The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-29-2006, 08:28 AM   #41
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
After a lot of paperwork Volo came back to the hall where all the action was happening. He noticed two things that seemed wrong or at least he wasn't used to them: First he was described "'Grandfather' of European heavy metal" I wish!, this Sleepy guy must have mixed up the termes "heavy metal" with "power metal", Volo could easily be the grandson of heavy metal... The second wasn't even funny, people were going against him just because he was being friendly... "I understand that you are worried, but I find really little reason in voting somebody who just wanted to have a little chat..."

Volo took his guitar out and started playing something cheerful from his head to warm people up. He soon realized that this was useless and took out a piece of paper instead.

#5 Folwren just checking in.
#6 Menel telling us to think of something not completely random. Advising to think of a plan. This makes sence, but I don't feel like we should make a plan too openly, what does a plan even mean here?
#7 Boro said something like that too about #6
#8 Volo messing around
#9 Eonwe talking something random
#10 Volo told Eonwe not to be random, Boro that he speaks true and something without real meaning to Menel.
#11 Folwren speaks true about post #7, we have to discuss something, but not make too much of a "plan"...
#12 Menel agreeing with Folwren. At this I feel like there has been a misunderstanding, at least I didn't understand Boro's post like asking for complete silence... I feel that Folwren twisted Boro's words.
#13 Glirdan playing stupid.
#14 Celuien against randomness.
#15 Durelin says something random and a random vote on THE Ka
#16 Menel telling the seer to check the talkative people, makes sence, talkative wolves are dangerous, or so I have read. Also tells about the wolves that try to blend in and about the ones that aren't talkative. Silent wolves are rather dull, but I doubt that they can do much in the end... But with this post I agree.
#17 Boro talks about the importance of trust. Yes, I think it is needed, but it can also be misleading.
#18 Rune just telling that he is
#19 THE Ka talking nonsence, a lot of nonsence can be a good cover for a wolf...
#20 Nogrod telling that silence isn't good (I agree). Tells us to observe the people for changing their mind to stay with the mass. Agrees with Menel about seer checking the talkative.
#21 Celuien talks about the importance of strategy, but tells not to say everything. I agree, but this is post already "staying with the mass" as I see it...
#22 Rune cleared this at last, I mean the talk about Boro saying to be silent.
#23 Folwren has made good points. Dislikes random votes, but says that wolves wouldn't do that. I think I'll trust her for now.
#24 Celuien repeats the same thing about talking about strategy, but not too openly...
#25 Eonwe tells that people don't sometimes have the guts for suspicions. Also tells that the silent/loud wolf theory isn't to be trusted... I think that the silent wolf isn't so dangerous. I would trust more a change in playing style as the mark of the wolf.
#26 Glirdan sends a vote for Durelin because of the random vote for THE Ka. I agree that those randomers have no right to be here, but RL stuff might be the reason in such cases on day1...
#27 Rune goes off and says about getting interested about post 26.
#28 Boro talks a lot. Agrees with post #22. Tells about plans being bad and says that an agressive attack will more surely get us rid of the wolves. Agrees with #25, I personally don't. Doesn't like randomness, somewhat suspects Durelin and Glirdan. Trusts Menel, Eonwe, Folwren and Rune. I tend to agree on those four.
#26 THE Ka changes her vote for Volo, without reason I can understand, goes away.
#27 Dia tells us what we have been saying, the ordinary day1 talk without much reason. Doesn't suspect Durelin and Glirdan badly. Waits.
#28 Mac agrees with Dia.
#29 Lommy somewhat suspects Folwren for being overdefencive, but won't wote her because she contributes, good reason for day one. Doesn't suspect Durelin and Glirdan because they are like that, she knows better than I about that, haven't met either of them earlier in a trap like this.
#30 Nogrod smells a rat in Glirdans vote. Tells that wolves usually make more mistakes than innocents. I think that this is true, but Nogrod himself didn't make many mistakes too easily spotted in the last battle for justice.
#31 Celuien tells that Glirdan and Durelin are just being themselves.
#32 Menel suspects Celuien and I tend to agree, she has been talking rather strangly. Leaves for few hours.
#33 Lommy votes Folwren because of overdefencive behavior. Says that Nogrod was too agressive with his accusation for Glirdan. Jokes about Dia. Somewhat trusts Eonwe and Menel.
#34 Boro says about a change in Mac's behavior. Mac has only one post so I won't say much about this...
#35 Rune votes Mac and agrees with Dia.
#36 Nogrod somewhat trusts Menel and Boro, both have made good ponts. The same seems to go for Rune, Folwren and Celuien. Wants to hear more from Mac, Dia and Lommy. Suspects Volo for being too nice. Can't say anything about THE Ka. Notices a change in Eonwes behavior. Glirdan and Durelin seem strange but themselves.
#37 Celuien votes Volo and leaves.
#38 Volo says what people have said and goes off somewhere (to koiralenkki).

