Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2008, 05:58 PM   #561
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Eodwine will ask Nydfara, "why did you keep yourself hidden and only come when Dan brought you?"

Firefoot, what would Nydfara's answer be?
He will reply that he is a wanderer unaware of recent news and unaware of the Eorl's arrival to the area, and that he did not know that the armed man who called after him was more than a brigand.
Old 07-20-2008, 08:13 PM   #562
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Post up. All the usual fine-prints about abused characters apply... ie. see me and I will fix.

Groin and Gwathagor, you have the use of Náin until such time as Thorden and/or Eodwine show up to discuss the masonry and construction. Gwath mentioned to me that Crabannan and Náin might have met in Dale. If so, Náin's memory has yet to be jogged, but it could be interesting if it is... I doubt my Dwarf would care much for Crabby, though, and in any case, he's likely to side with Erbrand more than Crabannan where Kara might be concerned.

I can't give you all day, though, because Náin's first priority is to stonework, so when Thorden or Eodwine join or send for him, he'll be off for that. How long that takes... well... let's let the day decide.

As far that goes, LMP and Foley, I have ideas that can easily result in an opinionated Dwarf-mason thinking they've made a good start, but that there's a whole lot of improvement that can be made if Eodwine wants a truly grand burg, which should play well into Foley's hopes for more stone-seeking. And, in any case, given the numbers involved in Eodwine's camp, I highly doubt they would have enough cut stone, in a single month, to complete a Mead Hall. Maybe to start one... but Náin doubts it.

And... that's probably enough to be getting on with for now, but if Kath wants something to do other than bake and cook, Náin would probably be happy to see her, and wax lovingly on the Glittering Caves.
Old 07-20-2008, 10:47 PM   #563
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil View Post

...I doubt my Dwarf would care much for Crabby, though...
Not many people do, I think.

Oh, Form - Erbrand and Crabannan are not at the kitchen. They are outside of their tents. I'm afraid that messes up your post a bit. Sorry!

Last edited by Gwathagor; 07-20-2008 at 10:51 PM.
Old 07-21-2008, 05:51 AM   #564
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Form! I'd completely missed that you were back! I'm so glad, Kara would indeed love to chat with her old Dwarf friend. I'll let Gwath and Groin have him for a little and then come interrupt.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:11 PM   #565
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Form: Don't forget to use Garstan as Náin's helper as he's the stonecrafter and Celuien is not with us anymore (until some later date I hope). So feel free to use him. I'm sure Celuien would not be offended as she gave already myself and Lommy the "right" to use him and his children. And that's professional stuff anyway between Náin and Garstan - and why not bring back old memories or whatever?

Foley: I'll pay heed to your expertise on horses and try to incorporate that on my next post as well as I can... Let the present situation between the kids evolve. It seems it's not perfect but there sure are good leads...
Old 07-21-2008, 04:52 PM   #566
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
Oh, Form - Erbrand and Crabannan are not at the kitchen. They are outside of their tents. I'm afraid that messes up your post a bit. Sorry!
And here I thought I'd taken such care... not to worry, though, I can emend to compensate--I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
Form! I'd completely missed that you were back! I'm so glad, Kara would indeed love to chat with her old Dwarf friend. I'll let Gwath and Groin have him for a little and then come interrupt.
Duly (and happily) noted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
Form: Don't forget to use Garstan as Náin's helper as he's the stonecrafter and Celuien is not with us anymore (until some later date I hope). So feel free to use him. I'm sure Celuien would not be offended as she gave already myself and Lommy the "right" to use him and his children. And that's professional stuff anyway between Náin and Garstan - and why not bring back old memories or whatever?
Aye sir. Not that I planned to leave Garstan in the cold, though. He is, as you say, the local stonecutter and all.

EDIT: And... edited. Thank you, Gwath. I think that the change in situation actually suits Nain's character a bit better than joining them at table did.

Last edited by Formendacil; 07-21-2008 at 04:58 PM.
Old 07-21-2008, 04:52 PM   #567
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Just take it on from this (my latest post that is) Foley!

I've left the guys in a situation that might bring us... well anywhere. So only personal relations stuff or whatever you come up with why their horses backed away...
Old 07-21-2008, 07:04 PM   #568
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Noggie, I guess I'm dense. What's the anguish for? Did they shoot Javan by mistake? Or one of their own horses?
Old 07-22-2008, 07:19 AM   #569
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet View Post
Noggie, I guess I'm dense. What's the anguish for? Did they shoot Javan by mistake? Or one of their own horses?

Well I thought it would be up to Foley to decide... but I must say neither of those were along the list of possible explanations I had entertained myself...

But you might be right about the word 'anguish' being a bit strong one. Depending on what Foley comes up with as the explanation I can change the term to fit the mood better. So it's up to you Foley - I can edit the last sentences to fit your post later.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:52 AM   #570
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I've posted for Harreld, with an opening for anyone who wants his or her character to show up at the smithy this Morning.
Old 07-23-2008, 04:39 PM   #571
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Excellent post, Nogrod. Quite interesting. I'll write sometime and decide exactly what is happening.

