The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-12-2009, 09:37 AM   #561
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa_Aoife View Post
Actually, Boromir was a lucky kill for us. We just wanted to get rid of a vocal and strong player, and lay false trails along the way. We had no inkling that Boromir was the bear. I was pulling for you, BTW.
That's refreshing to hear, I thought I was just too darned obvious. Which was why I killed Hakon too, I didn't know whether he dreamed of me or not, protecting myself did not enter into my head. It just looked like he was playing the seer in a similar way to what I would. That is talking about a plan for the seer, but since he was the seer he was describing his own plan. Like what I wad attempting as the bear, lengthily describing what the bear should do, and try to do it. Although, my ultimate plan was to lynch the wolves and go for gifted at night, I figured this would keep the innocent village off my case for a while, but also start to eliminate wolves.

Which leads me to werebear rule #495: do not pave a nice road to wolf victory by lynching the hunter and killing the seer.

Absolutely brilliant strategy Sauce and Fea, you (like me) had to think about your own survival whether it be with the wolves or the village. And you put yourself in the perfect spot with all the power, the village couldn't lynch you and who cares if you gave the wolves a headache about whether to just kill you or not.

Well done wolf-team, but you may have under-estimated the threat, Nienna can probably remember my wolf-guesses after my death and I wasn't anywhere close. The only baddie I was came close to guessing was Greenie. I guess I could include Sauce, since he turned out to be a rotten villain too.

Super game Mira and Nienna, thanks for getting me to join, I can't believe I was actually dragging my feet, because I would hate myself for at least an hour if I missed out.
Old 11-12-2009, 11:28 AM   #562
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mirandir is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
Mira and I talked about what happened to the Lovers post-game. If she goes with it, you'll see.

Now back to grandma's! (I'm clearly not as evil in RL as I let everyone think I am.)
Oh it'll happen. I just need the inspiration to write the narrations. This whole school thing is really interfering.

Great game everyone! Especially the wolfsies and luuuurvly lovers! But grrrr wolfsies for killing off Borobear so early. I was so looking forward to the havoc he was going to wreck.

Still waiting on those cookies, sally dear.
Old 11-12-2009, 12:46 PM   #563
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirandir View Post
But grrrr wolfsies for killing off Borobear so early. I was so looking forward to the havoc he was going to wreck.
Don't be too bothered, after all it just proves werebear rules #1 thru #642 (excluding #214 and #495):

Mira's lack of strategy is supremely better than Borangutan's attempt to come in with a plan for the werebear.
Old 11-12-2009, 01:50 PM   #564
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Don't be too bothered, after all it just proves werebear rules #1 thru #642 (excluding #214 and #495):

Mira's lack of strategy is supremely better than Borangutan's attempt to come in with a plan for the werebear.
Hey I had a strategy! Kill the people who annoyed me.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:06 PM   #565
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa
I was pulling for you, BTW.
Well, it would have completely changed the game, had you had your way. I was hoping that I had attracted enough suspicion on Day 1 (thanks largely to you, funnily enough) for the Wolves to leave me alone. Also, Fea and I were both mentioned as possible Cobblers at various times, which we thought might be to our benefit. In that regard, we were quite annoyed when Greenie turned out to be the Cobbler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa
We had better odds with you alive than with you dead.
Why? Because of the revenge kill? Or because you thought that our votes more likely to favour you than the innocents? Because, as known non-Wolves, our continued presence increased the chances of innocents voting for a Wolf.

I am interested, because I was really worried that you would attack one of us at Night and go for the sole victory. As a Wolf, I would have been sorely tempted to.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:18 PM   #566
Hakon
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Hakon is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I never did dream of Boro. I dreamed of Sally the first night and Pitchwife the second night. I originally planned of dreaming Pitch the first night and SPM the second night and Boro the third night but things shifted. I had SPM pegged for the ranger around the time I died and Boro pegged for either the cobbler or a wolf. I would like to apologize for being such a horrible seer. I clearly make a much better ranger.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:30 PM   #567
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakon View Post
I never did dream of Boro. I dreamed of Sally the first night and Pitchwife the second night. I originally planned of dreaming Pitch the first night and SPM the second night and Boro the third night but things shifted. I had SPM pegged for the ranger around the time I died and Boro pegged for either the cobbler or a wolf. I would like to apologize for being such a horrible seer. I clearly make a much better ranger.
I wasn't much shakes as a ranger. Then again, as Fea accurately noted in game, the strategy of the ranger changes quite a bit when all the other gifteds check out by Day 2. You're limited to trying to protect likely innocents. Unfortunately, the only innocent I was entirely sure of was me.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:42 PM   #568
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirandir View Post
Hey I had a strategy! Kill the people who annoyed me.
My mistake, I completely misread it.

"This crazy bear...I think her name was Mira, came up with an infinitely superior strategy than what Borangutan could ever possibly come up with."
Old 11-12-2009, 03:10 PM   #569
Hakon
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
I wasn't much shakes as a ranger. Then again, as Fea accurately noted in game, the strategy of the ranger changes quite a bit when all the other gifteds check out by Day 2. You're limited to trying to protect likely innocents. Unfortunately, the only innocent I was entirely sure of was me.
I am annoyed that I did not dream of you in this game. My meta game reasoning had you as a gifted. The reason being I am always suspicious of you and the seer could talk with gifteds they dreamed of in this game.
Old 11-12-2009, 03:15 PM   #570
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
I am annoyed that I did not dream of you in this game. My meta game reasoning had you as a gifted. The reason being I am always suspicious of you and the seer could talk with gifteds they dreamed of in this game.
Could certainly have made a difference, especially if you'd gotten hold of Morsul. All of us able to PM might have been decisive. Ah, the possibilites....
Old 11-12-2009, 03:59 PM   #571
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa
We had better odds with you alive than with you dead.
Why? Because of the revenge kill? Or because you thought that our votes more likely to favour you than the innocents? Because, as known non-Wolves, our continued presence increased the chances of innocents voting for a Wolf.

I am interested, because I was really worried that you would attack one of us at Night and go for the sole victory. As a Wolf, I would have been sorely tempted to
I don't actually remember all the PM's we shared by then, but my view was that your revenge-kill might actually cripple our lines as there were such great odds for you to hit it right. I mean you would have gone with lynching Roa the next Day - and the other one had decent chances of shooting it right with the vengeance - and staying as a known innocent that Inzil could guard the Night he would then have died... so the lynching on the next Day would have been really tense - and bad in numbers for us.

