Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2004, 03:50 AM   #521
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
I have partially filled in my save (post #308) for Wyrma; it will be continued as soon as I have checked out further plans with Nerindel.

As to general planning, I would hope that all plot threads will come together sometime soon. It is difficult to post for a character who's mostly alone, when the others are interacting on several other stages simultaneously.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 12-05-2004, 01:25 PM   #522
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Ealasaide has just left Hobbiton.
Thumbs up

Hilde - your post has been placed at the beginning of my post #311.
Old 12-05-2004, 03:06 PM   #523
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Hilde Bracegirdle has just left Hobbiton.
Many thanks as always Miss Ealasaide!
Old 12-09-2004, 12:37 PM   #524
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Thumbs up

Anytime, Hilde!

Nerindel - I have FINALLY filled my save at the end of #303, picking up the conversation between Fador & Hasrim. Sorry I was so slow about it, but I had been at a loss as to where to go with it. I have found some direction at last & direction, happily, has found me! If you need me to change anything, however, please let me know. Thanks!
Old 12-10-2004, 09:58 AM   #525
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Ah, well, it seems I have made a mistake in my last Fador post (#303) regarding that confounded incense pot! I will have to do a little reading & checking and make a few changes to my post. I'll make a note here when the edit is complete.
Old 12-16-2004, 09:27 AM   #526
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Just to let everyone know... I have **finally** completed the edits to my last Fador post in #303.
Old 12-17-2004, 03:21 PM   #527
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Well....finally filled in Latah's post #312. (I promised myself I'd finish this off before viewing RoTK EE, and I think it worked!)

Ealasaide & Child, please let me know if you need any changes made.

Happy Friday to you all, and to all a good night (or good day as the case may be)!
Old 01-04-2005, 01:25 AM   #528
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Please no one faint, but I have written the day 3 post for the funeral. I am a little uncertain where to put it.

I am thinking that I should not put it in the middle of the current ongoing conversations (where my save is), but wait till these conversations have ended. The post has a certain air of finality about it.

What think you? Since I wasn't sure about where the conversations were leading, I wanted to check with you.

In any case, here it is....

EDIT: draft post erased after placement on the game....

Last edited by Child of the 7th Age; 01-04-2005 at 01:00 PM.
Old 01-04-2005, 09:25 AM   #529
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Child - Anywhere you place it would be fine with me, although I do agree that you are right- it does have an air of finality about the final paragraph. Maybe you should place it at the end of the thread as it currently stands?
Old 01-04-2005, 11:13 AM   #530
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Yes, putting it after Ealasaide's saves sounds good to me also. We can always fit in a few more posts in the preceding blocks if need be.
Old 01-04-2005, 12:59 PM   #531
Child of the 7th Age

Hilde, Ealasaide,

Thanks for the clarification. I've erased my save and placed the post at the end of the string. I'll also erase the draft post earlier in the thread.

I wasn't sure if your final save post was part of a continuing conversation. But you are certainly correct in saying that, if needed, more than one post could be out in that slot.

Cami
Old 01-10-2005, 09:30 AM   #532
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Sorry I have let my Save languish so long. I willdo my best to have at least the first half of it filled in the next day or so.
Old 01-12-2005, 05:43 PM   #533
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

This is just to say that I have filled the Airefalas portion of my Save. I will fill the second half, Fador's half, once Nerindel is able to conclude the conversation between Hasrim and Fador back in #303.
Old 01-13-2005, 02:38 AM   #534
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
1420!

Cami

About your SAVE titled: A conversation between Ráma and Narika

Is this taking place during Day 4?

If so, I'll do a post for Miri talking to Rama about Rôg

~*~ Pio
Old 01-18-2005, 07:49 AM   #535
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
I have added some writing for Tinar to post #308. Since nothing is happening there, and I can go neither forwards nor backwards with him, I let him express the frustration of that situation! I will await developments before writing a new post.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 01-18-2005, 03:43 PM   #536
Child of the 7th Age

Pio -

The conversation between Ráma and Narika will take place late on the evening of the third day, after they get back from the funeral rites. The post will end at dawn of the fourth day when Narika overturns the pot of water, and the mourning period officially draws to a close. Hope this helps.

~Child
Old 01-18-2005, 04:29 PM   #537
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Yes, I'll take it from there with a short conversation between Miri and Rama about Rôg.

