User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-24-2002, 01:12 PM   #41
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Dinodas was proving to be a quite talkative companion. A young man with a bright, inquisitive mind could prove to be a valuable asset on the trek they would soon be starting, he thought. Not to mention the fact that he is a strapping male in prime condition, and has a way with animals. ‘I wonder if that extends to understanding the minds and actions of Wargs? Now that would be extremely helpful.’

He sighed mentally, looking about at the companions who had so far shown up. So many females, he thought to himself, and young to boot! What were their families thinking, sending them out on such a dangerous mission! He hoped that the other lads would soon show up, he did not relish the thought of taking care of all these ‘females’ on the long, hard journey.

Bullroarer listened as the lad went on, throwing in the occasional comment as needed or a solemn nod of the head. The main of his attention, though, was fixed on the door to the Inn. He had just glanced up again from a long pull at his tankard, when he saw someone slink in through the door, and look about with measured irritation. ‘A Harfoot, by the look of him.’ he murmured to himself. ‘I wonder what bothers him so.’ He stood up, and gazed toward the Hobbit, wanting a better look at him.

Bullroarer watched as the Hobbit fixed his eyes on him, and with barely concealed exasperation, made his way to where he stood. ‘Must have had some recent deal gone sour for him.’ thought Bullroarer. The man had a keen, piercing stare, and a crafty look which played about his face as he sized up the famous Hobbit who now stood before him. Bullroarer laughed to himself. ‘I’ll wager he could sell me my own horse and make me think it was a good deal!’

‘Greetings, good sir!’ came the polite voice of the Hobbit, breaking through Bullroarer’s thoughts.

The Hobbit extended his hand, and gasped loudly as Bullroarer pulled him near and clapped him soundly on the back. ‘By the Burning Briar!’ roared the mighty Fallohide. ‘I believe we’ve now found our negotiator for Rivendell!’ He held the startled Hobbit at arms’ length, and offered him a pint of the Green Dragon’s finest. ‘Now, what did you say your name was? In all the excitement, I didn’t catch it.’

His eyes shown with a mischievous light as he watched the unnamed Hobbit fight for control of the situation.
Old 11-24-2002, 02:08 PM   #42
dragoneyes
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

dragoneyes has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

"Been to Rivendell before then Robin?" Hal asked,
"Yes, I have." she said, again thinking dreamily of it.
"That's unusual, not met many folk who've been there. Actually, not met any who have. Is it really as nice as they say in the tales?"
"Depends how nice it is in the tales you've heard."
"Well, tell me about it and I'll make up my own mind about how nice it is." and so Robin started trying to explain every intricacy of Rivendell and Hal listened, quietly thinking.

Meanwhile Gaddy tried starting up a conversation with Daisy,
"So. You're coming to Rivendell with us?"
"It would seem so, yes." said Daisy with a smile. Gaddy smiled back but couldn't think of anything else to say, so he carried on drinking.

[ November 24, 2002: Message edited by: dragoneyes ]
Old 11-25-2002, 12:44 AM   #43
Calenedheliel
Animated Skeleton

Calenedheliel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Daisy turned away unsure of what to say next. Gaddy seemed to be at a loss for words also.

Daisy watched Bullroarer talking to a hobbit she hadn't met yet. The conversation looked very interesting but she didn't want to be rude to Gaddy by getting up and going over to see what was being said.

Finally, Daisy thought of something to say to Gaddy. "I've brought my own pony to travel with, she is a very good pack pony and can carry a lot of supplies for us." said Daisy. "I'm also bringing my slingshot for protection." she said.

Gaddy looked over at her with great interest. Daisy continued "What are you bringing on the trip Gaddy?" Daisy asked politely. Daisy looked away shyly waiting for an answer and hoping that he did not notice that she was blushing as she talked to him.
Old 11-25-2002, 08:43 AM   #44
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Helkahothion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Helkahothion Send a message via AIM to Helkahothion
Then a person enterred the inn wearing a green robe witch covered his intire body including his head. Dwarin looked at him with great suspicion.

