The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2013, 10:26 PM   #41
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
We're trolls! We don't need pockets or purses. We just steals what we need or scare people into giving it to us. Purses! Pockets! Who ever heard of such a thing?

You're an odd troll, you are.
An' yer a lout, Sal Huggins! Yer 'ole 'ead must be solid stone! 'Ow are we to know when burrahobbits an' the like is pickin' our pockets of our magic purses if we don't have pockets to pick, nor yet magic purses to squawk about it?
Old 01-21-2013, 10:36 PM   #42
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
An' yer a lout, Sal Huggins! Yer 'ole 'ead must be solid stone! 'Ow are we to know when burrahobbits an' the like is pickin' our pockets of our magic purses if we don't have pockets to pick, nor yet magic purses to squawk about it?
If you don't have pockets, no one can pick them. Quite simple, really. Although it were nice of you to say my head was made of stone. Thank ye.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:14 PM   #43
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

Coppermirror is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I ain't happy about this! Wizers, coming here and turning Lom and Leg to stone. Lom was the only one who knew everyone's names, and now she's stone useless.

Sal's plan looks right good to me, 'cept nobody here's wearing shoes. We'll know the wizers by their actions, even if they don't smell like wizers. They're clever and tricksy, so all we need to do is thump whoever's acting clever. Everybody keep being like normal, and we'll catch 'em right quick.

...Oi...Is that what they want us to think? My head is achin'.

Let's get the pot boiling, anyway. T'is best if we has Wizzard for dinner. I'm tired of mutton.
Coppermirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:17 PM   #44
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppermirror View Post
Let's get the pot boiling, anyway. T'is best if we has Wizzard for dinner. I'm tired of mutton.
Aw, come on now! Tired of mutton? What kind of troll are ye? Don't you know the olden troll holiday carol, "I'm gettin' mutton for Christmas"? Where's your troll spirit, Cop?
Old 01-21-2013, 11:45 PM   #45
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Aw, come on now! Tired of mutton? What kind of troll are ye? Don't you know the olden troll holiday carol, "I'm gettin' mutton for Christmas"? Where's your troll spirit, Cop?
Bah, not that song again. Someone else always takes the best mutton and leaves me with the worst! My troll spirit wants to eat somethin' else for once, even if I only get the skinny bits of the Wizzard. Maybe they're savoury, like. Or sweet? Let's find out.

I say that carol should go like this:

I'm gettin' mutton for Christmas
I'd rather eat a horse
I'd rather eat a nelly phant
and have a second course

I dunno what they look like, but nelly phants are bigger than horses and sheep, ain't they?
Old 01-21-2013, 11:49 PM   #46
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Where's yours? Blimey, what self-respectin' she-troll wants stringy mutton to gnaw on when there's man-flesh to be had? (Wizards is Men, ain't they?)
Old 01-21-2013, 11:51 PM   #47
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Where's yours? Blimey, what self-respectin' she-troll wants stringy mutton to gnaw on when there's man-flesh to be had? (Wizards is Men, ain't they?)
They be wizard trolls! Don't any of ye pay attention? Mayhaps it your head what is filled with stone, and only mine that's really made of the stuff.

Unless of course you're all right with eating your own kind. I won't judge, as long as it isn't my leg you want to gnaw on.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:56 PM   #48
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
They be wizard trolls! Don't any of ye pay attention? Mayhaps it your head what is filled with stone, and only mine that's really made of the stuff.

Unless of course you're all right with eating your own kind. I won't judge, as long as it isn't my leg you want to gnaw on.
Break me teeth on your tough old shanks? Not likely!

Nah, but these wizards ain't real trolls, they just look that way.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:58 PM   #49
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:

They'll taste like troll? You're dashin' my dreams here, Sal.

Hah, you can't fool me! You're just tryin' to get the best bits fer yerself, you sneak. I'll be saunterin' up to the pot late, all sad, and going to eat the dregs, and then I'll know: it was tasty man-flesh all along! Well, I won't let you get away with keeping the good stuff to yerself.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:01 AM   #50
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Break me teeth on your tough old shanks? Not likely!

