The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-19-2006, 11:42 AM   #681
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Kitanna - I've just read through your analysis and one thing struck me, while it was very good, you seemed to be assuming that the wolves knew each other. I don't think this is the case.
Old 05-19-2006, 11:48 AM   #682
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Okay, I haven't read anything after post 672 except Valier's posts as I wanted to read what she had to say before I vote for her to see if I could be persuaded and I state that I am not!

Her day one and two behavior was consistent with my general impression of her and she took a drastic switch on day 3 and has remained consistently wolfish since. It seems to make perfect sense that she was converted on that night and underwent a physical and emotional change with it. I would imagine it would be difficult to switch alliegences and I expect that we can use that to help us find other converted wolves. I believe we that at least two of the three originals are gone so now we need to find those whose behavior patterns shift. Caran is another notable figure but Valier is the most notable ergo I vote

++Valier

Would a guilty Lommy defend Valier or would a guilty Lommy defend an innocent Valier? Dependent upon what we find out if Valier is lynched those questions need to be addressed.
Old 05-19-2006, 11:50 AM   #683
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sleepy Ranger has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Pipe

Argh! Time differences are making it very hard for me to keep up with this game. Of course I don't plan to drop out, just don't expect me to seem sane or make the right choice always. However, one vote could always prove the difference so yeah, I shall stick around.
Old 05-19-2006, 11:54 AM   #684
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mormegil

It seems to make perfect sense that she was converted on that night and underwent a physical and emotional change with it. I would imagine it would be difficult to switch alliegences
If only this were true....I find it harder to be innocent!!! I made a serious decision to go gungho and attempt to help the village in a big way by bringing them who I think is the EW, but if Roa is indeed an Ordo I will have to back off from these "games" for awhile, for I decided this time to infact go with my gut absolutely and not quell. Time will tell how this will work for me.
Old 05-19-2006, 11:56 AM   #685
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
But morm - as I said to Kitanna just now, how would Lommy know if Valier were innocent or guilty unless Lommy were the EW?
Old 05-19-2006, 11:59 AM   #686
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Diamond, Day 3
1st post - Mostly in character, which is odd since on Day 2 she told Glirdan that the time had come to move past that.

2nd - Believes that the wolves know who each other are, see reasoning here.
Finds morm's case against Eomer interesting, points out that Eomer may be the GW

3rd - Thinks that anyone stressing that the wolves do not know each other is likely a wolf.

4th - Overview of Loki and Nogrod
Points out people who agreed with her about Loki- this could be a tactic to hide in the crowd, as it were
Decides to ignore the posts of phantom and SPM
Says she post her ideas about this later.
The rest of it is here
5th - comes up with opinion on previous post based on assumption that wolves know each other. It seems that she wants us to really go along with this theory and points us in that direction.

6th - Asks other people to analyze those that stressed the wolves do not know each other.

7th - Uses a post by Nogrod to state that the wolves must know each other.

8th - Nonsense response to Jenny for accusing her of cluttering the village with weird theories (which she is)
Decides to back off her theory about the wolves knowing each other
Says she doesn't want to vote for Eomer, Alcarillo, and Celuien.
Says she might vote for Fea
Says the worst person in her view is Zali

9th - Votes Zali

10th - Response to Kitanna's suspision, wonders if EW decided to take advantage of families not voting for each other

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen

Last edited by Roa_Aoife; 05-19-2006 at 12:40 PM. Reason: changing Gurthang to Glirdan
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 12:10 PM   #687
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith
Kitanna - I've just read through your analysis and one thing struck me, while it was very good, you seemed to be assuming that the wolves knew each other. I don't think this is the case.
I'm aware of that and I'm taking both options into consideration when I vote. There's a chance the wolves know which would single out some people, but it's more likely they do not know which makes things much harder.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:14 PM   #688
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I'm getting caught up but I wanted to comment on on post 673 by Kitanna...no not on its unusual length but rather on it's case against Valier. Kitanna does a nice job sumarising the ongoing suspicions I've had of her. Kitanna seems to be most insightful today and is most likely innocent based on that. Roa also brought up good points about Diamond in the previous post but I"m still more convinced of Valier than any other currently.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:16 PM   #689
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith
But morm - as I said to Kitanna just now, how would Lommy know if Valier were innocent or guilty unless Lommy were the EW?
Lalaith but you are operating under the assumption that the wolves don't know each other but I'm not entirely sure that's the case. It could well be true but there are ways they could know each other and not have the EW reveal him/herself.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:30 PM   #690
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa
This seems slightly hypocritical of Diamond since she's known for her attitude, and my lore books say that it's gotten her lynched before.
Actually, I've never been lynched. I've just been the runner up on several occasions.

My personal view of Loki was that he was malicious -- from the get-go (this means, before the death of Elempi). I hope my general behavior towards people here isn't malicious, though I suppose when I come up against a person I think is really bad news, I can get a little single minded in my opposition. You have never held the same opinion about him as I have -- I get that, so, oh well.

Anyway, you are quite the trooper for analyzing my posts, so I can't say much else about the devil's advocate view. I just thought I'd respond to the way I seemed to be attacking the pooooor innocent newbie -- who started spitting on us as soon as he appeared.

Oh -- I don't think I told Gurthang the time for roleplaying was past -- though I do remember making some kind of comment to Glirdan to that effect. I don't mean people should drop roleplaying altogether, I just don't think it should have any bearing on the votes (i.e. not voting for family) now that we have more to go on. I think that roleplaying is a part of the game, which I've said, oh, many times.