And well anyway... There were a bit too many if's with that vengeange kill (the possibility of Roa being lynched to add there) and the remaining lover playing for the innocents as a known innocent - alongside Inzil making it two in the worst case etc...

So a deal... at least in the short sight was better for us. I mean I actually wasn't sure the game was going to end when it did. It was actually 2 against 3 and not an ending position...

But talking of my position, I would have voted for making it a shared win by killing Nerwen then, but who knows had I been persuaded...

On another issue: don't blame yourself Hakon, it's not everyDay the seer makes the right choices. Quite the contrary...

Last edited by Nogrod; 11-12-2009 at 04:30 PM.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 04:46 PM   #572
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Because the night belongs to Lovers...

Fea and Sauce, you're a pair of evil, scheming, unconscionable, brilliant cuties! All is fair in Love and Werewolf, of course, and you played your cards splendidly. I really hated having to miss Day 3, even more when I came back, saw what had happened in the meantime and found myself D.O.A. just when the game got truly exciting - but it was great entertainment to read, and I bit my nails in suspense how it would all turn out. Congratulations on a magnificent performance and a deserved victory!
Same to the Wolves. If I'm permitted to quote myself -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch #204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie
Heeeeeeeeeeey actually I got an idea. Nog and Roa together?
The stuff of nightmares!
Indeed. Near the end of Day 2, I had this horrible hunch that she was right (so good decision to kill me when you did!), but just couldn't lay my finger on sufficient evidence, being way too tired at the time. When Greenie was revealed as the cobbler*, I naturally doubted my suspicion, but my death pretty much confirmed it. Don't know how it would have gone if I'd survived for another Day - you might have succeeded fooling me again, especially with your reactions to the Lovers' reveal. Reading Nog's fervent pleas on behalf of the innocents, I found myself thinking, 'He'd never be such a flaming hypocrite if he were a wolf, would he?' But of course you would - what a cunning way to sound Fea's and Sauce's true intentions, and great acting!
*(I'm very curious whether she actually spotted you two as wolves and did it on purpose, counting on herself to be lynched so that the suspicion she'd voiced would be discredited when her role was revealed.)
Brinn, congrats on eluding me completely! You were a worthy packmate to our two loudmouths. And when you drew attention to Greenie's suspicion of Nog and Roa, was that a deliberate attempt to find out who would take the bait and need to be killed?
McCaber, finally, was the ultimate pawn sacrifice. Nice wolf-on-wolf there.
Boro - seems the Bear is an endangered species these Days, but at least you had a juicy last meal devouring our Seer.
Condolences and respect to all my fellow innocents, especially Nerwen and Zil who showed us how to lose a game gracefully. Out of curiosity, Morsul, who would you have Hunted if you hadn't been lynched?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
On another issue: don't blame yourself Hakon, it's not everyDay the seer makes the right choices.
I second that. It's largely a matter of luck, and staying alive long enough (which is the trickier part).
Old 11-12-2009, 05:20 PM   #573
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa_Aoife View Post
I admit, I hoped that more people would be on the "Yeah, let's lynch Fea!" idea.
I understand, and I am not in the least bit offended.

I would have lynched me too.

And I would like to second Pitch on congratulating Zil and Nerwen for showing the world how to lose gracefully (and with brilliant parody).
Old 11-12-2009, 05:28 PM   #574
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
And I would like to second Pitch on congratulating Zil and Nerwen for showing the world how to lose gracefully (and with brilliant parody).
I'm amused and honoured to have made it into your sig.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:34 PM   #575
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I laughed my entire way through reading it, and still found myself giggling twenty minutes later.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:41 PM   #576
Hakon
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

One thing I would like to add is that when Boro and I spoke after our deaths he told me he was going to tell me who the wolves are, I told him let me guess first. I guessed two correct, Roa and Nog.
Old 11-12-2009, 08:01 PM   #577
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Man I hate how you can only rep so many people in 24 hours...Sorry if I haven't gotten to you yet.
Old 11-12-2009, 08:42 PM   #578
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
, Morsul, who would you have Hunted if you hadn't been lynched?
.[/QUOTE]

once again without much to go on Nerwen would have been my vote she's very clever it was really either her or Roa they're good at Seeming reasonable...
Old 11-12-2009, 08:51 PM   #579
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Good job, Wolves. Lovers, you made me mad, but good game.
Old 11-12-2009, 09:49 PM   #580
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

I almost protected you the night you got it, Lottie. But somehow Nog still looked better.
Old 11-12-2009, 11:28 PM   #581
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
Wow, even having a criminal lack of internet on the crucial day turned out alright. Way to carry on, guys.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 10:10 AM   #582
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
And 3rded to what Pitch and Nog said.

A lot of the times too, it depends upon not only what side you are on, but who your enemies are. Like my first game as a wolf, I had phantom and Lalaith as partners, we went straight through and none of us got lynched. But another game as a wolf, phantom and Lalaith were innocent, and I was lynched Day 1 - both voted for me and phantom gave the final vote to put me in the lead, because they knew my wolf-habits and I was acting the same.

Or I should have figured out in this game, when Nog and I are on opposing sides, I have been a pain in his rear too many times, and if he doesn't kill me early I make him regret it.

It's not that being killed/lynched early = you played bad, a lot of it depends not only on who is playing, but what roles they have.
Old 11-13-2009, 02:54 PM   #583
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
Reading Nog's fervent pleas on behalf of the innocents, I found myself thinking, 'He'd never be such a flaming hypocrite if he were a wolf, would he?' But of course you would - what a cunning way to sound Fea's and Sauce's true intentions, and great acting!
Thanks! That was the meaning behind the act... I was kind of ovr-playing it as it looked like it was something we needed and for the principle I had to keep the act as we wwere not sure of the lovers' intentions... and it was fun to overdo it! Had it been tighter I would probably been a bit less "obvious".

It worked anyway!

And my apologies to you Pitch for us to kill you at that stage, but you were one who could have been able to make right deductions but as you were away you had not said anything - so a perfect kill for us...

