The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-11-2020, 09:32 AM   #921
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
I remember you backed off the Legate suspicion but I didn't remember you suspected Eönwë. Sorry, my bad about that one. The Boro and Brinn thing though, it really just adds to my general unease about some fairly commonly suspected names floating around in the lynch discussion yesterDay but garnering scarcely any votes. Why did you, for instance, vote Sally and not Eönwë, or Boro or Brinn? Had you done that as soon as you started voicing your misgivings about the Sally lynch, there might have been an actual option to lynch someone else.
I've already explained and also mea-culpa-ed on this. See my post 905.
Old 05-11-2020, 09:41 AM   #922
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quickly skimming through toDay again...

...to see if people have already addressed issues I raised in my vote analysis post.

I'm somewhat worried to see that the timestamp of Zil's megapost against me is 8 minutes past the deadline. He spent the Night building an attack against me. I can't feel very good about this - even if given the amount of suspicion he's under, he could probably quite sure about his continued survival as an innocent too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottie
If I was a wolf, I would have been trying an awful lot harder to swing the vote Zil's direction, because I would have known for sure that Sally actually was the Hunter, and there would have been no motivation for me to lynch her. I voted for her because I thought there was an actual chance she was a wolf. If I really wanted to vote somewhere else, I could have pushed for Zil, who had also been suspected. In my opinion, the fact that there was no coherent alternative at all should speak to the idea that the people in Sally's crosshairs were not evil.
I'm still not sure why you were so convinced Sally would hunt you. Dare I say the p-word here? Hunters vote their hunt pick sometimes, but just as often they don't. I am somewhat thinking on the opposite lines to you here. Why indeed did no one really press the lynch towards Zil (or Boro, or Brinn - all three quite widely suspected)? Is that ecause they were somebody's packmates? (Not talking about Lottie here. I don't really suspect her, and she seemed to be fairly convinced Sally was a wolf until the last minutes.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith
For the same reason Legate did (we actually cross-posted) I got freaked out by the fact she didn't say who she was hunting. Up til then I'd been waiting on an agreed alternative to sally.
Coulda, woulda, shoulda.....Shoulda just voted earlier for Eonwe. Not sure if it would have helped though. Zil was coming up as an alternative with a lot of people but I didn't really feel enthused by that alternative bandwaggon - I felt similar about him as I had about Mac - couldn't quite see what all the fuss and suspicion was about.
Okay, I see this answers a question I had to Lalaith. I'm a bit unsure whether I buy it or not. It sounds genuine enough, but if Zil is innocent, then this could easily be Lalwolf admitting reluctance to get her hands bloody by voting him.

edit: xed with Lal, gotcha!
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 09:48 AM   #923
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Although Pitch - at the risk of sounding a hypocrite, why didn't you vote Eonwe earlier?
I should really have done that and hoped somebody would follow suit - both Legate and Rune seemed interested, not sure whether there would have been enough others to save sally. I just waited too long whether anybody else was going to suggest an alternative to sally that I could get behind, and then between refreshing and discussing what to do all of a sudden there were five more votes for sally in less than five minutes, and it was too late.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath re QT vote
That really will be interesting in terms of Brinn. We haven't really been able to tell whether it's the baddies pushing that name or not the past two Days, whereas toDay the innocents definitely control the vote.
Everybody sing along with me:

Dead innocents don't know anyone's role,
Dead innocents don't know anyone's role etc.

Which is to say, even though they're free of evil intentions, our beloved quarantined may still be wrong and the baddies can hijack a vote for a non-wolf.
Old 05-11-2020, 09:56 AM   #924
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
I remember you backed off the Legate suspicion but I didn't remember you suspected Eönwë. Sorry, my bad about that one. The Boro and Brinn thing though, it really just adds to my general unease about some fairly commonly suspected names floating around in the lynch discussion yesterDay but garnering scarcely any votes. Why did you, for instance, vote Sally and not Eönwë, or Boro or Brinn? Had you done that as soon as you started voicing your misgivings about the Sally lynch, there might have been an actual option to lynch someone else.
This is in response to Lal. Agreed, but there were quite a few others in the same boat. Who was still to vote after sally's reveal:

Lottie - 9.53
Lalaith - 9.55
Legate - 9.56 - known innocent
Shasta - 9.56
Brinn - 9.58
Rune - 9.58
Boro - 9.58
Mac - 9.58 - known innocent
Pitch - 9.59
(Lhuna - no vote)