~*~ Pio
Old 01-20-2005, 12:26 AM   #538
Child of the 7th Age

Question

Save #314 is filled in. I have purposely down pedalled any conflict between the two sisters. Given that there are others opposing Thorn, I thought the poor fellow would have his hands full.

Regarding that noise heard at the door..... I know there's a "spy" out there who will spill the beans at the Elder's meaning, but I can't remember which character that is. Please identify yourself.

Are we now free to go forward with the posts for the Elder's meeting?
Old 01-20-2005, 04:00 AM   #539
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Cami

Post 316 is filled in. Let me know if I need to change anything about Rama in it as I used her quite a bit.

Last edited by piosenniel; 01-20-2005 at 12:25 PM.
Old 01-20-2005, 10:23 AM   #540
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Quote:
Regarding that noise heard at the door..... I know there's a "spy" out there who will spill the beans at the Elder's meaning, but I can't remember which character that is. Please identify yourself.
Child - that would be one of my Elders - I am thinking probably Harith.
Old 01-20-2005, 12:41 PM   #541
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Everyone

I've posted for Rôg in #317. His Elders will be sending him back to help Aiwendil. I'd like for him to arrive the morning of the day Rama and Aiwendil and whoever else is gathered to be able to go with them.

In an effort to move the game along, I would really like to see us getting to this point (leaving to seek the Eagles in the mountains) by the middle of next week.

-----

I'm going to do a time jump forward for Piosenniel, Baran, et al soon for them to meet up with Rama and Aiwendil just as they are heading south to find the Eagles.

Mithadan - do you want Baran to go with this group or . . .?

-----

If there are any imminent subplots hatching, perhaps they had better be put in motion soon.

Eala and anyone else who needs to - Please carry along Nerindel's characters as needed to get yours and Mith's and Esty's subplot going?

-----

Any ideas on how we could compress a little game time to accomplish moving the action along?

Here's the original plan from the previous page of the DT -

1.) Elders' meeting (DONE)

2.) Sorona shares her vision (DONE)

3.) Elders react (DONE)

4.) Those outside the meeting react (dONE)

5.) Individual evening posts of Day 1 -- One of the things Child wants to do is to hook Ráma up with Aiwendil (DONE)

6.) Rog leaves at the end of Day 1. (DONE)

7.) Summary post for day 2 following the outline for the funeral (Hilde?) (DONE)

8.) Summary post for day three following the outline for the funeral (Child?) (DONE)

9.) Day four - tying up the funeral and set the scene for coming action and conflicts, e.g., Rama talking with her sister privately about what Ayar said, preparations for the wedding and the official naming of the new leaders.... IS THIS DONE?

10.) Day 5 - the wedding and naming

11.) Day 6 would be the BIG meeting of the Elders where everyone is screaming at each other, Rama is officially declared a lunatic when rumors of what her mother said slips out, and we finally decide what we are going to do for the rest of the game

Can we squash something together here?

~*~ Pio
Old 01-20-2005, 01:23 PM   #542
Child of the 7th Age

Pio,

I haven't had a chance to run this by anyone but could we go into the Elder's meeting directly on day 4 and skip the day of planning? The wedding could then be the next day. I suppose if we were really desirous of condensing things, we could have a "shotgun" wedding on the night of Day 4 ( ), thus emphasizing the gravity of the situation---the fact that the clan is going to war. In times of war, people have a way of getting hitched up very quickly and simply, rather than the elaborate rituals they normally use.

Give me a chance to discuss these ideas with Hilde since she would be very involved in the writing. If anyone else sees alternatives, please feel free to throw them out.

Cami
Old 01-21-2005, 03:10 AM   #543
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

1420!

~*~ HUZZAH!!!!! ~*~

I have found the map I was looking for. It's pages 38 - 39 From Fonstad's Atlas of Middle-earth. It's the one I've been using to figure out where everything is. HERE
Old 01-21-2005, 11:06 AM   #544
Child of the 7th Age

Pio -

That's a beauty of a map. I'm glad and surprized you found it. I thought that all the map sites had been shut down.