Hmmmm... I've already voted toDay so I'm not sure that I have much else to do here before I'm gone for the rest of the Day. I still feel that Valier is most likely innocent -- unless she's really bluffing us. I do find her continued insistence that the lorebooks will prove her innocence to be a little sketchy -- I mean, as a wolf she could be trying to act as "par for the course" as she can -- but I guess my instinct tells me no. So even if I hadn't already voted, I wouldn't be voting for her. But, it's in the rest of the villagers' hands now. We'll see what happens.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:37 PM   #691
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I don't really have the time or the energy right now to continue.

Diamond started off as really suspicious looking, but her behavior has died down slwoly over the past few days. I don't like her aiding in Loki's death, even after she pointed out that his declaration was plausible, and that Nogrod's reasons were fishy. She's posted way more nonsense stuff than she usually does, after she told Glirdan that after Day 1 it was out of place. Also, she seems quite eager to discredit theories about the EW, and keeps trying to say that the EW would be a quiet-ish player using discretion. This theory is not with out merit, but it is clearly pointing away from her and onto someone else. She also keeps repeating it, over and over. I suspected Nogrod for saying sort of the same things about wolfs.

Also, she herself pointed out that the EW could have used family bonds as a cover, and it is possible that she chose Nogrod in order to do just that. I can also see her picking Naria, and Loki, and then turning on him when he was turned back. If she isn't dreamed of tonight, I'd like to see her on the list tomorrow.

Edit: Cross posted- I meant to say Glirdan, not Gurthang- told you I was too tired for this.

Old 05-19-2006, 12:55 PM   #692
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
Thank goodness that there are people here who have had time toDay to analyse other villagers, providing quotes and all. Now, here are my thoughts of those on the Death List.

Valier - I'm truly baffled how she seems to be so confident about Roa being the EW. Then again, I can sympathise with stubborn people... it's only that usually they have had a case against a villager. Now it's "just" a gut feeling.
She has been confused about the Nightly activities ie. how many Gifteds/Wolves there are. She was also confused when phantom became a Hunter. It might be a bluff, but I should think that if Valier was a Wolf, she'd know these things better. If we had a Cobbler (which we don't), I'd say it's Valier.

Roa - If Roa is a baddie, I think she's the EW. After a little disagreement earlier toDay she's been helpful with her analyses. Providing good posts is what any sensible villager in trouble would do to save their skin, though. Making strong defences and accusations (Loki and Nogrod) could be a way to try to make us believe that she's a helpful villager, but this is a bit same thing as in Valier's case. Neither of the ladies are the Seer or GW, so how can they be so sure? The only person beside the GW and Seer who has more information than others is the EW (if s/he hasn't informed the Wolves about each other).

Eomer - I haven't been suspicious of him, so it's a bit hard to say anything about him. There actually were some good points in morm's "trumped-up" case, but I'm not fully convinced about morm's innocence either, so...

Zali - Well, I was really suspicious of Zali yesterDay. Too bad that she hasn't been around toDay. I still think that her behaviour was odd, but I don't know if she could be the EW. I think she's very likely a Wolf although as others have said her timing yesterDay was unfortunate for her... I understand that if you're busy, a ready theory is an easy option. She just has been a bit too cautious and on the other hand eager to go with the masses.

That's it for me, I'm out of the Village Square. I shall vote for the person on the list whom I find the most EWish. That would be:

++ROA

One more thing, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna
I'm aware of that and I'm taking both options into consideration when I vote. There's a chance the wolves know which would single out some people, but it's more likely they do not know which makes things much harder.
At least Loki didn't know his fellow wolves. Now that the amount of the wolves has grown also the probability that the GW or Seer stumbles upon one has grown which would make it rather dangerous for the EW to let the wolves know each others' identities. One scried wolf could give away the names of the whole pack and even though we are not allowed to perform double lynchings and couldn't get rid of them at once, it would be quite a blow to the EW. Still, everything's possible, I guess.

Good Night!
Old 05-19-2006, 12:55 PM   #693
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Just to sum up

Zali - 3
Valier - 5
Roa - 3
Eomer - 1

Votes so far - 12
Votes remaining - 10
Left to vote: Valier, Zali, Eomer, Caran, Glirdan (where is he?), Sleepy, Kitanna, Oddwen, Lal, Eonwe (see Glirdan)
Time Left - 3 hours, 5 minutes

The lynch could go anyway right now.

Edit: I even checked before I posted! How does that keep happening?

Old 05-19-2006, 01:01 PM   #694
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Morm, the rules seem quite categorical:
Quote:
The werewolves do not know each other's identity because while they are werewolves at Night, they cannot detect the identities underlying the curses
Also:
Quote:
Note: Werewolves do not PM each other and therefore cannot debate with each other; thus, they are not going to find out each others' identities
Even if the EW were allowed to communicate wolvish identities to his pack via the sub-mod, as spawn points out, it would be dangerous for him to do so.
Old 05-19-2006, 01:05 PM   #695
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
To repeat what I said before:
I think Roa is an excellent choice wolf-wise, but I don't think she's the EW because of the way she went after Nogrod on Day Two. She could be a wolf, but I'm more concerned with voting for who I think is the EW today.
Eomer is probably not going to be picked as a wolf. He may be the EW, but his defense of himself is convincing. Depending on how today goes I'll be keeping a close eye on him, but for today I'm not convinced of his guilt or innocence.
Valier is a mystery. I don't have enough confidence to try and vote for her. Her playing is reckless and it worries me, but she could be a misguided innocent. I'm going to watch everything Valier says from now until she's proven innocent or guilty.