Anguish may not be appropraite for just now, but I guess we'll find out.

Can't write any more now. So long.

-- Fol
Old 07-23-2008, 05:18 PM   #572
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Kara is very keen to speak to Nain but her writer is leaving the country for two weeks and is very unlikely to have net access. I was going to have her interrupt once Crabannan and/or Erbrand had spoken to Nain but as that seems not to be happening I'm not sure what to do. I don't want to interrupt and then leave Form hanging for two weeks, but I don't want the opportunity to be missed either.

Ideas anyone? If the stand off is still going by the time I'm back then no worries.
Old 07-23-2008, 05:44 PM   #573
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Well, depending on how quickly Gwath and Groin get to posting, and myself to replying... being gone two weeks may not be a problem much.

On the other hand, there are still the noon meal and the evening meal. Náin will be back to eat then, and perhaps that would be a more fitting moment for Kath to meet her old Dwarf friend. It has the advantage of allowing Náin to proceed after some "pleasantries" (long or short) with Erbrand and Crabannan, and possibly might allow the whole lot of them stew somewhat over whatever this "Kara issue" is that Crabby has brought up, in time for a more explosive reaction when Kara does turn up--assuming Erbrand and Crabannan turn up at said later meal.

Could just be the goblin in me, but I rather like explosives in my RPGs.
Old 07-23-2008, 07:23 PM   #574
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I'm on vacation starting tomorrow, and will be so until Aug. 3. I may have computer access here and there to pop in. No guarantees though. Cheers!
Old 07-23-2008, 10:49 PM   #575
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil View Post
Well, depending on how quickly Gwath and Groin get to posting, and myself to replying... being gone two weeks may not be a problem much.

On the other hand, there are still the noon meal and the evening meal. Náin will be back to eat then, and perhaps that would be a more fitting moment for Kath to meet her old Dwarf friend. It has the advantage of allowing Náin to proceed after some "pleasantries" (long or short) with Erbrand and Crabannan, and possibly might allow the whole lot of them stew somewhat over whatever this "Kara issue" is that Crabby has brought up, in time for a more explosive reaction when Kara does turn up--assuming Erbrand and Crabannan turn up at said later meal.

Could just be the goblin in me, but I rather like explosives in my RPGs.

Ha ha! I look forward to really getting into the thick of this!

Unfortunately, I'm working 14-hour days this week (), and will not be able to post until this weekend at the earliest.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:07 AM   #576
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Now, since I have holidays, I can post much more on here.
Old 07-24-2008, 11:09 AM   #577
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Nogrod or Lommy can take it from there. I DID write a post where nothing really happened and Javan just scolded them, but then I decided it'd be more interesting and would make more sense if something else happened...explain the boys' anxiety a little. This may do it.

They should be happy it wasn't someone else. Garstan's nice.
Old 07-24-2008, 05:22 PM   #578
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Well, Groin, I had originally expected Crabannan and Erbrand to become good friends, but I'm having fun with this. Maybe something will bring them together as well - mirroring the story of Javan and Co...interesting...
Sorry about that Gwathagor, I was thinking about making them friends but then I thought that Crabannan's hellraising attitude wouldn't sit well with Erbrand's mild manners.

Last edited by Groin Redbeard; 07-24-2008 at 06:15 PM.
Old 07-24-2008, 06:14 PM   #579
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'm terribly sorry for keeping you held up Form. I'll post as soon as possible and get things underway. Very exciting stuff!
Old 07-26-2008, 08:12 PM   #580
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Things have been silent for over thiryt-five hours. What's next? Who needs to post?

-- Foley
Old 07-26-2008, 10:09 PM   #581
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Me. I need to post. Having finished my 70 hour work week (), I will now have time.
Old 07-27-2008, 07:20 AM   #582
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Elempi, what would tasks would Lord Eodwine give Dan? What jobs would he be doing? I just feel like I don't know what he should be doing.

Last edited by Eönwë; 07-27-2008 at 07:36 AM.
Old 07-27-2008, 07:21 PM   #583
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
Elempi, what would tasks would Lord Eodwine give Dan? What jobs would he be doing? I just feel like I don't know what he should be doing.
It depends on what Dan is good at, for the most part. If he has no preferences, then he would be used where most needed. If it makes it more interesting, Dan could be used for stone moving one day, tree hauling another, hunting for another, bellows pumping another, and so on.

Since nobody took up the cue I offered in my post of Harreld, I removed it.

No time to post right now.

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 07-27-2008 at 07:27 PM.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:39 AM   #584
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
I'm bringing in Degas today. I meant to post before work (two o'clock) but the post is waxing long and it's time to leave. So some time tonight (I finish work at 9:30) I'll finish up and post.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:40 AM   #585
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

K, great, Fea. I'll get something up for Saeryn this afternoon, so we know where she is.

-- Foley
Old 07-29-2008, 07:06 PM   #586
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I put up only part of a post, but I will not be able to finish it until tomorrow. So, Fea, if you need to know where Saeryn is going to, it's to Harreld, the smithy.