I might not be able to vote, hope that I can. (Don't change the day until I wote, I might be just a bit late.)

Last edited by Volo; 09-29-2006 at 09:33 AM. Reason: Just added the names of the writers on some posts.
Volo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 08:45 AM   #42
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eonwe has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
(My opinion of Eonwe might not be very objective though since I'm so glad to see him return to a less-nonsensical playing style...
Don't make me change back to my Donkey Avatar, Lommy!

Just got on this morning, so I'll start back and read everything and try and vote...
Eonwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 08:51 AM   #43
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
White Tree

Well, I've looked over Folwren's posts so far, prompted by suspicions people had mentioned.

Folwren does seem unusually defensive in her early posts, and flip-flopped somewhat on the issue of discussing strategy. It's quite likely she's a wolf trying to cover her tracks.

My vote will probably be either for Folwren or Celuien toDay, and I'm inclined to suspect Folwren more. I'll be back around 11:30 to vote. Don't eat all my jelly doughnuts, please.
Old 09-29-2006, 08:58 AM   #44
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Ouch. My honor has been attacked! I guess it's not so terrible. It will hold up under any scrutiny, so long as I'm not lynched before I can be proven innocent.

Okay. So long with the theatrics, I'm serious. Look, Lommy - I said not to try to take any twisted meaning out of my words. Didn't I say that? It was an awkward business making the first post. I couldn't tell what people would think. It was an ice breaking post and I had absolutely nothing to say.

Over-defensive? Well, yes, maybe so. I've been accused of that many, many times before. But see here, being an innocent, I have no guilty conscience, therefore I don't feel guilty about arguing my way out of a tight spot (or an imaginary tight spot) because I don't have to lie about it. Also, being an innocent, I'm scared to death that someone, as you have done, will point their finger at me, take their attention off the real wolves, and kill a friend. That's why I'm attomatically defensive.

But! The vote has been cast and I am too late.

(By the way, in this game, often when people quote someone else it's because they're accusing them. I wanted to make very sure that Boromir (and everyone else) knew I wasn't accusing him.)

Alright. Having spoken in my defense at length, I will get on.

Quote:
I couldn't have put it better than Di. This is an extremely Day-One-ish Day One so far. The only thing missing would be someone claiming to hate Day-Ones. Would one of the wolves please act foolish so that we can spot him/her? No? A pity...
Well, yes, how else is Day-One supposed to act like? Day-Two? And what's the shame in saying that one hates Day-Ones? I do hate them. They're such a waste of blasted time. Lots of random votes floating around, nothing stable to base one's thoughts on. . .not even a real death. An innocent is more likely to be killed this first day than any of the following!

There, now that I've said that I hate Day-Ones, can someone please tell me why it was a wolvish and foolish thing to do?

Thoughts based on next to nothing:

Diamond begins here career saying that Sleepy had it coming:

Quote:
Unfortunate for Sleepy to die such a grusome death, but it had to happen sooner or later., the man made enemies right and left. I'm just surprise that it was Werewolves and not one of the many talentless yet angry hacks he's eviscerated over the years. Death's funny that way.
As though it were not a surprised he was killed! Excusing the wolves - they did someone else’s job, eh? Tell me, were you one of those people who might have wanted to get him back? Well, well, perhaps it was just an attempt to be witty.

Macalaure went on to say nothing new. Agreeing with Diamond and asking one of the wolves to say how much they disliked Day-Ones. Well, I've done that, and I'm not a wolf, and I don't know why that would prove anyone a wolf. I just don't get it.

Lommy goes firing off and trying to make a strange and twisted meaning out of my first post after I said not to. Really, that's not very kind. I had hoped, from reading your first post, that you would let me speak in my defense before you voted, but I was too late. I might have given you a polite bow, in fact I was intending to, but. . .no.

Still question marks on Durelin. I can't help asking - Why?

And Glirdan's vote. . .but that wasn't as random as Durelin's.

No comment on Volo or Celuien.

Boromir and Menel seem like honest and smart chaps. There's a ring of honesty in their posts, at least so far. But they're both really good players, so I'm inclined to be careful with both of them.

THE Ka? No comments. . .except I don't like her new Avatar. She talked some and seemed to have something to say, which is better than having nothing to say. At least later in the game we'll have something to read when we're worried about her.

Nogrod. . .don't know. Nothing suspicious, how's that?

Same with Rune and Eonwe. No, I'll take that back. I found that wamy guitary thing-a-ding of Eonwe's very strange. Strange and attention bringing. Maybe means she's not a wolf? (Are you a she? Or a he? I don't know and am apprehensive about making a mistake.)

