The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-26-2013, 01:18 PM   #361
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Silmaril Shasta

Ive just texted him and he says he is unlikely to return toDay because his Internet is still being wonky.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:22 PM   #362
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
Ive just texted him and he says he is unlikely to return toDay because his Internet is still being wonky.
Hmm...I wonder if any chance he'll be able to get a free pass due to his internet situation. Otherwise, it looks like we'll be losing three players toDay, which is unfortunate.
Old 01-26-2013, 01:28 PM   #363
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
Hmm...I wonder if any chance he'll be able to get a free pass due to his internet situation. Otherwise, it looks like we'll be losing three players toDay, which is unfortunate.
The mods have not yet had time to discuss this in full but I think we could give Shasta a free pass still for one more day, since it's for technical reasons - and just hope that he will be able to make it later. Bane seems not responding, so unless he appears (which would be nice), he will be modfired. Otherwise, a reminder for everyone, that they should vote, especially those, who did not do so yesterDay.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:36 PM   #364
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
No one rage-quitting, please...no one. Calm down. Both sides seem to be misinterpretting what the others are saying, and it doesn't help when you go after it as "my words are getting twisted etc."

Different packs of people behave differently and go after kills for different reasons depending on the situation. Nerwen's not being unreasonable when the fact is analyzing the night kill is what we're supposed to do. I figured we'd get the "they thought Volo was the seer" theory as it's the first basic assumption when someone is killed. We wouldn't be doing a proper job if we just ignored the night-kill.

What needed to be kept in mind is whatever the roles thought in killing Volo, what Volo actually said about his suspicions/innocents/people is just going to lead us in circles. To use his posts to pinpoint what the wizards thought he got right, and thus why they killed Volo, is not going to get us anywhere. It's just as possible maybe they saw his "I need to vote for Nerwen to save McCaber" and then Day 2 "I feel better about Nerwen" as the seerish vibe and thus to get rid of someone who gave a seer vibe before he dreamed on of them.

What's suspicious is the reason's Rikae hasn't so eloquently or clearly pointed out. That is the spin Nog appears to be putting on the kill and that is "they thought Volo was the seer because he was right about one of his suspects." That is where the set up seems to be, and Rikae over-reacted to believe the wizards were setting up her. I agree with Nerwen that if wolves think a seer has pinned one of them, they kill the seer, if killed person turns out to be the seer they bus the wolf that looks bad.

Volo also said I've been reminding him of when we were wolves together. I think Nerwen pointed this out earlier, but has since focused on Rikae. I didn't say anything at the time, but for the sake of attempting not to make this all about Nerwen vs. Rikae. If I were a wizard and worried Volo pinned me, I'd definitely kill him no matter what would wind up happening to me. That being said, I would hope enough know by now I don't panic at every "I have a bad feeling Boro is bad" statement. I accept it's part of my reputation innocents hope I'm on their side, but won't ever trust me until I'm dead and revealed innocent, or cleared by the seer. Cop's had vague gut-feeling day 1, day 2 said for some unknown reason "I feel like I should be voting for Boro right about now" if I were a wizard what makes anyone think I'd go for Volo over Cop's unsubstantiated "bad gut-feelings" about me? Greenie has now provided no reason for bad feelings about me. I'm sure others I haven't read more carefully have stated something similar. The "I don't trust Boro/bad gut feelings" get tossed around more each game than I like to toss dwarves in sacks around.

I'd really really like to get responses and reactions to my posts analyzing people today. Particularly what the crowd thinks of my Nog and Greenie suspicions. If ya'll don't trust my findings and decide I'm suspicious enough to lynch, so be it. I'd like it remembered when I'm revealed innocent Greenie has twice given veil hints to knowing there's something rotten about me, but has withheld her reasons both times.
Old 01-26-2013, 01:40 PM   #365
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark View Post
Rikae says "I'm a wolf."

Morsul votes Rikae

equals Morsul is Wizard.

