The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-25-2009, 08:54 PM   #481
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
phantom, sally - quit it, or we'll end up with another fight on our hands like yesterDay.
You don't like fights? Meh- okay, I'll quit. For now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
Mnemo you said the Cobbler is dangerous at the end - sure, but we won't get to the end with three wolves and a bear alive!
Exactly, and at this point I am specifically thinking about who is BQish, because the threat of double kills really needs to end.

And since you voted Hansy, I will go back and take another look at him and tell you what I think.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:03 PM   #482
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

I don't know what to think about Hansy exactly. On my notes from Day 1 I have written "Opinions on people please!" next to him, and he has at least done better since then (not surprising, as Day 1 is tougher to form guilt opinions on). But then he has also cut his posting drastically.

If I'm counting right, he made thirteen posts on Day 1. And then yesterday- 2. Today so far- 2.

What happened? Frankly, I liked him on Day 1. I liked his outside the box thinking and such. So he comes in and contributes, and then he fades away...

Unfortunately, we have no history with him, and so cannot hope to guess accurately what that means.

Meh. I feel like I typed several lines just to say "I dunno".
Old 02-25-2009, 09:06 PM   #483
Hansy
Animated Skeleton

Hansy has just left Hobbiton.
I'm here, writing a post.
Hansy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 09:11 PM   #484
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Brin..

Day One
#28 Banter
#29 Thinks catching a baddie early on is of high importance
#30 Going to sleep
#143 Thinks it better to not discuss the Gifteds, so the baddies would have to figure it out on their own. We should be wary of any reveals.
#184 Gives a list of her thoughts on all of the players. Doesn't like Durelin's vote for Sally. Wouldn't mind seeing Fea lynched. Wants to keep an eye on Rikae, as well as Mnemosyne.
#187 Will probably vote for Fea, Eonwe or Gwath.
#202 A bit more wary about lynching Fea because of the last game, and the whole 'save Fea' going ons.
#208 Commentary and banter about previous game in relation to this game.
#213 Making a correction in a previous Vote tally.
#217 Votes for Gwath

Day Two
#243 Dislikes the two kills per night games. Thinks both Nerwen and Eomer were probably safe kills. With Eomer's death, she doesn't think Sally is the Werebear.
#313 Says she did not do a 180 according to Durelin.
Wants to reexamine everyone. Nog bothers her the most, then goes to list four reasons why.
#319 Makes a list and provides thoughts on everyone. Nog is her primary suspect.
#324 Vote tally
#331 Votes Nog
#333 Commentary on voting thus far

Day Three
#383 Discusses game mechanics. Points out to Sally that phantom has voted the same as her.
#387 Discusses specifics of ties.

All in all. Brin seems pretty consistent. The only things I think are questionable - are her matching votes with phantom, As well as the seeming leap from being comfortable with Nog; to him being her top suspect. I can only guess that the leap was due to her not being able to post, but was able to keep up on the goings on.
She seems quite sensible and innocent to me.

X'd with everything since Mnemosyne's #477
Old 02-25-2009, 09:27 PM   #485
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Going to bed early...

I said several hours back,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea
We should lynch one of the following:

Izzy, Brinniel, Sally, Rikae, Mnemo
Since then, I've decided that Mnemo ought to stay (there was something that she said to the phantom that made me want to keep her around to watch for another day, to see what I learn from it) and I also don't want to kill Rikae, because she's done nothing to set off my radar that I can think of, and believe me, I'm thinking of a good many things.

I don't want to jump on the Sally-wagon, because I want to find out what she's up to. While I agree with the phantom's irritated summary of what Sally's doing, I think of it more along the lines of "But that's what she wants you to think."

I'm voting

++Izzy

because when did we stop thinking there was something funny about her? Oh yeah, when there was a weird bandwagon against White Royalty to save her.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:31 PM   #486
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy
The only things I think are questionable - are her matching votes with phantom...
Well, dearie, I believe that you have voted exactly the same, so really...
Old 02-25-2009, 09:38 PM   #487
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

When did you think there was something funny about me in the first place Fea?

