The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-16-2003, 10:22 AM   #81
Aratlithiel
Wight

Aratlithiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

How about when Sam tells Frodo to use the Ring to escape from Faramir? They're sitting in an alcove against some barrels, Sam is on Frodo's right. When Faramir comes in, all of a sudden they're in a different room, sitting on their bedrolls (which weren't there a couple seconds ago), no barrels in sight and Sam is on Frodo's left. I don't know about you guys, but I'm hoping for an ext. version DVD scene right about there.
Aratlithiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003, 10:28 AM   #82
Aratlithiel
Wight

Sting

I just have to say this - although technically it's not a blooper but what seems to me an inconsistency...<P>Why would Faramir, after witnessing Frodo attempting to give the One Ring to a Ringwraith (or at least put it on and give himself up), tell him that he finally understands and let him go? Wouldn't a reasonable person, after seeing such a thing, conclude that they were doing the right thing in taking the Ring away from someone who appears to be so unreliable?<P>Anyone? Anyone? Beuller?<P>Then again I'm a LotR reader and am fairly unhappy with alot of the changes so maybe I'm just biased.
Old 01-16-2003, 02:38 PM   #83
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Pipe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Why would Faramir, after witnessing Frodo attempting to give the One Ring to a Ringwraith (or at least put it on and give himself up), tell him that he finally understands and let him go? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I agree. It does seem a very strange way of bringing about Faramir's "understanding" of Frodo. Perhaps its supposed to show his realisation of the power of the Ring and its destructive effect on the Ringbearer. But it's hardly likely to inspire him with confidence in Frodo, is it?<P>Do Jackson & co explain their thinking behind this in any interviews?
Old 01-17-2003, 09:08 AM   #84
Balin999
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Balin999 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Balin999
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Did I imagine it or was Gandalf wearing tennis shoes in Edoras?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I know what you mean. I thought that he was wearing them when I saw the movie for the first time, the second time I noticed that he is just wearing light and white shoes. at least in the second scene where you see his feet

...The opposite of courage in our society is not cowardice, but conformity...

...Everything is possible, except to ski through a revolving door...
Balin999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2003, 12:44 PM   #85
Calavanya
Pile O'Bones

Calavanya has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Why, I thought the elves wore only light shoes, made of something that looks like silk or thin leather. Maybe it doesn't matter... What annoys me is that the warriors in the battle are pretty cheerful. Concerning that the atmosphere in the book and the mood of the characters wasn't anything like it... They were all frightened, if not hopeless. Do I sound stupid?
Old 01-21-2003, 12:28 AM   #86
Blue Elf
Wight

Blue Elf has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

This isn't exactly a "movie mistake" but I think if you guys haven't seen it already, you''l get some laughs out of this site. What it is is a site which has the *very bad* subtitles from a bootleg copy of FotR, and I don't mean grammarical mistakes, I mean that orcs are now ox, and Legolas is now the heir of Condo (Gondor). Well, my description degrades it, but really, it is really funny!!!<BR><A HREF="http://users3.ev1.net/~eekfrenzy/captionspage/badfotrcaptionsx.html" TARGET=_blank>Bad FotR Captions</A>
Old 01-21-2003, 12:29 AM   #87
Blue Elf
Wight

Sting

P.S. If someone already put this link in, then I am sorry for wasting everyone's time, if not, than I hope you enjoyed the lin *above*.
Old 01-21-2003, 01:40 AM   #88
Nibinlondwen
Pile O'Bones

Nibinlondwen has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

its not a real bloop, but if you look at the horses when gandalf and eomer comes down over the hill to helms deep, you will see that the horses are running on plain ground, not downwards. it looks realy stupid.
Old 01-21-2003, 07:41 AM   #89
Aratlithiel
Wight

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> you''l get some laughs out of this site <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>LOL - Boy, I'll say. All this time I thought Frodo was a Ring-bearer...turns out he's a Wing-baron. Go figure.<P>Thanks for the link. Lotsa chuckles.
Old 01-21-2003, 12:46 PM   #90
Blue Elf
Wight

Sting

You're welcome for the link. My siblings thought I had gone insane, when they came into my room and I was laughing too hard to speak. Then again, they never saw the movie...<P>AAAH!! The ox are attacking!! Hear the horn of Condo!!<P>Oh, something that really nagged me in the movie, it isn't a real blooper but as far as I know, smoke isn't white, and the pile of orc carcasses had white misty stuff coming off that was supposed to be smoke.<P>And the scene with the ents tearing up Isengard (die Isengard!!) when one of the ents caught on fire, the fire, though it was computer done, was still really bad and fake looking. If they can make Gollum, why not fire?<P>Um....yeah...that's all for now...
Old 02-17-2003, 07:58 PM   #91
Lady Iverin
Haunting Spirit

Lady Iverin has just left Hobbiton.
White-Hand

Blue Elf, those captions were soooooo funny! I know everybody else is saying it but thank you so much. Btw, I didn't really notice any bloopers even though I've seen it three times. I'll have to watch the extended version closely....
Lady Iverin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 08:09 PM   #92
Eressië Ailin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eressië Ailin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Eressië Ailin
Question

For the people who don't know about horses: they only have pink and/or back skin under the hair. Shadowfax was supposed to be an all white horse. The nose was clearly black!!! Though I don't really blame PJ, entirely white horses are very rare.
Eressië Ailin is offline   Reply With Quote