And My logic is the confusing one?
Yes. I expect people to use their better judgment. The situation doesn't add up for Rikae being evil and simultaneously freaking out like that. That would put a vast undue burden on packmates in the very early stages of the game. And her whole confession post is incoherent probably on purpose trying to showcase the absurdity of her actions.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:45 PM   #366
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Crossed with several, but I forgot to respond to Cop here:

Quote:
Boro, I'd like some more info about your Day 1 vote. I can see why you didn't like my vote for you earlier, but I'd like to know why you chose to vote for me over the other candidates. Specifically, Pom.
Day 1 I wasn't suspicious of Pom, I was suspicious of you, Brinn, and Nog. Seeing as you had some votes, the others didn't, and despite McCaber and Pom looking opportunistic to latch on and vote for you I wanted to vote for the person I was suspicious of...you.

It may make me a hypocrite to cite that others looked like they were trying to steer focus away from Pom, while I was arguably doing the same (by voting you). But there is a big difference between making a note that McCaber and Pom both looked opportunistic in their day 1 votes. And doing what Greenie did, which was say that both looked opportunistic, but somehow McCaber's was more suspicious than Pom's...thus putting the focus on McCaber's jumpy vote and not Pom's.
Old 01-26-2013, 01:47 PM   #367
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dűm

Coppermirror is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I'm having a lot of trouble toDay. Or in more appropriate troll-speak, blimey, them wizer's schemes ain't half givin' me an 'eadache.

It's troublesome that whether Rikae is innocent or not, this has taken up so much of the Day for so many people. With the numbers we're dealing with it's already hard (for me, anyway) to give each the attention and analysis that's needed.

So, since I'm not going to have time to look in depth at everyone, I'm going to pick Boro because of some suspicions I have about him and because I want to see if that stacks up to the facts. It'll help me out a lot if he responds to my question at #343.

Boro-analysis/summary

Day 1:

#70 - Doesn't like my vote for him, for fairly obvious reasons. Says that Morsul's is less bothersome because there's a clear line of logic and can see what he's thinking.

#86 - Thinks Gil is looking in the wrong place and hence would vote Gil if it came down to Gil vs Nerwen. But doesn't seem to really suspect Gil, given knowledge of Gil's style. Thinks wizards may be leaping at an offered redshirt.

- Top suspicions are me, for my vote for him, and Brin, for her vote for Nerwen. Feels reluctant to vote for people who won't be back before deadline. A bit suspicious of Nog for being noncommittal. He states he doesn't want to see Nerwen, Gil, or Rikae lynched that Day, and gives reasons.

#133 - Says there is a counter-Cop wagon to bus McCaber to the front. (Bus? I thought that was a term used for wolves. Will go and check the definitions post.) Anyway, he comments on how little hard evidence there is and how the voting will be revealing toMorrow. (Not particularly helpful, but not suspicious either.)

#136 - Votes for me, saying he doesn't see his mind changing and "so might as well go now and see what shakes out".

Day 2:

#162 - Thinks that Sally looks best, and that Shasta, Inzil, and Lottie look fairly good too. I'm also inclined to think that the latter two look reasonably good on the info so far, but am not so sure about Shasta.

Thinks that the Pom-voters look clean and that those who tried to put forward other candidates - Volo, Nog, and Ozban - look worse. Not listing himself as someone who also tried to go for another candidate after Pom's slip. Out of the three listed there, two are proven not to be wolves. Of course, a lot of other people also thought that non-Pom voters were suspicious.

Did not show up for the rest of the day or to vote, for accepted RL reasons.

Day 3

#278 - Begins analysis.

Suspicious of Greenie for subtle steering attempts and hypocrisy. Thinks she should still have strong suspicions of McCaber. Thinks Bane looks okay so far. Thinks Brin on Day 1 wasn't as bad as he thought, and that her reasoning looks honest on Day 2 although he doesn't agree with her trust of Greenie.

#307 - rest of analysis.
Coppermirror - still dislikes my vote, but thinks he could just have revengeful feelings, and thinks Pom's vote and reaction doesn't fit with interpreting me as a wizard.
Gil - doesn't think a wizard Gil would be laying things on so thick.
Inzil - thinks he looks innocent. Personally I think Inzil looks more likely to be innocent too.
Kath - nothing much to say.
Lottie - thinks looks as good as Inzil, but notes that she could be a wizard who was leaving her options open.
McCaber - Argues against some of the points people brought up as suspicious about McCab. Says Greenie's reaction at some times was not good, and Nog's was worse.
Morsul - opinion same as on Day 1.
Nerwen - says little about her.
Nogrod - sees red flags. Thinks might be a wizard who was trying to look like a cobbler.
Rikae - leaning innocent towards her. Makes another point about Greenie.
Sally - thinks looks innocent and making good votes.
Shasta - thinks Shasta wouldn't vote for a teammate when he wasn't under threat or in particular need of looking innocent. (I disagree, based on the first game I played with him. Even so, he did give the deciding Pom vote this time, which is a much more serious situation.)