Nah, but these wizards ain't real trolls, they just look that way.
I should think so!

They ain't real trolls, you say? What's this madness? In that case, let's find the scrawny sages and pass the hot sauce!
Old 01-22-2013, 12:19 AM   #51
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Oy, I know we may be trolls, but we be trolls in one ugly situation. Really, banter may be all fun, but it won't do us much good in the long run. Don't ye think it's time we pick out who these nasty wizards are? Or they'll soon enough turn us all into stone. And we won't be gettin even mutton to eat if we all stone.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:52 AM   #52
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

It's all gone quiet!

See, Brin, you're right as right can be, and we have to catch them wizzards quick. But how are we goin' to do this? There's more of us than any can count.

We need...a plan. We need to out-tricksy wizzards, who are very tricksy accordin' to all.

So let's see what plans we've got so far.

Vol: wants to lick us all, to taste test.
Pom: thinks maybe Leg an' Lom were wizers.
Oz: wants us to try poses out an' says the one who can do it is a wizer.
Rick: wants to lynch Lad...Why's that, Rick?
Gil: wants us all to talk, so's his nose can sniff out the wizers.
Sal: wants us to hold up our feet, so's we can see the wizer's shoes.
Cop: wants us to look fer tricksy wizards by their actions...but changed her mind and wants us to out-tricksy the wizards instead. Hey, that's me. My head still aches.

An' nobody aside from those seems to have a plan in their head.

I'm out of ideas, I am.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:43 AM   #53
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Pom, McCaber, and Morsul probably gave the most substantial posts early in the Day. Not a lot of substance, but I'll give them points for the effort.

I hate the first Day because it's always the easiest Day for the baddies to hide. We're starting from scratch which means we can typically only identify suspicious behavior in subtleties, and even that can be easily misinterpreted.

As for all the banter- I don't see a problem with some banter; that's part of the fun of Day 1. But when banter goes on and on for several posts without any substance in between, that is a problem. Now, I've seen innocents get a little too carried away with IC posts, but I have also seen baddies use the IC banter as a distraction.

Surely I'm not the only one who will vote early. I'm curious to see how spread out the voting will end up (in timing). Now I know how we all love to wait until the end, but hopefully it won't come to a dozen votes in the final minute...
Old 01-22-2013, 03:43 AM   #54
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
Pom, McCaber, and Morsul probably gave the most substantial posts early in the Day. Not a lot of substance, but I'll give them points for the effort.

I hate the first Day because it's always the easiest Day for the baddies to hide. We're starting from scratch which means we can typically only identify suspicious behavior in subtleties, and even that can be easily misinterpreted.

As for all the banter- I don't see a problem with some banter; that's part of the fun of Day 1. But when banter goes on and on for several posts without any substance in between, that is a problem. Now, I've seen innocents get a little too carried away with IC posts, but I have also seen baddies use the IC banter as a distraction.
Fair enough, I think we were all getting a bit carried away. As our mods pointed out, it's not often one can be a troll here.

Well, One thing I'm curious about is why Morsul (#24) saw Kath's references to singing and The Wizard of Oz (#5,#13) as possible cobbler-hints.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:03 AM   #55
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
McCaber, your use of suspicious in post #29 felt somewhat exaggerated. Or was it all just observations on humorous exchanges? Or some as actual interpretations of suspicion?
Old 01-22-2013, 04:08 AM   #56
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

Well, I need to decide who to vote for, as I'll be voting early tonight.

Trolls who have yet to show up:

Green
Bane
Shaz
Nog

I fully expect that everyone will show up, though. For now I won't vote for any of those four.

Bore: Asks Vol to stop licking him, and claims to have eaten a wizard once.

Brin: Wants to cut out banter. Gives Pom, Cab, and Mors points for effort. Will vote early.

Gil: Wants everyone to talk. Says is a red shirt of Werewolf, and that sometimes his shirts are his trousers and vice versa.

