User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2002, 06:47 PM   #201
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Gandalf - the elves were correct. Peri and Midnight are also gone from the stable. In a previous post(page 9), she has gotten up very early to catch a certain morning light. After mucking out Peri's stall and feeding both of them, she and they are going down to the river - Vorondil has joined them.
Old 08-26-2002, 07:26 PM   #202
Gandalf_theGrey
Visionary Spirit

Gandalf_theGrey has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

piosenniel:

Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I'll go back and correct my post!

* bows *

Gandalf the Grey
Old 08-27-2002, 02:45 PM   #203
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

Oh! I feel stupid for not telling you guys: yes, I did know you guys were there. I just felt like getting Estelarion and Menelduliniel out of the Inn...

Sorry...forgot to post that!
Old 08-27-2002, 04:35 PM   #204
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots

I don't wish to be rude, VanimaEdhel, but your last post here in the Discussion thread has got me wondering. Do you have any idea when you might just feel like interacting with the rest of us on the RPG rather than only with your own characters?

Bethberry

[ August 27, 2002: Message edited by: Bethberry ]
Old 08-27-2002, 08:36 PM   #205
Orofacion of the Vanyar
Wight

Orofacion of the Vanyar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orofacion of the Vanyar
Thumbs up

All,

I must assuredly apologize for not contributing or being involved whatsoever in the past few weeks. My real world engagements simply left me far too drained to post anything resembling a substantial post in the RP. I barely had enough energy to keep an RP of my own going. Alas, two jobs and a slow connection tend to keep me from surfing for over half on hour at the most.

But Gandalf you appear to have read my mind, as we have each other many times before, or Arcon's purpose in the RP. I did not intend him to stay a part of the storyline past the meeting with the Rangers, and I thank you for handling the character appropriately. I must again apologize for simply "dropping" him in everyone's lap.

A note to myself, avoid joining new RPs during the summer, no good can come of this! Leave such endeavors for the fall. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I wish you all the best and it was my esteemed pleasure to post with each and every one of you. Gandalf and Bethberry, I enjoyed RPing with you once more, it is of course entirely my pleasure I assure you.

Look out for Arcon this fall (or the "other guy" perhaps [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ), I am considering a new RP storyline.

My best wishes and regards,
Oro
Old 08-29-2002, 03:28 PM   #206
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

Let me explain where I am going with this: I'm trying to get them in a position where they are trying to sneak back in, then stumble upon the others. I couldn't think of any other interesting way to have them meet back up with you after so much happened while I was away for a month. My next post will be that they go back that night, trying to sneak in, then stumble across the others.

Trust me: I have the whole thing written out over here (literally...so much paper...): it makes sense eventually.

[ August 29, 2002: Message edited by: VanimaEdhel ]
Old 08-30-2002, 12:14 AM   #207
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Birdland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Well Gandalf, shall we have one more round, and wrap this up? As for winning or losing: I leave it to the dice. (Though if Birdie loses, she might never get that cushy job in Rivendell that she was daydreaming about. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] )
Old 08-30-2002, 08:35 AM   #208
Gandalf_theGrey
Visionary Spirit

Sting

Orofacion of the Vanyar:

Most understandable about your real-world commitments, my friend. * bows * It's been an honour and a pleasure having Arcon join us along the road while we've been On Patrol. May our paths cross again, in which case I'll look forward to sharing new adventures. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Birdland:

Sounds good to me ... I'll bring my dice along on my travels this Labor Day Weekend. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Though actually, I'd thought it more likely for Birdie to end up in Rivendell if she loses. For losing the riddle-game would wind her up in Gandalf's employ, and then all she'd have to do is somehow survive Castle Maladil and hopefully pick up a fast horse along the way, to keep up with Midnight while making all haste to acquire a replacement letter from Elrond to Galadriel.

(We're getting slightly ahead of ourselves, for Castle Maladil shall be its own RPG, and beyond Castle Maladil, should be another separate RPG.)

~~ Gandalf the Grey

[ August 30, 2002: Message edited by: Gandalf_theGrey ]
Old 09-07-2002, 01:33 PM   #209
Gandalf_theGrey
Visionary Spirit

Sting

Last Call for Posts to the On Patrol RPG!

Within the next few days, I intend to write the final post to On Patrol.

The reason why I envision that the action of On Patrol should end at the Trade Inn of Sarn Ford, is so that the upcoming Castle Maladil RPG can make a clean start from this same Inn. This segway will conveniently allow new people the opportunity to join the company before the company becomes embroiled in whatever dangers or challenges lie ahead.

Thanks and kudos to all my fellow adventurers who have made sharing the road such a wonderful treat. I look forward to our many successful future journeys together. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

* bows *

Gandalf the Grey

[ September 07, 2002: Message edited by: Gandalf_theGrey ]
Old 09-07-2002, 04:58 PM   #210
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

*Curtsies* Thank you m'lord, Gandalf. I, too, have enjoyed this experience!

Final posts? That is so sad. I'm going to cry when you do close it off...I probably will, too...
Old 09-11-2002, 02:28 PM   #211
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

If I read the foregoing correctly, there is at least one and possibly more than one new RPG planned. Looking forward to seeing your proposals! "On Patrol" has been one of the best on the boards.
Old 09-11-2002, 02:51 PM   #212
Gandalf_theGrey
Visionary Spirit

Sting

Hail Mithadan:

You read correctly. Though I plan to take a break from being RPG threadmaster for a bit, an upcoming RPG tentatively called Castle Maladil is in the works. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Now that I have made a final post today to On Patrol, I wonder if you could please close the RPG thread and archive it?

Thank you for your kind support. * bows *

At your Service,

Gandalf the Grey
Old 09-11-2002, 02:56 PM   #213
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

Will do!

And when you get a chance, no hurry, please check your PMs.