#320 - speculates about self-voting Rikae's intentions. Thinks she may be trying to protect someone. Considers possibility that she might be trying to stop her packmates from trying to save her.

#323 - responds to Greenie's statement (which said that Boro's looking bad but she won't elaborate yet).

#335 - responds to Greenie and says he'll be waiting for her eventual explanation.

So, overall, it's Boro's Day 1 vote which makes me suspicious, because it looks like a possible attempt to save Pom and he hasn't commented much on his reasoning. (Granted, Nog also looks suspicious on those grounds.) That aside, I find that some of his opinions are reasonable, and that that makes him less suspicious than I thought. It doesn't convince me completely, but it does mean that until I see more of Boro and get some more info, I won't be voting for him. I'm also very curious about the kerfuffle between him and Greenie toDay.

Edit: cross-posted since #363. And spelling.
Coppermirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:54 PM   #368
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
It may make me a hypocrite to cite that others looked like they were trying to steer focus away from Pom, while I was arguably doing the same (by voting you). But there is a big difference between making a note that McCaber and Pom both looked opportunistic in their day 1 votes. And doing what Greenie did, which was say that both looked opportunistic, but somehow McCaber's was more suspicious than Pom's...thus putting the focus on McCaber's jumpy vote and not Pom's.
I noticed that, too, but as I was a part of that situation I decided to wait on it and see if there would be any fallout from it rather than immediately leap in with a passioned defense and turn it into a big thing right there.

But I agree with your points. It felt really weird to me to be jumped on and have Pom ignored.

EDIT: X'd with CM.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:15 PM   #369
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Gil

Quote:
Pom was trying to be a sneaky wizer and gave a vote for Cop, thinking that vote will have nothing to come of it and evade suspicion on Pom and Cop being Wizers. Then Cab voted for Cop. Pom paniced, fearing that if more people vote for WizerCop(keeping the hooliganwizers off the streets har har), Cop will be lynched.
I think that's a stretch. Copper was already gathering some attention for her vote. As someone already mentioned, Pom's vote looked more opportunistic.

Quote:
This leads to Green, Nog, Oz and Rik being added to my suspects list, if they were trying to save their fellow wizer by drawing the votes onto Cab.

Nog is least suspected, since he just threw his vote and it had little effect besides state his intention to suspect Cab.

I just have to look at Green, Oz and Rik closer now toDay if I feel they smell like a wizer, but I won't jump to conclusions. Same goes with Cop, my prime suspect in this plot.
So at the beginning of the Day, his suspects are Greenie, Oz, Rikae, andCopper, with Copper at the top.

Quote:
I feel like I need to point this out and ask for others to keep an eye on it, but something is bugging me about Brin and Nerwe. Just that Brin voted Nerwe, then when I voted the same I got the most attention. I had to explain my reasoning later to defend myself since I couldn't say "Its a secret test" at first which would ultimately defeat the secret part of the test. Now Brins posts for toDay are giving Nerwe all her trust and making my vote be the bad guy.
Then he starts suspecting me. I already noted that me trusting Nerwen was a false statement.

Quote:
Volo has been one that has been playing rather... Sloppy. This could mean that Vol has no role and thus little interest, or trying to play it super low if given a role. The bandwagon comment and bringing Nerwen back up to a potential lynchee is unsettling.

Thus for toDay, I am going to have to say:

++Volo

If he turns out to be an Ordo, then I will have to go back to my initial suspect of Brin. We shall see toNight as I won't be back on until right before the deadline.
Then he suddenly suspects and votes for Volo, dropping all his suspects from earlier in the Day (particularly Copper). He did say he was going to take a closer look at them, but if he did, he didn't mention it.

I noticed Gil bandwagoned on my vote both Days. I don't know if that's just some weird coincidence.