Lad: Wants to eat a burrahobbit . Says we have to fear those who aren't up to no good. Disagrees with Mors and says he wouldn't call something Pom said a suggestion, more like standard first day banter.

Kat: Talks about a green city, spinach, and says that Mors may be trying to distract us by talking more about trolls than wizards.

Lot: Wonders what Kat is doing talking about Wizers of Oz and if that's a hint at Oz being a wizard. Talks about how the only good wizard is a wizard cooked in various styles.

Cab: Makes a quick summary of posts so far. Part banter, part commenting on who finds who suspicious.

Mors: Fairly talkative. Makes a summary for each troll 6 posts after the game start. I would find that odd, but it actually is helpful to know how he sees everyone's usual playing style. Later, he tells Pom that he'll try to avoid kneejerk reactions. Wonders if Kat's comment about the wizard of Oz is a cobbler hint. Then wonders if something else Kat said was to draw attention to the hint. But I don't see the latter there...

Nerve: Says the singing cobblers stuff is all Mors and that she doesn't see much in that herself. Corrects Sal about troll meal priorities. Is curious about why Mors saw Kat as giving possible cobbler hints.

Oz: Is taking a midnight nap.

Pom: Recaps rules. Asks Morsul what it means when he says he usually sees her as suspicious, and says he's been putting effort in but doesn't see where it gets us.

Rick: Says Lad is no good and has plenty of meat on his bones so we should lynch him, and some other banter.

Sal: Has foolproof shoe-checking method of wizard detection, and speaks of the virtues of mutton. Decides to get the hot sauce, after Nerve says the wizards are made of man-flesh.

Vol: Confusing. Proposes licking to determine flavour and find wizards.

There's so much banter that it's going to be hard to get anything out of it, but it's better than nothing.

If I vote soon, I'll be voting for Boro, based on gut feelings. There isn't enough info so far for me to make a better reasoned guess. Unfortunately I'll probably be voting before we get to the substance of the day.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:45 AM   #57
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppermirror View Post
If I vote soon, I'll be voting for Boro, based on gut feelings. There isn't enough info so far for me to make a better reasoned guess. Unfortunately I'll probably be voting before we get to the substance of the day.
Unless I've missed something, Boro has posted only-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Blimey, Volo! stop yer lickin' me! If I don't serpose haf of you taste haff as well as I should like and I like less than haff of you haff as well as you would taste!
and

Quote:
I ate a wizer once. Roastin 'im werent very tastey, too stringy., er it may 'ave been a lizer.
How are you getting even a gut-feeling out of that? Is it the talk of eating us?
Old 01-22-2013, 04:56 AM   #58
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

Okay, I have to vote immediately, and it's better to vote than not to vote at all. So: ++Boromir. Reasons: gut feeling, and the fact his only two comments had little content. (Downside to this: it's reasonable to assume that he'll post more later, so I can't take the latter into consideration too much.)

And before posting I've seen Nerwen's comment. Just a sec...

Quote:
How are you getting even a gut-feeling out of that? Is it the talk of eating us?
No, it's not the talk of eating us. I can't even quite put my finger on why. But it's down to Boro, a random vote, or abstaining from voting right now, so Boro it is. I'm aware that it's not the best reasoning.

I won't be back before the deadline, so this is it from me for today.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:16 AM   #59
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I was going to quote the question but since a fair amount of people are asking.

The reason I see Kat's singing as a possible hint is the song she chose. The "Wonderful" Wizard of Oz.

I's like to subject to this he'e Cou't No wiz is a wondafuh wiz eh?

I'll be here for about 20 more minutes then off to work a double so won't be back for DL may or may not vote since so many people have yet to post.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:20 AM   #60
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Man... ++Kat

based on what I have up there. Really not strong evfidence but best I can get before leaving for work...

Edit: forgot the "++"
Old 01-22-2013, 06:20 AM   #61
Bane Mantra
Newly Deceased

Bane Mantra has just left Hobbiton.
Is I the only one oo's been finkin' tonight? Everybody knows that wizzards have beards, lads and laddesses. So that's what we've gots ter do, find a troll wiv facial hair and squash 'im (or 'er, fair is fair) into jelly ter spread on some nice, maggoty bread!