True indeed, phantom.

Edit. Fixed a typing error.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:51 PM   #488
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
As I said before I find Brinn's vote suspicious as well, and I find it interesting the way she reacts to the voting.
Why do you find my voting suspicious? As far as I'm concerned I've been pretty consistent. After sharing my opinions, neither votes should've come as a surprise. And what do you mean that my reactions to the voting is interesting? I can't even recall that I've given much of a reaction...or is that why you find it interesting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom
My comment wasn't entirely directed at you. It was a bit, and also partly a nudge in Dur's direction (with her fake Bishop reveal), and it was definitely to let the Bishop know that I know who xe is and that I will act in such a way that I believe will encourage xyr survival, and thus if xe wonders what the heck I'm doing xe can at least approach my moves from the viewpoint that I know what I'm doing.
I really want to say I don't believe you and this is just another ploy meant to confuse us, which it could be. But then I remember back to when you figured Boro out so quickly, so maybe you do have it figured out once again. Or you could just be another baddie who is full of it. I haven't decided which one just yet. In conclusion, phantom remains an enigma to me.

Some more thoughts:

Hansy seems to be pretty much what he is: a newbie. A newbie with some outside experience, but nevertheless a newbie. Of course, a newbie could be anything. Though in this case I think he's more likely just an ordinary one.

Coming into the Day, I felt rather uneasy about Rikae. I'm not sure what it is, but re-reading her posts her tone just seemed off. But then I read her posts toDay and she seems much more genuine. So I'm rather split on what she could be.

And Sally...oh Sally...
She's acting funny, there's no denying that...and I can't really find much reason why she'd want to bring so much attention to herself. However, I still have the feeling that she is innocent, as insane as she is. After all, why on earth would one of the werewolves or BQ draw attention to themselves like that? And while she does seem a bit cobblerish, I also doubt that as well. Simply because the baddies have been doing quite well as it is, so there's really no reason for a Black Pawn to suddenly go suicidal. But still, what's with the odd behaviour...maybe she ate something funny. Others have mentioned she's an easy lynch, and I agree. Which is why I don't intend to vote for her toDay. Though, I still can't figure out why Sally finds me so evil. If she keeps hunting me like this, it's gonna get her nowhere.

I don't think I'm gonna be able to do any in depth analyses toDay. I've gotten way too little sleep lately and am already feeling a bit woozy. I have other stuff to do besides ww (amazing, right?), and I can no longer put it off past 1am so that I can be heavily involved for the rest of the Day. I'll do my best to share my opinions, but unfortunately I lack the energy to be my usual thoughtful self.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:56 PM   #489
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

The votes-

Dury +++tp
Willa +++Sally
Steve ++Sally (2)
Kath +++Hansy
Fea ++++Izzy

I can't say who I'll vote for yet. I need to see who Izzy and Brin vote for first so we can all vote the same way again.

I could vote for Sally because she annoyed me earlier, but then if she's the Cobbler I would hate to give her the satisfaction of being lynched.

I could vote for Izzy just to see if it sheds any light on yesterday's events. Problem is, it probably won't and then we'll be nowhere.

I could vote for Hansy because I'm uncomfortable with those that I can't get a read on, but since I have no read can I justify such a vote?

I'll just wait for Izzy and Brin and we'll dogpile onto someone random at the last minute. That sounds like a good plan. Or a stupid plan. But sometimes the best plans are stupid. (e.g. Let's take the Ring and walk into Mordor with it!)

EDIT: xpost Brin
Old 02-25-2009, 10:02 PM   #490
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brin
I really want to say I don't believe you and this is just another ploy meant to confuse us, which it could be.
When I do a ploy, confusing everyone is never the primary intention. It is an unfortunate side effect that always gets me into trouble.
Quote:
But then I remember back to when you figured Boro out so quickly, so maybe you do have it figured out once again.
I'm glad you think that it's at least possible.
Quote:
Or you could just be another baddie who is full of it.
If I was a baddie, Bishy would be dead m'dear.