The rest of his posts that Day are defensive with the woe-is-me attitude. I didn't mind him acting that way at first, but he hasn't backed off of it. I recall seeing this behavior from both an evil and innocent Gil. And I do wonder if perhaps a Gil-wolf may be relying on this behavior to appear as a frustrated ordinary innocent.

That and his inconsistency in suspicion has me worried about him. I did see that he posted that he might not participate much toDay. I do hope he shows up before deadline though, because I'd like to hear from him.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:30 PM   #370
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
If she were a baddie, Rikae would have to rely on the idea that most players would believe her to be a suicidal innocent, which would be an awfully risky move. Anyone who self-votes is putting themselves at high risk of getting lynched, and if an evil Rikae were lynched, the ratio would be 13-2, making it extremely difficult for the remaining baddies to pull off a win, especially with three gifteds still alive. If an evil Rikae felt certain the increasing lynch would result in her lynch, it seems more likely she would false reveal than self-vote.

I don't know how likely she be the hunter either. This early in the game chances are she'd take down another innocent. And while odds are against it, it'd be particularly disastrous if she accidentally took out the ranger or seer.
This matches my take on the whole, strange situation. Even if a Wizard-Rikae was somehow able to convince everyone she was innocent, she'd be opening herself to the Seer. I can't really see the source of the original drama, though. I mean, yes, Rikae was under some suspicion, but it doesn't appear to have been anything out of the ordinary. So I don't know about the deal between her and Nerwen.

Quote:
Rikae's retraction of a post(which may or may not be sarcastic, I certainly didn't read sarcasm I read a resigned wolf. Too much detail for it to be sarcastic.) is odd.

Now she's claiming to be a sucidal Ordo. I find that odd almost like confessing then saying Haha joking you guys! Also to say not the hunter, well... my reason for voting sort of goes in the chute.

I think Rikae is a wizard and just got so annoyed and stressed(Truly truly sorry for your loss) she in essence ragequit the game, but now having calmed down has tried to defend the post as dark humor.
I just don't see this as likely. And didn't you initially say you thought Rikae could be the Purseholder, and that was a factor in your vote?

Quote:
I noticed Gil bandwagoned on my vote both Days. I don't know if that's just some weird coincidence.
That caught my eye as well. If he was a Wizard and you an innocent, it might be a way to either buddy up to you or draw attention to you if he was outed.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:35 PM   #371
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Nogrod is the other one I'm worried about.

His Day 1 vote did look fishy. He explained his tactic the next Day, which did make me feel a little better about him, but a Nogwolf would be clever enough to come up with some reasonable explanation for his vote.

Day 2 he and Sally were the last two to vote, deciding between the two options. Nogrod mentioned that it was possible both candidates were innocent and the baddies could be just sitting back and letting it happen. I do agree that's possible, but I also think Nogrod could be one of those baddies. While Sally stated she was more suspicious of Morsul, Nogrod was ready to go either way. If he were a wizard and Morsul innocent, it wouldn't matter which of the two got lynched.

ToDay I'm worried about him because of his focus on Volo. While Volo's death needs to be discussed to an extent, Nogrod spends a lot of time analyzing his posts and coming up all sorts of possibilities (mostly based on the assumption the wizards thought Volo was the seer). As Boro mentioned, Volo was the cobbler and analyzing his posts and the reasons he was killed will just keep us going in circles. Not to mention, distract us from looking at other things. An evil Nogrod would encourage that, and maybe even chose Volo for that purpose.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:48 PM   #372
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dűm

Overall opinions

Boro: Doubt I'll be voting for him, for reasons given above. His explanation for the vote I was worried about wasn't bad, but doesn't remove all the suspicion about vote placement. I'm also curious to find out what Greenie says is bad about him. She will have to come up with something toMorrow.

Nog: also has suspicious vote placement on Day 1, and on Day 2 he thought Ozban was a better choice than Morsul (granted, I thought the latter too and so did some others). Was his post toDay one which placed undue suspicion on Rikae? Not especially. If made by a wolf,

Morsul: His vote for Rikae toDay looked hasty. There are still assorted things that I mentioned yesterDay which make me concerned bout him. On the other hand, I don't find the point many people focused on to be persuasive.

If Volo's death was for looking Seerish, his comment on Morsul looking genuine speaks in his favour. But if it wasn't, it might have been a tactic to throw off suspicion of Morsul, because of the perceived Morsul-Volo connection and Volo's statement of him as innocent. (Which...means that in reality, chances are the cobbler thought Morsul looked fishy and wizardy.)