So that leaves:

++ Zali

She's been careful in covering her tracks and keepings all her bases cover, maybe a little too careful. She's trying to avoid slip-ups it seems and the EW has every reason to avoid slip-ups, s/he has a lot riding on their secret. Zali's careful posts and apologizes toward those she votes for worries me a lot. Almost more than Valier's reckless playing. I said earlier I'm focusing on who could be EW and I think Zali could be the EW, she'd also be a good wolf-pick.
Of the four Gurthang picked for us I feel Zali may be the guilty one.
Old 05-19-2006, 01:05 PM   #696
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Well, I may as well vote now because I don't think I'm going to change my mind.

++VALIER

She fits in well with the werewolf demographic, as far as we know it. I think she'd be in demand as a wolf.

I'm quite impressed by Spawn's Roa-as-EW argument, and will give it thought tomorrow. But I've got some other thoughts about EWs as well and would like Gurthang's thoughts on this tomorrow, again, if we are all spared.
Old 05-19-2006, 01:08 PM   #697
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lalaith, I think you missed this:

Quote:
The evil wizard may choose to inform one or more werewolves who one or more other werewolves are; but this is a risky option and should be used with great care, considering the possible consequences.

The evil wizard is allowed to lie to his were-creatures.
So the EW can inform the werewolves who each other are, and the EW may also be lying to his wolves about who each other are. So a turned wolf is only useful information-wise if the EW has truthfully informed that wolf of who his/her comrades are.

Old 05-19-2006, 01:18 PM   #698
Azaelia of Willowbottom
Shade of Carn Dűm

Azaelia of Willowbottom has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Azaelia of Willowbottom
Silmaril

This goes back a bit, I know, but I thought I ought to set up a defence. This is probably my least favorite part of playing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna
Isn't that lucky for you, Zali? She also apologizes in advance if she's wrong, as is Zali's norm I believe. I hate that, if you think they're guilty, why say you're sorry?
It's a built-in, genetic defence mechanism, handed down from my ancestors, as frequently comes up in the book of WW lore. I'm wrong 99 percent of the time. I think my particular sig has never been quite so appropriate as it was now. *points to my sig quote*, which I know is not valid evidence, but truthful all the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlo
Zali - I've thought her a pretty intelligent lass, so I can't believe her to be as careless as she now is if she were a wolf.
Well, thanks for the rather backward vote of confidence. You're right. I suck at subtlety, but if I was a wolf, or the EW for that matter, I'd have been much less...well, less like this, anyhow. This whole snafu certainly would not have happened. I made some serious mistakes, and as I was making them, I knew it.

I feel like a vote magnet. I definitely deserved what I got yesterday (A near-lynching scare) but I'm not so sure I deserve all these votes now. But whatever. No one likes a whiner.

Diamond said that she found my comparison of her IC post to Alcarillo's yesterDay as suspicious, and I feel the need to explain myself.

Diamond-mum, your particular IC post was helpful-ish, and actually helped make me more sure that you were innocent...At least, it didn't feel like I was reading a load of drivel.

Alacrillo's, on the other hand was repetitive wailing, which no one wants to hear. It didn't provide anything to the village, and looked more like a wolf doing an unsuccessful job of trying to hide...

More to come later, I'm off to review some more.

I guess it just comes down to a difference in style.
Old 05-19-2006, 01:24 PM   #699
Azaelia of Willowbottom
Shade of Carn Dűm

Silmaril

Oh, and I meant to add: I'm innocent, but honestly, the village could do worse than to lynch me today. I'm neither good wizard nor gifted (as you all well know) and I know I'm definitely not on the list to become gifted, either. With all the unwanted attention I have the bizarre attraction for, I doubt I'm on anyone's "Must make were" list, either. I would not necessarily a particularly logical choice for a wolf or for a gifted...and the amount of suspicion directed towards me over the past two Days proves that.

Just know that if the vote does swing my direction toDay, that you'll be lynching an honest-to-goodness innocent villager, not a werewolf. Nor will you be forcing the EW to reveal him/herself. (I knew from the moment this game was mentioned that I didn't want to be a wizard--I have barely enough free time to just be ordinary!).

I'm not asking for votes, just trying to paint an honest picture of myself, here.

Last edited by Azaelia of Willowbottom; 05-19-2006 at 01:44 PM. Reason: clarity of wording
Azaelia of Willowbottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 01:30 PM   #700
Azaelia of Willowbottom
Shade of Carn Dűm

Silmaril

Third post in a row, here... Both Dancing Spawn and Kitanna have suggested that I am the EW. Don't waste your votes, people. Look at me. I've barely posted. It's a fairly busy time for me in RL. I have school. I have a job. I have drama club. I also am an unfortunate victim of timezoneitis. Why would I want to be a wizard? In fact, coming into this game, I had a lot of thoughts about how would I play a role such as wolf or gifted, should it come to me, but I knew the one thing I especially didn't want to be was a wizard. So thank goodness the God of Mod took applications only for that part.

OK, done posting for now. Sorry about the three-in-a-row thing, but I didn't want to just edit my posts as more stuff popped into my head, in case someone else was on/making a post and wouldn't see the changes. I hope at least I've provided something to consider before the rest of you vote.
Old 05-19-2006, 01:36 PM   #701
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Not that this has anything to do with anything but I can't imagine dear Zali being a wolf. It just seems so.....wrong.

Some people were dismayed by her vote for me yesterday, latching onto Mormegil's case; but I am sympathetic to what she did. Her previous suspects had been lynched and she had to find a new one. Lo and behold, Morm presents a nice case against me and she takes the chance. She could be a wolf, but I'm inclined to give her the benefit of the doubt. Isn't it weird how we do that with certain villagers?