The person toke off his robe and now they could see the real an elven warrior standing at the entrance. But his weaponry was not completly elfisch. He wore a large sword on his belt, carried a bow on his back and a large knife was stuck in his belt.

"good evening" the elf sayd. My name is Anuion and I am an adventurer. I'm looking for adventure and will take almost any job because it's gonna be my firsth. Dwarrin laught. "hahaha another adventurer that want's to join." Welcome!
________
Marijuana Vaporizer

Last edited by Helkahothion; 03-07-2011 at 03:39 AM.
Old 11-25-2002, 11:52 AM   #45
Ringwraith Number Two
Haunting Spirit

Ringwraith Number Two has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Lotho collected himself in what he hoped was a dignified way.

"Lotho Hilldweller of Whitfurrows, sir," he said, bowing slightly. He eyed the extended hand grasping the pint of beer somewhat warily, and after a pause, took it.

"I see I've already been given my job," he continued smoothy. "Negotiator, eh? I'll do that job well." He looked around the inn, and suddenly spoke. "These young ones aren't coming as well, are they?"

Bullroarer nodded.

Lotho felt annoyed. He felt a burning urge to burst out and say: "I'm sure you've considered the aspect that througout most of the journey, we'll be running round after these hobbits- some barely out of their tweens, from the looks of it- and we will be wasting precious time" but he felt that it was wise not to show his disapproval at this early stage in the journey.

"So, my good sir, when will we be starting?" he asked Bullroarer, hoping to start a polite conversation, whilst eyeing the two blushing hobbits near them disapprovingly.
Old 11-25-2002, 12:53 PM   #46
dragoneyes
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

dragoneyes has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

"Well, we have lots of useless things in our hole, it's almost a mathom-house. I might be able to dig out a bow and arrow, not that I can use one," Gaddy quickly added, so that Daisy wouldn't get the wrong idea.
"I've got plenty of kindling and stuff to ligt fires with, blankets and cooking things, Hal's the one with the horse." He continued.
Daisy looked back at him and looked genuinely interested,
"You cook?" she said,
"Oh yes, I once bit into an apple and lots of maggots came jumping out, so now I try to eat cooked food as much as possible."
Daisy looked a little disgusted and there was an uneasy silence. Gaddy glanced over Daisy's shoulder and saw a new hobbit talking to Bullroarer, but eying them with dissaproval, eager for a new subject Gaddy said,
"Who's that talking to Bullroarer now?"

[ November 25, 2002: Message edited by: dragoneyes ]
Old 11-25-2002, 02:41 PM   #47
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

"You say there will be dangers on this journey, Bullroarer," said Dinodas. "What kind?"

Bullroarer did not answer. Following the his gaze, Dinodas saw the door to the inn open and a hobbit step in, who moved towards their table.

Dinodas stood up and said quietly, "A new adventurer, I see. Perhaps I shouldn't bother you for awhile?"

He walked over to Robin and took a seat next to her, listening with an amused smile as she talked the wonders of Rivendell to Hal. Then he turned to where the other young hobbit lass, Daisy Took, and Gaddy were speaking. He smiled at Daisy.

"I hope I'm not interrupting, but I just thought I'd properly introduce myself to young Daisy here," said he. "I may not know Gaddy and Hal, but as they live in Bywater, like myself, I've passed them a few times. Yet I've never seen you before, Daisy.

"My name is Dinodas Green, which you knew when we were introduced," he continued. "Will you be making this long journey with us?"

"Yes, if all goes well," Daisy said shyly.

Dinodas gave a teasing look at Gaddy. "I know Gaddy will be going," he grinned. "As long as Miss Took is going along."

Gaddy mumbled a reply under his breath, and Daisy blushed.

Meanwhile the conversation between Hal and Robin had changed abruptly, through Robin's own fault. She was likely to talk about something else in the middle of one conversation.

"I wonder if there will be anymore Brandybucks coming on this journey?" she said. "I hope so, because I think it would be interesting if I had a relation of mine come with us.