There, I believe that is all. I'm sorry if I missed anyone. It was purely unintentional. Don't get offended if I forgot you.

There are. . .gosh, two hours left. Such little time! Is anyone even going to be here to read what I just spent and hour typing up? So many people have already voted and left! Well, tomorrow will come around and then maybe we'll be able to use this. . .

-- Folwren

(Cross posted with the last three people. Now to read those posts. . .I saw my name at the quick glance. . .hope nothing bad comes of it.)
Old 09-29-2006, 09:01 AM   #45
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Well, Menel, I'd have to say I think Folwren's arguments are pretty consistent. All she's doing is supporting both sides of an unanswerable arguemnt....if you see what I mean. As for her first post, I'm willing to take it at face value....

One other thing. I'm curious how Sleepy will work this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy
No retracable votes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin
++THE Ka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin
++Volo
[edit] Cross posted with Folwren. I am indeed, a he. Haven't we been over this before? (just kidding!)

[edit#2] erm...what just happened there. sry for the brain fart, Durelin...??? *confused*

Last edited by Eonwe; 09-29-2006 at 09:12 AM.
Old 09-29-2006, 09:02 AM   #46
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88
Mac is raising my attention now. He comes in posts that he agrees with Diamond and says this has been a very 'Day-one-ish Day one' so far. What did you expect it to be like? Just seems something's off from the Mac my ancestors were used to. Maybe it's just early, but Mac is usually one of those solid innocents that is willing to help. Now, I don't get that same feeling, just seems like he's commenting about how ordinary this Day 1 has been and we won't all agree on the same strategy, so discussing one will not benefit us.
Relax, Boro, that was only my first post. If you look up your lorebook, you will see that I rarely make sense in that one. The villages of my ancestors all had pretty spectacular Day-Ones, all ending with the death of a wolf or with the revelation of the seer, so maybe that's it. I am willing to help, but I don't know how to at the moment. The suspicions given so far don't convince me. Nogrod's case against Glirdan is not too aggressive to me, as Lommy said, but it's a little too condemning. Sometimes wolves use heavy words for little suspicion. That little bit is all I have right now...

edit: crossed with Folwren and Eonwe
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 09:10 AM   #47
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
White Tree

My vote will have to come a little earlier than I anticipated, as this day has been moved back and hour...but no harm done ). Here's what we have so far.

Menel seems fine. It's Day 1, there's no sense in concocting some sort of twisted wierd possibility of a werewolf plot on Day 1 when we have no other information.

Same goes for Nogrod. It's possible one of these two 'talkers' is a wolf, but I don't see a reason to think them wolves as of yet.

I was expecting more of Rune today, as he said he would, but didn't see it. I fully understand though, that unexpected things come up, we all get busy dealing with our fan-mail and what not...I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt today.

I like Ka's reasoning against Volo. It speaks towards her innocence. As far as it being Day 1, it's really one of the most sensible arguments against someone I have seen.

Thinlomien has pointed out some good things about Folwren. Stuff that I didn't realize before. So, like Ka, speaks towards her innocence, for today.

Eonwe brings up a good point about 'evidence.' What evidence is there, besides a Seer dream and our own opinions that often times can be narrow-minded.

Mathematically speaking, it's likely that one of the people listed above is a wolf. However, as far as today is concerned, there's no reason to waste my vote on the people I don't have a reason to think to suspect. But, I do reserve the right to change thpse opinions in the future.

Durelin, Celuien, Diamond and Volo I'm unsure about.

It's always hard to get a read off of Diamond, which makes her dangerous as a wolf. Right now I find people to be more suspicious so, I most likely won't vote for Diamond today.

I'm going to keep an eye on Volo. I'm wary of voting for him today, because from what I remember is he was a rather shady and suspicious player on Day 1 in past villages, but he turned out to be one of the greatest assets the village had.

For Durelin, I'm not going to waste my vote on someone because they randomly voted on Day 1 (ehem Glirdan) . I have no reason to feel that she's innocent like the people at the beginning of my spiel.

Same thing goes for Celuien. I'll be watching her in the days to come, but right now am more worried about other singers.

Which leaves, Glirdan, Mac, and Folwren.

Perhaps, I spoke a little too hasty about Folwren, before. I agree with what Thinlomien has pointed out (and I had missed previously), Folwren seems a little too protective.

Mac, for the reasons I mentioned in my last post. Also, the behavior of 'discussing strategy is good, but it doesn't help us because no one will ever agree.' That just seems terribly awkward to me, saying it's good to do, but we won't agree, so it won't lead us anywhere.

I don't have good records on Glirdan's ancestors, as my family has had very little experience with him. Maybe he's just being Glirdan, but I'm unaware of that information. And still find his contradiction over 'random voting' to be suspicious.