Wha'ever would ye lads and laddesses do wiv'out ther cleverest troll, ole Bane, innit?

Anyhow, I'm having problems gauging wizardly magickality through trollish banter and my already-established newness. In my limited experience, more posts are subconsciously associated with innocence on Day (erm, Night) 1, but suffice to say that I'm not going to rely on a generalization for a vote.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:30 AM   #62
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Boots Mods' note

Coppermirror and Morsul's votes do count, but please next time post the votes on a separate line. Highlighting is optional.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:37 AM   #63
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Boots

Blimey! Bane's showed 'is ugly mug at last! Didn't I 'ear 'im a-braggin' of 'ow 'e were part ti... something... ti-tan-ee-yum, that were it! I arks yers all, what sort of constitushoolin is that fer an honest stone-troll?
Old 01-22-2013, 06:40 AM   #64
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Morsul- I see what you mean now. Thin, but possible.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:51 AM   #65
Ozban
Haunting Spirit

Ozban has just left Hobbiton.
Yawn! Good aftermidnight everyone.

So the first votes had been cast. Kat 'n' Bore.

Just few thoughts on our lot.

Lad - I'm very suspicous of him. He's mesmerizing, guesome ... spectre-like... (don't take this bad, but personal it is. You butchered me horribly on my first game.)

Nog - Pretty much same as Lad and for those exact reasons. But I'll agree about his logical thinking, could be a great asset.

Kat - Don't know if we ever played together, but i'm mildly concerned about her. Just a gut feeling.

Bore - I see his posts as IC only, nothing bad.

Mors - Really active, might be just his style, might be trying to confuse us newcomers.

Nerve - Somehow unnerving, don't know why.

Sal's and Cop's discussion is not really important in my view.

Then there are those silent ones, which I don't like much.

No significant thoughts on the rest

Let's see how the rest of day goes. But I'm probably not voting soon, still not nearly enough to decide, but perhaps there never will be on day1.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:54 AM   #66
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
The only thing more useless than banter is recap of banter. I've never played with Copper before, but I have played with many a wolf (or wizard) who made long, detailed, organized posts with little content. I have a bad feeling about it.

Who was it who asked me why I suspected Zil? I suspect him because I always suspect him, simple as that. He's distracting, hanging around looking evil all the time. I want to lynch him so I don't have to worry about it.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:30 AM   #67
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Okay, so I kinda overslept, so I don't have much time.

So far I'm feeling good about Rikae. She seems the most genuine at least. Pom seems okay as well, for now.

I don't like Copper's vote because Boro has hardly said anything and I don't know how she can get a gut feeling about him based on those posts. I'd hold off on voting her toDay though, because I haven't played with Copper before and don't know her playing style.

Morsul votes Kath based on some weak cobbler suspicions. But wouldn't it be better to vote for a suspected wizard? But I'll let it pass, since in his defense there is so little to go on right now.

I don't like all of Sally's bantering, but then again it is Sally.

My vote toDay will be:

++Nerwen

While I don't feel terribly confident in my vote, she has displayed the most suspicious behavior to me so far. By suspicious, I refer to excessive bantering combined with picking up on comments that she could later use as reasons for an easy lynch (like Morsul's comment on Kath). I realize it's weak reasoning, but there's really not much else to go on and I do generally tend to be pretty wary about Nerwen anyway.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:43 AM   #68
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
[LEFT]The only thing more useless than banter is recap of banter. I've never played with Copper before, but I have played with many a wolf (or wizard) who made long, detailed, organized posts with little content. I have a bad feeling about it.
I don't like it either- however, I have played with her before, and she tends to do this regardless. Though there was rather more of it the time she was a wolf than the times she was innocent.
Edit:x'd with horrible evil Brinniel.

