The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2012, 09:24 PM   #121
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
Seriously?
As serious as a harpoon through the heart of a wise-cracking pale person. Which, incidentally, should also not happen at the end of toDay, for different reasons.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:25 PM   #122
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
I don't know if it'd do any good to put anymore candidates into play and end up spreading out the votes too much. Of those that already have a vote, I'm most inclined to vote Eomer. I don't like that he suggested a no-vote then suddenly voted Sally out of nowhere. I know it's Day 1, but surely there could've been a better pick than someone who hadn't really gotten a chance to post anything yet.
I was considering adding Lottie, because that post 57 looked creepily cheerful (taking out the IC banter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottie
So. Not bad for a Day 1. Amandil is out already, which narrows our choice for lynchings - if we even decide to lynch anyone at all. I think this is shaping up quite well. I'll be online...basically from here on out.

EDIT: xed with a lot of people. Also, lynchings tonight. Got it. ^.^
Which seems like she fully agreed with it from the start, yet call it revenge, I don't like her insinuation I'm playing Mr. Nice Boro by taking the popular choices.

Edit: tagging the 2nd quote as Lottie's Post 57
Old 11-28-2012, 09:26 PM   #123
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark
The two I'm most worried about are Sally mostly because Phantom made some pretty good points(even if they're wrong) and Sally readily jumped in to join him. Looks like a possible attempt at bandwagoning to me.
Looks like a possible attempt at saving your own hide to me.
Yes, and there has been something a bit "off" about Morsul's posting since the start– at least, I was thinking about voting him even before I logged on again– only, I'm not sure about the wisdom of bringing another candidate into play *now*.

EDIT:'d x'd with many.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:26 PM   #124
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
1420!

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post

I'm having difficulty deciding, and for the sake of safety and sanity, I'm going to take a few minutes away and then I'll be back to vote.
Day one had to take what very little information and intuition(because that's helped me so much in the past) and try to get a least a semi-not random vote in.

As for my first page posts itwas mostly based on we had so few players and then got more last minute just wanted to double check that we still had 3KM also I was excited first game in about 2 years.

And to be perfectly honest Phantom's plan is brilliant and I had to read it a few times to get it, brain function is low before coffee.

x'ed a bunch
Old 11-28-2012, 09:27 PM   #125
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Ok I've been over in my head about either Lottie or Inzil enough...

++Lottie
Old 11-28-2012, 09:27 PM   #126
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Wait, wait... Has Morsul not played in forever? If so I should probably pass him Day 1...
Old 11-28-2012, 09:27 PM   #127
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
Of those that already have a vote, I'm most inclined to vote Eomer. I don't like that he suggested a no-vote then suddenly voted Sally out of nowhere.
I'm inclined to agree with you on this. While I'm not too keen on Zil at the moment, I do agree with him about Eomer seeming suspicious.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:28 PM   #128
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Wait, wait... Has Morsul not played in forever? If so I should probably pass him Day 1...
Forever and a Day.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:28 PM   #129
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

VOTES
Eomer ++ Sally
Pom ++ Inzil
Shasta ++ Steve
Inzil ++ Eomer
Lottie ++ Steve (2)
Morsul ++ Sally (2)
Boro ++ Lottie

VOTERS REMAINING
Nerwen
Manwe
Phantom
sally
Steve
Brin
Old 11-28-2012, 09:28 PM   #130
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
++Eomer

For reasons stated in my previous post.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:29 PM   #131
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005

I'm having difficulty deciding, and for the sake of safety and sanity, I'm going to take a few minutes away and then I'll be back to vote.
Day one had to take what very little information and intuition(because that's helped me so much in the past) and try to get a least a semi-not random vote in.

As for my first page posts itwas mostly based on we had so few players and then got more last minute just wanted to double check that we still had 3KM also I was excited first game in about 2 years.