One of these three will most likely get my vote which will be coming soon.

Edit: X-posted with a few people.
Old 09-29-2006, 09:11 AM   #48
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Oh, Menel, don't! For heaven's sake, don't vote for me! I'm not guilty!

And I wasn't wishy-washy on my opinions about coming up with some sort of strategy, was I? I certainly didn't mean to by - on my honor! I said from the beginning that it is impossible to make a plan behind the wolve's back because everything we say and do is in the open. I said that we should try to come to some understanding. . .a certain amount of conformity with some plan or net. I didn't make any suggestions, true, for the mere fact that I don't have any ideas.

I didn't mean to change my views on it. Really, trully, and honestly, I didn't. I think I did make one post without reading the posts before it. Ah, here - I have not read the posts between Post #15 and #23. Did my post (#23) make me sound wishy-washy? I'll go back and see and post again . . . if I think I need to defend myself.

-- Folwren
Old 09-29-2006, 09:14 AM   #49
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Um, sorry bout that. I was writing down the votes, and it seems I've made at bit of a mistake. *embarrassed*

Here they are for real:

Durelin --> THE Ka
Glirdan --> Durelin
THE Ka --> Volo
Lommy --> Folwren
Rune --> Mac
Celuien --> Volo
Old 09-29-2006, 09:18 AM   #50
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

[edit] Cross posted with Folwren. I am indeed, a he. Haven't we been over this before? (just kidding!)

Lol, yes, I think we have been over itb efore. I'm so sorry.

-- Foley
Old 09-29-2006, 09:19 AM   #51
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Well I'm back. I'm not sure what to say. There's nothing much concrete to work off of. I of course expected something big and dramatic to transpire. Ha ha, note sarcasm.

I guess the people who are standing out the most at this point are Nogrod, Folwren, and Mac. Nogrod always stands out and appears overly aggressive, so not sure if there's anything to make of it. Folwren seems highly defensive, but as I am not at all used to her style I suppose I must take her at face value when she says it's par for the course. At least, so long as no one who does know her better should contradict this. Mac's a little more interesting, he whole heartedly agreed with me about the uneventfulness of Day 1, and I had thought previously that he was opposed to poo-pooing Day 1's. Still, I hesitate to run screaming at him with sharp implements, because I can't be sure this is really OOC for him or just reflects the particular slowness of this day. I don't know. If I had to vote right now I'd probably vote for Mac, just because he's one person I would not have predicted would agree with me strongly, yet he did just that. I don't like it, though, as this is little more than a gut feeling vote.

Well, there's 40 minutes yet and maybe a re-reading will smack me in the face with something stupendous.

Edit: x-posted with Folwren, Eonwe, Folwren, and Boro.
Old 09-29-2006, 09:29 AM   #52
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren
Macalaure went on to say nothing new. Agreeing with Diamond and asking one of the wolves to say how much they disliked Day-Ones. Well, I've done that, and I'm not a wolf, and I don't know why that would prove anyone a wolf. I just don't get it.
I didn't say that. I said I missed anybody saying they hate Day-Ones. There's nothing wrong with that, of course, I was just missing it.
So, thank you, Folwren. Now I'm happy.

hmmm, I just re-read my first post. I fear it's quite easy to misunderstand. My bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
Mac, for the reasons I mentioned in my last post. Also, the behavior of 'discussing strategy is good, but it doesn't help us because no one will ever agree.' That just seems terribly awkward to me, saying it's good to do, but we won't agree, so it won't lead us anywhere.
Heck, today seems to be 'Let's all misunderstand Mac'-Day.
I said it's nice, not good. It's better than not talking at all. Maybe I'm wrong in this, but I have never seen any strategy put into practice, because there are always some who disagree with it and some who don't care (umm..). As soon as Day 2 dawns all Day-One tactics and strategies are usually forgotten, because we finally have things to go for.
As I said, my lore is little, maybe I'm wrong.
Old 09-29-2006, 09:31 AM   #53
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Well, I dunno. I'm suffering from a bad case of first-day blahs. Either that, or I'm too dang open-minded about people's posting. I really need to work on being more judgmental if I'm ever to succeed at WereWolf.

I guess I'm thinking about four options.

1) Vote at random. (I've done this before, and it hasn't been very appreciated...)
2) Not vote. (see above, lol)
3) Vote to help Folwren. (really amounts to a random vote, just a bit more ... not random)
4) Vote randomly in the list of already voted for.

So I guess I'm down to a random vote, eh? ...meh...

Well hows this, I'll randomly choose from the numbers, and then follow that plan?