McCaber: I'm a bit less suspicious of him toDay than I was yesterDay. Not a voting candidate at present.

Gil-Galad: He had some very suspicious logic yesterDay. It could be that he is a wizard relying upon people believing that random or illogical things are just part of his playing style, but that makes it hard to know whether or not he's guilty.

Gil voted Volo. There was good reason for an innocent to suspect Volo, and a lot of people did. It would also be a very safe vote for a wizard. (As were many votes that Day, unfortunately.)

I don't think I'll be making a Greenie vote toDay, but I will carefully consider all the information about her before the next Day and hope to have an opinion then. I also need to take a really good look at Nerwen, because so far I haven't been able to get a good feel for her behaviour.

I'm not currently concerned about: Loslote, Bane, Shasta, Inzil, Sally.
Brin I'm feeling more neutral about than I was yesterDay, and I'll want to look back on her posts in case there's something I've missed.

Rikae's behaviour toDay is a bit of a headache. It could be a wizardy confusion tactic, but I don't see why a wizard would be this desperate toDay. Especially since Rikae has a funeral to go to toDay, and that could up stress levels like anything, I'm inclined to give her the benefit of the doubt and assume she's an innocent ordo.

ToDay I'm considering voting for: Gil, Morsul, Nog. In no particular order.

Edit: formatting
Old 01-26-2013, 02:54 PM   #373
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I'm being hastily pulled away and might not be back before DL, so I've got to go with my best candidate so far.

++ Morsul
Old 01-26-2013, 02:56 PM   #374
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Okay back and reading soon... only two full pages to read.

Just a quick one for this last one I saw above this post Brinn talks about me.

Quote:
ToDay I'm worried about him because of his focus on Volo. While Volo's death needs to be discussed to an extent, Nogrod spends a lot of time analyzing his posts and coming up all sorts of possibilities (mostly based on the assumption the wizards thought Volo was the seer). As Boro mentioned, Volo was the cobbler and analyzing his posts and the reasons he was killed will just keep us going in circles. Not to mention, distract us from looking at other things. An evil Nogrod would encourage that, and maybe even chose Volo for that purpose.
Yeah. I was online in the start of the Day and shortly in the middle. Sorry. I have not had time to do anything else toDay. But then again, I do think I have concentrated my effort on the best clue we have right now, which is why they picked Volo.

I'm not sure it is the only possible solution they picked him because they thought he was the seer, but if you have a better idea about why they picked him I'm all ears (and not sure if someone has actually done that already in the two pages I haven't yet read - going to do that like now).

What I do dislike (and find a bit disturbing) - if Brinn quotes him right - is Boro's comment of the thought going in circles if we look at Volo because he was the cobbler.

No. Not at all. The thought was about asking why the wolves decided to pick Volo exactly (aka. not knowing he was the cobbler). Volo's actual role has nothing to do with that question.

And Boro should see that.

EDIT: X'd with Copper & McCaber
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:01 PM   #375
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dűm

Votes so far toDay

Rikae -> Rikae
Nerwen -> Rikae (2)
Morsul -> Rikae (3)

McCaber -> Morsul

Yet to vote:

Bane - has he shown up toDay?
Boromir
Brinniel
Coppermirror
Gil
Greenie
Inzil
Kath - has she shown up toDay?
Loslote
Nogrod
Sally

Shasta - absent due to internet problems

I don't think people are wanting to lynch Rikae toDay, and because she already has three votes, we have to be very careful. There's only an hour left til deadline, right? If she's telling the truth, she's an ordo, but we still don't want to lynch her by accident.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:04 PM   #376
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Not worried about
Rikae: Just looks like a frustrated ordo.
Copper: As already stated, I'm still thinking that Pom's vote was probably not wolf-on-wolf.
Greenie: I'm feeling good about her posts toDay. They seem well thought-out and logical enough.
Shasta: Hope he shows up toMorrow.
Inzil: His Day 1 vote makes him look more innocent and he hasn't said anything to change my opinion of that.
Loslote: Already was leaning innocent because of her Day 1 vote, plus I like what she's said toDay and agree with a lot of it.
Bane: Will probably be modfired.
Sally: I suppose there's always the possibility she's a very sneaky wizard who threw her mate under the bus, but I see no reason to suspect her.
Boromir: Still not sure about him, but I like what he's said toDay.
Nerwen: Like Rikae, looks more like a frustrated innocent.