Yes.....we have decided to do the "big squash". The contents of days 4-6 will be boiled down to one day. Hilde and I have spoken and we are getting with Ealasaide. Basically, there will be a series of posts on the Elders meeting (about 4-5) that includes an eventual declaration of war, and this will lead directly into a very brief and hasty ceremony, something less elaborate than would normally happen but to be expected on the eve of war. Any character is welcome to come, attend the meeting, and speak up.

I am putting up a save for the first post.

Cami
Old 01-24-2005, 02:54 PM   #545
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Bringing this forward:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHARACTER LIST – with a few places and other assorted things added on for ease of reference

~*~

GONDOR

-- Mithadan – Captain/The Lonely Star
-- Airefalas – First Mate/The Lonely Star
-- Avarlond – Airefalas brother
-- Lady Isabel - Airefalas’ fiancée
-- Saelon – Helm’s-man/The Lonely Star
-- Ardil – sailor/The Lonely Star
-- Duilin – sailor/The Lonely Star

-- Piosenniel
-- Cami, Isilmir, Gilwen – Pio and Mith’s children
-- Derylin – friend of Pio and Mith
-- Hester – Pio/Mith’s housekeeper-cook
-- Sinda – Pio’s horse/male

-- Baran the Beorning

-- Morien – Innkeeper/The Seventh Star Inn
-- Mirenin – serving-girl/The Seventh Star Inn

-- Faragaer – Captain/The Scuppered Gull
-- Haladan – First Mate/The Scuppered Gull

-- Tavar – Captain/The Windrunner whose crew is manning the Star’s return to Umbar

-- Hamar – First Mate/The Sandpiper/one of Elessar’s sailors sent to assist in the return of Mithadan and Airefalas

-- Gadi & Haleel - Pio and group's 2 trader guides

xxx Places/Things xxx

-- The Seventh Star Inn

-- The Lonely Star – Pio and Mith’s ship/renamed (see following entry)
-- The Sandpiper - Star renamed for rescue trip south/old ship which used to sail the coasts to Umbar
-- The Windrunner - Capt. Tavar's ship/crew is manning The Sandpiper

~*~

UMBAR

The Dragon Clan

-- Wyrma
-- Tinar - Wyrma’s youngest of four sons
-- Markal – Wyrma’s 1st son
-- Walat – Wyrma’s 2nd son, serves under Halfr/Wolf Clan
-- Kumat – Wyrma’s 3rd son
-- Elsta – Wyrma’s maid

-- Falasmir – ruler of Umbar
-- Galandor – Falasmir’s right hand man/Wyrma’s dalliance
-- Kalir – Falasmir’s servant
-- Raal, Mahal, Seft – Falasmir’s guards for the Gondorians

-- Musad and Nizar – odd jobbers for Wyrma
-- Wahid and Wasim – Wyrma’s would be, now dead, assassins of Elessar

The Wolf Clan

-- Audúlfr -Father of Halfr, Grandfather to Kórpulfr. Audúlfr pledged an alliance with the Wyrm clan after they helped to save the wolf clan from extinction, but came to regret this decision when he realise what Wyrma’s true plans were. However before he could tell anyone of his fears, he became mysteriously ill eventually dying.

-- Halfr - (Age 52) Korpulfr’s father and Sorona’s husband. After losing his wife in the great Haradrim raids, he became mad with grief blaming the eagle clan, the Haradrim and anyone else who does not agree with his thirst for revenge, even his own father at one point!

-- Korpúlfr - (age 25) Halfr and Sorona’s only son. A prominent merchant of Umbar and a loyal member of his clan. (see Bio for more)

-- Hasrim - (Age 35) Wolf clan Warrior and Kor’s older cousin (Halfr‘s Sisters son). Hasrim lost his mother, father and both his sisters in the Haradrim raids and now brands anyone who will not stand and fight cowards. He believes in Wyrma’s ambitions and plans to be key figure in her new order. However, he keeps these ideals a closely guarded secret especially from his Cousin!

-- Asrim - (Age 30) Kor’s cousin (Halfr’s brother’s eldest son). Asrim is a merchant of Umbar, he looks after the business when Kor is away, he has adapted well to this way of life and enjoys being a respectable merchants and if forced to choose he would not return to the nomadic life of his ancestors. But he is a strong believer in choices and if he knew that Wyrma was forcing her people into the cities he would be against it, as a confident negotiator he does not hold with violence, but will defend himself or his people if he is called to do so or if left with no other option.