Heh, that's werewolf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
Or I should have figured out in this game, when Nog and I are on opposing sides, I have been a pain in his rear too many times, and if he doesn't kill me early I make him regret it.
Absolutely! But the funny thing is that after Roa called for a "strong player" to be killed - favouring Spm - I was actually the one who said we should pick you instead, if we had to do that.

I mean I'm still to that old-fashioned "let the threathening people live" -school who is more for a real struggle against an easy win (which of course is never free or easy whatever the set-up is). So I was absolutely against killing Saucie as it would have been also plain unfair him being killed after the first Day of the game second time in a row after a long pause thus making him not able to participate the actual game at all. So I just half-jokingly said we should pick Boro instead as he has been such a pain in the... if we were taking down a "loudmouth" who could be a problem.

And after waking up to a new Day I realised Brinn and Roa had decided going after you (Brinn agreeing with my reasons to leave Spm live).

It looks like me and Brinn are the only remaining romantics of this game...

Quote:
It's not that being killed/lynched early = you played bad, a lot of it depends not only on who is playing, but what roles they have.
Exactly. And also some people tend to get killed early on by either side - just to be sure... or dreamt of by the seer early on... Which is kind of a bad thing if you were one of those, but with which one has to live with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCaber
Wow, even having a criminal lack of internet on the crucial day turned out alright. Way to carry on, guys.
You were actually crucial to our win - whether you wanted it to happen that way or not... Whatever your reasons to post that little or say what you did in the few posts you made aided us as a team a long way! So kudos for that!
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 03:46 PM   #584
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Hey, no need to apologize - I would have done the same. In a way, I take it as a compliment.
Which reminds me, I forgot to compliment and thank Mira and Nienna for their modding - how rude of me! Great theme, a mix of roles that guaranteed an interesting and surprising game, and very well handled (never mind the narrations). Thank you both!
Old 11-13-2009, 08:23 PM   #585
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Evidently Nog was not around for the end of the game. Have you not seen Fea and SPAM?
Old 11-13-2009, 08:46 PM   #586
Hakon
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
Evidently Nog was not around for the end of the game. Have you not seen Fea and SPAM?
Why do you call him SPAM instead of SPM?
Old 11-13-2009, 09:15 PM   #587
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
That's a very good question. Ask another.

Actually, I'm not entirely sure. I saw it somewhere, and thought it was funny, so it just became a habit...I can call him SPM if that's better...
Old 11-13-2009, 09:37 PM   #588
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
When Sauce first joined he was a a notorious spammer, filling threads up with complete falsities like how half the dwarves of Bilbo's company were females. It got so bad the powers that be temporarily banned him, but have allowed him to come back as long as he takes the Moderator of Spam job that opened up. That is he has to spend his whole life on the forum dedicated deleting and banning other spammers...kind of an ironic punishment.

Last edited by Boromir88; 11-13-2009 at 09:51 PM.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 10:11 PM   #589
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

We like vowels. And the SPM options were Spam, Spem, Spim, Spom, and Spum.

And either he could be canned ham or gibberish.
Old 11-14-2009, 03:37 AM   #590
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark View Post
once again without much to go on Nerwen would have been my vote she's very clever
*is flattered* Hey, you haven't seen Nerwolf in action yet...
Old 11-14-2009, 05:31 AM   #591
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
That was the meaning behind the act... I was kind of ovr-playing it as it looked like it was something we needed and for the principle I had to keep the act as we wwere not sure of the lovers' intentions...
I am not clear why you would think this necessary, though. It was clear that our best interests by the stage that we revelaed were in allying with the Wolves. We were completely honest about our intentions and made no bones of the fact that we would have sought alliance with the Innocents had that been in our best interests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
Um, I think that the outcome of this game proves otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
Exactly. And also some people tend to get killed early on by either side - just to be sure... or dreamt of by the seer early on... Which is kind of a bad thing if you were one of those, but with which one has to live with.
Yes, and it can get infuriating sometimes that the more vocal you are, the more you participate in the game, the easier you are to lynch. I felt that way a bit on Day 1, when it seemed that everyone (and Roa in particular) was seizing on whatever I said and using it against me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
When Sauce first joined he was a a notorious spammer, filling threads up with complete falsities like how half the dwarves of Bilbo's company were females. It got so bad the powers that be temporarily banned him, but have allowed him to come back as long as he takes the Moderator of Spam job that opened up. That is he has to spend his whole life on the forum dedicated deleting and banning other spammers...kind of an ironic punishment.

Actually, the bit about the female Dwarves is correct. And Boro is half right in that I have (not unfairly) acquired the reputation as a rather verbose poster, in WW games in particular. I try to fight against it, but I think that it's just in my nature ...

Oh, and that reminds me. Roa, I take it that your admonishment to me as a forum moderator was part of the act (I hope it was), but I should point out that I have not been a mod here for over two years.

Talking of spam, I must get round to sorting out those Lovers' letters ...
Old 11-14-2009, 04:39 PM   #592
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Another song for Fea and Sauce. Original here, original lyrics there.

Just look at us - we’re a living nightmare
We’re Moddess Mira's favourite pair
We write great poems and cause mayhem
And we’ll flirt with the Wolves and sell you to them
Just play with us and you will see
we’re worse than a Cobbler could ever be
We count as innocents, but we're Lovers too
So don't expect us to side with you
For as long as we're together all is well -
We’re the Traitor Lovers from Hell!

If your Hunter is lynched on Day One
and the Bear eats your Seer just for fun
If the Wolves tear out the last ordo's heart
don't blame us, we're just playing our part
If Noggerwolf gets down to beg
you can count on it: you're as good as dead
If you won't help us win we'll throw you under the bus
cos morals is a foreign word to us
We'll vote you and retract to you as well
Cos we’re Traitor Lovers from Hell!

There’s nothing innocentish about us two romantics
Can’t you tell?
There’s nothing innocentish about us two romantics
from Hell!

We'll confuse you with talk about Wolvish Friends
as long as it furthers our own ends
We'll help a Wolf to lynch his daughter
We'll gladly see the whole village slaughtered
We'll lynch your Ranger, and Nerwen dies too
as long as it means victory for us two
We'll sell you all to the furry three
All we ask in return is, Let us be
For as long as we're together all is well -
We're the Traitor Lovers from Hell!
Old 11-14-2009, 05:36 PM   #593
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saucepan Man View Post
Oh, and that reminds me. Roa, I take it that your admonishment to me as a forum moderator was part of the act (I hope it was), but I should point out that I have not been a mod here for over two years.
Of course it was. And I think the last time I played was about 2 years ago.