"What's your full name again, Hal?" she added.

"Halwon Cotton," Hal replied.

"That's right," said Robin. "I think I know another Cotton… or do I?" There was a pause, and when Hal looked at Robin again it was plain to see she had completely forgotten the conversation, because she was gazing out the window at the stars.

"Er… well… what will you be bringing on this adventure, Robin?" asked Hal hesitantly. He wasn't sure if he wanted to interrupt her daydream or not.

"Oh!" Robin was immediately back to attention. "I'll bring my bow."

"Is that all?"

"No…" Robin thought for a minute. "I haven't really considered what I'll bring yet."

"You should have, Robin Brandybuck. We'll be leaving soon."

Robin looked up quickly at Hal. "Did you say that?" she asked, then suddenly she knew. "Dinodas Green!" she cried. "I thought Hal was actually a rude hobbit, and that he was saying that to me!"

Dinodas and Hal both laughed, while Robin tried to pout.

"So what will you be bringing besides your bow?" Hal asked after Dinodas turned back to Gaddy and Daisy.

"If Bullroarer'll let me, I'll bring my pony Gil-Galad. After the Elven-king, you know," said Robin. "He's a good pony. Strong and sturdy, very brave… pretty fast, too. He'd be a wonderful pack pony."

"But enough talk about the journey," she said, yet again changing the conversation. "It's making me nervous. Tell me about Bywater, Hal."

"But hasn't Dinodas told you about Bywater?" asked Hal. "And you've seen it yourself."

"But I want to hear it from your point of view," replied Robin. "Go on, tell me all about Bywater."
Old 11-25-2002, 04:02 PM   #48
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Bullroarer stood on the tabletop and banged his thick cudgel three times on the thick wood.

All eyes now on him, he held aloft a pint of ale, and spoke loudly into momentary lull of voices.

'Come, fellow travellers to Rivendell. Pack up your belongings, and hurry to the Took mansion. The snow is getting deeper by the minute, and we must away soon. Dinodas, Lotho, Giles! Lead the way, lads!'
Old 11-27-2002, 10:55 AM   #49
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

"Ai!" Menelduliniel muttered, looking at the bustling Hobbits, "They are certainly excited, are they not?"

"You would think they had never been on an adventure," Estelarion said, "A, I forgot! The probably have not!"

"True," Menelduliniel said, sipping her ale, "I am waiting for a quest that is quite different from the others, personally. One that has never been attempted...and maybe one with other Elves."

"It will come," Estelarion said, "Just give it time."
Old 11-27-2002, 12:38 PM   #50
Celebmornie
Haunting Spirit

Celebmornie has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Celebmornie Send a message via MSN to Celebmornie
Silmaril

Celeb looks up. "An adventure? Am I permitted to join?" She waits calmly for a reply.

Celebmornie
Old 11-27-2002, 12:44 PM   #51
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

"If there's an adventure you should not leafe home without me!"
Anuion sayd.
And he also waited clamly for a reply.
________
V8 Engine

Old 11-27-2002, 03:33 PM   #52
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

A server paused at hearing these comments. "I have heard that a Man named Ransom is seeking adventurers," he said. "So is a Dwarf named Dwarin. Both may be found here in the Shire. Perhaps you should seek them out?" Then he went on about his business...
Old 11-28-2002, 05:17 PM   #53
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

Menelduliniel and Estelarion looked at the server.

"I thank you kindly, dear Sir," Menelduliniel said, "But I have specific locations in mind. I shall wait. I have until this world ends, do I not? I have waited long before an adventure came in other years, so I can wait now."

