and being outdoors.

She was an extremely mischievous Hobbit, but that came naturally from spending so much time around the Tooks. Ivy took to dragging Melody around on her little adventures to different parts of the Shire, and planning schemes to poke fun with the other Hobbit children. The two were known for their pranks, and were nearly always getting scolded. In the meantime, Ivy enjoyed spending quiet days having picnics with Melody.

They became ever the closer after Melody's brothers died in an unfortunate encounter on one of their adventures. Since then, Ivy has taken to observing things, and became a bit close.

Ivy was never very close to her parents. Her mother died when she was but a youngling, and Ivy can recall barely a thing about her. Her father stays in the yards most of the day, weeding, and planting new seedlings. After Ivy’s mum died, her father took gardening to heart.

As a tot, Ivy would stay by her father’s side watching him work, and she soon learned the tricks and trades of gardening, but as she grew older, Ivy stayed away from home. She became less and less close to her father. Something she quite regrets, although her love for him has not dimmed in the least.

As her coming of age grew closer and closer, Ivy spent even more time with Melody, plotting what they would do when their 33’s came about. To this day, Ivy hasn’t come of age, but she thinks about it often. She is still just as mischievous, but is a bit of an introvert towards strangers. She awaits a new adventure, and is ready to follow up on one, alongside her best mate.

ElenCalaIsil’s post

Ivy looked out, on the bank of the Brandywine. A cold wind rustled the leaves and brought a chill to her body. It had never been this cold in her life. The river was covered in a thin sheet of ice, and there was an air of danger about. Ivy drew her cloak about her, keeping out the prying fingers of winter’s cold wind. She stood staring past the river. A few other Shire-folk peered out from behind trees. Ivy turned to see them, and walked away. Something was not right. As she walked down the familiar path, the folks came out of their homes and gave Ivy a look. She saw that they were worried. Picking up the pace, Ivy walked towards the Great Smials, where Melody Took would await her.

It was fairly obvious to Ivy, why Melody had summoned her, it lingered in the air, it was in the faces of the Hobbit-children. It was in the ice that covered the Brandywine. Secretly, Ivy looked forward to what was coming, but she kept a solemn look upon her face, one to match the people she passed on her way. Melody had the inside word, and Ivy would not let her slip past without knowing. As she drew nearer to the place where she would rendezvous with Melody, she grew excited. A smile crept upon her face, and she was met with frowns. Ivy ignored the Hobbits’ looks and kept walking. She sensed the opportunity to go on an adventure.

When at last Ivy came closer to Great Smials, a Hobbit-lass came towards her. A worried look upon her face. Ivy’s smile receded into concern, as Melody nodded, and motioned her to come closer. As Ivy approached, she saw a group of Hobbits, gathered a bit farther behind Melody. They seemed reluctant, about something, and they all had large packs with them. They spoke in hushed voices, and Ivy listened. Melody took her aside and explained the ordeal. “Rivendell?” Ivy asked incredulously, when Melody had finished her tale. Melody nodded once more. Ivy stood, staring out at nothing, lost in thought. They would need strong Hobbits, to carry back a plenty. The crops were dying, and something had to be done.

“I will come. I don’t carry much for myself, anyhow. I can carry supplies for the others. They can’t rely on the ponies, and wagons alone.” Ivy said hurriedly. She was sure someone would protest, but she was determined nonetheless. Ivy was known for her mischievous ways, and this was a serious journey. But the yearning to go on an adventure, even one such as this, gnawed at her heart. She knew that Melody would expect this of her. She tilted her head in question.

This following part edited off for the beginning of the game.

The preparations were to be made, and soon a group of Hobbits would set out for Rivendell. Many were frightened to go on a journey, and the thought of traveling in this weather put them in a mood. A few days before they were all set to travel, word of the Hobbits’ journey was already out. Ivy and the rest were met by a group of dwarves. It was not all that unusual to see a passing dwarf every so often, but these dwarves had business with the journey. They informed the Halflings of danger along their path. The roads to Rivendell have been lined with Orc troops, and wargs. The dwarves bid them not to journey out, but the crops were hopeless, and the Shire was in desperate need of supplies.

At last it was that they came to consensus, and decided to journey to Bree. The thought comforted some of the Hobbits, but the thought of the eminent danger that they might face, frightened the others even more. Ivy found herself by the river once more. She looked out, excited, and even a bit frightened at the journey they were to face, and wondered what dangers they would find along the road. She fiddled around with her cloak, and took out a small knife, she had found one day. It’s not much, but I can use it if I need to, she thought to herself, as she prepared for the journey.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 6:02 PM January 12, 2004: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 01-07-2004, 02:16 AM   #8
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

The Eye

Phervasaion’s Character

NAME: Tom Bracegirdle

WEAPONS: A Hunting bow that has been well made and a long knife (for a Hobbit that is).

APPEARANCE: Tom is of an average male hobbit height and has black short hair. His eyes are a deep blue colour and are very sharp. He is also known to be quite fair and good looking for a Hobbit.

PERSONALITY: Tom was always a nice person if he was in a good mood but if you managed to get on his wrong side he could anger quickly. He can also be very demanding and likes people to do what he says and thinks often that he is the one in charge rather than anyone else. Behind this angry exterior though Tom is very caring towards other Hobbits even though he doesn’t show it, everything he does is for a good cause. He is especially caring towards Melody and is fond of her in many ways.