Not sure what to think

Morsul: His behavior never fails to confuse me. I'm slightly leaning toward innocent, but still feeling uncertain.
McCaber: I don't know. Pom trying to place focus on him makes him look better, but I'm still at a question mark.
Kath: I didn't like her vote yesterDay; she seemed to simply echo others' comments. But she was a bit behind, so that might be part of it.

Worried about (for reasons already stated)
Gil
Nogrod
Old 01-26-2013, 03:05 PM   #377
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
I just don't see this as likely. And didn't you initially say you thought Rikae could be the Purseholder, and that was a factor in your vote?
It was, Rikae however said later that was untrue. I still can't really firgure out why an innocent to suicide like that. while a wizard might hope to be read as suicidal and left alone.

Thing is I've ragequit before but when I did I PMEd the mod and asked to be. Now obviously that doesnt mean Rikae couldn't go the ingame route but if she was deadset on ragequitting why not just take herself out of the game then we wouldn't be spending so much time in this.

Only a wizard wins with this much confusion.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:06 PM   #378
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Rikae seems like the stressed and overreacting innocent Rikae I've seen in the past. Leave her alone, at least for toDay. I'm not touching the other side of that show either. Nerwen is stressed out, and I'm going to let these shenanigans be bygones and move on. I think the entire thing has been blown out of proportion. We can review it toMorrow when everyone has calmed down and go from there.

I'm sorry I'm not more active toDay, but I'll be back in a bit and will provide a list.

X'd since Nog's last
Old 01-26-2013, 03:07 PM   #379
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dűm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
What I do dislike (and find a bit disturbing) - if Brinn quotes him right - is Boro's comment of the thought going in circles if we look at Volo because he was the cobbler.
Given that Boro was one of the people whom Volo was (to appearances) suspicious of, that is something to bear in mind if thinking that Volo was killed for Seerishness. Esp. since toDay Rikae, the person most likely to be suspected in light of assuming Volo was killed for Seerishness, may be looking more like an innocent.

I think I'll take another look at Boro's posts on this page, since this has caught my attention.

Edit: cross-posted since my last.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:07 PM   #380
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
Alright, I have some time, and reading toDay over, it has been a rather tense day. I don't like the Rikae self-sacrifice, and it does feel like votes are wasted on her. I understand, because last day I felt exactly like her with people twisting my words and making me feel frustrated.

I am ultimately uncertain on everyone, and the majority of todays focus has been talking about Rikae and Volo's potential seer-ness. I will hang around a little bit, but I am at a blank for who I want to confidently vote for as everyDay my views change.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:11 PM   #381
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
The thought was about asking why the wolves decided to pick Volo exactly (aka. not knowing he was the cobbler). Volo's actual role has nothing to do with that question.
Well no, I don't think Volo's actual role has anything to do with his death (even if the wizards figured it out, why would they kill their own cobbler?). But I do think it a possibility the wizards chose him over a safer choice was because they hoped his death would keep us going in circles.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:14 PM   #382
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro about McCaber's voting
If I’m sure my opinion isn’t going to change I don’t see a point in holding it for a last minute fury at the DL simply because I will still be around until the DL. I try more to give a person a chance to respond to suspicions if they’ve left for the day, but if I’m sure nothing will look more suspicious than someone making a bad-looking Day 1 vote why bother holding it to the end?
It may be we are built differently psychologically, but as an ordinary villager I could more or less never think to "be sure of my opinion" and if I had time to hang around a minute or two later I would like to keep my vote ready if something happens. That I would call responsible game by a villager.

I mean, yes you feel all bombastic about your suspicion (if you can, I rarely do) and vote an hour early before the DL even if you will hang around until the DL - then the seer comes revealing because of being threatened to be lynched, and you have no chance to save her/him any more because you used your vote already. Or something drastic happens and you feel you should reconsider the whole thing - but you can't as you have voted already... These things happen.

But the wolves naturally more or less know what they are ding - so they can be a lot more confident in their voting.