Sorry. That last comment was a little big-headed. Even for me.

It's true though.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:02 PM   #491
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Ah, good. My top suspect has a vote, so I may as well get the formalities out of the way.

++Hansy

Back in a bit, but want to catch up on some other internet stuff.

(And if anyone cares, youth group was AMAZING tonight. That is all.)
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 10:09 PM   #492
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Durelin..

Day One
#17 Banter
#24 Banter
#102 Votes Sally, reason is random; a gut-reaction. Says there are a few who she would like to get rid of already.

Day Two
#270 Laments the death of Gwath Thinks Brin did a 180 from Fea to Gwath. Wouldn't mind seeing Fea gone.
#273 Says people should vote for who they think are guilty. Admits her vote for Sally was not the case.

Day Three
#395 Posts her list of thoughts on everyone from yesterDay that she wasn't able to post. Votes phantom. Feels more certain about him at the moment, though wouldn't mind seeing Sally go either.
#396 Says Sally is acting weird. Has no idea on Brin. Will mostly focus on phantom.
#398 Forgot about the Cobbler.
#399 Says Sally the BR was attacked by the BQ, but protected by phantom the BK. Or Sally is the Cobbler.
#405 Banter
#409 Wonders if someone's vote could've counted as two. Replies to Rikae's question about Sally being the Cobbler - because she is confusing.
#410 Could switch vote to Izzy.
#423 Clarifies the manipulation of phantom. Makes a list on everyone. Probable/maybe baddies - Sally, Brin, Izzy/ Hansy, Lariren, Mnemosyne.
#428 Admits mixing up of phantom's posts.
#461 Says she is the WB and phantom a wolf.
#465 Banter.
#466 Banter.
#471 Banter.

I know there was further discussion on Durelin thinking Brin did a 180 on Day One, though I can't find it. It must've been commented on by others. Would've been nice to see a clarification on it, as I don't get how she saw it. I'll have to look again. Or I completely missed it somehow.
She has gone from no idea to undecided, though there is a pinch of unease about her.

X;d with everyone after my last post at #487.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:14 PM   #493
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Dude, maybe I'm blind but I still don't see what is so inherently evil about Izzy. I'm not saying she's blindingly innocent, but I don't see why she got so much attention yesterDay. I'll keep an eye on her, but for now I think we should leave her alone. I mean the only reason I voted her yesterDay was to save Noggie (I know, that sounds stupid, but I don't care because it's the truth) and besides her self-save vote (which did ring bells, I'll admit) I didn't see too much that was suspicious about her. And no one should accuse me of flipflopping on this because I said the exact same thing when I voted her. So yeah. That is all.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:15 PM   #494
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Ok, I'm decided.

++Izzy

For reasons stated before, plus the no-analysis analyses - a habit I would like to strongly discourage before impressionable newbies pick it up.

EDIT: X'd with Sally.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 10:17 PM   #495
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Brin will have to make her vote first, I'm still quite unsure.

I'm going to look at Lariren more, maybe Fea and Mnemosyne as well if there is time.

At the moment, I could vote for either Lariren or Sally.
Though if Sally is the Cobbler, probably not. Then again - better a Cobbler than an innocent; if we can't get a wolf or bear.

X'd with Sally and Rikae.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:19 PM   #496
Hansy
Animated Skeleton

Most of this stuff is taken out of Day 2, maybe I've mixed some ideas in, but at this moment that's what I've analyzed. If it doesn't take too long, I'm re-reading Day 3 today, but I don't think it's happening.