Hakon, someone just thought it would be funny to call him the SPAM man, and it caught on. That's all.

You may also see him referred to as Espiem. I'm not certain if that started from LMP, or if LMP got it from him.

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 05:38 PM   #594
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Oh, and I feel the need to point out that the first bandwagon didn't have a single wolf. ^_^

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 07:44 PM   #595
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Thanks "Friends"
Old 11-15-2009, 09:54 AM   #596
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
*giggles*

Yay Pitch! That made my morning.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 08:49 AM   #597
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Lover's PMs - Day 1

I found it too difficult to edit our PMs, so here they are in their entirety. Feel free to peruse or skip as you see fit ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpM
The Lover Speaks

Hi Fea.

Dearest heart, love of my life, my one and only, my soulmate etc etc.

Delighted to be teamed up with you. Should be interesting. We have quite different playing styles, I think, so hopefully they will compliment each other and stand us in good stead.

That said, I think that we have quite a difficult task ahead of us if we are to stand any chance of victory. It’s going to be tricky keeping both of us alive until the end, particularly while both Wolves and Bear are operating at Night. On the other hand, if we do manage to avoid them, two kills per Night could work in our favour as, the earlier the game ends, the better chance we have of winning.

I haven’t got much in the way of strategy worked out at this stage. I figured that I would just approach Day 1 as I normally would as an innocent. As the game progresses, I think that we will want to favour whichever team is gaining the upper hand as, again, the swifter the end, the better our chances. But for now, the best that we can do, I think, is to keep our eyes open and share any insights that we get.

Let me know your thoughts.

Oh, and just so you know, I will have to vote by 1am GMT at the latest, which I think is about 4 hours before the deadline.

Cheers

~SpL~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea
Re: The Lover Speaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saucepan Man
Delighted to be teamed up with you. Should be interesting. We have quite different playing styles, I think, so hopefully they will compliment each other and stand us in good stead.
It's mutual.

As my lover, you have every right to know how I got roped into this game: Nienna promised me that I could emulate Poe at all turns and play strictly to amuse her and Mira.

Of course now that they've gone and given me a role, I shall do exactly what I'd planned on doing (draw attention to myself; wax poetic; be emo), but I shall do it with the knowledge that hopefully being the center of attention keeps me alive (seer ought to dream of me; it's tradition. Wolves and bear don't kill someone that might get themselves lynched...).

I'll be around at deadline, most likely, however I won't be around for the first half of any given day. Like today, when I had time to check PMs, but don't have time to check the thread until later (possibly much later).

With love,
me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea
As you can see, Lover dear-

I've made good on my promise to arrive with a bang.

Do you have any for realsies thoughts on people?

I always find myself wanting to lynch Morsul on principle, because his logic tends to be off in ways that always seem really intentional. And I can never be sure if he just missed a few logic or math lessons, or if he's trying to sow confusion.

It doesn't really matter to me who dies during the day, as long as it isn't one of us. While a shorter game does have its practicalities, the threat of the Bear is pretty high, since bears can kill anyone without leaving any real trail. They need not worry about what it will 'look like.'

Still, they're hard to track, so I don't really propose going out and trying to find one. But I won't be sad if the village stumbles across ours by accident.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpM
Re: As you can see, Lover dear-

Dearest Snookums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil
I've made good on my promise to arrive with a bang.
Indeed, and with some style. Bravo!

Quote:
Do you have any for realsies thoughts on people?
No, not yet. My suspicions are very much as expressed on the thread. I always mistrust Roa on principle but that's probably just me. I have no particular view on Morsul but it's only his second game and he's still getting to grips with what's what, I think.

Quote:
It doesn't really matter to me who dies during the day, as long as it isn't one of us. While a shorter game does have its practicalities, the threat of the Bear is pretty high, since bears can kill anyone without leaving any real trail. They need not worry about what it will 'look like.'

Still, they're hard to track, so I don't really propose going out and trying to find one. But I won't be sad if the village stumbles across ours by accident.
Agree with all of this. Our main priority at the moment is keeping ourselves and each other alive. I seem inadvertently to have improved my chances by drawing attention to myself with this 'friendly Wolf' fiasco (which was a genuine misunderstanding). I see Nogrod thinks that I may be the Cobbler as a result of this, and I see no reason to disabuse him of that notion - it may help keep the Wolves from my door.

Got to go now, but I'll be back in around 2 hours.

Love and smoochiness etc

~Sauciekins~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea

Quote:
I always mistrust Roa on principle but that's probably just me.
It's not just you. I just tend to feel bad always going after the same people just because I never trust them. Mostly because it bugs me that people go after me on principle instead of because I've done anything.

Quote:
(which was a genuine misunderstanding)
I was so confused! I went through the admin thread post by post trying to figure out if there was a Friendly Wolf I didn't know about, then I called the mods.

I think I'll finish a series of drawings and then pretend like I've been gone doing things if anybody asks why I haven't posted more. Real reason? Nothing I care to post about since there hasn't been much since I posted.

Huggles and suggestive winks,

-me
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpM

Dearest darling etc

Not a lot of time, as I have to vote soon and then retire for the night.

Roa is getting on my nerves and my argument with her is drawing far more attention to me than I would like. But I can't resist rising to the bait. I like a good argument, me.

Sorry if it gets me lynched. Perhaps you might look into killing Roa for me if it does.

I am most probably going to vote for Morsul. I think that there is a justifiable basis for doing so and what he did was rather Wolfish. With four Wolves, bagging one toDay would probably be to our advantage.

Love etc

~Saucikins~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea

Quote:
Sorry if it gets me lynched. Perhaps you might look into killing Roa for me if it does.
I shall kill whoever it seems will most cripple the village with their loss. I'm like that.

Quote:
I am most probably going to vote for Morsul. I think that there is a justifiable basis for doing so and what he did was rather Wolfish. With four Wolves, bagging one toDay would probably be to our advantage.
I'll be voting either Morsul or Hakon, due to their inherently flawed logic. Hakon blatantly ignoring the 'no meta' rule, and Morsul forcing me to give an impromptu probability lesson when I'd rather be coloring.