Tom can be a good adventurer and he likes going out. But, he’s not as adventurous as Melody as he only leaves the Shire when he desperately needs to. He does not like Melody’s adventures and would rather have her safe in her home cooking. And he finds that Ivy Burrows is a bad influence on Melody. He usually prefers to adventure by himself as well because he is not very social and a lot of people consider him to be bossy and arrogant but they are the ones who don’t know Tom properly. Only his close friends know who he really is and what he’s really like.

HISTORY: Tom grew up in a poor hobbit family on the opposite side of the shire to Melody. He never got any of the pleasures the other young Hobbits around him got and this, he thinks, could be a cause of his anger and short temper. But it may just be something that runs in his family because his father was always strict and could get a lot angrier than Tom does. Due to his anger his mom left him, but knowing that she could never look after a child with her resources she left Tom with his father. Tom never saw his mother again but heard from people he knew that she was kind and giving. That was obviously where Tom got his kind and giving side from, and, always doing things for the best. Tom, at the age of sixteen, left his father as he couldn’t stand his constant shouting for much longer. He moved to the Great Smials and lived across the road from Melody. He made a good living being a hard worker and didn’t want to end up like his parents did. Everyone had respect for him due to his hard work, even though no one liked his angry nature.

Phervasaion’s post

Tom paced up and down the path by Melody’s house thinking who he could trust to go on this mission with him. He had a few good old hobbit friends that lived near by and he was sure they would come along to the meeting if he asked, so, he went to visit them all. All of them were not sure of coming on the actual journey due to the wolves and danger, but, luckily for Tom they all agreed to go to the meeting on that late afternoon.

Tom told everyone to meet at his house for four. An hour before hand Tom grabbed some spare chairs from his room and began placing them around his dining room table. He stopped and thought for a moment.

“We could have some dinner while the meeting is on,” Tom thought to himself as he let the Hobbits passion for food appear in him. “No,” he said aloud as the strictness of him reappeared on his face. “It would only make us trail off the subject… Plus I don’t have enough supplies anyway.” He finished placing the chairs around his table and stretched. The chairs were rather heavy for a hobbit to carry around and he had a bad back in the first place.

Just at four o’clock Tom heard a knock the door. He opened it and in walked Melody and Ivy along with the other hobbits. “Good! Your all on time,” said Tom in his usual dominant voice. They all made their way into the dining room and took their seats.

Tom simply explained the extremely dangerous situation they were in with all the crops being frozen over, food supplies running short, and he told them the details of their plan. When he finished he simply stood up and leaned over the table and said to them in a demanding manner, “Now… I trust I will have all your company for the journey?” All the hobbits looked at each other and there was a short silence.

“Yes err…okay we will come along with you,” one of the Hobbits replied looking slightly scared of Tom.

“Good! Now, Melody and Ivy I need you to prepare some food supplies for us before we set out tomorrow if that’s okay with you,” said Tom to the two Hobbit ladies. Melody looked back with a brave face.

“Actually we were hoping to come along with you… can we?” Tom just looked at them as if they had just offended him in some way.

“What! You think you can come along with us?? Do you know how dangerous the road towards Rivendell is!?” Tom shouted in a booming voice.

“Yes, bu…”

“But What?! The point is the road is too dangerous for women and you're not going!! This meeting is over. Everyone leave!” All the Hobbits left in a hurry to let Tom calm down. After they left Tom slumped down in his chair and took a deep breath. “I suppose I’ll eventually have to let the women come along. Melody usually gets what she wants anyway,” Tom muttered to himself unwillingly.
Old 01-07-2004, 02:18 AM   #9
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

The Eye

Again – CHARACTERS NEEDED:

Male Hobbits (at least 28 years old or older; only 2 will make it out alive)
  • 1.)Needed player
  • 2.)Needed player
  • 3.)Needed player
  • 4.)Needed player

~*~

Female Hobbits (at least 28 years old or older; only 3 will make it out alive.)

(In addition to Niluial’s, ElenSilaCala's characters)
  • 1.)Needed player
  • 2.)Needed player
Old 01-07-2004, 02:19 AM   #10
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

The Eye

FIRST POSTS MUST BE SUBMITTED WITH YOUR CHARACTER DESCRIPTION

All character descriptions not accompanied by a First Post will be returned to their writers.

Players will NOT be chosen because they submitted their character earlier than the other players. The Game Owners will read each post and character bio and then make the choice for players accordingly.
Old 01-07-2004, 02:25 AM   #11
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

The Eye

PROSPECTIVE GAME PLAYERS

It is a requirement that all potential game players will either have posted in one of the RPG Inns (preferably in The Green Dragon) or have played in an RPG on the Barrow Downs.

Please use this form for creating your character to post on the discussion thread.

Those who have not played before in a Barrow Downs' RPG will be given preference. Final preference, though, will be at the discretion of the Game Owner.

Character Description Form:

1.) Have you ever played in an RPG at the Barrow Downs? – YES/NO - Which one?

2.) How many RPG’s on the Barrow Downs are you currently involved in?

List them, please:

Please note you may play in only 3 games at one time.

