The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 05:47 PM   #41
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Blind Guardian is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Wrong!!

Can our lovely mod at least put our names in a hat (with one extra) so we can see what our rolls are :P

And I'm Queen of Stealing Pages :P 8)
Tom was poet bot. Tom only sold soul for art. Tom suffered. Mith mithed Tom

Last edited by Blind Guardian; 06-28-2010 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Capitalization, first page pagesteal
Old 06-28-2010, 05:57 PM   #42
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Guardian View Post
I can create another account! So if I get lynched one Day one its not a big deal!
Erm....you are kidding, right?

Quote:
Wrong!!

Can our lovely mod at least put our names in a hat (with one extra) so we can see what our rolls are :P

And I'm Queen of Stealing Pages :P 8)
That won't work because if person 12 is a wolf they won't have the ability to talk to their fellows as long. It wouldn't be fair.

Dear, you really can wait until someone else joins. I know it seems hard, but the wait won't kill you. Besides, I have faith in Paranoia that as soon as he gets another person he'll send out all the roles.

Also, can you PLEASE kill someone by stuffing them full of poisoned rolls? You'll seriously make my day (or Day, as the case may be).
Old 06-28-2010, 06:30 PM   #43
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
What is it with pirate-themed games when Sally's away at camp?
Old 06-28-2010, 08:04 PM   #44
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Yeah I was joking

no I meant just so we know what our rules are so we can ask questions if we are confused. If the 12th person is say wolf number three they are wolf number three. Either way we wait.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:23 PM   #45
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Just get your wife to play, then, Pitch!

++Wifewife
Old 06-28-2010, 09:33 PM   #46
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
I've been trying to get my wife to join up here for years: nothing doing.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:08 PM   #47
autume98
Shade of Carn Dûm

autume98 has just left Hobbiton.
Sign me up! Sounds like a lot of fun.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:13 PM   #48
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

YES! lets start!
Old 06-29-2010, 02:30 PM   #49
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
YES! lets start!
I think ye be meanin':

Ahoy! Let us set sail!
Old 06-29-2010, 04:12 PM   #50
Paranoia
Haunting Spirit

Paranoia has just left Hobbiton.
Heh. Roles will then be going out soon; wolves expect your PMs first along with the first bit o' story. i.e. SIGNUPS ARE CLOOOOOOOOSED.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:48 PM   #51
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boo, I got back just a smidge too late.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 06-29-2010, 10:13 PM   #52
Paranoia
Haunting Spirit

Actually... I haven't sent roles out yet, so I might be lying. I'll squeeze you in. <_<
Old 06-29-2010, 10:53 PM   #53
Paranoia
Haunting Spirit

Further FYI; roles WILL NOT GO OUT until 1:00 AM CST.
Old 06-29-2010, 11:56 PM   #54
Paranoia
Haunting Spirit

Roles are going out; reply back to me as soon as you've gotten yours.
Old 06-30-2010, 02:49 AM   #55
Paranoia
Haunting Spirit

All roles are out. If you did not get one, you are an ordo.

Also, the first bit of narration will be up later today. Night Zero ends at 1:00 A.M. CST.
Old 06-30-2010, 12:26 PM   #56
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Woo, thanks Noia.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 07-01-2010, 10:06 AM   #57
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Just to forewarn everyone that I may not be around much till closer to the end of the Day. It's Canada Day (YAY!! ) and I've got plans pretty much all day so don't expect too much from me.
Old 07-01-2010, 01:35 PM   #58
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Oy, Rikae an' Nerwen, ye wenches, lay off a-slanderin' me missus! Jus' me bein' on shore leave dinna mean I canna hear what the wind's a-whisperin'! Ye're jus' jealous is what ye be!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Just get your wife to play, then, Pitch!
++Wifewife
I'm working on it. She likes her new nickname btw, maybe that's a start.
Old 07-02-2010, 05:59 AM   #59
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
So this one time I have been occupied with a ton of work, and not having time to get on-line to check the 'Downs in about a week. Which led me to forgetting I even signed up for a WW game a while ago, and led me to forgetting that it was possibly starting soon. My bad and apologies Paranoia.