I must vote now in case I can't make it back later. I still think Fea's the EW; still think that Valier is one of the more recent picks. There are a number of villagers who are coming across as innocent right now but I'm going to keep my mouth shut on that matter until tomorrow at least.

++VALIER

Oh, and while I remember: Lhuna, I feel great sadness now you are no longer with us. I will never forget...
Old 05-19-2006, 01:49 PM   #702
Caranlondien
Shade of Carn Dűm

Caranlondien has just left Hobbiton.
Goodness, how did I manage to sleep so late?

Quote:
It always alarms me when people decide them must vote for one of the top candidates. It screams that they don't want to stand out. If you really don't think Celuien guilty then don't vote for her. Does this make sense? It appears that she's so concerned with making herself stand out that she makes it a point to fit it with the main stream.
Now I forget who said this... but anyway, I meant that I wasn't happy with any of the people I felt suspicious of. In other words, I didn't have a very strong feeling about any suspect. So I voted Celuien.

And sorry for apologizing so much (oh the irony)! I apologize as politeness to the ghosts of the dead. It's a game, and I don't want anyone feeling unwanted. I fully intend to apologize to all those who I help to wrongly lynch, so sorry in advance, for continuing to say sorry. (Really, I can't help it. It's a regular utterance for me; I think I say "sorry" around 20 times a day.)

So, now that that's out of the way, here are some quick thoughts on the candidates:

Eomer: I'm not keen on lynching him toDay. I've only had time to skim over what's been said on him, but I agree with Kitanna that he'd make a poor wolf choice. As she said, that doesn't rule out EW, though...

Azaelia: Her latest posts seem very innocent to me. I won't be voting for her.

Valier: I don't think she's guilty, either. Unless the EW picked her as a wolf and told her to take her intuitive playing style and run with it, she's acting just how I would expect an innocent Valier to act.

Roa: I fear Roa Maybe it's just that in my lorebooks, I've had a first-hand experience of how cunning an evil Roa can be, but I can't shake the feeling. I'll probably be voting for her.

Now, writing about Valier just now got me thinking... My ancestors have had trouble with wolvery because it's hard to see oneself as others do, and thus it is hard to act in the manner that others expect. But this time, there's an EW guiding the wolves, perhaps telling them how others will expect them to act. So maybe Valier is a wolf...

Another EW strategy I'm worried about: what if the remaining first-day wolf was instructed at the beginning to just stay quiet? Great way to escape suspicion, as so far we haven't lynched a quiet person. Of course, more recent choices were probably told to just keep acting like they have so far, because suddenly going quiet would seem odd.
Caranlondien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 01:58 PM   #703
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caran

But this time, there's an EW guiding the wolves, perhaps telling them how others will expect them to act. So maybe Valier is a wolf...

I assure you no one is telling me how to act! I just find it odd that Roa seems so helpful and is concerned with what the EW would and should be doing and after I accused her, her behavior changed and her quick vote for me today in fact seals my suspicions of her. She is very cunning and evil and has orchestrated this bandwagon against me to save her own behind. I believe the wolves see me as a large threat and instead of killing me at night they have decided to get me lynched by my fellow villagers during the day.
Old 05-19-2006, 02:17 PM   #704
Caranlondien
Shade of Carn Dűm

Voting Update

1. Diamond-->Azaelia (Azaelia 1)
2. Jenny-->Valier (Azaelia 1, Valier 1)
3. Roa-->Valier (Azaelia 1, Valier 1, Roa 1)
4. Alcarillo-->Roa (Azaelia 1, Valier 1, Roa 2)
5. Feanor-->Roa (Azaelia 1, Valier 1, Roa 3)
6. Nilp-->Azaelia (Azaelia 2, Valier 1, Roa 3)
7. Firefoot-->Azaelia (Azaelia 3, Valier 1, Roa 3)
8. Lommy-->Eomer (Azaelia 3, Valier 1, Roa 3, Eomer 1)
9. Gurthang-->Valier (Azaelia 3, Valier 2, Roa 3, Eomer 1)
10. Kath-->Valier (Azaelia 3, Valier 3, Roa 3, Eomer 1)
11. mormegil-->Valier (Azaelia 3, Valier 4, Roa 3, Eomer 1)
12. dancing spawn-->Roa (Azaelia 3, Valier 4, Roa 4, Eomer 1)
13. Kitanna-->Azaelia (Azaelia 4, Valier 4, Roa 4, Eomer 1)
14. Lalaith-->Valier (Azaelia 4, Valier 5, Roa 4, Eomer 1)
15. Eomer-->Valier (Azaelia 4, Valier 6, Roa 4, Eomer 1)

Votes so far - 15
Votes remaining - 7
Left to vote: Valier, Zali, Caran, Glirdan (see TiG main board), Sleepy, Oddwen, Eonwe
Time Left - 1 hour, 45 minutes
Old 05-19-2006, 02:19 PM   #705
Caranlondien
Shade of Carn Dűm

Oops, I meant to vote in that post...