3.) Have you posted in The Green Dragon Inn or in The White Horse in Rohan? – YES/NO – Which one?

For your character please include:

NAME:

RACE:

WEAPONS (No magical, super-hero, mithril weapons. Just good solid Middle-earth weapons and armor only that is appropriate to the race of the character and the time period.):

APPEARANCE:

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: (No half-Elven characters. No mixed-type characters. No super-heroes. No assassins. No one all powerful, martial arts proficient, or having any magical traits. Just regular characters with normal abilities for their races only):

HISTORY:

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

A FIRST POST FOR YOUR CHARACTER MUST ACCOMPANY THIS FORM.

It is a requirement for this game. Character Descriptions without a First Post attached will be sent back to the writer.

They may be submitted again, once there is a First Post to go with them.
Old 01-07-2004, 02:30 AM   #12
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

The Eye

The Discussion Thread for this game is now open. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

~*~ Pio, Game Moderator

Have Fun!

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 11:12 AM January 09, 2004: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 01-09-2004, 10:22 AM   #13
Gorbadic
Pile O'Bones

Gorbadic has just left Hobbiton.
Boots

[[Im here for the game. I hope this is what you wanted.]] I HAVE EDITED THE POST COMPLETLY.well i changed words and stuff

1.) Have you ever played in an RPG at the Barrow Downs? – NO - Which one? 0

2.) How many RPG’s on the Barrow Downs are you currently involved in? none
List them, please: 0

3.) Have you posted in The Green Dragon Inn or in The White Horse in Rohan? – YES – Which one? The Green Dragon Inn

NAME: Gorbadic Willow

WEAPONS: Knife

APPEARANCE: Gorbadic is 3’0” in height and is skinnier than a lot of Hobbits. He has red hair that is curly. He wears a brown cape on his back and some brown fingerless gloves. He has brown eyes. He wears the average Hobbit clothing, a brown vest, and brown shirt and pants. He like most Hobbits does not wear shoes.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Gorbadic has no real strengths and what not he is just a plain Hobbit. Although he is a thief so he is rather clever and sneaky. He is good at taking things he's not supposed too. He loves to spy and watch people. He is sarcastic and always loves a good joke now and then. He tends to play jokes on his friends. He may be a joker but when trouble is around he tries to do what he can to help. Even if he gets hurt or can't do much.

HISTORY: Gorbadic was born and raised in Bree. He was raised by his uncle, Merimas Willow. His parents died in the fields of Bree right after he was born. His parents, Artimiss Willow and mother, Glenny Maplewheel both died when Gorbadic was born in the middle of a Bree field. They were killed by some Wargs who were hunting in the area after tracking a deer for a while. They sat Gorbadic down and tried to fight them off but were killed by the Wargs strong jaws. Baby Gorbadic lay on the ground for two days till a search party came through and picked him up.

The search party was sent by his community looking for his parents. His uncle picked him up and raised him in his ways, he taught him to be a farmer. But Gorbadic's friends taught him to be a thief. To this day Gorbadic loves to travel, steal, and play jokes. Now living in Tuckburrough he owns a small bit of farmland and plants a small patch of corn and wheat. He lives by himself but likes the lonely life. Well not lonely all the time, Gorbadic has a group of friends which he likes to talk to and hang out with when he is really bored. Gorbadic respects his friends and would do anything to help them.

Gorbadic’s post

Gorbadic walks through the woods towards a friend's house. As he makes his way there he notices a rabbit stuck in a trap. Sadly the rabbit is close to death and can not be saved but Gorbadic does not take that for an excuse not to help. He runs over to the small animal and breaks the trap with all his strength. Picking up the rabbit Gorbadic begins to cry over what has happened to it. The rabbit dies in his hand so Gorbadic takes it to some bushes and wraps some ivy around it and digs a small hole. He sets the rabbit into the hole and covers it up.

Gorbadic knows he has to be at his friend's house soon so he starts to walk a little faster than before, hoping to get there in time. From the faster walking, Gorbadic decides he should take a rest. He walks over to a fallen tree and sits down and then leans back against it. Yawning loudly Gorbadic feels better and starts to drift off to sleep. His head starts to droop over making his hair swing low. He suddenly remembers the meeting and jumps up and begins to walk slower then a jog but faster than a average walk speed.

He sees the house up ahead and notices some people by it. It was his friend's so he walks steady again and makes it there - waving to all his friends and telling what happened just to come over to the house. Gorbadic sits down on the ground and again starts to drift off to sleep when the door opens up. Happily he walks in and finally can relax for once in the day.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 5:22 PM January 12, 2004: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 01-09-2004, 01:23 PM   #14
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

1420!

Everyone please note:

The timeframe for this game is about 300 years BEFORE the War of the Ring. It's taking place during 'The Long Winter':

Quote:
The Long Winter - A period of five months between November III 2758 and March III 2759, during which time the western lands, and especially Eriador and Rohan, were beset by snow and ice. This was a catastrophic time, the Winter and the hard years that followed it cost many lives, and brought the land of Rohan near to extinction. - The Encyclopedia of Arda
Old 01-09-2004, 05:32 PM   #15
dragoneyes
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

dragoneyes has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Right, let's see if I can't come up with a decent character.