Though if I need to save you, obviously I will.

Love and nuzzles,

Pookie
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpM

Dearest Pookie

Quote:
I shall kill whoever it seems will most cripple the village with their loss. I'm like that.
Fair enough.

Quote:
I'll be voting either Morsul or Hakon, due to their inherently flawed logic.
If we both vote for Morsul and he is lynched and turns out to be a Wolf, that would be good. He probably isn't, though. Merely a n00b.

Quote:
Though if I need to save you, obviously I will.
Appreciated.

Is it just me or are Roa and Noggie both being wilfully obtuse? I suspect that Roa is just being her usual aggressive self (although she would be a formidable Bear). Nogrod's uncharacteristic aggressiveness makes me wonder about him.

I am very wary of Pitchwife at the moment. I suspect that he may be a Wolf, as he is acting just how I would expect a Wolf to act on Day 1. Then again, my early Wolf suspects usually turn out to be Seers ...

I have had some thoughts about possibly declaring at some point and trying to make a deal with one side or the other, while using the revenge kill as a threat against anyone who might threaten us. I checked with Nienna before the game, and we can share victory with either the Wolves or the Village. While the Bear's alive, however, there is little sense in doing so as we cannot share the victory with him and so will be unable to strike a deal with him. If the Bear gets killed though, it might be something worth thinking about.

Love etc

~Sauciekins~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea

Quote:
Is it just me or are Roa and Noggie both being wilfully obtuse? I suspect that Roa is just being her usual aggressive self (although she would be a formidable Bear). Nogrod's uncharacteristic aggressiveness makes me wonder about him.
Roa always seems to be willfully obtuse. And every time I try to pin Nog's role, I'm wrong about him. Seriously, every time.

Quote:
I am very wary of Pitchwife at the moment. I suspect that he may be a Wolf, as he is acting just how I would expect a Wolf to act on Day 1.
I'll have to go with your instinct on that, since I didn't really get anything from him. Then again, since we have a more or less 'neutral' opinion about the other players, I'm not specifically looking. I usually give it a Day and then do a massive amount of note taking.

Quote:
I have had some thoughts about possibly declaring at some point and trying to make a deal with one side or the other, while using the revenge kill as a threat against anyone who might threaten us.
This is an interesting idea. Let's hold onto this. I'd be perfectly willing to try a coup, but the timing would have to be right.

Batted eyelashes and strappy heels,

Fee Fee
Old 11-21-2009, 09:05 AM   #598
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Ring Lovers' PMs - Day 2

Continuing the series of soppy love notes ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpM
Lover dearest

Dear Foo Foo

Quite a good Night for us I think. Two Gifteds and a Bear out of the way. It’s great for us, I think, that the Wolves got the Bear, since it massively reduces the prospects of one of us dying at Night and also opens up the possibility for us to reveal (of which more below). Sorry to see Boro go though.

With the Wolves currently in the ascendancy, I think that our best tactic, for toDay at least, may be to try to get another innocent lynched (not one of us, obviously). I still haven’t got any clear picture of who is who, but I am thinking that the Wolves may be Nogrod, Loslote, one of Lari or sally, and one other. Possibly Pitch. Not at all sure at this stage though.

I see that the idea of me being the Cobbler has come up again. This is to be encouraged, as most Villagers are far keener on lynching Wolf suspects than Cobbler suspects and it may help me to avoid the Wolves at Night.

With regard to the prospect of revealing, this will become a very viable tactic with the death of only a few more innocents. There are currently 14 villagers. If an innocent is lynched toDay, then there will be 12 tomorrow. Assuming that we both survive the Night then, together with the Wolves and the Cobbler, we would form an unbeatable voting block of 7 versus 5. The question of whether it would work depends upon whether the Wolves are gamblers. They could gamble on winning alone and risk killing one of us or take the safe course of siding with us and sharing the victory.

For now, however, I don’t think that there is any sense in us revealing unless one of us is in very serious danger of being lynched. As I will not be there at the deadline, that may be something that you wil have to judge.

What do you think?

Love etc

Snugglepuss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea
Re: Lover dearest

Quote:
Quite a good Night for us I think. Two Gifteds and a Bear out of the way.
Couldn't have planned it better.

Quote:
With regard to the prospect of revealing, this will become a very viable tactic with the death of only a few more innocents. There are currently 14 villagers. If an innocent is lynched toDay, then there will be 12 tomorrow. Assuming that we both survive the Night then, together with the Wolves and the Cobbler, we would form an unbeatable voting block of 7 versus 5.
Frankly, I'd enjoy teaming up with the wolves for a co-victory strictly because it would be fun to watch the village squirm helplessly. And I always do so prefer to be a manipulative baddie in these games... It's more fun when you need not worry about anybody but yourself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea
Snookums-

Now normally I wouldn't dream of taking over your assumed role of cobbler, but

1) if the village thinks I'm the cobbler, they'll leave me alone

2) if the wolves think I'm the cobbler, they'll leave me alone

3) if they can't figure out which of us is the cobbler, we have nothing to fear from the wolves, and the village, without a clear target, is more easily manipulated.

Besides: Roa told me I wasn't cute.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpM
Fee Fee Dearest

Quote:
Besides: Roa told me I wasn't cute.
Hush now, of course you're cute.

I don't see any harm in you putting yourself forward as a competing Cobbler candidate. If the Wolves see us both as potential Cobblers, then that can only be to our advantage. I see that you have been attracting a bit of suspicion yourself, which is good as long as it doesn't gather too much of a head. I am rather disappointed in a way that all the suspicion of me that was around yesterDay has somewhat evaporated. It increases the chances of the Wolves coming after me toNight.

I have no idea who to vote for at the moment. Porbably one of Greenie, McCaber, sally or Lottie, as my sstated supicions have been heading in their direction. Problem is, I think that one of sally or Lari probably is a Wolf. But it might look opportunistic to jump on the gathering suspicion of Greenie and McCaber. Anyway, I'll hang around for a bit and see what develops.

On possibly revealing toMorrow, I think that we should consider it if there are 5 baddies and 5 goodies (and us), as we would hold the balance of power and be able to deliver the Wolves a win. It's risky as we would leave ourselves open if the Wolves wanted to go for the sole victory, or (as Nogrod might) thought it unsporting. Problem is, I am not going to be around much toMorrow. I will only be around early in the Day and then later, at about this time.