I can still play (certainly more than I managed on Day 1 ), but work schedule will wipe out half of my day (and I've got a busy holiday weekend).
Old 07-02-2010, 06:40 AM   #60
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

++Wifewife (for Downership!)

If she ever actually joins with that username I may fly there and hug her.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:29 AM   #61
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I'm going to be in Boston Tomorrow so I probably won't be able to post until Late into the day.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:10 PM   #62
Paranoia
Haunting Spirit

woops. Kinda fell asleep on my end for a bit. <_< Busy day and dead tired at phase change... so the narrations'll probably be up in an hour or two of each other. x_x

Note to Boromir: Accepted. XD And don't worry too much; we all forget things sometimes. Just don't make it a habit.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:12 PM   #63
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
I'll probably be able to post no more than once or twice toMorrow as I'm currently visiting my family for the weekend, and I have to go into town to use the internet. Just letting you know.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:20 PM   #64
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

I think Monday is a night phrase but: our ac is about to crap out on us and our fridge isn't working right. At the moment we have a appointment for them to keep it 24 hours. We might have to stay in a hotel or they might let us stay in the RV with electric to their building. We have Internet on the computer but not on iPod, which I have used for the last two games. So I might not be on or I might not vote.
Old 07-03-2010, 12:18 AM   #65
Paranoia
Haunting Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
I'll probably be able to post no more than once or twice toMorrow as I'm currently visiting my family for the weekend, and I have to go into town to use the internet. Just letting you know.
Alright; if you don't happen to vote today, it won't be held against you as per what the rules state.

Same to BG regarding monday, which unfortunately is a day phase.
Old 07-03-2010, 08:13 AM   #66
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

So I myself may have to vote early due to Birthday parties, bonfires, and family visitations all in one day, so please do not hold it against me.
Old 07-04-2010, 12:06 AM   #67
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noia
Watch this space like a hawk.
Have been since I stepped through my door
Old 07-04-2010, 06:02 AM   #68
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Umm... there was a tie... so who was out?
Old 07-04-2010, 06:51 AM   #69
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

and a note Para, it's usually customary that votes that come in on the DL count, and ones a minute after don't. Like if the DL is 1:00, then a vote at 1:00 counts, but at 1:01 it doesn't. So Mac's vote should count.
Old 07-04-2010, 07:28 AM   #70
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Hmm... we know that the lynched one is an ordo, but we don't know who it was. That is somewhat dissatisfying.

And, as Wilwa said, if the deadline is 1am, then a vote at 1am is at the deadline, not after it, and the vote should count. If you do it differently (which would be ok, of course), you should have clarified it in the rules.
Old 07-04-2010, 10:51 AM   #71
Paranoia
Haunting Spirit

Actually that should be noted; I usually DO NOT accept votes at deadline. I accept them all the way *UP* to deadline. As soon as deadline hits, it's a lynch, and voting is no longer allowed.
Old 07-04-2010, 01:01 PM   #72
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Yes, that should have been noted before you started the game, Paranoia.

It also should have been noted that you considered it acceptable to PM players with the roles of other players who had neither been lynched nor been targeted by any gifted ability. Did you think I would be happy to hear a certain person's role? Certainly not. My sense of fair play is just as offended when I'm the one being given an unfair advantage as when I'm the wronged party.

I don't need your advice on how to play this game. I've been playing it for quite some time, you know, and I've been in pretty much every imaginable situation. I do, however, expect a mod to play fair - and that means being upfront about the rules from the beginning and abiding by them. Your little twist concerning the cobbler, mentioned in your PM to me, is another thing that should have been mentioned from the beginning.

I apologize to the other players, but I will have to withdraw from this game as it is not being run fairly.
Old 07-04-2010, 09:57 PM   #73
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Wasn't able to get on the net at all, as it turned out.