1.) Have you ever played in an RPG at the Barrow Downs? ? YES - Which one? Cirith Ungol, The Long Winter, Search for the Lost Messenger, Hunt for the Dragon.

2.) How many RPG?s on the Barrow Downs are you currently involved in? None

3.) Have you posted in The Green Dragon Inn or in The White Horse in Rohan? ? YES ? Which one? Both

NAME: Hob Bolger

WEAPONS: A well-made hunting bow and stones if arrows are in short supply.

APPEARANCE: Slightly taller that your average hobbit, with broad shoulders and strong arms. His hair is very dark brown (and curly of course) while his eyes are of a greeny browny colour depending on the light. He wears typical hobbit attire and has a wonderfully warm fur-lined green coat, which he wears almost all the time now the weather has turned so cold.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: He was once a happy, bubbly and talkative personality, but hard times have crushed him and reduced him to a brooding and serious character. He is still caring of others, even when he doesn't know them. He's not especially social but will talk and there's still some remnant of the old him inside. His upper body is strong from chopping frozen wood and lugging it around but he always has been and remains utterly useless at long distance running as he becomes short of breath very quickly.

HISTORY: His early years were the happiest anyone could have hoped for, the worst thing that ever happened to him being not enough apple tart for dessert. At the age of 35 he found his love in the shape of a fair hobbit-lass who went by the name of Ruby. They spent two and a half happy years together until the cold covered the Shire in a permanent blanket of ice.

Since then things have only got worse. Ruby was taken ill, and without any fresh food or medicine, died within a week. Hob is thankful that the rest of his family has not yet followed in her wake, but he is worried for his mother who certainly seems to be going that way and once she is gone that would surely signal the end for his father as well.

dragoneyes' post

Hob Bolger was sitting on the step outside the back door of his house. The snow was falling gently around him and on him. He pulled his coat tighter around him. It was a fine fur-lined green coat, which he thought must have been exspensive, but had never found out as he had recieved it on his father's birthday and so of course couldn't be told the price. Now he was glad for it. He hated sitting inside only being able to hear his mother's coughs and it made outside that little more bareable, even though his ears were still aching with the cold.

As he sat, he thought over the past few days. How was it that he'd come to find himself enrolled on a trip from his home to Bree? He remembered meetings with other hobbits, Tom Bracegirdle stood out in his mind as the one who had planned it all, but it was his father that had sent him away from his warm house and bare larder to set out on a quest away from everything he'd ever known to the hopefully fuller larders of Bree.

Hob stood from his familiar position, shaking the snow from where it had settled all about him. He hated the cold with all his heart for what it had taken from him, but it was time like these, when his stomach wasn't grumbling and he could see no sign of sickness, that he forgave it. He opened his door, best to get packing now, he didn't want to forget anything, as his father kept reminding him. He smiled, how his father was fussing all over him, truely proud and yet at the same time worrying. As if he were taking over the job of his mother. He heard a cough and the smile was wiped from his face. He stepped inside the house and stamped the snow off his feet. He glared back outside at the frosty scene, it was just an innocent-looking facade and underneath he saw the cold for being the sinister climate it really was and slammed the door shut behind him.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 8:47 PM January 09, 2004: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 01-09-2004, 07:50 PM   #16
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Players will find an 'edited by' me at the bottom of their posts - I'm just setting up the First Post for easy transfer to the game should you be chosen to play.

~*~ Pio
Old 01-10-2004, 08:41 AM   #17
ElentariGreenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

ElentariGreenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

1.) Have you ever played in an RPG at the Barrow Downs? – YES - Which one? Cirith Ungol, Hunt for the Dragon (owned), Search for the lost messenger (short role), Setting sails for Valinor
List them, please:

3.) Have you posted in The Green Dragon Inn or in The White Horse in Rohan? – YES– Which one? Both

WEAPONS: Merimac keeps a sling with him at all times and carries a good supply of pebbles and small stones. He also takes a walking staff with him on long trips, with he can use for protection if need be.

APPEARANCE: His curly brown hair is often unkempt due to his forgetfulness. He’s average height for a hobbit, though he’s been known to fit into small tree hollows that other hobbits couldn’t fit into. He has quite a plain appearance, even for a hobbit.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Merimac is a cheerful hobbit, though his mood tends to match that of the weather. He rarely looses his temper, but if he does he could shock even one of the Big Folk into silence with his loud voice. Being helpful is something that Merimac tries hard to do, but he sometimes feels as though he gets in the way. His appetite sometimes gets the better of him, but in times of need he can cut back on eating to preserve food stores. He’s not particularly talkative, and will rarely begin a conversation unless it’s necessary, but he’s willing to listen if someone’s willing to talk. Merimac is always curious about things, and will try to find out more about something he knows little about.

HISTORY: Merimac spent much of his childhood off on adventures around the Shire, often returning to impress the younger hobbits with his tales of getting lost or seeing one of the Big Folk. His childhood was happy, and if asked to recollect an unhappy memory he would not be able to. At his coming-of-age birthday he was sure he beat the record for most blackcurrant tarts eaten, though no one can be sure. He has yet to find a young hobbit girl to settle down with. Merimac has known Tom, Ivy and Melody for many years, though they were never really his closest of friends.