Last edited by Nerwen; 01-22-2013 at 07:47 AM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:54 AM   #69
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinn
By suspicious, I refer to excessive bantering combined with picking up on comments that she could later use as reasons for an easy lynch (like Morsul's comment on Kath).
Excessive bantering:guilty as charged. The other thing: no, I just wanted to know what he was getting at.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:11 AM   #70
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
The good news for ToDay(Night) is the extreme cold has granted me a day off, so I'll be here. Future participation will be as expectexted, not being here last few hours of the DL.

Quote:
I don't like Copper's vote because Boro has hardly said anything and I don't know how she can get a gut feeling about him based on those posts. I'd hold off on voting her toDay though, because I haven't played with Copper before and don't know her playing style.

Morsul votes Kath based on some weak cobbler suspicions. But wouldn't it be better to vote for a suspected wizard? But I'll let it pass, since in his defense there is so little to go on right now.
Cop's early vote does bebuther me, not because of voting early, but I don't understand what makes my IC banter more gut-feeling suspicious than the rest I do talk about eatin' frequently, but when I do think, Iz usually thinkin bout food.

Morsul's is less buthersom, cuz we see a clear line of logic...er logical amongst troll herds...mmm herds need shepp'erds shepp'erds are some fine dining. Umm oh, Morsul's vote. I wouldn't vote for Kath based on his reasons, but his early vote dispalys his mind and what he's thinking clear enough. It's reasonin' we can track, if you follow me, and not gut-feelings.

Nothin' against gut-feelings, if that's all you've got goin' on, but not all guts are the same. You can't track gut-feelings, it tells what yer stomach's thinkin', not what yer brains are. Ill gut-feelings could be spoiled mutton for dinner. When you use head-feelings, you can at least track bad, good, innocent or guilty reasonin'.

Boils down to we know what Morsul's thinking with his early vote. Can't tell what Cop is.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:20 AM   #71
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Oy, I know we may be trolls, but we be trolls in one ugly situation. Really, banter may be all fun, but it won't do us much good in the long run. Don't ye think it's time we pick out who these nasty wizards are? Or they'll soon enough turn us all into stone. And we won't be gettin even mutton to eat if we all stone.
Agreed. I can't keep up with such creative banter anyway.

Quote:
Well, One thing I'm curious about is why Morsul (#24) saw Kath's references to singing and The Wizard of Oz (#5,#13) as possible cobbler-hints.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark View Post
I was going to quote the question but since a fair amount of people are asking.

The reason I see Kat's singing as a possible hint is the song she chose. The "Wonderful" Wizard of Oz.

I's like to subject to this he'e Cou't No wiz is a wondafuh wiz eh?
Meh, that's a stretch, but as a Day (Night?) 1 vote, maybe not so bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Who was it who asked me why I suspected Zil? I suspect him because I always suspect him, simple as that. He's distracting, hanging around looking evil all the time. I want to lynch him so I don't have to worry about it.
Ah, yes. it's mutual, naturally.

++Rik...

Nah, not yet.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:32 AM   #72
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
I think my ears are so full of hair that I can hear only bits and pieces, which is to say I've skimmed through. The case with Kath seems too harsh. To me her posts feel like empty banter - even due to the various more complex interpretations which could be read from them. To my knowledge, Kath can be a very brave player, but currently no other interpretation but troll feels based enough to me. Until further notice that is.

Maybe by lifting Lom and Leg, clues could be found from under them. We don't actually know if Wizers look like trolls, they might be earthworms for all I can say.

If I find no earthworms I'll try to clear my ears of excessive hair.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:41 AM   #73
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
Blimey these votes be spread out. Wouldn't that make for a game if we all just voted for the person next to us in a grand display of mass lynching.

My gut feeling person hasn't spoken up enough for me to warrant a vote against them.

Cop -> Bor

I agree with Brin on how the first day is always the worst, and while I see Cop's point on Bor not posting anything to add, I fear if Bor gets voted it is because of that, he would be an easy vote like the fate I befall so many times in the past.