By the way Diamond, we have till 1 pm today. Remember Sleepy said it will end at 1 pm today.
Old 09-29-2006, 09:33 AM   #54
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
I have to go with my gut. And it's time for me to go...so

++Mac
Old 09-29-2006, 09:38 AM   #55
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIR Eonwe
By the way Diamond, we have till 1 pm today. Remember Sleepy said it will end at 1 pm today.
Aye, aye, that's right. So, there's still approximately 1 hour and 20 minutes remaining.

Boromir, thanks.

-- Folwren
Old 09-29-2006, 09:41 AM   #56
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Fine I'm gonna vote for the 9th person on Sleepy's list.

Sorry Nogrod...

++Nogrod

Now, I've got to go do some integration by parts....

Edit: Sir Eonwe...I like that... jk
Old 09-29-2006, 09:41 AM   #57
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
White Tree

I'm sorry, Folwren. It just seems that the way you've been rather frantically trying to defend yourself is making you look suspicious. Actually, it was your statement that we shouldn't read any twisted meaning into your words that was suspicious. It was a typical Day One post; why would we need to be warned?

Once again, I am truly sorry if you're innocent, but I must speak my mind.

++Folwren

Meneltarmacil has left the building.
Old 09-29-2006, 09:47 AM   #58
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Well, uh-uh... lots of things happening around here.

First of all I shall honour the ways of my forefathers and supply the situation.

The Ka 1 (Durelin I)
Durelin 1 (Glirdan II)
Volo 2 (Ka III, Celuien VI)
Folwren 2 (Lommy IV, Menel IX)
Macalaure 2 (Rune V, Boro VII)
Nogrod 1 (Eonwe VIII)

Five votes left, if I'm correct.

I'll go reading the stuff again...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 09:54 AM   #59
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eonwe
Ah. Thanks... I didn't notice that actually. Probably because it wasn't all in caps and flashing at me.

I'm not sure if I'll last the extra hour, however, as I'm extremely tired and should be heading to bed. We'll see. I've read over the thread again and found myself flip-flopping with every post... I believe I managed to condemn and excuse just about everyone and wound up with no solid suspects. I'm really tempted to vote for Rune because he's said the least. But seeing as he was called away by RL these seems like a cheap shot. I don't know. I'm tired. I'll think some more.
Old 09-29-2006, 10:06 AM   #60
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
The top three of the votes aligns with my suspicions, so I'll try to look at those people first.

Volo I'm a bit aware of, as his "defence" of himself seemed like trying to be useful without actually doing anything (making the scanty summary of the posts so far) and that has been considered quite wolvish, with a reason I daresay. But then again, he acted pretty "shady and suspicious" as Boro named it, already in his first game before this.

Mac surely looked suspicious in his first post but has come more like himself after it. Although I'm still not wholly convinced with his defences either. But with the same breath I must say that lynching an innocent Mac would be a bad thing indeed...

Folwren looks pretty suspicious. I would just like to add to the previous comments the following. Folwren seems to be one of those most lovable and nice Downers there ever is and so it might be quite a burden for her to play the Baddie... kind of leading to being overtly careful and almost apologetic?

PS. I think I have a different understanding of what counts as aggressive behaviour with Lommy and Di.
Old 09-29-2006, 10:12 AM   #61
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

I'm at a complete loss about whom to vote for.

The ones I feel innocent right now are Menel, Thinlómien and Folwren. Folwren has attracted some suspicions, but I don't understand them. No wolf would be so extremely insecure on the first post of the first day to say what she said. Defensiveness alone is no reason for suspicion to me.

I have no idea about: Boromir, Glirdan (he's like he always is, to me), Celuien, Durelin (she's been weird, but we'll see tomorrow), Rune, Ka, Nogrod, Eonwe and Diamond.
That's a horribly long list...

The only one about which I am suspicious to a ridiculously small degree is Volo, because his summary doesn't sit well with me.

Last edited by Macalaure; 09-29-2006 at 10:14 AM. Reason: a demon inside me made me use that horrible grammar
Old 09-29-2006, 10:13 AM   #62
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Okay. I'm not going to make it. Seeing as no one's posted to make things lively in the last ten minutes, I'm falling asleep at the keyboard. I am most suspicious of Mac but really hesitant to vote for him, since I feel more like keeping an eye out than kicking him out of the game. Mainly, I wouldn't find what he said at all suspicious if I didn't remember him exhibiting more enthusiasm over day 1's before, or at least my swiss cheese memory gives me that impression. Folwren, the more I read her posts, seems more ballistic in her defense. Yet I'm equally hesitant to off her.