Elentari’s post:

The snow fell silently from the grey sky, as it had done for a long while now. Merimac Headstrong couldn’t remember any winter having been this cold before, though his memory only stretched back thirty-four years, well, not even that. Food supplies were running dangerously low, and he was glad somebody was finally taking action about it. Tom Bracegirdle had invited him to a meeting at four o’clock that afternoon. Merimac was hoping that there would be some expedition to get more supplies, and he was not disappointed. He arrived with Melody, Ivy and some other hobbits at Tom’s dwelling and took his seat at the dining room table.

Tom explained the plan in much detail to the hobbits, and Merimac was inwardly both excited and nervous about the possible journey ahead. He had never left the Shire before, yet his curiosity soon overcame his fears.

“Now… I trust I will have all your company for the journey?” Tom said in a demanding voice.

Another of the Hobbits present answered for the group, though they seemed nervous and slightly scared of Tom. “Yes err…okay we will come along with you.”

Merimac was about to stand and say farewell, as the meeting seemed to be over, when Tom suddenly began to shout at Melody. Tom was right though, the road was dangerous, but Merimac had learned from childhood scuffles that hobbit lasses are just as capable has hobbit lads when it comes to protecting themselves. However, he said nothing because he did not wish to get involved in an argument with Tom. He knew that Melody would easily persuade Tom to change his mind.

He slipped quietly away from the meeting, for it was now definitely over. The road back to his hobbit-hole was quite icy under the snow, but he managed to keep his balance as he walked slowly along, deep in thought. What should he pack? He’d never been on such a long adventure before. He packed what he thought he’d need, such as some rope, food, extra clothes in case it got even colder, his sling and stones, and his walking stick. Who knows what we might meet on the way to Rivendel, he thought.

Hope that's ok Nilly.
Old 01-10-2004, 09:56 AM   #18
Niluial
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Niluial has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Niluial Send a message via MSN to Niluial
Sting

Thank you Pio! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

dragoneyes - Your character description and first post are perfect, welcome to the game [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]!

ElentariGreenleaf - Excellent first post and character description! Welcome to Hunted!

Gorbadic - Lovely character. Please check your PM's. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

~Niluial

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 2:37 PM January 30, 2004: Message edited by: Niluial ]
Old 01-10-2004, 11:48 AM   #19
Fool Of A Took
Haunting Spirit

Fool Of A Took has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I hope you dont mind if I join [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

1.) Have you ever played in an RPG at the Barrow Downs? – NO - Which one? 0

List them, please: 0

3.) Have you posted in The Green Dragon Inn or in The White Horse in Rohan? – YES – Which one? The Green Dragon Inn

NAME: Cedric Cotton

WEAPONS: A small hunting bow, knife and a walking stick made of sturdy oak.

APPEARANCE: Cedric is 2’8” in height and he is a little skinny. His hair is long, curly and darkblonde. His eyes are pure geen. He wears a darkgreen cape. He also wears a vest, red like blood, with gold markings on. Under the vest a white shirt. And regular pants that are darkgreen. He dont wear shoes.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Cedric is a hobbit who enjoys life very much, and likes to just lie in the hammock in his garden and read a good book. He doesnt have much to come with in physical strenght, yet he is very clever. And he is always trying to keep the spirit up around him and people around him, by telling jokes and encourage everyone else. He also have good charisma. But when it comes to danger he is very weak. He isnt very brave, but he can be brave when he really have to. His charisma is like fading when it comes to danger.

HISTORY: Cedric was born in Bywater and where raised by his parents in a good home the first 14 years of his life. Cedric have never been in danger and doesnt know anything about evil and darkness. One day when he Cedric were 14, his father drowned by an accident, he fell off his boat while he fished. His mother couldnt stand the sorrow and decided to move to Hobbiton. Cedric moved from his mother by the age of 32.

Fool Of A Took's post

Cedric hated the snow. He couldn't sleep or read in his hammock. He took up some snow in his hand and looked angry at it. He got the feeling to hit the snow, but he changed his mind as he realized it would look silly if he stood in his own garden hitting some snow. He sighed and threw it away. His face took a more sad shape when he noticed his flower bed. His flowers were all frozen and dead. He tried to brush the snow of the leaves. “Bah! I was going to plant new anyway!”, he thought.

He rose and brushed away some snow off his knees. He saw his neighbour, the hobbit lass Crystal Whitfoot. “Good day to you!” Cedric said and tried to smile. It was so cold that it was hard to smile. Crystal looked at him. “Good day Cedric!” Crystal said and waved. Cedric turned around and went into his hole. He sat down by the fireplace in his most comfortable armchair. He started thinking about yesterday. Why did I accept to join the others to go to Bree. As I think of it now, I would rather stay here. He drew a deep sigh. But its too late, I have already promised them. He took up his pipe and fell into his thoughts about the journey again.

--Fool Of A Took

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 7:01 AM January 11, 2004: Message edited by: Fool Of A Took ]
Old 01-10-2004, 12:09 PM   #20
Niluial
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Fool Of A Took - Your first post and character description are great! Welcome to Hunted [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]!

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 1:56 PM January 10, 2004: Message edited by: Niluial ]
Old 01-10-2004, 09:50 PM   #21
Teleri
Animated Skeleton

Teleri has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

1.) Have you ever played in an RPG at the Barrow Downs? – NO - Which one? none

2.) How many RPG’s on the Barrow Downs are you currently involved in? 0

List them, please:

NAME:Estelle Tunnelly (maiden name: Took )

RACE:Hobbit

WEAPONS: Bow and arrows, and a well placed stone.