++Roa

3. Roa-->Valier (Azaelia 1, Valier 1, Roa 1)
4. Alcarillo-->Roa (Azaelia 1, Valier 1, Roa 2)
5. Feanor-->Roa (Azaelia 1, Valier 1, Roa 3)
6. Nilp-->Azaelia (Azaelia 2, Valier 1, Roa 3)
7. Firefoot-->Azaelia (Azaelia 3, Valier 1, Roa 3)
8. Lommy-->Eomer (Azaelia 3, Valier 1, Roa 3, Eomer 1)
9. Gurthang-->Valier (Azaelia 3, Valier 2, Roa 3, Eomer 1)
10. Kath-->Valier (Azaelia 3, Valier 3, Roa 3, Eomer 1)
11. mormegil-->Valier (Azaelia 3, Valier 4, Roa 3, Eomer 1)
12. dancing spawn-->Roa (Azaelia 3, Valier 4, Roa 4, Eomer 1)
13. Kitanna-->Azaelia (Azaelia 4, Valier 4, Roa 4, Eomer 1)
14. Lalaith-->Valier (Azaelia 4, Valier 5, Roa 4, Eomer 1)
15. Eomer-->Valier (Azaelia 4, Valier 6, Roa 4, Eomer 1)
16. Caran-->Roa (Azaelia 4, Valier 6, Roa 5, Eomer 1)

Votes so far - 16
Votes remaining - 6
Left to vote: Valier, Zali, Glirdan (see TiG main board), Sleepy, Oddwen, Eonwe
Time Left - 1 hour, 43 minutes
Old 05-19-2006, 02:26 PM   #706
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Caran, Valier is at 7 votes, not 6. And I'm only at 4. Go through your list again, carefully.

Valier, I did nothing to orchestrate any bandwagon against you. I barely said anything against you. If you want to blame someone, blame yourself for your behavior, and Gurthang for putting you on his List of Doom (TM). Honestly, it looks like your just grasping at straws again to throw doubt on your guilt.

Last edited by Roa_Aoife; 05-19-2006 at 02:30 PM.
Old 05-19-2006, 02:31 PM   #707
Caranlondien
Shade of Carn Dűm

Sorry! (See, can't help it...)

3. Roa-->Valier (Azaelia 1, Valier 2)
4. Alcarillo-->Roa (Azaelia 1, Valier 2, Roa 1)
5. Feanor-->Roa (Azaelia 1, Valier 2, Roa 2)
6. Nilp-->Azaelia (Azaelia 2, Valier 2, Roa 2)
7. Firefoot-->Azaelia (Azaelia 3, Valier 2, Roa 2)
8. Lommy-->Eomer (Azaelia 3, Valier 2, Roa 2, Eomer 1)
9. Gurthang-->Valier (Azaelia 3, Valier 3, Roa 2, Eomer 1)
10. Kath-->Valier (Azaelia 3, Valier 4, Roa 2, Eomer 1)
11. mormegil-->Valier (Azaelia 3, Valier 5, Roa 2, Eomer 1)
12. dancing spawn-->Roa (Azaelia 3, Valier 5, Roa 3, Eomer 1)
13. Kitanna-->Azaelia (Azaelia 4, Valier 5, Roa 3, Eomer 1)
14. Lalaith-->Valier (Azaelia 4, Valier 6, Roa 3, Eomer 1)
15. Eomer-->Valier (Azaelia 4, Valier 7, Roa 3, Eomer 1)
16. Caran-->Roa (Azaelia 4, Valier 7, Roa 4, Eomer 1)

Votes so far - 16
Votes remaining - 6
Left to vote: Valier, Zali, Glirdan (see TiG main board), Sleepy, Oddwen, Eonwe
Time Left - 1 hour, 43 minutes
Old 05-19-2006, 02:40 PM   #708
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

I cast my vote...

++Roa_Aoife

For the way she has reacted to my outburst...she says she has barely said anything to me about this, yes this is true, but she has been reading my posts carefully every time I do post and has had something to say, shortly after each one. She has already voted toDay, but sticks around, in case she needs to defend herself or seem helpful by analysing other players...I know there is nothing wrong with that since it may help in the future, but I think she is just a smart EW and she is covering all her bases. In fact I think in the Days to come she will sacrafice more of her wolves as she did Nogrod making her look more and more helpful and innocent. Then you are all doomed
Old 05-19-2006, 02:51 PM   #709
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The vote does not surprise but the reason does- that's it? That's all you've got, my very last post? What happened to everything else you've been spouting this whole time? What about your instincts? "She's done what an innocent would do! She must be evil! She defended herself against a false accusation! Quickly, Lynch her!" *sigh* I don't know why I even bother responding to you.

Old 05-19-2006, 02:54 PM   #710
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa
*sigh* I don't know why I even bother responding to you.
Ah but you do anyways it seems......just like I said
Old 05-19-2006, 03:26 PM   #711
Azaelia of Willowbottom
Shade of Carn Dűm

Quoting Caran, who is in turn quoting someone whose name she does not remember:
Quote:
It always alarms me when people decide them must vote for one of the top candidates. It screams that they don't want to stand out. If you really don't think Celuien guilty then don't vote for her. Does this make sense? It appears that she's so concerned with making herself stand out that she makes it a point to fit it with the main stream.
I've learned this one the hard way. Wise words, regardless of who they came from in the first place. I see nothing wrong with voting with the majority if you have true, honest reasons for it, and you aren't just doing it because you're too lazy to figure out who to vote for on your own or you're too afraid of making a mistake.

I honestly don't really have any strong feelings on the subjects of any of the three other people who have earned votes so far at this point, so I am going to not take the opportunity to jump on another bandwaggon. I find Alcarillo suspicious. I am going to vote for him.

++Alcarillo

I know this is a turnaround, and that I defended him once a while back, but things change. His behavior lately has raised some red flags, and I know I'm not alone in noticing them.