(Btw. what I found suspicious in McCaber's voting on D1 was not that he voted an hour and a half early, but that he explained his vote as not willing to cause a last minute chaos... Last minutes and one and half an hours are two pretty different things: and voting at the last minutes are very different if you know who's around and what are their intentions than coming from nowhere to vote at the last second.)

Blah. It clearly seems I'm not havong time to continue like this remarking on everything that I think would require a comment. Too little time and too much to read for this kind of approach.

So from now on I try to focus of just forming a generals idea for toDay.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:21 PM   #383
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Hey. I am here. Had cinema issues.

Quick note having read the narration - I don't think it's a surprise Volo was killed. When I was posting about him yesterDay I kept having freak-outs that his weird behaviour could be Seerish. Least we got lucky with him being the Cobbler rather than the actual Seer!

Reading through now.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:21 PM   #384
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

++Greenie

Can't stay around and wait any more for her unknown reasons why I suddenly look bad to her.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:23 PM   #385
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Well, I'm back. I agree that, with so many votes for Rikae already, we need to avoid a last-minute flurry. I'll go ahead and vote now, then...

++Nerwen

I assume you can see why, judging from my previous posts.

And I might hang around, or I might disappear in five minutes - I actually don't know which is going to happen.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:24 PM   #386
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Can't stay around and wait any more for her unknown reasons why I suddenly look bad to her.
I...don't like this vote. If she has reasons she doesn't want to share, fair enough. I've done that before, too - sometimes sharing all your thought processes is not beneficial to the village. Building a suspicion around that seems...oddly lazy, something I wouldn't expect from Boro, no matter what his role is.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:25 PM   #387
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copper
ToDay I'm considering voting for: Gil, Morsul, Nog. In no particular order.
Gil and Nogrod would be my top choices. I'd rather not vote Morsul, but if it came between him and Rikae, I would choose Morsul.

EDIT: X-ed since Kath
Old 01-26-2013, 03:27 PM   #388
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
Quote:
++Greenie

I always find myself suspicious at the ones that talk the most, and in the past days Nog and Green have definitely been the most supportive, and even non-committed to accusations. They haven't been deciding votes, but have been supporting to others arguments.

Arrgh, decisions decisions. Rather, understandable decisions.

I am afraid I am going to have to trust Green here that she might be the seer, and with Bore getting suspicions since day one, I am following my gut here.

++Boromir88

If Bor does get lynched and turns out to be a wolf, I would highly suggest our loveable insomniac troll to protect her.

xed: since 385
Old 01-26-2013, 03:28 PM   #389
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dűm

If Volo was killed for Seerishness, Boro and Gil are top wizard candidates. But Volo might also have picked out innocents and been killed for that.

I remain concerned about Nog and Boro's Day 1 vote placement, and Gil's logic yesterDay. For the reasons in post #229 and his vote toDay, I'm worried about Morsul.

So I could vote for any of those four, since I actually suspect them. I do not want to permit Rikae to be lynched by default, since I don't suspect her any more. (I really don't think a wizard-her would be bringing up a funeral as ammo for why she's stressed. That would be low, and I have no reason to suppose she would stoop that low.)

Edit: crossed since #383
Old 01-26-2013, 03:31 PM   #390
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Well, crud. I'm actually able to stick around ToNight, but events haven't made deciding on a vote especially easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppermirror View Post
I don't think people are wanting to lynch Rikae toDay, and because she already has three votes, we have to be very careful. There's only an hour left til deadline, right? If she's telling the truth, she's an ordo, but we still don't want to lynch her by accident.
I have no intention of voting Rikae. I can't see her acting as she did as a Wizard. Leave her to the Seer.

Quote:
It was, Rikae however said later that was untrue. I still can't really firgure out why an innocent to suicide like that. while a wizard might hope to be read as suicidal and left alone.

Thing is I've ragequit before but when I did I PMEd the mod and asked to be. Now obviously that doesnt mean Rikae couldn't go the ingame route but if she was deadset on ragequitting why not just take herself out of the game then we wouldn't be spending so much time in this.