What do you think?

Love etc

~Snookums~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea
Re: Fee Fee Dearest

Quote:
Hush now, of course you're cute.
Why thank you, dear.

Quote:
I have no idea who to vote for at the moment.
That makes two of us. I had to start talking after Pitch pointed out the flaw of my acrostic argument. Of course it's not like it wasn't intentional... Anybody who believed what I said about not being able to expose my opinions because they don't rhyme easily clearly didn't notice the fact that I explained this in standard verse, using an acrostic that spelled out "Why I'm not a wolf." Including the apostrophe!

But having to talk meant having to think fast, and just because I want to lynch the so-called reindeer doesn't mean I think they're evil it just means I think they're less able to be manipulated due to inactivity. And I don't want to kill an actual wolf or the cobbler if we're going to want their numbers later.

Quote:
It's risky as we would leave ourselves open if the Wolves wanted to go for the sole victory, or (as Nogrod might) thought it unsporting.
It's not unsporting if only due to the fact that I said point blank in one of my posts that the Lovers might not have the village's best interest in mind. I consider that revelation to be fair warning, and I consider Roa's brush off of the Lovers not being a threat as a dare.

Quote:
Problem is, I am not going to be around much toMorrow. I will only be around early in the Day and then later, at about this time.
I'm not sure if I'll be around at all, actually. I'm trying very hard not to be, but there's been an unexpected shuffling of vehicles in my household and the odds of borrowing Dad's car are significantly worse than the odds of borrowing Mom's. However Mom's car needs new tires (particularly since it started snowing... tonight...), which Dad (who fixes cars) will be putting on... on the day I want to borrow a car... While Mom drives Dad's car to work...

So ideally, I'll be around only from about seven hours after Day starts, then in the hours leading up to deadline. But all the middle ones, I hope to be missing in action. Except for the fact that Dad's really uptight about his car. So I might be around all day.

Ah, my lack of car and my inconvenient location in the back end of nowhere...

Love and rose petals,

Pookie
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpM
Re: Fee Fee Dearest

Quote:
Anybody who believed what I said about not being able to expose my opinions because they don't rhyme easily clearly didn't notice the fact that I explained this in standard verse, using an acrostic that spelled out "Why I'm not a wolf." Including the apostrophe!
I didn't notice but I hope one of the Wolves does. Its very Cobbleresque. And brilliant too.

Quote:
And I don't want to kill an actual wolf or the cobbler if we're going to want their numbers later.
Ditto. I went for Greenie. She could be a Wolf, but I thought on balance not. Nogrod looks more Wolfish to me at the moment. Roa, I am fairly sure, is innocent.

Quote:
It's not unsporting if only due to the fact that I said point blank in one of my posts that the Lovers might not have the village's best interest in mind. I consider that revelation to be fair warning, and I consider Roa's brush off of the Lovers not being a threat as a dare.
Yes, I noticed that. Fair point. So, let's play it by ear. But, if we get the chance, it may well be worth going for. We can plan it together during the Day if necessary. Provided, of course, that we are both around at the same time. Which is likely, I think, as I should be around a few hours before the deadline.

Love etc

~Snookums~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea
Oh Lover Boy!-

Can you hear me, lover boy?

Mistress Moddess Stick requests that if you have the PMs I've sent you, don't delete them, since she'd very much love to read our correspondence post-game.
Old 11-21-2009, 09:26 AM   #599
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Ring Lovers' PMs - Day 3

The Day of the big reveal ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpM
Oh Lover Girl

Quote:
Can you hear me, lover boy?

Mistress Moddess Stick requests that if you have the PMs I've sent you, don't delete them, since she'd very much love to read our correspondence post-game.
Yes, I have been saving them in a Word document in case I needed to refer back to anything, and also in case anyone was interested in reading them post game.

I really do not have much time now, I am afraid. I have just posted and tried to draw some pressure of you, but I am afraid that you are likely to be in the firing line toDay. The Wolves are likely to be stirring up suspicion of you. I should be back about 6 hours before the dealine.

On revealing - Although it is open to us now, I am wary because I think that the Wolves will be feeling in a strong position and are unlikely to go for it. That said, we should certainly reveal if either of us is looking likely to be lynched. I will leave it to you to judge if that becomes a possibility while I am away, but I will obviously support you when I return.

Best of luck.

Love etc

~Snooklepan Man~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea
Coup.

I'd like to try it. But I think it would go better if you suggested it, as the senior member of our little love pairing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea
Lover boy,

You officially rock my world for that post. I particularly like when you tell Roa that I'm cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpM
Re: Lover girl,

Quote:
You officially rock my world for that post. I particularly like when you tell Roa that I'm cute.
You are most welcome. I rather enjoyed the drama of it myself.

I think that we should just string things along for a while now and see where the reactions go. Towards the end of the Day, once a few votes have been cast, and provided that neither of us are in line to be lynched, I plan on trying to make a deal with the Wolves by suggesting that, if they leave us alone toNight, we will vote with them toMorrow (and thereby win together). But I don't want to do that just yet, in case the innocents take it into their heads to vote for us.

I am going to try to stick around to the end of toDay - even though it will be 5am my time.

Love etc

~Saucikins~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea
Re: Lover girl,

Quote:
I rather enjoyed the drama of it myself.
We're quite the evil pair, aren't we? I think we deserve congratulations. Almost a pair of werebears, us.

Quote:
I think that we should just string things along for a while now and see where the reactions go.
Yes, I'm clearly just being mean now.

Quote:
I plan on trying to make a deal with the Wolves by suggesting that, if they leave us alone toNight, we will vote with them toMorrow (and thereby win together). But I don't want to do that just yet, in case the innocents take it into their heads to vote for us.
I'll leave it to you.

Quote:
I am going to try to stick around to the end of toDay - even though it will be 5am my time.
Your dedication assures me our love will last forever and ever and ever.

I'll be up too.

Doves and starlight and champagne kisses,

Fiffy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpM
Wolf spotting

Dearest Fiffy

I think that it is in our best interests for an Innocent to be lynched, so we should look to vote accordingly.