The first vote after the reveal was Lottie's, half an hour after sally's vote, and that was with 7 minutes to go, and by the look of it almost every vote from then cross posted. Out of all 9 actual voters there, no one took the plunge of pushing forward another candidate fast enough. Very likely there are wolves who didn't want to be the first onto an alternative bandwagon who were watching the insanity with glee. But looking at the lateness of Legate and Mac's votes, who we now know were innocent, means not immediately throwing out an alternative doesn't automatically equal wolf.
Old 05-11-2020, 09:56 AM   #925
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
Actually, from what Lommy has said herself about her attitude towards the game, I could absolutely see a Lommywolf leading the charge and being entirely willing to take all the flack for it the following Day. What a great way to pull suspicion onto pretty much just one person. Even if she's lynched, if all the discussion has revolved around her and her actions at the end of yesterDay, it would surely leave fewer clues as to the identity of her fellow wolves.
The other important thing to consider here is, Lommy is a very good player who is very good at arguing for her innocence. If anyone could get away with encouraging the village to quarantine a Hunter who was very likely to take an innocent with her, it would be Lommy. With five wolves, I could see them agreeing that someone should be playing loud and bold, and that Lommy was the best person to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith View Post
Lommy my love - now this is too much. You seem to forget you were stomping all over the thread shouting at us about voting for Sally, we could barely get a word in edgeways!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Come on. I didn't force anyone to vote Sally yesterDay, yet most people still did. I don't have any magic manipulation powers. Yes, I was arguing quite vocally for lynching Sally. (Side note: so was Legate, a known innocent.) You guys could have let me yell at Sally alone and ignored me and voted for someone else. Yet you didn't. You can blame me for my decision that was bad in hindisight, but you can scarcely blame me for your own. The Sally lynch was not my doing alone, yet that narrative is very much being pushed. Do you know who benefit from that narrative? The wolves. Both the wolves who voted for Sally themselves, and even those who didn't, because it's making me an easy lynch candidate.
I'm with Lalaith here - it was very hard to think and plan around Lommy arguing that we should just quarantine Sally yesterDay. There wasn't another voice arguing with you, so we all just ended up quietly doing our own things without coordinating at all, and a lot of that (from what I remember) was just not being able to coordinate over you.

Quote:
I'm still not sure why you were so convinced Sally would hunt you. Dare I say the p-word here? Hunters vote their hunt pick sometimes, but just as often they don't. I am somewhat thinking on the opposite lines to you here. Why indeed did no one really press the lynch towards Zil (or Boro, or Brinn - all three quite widely suspected)? Is that ecause they were somebody's packmates? (Not talking about Lottie here. I don't really suspect her, and she seemed to be fairly convinced Sally was a wolf until the last minutes.)
If you pay attention to Sally's posts yesterDay (before the reveal), you'd notice that she really didn't have a nuanced suspicion list. She suspected me, Pitch, and Mac, as far as I can tell based pretty much just on gut feeling. I didn't get any sense from Sally that she had a deeper plan going on. I got the sense that she was too RL busy to have any hidden suspicions. And I had the feeling that I was absolutely going to be her pick, and that if I wasn't, it was going to be Pitch or Mac - two people who, at that point in time, I really didn't think were wolves. Turned out I was right - I was her pick until one minute before the deadline, and when she changed it, it was to another person who was very, very likely innocent.

Last edited by Loslote; 05-11-2020 at 09:56 AM. Reason: xed with Kath
Loslote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 10:00 AM   #926
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch
Which is to say, even though they're free of evil intentions, our beloved quarantined may still be wrong and the baddies can hijack a vote for a non-wolf.
Agreed, but we're at two baddies and five innocents, so the baddies can't have the same level of influence as before.
Old 05-11-2020, 10:11 AM   #927
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
A List

(and then I'm gonna take a short break because I've spent basically all day on this game, ugh)

Innocentish

Lottie - I don't like how she's been focusing on just me toDay, but I maintain that her last minute hunter panic, as well as her Huine vote, make her look more innocent than not.

Pitch - also looks very innocent thanks to his Huine vote. I mean I guess I could reconsider that, but not toDay.

Rune - I think the Legate kill makes him look very good, and there's nothing at the moment to make me second guess it.

Ish

Kath - nothing super sinister or super reassuring going on here. I got mildly suspicious of her being so non-committal yesterDay, but the Legate kill perhaps makes her look mildly better.

Greenie - I have got a lot more genuine vibe from her toDay than before, perhaps because she has been talking more openly about her emotions/ thought processes (frustration over having been wrong, admitting ignoring Sally's hunter hint because she suspected her etc). Still, her track record is about as terrible as mine, and it would be very ironic if we were BOTH innocent. I still don't like how she steered clear of the whole Huinescussion on Day2 though.