I know this flies in the face of what our wonderful GW has asked us to do, and for that I apologize. It's not that I don't respect you, believe you, or agree with you, Gurthang. I feel like this vote is essentially a throwaway vote, but I just think Alcarillo shouldn't be allowed to fade into the background with this new business of revelations. It's my way of making my voice and opinion heard.

There may well be a wolf or two among the names listed, but I feel like it's a very short list.

I'm off to eat supper now, but I will hopefully be back before the end of the Day.
Old 05-19-2006, 03:28 PM   #712
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sleepy Ranger has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Pipe

++Roa_Aoife

Shes my wife, shes evil, she could do anything! I'm sorry, dear, better to be safe.
Old 05-19-2006, 04:00 PM   #713
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Well since it looks like I'm dead, all I have to say is......

LONG LIVE THE EVIL WIZARD!!!!! BWAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!
Old 05-19-2006, 04:00 PM   #714
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
The voting is now done.

Evil wizard, pick a player to curse.

Gurthang, pick a player to scry.

Hunter, pick a player to hunt.

Werewolves:

* Nominate a player A to be killed if there are only three of you after all is said and done on Night 5.

* Nominate a player B to be killed if there are four or more of you after all is said and done on Night 5.

A lynching narrative will be forthcoming in the next few hours.
littlemanpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 06:33 PM   #715
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Day Four Ending

Dread fell upon the village. The clouds hung low, hiding the sun, but it did not rain. The air was still. Added to the seaside smell of salt, decaying seaweed, dead fish, and gull droppings, was the smell of blood. The dogs were frenzied with it, uncomfortably reminding the villagers of the growing number of werewolves. Alcarillo picked up the remains of his wife and, surrounded by the rest of the villagers, brought them to the graveyard. As Alcarillo dug the grave, Gurthang spoke.

"Hear me, villagers." His tone seemed foreboding. Suddenly he threw aside the large woolen cloak he was wearing, and behold! Everyone jumped back at the sight of a BLACK cloak underneath! Not black like dyed cloth, but a swirling, rich black that seemed to spread out from him. Sure that he was the Evil Wizard, they all ran for the door, but with a word he stopped them.

"Halt! Do not leave, for I have a message that none of you should miss. Do not fear me, for I am the Good Wizard. Though my color is Black, my heart is not. I am Gurthang the Black (Sword). I have been bidden to aid you in this time of trial. Evil has gained the upper hand. But do not quell, for they are only five among us all. Now, the real battle begins."

The revelation of the Good Wizard did not have the effect Gurthang had expected. The former seer, and father of Gurthang, Nilpaurion, taking strength in his obvious innocence, set aside gentleness and hurled ultimata. Some looked at Gurthang in envy, wondering why the Watchers hadn't picked them. Roa didn't like her independence of mind limited. Diamond threatened to get even grumpier. Valier insisted Roa was the evil wizard. "Why?" She was asked. "I'm convinced!" "By what?" she was asked. "My gut feeling!" The villagers groaned and told her to go back to her gardening.

Trying to get order back, Gurthang laid out a plan. Diamond and Roa pooh poohed the plan. Gurthang couldn't believe his ears and got snippy.

Caranlondien took her mushing whip and snapped it in the air. "Now listen, everybody, we all know it's no fun being told what to do, but our chances are improved. Don't you want to live?"

By way of answer, Diamond cast the first vote. "I'm voting early since I don't see anymore point in saying anything that's not sanctioned by Gurthang or Nilp." She turned on her heels and left the graveyard in a huff. Someone commented that her miff was sprung from family rivalry. After all, Diamond was having to live down the embarrassment of a rather wolvish, not to mention, largely dead, family, whilst Gurthang and Nilpaurion had suddenly been vaunted - for the first time in their lives in Sealville - to positions of honor, respect, and influence.

Into the ensuing calm was presented a series of character analyses by cooler heads. Amid the careful analyses fell a vote here, a vote there, and a cry from Valier that Roa was the evil wizard. The assemblage rolled their eyes yet again .... and yet another villager voted for Valier. Mormegil and then others decided that Diamond was unanalyzable because she simply talked too much. Apparently, talking too much was not considered an attribute of wolvishness, and she received no votes all day long.

Finally, Nilpaurion saw that maybe his tone had been somewhat offputting, and he apologized, asking the village to give his son half an ear.

Lommy came to Valier's defense: "That's just Valier."

"At least someone understands me!" cried Valier.

"How can you be so confident, unless you're the evil wizard, or a werewolf following orders?" asked Spawn.

"I'm not following anybody's orders!" Valier insisted.

But the more she talked, the more the votes against her piled up. But not her alone. Before the day was done, Eomer had received a vote, as had Alcarillo; Zali had received four votes as continuing suspicions swirled around her odd behavior since the death of her lover. Roa garnered six votes. But to Valier there accrued seven votes.

"No lynching for this one," Mormegil said. "We'll plant her in her garden and see what grows from the seed."

The villagers seemed to like this idea. The tied her up and walked her to her garden. They dug a hole. Soon it was deep enough so that her head was a foot below the ground level if she were standing at all her height. They dropped her in.

"Any last words?" Mormegil asked.

"LONG LIVE THE EVIL WIZARD!!!!! BWAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!" She transformed. She burst her bonds. She howled. She grew. Her lupine head rose above the ground and her hairy arms sought purchase to lift herself up and out of the hole.

"Stone her!" cried Mormegil. It was lucky that the seaside was made as much of stone as sand and gravel and earth. The pelted her with stones of varying size until she was stuck in the hole, unable to get her hind legs free. They kept at her with the stones until her snout was bent to one side and her eyes had been bloodied shut, her arms broken, and finally, her head bashed in. She was no longer a pretty sight. And she was dead.