APPEARANCE: Estelle was, as a girl, a beautiful bell, with raven hair, and a honeysuckle voice. Now, aproaching old age her hair is fading, and streaked with silver, but her voice only grew richer with age. She is considerabley thinner than she was, now that food is short, and hard times are upon her. She wears a simple brown dress, ruffled only at the end of the sleeve.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Despite difficult times, Estelle keeps a cheerful, and sometimes almost childlike countenance. As a child Estelle was adventurous as her Took heritage warned, but of late her biggest adventures are out to her garden to look for an improbable sprout in the frozen ground. Estelle has two great loves: collections, and children. She collects everything from pressed flowers or jewlery to books and musical intruments. Her toy collection is exceptionally large, and any hobbit lad or lass that has tea at old Mrs. Estelle Tunnelly's can expect a gift from a choice of excellent toys.

HISTORY: Estelle was born in the year 1107, Shire Reckoning. Her mother was a Chubb, and her father was a distant relation of Isumbras III. Estelle was raised in Tuckborough. She was the youngest of four siblings, and the only one to live past infancy. She spent much of her childhood helping her father make toys. She loved making dolls, and at ten she made some of the nicest sounding toy instruments in Tuckborugh. When she was a bit older Estelle longed to visit bree. It was on her sixteenth birthday that she finally found an excuse to go (there was a special toy order that her father could not deliver), and thus, she met Ban Tunnelly. Ban was a cook by trade, and a good one at that, and they fell in love and were married in the year 1129 , on the first day of Thrimidge. They lived in Bree for six year, but in their sixth year, Ban was killed in a wagon accident on the way home. Estelle left Bree soon after, and moved back in with her aging father, who died eight years later. Estelle continued her father's trade. Her humble hole became a shrine to the toy-craft, and she ascended gracefully into old age.

Teleri's post

The shire was stuck in perpetual winter, and the snow had long become monotonous to even the children. In a hobbit hole in Tuckborough, with a white frosted roof, a woman sat hard at work in her study. She was just beginning to leave middle age, and she wore a simple brown dress, who's only adornment was a ruffel on the end of each sleeve. Her mingled black and silvery hair was pulled back into a bun, to keep it out of her face, and tied with a rag. She was making a toy.

Ah...Two months of hard work, and now I am finished at last. Estelle slipped a tarneshed old whittling knife into its worn leather sheath, and set a toy ship on the table. She stepped back to admire the effect. A pale winter light shown through the round window in a beam. She had placed the miniature vessel directly in the light, and now its glossy paint shown and glittered, like a far off twinkling star. She could see clouds off dust faintly, and they looked like golden fog, wrapping round the mast playfully, then racing away from the narrow straight of light. The ship was made with caring detail, and even the tiny ropes were knotted just so.

This one will be for my own collection. Estelle laughed, as she imagined what what many of the hobbit-mothers near by would say if she had given a toy boat to their child.

Estelle stood to put the boat in its place, and winced. Her bones ached. Only her hands, and fingers had been spared this hurt of age. She was hungery as well. She could not afford to eat more than one meal a day, and that one not so lavishly as she might wish. Curse this long cold! She thought to herself. I hope this balsted ice melts tomorrow, and then if it is never Winter again it will be too soon! The weather did not only affect her. The children were starving, or freezing their toes off outside and catching cold. Many of Estelle's young friends were sick, and two were dead. Estelle frowned as she lifted her ship to its place on the shelf.

There was a knock on her door.

"Who is it?" she hollered, already clamoring to the door.

"It is..." she opened the door as Tom Bracegirdle finished saying, "Tom."

"Mister Bracegirdle! Come in this instant before your feet turn to ice cubes!"

The hall was not much warmer than outside, and the only fire lit was in the study, so that is where they went. Estelle was bustling about happily: a visitor was always cheering.

"Now then Mister Bracegirdle! Will you take some tea?" She asked brightly, putting the kettle on the fire. "It's a good brew, though I am afraid I have no good vittles to go with it..."

"Thank you, my good lady!" said Tom, now eyeing the newest addition to to Mrs. Tunnelly's toy collection: a miniature boat. He grinned at it mischievously.

Estelle, catching the reason of his smile, said, "Do you like it? I finished just a moment before you showed up."

"Why yes I-" he was not allowed to finish.

"Speaking of which," said Estelle, " you did not come out in this weather just to have tea with an old woman. Do you need anything?"

Tom had, infact come to recruite the help of Mrs. Tunnelly in an expedition to get supplies. But once again, he was not allowed to speak.

"Mister Bracegirdle," said Estelle, "I am beginning to grow worried. If the weather does not change soon, we will miss the planting season, and everyone will starve! Now I have been thinking about it for some time, sir, and I have an idea: we should go to Rivendell, and I am sure the elves will help us. Or even Bree! They have not been so sore in their luck as we."

"Well Mrs. Tunnelly, I should have known you would want to be in on this..."

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 2:08 AM January 11, 2004: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 01-11-2004, 02:27 AM   #22
Niluial
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Estelle Tunnelly - Your character description and first post are beautiful! I would love to have you play in Hunted.