Boro - started the game weird, then started to sound like his normal innocent self. Explained this with meta reasons which I was ready to accept, thought him pretty innocent. However, his Mac vote is still a little concerning, as is the fact that like with Inzil (see below), the suspicion against him somehow seldom materialises as votes. I should probably reconsider my good feeling about him (which, to be entirely honest might partly be based on him not suspecting me) but I don't think I'm gonna do that toDay.

Lalaith - I keep flipflopping here. I still don't like her indecisive going with the flow yesterDay, and I think her Huine vote looks faily likely to be a wolf-on-wolf. But then again, could innocent Lal play this way? Absolutely.

THE Ka - still very much in her own bubble, which freaks me out a little. But is that enough reason to considering voting her? Ehhhh...

Shasta - mmmmhhh I still like him in regards to the Kit thing, and I like his independent thinking. But I don't like how he's now spent two days hovering around until the deadline and casting an absolutely meaningless vote. Talk about people who keep their hands clean. Possibly looks a tidbit better for the Legate kill though.

Suspiciousish

Lhuna - she is playing very safe and avoiding connections to most players. I don't like it.

Inzil - the next ??????? for me. I still don't like his Mac vote, and I don't like the way he's gunning for me right now, and I don't like how despite "everybody" suspecting him an actual zillynch has failed gaining traction repeatedly. Is it because a lot of the suspicion on him has been wolf-on-wolf? His weird vote yesterDay doesn't feel to wolvish though, and I am somewhat afraid he could be a very similarly misguided innocent as I have been. It would be all too ironic.

Brinniel - I am honestly quite puzzled how this game seems to orbit around her. She gets suspected, but never lynched. The evil QT have latched onto her (hopefully we'll learn more about that in three hours). If Legate had been considered seer, paranoid Brinn could have been behind that (just like with the Rikae kill, may I add). Everyone talks about her all the time but she is quite non-committal in her comments about people and keeps voting safely. Huine defended her in a striking way that could however be just as well wolf-on-wolf as wolf-on-innocent. If I would lynch anyone just to shed light on everybody's roles, I'd pick Brinn. But I'm not 100% she's a likely enough wolf that it's a good idea.

Eönwë - I can't quite put my finger on it, but my vibe of him in this game is very opportunistic and evasive, and he's been involved in several dodgy puddles (such as last minute voting in Huine-vs-Mac, or possibly his Sally vote yesterDay which I'd like to hear more about).

edit: xed with everyone
Old 05-11-2020, 10:23 AM   #928
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
No one but me has even looked at the Legate kill.
I haven't had a chance to look deeply into it, but I've thought about it and read your analysis.

Legate seems like another safe, boring kill since it seems he was widely presumed innocent. But then again, why wouldn't the wolves try seeking out the seer? Unless they wanted us to think they were targeting the seer or they were worried that targeting a seer could implicate one of them. But it seems too risky to not seek out the seer - the longer they remain alive, the bigger the risk they are to the wolves.

So maybe the wolves did think Legate was possibly a seer who dreamed of Hui. I do agree that if they did kill Legate for seer suspicions, then that does put Rune in a better light.
Old 05-11-2020, 10:24 AM   #929
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife
Everybody sing along with me:

Dead innocents don't know anyone's role,
Dead innocents don't know anyone's role etc.

No, they don't, but they have read Gal and Huine's interactions on the QT thread and know what lead them to pick Brinn yesterDay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
The first vote after the reveal was Lottie's, half an hour after sally's vote, and that was with 7 minutes to go, and by the look of it almost every vote from then cross posted. Out of all 9 actual voters there, no one took the plunge of pushing forward another candidate fast enough. Very likely there are wolves who didn't want to be the first onto an alternative bandwagon who were watching the insanity with glee. But looking at the lateness of Legate and Mac's votes, who we now know were innocent, means not immediately throwing out an alternative doesn't automatically equal wolf.
Yes, but Legate for instance was quite convinced of Sally's guilt. Mac wasn't.

I'm getting more and more convinced it is not in the innocents' interests for everyone to leave their votes to the last minute. (Why do you think I've voted earlier than I had to 2 days in a row?) Dudes, let's learn from our mistakes and spread out the votes a little toDay, so we have time to discuss and react to each other's votes. Please.