I'll be all right toMorrow... except that I am now very confused as to what's going on.

Last edited by Nerwen; 07-05-2010 at 03:33 AM. Reason: typo
Old 07-05-2010, 05:46 AM   #74
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
What exactly is going on right now?

We still don't know for certain who has been lynched. We have a dropout with all kinds of behind-the-scenes stuff going on. A day that didn't start. Did I miss something?

Mod?
Old 07-05-2010, 06:26 AM   #75
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
I apologize to the other players, but I will have to withdraw from this game as it is not being run fairly.
No need to apologize, I don't appreciate that kind of tinkering with the game play either. Mods need to be like good football refs and that is, be invisible. Sorry, but I'm out too.
Old 07-05-2010, 06:49 AM   #76
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
Mods need to be like good football refs and that is, be invisible.
Right now, our mod is a bit too invisible.

I lost a lot of my motivation about this game, too, but I was going to wait for the mod to handle the situation and not drop out yet. But with the way things are progressing (or rather, not progressing), I don't see much point anymore. Out, too.

Shall we just call it a day and abort the game in the mod's absence?
Old 07-05-2010, 07:30 AM   #77
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Shall we just call it a day and abort the game in the mod's absence?
I'd rather we didn't. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Para has been influenced somewhat by the way I ran "Metamorphs" recently: I tinkered a bit with that, e.g. adding a "no gifted-reveal" rule after Day One had started. That was just in the interest of balance, mind you; telling a player another player's role just out of the blue is a bit different...

Look, Para, I'd certainly appreciate some idea of when we're to start the Day, and of who got lynched yesterDay. Even if someone's an ordo, as it seems er... Glirsul was, it can be useful to read his posts in that light.
Old 07-05-2010, 07:51 AM   #78
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Very strange goings on here. I hope nothing has happened to Paranoia. It's odd that there are so many loose ends left dangling like this, and no reaction from Paranoia about all the drama here on the Admin Thread.
Old 07-05-2010, 08:01 AM   #79
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Very strange goings on here. I hope nothing has happened to Paranoia. It's odd that there are so many loose ends left dangling like this, and no reaction from Paranoia about all the drama here on the Admin Thread.
Well, the usual thing that happens to people is that their internet connection goes on the blink... but there might be some other reason, too. Either way, I think it might be an idea for people to give him a bit longer before abandoning ship.
Old 07-05-2010, 08:09 AM   #80
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Well, at any rate, Nerwen, I think one crucial difference is that the tinkering you did in your game was out in the open for all players to see.

What happened here was that I complained by PM to Paranoia about the way he did the narration, which I thought already broke a few unspoken "rules" of BD WW, and he responded with encouragement not to give up and the revelation of a certain gifted's role (\not even a confirmation of a guess I made or anything, but new information altogether). He also revealed that he had been planning to treat the cobbler role differently than expected without mentioning it - not cool in my book, since the village couldn't take this into consideration.

So clearly I couldn't keep playing with this additional unearned knowledge - any victory would be stripped of all honor. It's a shame, since I was quite enjoying this game and I hate to let my team down, but without a level playing field (or an uneven playing field everyone knows about) there can't be a real game.

Someone (who can step forward if/when they like) mentioned to me that we should have a minimum number of games a person must play before being allowed to be a mod, and I think this is an excellent idea. We have a sort of culture that has evolved around Barrowdowns werewolf: some rules are understood to be the norm, and when a mod changes them, xe should know that this needs to be pointed out to the players, etc. A mod has a responsibility to the players, and most mods around here take that seriously (even ones who, like Nerwen and Fea, have a few surprises up their sleeves tend to do so in a way that is fair to the players and their contributions to the game). We seem to have a very complex process for getting started in the RPGs, and though I'm not suggesting something that extreme is needed here, a games-played requirement for modship sounds reasonable to me.
Closed Thread