Wow we only need one more character!
~Niluial

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 3:33 AM January 11, 2004: Message edited by: Niluial ]
Old 01-12-2004, 01:40 PM   #23
Niluial
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Gorbadic- Welcome to Hunted! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-12-2004, 02:22 PM   #24
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Orofaniel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orofaniel
Ring

Looks like a fun game.. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

1.) Have you ever played in an RPG at the Barrow Downs? – YES, Hunt for the Dragon, C&C, Flight from Rohan, Setting Sails (co-owned that one),

2.) How many RPG’s on the Barrow Downs are you currently involved in? 2

List them, please: Breelanders All! And Last Hope of Moria, which is starting soon...

3.) Have you posted in The Green Dragon Inn or in The White Horse in Rohan? – YES, the Green Dragon...Long ago, though..

NAME: Daisy Waggot

WEAPONS: None in specific, except the little knife she bears in her apron. She also wears a needle in her hand, which can be used as a weapon, under certain circumstances.

APPEARANCE: Daisy has brown flashy eyes. They are quite small, but noticeable, because of the great sparkle they bear when she's happy. Her hair is short and wavy. It's chocolate brown, with the slight of gold in it. He smile is wide, and her cheeks often wear small red roses in them. Daisy is as short as any Hobbit, while her feet are big.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Daisy is a very positive young woman. She always tries to see the better side of something that's originally negative. She likes to encourage people around her, and in most situations she is successful. There are some times, though, where even Daisy loose her faith wants to give up, but she usually manages to concentrate about the positive and move on. Daisy is a very talkative person, maybe too talkative at times. She enjoys gardening and singing.

One of Daisy’s weaknesses is that she often takes things that aren’t personal, rather meant as jokes, personal. She gets upset, but look at the bright side; she easily forgets the whole thing afterwards.

HISTORY: Daisy has lived all her life in the Shire, together with her parents in a small Hobbit Hole. Her two sisters are married and don’t live with them anymore.

Daisy has been helping her parents for a long time now, (they are quite old) she cooks for them, do the necessary things in the house etc. Daisy, however loves the Hobbit hole, and the love for her parents is unique. She would do everything to make them comfortable and happy.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Orofaniel's post

Daisy closed the door behind her as the wind blew coldly in her hair. She shivered so she tightened her coat around her waist. The snowflakes were falling down as light feathers, but as cold as the icy waters. She walked out of the small gate from the garden. It had once been the prettiest garden in the area, because of the blooming flowers in every colour. It hadn't been like that for a long time, Daisy thought and sighed. Even during summer the snow had been there, and there hadn't been much "gardening" on daisy lately. The only thing you could see now was some stick with ice sticking up to the surface, but no flowers.

Most of, or all the crops in the back yard had also been frozen away and died.

Suddenly Daisy realised that she was standing face to face with Melody Took. Melody's beautiful hazel eyes were looking at Daisy as she greeted her.

"What brings you here?" Daisy asked curiously while she gave a short laugh. Melody laughed as well, and smiled.

"Well, actually...." She started narrowing her eyes. "Since it has been such a long winter...and since there isn't much food left, it has been suggested that group of Hobbits should get to Rivendell to get food and supplies. You know, the crops all over the shire are gone…died…." She said and looked anxious at Daisy. "Even your beautiful garden is covered in snow and ice..." She said finally looking down on the ground.

"Oh....I would live to come" Daisy exclaimed. "I would love to do something for the Shire...to bring food and supplies from Rivendell ...and too the Hobbits!" She continued, her sparks in her eyes were not to be overseen.

"Yes, that's....understandable." Melody said and shrugged. "But that is also one of the problems...."She continued. "You see...there was a meeting where Tom gathered the Hobbits that would be needed for the journey. He told me and Ivy that we should prepare the food they needed for the journey and so on. But when we asked if we could come, something we both were hoping for, he said no." Melody said with a heavy sigh. It was obvious that she wanted to come as well, and not be shut out like that.

"Oh….I see." Daisy said and blushed. "So, you want me to help or...." Daisy continued, her face now turning into her normal colour again.

"Well, you could help me and Ivy with the supplies the Hobbits need for the journey. I guess...." She said doubtfully. She eyed the disappointment in Daisy's eyes, and smiled: "Well, we could ask Tom again!" She suggested. "First time it was only me and Ivy, but no you'll be there too. So we'll be more and stronger!” She said enthusiastically.

Daisy straightened her back and smiled as well. She thought it was a splendid idea, and she thought for herself that this wasn't an opportunity to throw away. She had to try....

Okay, I hope that was Okay. I didn't have much time to write it....anyway, just tell me if it need changes.
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 01-12-2004, 02:40 PM   #25
Niluial
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Orofaniel - What a wonderful description and first post, perfect for the game! Welcome to Hunted! Great to have you here [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

~Niluial
Old 01-12-2004, 03:22 PM   #26
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

FINAL ACCEPTED CHARACTER LIST:

MALE HOBBITS:
  • 1.) Hob Bolger – dragoneyes
  • 2.) Merrimac Headstrong – Elentari Greenleaf
  • 3.) Gorbadic Willow – Gorbadic
  • 4.) Cedric Cotton – Fool of a Took

~*~

FEMALE HOBBITS:
  • 1.) Estelle Tunnelly - Teleri
  • 2.) Daisy Waggot - Orofaniel
Old 01-12-2004, 03:26 PM   #27
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Niluial

Please place a list, by name of player, here on the Discussion Thread showing me the order in which you want the players posts placed.