Quote:
The other important thing to consider here is, Lommy is a very good player who is very good at arguing for her innocence. If anyone could get away with encouraging the village to quarantine a Hunter who was very likely to take an innocent with her, it would be Lommy. With five wolves, I could see them agreeing that someone should be playing loud and bold, and that Lommy was the best person to do it.
Awwww, this warms my heart a little! But to be honest, I am a crappy and unhappy liar irl and it often shows in werewolf too *points at signature*

Quote:
I'm with Lalaith here - it was very hard to think and plan around Lommy arguing that we should just quarantine Sally yesterDay. There wasn't another voice arguing with you, so we all just ended up quietly doing our own things without coordinating at all, and a lot of that (from what I remember) was just not being able to coordinate over you.
Then the question you should ask is probably why was there not another voice arguing with me? Why did everyone keep discussing Sally? Like it's been said, she revealed 45min before the deadline. Not as much time as would be ideal, but certainly plenty. Did the discussion loop around Sally because both innocents who wrongly suspected Sally and wolves thought lynching Sally was a good course of action? Then who was who?

Last edited by Thinlómien; 05-11-2020 at 10:25 AM. Reason: "course of option" -> "course of action"
Old 05-11-2020, 10:33 AM   #930
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
I'm getting more and more convinced it is not in the innocents' interests for everyone to leave their votes to the last minute. (Why do you think I've voted earlier than I had to 2 days in a row?) Dudes, let's learn from our mistakes and spread out the votes a little toDay, so we have time to discuss and react to each other's votes. Please.
Or, so you and your mates have a little breathing room?

Quote:
Then the question you should ask is probably why was there not another voice arguing with me? Why did everyone keep discussing Sally? Like it's been said, she revealed 45min before the deadline. Not as much time as would be ideal, but certainly plenty. Did the discussion loop around Sally because both innocents who wrongly suspected Sally and wolves thought lynching Sally was a good course of action? Then who was who?
Ah, so it's the innocents' fault for listening to you?
Old 05-11-2020, 11:01 AM   #931
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
I can only know what I was thinking and feeling at the time, which was of course clouded by my knowing that if Sally really was the Hunter, I was probably in real danger of being hunted. But I was so confused and overwhelmed that whole time. I wasn't able to come up with a coherent argument. I flopped between "she's the Hunter, I am absolutely not voting her, I don't want to die!" and "there's no way, she's gotta be a wolf, we need to just quarantine her". I could imagine that you might have just decided to go with the second option and not even consider that she might have been the Hunter. I could also imagine that you knew for a fact that she wasn't a wolf. But you definitely weren't reacting the same way I was, and the fact that no one else was able to make a coherent argument, either, suggests to me that my reaction - being confused and overwhelmed - might have been a really common reaction to have.
Old 05-11-2020, 11:04 AM   #932
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Lottie - I don't like how she's been focusing on just me toDay, but I maintain that her last minute hunter panic, as well as her Huine vote, make her look more innocent than not.
You're not wrong about this, though. I'd like to see more from Boro, and while Zil sounds more innocent toDay, I haven't forgotten about him, either. I'll do a list in a minute here, because I do think there is a danger of letting the quieter players just slip right out of view.
Old 05-11-2020, 11:08 AM   #933
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Quote:
After yesterDay's fiasco I'd think what Lommy suggests here seems plain sense, not sure why you'd react so strongly to this.

Quote:
Ah, so it's the innocents' fault for listening to you?
There were a lot of other people involved in yesterDay's lynch beyond Lommy, so we could at least entertain the possibility that Lommy's initial suspicion of sally was innocent and some wolves picked it up and ran with it. Or would you rather lynch her now and worry about her guilt later?
I don't like this exclusive fixation on Lommy. If you think she's a wolf, who do you think are her packmates?

I actually think both Lommy and Lottie sound genuine to me. Taking a look at Brinn's and Greenie's posts from yesterDay right now.
Old 05-11-2020, 11:11 AM   #934
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE Ka
[RL – Sorry for the long bit of silence, helping grieving family is always difficult the second day when shock wears off. I have some more time today so I’ll be catching up further. Thank you everyone for your words, I appreciate all of you. As for the Game, again, regardless of role and what’s happening in our RL let’s keep playing as a sort of solace in the storm. [/RL]
THE Ka <3 <3 What a lovely way to put it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzil
Quote:
I have to say I'm with Lommy on this one. The last-minute scramble is a recipe for disaster, and also harder to analyse the next Day if everyone crossposts and votes in a hurry.

On a related note, I don't like the extent to which we are focusing on Lommy at the moment, and especially how Inzil has been pushing it since minutes into the start of the Day. Regardless of whether Lommyis a wolf or not, even regardless of whether we end up lynching her or not, we are only playing into the wolves' hands by focusing so heavily on one person. If Lommy is a wolf, she and her packmates are doing this on purpose to keep attention on her while the others sail by unnoticed (or are made to look better by crusading against her, *coughInzilcough*). She'd be more than capable of pulling off something like that, because, as Lottie said, she is a very good player and a better wolf than she gives herself credit for.