++Rune

He was quiet and, I feel, fairly hard to get a read on even before he left early, so of all the posters I feel the least "bad" about sending him out of the game. But then, he's not likely to get enough votes to leave, so, there's really nothing to feel bad about. Ha. Yeah, I'm leaving it to the others to break the Volo/Folwren/Mac tie. I'm evil that way. Also had to just think really hard to remember the names, so I really should go. Now.

edit: Xposted with Mac and Nogrod. I don't understand your PS, Noggie.
Old 09-29-2006, 10:16 AM   #63
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond
Mainly, I wouldn't find what he said at all suspicious if I didn't remember him exhibiting more enthusiasm over day 1's before, or at least my swiss cheese memory gives me that impression.
As I said, all my previous Day 1s were pretty eventful. I had no reason to complain.
Old 09-29-2006, 10:29 AM   #64
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I've been rethinking Folwren for a while now. This is just drawing me crazy! I'm just quite out of any reasonable ideas here. Somehow her posts cry out wolvishness and then again no. I mean Mac had a point in saying that no wolf would show forwards such an extreme insecurity. What I mean: being a wolf and feeling insecure with the first post of the game, the most reasonable idea is not to make that first post in the first place! This somehow speaks in Folwren's favor...
Old 09-29-2006, 10:37 AM   #65
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Nogrod, please, please, just this round, give me the benefit of the doubt. I am not guilty. We're drawing so near to the end that one more vote for me may be the end!

Quote:
Folwren looks pretty suspicious. I would just like to add to the previous comments the following. Folwren seems to be one of those most lovable and nice Downers there ever is and so it might be quite a burden for her to play the Baddie... kind of leading to being overtly careful and almost apologetic?
Thanks for the compliment, but it does little good here. I wanted to actually say - I haven't really been apologizing at all. I'm an innocent, and I'm not sorry. And if I were a wolf, I wouldn't be sorry then, either, except for having to be dis-honest. I've been defending myself to the best of my ability. You'll find I'm always like this if only once seriously accused. If the accusation can hold no water, I don't usually say much, but when Lommy questioned me. . .it was dangerous and I replied accordingly.

It will be a huge waste to kill me this first round.

-- Folwren
Old 09-29-2006, 10:44 AM   #66
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Gah!

Four votes left (although Volo was not sure whether he would be back in time). It's basically anyone...

Maybe we should reconsider the "middle-men" as I suggested earlier, namely Rune and Celuien (I'm out with voting for Folwren now). They have trailed the discussion of Menel and Boro nicely. A good shady place for a wolf to pass behind the notice of everyone else?

Or then Volo? 15 minutes...
Old 09-29-2006, 10:49 AM   #67
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Volo's last post about himself:
Quote:
#38 Volo says what people have said and goes off somewhere (to koiralenkki).
THat last one there, the "koiralenkki" means a walk with the dog (or jogging with the dog). Curious it would take him more than two and half hours as not to make it to the end?

I might vote Volo on this... Avoiding the discussion?
Old 09-29-2006, 10:51 AM   #68
Volo

Just getting a post ready.
Old 09-29-2006, 10:52 AM   #69
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

I wouldn't like to see a double(triple??)-lynching today. Therefore I wouldn't like to vote for somebody who has no vote yet.

Out of the ones who have one vote, I don't like to vote Nogrod since I find him increasingly innocent. I don't like to vote Rune (even though he voted me) because I want to hear more of him. The same holds for Ka and Durelin.

Out of the ones who have two votes, I don't like to vote for me and I don't like to vote for Folwren. This leaves me again with Volo, whom I could vote for though with a bad conscience and a bad feeling.

edit: crossed with Nogrod and Volo. Volo, hurry!
Old 09-29-2006, 10:55 AM   #70
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Okay, I'll do it.

If you are an innocent extreme-sports man, I apologise, but 2½ hours with the dog outside when the heat is on in the WW-game just doesn't sound right. It sounds like avoiding the chance of making mistakes and that's something a wolf might wish to do...

++ Volo

EDIT (too late...): Didn't notice Volo being back!!!
Old 09-29-2006, 10:57 AM   #71
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

You could've waited that few more minutes, Nogrod...

edit: didn't notice Nogrod editing
Old 09-29-2006, 10:59 AM   #72
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Yes I could, but I know from experience that the very last minute tumult is normally going to end up in tears...
Old 09-29-2006, 10:59 AM   #73
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

OK, I'm sorry. The deadline's here and I will vote now.

++Volo

If you really are a wolf then this is going to be pure luck...

edit: ... but also fun!
editedit: I mean last minute tumult, not voting Volo.

Last edited by Macalaure; 09-29-2006 at 11:03 AM.
Old 09-29-2006, 11:00 AM   #74
Volo

"Hard not to be friendly when I have always imagined myself as a friendly guy... But ok, I'll tell you what I think:

Menelteramacil
: I find him an innocent, he has told his mind, even if the first post was rather strange to me, but maybe I understood it wrong. He hasn't made any great inventions (or I'm too blind to see them) but I agree with him about Celuien and Folwren. I feel safe about him.