The server nodded and Menelduliniel rose and got Estelarion and herself more ale.
Old 11-29-2002, 05:40 AM   #54
the witch king
Wight

the witch king has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

the door creeked open and a dark figer could be seen closeing the door behind him he steped in to the light he was a tall man grim looking with long dark hair his long black hoodid cape looked old and weather beaten he stroad over to the bar "ale, land lord" he said quietly but in a menecing tone slideing his coins across the bar never takeing his eyes off the bar man the dwarf glaced at him in an un shure way he seemed almost to be debateing whether to hand over the drink but eventualy handid it over the grim man walked away with out a word(or thanks of any kind) and lit his pipe in the darkest corner he could find "welcome stranger" said one of the local hobbits sitting a few tables away but recived nothing but an icey staire as he continued to puff on his pipe and looking round intently as tho he was looking for some one
Old 11-29-2002, 08:10 AM   #55
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Anuion was sitting silently in a corner. He tought that it would be easy to get in an adventure.

"Go to the green dragon they sayd"He muttered.

He tought that anyone would need a strong elven ranger in their company. He guesed that he was sadly mistaken.
________
Michigan Dispensaries

Old 11-29-2002, 09:11 AM   #56
the witch king
Wight

The Eye

the grim man looked intently at the strangely familyer looking elven ranger sitin in the corner at the other side of the room the man tryed to get a better look at him serching his long and dark memory for some clue as to where he had seen him befor then a name began to serface "Anvion"..........
Old 11-29-2002, 12:02 PM   #57
Gimli the Dwarf
Pile O'Bones

Gimli the Dwarf has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

A stout dwarf comes into the in and looks around at the many guests. He smiles releeved to see the inkeeper was a fellow Dwarf. He says well met fellow Dwarf I would like ann ale to start with [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ December 02, 2002: Message edited by: Gimli the Dwarf ]
Old 11-29-2002, 01:49 PM   #58
Celebmornie
Haunting Spirit

Silmaril

Celeb looks around then says to her sister. "There is no one here I know! But I am way to D**n shy to intruduce myself!" Her sister smiles. "I figured! Well I am soo sorry for leaving you but my daughter is going to be home in a little bit and I shuld meet her." They hug goodbye and Celeb is left agan sitting alone in the corner drinking a small cup of ale.

Celebmornie
Old 11-29-2002, 01:58 PM   #59
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Anuion was still mumbling in his self when two elves came walking in. They where talking together and then one of them left.

Anuion heard that the other one was called Celeb. He was a bit shy cause you don't meet a lot of women in the wild. He toke all his courage together and walked onto Celeb.

"Could I join you I'm seeking adventure and I believe youre not liking sitting alone here. Perhaps you would let me buy you an ale?" ANuion asked and he wished he could sink into the flour.

This was a lot more frightnig situation than figting a warg leader he taugt.
________
ROOR BONG PICTURES

Old 11-29-2002, 01:58 PM   #60
the witch king
Wight

The Eye

his dark brooding is disturbed by one of the two elves leaving he glaces over at the shy looking lady sitting alone catching her glance he nods and raseis his jar of ale
Old 11-29-2002, 02:56 PM   #61
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

Menelduliniel drained her ale and ordered another. She saw an Elf sitting by herself by the bar, so she sauntered over.

"Suilad, gwenn Edhellen (Greetings, Elvish maiden)!" Menelduliniel greeted warmly, "There are not many other Elves here, are there?"

"No," Celeb answered somewhat shyly.

"We must stick together, I suppose," Menelduliniel said, smiling warmly. "I am Menelduliniel," she said, extending her hand, "And you are?"

"I am Celebmornie," Celeb responded, "And I have heard of you from somewhere."

Menelduliniel sighed, indignantly, "Ai! I had hoped that the stories had died down some. Yes, you know of my from the murder of Poldorawen."

"That was you?" Celeb answered, somewhat warily.

"Yes, a long time ago. Even in another life, you may say," Menelduliniel sighed, "Much has happened since then. Although, one thing that has not changed is that I know I was right to kill her."

Celebmornie did not respond. Menelduliniel knew that this was not the time to tell such a morbid story. Leave it to her to ruin the mood of jovial celebration...

"We must talk of lighter things, though!" Menelduliniel said, "Estelarion!"

Estelarion came over.