Durelin - Right now, who I'm more confident of their innocence. Seems the most sincere to me.
Feanor of the Peredhil - For someone as strong-minded as her, getting a vote from narrowing down the player list is kind of strange... she didn't stand out anymore, that adds to my suspicions.
Isabellkya - I'd still go innocent for her; she's usually more agressive when she plays evil. So I like the general smooth appearance of her.
the phantom & Brinniel - Seeing them both involved on Gwath's and Nogrod's lynches, they barely interacted with each other, I'd think this is a good shot on a evil duo... You could throw in Fea here, maybe Day 1's occurance was meant to make her look worse, I don't know.
satansaloser2005 - She's playing it different than last game; I can't relate her with anyone, but I can't stop thinking she's evil. Add Eomer's death, you have your Black Queen. Do us all a favor and kill that black bishop/rook tonight. If you don't, they'll outnumber everyone soon anyway, giving you no room.
Lariren Shadow - Went back from "probably innocent" to "I have no idea". Her posts weren't conclusive enough for me, they were giving mixed impressions.
wilwarin538 - When she posted her list on day 2 I agreed with most of her points, from what I've seen I'm not worried so far, if she's a wolf it's playing the backup member or something.
Rikae - Her reasoning is, well, reasonable all the time. I don't know how she plays evil, but this Rikae looks more or less like the innocent Rikae from last game.
Eonwe - Just didn't see enough, though I remember him raising my eyebrow on Day 1.
Mnemosyne - Now I'm starting to worry about her.. when Izzy asked her about the "Who're we killing today?" bit she said right after Night 2, it could be taken as a cobbler hinting to the wolves.
Kath - Nothing stands out from what I've seen, really. Overall innocent feeling.

So, summary:

More Evil: TP, Sally
Less Evil: Nemo, Brinn
I don't know: Eonwe, Fea, Lari
Less Innocent: Kath, Izzy
More Innocent: Durelin, Rikae, Wilva

++The Phantom
Old 02-25-2009, 10:19 PM   #497
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

"no-analysis analyses"?

X'd with Hansy.... does that make it a four-way tie? o.O
Old 02-25-2009, 10:20 PM   #498
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Mnemosyne Send a message via Yahoo to Mnemosyne
Holy Valar, peeps, look at the votes.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:22 PM   #499
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Dude....

Hansy, Izzy, Phantom, and myself all at four votes.

Unacceptable, people. Simply unacceptable.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:23 PM   #500
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'm almost tempted to say "no one else vote" or "let's make it a five-way tie" but that's just silly.

I got snapped out of game mode for a few hours; hoping to get back in it and get some good analysis in before I vote. Looks as if it may matter this time!

(Also... something odd just occurred to me. Numerous people have been suspecting Brin, but she hasn't garnered any votes, has she?)
Old 02-25-2009, 10:24 PM   #501
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Do you mean two, I don't think there are that many people playing. xD

X'd with Mnemosyne.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:25 PM   #502
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Dury +++tp
Willa +++Sally
Steve ++Sally (2)
Kath +++Hansy
Fea ++++Izzy
Sally ++Hansy (2)
Rikae ++Izzy (2)
Hansy ++tp (2)

The two Izzy votes I expected. I also expected that second Hansy vote. But I had no idea Hansy would vote for me.

That's gutsy, laddie. Voting to tie me with you, when I still have a vote in my hand.

We're all tied now. I say we just leave it. Shasta would love that!

EDIT: xpost Mnem, Izzy
Old 02-25-2009, 10:27 PM   #503
Hansy
Animated Skeleton

Oh my, what did I do.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:27 PM   #504
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Well, well, since Brin, Izzy, and I haven't voted, that means the three of us can agree on someone and lynch them, even if they don't have any votes yet.

We are the judges of doom. We say who lives and who dies. Mwu ha ha! Fear us.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:28 PM   #505
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Yet to vote:

Isabellkya
the phantom
Brinniel
Lariren Shadow
Mnemosyne

Unless someone wants to push another candidate, it looks as if I'll have to limit my votes to the people who have already got them.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:30 PM   #506
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tp
Everyone still has a retraction.

Last edited by Durelin; 02-25-2009 at 10:30 PM. Reason: added quote to make more sense
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 10:30 PM   #507
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
Well, well, since Brin, Izzy, and I haven't voted, that means the three of us can agree on someone and lynch them, even if they don't have any votes yet.