I'm off to have a quick look at Brinn now to try and figure out what on earth is going on there.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."

Last edited by A Little Green; 05-11-2020 at 11:12 AM. Reason: x-ed since Inzil's quoted post
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 11:14 AM   #935
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
No vote: Lhuna Not much to say about that, but speaking of her: don't look at her vote tally of yesterDay, it has several errors.
The several errors you speak of is where I removed sally and Mac's votes since they're no longer of consequence. Apart from that, our tallies are the same.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 11:23 AM   #936
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie
I have to say I'm with Lommy on this one. The last-minute scramble is a recipe for disaster, and also harder to analyse the next Day if everyone crossposts and votes in a hurry.
Which has definitely been the case toDay.

But, if we're talking about voting earlier, are we in fact going back to Legate's points from Day 1 again?! The poor thing must be rolling in his quarantine bed.
Old 05-11-2020, 11:24 AM   #937
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
After yesterDay's fiasco I'd think what Lommy suggests here seems plain sense, not sure why you'd react so strongly to this.
For my part, while I certainly don't want another last-minute panic, I would at least like to wait to see what the QTs have to say.
I haven't had time to do as much reading/analysis today as I wanted (busy at work). I've got various ideas of wolf combos floating about in my head but not enough time to sit down and plot them all in order to see if they stand up.
I feel still feel bad and somewhat dispirited about the shambles of yesterDay. Rune's term was "bummed out" and I know what he means.
So because I haven't had time to do new analysis toDay I haven't really moved on much from my suspect list of yesterDay. I could add Lommy on there - I admire her chutzpah toDay but I still think her behaviour was suspicious, particularly in her refusal to acknowledge the benefit of having HunterSally as a known innocent.
Old 05-11-2020, 11:29 AM   #938
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Eönwë's suspicion of me feels very opportunistic to me, while Pitchwife and Lottie's more organic and understandable. Granted, this might be partly because I have other reasons to think Lottie and Pitch innocent, but nothing in particular for Eönwë.
You've been on my suspicious list since Day 2.
Old 05-11-2020, 11:30 AM   #939
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Feeling good about:
I don't trust anyone this much right now.

Feeling okay about:
Pitch - Ever since his vote on Huin, I've felt pretty good about Pitch. He comes across as genuine. Also, I don't think Huin would have pushed that hard for the GLP thing if there was actually a wolf in it.
Kath - She's seemed engaged and helpful. I like what she has to say.
Rune - He's seemed more genuine lately, I feel okay about him at this point.
Shasta - He's done some things that are very innocent-looking, though he hasn't really gotten his hands dirty wolf-hunting yet, so I'm not going to fully trust him.

Feeling nothing about:
Lalaith - She feels very neutral to me. I haven't seen anything that jumps out as suspicious, but if she turned out to be a submarine wolf, I wouldn't be shocked, either.
Brinn - Brinn doesn't strike me as especially suspicious, but with all the controversy around her, I can't say that I have a strong sense of her alignment one way or the other.

Feeling dubious about:
Greenie - She's flown right under my radar somehow, but I think she's been extremely helpful without actually pushing the village in any particular direction, which makes me feel a little uneasy. I don't have her at the top of my suspicion list, but I can't say that I trust her at all.
Lhuna - She's been very quiet, which I can't exactly blame her for, but I haven't seen any proof that I can trust her, either.
Eönwë - I don't have much of a read at all, but he does feel like he could possibly be a submarine wolf.
THE Ka - I don't trust her, but I don't have super solid reasons to suspect her, just a feeling.

Feeling bad about:
Zil - I've felt better about him toDay, but I can't ignore the timing of his vote or the weird behavior yesterDay, in particular how he wasn't adding any new suspicions after his Mac vote, which just felt like a way for a wolf to avoid tying himself to his packmates.
Lommy - Her gleeful attitude at the deadline yesterDay feels too different from how I and others were feeling for me to think we're coming at this game from the same perspective. I also find it suspicious that she almost completely ignored Boro yesterDay in favor of focusing on Sally and Zil. I understand she had other reasons to suspect them, but to just not mention Boro at all seems like they might be packmates.
Boro - I've been suspicious of Boro for Days now, and his vote for Mac looks pretty bad. I also don't at all like that he asked me how I was able to convince Sally - to me, that reads a wolf whose pack decided I probably wasn't the Seer, but who really wanted to prod a little to be sure.