The sun set, though it could not be seen, for the sky was slate and the air was still. Blood was all over the ground, all over the clothing of those who had killed the werewolf, and the smell of blood was in the air. The villagers tried hard to get the blood off their hands, with little success. And they waited in fear for the coming night.

~ The Tally ~

One evil wizard
One good wizard
Three werewolves
One hunter

~ The Dead ~

Elempi, father of Diamond of the Battledore, killed on Night One
Loki the leech collector, lynched on Day One: innocent
The Saucepan Man the barkeep, killed on Night Two: innocent
Nogrod the retired jester, lynched on Day Two: werewolf
the phantom the loud, unpredictable, adventurer: hunter
Naria the servant who empties and cleans chamber pots: werewolf
Celuien the Healer and Cupper, lynched on Day Three: innocent
Lhunardawen the jeweler, committed suicide on Day Three: innocent
Cailín the match maker, mauled by werewolves on Night Four: innocent
Valier the gardener, planted and stoned in her garden on Day Four: werewolf

~ The Living ~

Diamond of the Battledore
Caranlondien the Sled-Team Driver
Roa Aoife the weaver
Dancing Spawn of Ungoliant the Baker
Kath the minstrel
Lommy the little girl who steals other children's candy
Glirdan with the giant crush on Kath
Sleepy Ranger the former wanderer
Kitanna the beloved of Eomer
Firefoot the artist
Alcarillo the old retired sea captain
Oddwen the filthy, insane street urchin who steals chickens
mormegil the retired mariner and current mayor
Feanor the shepherdess with a love of alliteration
Zali the seamstress and beloved of the phantom
Jenny Hallu the unmarried maiden & aunt
Lalaith the frivolous aunt and guardian of Oddwen
Eonwe the freeloading husband of Lhunardawen
Eomer the adventurer & lover of Kitanna
Nilpaurion the ne'er do well hubby of Dancing Spawn
Gurthang the stable-hand

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 05-19-2006 at 06:42 PM.
Old 05-20-2006, 03:59 PM   #716
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Day Five Begins

The evil wizard had lost yet another werewolf to lynching, but took the blow in stride and cursed yet another villager.

The good wizard scried a different villager who, it turned out, was not a werewolf, and already having a hunter, gifted this villager as seer. The new seer did not dream.

The hunter chose a villager to hunt.

The werewolves, now numbering four, chose two victims for the night, approved by the evil wizard.

Firefoot was the youngest of Nogrod and Diamond's three daughters, and the most artistic of the bunch. She was tomboyish even through her teens, but this did not stop a boring rich fop from being interested in her. Luckily for Diamond and Nogrod was this so, for no other man had shown interest. This fop's name was not important for our purposes, for he was often out of town, and was so during the events related here. Some wondered if said fop even planned to return, for the marriage date that had been set upon their engagement, had passed the previous summer, and he had stayed away. Diamond was enraged, but Firefoot seemed not to care, since the fool of a fop had not been her choice. She played her lute, wrote her lyrics, made up melodies, and lived blithely off the meagre proceeds that playing songs all morning in front of the town hall provided. Come noon each day she was done, and setting her lute and songbook and coin in her bedroom, made off into the nearby wild, hiking in the woods, walking along the breakers on the rocky shore, wading while looking for pretty stones, generally being on her own and pleased to be so all the day long. When night approached she would regrettfully hie to home to undergo the daily nag from mother who wanted her to try harder to get a man or at least reasonable employ. She would eat in silence, willing to endure this discomfort in return for the freedom to do as she had been doing for the last few years.

Diamond never turned her out of the house, however, for secretly she love her youngest daughter's freedom, and was glad the fop had not shown, and preferred that Firefoot remain happy and free rather than full of sorrow like her eldest sister. The last few days, however, Diamond had not nagged. There had been uncomfortable silence as one after the other of their family died, and Zali almost getting lynched into the bargain.

Nilpaurion Felagund had been named after an elf of great legend from the first age, "cave dweller". Which was odd because Nilpaurion hated dark, closed up places. His home was open to the air with many windows. He was proud of his son Gurthang for being picked by the Watchers to be the Good Wizard, and had been most willing to be his son's very first seer. He realized that he might have been a little offensive in his eagerness to support his heroic son, but all in all things were going rather well for his family. He just wished that his son had not said that his own mother, Spawn, was doomed to die, and was happy that prophecy was not part of the wizarding package. He rather liked having his wife next to him each night. (OOC: sorry for the brief narration; I was under the mistaken impression that a certain other player was getting killed this Night and had to write this hastily.)

Two werewolves appeared in the bedroom of Firefoot and tore into her where she lay. They were vicious and cruel and such was their frenzy that she died in her sleep. One plunged its clawed hand deep into her chest and ripped out her heart.

Two werewolves leaped through one of the many bedroom windows in the Felagund house and attacked Nilpaurion Felagund. He woke up. He knew he was doomed. He tried calling for his son to save him, but found that his vocal chords had been ripped away, and that he could not take in air any longer. Feeling no pain in his excitement, he threw himself at the nearest werewolf with what would have been a roar of reviling, and tried to get his fingers in its eyes. He was unsuccessful. He did succeed in receiving a quick death, however. The werewolves pulled his head to one side from his shoulders, like a hinged lid, and reached down to his heart and pulled it out.