"This is Estelarion. He is far from a criminal if that lets your mind be at ease some. So, as you seem to know my story, and most likely my fate, tell us of yourself! Where do you come from? What is your tale?"
Old 11-29-2002, 03:20 PM   #62
the witch king
Wight

The Eye

quite a few elves where gathering in the dragon tonight far more than he had seen in a while it must be said he didnt like them he draind his jar and walked to the bar "mr dwarf, il have an ale" as he put his jar on the bar he stared at the elves that wherent to far away and said in a loud voice "more of there kind than useual in hear eh dwarin" "yes sir" he said "cant say i care for them" he said snearing at the elves
Old 11-29-2002, 06:38 PM   #63
Dwarin Thunderhammer
Khazad-Doomed

Dwarin Thunderhammer has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Dwarin’s head was spinning. Everything was happening at once. Suddenly the inn was full of people. He was handing out every sort of drink he had by the dozens. The hobbits seemed quite content over in their corner of the room, even if they were making quite a racket. Things were busier than the poor innkeeper could keep up with. Just the way Dwarin liked it.

One of the Dwarves in the room walked to the bar and whispered quietly to Dwarin. Dwarin nodded his head and returned to serving customers. The second Dwarf cleared his throat and spoke.thus.

“To all Dwarves and Men. My name is Gorin and I have been sent from the King Under the Mountain to seek help. Rarely has life been better for the dwarves of Erebor. We are prospering. However as of late some of our supply convoys have been lost. Last reports indicate the eastern side of the misty mountains. We need people to investigate. Anyone willing to help see me or go To Erebor.

His speech done Gorin sat down and talked with those who were interested.

[ November 29, 2002: Message edited by: Dwarin Thunderhammer ]
Old 11-29-2002, 07:42 PM   #64
Saurreg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Saurreg has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Saurreg Send a message via MSN to Saurreg
Sting

Glòin Stealthteeth jumped onto his feet and spoke with a booming voice so that all in the Tavern could hear,

"Gorin of the mountains! I Glòin, son of Bayer will join you in your hour of need. For the folks under the mountains are my kinsmen too! May we encounter glorious battle and achieve great honor worthy in the eyes of Aüle!"

[ November 29, 2002: Message edited by: Saurreg ]
Old 11-30-2002, 10:39 AM   #65
Celebmornie
Haunting Spirit

Silmaril

Celeb smiles at Anuion. "Pleas do join me!" She smiles as all of a sudden there is another elf there. Menelduliniel and her start a coversation. After they finish Celeb turns to Anuion. "I am Celebmornie. What is your name?"

[ November 30, 2002: Message edited by: Celebmornie ]

Celebmornie
Old 11-30-2002, 10:43 AM   #66
Acid_mouse666

The Eye

An elf dressed in grey enters the Green Dragon. She looks around at the many men, elves and dwarves gathered in one tiny building.
"My name is Enedlaithwen. I've come here from fair Lorien. I was wondering if you would be able to help me."

Old 11-30-2002, 10:57 AM   #67
Acid_mouse666

The Eye

"I am an elven warrior looking for a companion to help me on a quest. I'd be truely grateful of any acceptions to the offer...." She glances at several dwarves who are drinking heavily and shudders. "Dwarves....You can't trust them..." She muttered under her breath.

Old 11-30-2002, 10:57 AM   #68
Celebmornie
Haunting Spirit

Silmaril

Celeb looks at the new girl. "What do you need help with?" Celeb asks quietly.

Celebmornie
Old 11-30-2002, 11:09 AM   #69
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Birdland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Elfred Thistle had eaten two bowls of Miss Violet's good stew, with plenty of bread for sopping and some good pickle, served by that saucy new bar maid, Holly. Nop had had a bowl and a half, (plus whatever he could lick out of the remains of Elfred's bowls), and was dozing in front of the fire.

Elfred nursed his long pipe into life, took a satisfied pull on his half pint, and put his long, furry grey feet up in front of the fire.