Glirdan: Not much reason in his vote, but I too find Durelin's actions strange. I won't be voting him now.

Macalaure: I don't see the point you are making against him. Ok, he did agree really openly, but still... I find him rather innocent.

Diamond18: I don't see much great sence in her talk, (just like I don't in my own) but she hasn't been overlyanything. Maybe she just has a slow start (like I want to think of myself).

THE Ka: Here is one more person that hasn't contributed much. I find her vote rather strange (well sure, she's voting for me...), yes I was in a mood when I wanted to say something not saying anything bright. I don't find her too wolfish either.

Thinlomien: She has been active and found a weakness in Folwren that now I see quite clearly. I think of her as innocent.

Celuien: Now here is a strange one. She hasn't said anything good today, or then I'm too blind to see. She might be a wolf but today we can't vote her out really can we?

Eonwe
: I'm finding her random accusations strange. She has said many things, but I see reason in only few of then. Again, I think I might have voted her if there had been more chance of lynching her.

Nogrod: I think he is innocent or he really changed his strategy from the last game.

Durelin: Strange vote, nothing more really. I can't see as innocent or wolf now.

Boromir88: Just like some of you have said he has been talking sence.

Folwren: Now here is the strange one, hasn't really said much except for own defence. I'll vote her...

Rune: RL problems, hasn't said much, but doesn't seem wolfish...

Well, here's this, ++Folwren. I'll just trust Lommy's reasoning. She is overly defensive. I hope I'll have more time to think tomorrow. Little time today because of certain things.
Old 09-29-2006, 11:02 AM   #75
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Sorry, no time. Pop sent a fax RIGHT at voting time.

++Volo

To save my own skin.
Old 09-29-2006, 11:02 AM   #76
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sleepy Ranger has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Pipe Night falls...

Alright everyone, stop posting. Death shall be up shortly. ie; After I finish dinner.
Old 09-29-2006, 12:47 PM   #77
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Pipe We Damn The Night

The musicians gathered around and formed a circle around Volo, the one they had chosen for death this day. As this was a musical fest he was permitted to play a final song. The musician grinned and lifted his guitar beginning to strum, a phantom band began to back him up. His grin widened as he began to play 'We Damn The Night'.

Blood on my pillow
Blood on my skin
Am I going mad
Or was this a dream?
There in the depth
The hollow souls wait
Voices surround me
Tempting my fate
Then out of nowhere
Figures in dark
Guarding my soul in the fight

We are strong we're alive
We have faith in his might
We believe in the everlasting plight
Anytime, anywhere we will always be there
We will fight for what's ours and what's right
We damn the night

Volo's grin had turned to a wicked and twisted smirk now. An evil look embraced his face, an evil aura touched his skin. He began to transform into a hideous and large creature. He snarled at the rest and continued the song, the phantom band playing to perfection.

Out in the blackness
Shivering cold
Doubt takes on shape
Fear the unknown
Eyes of the fallen
Piercing their glance
Whispers of doom
Left without chance
Then out of nowhere
Figures in dark
Shield my soul in the fight

We are strong we're alive
We have faith in his might
We believe in the everlasting plight
Anytime, anywhere we will always be there
We will fight for what's ours and what's right
We damn the night

We damn the night...

He dropped his guitar as the song ended and dropped to all fours. He arched his back and prepared to spring at the unprepared stars but instead he jumped over them. "He's getting away! After him!" Shouted out Celuien who was the first to comprehend the situation. The thirteen ran after him, all the while trying to think of a way to be rid of the beast but alas, he was too fast for them. It seemed he would get away. That would be terrible. Just terrible.

The beast reached the edge of the valley and turned around. The rest, still a considerable distance away, halted. Volo raised himself, standing on just two legs. He was easily two feet taller than the tallest amongst them. They cowered back as the wolf let out a blood curling howl, which faintly resembled an evil laugh. "Happy Helloween!" He snarled out and sprang away, jumping out of the valley.

He thought he would get away, the musicians thought he would get away but no! He froze in mid air. The magic barrier set up by the trio seemed to work on them too. His expression changed to one of twisted agon as he transformed back to his human self. Blood began to blot just under his skin as he stayed there frozen in mid air as the rest watched on horrified.

Everyone watching knew Volo would not survive this but nobody had expected what happened to have. He popped. Simple as that. He did not explode, he did not drop dead he simply popped. Blood, body parts and organs splattered everywhere but nobody was sure how it happened. He just seemed to take in a deep breath and *pop*, he was all over them in bits and pieces. The musicians, covered in blood (and an unlucky few had an arm or foot on them) smiled at each other. Luck had favored them.

It is now night. Surviving two wolves may converse and PM me their chosen victim. Seer I need a name. Hunter and Ranger may converse and PM me their respective choices.