-- Jahr - (Age 17) Asrim’s younger brother and wolf clan messenger. Jahr loves his brother and looks up to both him and Kor. being young Jahr is not sure what he wants out of life, he often dreams of becoming a powerful merchant like his brother and his cousin. However, when in the city for to long he feels caged and trapped, feeling the call of the desert and the freedom it holds deeply.

xxx Places/Things xxx

-- The Cat’s Paw Inn
-- Wyrma’s maenwaith city/under construction - east of the Havens of Umbar

~*~

THE DESERT

The Eagle Clan

-- Rama
-- Narika – Rama’s twin
-- Ayar – Rama’s mother – now deceased
-- Claris – Ayar’s grey-haired serving woman
-- Ayka – ancient Eagle crone/lives in the mountains to the south
-- Kyelek – Rama’s trusty steed

-- Thorn – marrying Narika/was spying at Falasmir’s court
-- Yalisha – herbalist-healer/Thorn’s sister

-- Surinen
-- Dinsul – Surinen’s father
-- Mirya – Surinen’s sister
-- Fador – Surinen’s cousin once removed - mother's side, whom he refers to as 'Uncle' (Elder of the Tribe)

-- Narayad
-- Latah – Narayad’s wife/Fador’s daughter/Surinen's second cousin

-- Salihah - Barakah's granddaughter and the best friend and confidante of Fador's daughter, Latah. She is 19 nineteen years old, married, and the mother of a one-year-old child. She is rather plain, but good hearted and wise for her age. She harbors a very deep love and respect for her grandmother.

-- Sorona – trapped in Eagle form/mildly amnesiac
-- Freya – Sorona’s deceased cousin

-- Miri – 7y/o girl/has a brother

-- Kron, Zed, Garel - Eagle tribesmen

Elders of the Eagle Clan

-- Fador - Chairman, so to speak, of the counsel of elders.

-- Barakah - a widow, she is small and thin and very old, with bright dark brown eyes and flwoing white hair. Very traditional, she distrusts the Dragons, the Wolf clan and the outside world as a whole, believing that isolation is the key to the survival of the Eagles.

-- Dakarai - basically, he is Barakah's protector and supporter. He shares her views on isolation as the Eagles' best chance for survival. Of medium height and weight, he is of rather dour countenance and wears a full white beard.

-- Harith - a small, wizened old fellow with very few teeth. He spent a good bit of time in his youth interacting with the outside world as a trader. He misses the excitement of the city and would prefer that the tribe cast aside their traditions and move in a new direction. He speaks in a high-pitched quavering voice and loves to gamble. Cheats.

-- Muntaz - very fat and, motivated by an abiding interest in trade and commerce, would like to see the Eagles embrace new ideas and interact more with the outside world.

-- Hadya - Muntaz's younger sister and Fador's long-time mistress. A widow, she is a sweet and simple soul. Gray-haired and plump, she believes whatever Fador tells her she should believe. She is intensely loyal to Fador and frequently at odds with her brother, although she does agree with him that the Eagles should interact more with the outside world.

~*~

ODD AND ASSORTED CHARACTERS

-- Eagle SC's in the coastal mountain range
  • Ayka - older female
  • Azar - Pio's guide; young male (Head, chest, and underbelly are white, back and wing feathers a darkish grey. Legs featherless, ending in large, sharp talons.)

-- Aiwendil

-- Rôg
-- Abar, Uriyat, Dairaphel (Daira) – Rôg’s father/mother/sister
-- The Elders of Rog’s clan – a curious lot who will appear soon

-- Hazad – Ayar’s assassin

-- Lena – Innkeeper at the Cat’s Paw in Umbar

-- Waitimu – leader of the Bakhpusta/Haradwaith nomads/non-maenwaith

-- Bird – Skinchanger/close friend of Mithadan and Piosenniel/whereabouts unkown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a MAP.

ANOTHER MAP, too -- same, but a little clearer.

Last edited by piosenniel; 01-24-2005 at 03:30 PM.
Old 01-24-2005, 02:59 PM   #546
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Thumbs up

Ah, great! Thanks, Pio. I was just looking for the latest version of that.