There had been some good songs and jokes going around the inn tonight, but the most entertainment was to be found in watching the interactions of the Elves and Dwarves. Elfred had never seen so many of the Fair Folk, and he wondered what they spoke of in their quiet speech. But it was the flamboyant speeches and gestures of the Mountain Folk that almost made the Hobbit want to stand up and applaud. It was as good as any mummer at the Mid-Summer fair.

"Those Dwarves sure know their way around the words." said Elf to Nop. "Sound as good as any King in a Pantomine. So how would you address yourself if you were a Dwarf, Nop? 'All Hail! I be Nop, Son of Nip, from the lofty heights of Bree-Hill.' Sound about right, Nop?"

Nop waved his tail lazily at the sound of his master's voice and smiled. But being so comfortable, he did not bother to raise his head.
Old 11-30-2002, 03:03 PM   #70
Acid_mouse666

The Eye

She turns to face the elf who spoke to her. "I'm looking for a companion."

Old 11-30-2002, 03:49 PM   #71
Celebmornie
Haunting Spirit

Silmaril

"Why?" She asks sounding braver than she feels.

Celebmornie
Old 11-30-2002, 05:17 PM   #72
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Cami Goodchilde pushed her way into the Green Dragon, looking for a bite to eat. The hobbit was shocked when she looked through the door of the Inn. The place was crawling with an assortment of dwarves and Elves. They seemed to be eying each other suspiciously. Cami wondered if, before the evening was over, they'd actually come to blows.

Cami slunk lower in her seat. The last thing she wanted to do was to get between two brigades of Elves and dwarves who intended to have it out with each other. She did have a bow with her, but she'd have to stand up on the table to aim at her opponents' heads. She was rather short, even for a hobbit, and they would otherwise tower over her.

Cami saw Violet and Holly waiting on tables, but other than that, there was not a single hobbit in sight. They had been here earlier, and left en masse. How strange that this should happen in the Shire! She had heard the news about Bullroarer leading a whole contingent through to Rivendell to get some food for the hungry hobbits who were sufferering with the blizzard. That's where they must be, she thought.

Then, out of the corner of her eye, in the very back of the room, she caught a glimpse of Elfred and Nop, both of whom had managed to fall asleep over their pints. She went over and tried to shake them awake, but to no avail. The duo slept on, snoring in harmony. So Cami, being thirsty, put her hand out to borrow their drinks, which was a good hobbit tradition.

She took the ale over by the hearth and settled in close to the fire, hoping the two wouldn't mind too much when they awoke. She was chilled to the bone. She was a messenger of the Shire, and had been out delivering letters from early dawn. Cami set down her mailbags, and finished both the pints. Before she knew what was happening, she managed to fall fast asleep.

[ November 30, 2002: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 11-30-2002, 08:49 PM   #73
Gimli the Dwarf
Pile O'Bones

Gimli the Dwarf has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Gimli looked around the room as he finnishes his ale he decides that it is time to get a bit of pipeweed to. He suddenly notices the elves thathave entered the room.
He asks," are you guys heading back to the havens?"
The elves reply, "Yes, we are leaving Middle Earth."
Gimli lookes arouind and engages in a long conversation getting news from around the world and finding out that his father, Gloin, had become king under the lonly mountain. He meuses that he should leve the bar since it was late. He gets his pipeweed from the barteender and walks out the door smokeing.
Old 11-30-2002, 10:16 PM   #74
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

GIMLI

Please see your PM's (Private Messages).
Old 12-01-2002, 08:39 AM   #75
Sk8rBoi

Tolkien

A young man steps into the Green Dragon. He shakes the rain from his long, black hair and glances over at the dwarf behind the bar. "Good day." He said, bowing. "My name is Castamir. I am a traveller from Gondor." Castamir shifts uncomfortably as several dwarves start muttering under their breath.

Old 12-01-2002, 02:45 PM   #76
Celebmornie
Haunting Spirit

Silmaril

Celeb looses her nerve and attempts to hide in the shadows. She has never had any good friends except her sister and her family.