Diamond and Zali rose with the sun and went into the kitchen. Seeing each other, they seemed relieved; not seeing Firefoot, they opened the door to her room and saw (and smelled) blood staining Firefoot's bedclothes, so much blood that she had to be dead, so much blood that the mattress of hay was soaked clean through. A double wail escaped from Firefoot's bedroom.

Apparently Spawn had not been in the bedroom when the werewolves had attacked. It seemed that she must have been relieving herself in the middle of the night. Be that as it may, when she came back to bed, her husband was dead.

All the remaining villagers hurried to the watcher rock. There were three bodies, not two. Nilpaurion Felagund lay beneath the Watchers, his head almost ripped clean from his body. Nearby lay Firefoot, her body seeming more feasted skeleton than new corpse.

One more body lay beneath the Watcher rock. It appeared to have been given a sound drubbing with saucepans, frying pans, soup pans, and leather whips with ball bearings and sharp tacks woven in. The Watching Man held a heart that he lay in this body's chest. Before the eyes of all gathered, the body sewed and healed and lost all blemish. A star appeared on the man's forehead. He rose and looked about him in horror, and threw his hood over his head in token of honoring the dead. He glanced at the Watchers; the Lady pointed. The man walked away down the seashore where it is said he encountered Elven Mariners. (revenge taken mwahaha)

~ The Tally ~ (8)

One evil wizard
The Good Wizard Gurthang
Four werewolves
One seer
One hunter

~ The Dead ~ (12)

Elempi, father of Diamond of the Battledore, killed on Night One
Loki the leech collector, lynched on Day One: innocent
The Saucepan Man the barkeep, killed on Night Two: innocent
Nogrod the retired jester, lynched on Day Two: werewolf
the phantom the loud, unpredictable, adventurer: hunter
Naria the servant who empties and cleans chamber pots: werewolf
Celuien the Healer and Cupper, lynched on Day Three: innocent
Lhunardawen the jeweler, committed suicide on Day Three: innocent
Cailín the match maker, mauled by werewolves on Night Four: innocent
Valier the gardener, planted and stoned in her garden on Day Four: werewolf
Firefoot the artist, frenziedly eaten on Night Five: innocent
Nilpaurion the ne'er do well hubby of Dancing Spawn, head almost ripped off by werewolves: innocent

~ The Living ~ (19)

Diamond of the Battledore
Caranlondien the Sled-Team Driver
Roa Aoife the weaver
Dancing Spawn of Ungoliant the Baker
Kath the minstrel
Lommy the little girl who steals other children's candy
Glirdan with the giant crush on Kath
Sleepy Ranger the former wanderer
Kitanna the beloved of Eomer
Alcarillo the old retired sea captain
Oddwen the filthy, insane street urchin who steals chickens
mormegil the retired mariner and current mayor
Feanor the shepherdess with a love of alliteration
Zali the seamstress and beloved of the phantom
Jenny Hallu the unmarried maiden & aunt
Lalaith the frivolous aunt and guardian of Oddwen
Eonwe the freeloading husband of Lhunardawen
Eomer the adventurer & lover of Kitanna
Gurthang the stable-hand and Good Wizard

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 05-21-2006 at 06:01 AM.
Old 05-20-2006, 04:15 PM   #717
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Another night without a seer-dream. Oh great.

Well, I was expecting the wolves to do in Firefoot and Nilp with their two kills. I think we really need to find the Evil wizard today. Gurth, what ideas have you got?
Old 05-20-2006, 04:23 PM   #718
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Well, we can't just sit and wait for Gurthang to show- it could be a while, depending on his schedule. We have all of yesterday to discuss, and some good theories were shown. What do you think Lalaith?

After the analysis of Diamond, I've started to seriously suspect her. But have this problem where I start suspecting people I analyze (if I don't suspect them already), so I don't know if it's just that or if there were actual things worthy of suspicion. Thoughts?

Old 05-20-2006, 04:24 PM   #719
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
oh for the intentionally included smell of blood... *faints*

I echo Lalaith. Gurthang, anything important we should know today?

And if I may be allowed a jest (apart from my title) before we get down to business, I simply can't believe Eomer's still alive. It's gone past day one! Surely he must be evil.
Old 05-20-2006, 04:24 PM   #720
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Nothing really surprising there, is it? But seriously, what is it with the carnage that's been visited on my family?

Also, note to self: never again underestimate Valier's capacity for evil and bluffing. Interesting to see that she and Nogrod both took more or less the same approach to being wolves -- they played their usual game but with a little too much aggression and less genuinosity (is that word?) in effect becoming parodies of their usual selves. Not that they didn't succeed in fooling some... but as they say, you can fool some of the people some of the time....

Anyway, I'll eat crow about being against the list since a werewolf was indeed on it. Sorry, poor headless Nilp and still-living Gurthang. Not that I don't stand by my posts, but okay, I guess my instincts about Valier were off and the feelings of offense were less than merited.

ToDay, I feel lost. The posting Kitanna and Zali did yesterDay after my analysis of them make them look less suspicious to me. So now I feel less confident about voting for either of them. Roa seems to be rather vindicated by Valier's death -- though I will not rule out the possibility that Valier was a sacrifice. People like Fea, Morm, and Eomer bear watching, but without having done any analysis on them I can't say why for sure.

So. Right. I'll be gone for a chunk of this evening but will probably be around for my usual midnight posting. And then tomorrow (oh you will all just love to hear this) I'll be able to hang around right up until the deadline. Get it? Hang? Deadline? Ha ha ha ha.

x-posted with Lal, Roa, and Fea

Last edited by Diamond18; 05-20-2006 at 04:28 PM.
Diamond18 is offline   Reply With Quote