I am thinking that Loslote is quite possibly a Wolf and that Nogrod may be too. I also think that either Inzil or Pitch is a Wolf.

McCaber I think may be innocent. And I am pretty sure that Roa is innocent. Her fit of pique at our comments suggests as much. I don't think that she would have reacted in the way she did, were she a Wolf.

What do you think?

Love etc

~Saucikins~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea
Re: Wolf spotting

Quote:
I think that it is in our best interests for an Innocent to be lynched, so we should look to vote accordingly.
It will certainly provide the most amusement for us and the mods...

Quote:
I am thinking that Loslote is quite possibly a Wolf and that Nogrod may be too. I also think that either Inzil or Pitch is a Wolf.
I concur.

Quote:
McCaber I think may be innocent. And I am pretty sure that Roa is innocent. Her fit of pique at our comments suggests as much. I don't think that she would have reacted in the way she did, were she a Wolf.
I would be extremely surprised if Roa was a wolf after her vote for me. McCaber, I don't actually know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpM

Dearest Pookie

Quote:
I would be extremely surprised if Roa was a wolf after her vote for me. McCaber, I don't actually know.
I put a vote down for Roa to see if I can encourage any more out. I can always change it if necessary.

I'm thinking McCaber innocent because he seems to be the 'fall guy' who has acted suspiciously and been seized upon by the Wolves for it.

It looks pretty likely that you would have been lynched toDay but for our reveal, so I think that we did the right thing whatever happens.

And anyway, I'm quite enjoying it. It's a bit like Bonnie and Clyde or something ...

Love etc

~Saucikins~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea

Quote:
I put a vote down for Roa to see if I can encourage any more out. I can always change it if necessary.
I saw that. Our lupine buddies must be dying right about now, trying to figure out what to do.

I briefly considered voting pro-villager if we could draw out wolves, but I really didn't think any wolves would be stupid enough to clearly state their affiliation in case we were bluffing.

Quote:
I'm thinking McCaber innocent because he seems to be the 'fall guy' who has acted suspiciously and been seized upon by the Wolves for it.
Well they've gotta have someone, since I'm obviously off limits now.

Quote:
It looks pretty likely that you would have been lynched toDay but for our reveal, so I think that we did the right thing whatever happens.
I concur.

Quote:
And anyway, I'm quite enjoying it. It's a bit like Bonnie and Clyde or something ...
Actually, this might be the most fun I've ever had playing werewolf.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpM

Oh, sally's vote for Roa is interesting. Perhaps she's a Wolf, in which case killing Lari was a bold move.

Brinniel looks innocent to me for that analysis of us - it looks to have been done from an innocent perspective.

I don't think that there is any need to offer any deal any more. The options should be pretty clear to the Wolves now. And I am glad that Nog mentioned that the Ranger might consider protecting one of us in the unfortunate event that a Wolf is lynched toDay.

Love etc

~SpL~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea

I'm not certain just now who to vote for. Roa, d'you think?

Poor sleepy darling, I hope this is worth it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpM

Quote:
I'm not certain just now who to vote for. Roa, d'you think?

Poor sleepy darling, I hope this is worth it.
The only innocent that I am pretty confident about is Roa. I think that McCaber is innocent but can't be sure.

I would suggest voting Roa, but not just yet in case it gives a clue that we think her innocent. Can you hold your vote 'til the last minute?

I have gone through the sleepy phase. I am enjoying this far too much to go to bed.

Love etc

~Snookums~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea

Quote:
I would suggest voting Roa, but not just yet in case it gives a clue that we think her innocent. Can you hold your vote 'til the last minute?
Certainly.

Quote:
I have gone through the sleepy phase. I am enjoying this far too much to go to bed.
Yes... I believe we're the first lovers to tell the innocent villagers to get stuffed... It's an event not to be missed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpM
Before Night falls ...

It looks to me that there is a strong chance of at least one Wolf being among the McCaber voters, which woud suggest his innocence. Good.

Let's hope the Wolves see sense and leave us alone toNight ...

Love etc
~Sauciekins~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea
Re: Before Night falls ...

Quote:
It looks to me that there is a strong chance of at least one Wolf being among the McCaber voters, which woud suggest his innocence. Good.

Let's hope the Wolves see sense and leave us alone toNight ...

Love etc
~Sauciekins~
True that.

<3
Good grief. Amazing how off-beam my speculations were on this Day. In my defence, I was relying on alcohol to keep me awake through the early hours ...
Old 11-21-2009, 09:43 AM   #600
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Ring Lovers' PMs - Day 4

More love-struck missives ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpM
More Wolf spotting ...

Dearest Fee Fee

I must admit that McCaber’s Wolfishness came as somewhat of a surprise to me. Looking back on it, I can see why the Wolves might have wanted to sacrifice him. It does make me wonder, however, whether we were wrong about Roa and the Wolves chose to sacrifice McCaber instead of her.

Her annoyance yesterDay looked genuine at the time. But, it’s possible that it was put on and that she voted for you to test whether there might be more general support for doing so. After all, the Wolves’ best bet for a sole victory would have been to get one of us lynched during the Day and kill the other at Night since that would remove two known innocents and even possibly avoid our revenge kill (it’s not clear whether we get that at Night). Then, when she saw that it didn’t work, she came on toDay all apologetic. Notably, it’s the second time in the game that she’s changed tack (her change of approach to me from Day 1 to Day 2).

It’s difficult to tell as she is hot headed and I can quite believe that our fun and games yesterDay would have wound her up. On the other hand, I am not at all sure that we can rely on her being innocent now.

Clearly at least one Wolf voted for McCaber and quite possibly two. It may be that all three voted for him, although I regard this as less likely, as it would surely have required some kind of planning and their main plan at the start of yesterDay would have been to get you lynched. So I would think that any Wolf votes for McCaber would have come later in the Day, when they saw that he was likely to get lynched in any event. If so, that points to Inzil, Nerwen and/or Brinn. Indeed, a Wolf pack of two of those and Roa would make quite a lot of sense, in light of the voting record.

Clearly, I am now less convinced of the Wolfishness of Nog and Loslote.

Sorry that I can’t be more certain, but McWolf’s lynching has rather thrown me.

Love etc.

~Saucikins~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea
Re: More Wolf spotting ...