Last edited by Loslote; 05-11-2020 at 11:31 AM. Reason: xed with Eonwe, also realized I didn't finish Eonwe or Ka
Loslote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 11:30 AM   #940
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
(Sorry for delay, my work suddenly decided to have a conference call with all mgmt. and our tribe on gradually reopening businesses)

Quote:
Agreed, but we're at two baddies and five innocents, so the baddies can't have the same level of influence as before.
yesterDay:

Quote:
Huh. QT votes for Brinn again. Do they actually want Brinn lynched, or are they repeating yesterDay's vote as a way to refuse to give us anything from Huin to guess about?
Having a chance to go back and begin reading everything that happened near DL yesterDay, I'm agreeing with Lottie's observation. I know we've joked about the repetitive QT vote, but I highly doubt we're going to see a vote like this to cover for anyone toDay. If Brinn is still in the suspicion for being a wolf and 'protected' by the dismissal of the QT as Zil pointed out yesterDay, I just don't see it swinging that way a third time. If anything for suspicion on Brinn, it will either allow them to return to a safe spot to hide or force them to be more forward.

Like Kath has said, it's the level of influence. Huin and G55, whatever they may be saying toDay in the QT, it's a fair assumption that Legate is going to be interested in what they were trying to cover from Huin previously. It also makes me suspicious that the wolves are going to be interested in waiting for the QT vote as well so we may see a last minute push of their preferred bandwagon.

It made me want to go back to Legate's #740:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote
Huh. QT votes for Brinn again. Do they actually want Brinn lynched, or are they repeating yesterDay's vote as a way to refuse to give us anything from Huin to guess about?
I think they are doing this to give us no info, plus potentially even discourage us from it (depending what Brinn is). Anyway, clearly messing with us in some way, that's for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
I don't know what I expected.

That makes me want us to leave Brinn alone for toDay, not that I was keen to vote her right now anyway.
Breeeeep. Disagreed. I'd almost be tempted to shove it in the QT's face and vote her. But let's think about this for a sec.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil
There's no way to know. Brinn could easily be a wolf they're voting for just because they know we won't trust the QT.
Yes, this is one, fairly plausible, option, in my opinion.
From this we glean that Legate highly suspected the Brinn QT vote to be a cover, give us no information, and was almost tempted to do the opposite and vote for Brinn (which if there was some earlier plan before Hui ended up in QT to collaborate between the two threads to not give info and save Brinn, it would potentially force the wolves to decide quickly whether to abandon their current bandwagons to save Brinn or be forced to give her up.) A frantic situation like that two hours before DL could glean a lot of leads on potential wolves.
I know before when G55 had made the fake-vote idea, Legate mainly was interested in it due to this similar effect of disarming wolf-planning suddenly.
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 11:32 AM   #941
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

I would also put Shasta on my 'watch' list. For the reasons, (ironically enough) that Lommy states in her recent analysis.

I still feel I haven't got any kind of handle on Lhuna, Ka and, to some extent, Kath.
Which probably means they are all brilliant wolves.
Old 05-11-2020, 11:33 AM   #942
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
But, if we're talking about voting earlier, are we in fact going back to Legate's points from Day 1 again?! The poor thing must be rolling in his quarantine bed.
I mean, now that we know the majority of the QT is innocent it might actually be sensible to vote early, since that means that known innocents can magnify a vote that they believe to be for someone evil (of course, there may be enough misdirection from the Evils to throw it off, but we can hope...).
Old 05-11-2020, 11:49 AM   #943
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Just came across this in my Greenie reread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green #710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Greenie's main suspects in her list (outside of Brinn and me) are Sally and Inzil, who are pretty much universally suspected by everyone, it seems, so that's a fairly safe thing to do.

The rest of her posts toDay all seem fair and helpful, though the explanation of her vote to Legate seems a bit wolfish. Wolves pre-think how their votes can be made to sound all reasonable before the Day starts, and I get a bit of that vibe there.
That's what I thought too. Lots of Greenie's posts have been "safe" that way.
What can I say? Sally and Inzil both cast votes that look like they could have been motivated by trying to save Huin, both bring this up themselves in a fairly shifty way, and neither of their interactions with Huin contradicts a read of them as fellow wolves. Sally didn’t interact with Huin at all and has played generally safe and uncontroversial, while Inzil brought up an obvious Ranger slip, and was suspected by Huin on both days in a way that would just pass for safe wolf-on-wolf. I’d say both have fairly strong cases against them, so I’m not surprised if they are “pretty much universally suspected”.
Looks fair enough at first sight, but would look even fairer if you hadn't used sally's 'safe suspect choices' as a point against her in #621. Double standard much?