I can do this very late tonight (BD time - I have to work this evening).

Then tell me when you want the Game Thread opened.

And please PM each player to let them know then, when the RPG will start.

Thanks!

~*~ Pio
Old 01-12-2004, 03:59 PM   #28
Niluial
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Here is my post order:

1. Niluial
2. Gorbadic
3. Phervasaion
4. Elentari
5. Teleri
6. Fool Of A Took
7. dragoneyes
8. Orofaniel
9. ElenCala Isil

I would like the game to be opened 16th of January 2004.

~Niluial
Old 01-16-2004, 09:33 AM   #29
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

The Eye

Hunted is now open for play.

Please read the all the first posts now on board then go ahead and write a post for the game.

A couple of ideas:

You could comment on Tom's treatment of Melody, and wonder how in Arda you are going to get along with this temperamental fellow who is supposed to lead you.

You could also reflect on hard it will be to travel in this cold, horrid weather, and there may not be supplies enough to last you the whole way - after all, you can't take too much food from Tuckburrough - there just isn't that much.

Just a couple of thoughts!

Have fun!

Pio, Game Moderator

And please remember:

Remove your signature from EVERY post to the game
Old 01-16-2004, 10:32 AM   #30
Gorbadic
Pile O'Bones

Gorbadic has just left Hobbiton.
Boots

I posted just now. And i took off the signature. Now ill just wait for someone else to post. My post I think was ok, i guess.
Old 01-16-2004, 11:58 AM   #31
Niluial
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tolkien

Thanks Pio!

I will post in the RPG asap... it should be up in a few hours!

~Niluial
Old 01-16-2004, 12:33 PM   #32
ElentariGreenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

ElentariGreenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Edited by me, Elentari. I like to confuse people.

Just to make this a proper post: I'll post sometime tomorrow hopefully. You can all shout at me if i forget to post!

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 5:51 PM January 16, 2004: Message edited by: ElentariGreenleaf ]
Old 01-16-2004, 01:42 PM   #33
Phervasaion
Shade of Carn Dûm

Phervasaion has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I usually write in the past tense (because I think its easyer) but if anyone wants me to change i would be more than happy to.
Old 01-16-2004, 02:59 PM   #34
Niluial
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Greetings All Players,

Yes I think it is a good idea we all write in the same tense. I think we should go for past tense seeing it is the most used tense. Ok so from now past tense only posts, please.

Another thing would you guys like a basic game plot timetable. Is it a good idea Pio, or isn’t it necessary?

Best Wishes,
Niluial
Old 01-16-2004, 03:06 PM   #35
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

It might be helpful [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

What do the players think?

~*~ Pio
Old 01-16-2004, 03:13 PM   #36
Fool Of A Took
Haunting Spirit

Sting

I think its a good idea. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] As Pio said, it might be helpful!

Cheers!

--Fool Of A Took

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 4:13 PM January 16, 2004: Message edited by: Fool Of A Took ]
Old 01-16-2004, 03:20 PM   #37
Niluial
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Boots

Well then a plot timetable is on its way, just after I finish my second post!

~Niluial [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 01-16-2004, 06:35 PM   #38
Teleri
Animated Skeleton

Teleri has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

That would certainly help! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

My post should be up shortly...
Old 01-17-2004, 04:31 AM   #39
Niluial
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

Please note that the dwarves haven’t warned the hobbits about the Wargs and orc troops so according to the Hobbits they are still setting out to Rivendell.

Well here is the Game Plot… I hope it is ok. If any of you have problems with it or would like to add anything please feel free to PM me.

First Meeting (Done)

Dwarves warn the group
  • Ivy Burrows (ElenCala Isil) finds out from dwarves about the hungry Orc troops and Wargs, she then tells Melody.
  • Other player’s posts can be about feelings and worry. You could be excited, nervous, scared anything really.

Emergency meeting
  • Ivy and Melody call an emergency meeting but no one knows what this meeting is about (not even Tom).
  • So I will need posts about this. How are you feeling about this sudden change. I will need arguments too. Whether or not to go on the journey at all.
  • Then at this meeting it is decided that they will set out to Bree instead.

Going Away Party
  • The night before the hobbits set out family and loved ones will throw a small farewell party. Only small because of food supplies.

Hobbit set out to Bree

Journey There
  • Being followed by Wargs.
  • Other dangers can be made up on the way there.

The Arrival at Bree
  • Collect food and other needed supplies.

Set out from Bree
  • Now remember they have wagons of food, which will weigh them down. Maybe we could have posts of complaints etc.

Spotting of Orcs

The Orc Battle
  • Many will die.
  • Only a few will survive.

Home sweet home
  • The few survivors make it home with the needed supplies so it’s a bittersweet arrival.

~Niluial [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 5:40 AM January 17, 2004: Message edited by: Niluial ]
Old 01-17-2004, 04:48 AM   #40
Fool Of A Took
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Great! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] This will be fun!

Cheers!

--Fool Of A Took [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]