Yeah, till Lari and I come in and both vote for you out of sheer vindictiveness.

(Er, if Lari's okay with that... if not, I can at least make it a tie...)
Old 02-25-2009, 10:30 PM   #508
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnem
Unless someone wants to push another candidate
Durelin! I must have my vengeance!
Old 02-25-2009, 10:32 PM   #509
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom
I can't say who I'll vote for yet. I need to see who Izzy and Brin vote for first so we can all vote the same way again.
Hushabye. We wouldn't want them to catch onto us, now would we?

Anyway, you'll just have to wait awhile longer since I'm undecided as of now. Unfortunately, I don't have any clear suspects in mind.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:34 PM   #510
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnemo
Yeah, till Lari and I come in and both vote for you out of sheer vindictiveness
Sounds like a plan!
Old 02-25-2009, 10:35 PM   #511
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Make your case, phantom.

For some reason I really want to vote Brin, but first I'd have to analyze her.

I'm just not incredibly thrilled with any of the vote candidates... Now that you've gotten off your spec-fest (and I can understand innocent!phantom's reasoning) I'm willing to let you live another day.

Sally I've already explained why I don't want to vote for.

Hansy... eh. I don't feel great about him, especially because a lot of people have done the whole "I suspect him but he's a n00b" sort of thing and by Day 3 that shouldn't matter (heck, didn't matter for me).

And Izzy I'm willing to reprieve until we find out more information about yesterDay (if there's ever a reveal that will let us. But I won't wait forever).
Old 02-25-2009, 10:36 PM   #512
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I would prefer to see Sally or Hansy lynched than tp, if it comes down to that.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 10:36 PM   #513
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

By the way, I'd laugh SO hard if it turns out Brin, phantom, and Izzy are the Bishop, Rook, and Knight.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:38 PM   #514
Hansy
Animated Skeleton

Duh, of course they are. At least one of them HAS to be evil. It's just too much.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:41 PM   #515
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Well, in the interest of self-preservation I'd really not like to die, at least toDay. *goes all cryptic again* It would be in the village's best interest not to kill me toDay. If you find me suspicious, fine, kill me toMorrow, but deal with someone else toDay.

Of course I don't want to see Phantom go either. Izzy I would understand, since several people suspect her, but I wouldn't be the happiest I suppose. Hansy needs to go in my opinion. I'm currently working with one of his posts, so I'll be back with thoughts in a second. Until then!
Old 02-25-2009, 10:41 PM   #516
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnemo
Unless someone wants to push another candidate, it looks as if I'll have to limit my votes to the people who have already got them.
Unless you want to be the one to push for another candidate. Do you not think you have the power to sway the voting to someone entirely different? Well understandable, as I've never been quite the persuasive person either, but you never know. Like I said, I'm undecided so I could go in any direction. So if you have a better candidate in mind, please share (so long it is not me, of course ).

Btw, has anyone been following the post count. phantom and Mnemo have been practically tied the entire game. I find it oddly amusing.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:44 PM   #517
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Brin, the thing is that I don't have a huge case against anyone (some bad vibes about you, dear, but that's it; and the last time I had them the analysis dispelled them). And the past two Days I've voted for people based on my own reasoning, which I've given, and it hasn't swayed anyone.

Earlier toDay I kept on stressing the singular peculiarity of all those Izzy voters yesterday, but no one else agreed with me. I may be verbose but I'm not a leader.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:44 PM   #518
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Currently reskimming today's posts....
Old 02-25-2009, 10:45 PM   #519
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansy View Post
Duh, of course they are. At least one of them HAS to be evil. It's just too much.
See, the thing is I could totally see phantom Night One being like, "Let's always vote the same way every Day! No one will suspect us!" And he'd be able to pull it off, too.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:47 PM   #520
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

So let's get those 3 tied up and let fate decide.

Edit: Hmmm...I mean tied up as in votes...