-- Foley
Old 07-29-2008, 08:59 PM   #587
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Well, Gwath, it's all yours... Náin is getting twitchy, but he's not quite set to blow, unless Crabannan decides to push all his buttons. Most likely, though, unless Crabannan manages to say exactly all the right things (which I must say would be uncharacteristic of him), Náin's likely to head off grumble-minded and ripe for a re-encounter in the mid-afternoon or sometime (when, perhaps... Erbrand and Kara might somehow be involved. That should work for Kath's schedule of return, methinks.

As always, if I've misportrayed your characters, by all means, let me know.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:27 PM   #588
Formendacil
Dead Serious

*cough*

Yeah, it's me again.

So, Fea's post leads into Náin, so I'm going to run with that...

Sorry, Gwath, I guess Crabannan's off the hook for the moment, unless he wants to tag along. This just works too well with Náin's itinerary for the day of surveying the grounds and stones and whatnot.

So Crabannan does not have to explain or distort anything yet... though he can certainly percolate over the issue until later, and I assure you that the mid-afternoonish, or lunchish, or wheneverish encounter is not off the books.

We'll just have to wait and savour it.

Unless Crabannan comes up with an excuse to tag along, of course.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:29 PM   #589
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Gwath, feel free to jump in where I've left an opening 'for' Formy. Or somebody else can come interrupt. I just wanted to tease Form a little, since we were chatting as I finished up the post. The idea is simply to build suspense for Degas by delaying his meeting with Eodwine and his knowledge of Saeryn/his home. The longer I can keep him uninformed, the more desperate he will become for answers. And desperate people are fun to write. And, I suspect, to read.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:58 PM   #590
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Looks like we've crossposted, Fea, since I've already put a reply up. I know, though, that you're offline, so this shouldn't happen again--tonight. (Well, unless you just can't stand me and made yourself invisible to get away.)

Anyway, the end of my post is fairly wide open--wider than my last post here suggested it would end up. So, Gwath, as utterly confused as you could be becoming the way this thread has gone... you can do whatever you want now. Crabannan can stick acround, and bug Náin with his presence, or he can get out while the going's good. He can find Thorden or Eodwine... or lead us down some detour we don't expect... or he can get away from that mess and go bug Harreld about Ginna.

*contended sigh*

I really missed RPGing, I think.

Old 07-30-2008, 08:26 AM   #591
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

It looks like your characters reputation precedes himself, Gwathagor. Quickly, make friends with the newcomer, Degas, before he is influenced by the rumors! I really like the way that this is turning out; very exciting stuff.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:24 AM   #592
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I (finally) finished my post. Sorry it took so long.

Formendacil....my character's name is Thornden, with an 'N' before the 'D'.

I'm so glad to see so much activity! I'm so glad Fea and Form came back, harrah!

-- Foley
Old 07-30-2008, 09:33 AM   #593
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Look all these humans.
Old 07-30-2008, 04:16 PM   #594
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
Formendacil....my character's name is Thornden, with an 'N' before the 'D'.
Oh dear... and I know that too. Still, I remembered the other "n", so I'm not completely useless.

I'll go fix that...
Old 08-01-2008, 12:44 PM   #595
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

So what exactly is going on today at Scarburg? I know that we have to start building the hall with the stones from the scar, but has Eodwine, or anyone els, found out who burnt the hall?
Old 08-01-2008, 07:05 PM   #596
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

How could anyone find out? And was it not merely a bunch of angry serfs?
Old 08-01-2008, 08:05 PM   #597
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin Redbeard View Post
So what exactly is going on today at Scarburg? I know that we have to start building the hall with the stones from the scar, but has Eodwine, or anyone els, found out who burnt the hall?
I'm back (said Sam).

Eodwine doesn't expect to find out who burned the old hall down. Maybe Nydfara/Scyld knows? More likely, Oeric knows. (?)

Now to go read everything.

EDIT: Okay, I've read everything. And I've posted for both Harreld and Eodwine. Foley & Noggie, I've corralled your characters Thornden and Stigend into my post. One (or both) of you may have your character reply to Eodwine's query.

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 08-01-2008 at 08:53 PM.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:34 PM   #598
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Feanor, I've just noticed that you've got us (Crabannan, Nain, etc.) in a tent, when we are in fact just outside of a tent. I'm sorry I didn't catch that earlier.
Old 08-02-2008, 07:44 AM   #599
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Feanor, I've just noticed that you've got us (Crabannan, Nain, etc.) in a tent, when we are in fact just outside of a tent. I'm sorry I didn't catch that earlier.
Allow me to go take advantage of that sacred thing which is called editing...
Old 08-02-2008, 09:23 AM   #600
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I got a post in. Sorry for having Erbrand break away from Dan so quickly Eonwe. I wanted to get Erbrand out of everyone's way because I'll be leaving on August 4th for a family reunion up in Yankee country and I won't be back until the 12th. So, y'all can expect me back around the time that Thinlomien is back.