Mor -> Kat

Mor's reasoning is rather picky, but I think he is just trying to justify his gut feeling to his vote. I know that feeling, as mentioned earlier.

Brin -> Ner

Makes an understandable attempt at Ner, but then again first day lynchings is always the hardest. and Ner has had the most substantial input today.

Hate that this is my only chance to vote, and I don't want to add another name to this growing list, I am going to have to say:

++Nerwen

The thing with this game is being careful on what to say, and to note on how the Wizer's and Cobblers will try to bring up other arguments between other players to not be looked at themselves.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:11 AM   #74
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

This may sound like an "omgus" post- but honestly, I think Gil's post there looks really bad. He says he's voting me so as not to "add another name to this growing list"- a list (at the time of posting) of three names in a village of eighteen.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:19 AM   #75
Bane Mantra
Newly Deceased

Bane Mantra has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil-Galad View Post

The thing with this game is being careful on what to say, and to note on how the Wizer's and Cobblers will try to bring up other arguments between other players to not be looked at themselves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil-Galad

Cop -> Bor

I agree with Brin on how the first day is always the worst, and while I see Cop's point on Bor not posting anything to add, I fear if Bor gets voted it is because of that, he would be an easy vote like the fate I befall so many times in the past.

Mor -> Kat

Mor's reasoning is rather picky, but I think he is just trying to justify his gut feeling to his vote. I know that feeling, as mentioned earlier.

Brin -> Ner

Makes an understandable attempt at Ner, but then again first day lynchings is always the hardest. and Ner has had the most substantial input today
Perhaps they will indeed, Gil.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:37 AM   #76
Gil-Galad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane Mantra View Post
Perhaps they will indeed, Gil.
So it begins. I have accepted this "damned if you do, damned if you don't" portion of the game. Nobody likes to be voted for on the first day and as much as I would love to abstain, that would draw criticisms upon oneself.

And in my defence Bane I was just summing up other players reasoning on votes. I forgot how statements can be turned against me.

Last edited by Gil-Galad; 01-22-2013 at 09:40 AM.
Gil-Galad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:49 AM   #77
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
So it begins. I have accepted this "damned if you do, damned if you don't" portion of the game. Nobody likes to be voted for on the first day and as much as I would love to abstain, that would draw criticisms upon oneself.
I know, I know, people who never vote on Day One are a disgrace, aren't we- er, I mean they?

But seriously- Gil, at the point when three people each have one vote, you're certainly not limited to them only, and when you claim you are, it looks like opportunism followed by hand washing.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:53 AM   #78
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
I can understand wanting to give a vote, even when there's not a great deal to work with. I think your reasoning for doing so seems off though; not wanting to look suspicious yourself.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:11 AM   #79
Gil-Galad

Quote:
I know, I know, people who never vote on Day One are a disgrace, aren't we- er, I mean they?

But seriously- Gil, at the point when three people each have one vote, you're certainly not limited to them only, and when you claim you are, it looks like opportunism followed by hand washing.
Here is how I look at it, Inz threw out a name but was non-commited on it, and the troll that my gut tells me to vote for will throw another name, making it 6 individual names. I am positive more names will get thrown out there and that is the thing. As you said, this is a village of 18 with another 13 possible votes. Day one is for testing the waters, and you being so defensive and afraid that the two votes for you will spell your end reveals something. Are you hiding something Ner? The night is still young and me tipping my hand to you will determine your behaviour now.

The uncertainty will be the death of me, plus I am too nice. The Wizers want confusion and for as many names thrown out to cause discord.

Only one to trust is yourself, and it might be my past experience on day 1 lynchings, but it is too early to call the game Ner, unless you are a panicing Wizer.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:23 AM   #80
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Day one is for testing the waters, and you being so defensive and afraid that the two votes for you will spell your end reveals something.
It possibly would had I in fact been defensive or expressed such a fear. But as anyone can see I didn't... nice try, Gil.

What I did say was that your vote, or rather the reason you give for it, looks bad. That is still my opinion, and your posting since hasn't exactly helped.