Night 1

Dead
Sleepy Cowell (Mod) - Beheaded and mounted on a wall.
Volo (Wolf) [Kai Hansen] - Popped by the magical barrier he helped set up.

Alive
Menelteramacil
Glirdan
Macalaure
Diamond18
THE Ka
Thinlomien
Celuien
Eonwe
Nogrod
Durelin
Boromir88
Folwren
Rune

As the survivors retreated to the Snowy Wolf Tavern a figure hidden in the shadows watched them. They had done well but in the end there could be just one winner. 'Greatest' was not something that could be shared. "Good night. Sleep well. Tomorrow will be another day and for better or worse, one of you may not be there to see it." The figure waited till they were all inside and then made his way to his hiding place under the shell.
Sleepy Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 10:11 AM   #78
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

Fourteen arrived, thirteen went to sleep, twelve woke up. The musicians arrived in the lobby and saw a coffin awaiting them on the receptionist's desk. It was Celuien who finally summoned enough courage to open the coffin. The musicians crowded around and let out a horrified gasp when they saw what was inside. In the coffin lay Meneltarmacil.

He had his 'blue seude shoes' stuffed into his mouth and had what appeared to be the bumper of a truck wound around his neck. The survivors could only assume he had been strangled. That was not all though, Meneltarmacil appeared to be missing a lot of himself. His stomach had been neatly carved out and a bunch of body organs lined the coffin. "We have seen enough." Celuien said firmly and shut the lid. The musicians looked grimly at each other as they made their way to the shell. It appeared Meneltarmacil had left the building.

Dead
Sleepy Cowell (Mod) - Beheaded and mounted on a wall.
Volo (Wolf) [Kai Hansen] - Popped by the magical barrier he helped set up.
Meneltarmacil (Innocent) [Elvis Presley] - Suffocated and disected.

Alive
Glirdan
Macalaure
Diamond18
THE Ka
Thinlomien
Celuien
Eonwe
Nogrod
Durelin
Boromir88
Folwren
Rune

Last edited by Sleepy Ranger; 09-30-2006 at 11:06 AM.
Sleepy Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 10:38 AM   #79
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
I take that this means we can start then. . .

I would like to appologise for having to leave, but I could not miss out on a job inteview. I have a few thoughts that I will like to share and I will make sure to post some of them before I leave.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 10:48 AM   #80
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Well, I must say that this isn't much of a shock. But I'm not thrilled about this either. It was a smart choice for the Wolves as Menel could be dangerous to them alive.

But I must adress something that's been bugging me.

Quote:
Sorry, no time. Pop sent a fax RIGHT at voting time.

++Volo

To save my own skin. (Folwren)
Here are yesterDay's votes:

1)Durelin - The Ka (Ka 1)
2)Glirdan - Durelin (Ka 1, Durelin 1)
3)The Ka - Volo (Ka 1, Durelin 1, Volo 1)
4)Lommy - Folwren (Ka 1, Durelin 1, Volo 1, Folwren 1)
5)Rune - Mac (Ka 1, Durelin 1, Volo 1, Folwren 1, Mac 1)
6)Celuien - Volo (Ka 1, Durelin 1, Volo 2, Folwren 1, Mac 1)
7)Boro - Mac (Ka 1, Durelin 1, Volo 2, Folwren 1, Mac 2)
8)Eonwe - Nogrod (Ka 1, Durelin 1, Volo 2, Folwren 1, Mac 2, Nogrod 1)
9)Menel - Folwren (Ka 1, Durelin 1, Volo 2, Folwren 2, Mac 2, Nogrod 1)
10)Di - Rune (Ka 1, Durelin 1, Volo 2, Folwren 2, Mac 2, Nogrod 1, Rune 1)
11)Nogrod - Volo (Ka 1, Durelin 1, Volo 3, Folwren 2, Mac 2, Nogrod 1, Rune 1)
12)Mac - Volo (Ka 1, Durelin 1, Volo 4, Folwren 2, Mac 2, Nogrod 1, Rune 1)
13)Volo - Folwren (Ka 1, Durelin 1, Volo 4, Folwren 3, Mac 2, Nogrod 1, Rune 1)
14)Folwren - Volo (Ka 1, Durelin 1, Volo 5, Folwren 3, Mac 2, Nogrod 1, Rune 1)

At the time of her vote, Volo's death was already sealed. The only person who had to vote was her. It was a throwaway vote. Too safe in my opinion. She had anybody to vote for.

It's true that Volo turned out to be a Wolf. He voted Folwren in an attempt to save himself. How do we know that Folwren didn't vote him to make her look more innocent? She is deffinetly at the top of my suspect list.

I'm going to go back over all the posts and see if there's anything else that cathces my eye.
Glirdan is offline   Reply With Quote