Last edited by Pitchwife; 05-11-2020 at 11:50 AM. Reason: fixed quote formatting
Pitchwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 11:52 AM   #944
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

I also agree with Greenie that the tunnel-vision on Lommy. While I agree that she's very suspicious and is one of my top vote picks for the Day (along with Boro and Zil), it definitely seems to have eased pressure on others (so that they don't have to defend themselves), and has almost certainly given cover for Infectors to attack (or defend in theory, but I don't think I've seen anyone do this) a possible packmate (i.e. Lommy) - they can just blend in with the crowd in this.

edit: x-ed with Pitch
Old 05-11-2020, 11:52 AM   #945
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
I was just poking her a bit. Voting earlier really isn't a problem for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
I mean, now that we know the majority of the QT is innocent it might actually be sensible to vote early, since that means that known innocents can magnify a vote that they believe to be for someone evil (of course, there may be enough misdirection from the Evils to throw it off, but we can hope...).
This would be most workable if everyone here voted before the QT DL. I'm not sure all could manage it.

x/d with Pitch and Steve
Old 05-11-2020, 11:53 AM   #946
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
This would be most workable if everyone here voted before the QT DL. I'm not sure all could manage it.
@Cuties If I was going to vote right now, I would vote for one of:

+- Boro
+- Lommy
Old 05-11-2020, 11:55 AM   #947
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

I'll do this, then, for the QT:

+-Lommy
or
+-Brinn
Old 05-11-2020, 11:55 AM   #948
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Quote:
I'm getting more and more convinced it is not in the innocents' interests for everyone to leave their votes to the last minute.
I agree. Let's start the ball rolling. (Also getting this out there before I fall back to sleep again. )

++EÖNWË

My suspicion of him based on his voting pattern stands.

If Lommy and/or Boro are wolves, then their longevity as a pack would be better served by having a couple of relatively submarine packmates. And while I'm still convinced they're both suspicious, this village has so far had the bad habit of lynching those who are in the middle of the controversy of the Day who more often than not turn out to be innocent, and I'm sick of imagining the wolves cackling to themselves as they watch. Also, giving both of them one more Day and Night's worth of scrutiny should yield something a little bit more concrete.

i'm also not convinced about how Lommy explained that killing Legate as a possible Seer places Rune in a good light. I don't think Legate would have been that vocal about dreaming of him if he were the Seer.

Last edited by Lhunardawen; 05-11-2020 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Said "so far" twice, it irks me
Old 05-11-2020, 12:00 PM   #949
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

For the QT, my suspicions haven't really changed, because neither person has done anything to make me feel better about them.

+-Inzil
or
+-Lhuna
Old 05-11-2020, 12:03 PM   #950
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Well, even if not everyone gets to vote, they could show that they support a specific vote candidate by strengthening a specific vote of someone who has already voted.

In any case, it's not certain I'll be here for the DL, so:

++Boro

edit: x-ed with Kath and a vote for me.
Old 05-11-2020, 12:06 PM   #951
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen View Post
The several errors you speak of is where I removed sally and Mac's votes since they're no longer of consequence. Apart from that, our tallies are the same.
Ah, I didn't see you did that on purpose. But you also put Sally's reveal in the wrong place chronologically. (Before Zil's vote when it was actually after.)

Inzil's #930, then backing off immediately when people question it seems rather glaringly evil to me. If his intent was to "poke" me like he says, why back off before I have had a chance to reply?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë
You've been on my suspicious list since Day 2
I know, and it doesn't make me any less suspicious of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzil
Interesting suggestion. Not obviously for toDay - I feel like it's a little too late, given that the qt vote is quite likely already in full swing. We don't want them to make a hurried last minute vote either. But doing this, however counterintuitive it may sound, *would* mean giving the power over a tie to a known innocent (unless the innocents in the qt are terribly disorganised and let Huine and Gal take advantage of it).

If we're doing a fake vote (again, not a bad idea but a bit late maybe), then I'll add a

+-Inzil

edit: help, xed with two actual votes and a bunch of other stuff!
Old 05-11-2020, 12:10 PM   #952
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Since I don't know if I'll get back before the end of the Day, here is my list:

Evil
Boro
Zil
Lommy

Unsure, leaning evil
Lalaith
Rune

Unsure, neutral
Shasta
Lhuna

Unsure, leaning good
THE Ka
Lottie
Brinn
Pitch
Kath
Greenie

edit: x-ed with Lommy
Old 05-11-2020, 12:10 PM   #953
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Sorry as my two posts were split and also probably not making my intentions clear enough for the cuties. :-)