Only a wizard wins with this much confusion.
I just don't agree, and it looks to me more like you're backpedaling now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
Quick note having read the narration - I don't think it's a surprise Volo was killed. When I was posting about him yesterDay I kept having freak-outs that his weird behaviour could be Seerish. Least we got lucky with him being the Cobbler rather than the actual Seer!
This strikes me as odd, mainly because it reminds me of things I've said as a baddie to "explain" a Night-kill.

x/d with all since #384
Old 01-26-2013, 03:35 PM   #391
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dűm

Votes so far

Rikae -> Rikae
Nerwen -> Rikae (2)
Morsul -> Rikae (3)
McCaber -> Morsul
Boromir -> Greenie
Lottie -> Nerwen
Gil -> Boro

Yet to vote:

Bane - haven't seen him toDay
Brinniel
Coppermirror
Greenie
Inzil
Kath
Nogrod
Sally

Shasta - absent due to internet problems
Old 01-26-2013, 03:36 PM   #392
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Oh, and, really - what the bleep does the wizard of Oz have to do with me being a Cobbler? Is it that Oz could be like Ozban? Was that it?
Old 01-26-2013, 03:36 PM   #393
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Of those who have already received votes, I'd be most likely to vote Boromir. He's not my top suspect, but his vote for Greenie does look bad. Why would he be so concerned with her cryptic reasoning for suspecting of him were he innocent? Especially when I don't think he was highly suspected by anyone else at that point (correct me if I'm wrong).
Old 01-26-2013, 03:38 PM   #394
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

This voting is flipping ridiculous, people. Stop spreading out the votes and focus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
Oh, and, really - what the bleep does the wizard of Oz have to do with me being a Cobbler? Is it that Oz could be like Ozban? Was that it?
Off to see the wizard, I'd suspect.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:40 PM   #395
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Of those who have already received votes, I'd be most likely to vote Boromir. He's not my top suspect, but his vote for Greenie does look bad. Why would he be so concerned with her cryptic reasoning for suspecting of him were he innocent? Especially when I don't think he was highly suspected by anyone else at that point (correct me if I'm wrong).
This is a good point, but Gil, someone I'm wary of due to his voting record, has voted Boro.

I can't decide if Nerwen is a Wizard or a frustrated innocent, so I don't think I'll go that route.

Nog didn't seem to me to be particularly suspicious in the way he went about looking at Volo. I haven't been all that worried about him thus far, which in itself should be a concern.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:41 PM   #396
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

++Morsul

But I'm watching my prince very closely now, because that seems shifty.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:43 PM   #397
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
Of course, it's possible they did kill Volo for potential Seerness, and Rikae is a wizard. In this scenario, how well do you think it turned out for the wizards? They're down a cobbler and a wizard.
Well having been a wolf a bit too many times I can tell you there is nothing more urgent for the wolves as to get the seer - whatever the cost.

Well at least to any wolves that have a "high profile" aka. being high on the potential seer-dream list.

But what raises my eyebrow is that Lottie uses their failure last Night as an argument on them not willing to find the seer... It looks a bit too deliberate?

Nothing I think proves for sure Rikae is a wizard - even if that option does present itself not only based on Volo but also on Rikae's actions toDay.

But Boro, and somewhat Gil as well, look bad from the POV of the Wizards thinking Volo the seer (I have yet to see a more convincing explanation as him to be the Wizard-pick as he would have been an easy lynch toDay).

From what I have had time to read my own suspicions seem to be gathering around Brinn as well. It's coming too late to hold things back at the moment, I mean.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:45 PM   #398
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

I'm not impressed with Morsul's vote. I thought his initial explanation that he thought Rikae might be the purseholder at least plausible, if an unsound basis for a vote. But then he appeared to get nervous and backtrack.

So for me I think it's down to Morsul, Gil, or Boro.

The latter hadn't done anything to trip the radar until he seemed to get unnerved by Greenie. Why would an innocent not give her some room?

x/d with Sally and Nog
Old 01-26-2013, 03:47 PM   #399
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Question about the Rikae debacle: has she actually quit? 'Cause if she has we're down another player assuming Bane is modkilled toDay. And if she has quit when will her death occur. ToNight? ToMorrow's end of Day? Having dead weight hanging round without knowing the role will be irritating for trying to work out roles. How many wizards are we after, if the Seer (assuming she isn't it) is lynched/killed are there Gifted's left to be aware of etc.

And finally thoughts next.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:48 PM   #400
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Oh first sally as you're here could you pretty please do a vote count post? I'm running behind.