Quote:
I must admit that McCaber’s Wolfishness came as somewhat of a surprise to me.
It didn't come as a surprise to me, because as you'll remember, I mentioned a few Days ago that there was something about him that was ringing alarm bells.

What did surprise me was how anti-climactic the end of Day was.

Why on earth wouldn't the pack vote to kill of Roa?

They clearly had our contribution, they had plenty of time to do it.

She's a suspected innocent by just about everybody, and she's oh so helpful to the village. Clearly it should have been an easy choice: once I'm no longer an option and Cabbie's on the chopping block, make a quick case against somebody else (or simply be transparent).

There are only two reasons why they didn't kill Roa instead of Cabbie: she's the pack leader or the wolves want the village to think she is. But the problem with the second idea is when they would have had time to discuss it, since we threw an obvious wrench in the Day with our little stunt.

I think they had to choose the lesser of two evils and went with the Cabbie lynch to buy themselves time to discuss things further.

Quote:
Her annoyance yesterDay looked genuine at the time.
Well after all the time and effort I put into antagonizing her (nothing personal, she was just the most outspoken 'innocent.' I'd have just as methodically irritated anybody else in her position if the opportunity had arisen) I'd have been shocked if she didn't snap.

Quote:
one of us lynched during the Day and kill the other at Night since that would remove two known innocents and even possibly avoid our revenge kill (it’s not clear whether we get that at Night)
Actually, I don't know either. I know that suicide is an option (I asked), so that wasn't just me talking smack.

Ah, this game... It's actually some of the most fun I've ever had playing. I thank you for that. You're a wonderful conspirator.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpM

Quote:
Originally Posted by you
Why on earth wouldn't the pack vote to kill of Roa?
The only think that I can think of is that it would have looked bad for them if she is innocent. But I agree. She was generally suspected for her reaction at our reveal, so they could easily have talked their way out of it. I am increasingly of the view that Roa is a Wolf, together with two of Inzil, Nerwen and Brinn. Sally, I think, is their chosen innocent 'fall guy' du jour (although I thought that yesterDay about McCaber, so what do I know).

And didn't I tell you that Noggie would accuse us of playing unsportingly. If he is a Wolf, then I doubt that the pack will make a deal with us. But I now think it much more likely that he is innocent. His posts bemoaning our approach look genuine to me. What's more, his analysis of who might be Wolves is pretty much in line with the way that I have been thinking toDay.

Now, who should we be thinking about voting for toDay? On reflection, I am starting to think that it doesn't really matter to us whether an innocent or a Wolf is lynched. If an innocent is lynched, then we can seal the game with the Wolves toMorrow (provided that they play along). But, if a Wolf is lynched, then it makes it even less likely that they will attack one of us toNight, as they will be more worried about our revenge kill. Indeed, on that basis, it might be even better for us if a Wolf is lynched.

I have work in the morning, so I will have to leave about 4 hours before the deadline - 3 hours at the very latest. But then again, for the reasons stated above, I am not too bothered about who is lynched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by you
Ah, this game... It's actually some of the most fun I've ever had playing. I thank you for that. You're a wonderful conspirator.
The feeling is entirely mutual, I assure you.

Love etc

~SpLB~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea

Quote:
The only think that I can think of is that it would have looked bad for them if she is innocent.
But at this point in the game, who cares? Either we were on their side and they had it made, or they could lie the next day with, "Oh, oops, our bad. Roa really seemed evil. Oh, we're in so much trouble as a village! Oh no..."

Quote:
And didn't I tell you that Noggie would accuse us of playing unsportingly.
Saw it coming a mile away. That's okay. As I said: I warned them early that the Lovers might not have their best interest at heart, that they weren't obligated by the rules to side with the village, and they blithely ignored the warning.

Quote:
Indeed, on that basis, it might be even better for us if a Wolf is lynched.
I wonder if the wolves would step up if we voted for one of them? Maybe not. It would depend on whether or not they think we're bluffing on the side of the village.

Quote:
I have work in the morning, so I will have to leave about 4 hours before the deadline - 3 hours at the very latest. But then again, for the reasons stated above, I am not too bothered about who is lynched.
I have to go paint my grandma's living room in the morning. Well, I say 'have to' but I did volunteer to do it... I'd hate for her to try ripping down wall paper and climbing ladders on her own, and my aunts are all equally likely to injure themselves with renovation. So I'll be around until DL, but barely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpM
More Wolf spotting ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by you
But at this point in the game, who cares? Either we were on their side and they had it made, or they could lie the next day with, "Oh, oops, our bad. Roa really seemed evil. Oh, we're in so much trouble as a village! Oh no..."
Yes, good point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by you
As I said: I warned them early that the Lovers might not have their best interest at heart, that they weren't obligated by the rules to side with the village, and they blithely ignored the warning.
Indeed. I meant to make that very point to the Nogsulk, but it slipped my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by you
I wonder if the wolves would step up if we voted for one of them?
No, I don't think that they would. My main concern is that they may take it a as declaration of hostilities. Then again, as I said, a lynched Wolf may actually help us to sleep safer toNight.

I reckon Inzil's a Wolf, with that vote for sally.

Love etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpM
Glad tidings

Sally's part-reveal and Inzil's reveal in response have benefitted us greatly, I think. I suspect that Inzil is the Ranger. If a Wolf, he had little reason to make a Ranger claim at that point. Assuming that he is, the Wolves have a better target than us toNight.

If, by any chance, sally is the Ranger then her likely lynching toDay will uncover Inzil as a Wolf and the pack is going to be very reluctant to risk triggering our revenge kill.

All good stuff. I like to think a played a little part in prompting Inzil's reveal.

I must go now, so I'll stick with my vote for Roa. Obviously, you should vote as you see fit, but the lynching of sally (which looks the most likely outcome now) would probably not be a bad thing for us, either way.

Good luck and I hope to see you again when the sun next rises.

Love etc

~Sauce~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea
Re: Glad tidings

Quote:
Assuming that he is, the Wolves have a better target than us toNight.
Well, they can't both be, so either way the wolves have someone nice to go after.

Quote:
All good stuff. I like to think a played a little part in prompting Inzil's reveal.
I agree. It's very fun to think such things.

Quote:
Good luck and I hope to see you again when the sun next rises.
If not, we'll probably be together again before the sun next sets.