And to be perfectly honest Phantom's plan is brilliant and I had to read it a few times to get it, brain function is low before coffee.

x'ed a bunch
The problem I have with this is that you didn't deny my "accusation" of you just trying to save your own skin.

However, given Eomer's flip flop about not voting (and then voting me, of all the scandalous notions), I believe I'll have to choose him over Morsul; it's simply too risky to spread the vote so close to deadline.

++Eomer
Old 11-28-2012, 09:30 PM   #132
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

++Lottie
Old 11-28-2012, 09:30 PM   #133
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Deadline. Please Stop Posting.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:30 PM   #134
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
So I suppose it's

++Eomer

edit: x-ed with mod.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:34 PM   #135
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Well, hey, looks like the universe is safe after all...

(Sorry, O Moddess– I really, really, honestly meant to vote this time– just lost track...)
Old 11-28-2012, 09:36 PM   #136
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Steve's vote counts but anything after (?) does not.

Eomer is lynched with a clear majority of votes. Narration to come in a short while. I'll edit it into this post.

Nerwen and Manwe - please do not forget to vote toMorrow. (Nerwen, you are, of course, forgiven, but PLEASE vote toMorrow!)

Edit: whoops, never mind about editing the narration into the post!

Last edited by Galadriel55; 11-28-2012 at 10:03 PM.
Galadriel55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:02 PM   #137
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Night 2 Starts

The crowd was gathered around the place where they found the dying man that morning. Accusations flew high, and chaos was among the people. One knew not what to do or how to proceed. Among the confusion stood an aged man, proud and silent. His eyes were thoughtful and his beard almost white. So wise the men deemed him to be that the people begged him, all as one, to give them counsel.

“Counsel you shall have from me,” he said, “and more”. All were now looking intently at him, even the youngsters, surveying his face. The more they looked the more wisdom the old man seemed to attain. “You have heard your neighbours speak among themselves,” the man began, and the people nodded their agreement. “You know what a true Faithful would say.” More nods from the people. “I know what a true Faithful would say.” Shouts of “Aye!” are heard. “Yet there are three among us who cannot possibly say it, for they are not of the Faithful. Therefore I say to you: think! Which people do not speak like the Faithful should? Which ones sound like frauds?” His eyes went around the circle of men and stopped on one face. The others followed his gaze.

“What say you to that?” someone asked the man.

“I say that there is no taint on me!” he replied with heat, and with a trace of fear. Men around him began to shout. He protested. He reasoned with them. He replied to one of them, but for each answer he gave ten new accusations were thrown at him. Finally, the old man said,

“Are you a King’s Man in disguise?”

“I am not!”

“But do you not think that with all the evidence these good people have gathered you cannot not be a King’s Man?”

“...I think... Therefore I am – according to you! To you and all the rest of you! What happened to my brothers? My brothers, who but a day ago would have risked their life for mine! And now I am a King’s Man!” His anger and resentment was beyond words. With a desperate gleam in his eyes, he raised his fists and looked about like an animal trapped in a cage. Someone laughed.

A stone whizzed through the air and hit him on the head. Another followed. The man hid his head under his arms. More stones flew. In a matter of ten minutes, it was done. And nothing happened. The villagers perceived now with horror that they have indeed killed one of their own, an innocent ordinary man. The old man closed his eyes.

ALIVE:

Morsul
Nerwen
Inzil
Lottie
Shasta
Manwe
PomPom
The Phantom
sally
Boro
Steve
Brin

DEAD:
G55, the hesitant King’s Man (modess) – stabbed on Night1
Eomer (ordo) – stoned on Day1

Night people, do your job. KMs, PM me your kill. Elendil, Anarion - names.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:30 PM   #138
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Day 2 Begins!

The night was still and silent. Then, a door opened. The glow of a candle illuminated the street. The candle moved steadily along the street, to the town square. The square was surrounded by buildings and had a well in the middle. All the ways met there, people once said – which was true enough about the village.