Just for the record... I should have my Fador Save filled by Thursday at the latest. Sorry for the delay.
Old 01-24-2005, 03:28 PM   #547
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Piosenniel et al are in a vague place and time at the moment in the deserty foothills of the coastal range. I'll leave her there for now.

Once the Eagle party heads south to find the Eagles in the mountains, I'll have her meet up with you.

By that time, Mithadan and Airefalas should have left the Eagle encampment, correct? And for an unknown destination. So there will be no point in Piosenniel continuing on to the Eagle camp or going any further northward.
Old 01-29-2005, 11:42 PM   #548
Child of the 7th Age

I filled in my save and got Ráma to the point of hearing the decision of the Elders' private meeting. My second save will be her plea to the council.

Any of the Elders attending the meeting -- please eyeball what I have said so far. If there is any general description you want altered, just let me know...

Cami
Old 01-31-2005, 02:13 AM   #549
Child of the 7th Age

I am hacking out my post bit by bit in the second save space. I hope no one will object. For some reason, it writes itself a lot faster this way than if I tried to do it on my own word program. I'll let you know when it's finished --hopefully tomorrow--so feel free to ignore it till then.

Cami
Old 01-31-2005, 09:25 AM   #550
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Quote:
Pio said: By that time, Mithadan and Airefalas should have left the Eagle encampment, correct? And for an unknown destination.
Yes, that is correct. My sincere apologies for taking so long to get them moving. I will do my best to finish my Fador post today.
Old 02-01-2005, 01:23 AM   #551
Child of the 7th Age

My save is filled in. Ráma has made her request to the council. If there's anything that should be changed to fit better what others plan to say, please let me know.

If not, let's plough ahead through this meeting with the disputes and eventual "resolution" so we can reach the point where our two subplots can take off.....
Old 02-01-2005, 02:26 PM   #552
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Thumbs up

Believe it or not I have finally filled the Save for Fador at the end of #312. Deepest apologies for being so slow about it, but I had some personal issues that I had to contend with. Hopefully, they have been dealt with now so that I will not be so slow in the future.

Mithadan - I left the conversation between Fador & Mithadan open-ended so that you could pick up with Mithadan's side of it. If you need me to change anything, please let me know. Also, look for an e-mail from me expressing a few further thoughts as far as Fador is concerned.
Old 02-04-2005, 10:41 AM   #553
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Thorn's save has been filled in.

And many congratulations on reaching Mt Doom, Esty!!!!!

Last edited by Hilde Bracegirdle; 02-04-2005 at 10:44 AM.
Old 02-07-2005, 11:39 AM   #554
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

This is just to let everyone know that I have placed a post from Nerindel at the end of my Post #303, which concludes the conversation between Hasrim and Fador on the evening of the Second Day of the funeral.

Also, my apologies for holding up the Elder's Meeting. I have been waiting for Mithadan to post as his interaction with Fador the day before may color Fador's behavior at the meeting.
Old 02-16-2005, 08:43 AM   #555
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Question

Does Wyrma's Walled City have a name?
Old 02-16-2005, 02:11 PM   #556
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

No, it doesn't yet have a name; it's so new that it is only called "the city" so far. We have been referring to it as "Maenwaith City", but that is not official.
Old 02-17-2005, 02:13 PM   #557
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Thanks, Esty! I had thought that was the case, but I wanted to make sure.

Okay... I have finally finished the interaction between the Gondorians and Fador way back in Post #312 (Page 8.) I had been waiting for Mithadan to post, but he has been tied up with RL concerns & unable to post. So...

Sorry for making y'all wait so long. I will do my best to have my Save for Fador & the Elders filled today, too. Since that looks to be a long & complicated post, I may not make it, so it may be tomorrow before that one is finished. It will definitely be up there by Sunday at the outside.
Old 02-18-2005, 12:10 PM   #558
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I will be away through tuesday at the keys where I will try to decompress and clear my mind from real life. When I return I will hopefully have time to jump back into this rpg.
Old 02-18-2005, 01:24 PM   #559
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Have a good time!
Old 02-18-2005, 01:45 PM   #560
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Child- I have put up a save for the wedding for either you or me to fill in, just so that this evening doesn't pass us by without a place for it. If anyone feels it too awkward, let me know.

And Mithadan, somehow decompressing while in the Keys sets me in mind of deep sea diving!