Celebmornie
Old 12-01-2002, 05:13 PM   #77
Galadel Vinorel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Galadel Vinorel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Galadel Vinorel Send a message via Yahoo to Galadel Vinorel
Pipe

Autumn ran up to the door of the Green Dragon, shivering with cold. She had been wandering around for miles, and now she was cold, tired, and hungry. She had been in this inn once before, and so the timid hobbit pushed opened the door. A warm breeze rushed out to greet her, and she smelled the baking of some delicous smelling food.

Pulling the hood of her worn cloak over her head, Autumn entered the inn. She was greeted by an assortment of eyes, and she smiled hastily around the room at the other travelers. Walking over to the bar, Autumn quickly lowered her hood and asked the barkeeper, who she recognised, for a mug of ale. Autumn sat at the bar sipping her drink as she surveyed the scene around her.

There were all sorts of people in this inn, even some elves. She saw a man standing in the middle of the inn, while near him some dwarves glared angrily at him. Wondering what was going on, Autumn settled back in her stool to listen to these traveler's tales.
“Words can never convey the incredible impact of our attitude toward life. The longer I live the more convinced I become that life is 10 percent what happens to us and 90 percent how we respond to it." -Charles R. Swindoll
Old 12-01-2002, 10:54 PM   #78
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

A rider, dressed in the livery of the Thain, entered the Inn. The young Hobbit raced up to the bar and addressed the barkeep. "I've an urgent message for Master Dwarin. Sir, if you see him, please tell him he is needed in Mod Gorthad at his earliest convenience."

With that, the messenger seized a glass of ale, drained it in a single draught, and raced for the door.
Old 12-01-2002, 11:15 PM   #79
Garen LiLorian
Wight

Garen LiLorian has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Garen LiLorian
Shield

The hour was late, and the Moon had already begun his descent towards the horizen. The door swung open, sending a gust of wind throught the tavern. The shape in the doorway was that of a Man, tall and fair, yet almost stumbling with weariness. He leaned upon his spear, and, using it as a crutch, he hobbled forward. Many hands helped him as he found his seat, and he thanked them courteously, his voice thick with the accents of the South. As if suddenly aware of the eyes upon him, he glanced around the room, his eyes noting with interest the swarthy Dwarves and riotous hobbits. He lingered for a moment on the exceptional form of the bustling innkeeper, and the ghost of a smile crossed his face, like a wisp of cloud driven by wind. When he spoke, his voice was soft, whether with pain or toil, or perhaps simply the voice of a man used to being listened to. "Sir Dwarf." Dwarin was busy. He had enlisted the help of one of the younger hobbits, and was trying in vain to hoist an inebriated Dwarf up the stairs. "Good ol' Dwarin," The Dwarf slurred, "always depend on him. Where is he?! Dwarin!" And, despite the best efforts of both the redoutable inkeeper and the young hobbit, the unfortunate Dwarf twisted to look out over the common room and pitched headfirst back down the stairs, where he lay in a heap, beyond any cares. "He'll be fine," Dwarin told the concerned hobbits, who had universally stopped their conversations to watch, "Just watch your step on your way to bed! Now," he said, hurrying over to the young man, "what can I be doing for ye? A beer, or dinner perhaps? I can set you up a room if you'd like. It's me last one, up in the attic, but better than being out in this wet. Why, I've never known it to be this cold, and it being almost Midsummer already." The Man, perhaps a bit flustered by the garrolous Dwarf's mile-a-minute monologue, answered shortly. "A room would be welcome. And something warm to eat."
This is my quest, to follow that star; no matter how hopeless, no matter how far. To fight for the right, without question or pause. To be willing to march into Hell for a Heavenly cause! -Man of La Mancha
Old 12-02-2002, 05:48 AM   #80
the witch king
Wight

The Eye

amron looked over he had been keeping a low profile since he had made coments about the elves at a near by table but this young man intreaged him he took a long draw from his pipe and walked over "an ale land lord" he said the turning to the weary looking man next to him he said "greetings friend would you care to sit with me a while? you look like a man that has a tale to tell and i would like to haer it, but not at the bar walls have ears" he glared at the elves who where looking up at them "come sit with me at my table"