The well creaked and groaned as a bucket of water was pulled up. The man with the candle unhooked it from the rope and stood it on the ground. Hearing footsteps behind him, he turned around to face the three approaching men. He laughed quietly. It had no mirth to it.

“What would such a noble man be doing outside at this hour?” one of the King’s Men asked sweetly.

“No less and no more than getting a drink of water, good sirs,” the man replied, with a hint of mockery in his voice.

“A drink of water? What a small thing to pay for with your life, lordling,” the second man said.

“At the least my life will be worth more than all of yours put together!” the man replied steadfastly.

“Your life? Life, say you? Life? Bah! It has no value. Of cheap things it is the cheapest,” the third King’s Man laughed. “Life! What is life? A chicken has life too, and yet you will not hesitate to eat it!” He laughed again. “Two men have lost their lives by our hands. Now it will be three. And there will be more – all of this beggarly brood, and more – all of the Elendili! What is their life but a thing bound to be lost?”

“You are a fool, if you speak so,” the lone man replied majestically. “You do not know how dear life is. You will not know – not until you lose it yourselves. The only reason my life is worth naught to you,” he continued, “is because by taking it you save your own. You are nothing but cowards! Craven!”

“If you think this will aid you, you are mistaken, and you will pay dearly for your mistake.” The King’s Men smiled as they advanced. The man stood silent and proud, as though he was not, weaponless and outnumbered, facing the last minutes of his life, but as though he was a king in the head of an army leading his men to victory.

They struggled with each other for a long time. But the man was one, when the King’s Men were three. Eventually they held him fast between them, and he, exhausted, could not escape. Two of the men gripped his arms and shoulders, so that he could not move, and the third forced his head into the bucket of water that the man himself raised from the well.

“Drink, man, drink!” the King’s Men taunted. “We would not be indebted to you!”

And he drank. He breathed in deeply. Once, twice. His body went limp. A pale mist rose over his body and floated slowly to the West, where the last stars still showed against the pale of dawn. The King’s Men stared at his body, unbelieving. How could a man who valued life so much part with it so easily? The stood for a few more minutes, and then walked away, still pondering, leaving the body untouched. When the villagers woke up, they found it lying there, with the face still in the water.

ALIVE:

Morsul
Nerwen
Inzil
Lottie
Shasta
Manwe
PomPom
The Phantom
sally
Steve
Brin

DEAD:
G55, the hesitant King’s Man (modess) – stabbed on Night1
Eomer (ordo) – stoned on Day1
Boro (gifted) – drowned on Night2

Night people - stop your nightly duties! Day people - begin your daily tasks!
Old 11-29-2012, 09:35 PM   #139
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Boro (gifted) – drowned on Night2
That is not permitted.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:35 PM   #140
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Well crap. I suppose that means that stunt he was pulling in #20 was legit, then? I was hoping that he was an Ordo doing a distraction, or perhaps a Baddie laying something false, but I feared he was totally on the level with his hinting, and obviously the baddies agreed....

*sigh*

Was he the dream chain, Shasta?
Old 11-29-2012, 09:36 PM   #141
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Well, starting off with yesterday's result. I can't deny I'm relieved. I honestly thought Eomer was Erendil . His vote for Sally was so random based on a post with a promise to return later. I looked at everyone's lists and saw Sally on Zil's I Thought maybe zil was the dreamer revealing Sally to Eomer... apparently not the case.

I voted Sally for some suspicion but mostly that theory, which I tried to hide to protect Eomer. when the votes started coming in I hoped for an Isildur save(thankfully they must have been smarter than me.)

Now that doesn't mean I don't find Sally suspicious after all she's trying to call me out for protecting myself(kind of the point of an innocent.) I do however have no plans to vote her again at least today unless something crazy happens.

Voted fo Eomer
Eonwe
Brinn
ZIl
Sally

Brinn and Zil mention Eomer's flip-floppyness on voting as reasons I get that.
Eonwe kind of parrots their reasons.
Sally votes Eomer because the votes are too close she votes to save herself(that thing I'm supposedly evil for doing)

Now to last night's results:

Boro gone. A gifted. but which one? if I'm reading into the narration right it's Isildur? Well that stinks but it means That Elendil is still out there which would be good.

We'll have to see how this day progresses but things might be getting interesting...
Old 11-29-2012, 09:42 PM   #142
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Well crap. I suppose that means that stunt he was pulling in #20 was legit, then? I was hoping that he was an Ordo doing a distraction, or perhaps a Baddie laying something false, but I feared he was totally on the level with his hinting, and obviously the baddies agreed....
I read that post a dozen times just now, and I can't make heads or tails out of any hints in there. I might just be bad at hints, though. If it's something that'll help understand where we're at and what's going on, would you mind explaining it a bit for me?
Old 11-29-2012, 09:45 PM   #143
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul
Boro gone. A gifted. but which one? if I'm reading into the narration right it's Isildur?
Yeah- that's definitely what I'm thinking.

And I seem to remember someone *ahem* being told that his idea was horrible- the idea about Isildur just going ahead and using his Gift on the Day 1 lynch, because he was probably innocent. Well... The lynch was innocent and Isildur is now dead.

Can I say it? Can I say it?
Old 11-29-2012, 09:47 PM   #144
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
I read that post a dozen times just now, and I can't make heads or tails out of any hints in there. I might just be bad at hints, though. If it's something that'll help understand where we're at and what's going on, would you mind explaining it a bit for me?
I was about to post this.

Are we trying to say Brinn is evil? Honestly that's the only thing that jumps out but that's part of an example. also well I supposed Boro could be the dreamer And a gifted but what are the chances?

but even if that was the case he voted Lottie...

EDIT X'ed with Phantom
Old 11-29-2012, 09:48 PM   #145
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Lottie and Morsul, regarding post #20- assume that Boro dreamed about Brin and then reread the post. I believe you'll see it's suddenly shouting "Kill me! Break the chain!" Hence my appeal to Shasta to tell us if things are truly that bad, or if Boro was bluffing in order to preserve the Elendil dreams.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:49 PM   #146
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
So, an ordo down and a Gifted. We don't know which Gifted, but neither do the baddies.

YesterDay, at two minutes before DL, Steve and Sally were tied with two votes, and Eomer had one (mine).

Brinn and Sally brought Eomer into the lead, and Steve put it away.

I wonder what might be the chances of Brinn, with either Sally or Steve (though probably not both) being packmates?

x/d with two phantoms and Morsul
Old 11-29-2012, 09:53 PM   #147
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Lottie and Morsul, regarding post #20- assume that Boro dreamed about Brin and then reread the post. I believe you'll see it's suddenly shouting "Kill me! Break the chain!" Hence my appeal to Shasta to tell us if things are truly that bad, or if Boro was bluffing in order to preserve the Elendil dreams.
I could maybe see it being Boro the Dreamer hiding the message "Brinn is innocent" and knowing Elendil would understand. I fail to see anything about 'kill me' or 'break the chain'.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:54 PM   #148
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Are we trying to say Brinn is evil?
Evil? If Boro did dream of Brinn, I'd say that post would mean that exact opposite - that Brinn is innocent.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:57 PM   #149
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottie
I could maybe see it being Boro the Dreamer hiding the message "Brinn is innocent" and knowing Elendil would understand.
You got it, Lottie. In a post talking about dream hints to Elendil he specifically says that it would be easy to hint, just do it like this, and then declares Brin innocent.

Yesterday I think I was strongly leaning towards "innocent ploy", but during the Night I reread and I just got very uncomfortable about it, thinking he may have actually given himself away.

The "kill me, break the chain" translation- I'm saying that's what the KMs would see within his post (do you follow me?), as setting yourself up as the dreamer (and therefore the dream target the following night) would clearly put oneself at risk if the KMs opted for the chain-breaking option as opposed to the blind shot at Elendil option.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:00 PM   #150
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

But anyway- I'm not going to stress any more about it. Perhaps Boro outwitted the KMs and it was strictly a bluff (a risky one as he was Gifted, but still a very good one if it protects both Elendil and the dreams). I'll hope for that until Shasta can tell us what vision he saw.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:01 PM   #151
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
You got it, Lottie. In a post talking about dream hints to Elendil he specifically says that it would be easy to hint, just do it like this, and then declares Brin innocent..
That's something to think about, but I wouldn't take it as a given, at this point.

x/d with phantom
Old 11-29-2012, 10:01 PM   #152
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
The "kill me, break the chain" translation- I'm saying that's what the KMs would see within his post (do you follow me?), as setting yourself up as the dreamer (and therefore the dream target the following night) would clearly put oneself at risk if the KMs opted for the chain-breaking option as opposed to the blind shot at Elendil option.
Ahhhh. I thought you mean that Boro himself was actively and purposefully calling for his death, and that just made no sense.

EDIT: xed with Zil
Old 11-29-2012, 10:04 PM   #153
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Okay. Calmer now. Although, hold on. Shasta's a gifted, and Boro too? If Phantom makes three, Gal deserves a prize from me four having the best taste in gifted selection.

EDIT: x'd since #142
Old 11-29-2012, 10:04 PM   #154
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Evil? If Boro did dream of Brinn, I'd say that post would mean that exact opposite - that Brinn is innocent.
Indeed, reread it more carefully. Maybe I shouldn't play words with friends and WW at the same time concentrate morsul concentrate.

We'll have to wait for shasta to see if that was the case. if shasta was sent a dream about boro that would mean a wasted chance for us to get another role. revealed. Dang...

x'ed a bunch: phantom I'm seeing what you mean with the bluff that'd be an interesting decision. I don't know if I buy it though a gifted would be messing with fire like that. he must've known it would draw attention if that's what he was attempting to do, just hint.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:06 PM   #155
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

I find it difficult to see a Borondil putting himself out like that on Day One, whether accidentally or with intent. I like to think we still have Elendil with us.

x/d with Morsul

Last edited by Inziladun; 11-29-2012 at 10:12 PM. Reason: fixed bolding
Inziladun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:07 PM   #156
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
Shasta's a gifted, and Boro too? If Phantom makes three, Gal deserves a prize from me four having the best taste in gifted selection.
Ah, she must've based her Gifted selections on charm.

So- the KMs are probably socially awkward types.

I'm interested in debating guilt/innocence based on this premise and seeing how long it can go before things get ugly...
Old 11-29-2012, 10:08 PM   #157
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
I find it difficult to see a B]Borondil[/B] putting himself out like that on Day One, whether accidentally or with intent. I like to think we still have Elendil with us.
Though, if he were Elendil, his oh-so-famous post makes a whole 'nother level of sense: Elendil specifically telling his Dreamer how to tell him the role of the Dreamed.

EDIT: xed with tp.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:09 PM   #158
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
We'll have to wait for shasta to see if that was the case. if shasta was sent a dream about boro that would mean a wasted chance for us to get another role. revealed. Dang...
The assumption of failure here and accompanying "dismay" looks a bit odd.

x/d with tp and Lottie
Old 11-29-2012, 10:09 PM   #159
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Though, if he were Elendil, his oh-so-famous post makes a whole 'nother level of sense: Elendil specifically telling his Dreamer how to tell him the role of the Dreamed.

EDIT: xed with tp.
Not to mention, specifically telling the Dreamer who *he* is.

EDIT: xed with Zil.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:11 PM   #160
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzil
I find it difficult to see a B]Borondil[/b] putting himself out like that on Day One, whether accidentally or with intent. I like to think we still have Elendil with us.
Oh, definitely. No way would he have done that as Elendil. Elendil doesn't have to do anything remotely risky. I realize there's the double-bluff angle, but given the importance of the role I don't think Boro would be one to make that particular bluff.