I could vote Eonwe, Brinn, or Boro, (same as my suspect list of yesterday) and could also be persuaded to Lommy and even Shasta. (for easons see my posts above)
Sorry that is a rather messy list but I make more sense at weekends when I'm not at work and have more time!
Btw I was skim-reading as much as I could, looking for stuff Legate had said that could have made the wolves think he was a Seer.
I didn't find anything precise but i did find this: he pointed out that Hui's saving of Brinn looked wolfy. That makes me feel better about voting Brinn, particularly as Hui was a first-time and therefore possibly not very tricksy wolf.
Old 05-11-2020, 12:15 PM   #954
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
i'm also not convinced about how Lommy explained that killing Legate as a possible Seer places Rune in a good light. I don't think Legate would have been that vocal about dreaming of him if he were the Seer.
Do you then disagree that Legate was killed for looking like a seer? If not, who do you think they thought he dreamed of?

The two first votes are interesting. Lhuna goes for yet another not-so-popular pick, but given how she acknowledges this in her reasoning, I can't really disagree. I mean we must have at least a few wolves who are quiet and steering clear of controversy, unless the remaining pack is Brinn-Zil-Boro-Lottie, which I quite refuse to believe.

Eönwë goes for Boro, which is consistent with his earlier suspicions. But Eönwë, if you have time to clarify at any point - why Boro and not me or Zil? As far as I can see you didn't specify before which one of us your top suspects is the most suspicious to you and why.
Old 05-11-2020, 12:19 PM   #955
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
If we're doing this early fake voting, my preference would be +-Inzil.
Old 05-11-2020, 12:31 PM   #956
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Quote:
Do you then disagree that Legate was killed for looking like a seer? If not, who do you think they thought he dreamed of?
The most Seerish thing Legate did that stood out to me was encouraging a vote for Hui and looking for support. I think it's more likely he would stick his neck out, as we see in hindsight, to point out a wolf than an innocent, like he would have done with Rune on Day 1 in your scenario.

I say this because I've been thinking Rune might be another submarine wolf. Given that I suspect you, this could be a way for you to use a Seer-candidate's words to keep others from taking a closer look at Rune. And it bothers me that at least a couple of people have agreed with you about him.

Last edited by Lhunardawen; 05-11-2020 at 12:32 PM. Reason: bolding names
Old 05-11-2020, 12:36 PM   #957
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
The most Seerish thing Legate did that stood out to me was encouraging a vote for Hui and looking for support. I think it's more likely he would stick his neck out, as we see in hindsight, to point out a wolf than an innocent, like he would have done with Rune on Day 1 in your scenario.

I say this because I've been thinking Rune might be another submarine wolf. Given that I suspect you, this could be a way for you to use a Seer-candidate's words to keep others from taking a closer look at Rune. And it bothers me that at least a couple of people have agreed with you about him.
Well I would assume the seer to leave some clue about his known innocents, should he die without getting to reveal. I somewhat assumed everyone would at least consider this, but I see now that everyone doesn't. Unless you're a wolf who is trying to discredit innocent Rune because you might need him as a lynch option later?
Old 05-11-2020, 12:41 PM   #958
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Quote:
looking for stuff Legate had said that could have made the wolves think he was a Seer.
I didn't find anything precise but i did find this: he pointed out that Hui's saving of Brinn looked wolfy. That makes me feel better about voting Brinn, particularly as Hui was a first-time and therefore possibly not very tricksy wolf.
I'm getting really tempted to honour Legate's theory from the post I previously quoted, especially the new ratio in the QT now.

Quote:
I'm going to have to ask the same Lhuna. Choosing him appears to be they were having a hunch on his role due to his relative safety and insights? If so, why not Pitch who was in tandem with him at points during the Huin vote. Or do you think he was chosen out of pressure and because of starting the Huin vote they thought he had some additional role insight?
Granted we've had issues with gifted roles revealing here and there, but Legate was pretty solid 'stop talking about it, the wolves can see' and agreeing with Pitch's reminder that the cobbler and innocents in QT don't have some magical reveal any more than we do on exactly who is what.

Just refreshed and I see x'ed with everyone. Sorry.
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 12:41 PM   #959
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Quote:
Well I would assume the seer to leave some clue about his known innocents, should he die without getting to reveal. I somewhat assumed everyone would at least consider this, but I see now that everyone doesn't. Unless you're a wolf who is trying to discredit innocent Rune because you might need him as a lynch option later?
Differing Seer tactics, I guess. I certainly wouldn't single one person out as innocent on Day 1.
Old 05-11-2020, 12:47 PM   #960
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
For Cutie purposes (even if a bit last minute) -

+- Inzil

Wouldn't be opposed to Boro, Brinn or Lhuna either.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote