The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-07-2005, 08:07 PM   #1
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
The Eye Tol-in-Gaurhoth Dream Team

Well, the Werewolf craze continues unabated. We even have two games going at once now. So I thought that I would start a thread where we could hail the great heroes and fiends of the past, acknowledge some great, humourous or just plain crazy play and have some fun.

The point of this thread is to name your Werewolf "Dream Team". It might be made up of players you think particularly worthy of note, those you like to play with or a hotchpotch of whoever you want. Just think of the kind of game that you would like to play in.

Pick the type of game you want - any number of players (within reason - 21 is probably a good maximum). The basics are 3 Wolves plus Villagers, but you can add in whichever roles you like. Then just allocate a Downer to each role (including ordinary villagers). Don't just list them, but give reasons why you have chosen people for your Dream Team and why you have allocated them any particular roles. You can include yourself, either as mod or as a player, but you don't have to.

Just a few simple rules. Don't refer to any currently "live" roles (ie an active player's role in a current game), don't make any comment which may influence a current game, and don't be rude about anyone (although a little gentle teasing is allowed).

I might as well kick off. So here's my "Dream Team". I have gone for the 21 player multi-role game that we played in WWIIX (of which I have very fond memories), because I wanted to include some of my favourite peformances in the various roles.

Mod - Oddwen: Better known as Moddwen (WWIIX). A great sense of humour is certainly a bonus in the role of mod, and Oddwen provided some of the funniest death scenes yet.

3 Wolves
the phantom: A real Wolf’s Wolf. Cold, logical and arrogant – has the confidence to pull of the most risky manoeuvres and still seem innocent. The phantom thrives in the role of Wolf.
Eomer of the Rohirrim: The Gentleman Wolf. Another good strategist. In his first stint as a Wolf (WWVII), he managed to remain completely innocuous, ruthlessly sacrificing his fellow Wolves to maintain the façade. In his second stint (WWXI), he was delightfully combative and a worthy adversary.
Lalaith: With those two on the team, a quieter Wolf is definitely in order. She’s quiet enough to stay out of trouble and cunning enough to remain uncaught. A lethal combination.

Cobbler - The Only Real Estel: He deserves an award for Best Performance in the role of Cobbler in WWVII and has made the role his own.

Bear - Gurthang: Of course. Who else but the one who practically took the game (in WWIIX) in probably the most difficult role? The role model for all future Bears.

Seer - Boromir88: Another fantastic performance in WWIIX, when his secret role went almost entirely unperceived, despite little clues, until he declared himself and thereby contributed to a Villager win.

Ranger - Anguirel: The classic outlaw turned good. A real Han Solo type. Will always be seen as the hansome rogue who seems suspicious at first, but turns out to be a hero (viz WWX).

Hunter - The Saucepan Man: The only time that I have not been an ordinary villager (or mod), not to mention the only time to date that I have been on a winning side, and I had great fun in this role. There are a number of ways to play it, so it gives quite a lot of scope for flexibility.

2 Shirriffs:
Kuruharan: A great tactical player. Not averse to stirring things up and brings a sardonic sense of humour to the proceedings. I nearly had him down as a Wolf, but, since I always suspect him, that would make it too easy. His shrewd mind would make him a worthy Shirriff (although I don't believe that he has played the role yet).
Cailin: My substitute Seer, as she played the role so well in WWXI. Seems to play a lot like me, so is great to have on my side in a gifted role. A good logical thinker.

11 Ordinary Villagers
Feanor of the Peredhil: Confusing and at times downright bewildering. She likes to play with other villagers’ minds, although her methods can be surprisingly successful. Has to be on the opposing side to the phantom.
Shelob: Well, there always has to be someone to die on the first (game) Night. And, when she doesn't, she is always a dangeroius adversary for the Wolves (and a pretty good Wolf herself too).
Kath: A great contributor in the games which I have played with her. Gets involved and thinks seriously about the game.
mormegil: The random accuser. Always good at getting things going, and a great innocent to have by your side.
Gil-Galad: Every village needs a Gil. Someone to agonise about for at least three days before lynching him and finding him to be innocent.
Wilwarin538: The archetypal “quiet one”.
Azaelia of Willowbottom: The other archetypal quiet one.
Durelin: Quirky and unpredictable. Coiner of the immortal phrase which I carry as my sig.
dancing spawn of ungoliant: Another good logical thinker. Somehow, I always suspect her, so her inclusion would spice things up.
littlemanpoet: No game would be complete without a “littlemanpoet rant” as he desperately tries to establish his innocence, while making himself look more and more suspicious.

Sorry to all those who I have left out. I would liked to have included others, but numbers have to be limited. Suffice it to say that I have greatly enjoyed every Werewolf game that I have participated in (and many which I have not).
Old 10-07-2005, 09:20 PM   #2
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots REB (pts I et II) Werewolf

Heh, this is kind of a cool idea…especially since I won’t be able to play again until the beginning of next month (boo hoo!) it gives me something to do (I mean besides what I am supposed to be doing).

I’m going to do a fifteen player game with (not counting the mod):

3 wolves
1 seer
1 hunter
1 ranger
2 sheriffs
1 bear
6 villagers

…sort of an overabundance of roles. It might be interesting to see what happens. Obviously, I’ll have to include a few non-REB people because there aren’t enough of us to fill out the roles.

3 Wolves:
Mogul Bildur (Saucepan Man)- I think that he would be a very dangerous wolf, especially if he could somehow overcome the problem that he would probably have of being an early Seer dream. If he could get over that hurdle he could probably go a long, looong way. He has repeatedly established credentials as an innocent and people will almost always believe whatever he says.

the phantom- Considering the royal spanking he just put on me, it would be kind of hard not to include him here.

Lalaith- Considering the royal spanking she just put on me, it would be kind of hard not to include her here.

1 Seer:
Merisuwyniel (Estelyn Telcontar)- I think she’d be a natural at this.

1 Hunter:
Halfullion/Halfemption (Rimbaud)- They’d (he’d) probably get a kick out of this.

1 Ranger:
Gateskeeper (Thenamir)- He would be able to employ the magic words of *Firewall!!* and *Norton and McAfee!!*

2 Sheriffs:
Earnur Etceteron (The Squatter of Amon Rudh)- I’d PAY to see this!

Pimpi (Diamond18)- The fun part would be keeping one half of her identity a secret from the other.

1 Bear:
Boromir88- I think out of all the people who have played, he probably would have the best chance of taking this role and winning with it…if he could survive the Seer.

6 Villagers:
Vogonwe (Diamond18)- The fun part would be keeping one half of her identity a secret from the other.

Orogarn Two (The Barrow-Wight)- When the wolves came for him he would request that his lineage be carved on his tombstone…and the wolves would die of starvation while he recited it to them.

Grrralph/Sueim/Gravlox (Mithadan)- If the wolves came for one of them he would either sue them…or eat them.

Leninia (Lush)- The wolves wouldn’t dare touch her.

Bethberry- Would occasionally appear for a brief cameo…and occasionally kill off a character.

Mister Underhill- Would occasionally appear for a brief cameo.

…and a bonus…

Grim Reaperneep (himself)- Would attempt to die a glorious death defending the village from the werewolves…but would accidentally kill all the werewolves and survive.

(watch…I probably forgot somebody)

And the best part about this game is that it would never end!
Old 10-08-2005, 08:21 AM   #3
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Hmmmm, this is a difficult one. There are to many. Let's see. I'll try and make it 17 villagers, that's not including the mod.

Mod - Enca - Hers was the first game I played in and it was so well done that I'd LOVE to play in another one.

Ranger - Fea - I'll give my explanation for this in a minute when I name the Seer.

Seer - TORE - Him and Fea played such a good ruse on Day 3 in my WWJ I game. It was so well done that I'd love to be in another where they were Seer and Ranger

Wolf 1 - Wilwa - She did such a good job in her role in WW IX that I'd like to give her a chance to show her stuff again.

Wolf 2 - Boro - He's another I want to give ccredit to in WW X. He was one of the ones I suspected the least.

Wolf 3 - Lalaith - The Wolves need a quiet one amongst them who thinks clearly and logically, not that Wilwa or Boro wouldn't mind you.

Bear - Gurthang - He is the idol Bear to follow and I must say that I'm quite glad that I got to try and follow in his footsteps.

Cobbler - Kitanna - This was a hard one to pick but I chose her to give her a second chance at being a Cobbler after I so rudely attacked her during my reign as Bear.

Hunter - Saucy - No particular reason, just need someone to fill in the place. That and I'm pretty sure he hasn't played the Hunter before so I want to give him a chance.

Sheriff 1 - Nilp - He deserves the chance to prove himself once again.

Sheriff 2 - morm - Same as Nilp. Besides, morm deserves the chance to live and NOT get attacked by me.

Villager - Glirdan - I want to see if you guys will go and lynch me in a double lynch again.

Villager - Zali - She deserves to get lynched alongside another innocent, not a Bear. That or by herself.

Villager - Wayne - Yes his one scentence posts without reasoning are sometimes annoying, but I find it rather amusing as well.

Villager - Folwren - I can't leave out my fellow LOTR conspirator now can I? We get along so well that we'll know each others innocence right at the start.

Villager - Gil - As Saucy said, every game needs a Gil.

Villager - TGWBS - Don't we all love the Short Prince? And I don't think I've played in a game with him yet.

Villager - Esty - Haven't played in a game with her yet and I'd love to.

There we go. That's my ideal WW game, that would last forever and ever because eveytime the game finishes, all the dead get reincarnated and the game starts over, but the people who win and how is different each time.
Old 10-08-2005, 03:37 PM   #4
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
White Tree

Cool idea Sauce...I think I'll do a simple game here of 15 people:

3 wolves
1 Seer
1 Ranger
1 Hunter
1 Cobbler
2 Shirriffs
6 villagers

The Wolves:

1) Phantom- I couldn't agree more with Sauce and Kuru, phantom makes an ideal wolf. Made my job as a partner wolf a lot easier, that's for sure. Phantom's biggest problem would be surviving early suspicion from the Seer, but if the Seer gets bagged quick, phantom can take control of the game.

2) Gurthang- Made a really good bear, and on several occasions I thought about dreaming of him in WWIIX, but he managed not to get dreamed of. And if it wasn't for Saucy's plan I could imagine Gurthang in winning that one. He would make a dangerous wolf for sure.

3) Lalaith- able to slip under the radar. Interesting how when having her as a wolf partner, phantom and I bought up the very thing, and she said she didn't know how well she could slip under the radar. Well, that's exactly what she did and made a good wolf partner. Scary if you're an innocent.

The Seer:

arctic- I'd be interested in seeing him play the Seer.

The Ranger:

Anguirel- this is a tip of my hat to Anguirel for successfully defending Marcolie in WWX and making the wolves job a bit more difficult. Though turned out unsuccessfully, nice job on picking the right person.

The Hunter:

Eomer- If he wasn't a wolf in this recent game I would think his numerous posts of "So and so said...post #115...etc" would probably be quite insightful if he was innocent.

The Cobbler:

Only Real Estel- SpM has already explained it, a memorable performance.

The Shiriffs:

Kuru- He makes a better innocent then a wolf, because if he's a wolf, it's scary. I would much rather have him on the innocent side.

Cailin- Much like Kuru, I would rather have her on the innocent side if I wasn't a wolf.

The villagers:

Sauce- I'm tempted to put him as a wolf, but he's just a too big of a target for the Seer and serves as a much better innocent with his insightful voting breakdowns.

Spawn- A good innocent villager to have, much like Sauce, with logic and deductions can sniff out a wolf. She was the first one to really go after me in WWX.

Gil- Sauce and Glirdan have already explained it.

Nilpaurion- I never played with him, and I'm anxious to, considering he's the one who asked me if I would ever get involved.

Meneltarmacil- Ye olde knight posts were memorable in WWIIX. I just wanted to rip out Chaucer or something.

mormegil- mormegil makes a dangerous innocent for the wolves. He seems to be right a lot.
Old 10-08-2005, 06:25 PM   #5
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Gurthang has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan
Hunter - Saucy - No particular reason, just need someone to fill in the place. That and I'm pretty sure he hasn't played the Hunter before so I want to give him a chance.
Actually, he was the Hunter in WWIIX, and his descision to not hunt was one of the things that sealed my loss as Bear. He was a marvelous Hunter, despite not killing anyone.

If I was to make a game it'd be as follows:

Moderator - Gurthang. I've always wanted to try my hand at writing deaths, but I haven't had the time. So for now, it will be a dream.

Wolf 1 - Feanor of the Peredhil. Plays so crazily that you'll never know what to think about her. Not afraid to try new and risky schemes. She'd do well as a wolf.

Wolf 2 - Eomer of the Rohirrim. A risk-taking strategist who's been known to sacrifice his team to win the game. Knows how to predict what others will think, so anticipates very well.

Wolf 3 - Gil-Galad. He's pretty unpredictable and often acts suspicious by nature. He could easily be written off as being himself, so people will leave him alone.

All three of those wolves will take risks, make sacrifices, and do anything to confuse the villagers. They might be an unbeatable team.

Cobbler - The Only Real Estel. Reasons: obvious. He's the only cobbler who's lived long enough to come into play(except Durelin, but her wolves were all dead. ), and he won the game.

Hunter - Kitanna. She has a good head on her shoulders and always seems to get killed during the night. Which means she would figure out who a wolf was before they killed her, so she would know who to kill.

Seer - Nilpaurion Felagund. He'd probably vote for himself, as usual, which would throw everyone off. He'd probably be kept around for a while after that, and would be able use his good wits to do some strategic dreaming.

Ranger - mormegil. Does a good job of picking out who's who. Also knows a lot about what others might do, so can plan accordingly.

Bear - the phantom. As a wolf, he's always leader of the pack. Brilliant strategist who knows how to appear just suspicious enough to stay alive (ie. not suspect enough to get lynched, but the wolves will keep him around hoping he will get lynched). I'd love to see him take on everyone else at once.

Shirriff 1 - Boromir88. Smart. Cunning. Great player. Makes the perfect innocent. Also feeds well off of others input.

Shirrif 2 - Durelin. As long as she lives past Night 3, she does really well. Would make a great partner for Boromir.

Villagers -
The Saucepan Man. Always does a good job of leading the villagers. That is if he isn't killed by the wolves first or lynched for being too smart.
dancing spawn of ungoliant. Always questioning, always suspecting, always accusing. Is never assured of anyone's innocence, so she can't easily be fooled.
The Perky Ent. Offers comic relief. Knows how to push the right buttons to get the right result. Would flush out the wolves.
Shelob. Can pick out the minor errors that the wolves would make. Could also pick up on phantom being the bear, which would be very difficult.
Wilwarin538. Appears innocent and helpful. She'd be able to stay alive and figure out everything.
Folwren. Good at defending himself and picking out fake defenses.
Anguirel. He's smart, so great to have around.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:27 AM   #6
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Cailín has just left Hobbiton.
Interesting idea, this thread. Since I'm relatively new to this game, I'll probably jump right over all the memorable 'oldies', so please do not feel offended.

Mod – the phantom: I don’t think he has ever modded a game before, and if he did it was far before my time. I think he’d do pretty well in such an all controlling role and would be able to give everyone a gruesome death. Besides, the only other role I'd consider giving him is a Wolf, and since everyone considers him to be unbeatable in that role, it would be too boring.

Wolf 1 - Eomer of the Rohirrim: Do I need to explain? Anyone who can deceive a Seer who has actually dreamt about them, deserves to be a Wolf.

Wolf 2 - Feanor of the Peredhil: Because it is my very secret wish to be in a game with her once, and preferrably on the opposing team.

Wolf 3 - Lalaith: Her spectacular performance in WWX has convinced me she’s the perfect quiet wolf and would really complete this team.

Cobbler – The Perky Ent: I just think – with his constant chatty behavior – he would be the perfect friendly Cobbler - if he can survive the first few days, that is.

Bear - Shelob: generally someone who attracts little suspicion and usually has a solid idea as to who’s who in the village. Should the wolves not decide to eat her, she’d be a great bear.

Seer – Wilwarin: A gamble, this one, for Wilwarin’s style is not really Seerish. However, if she plays her part well, she usually manages to stay alive for the major part of the game and could be a very effective, subtle Seer.

Ranger - Kath: I can really see her as a brave, selfless hero who will defend the village to her very last breath.

Hunter - The Only Real Estel: I never saw or read him play before, except as the brilliant Cobbler in WWIIX, I believe. He seems to be quite quick on the uptake concerning who’s trustworthy and who’s not, which is pretty crucial to make this gift work.

Shiriff 1 - The Saucepan Man: A pain for the wolves as a simple ordinary villager, he will certainly benefit from a little extra feedback and just that bit of extra knowledge. He and his partner will give the wolves a hard time.
Shiriff 2 - Mormegil: Well, otherwise he and the Saucepan Man would just start attacking each other at a certain point and everything would be all wrong.

Ordinary Villagers:

Cailín: I already get way too much into the game as an ordinary, so I would prefer myself not to be so gifted, for fear of becoming completely obsessed (again *coughs*)
Azaelia of Willowbottom: To live innocently for a few days, make some major voting mistakes and be lynched by an angry, ignorant mob in the end.
Boromir88: It’s better if he does not really know what’s going all. For the benefit of us all.
WaynetheGoblin: To make some outrageous statements causing everyone to raise their eyebrows and regard him with much suspicion.
Gil-Galad: I cannot imagine a game without him.
Anguirel: Because I did not get the opportunity in WWX to really interact with him and he seems like an interesting player.
Holbytlass: Someone who is easy to trust and seems intelligent enough without raising too much attention of both the wolves and the angry lynching mob, she could be very valuable to the village.
Nilp: Unpredictable. Never saw him commit suicide in a game before, which I think greatly adds to the tragedy of any game.
Lhunardawen: Lunatic and confusing, she’d be a great addition to any village (again, I think).
The guy who be short: With so many insane ords, we need another logical and good thinker. I always found tgwbs to be one of them.

I wonder what the outcome of this game shall be...
Cailín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 10:58 AM   #7
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Quote:
Ranger - Kath: I can really see her as a brave, selfless hero who will defend the village to her very last breath.
Yes Cailin, but unfortunately my last breath would be drawn on the first night! Both times I've been Ranger that has happened.

Hmm, now as to my team. I've missed the last couple of games so I don't know about roles from those:

Mod - has to be TGWBS I think. He came up with some really gruesome deaths!

Wolves:
1) Well I'd put Oromin as a wolf. I played with her and she was never under suspicion! If you need a sneaky one to slip under the radar she is perfect.

2) Meneltarmacil - he actually convinced me he was innocent for a while and I was on his case for days! Definitely a good (or bad if you look at it that way) person to have as a wolf.

3) Folwren - keeps things close and seems so outraged by accusations of wolvishness it's hard to believe it from her.

Seer - Boromir88. He stays right out in the open but avoids suspicion from wolves or innocents so he would stay alive longer and be able to use his gift well.

Ranger - anyone but me! Hmm, I think maybe mormegil. He has a good idea of who's who so he'd be able to protect the gifted ones.

Hunter - Durelin. She usually has a pretty good feel for who the wolves are.

Cobbler - we all know it has to be The Only Real Estel. No one else can compare!

Bear - if it was in the game I think Gil would do well. Everyone suspects him but then they put it down to him just being himself so he could get away with it.

Shirriffs:
1) Nilp - the only role he can pull off without everyone becoming suspicious. Also, the only role he plays in without purposefully trying to get himself lynched!

2) Saucepan Man - needs an outlet for his brain!

Innocents:
1) Cailin - she was very good at analysing all the posts, especially for a first time player.

2) Fea - just confusing enough to make it fun.

3) dancing spawn - a really good player and helpful, always says everything I intend to so it takes far less time to write a post!

4) Shelob - same as spawn, when she isn't a wolf.

5) Firefoot - a person who makes lists as I recall, always helpful!

6) Eomer - if he really knows nothing it's probably the only way he can avoid suspicion these days.

There are others I would put as innocents but my reasons are getting similar so basically if I've missed you out assume that's what I'd put you as!
Old 10-09-2005, 12:16 PM   #8
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
This is a rather fun idea and I hope I don't step on any toes.

As far as moderator that is difficult because there have been so many that I enjoyed greatly but I would have to include a trifecta team of TGWBS, Holbytlass and Mithalwen. TGWBS kept things very M-e related and probably spent too much time thinking of deaths. Holby has kept deaths so suspenseful and you don't know who is going to die until the end and they are very well written. Mithalwen poured all of herself into her game and gave all that she had and more, it was a wonderful game and her commitment deserves commending. But I would like to thank any that have modded. I understand that it requires so much work and your commitment makes it possible for us to have such fun .

Wolves
Shelob--She is borderline quiet but her posts are full of useful information, which throw me of the trail. She was in the original trio of quiet wolves that befuddled us loud idiots who just kept attacking each other.

Fordhim--I don't recall him ever being a wolf but I think that he is shrewd and calculating. He knows how people will react and is loud enough to no arouse suspicion based on quietness. He would be a challenging foe.

Feanor--What can you say about a wolf that tells everybody she is a wolf. I've never met anyone who was as excited or hyper about being a wolf. She was a wolf with me and we along with Oromin and Kath developed many good strategies and she's not averse to turning on her own to save herself.

Bear
Kuruharan--If anybody remembers his performance in the first game they will know why I think he would be remarkable in this role. He lost his partners early on and yet was very cool under pressure. He managed to win the game due to his presence of mind and intelligence.

Cobbler
Sorry to pigeon-hole you in this role TORE but you exemplified what a cobbler should be.

Ranger
Kitanna--She would survive a long time and has a generally good grasp of who is who.

Hunter
The perfect role for him. If I'm in a game and find him innocent I know he's a wolf and if I think he's guilty I know he's innocent. The phantom in the hunter would probably do amazing things with this role and would more than likely help in a village victory.

Mythomaniac
This was a short lived role but making a choice on this I would vote Kath she was our first ever and she elected to become my role which happened to be a wolf. 4 wolves from the start was an awful thing for innocents to deal with.

Shirrif
I really liked Cailin's idea of having SpM and I together in this role. I think that we would work well together and be able to identify many roles in a short amount of time.

Innocents This was a difficult one because I'm sure I'm leaving some people out--sorry.

Laitaine--Only played in one game I can remember WWIIX but she wrote every post in poetry and did a rather good analysis with it. I enjoyed each post.

Holbytlass--What can you say other than she is level headed and doesn't get caught up in the theory of that day. She's a voice of reason that helps to keep me grounded.

TGWBS--intelligent and interesting. Great for sparring and bouncing ideas off of.

Eomer--One of the most comical individuals we have and yet he is highly intelligent and a great ally for the village and can think like a wolf.

Firefoot--A big fan of lists, which I am too. She vocal and insightful.

Oddwen--Just a generally fun player with a delightful sense of humor. Doesn't take everything too seriously yet is helpful.

Dancing Spawn--She's a cool cat and level headed. Knows her game well and is a great asset.

Encai--Great at sticking to her profession and is very dramatic and intelligent.

Cailin--I've been extremely impressed with her contributions. There was no ramp up time for her in getting vocal and involved. Intelligent and insightful.

Durelin--A great player and contributor. Intelligent and not afraid to go after anybody.

I include these two together Nilp and Lhuna they are great at easing the air in the environment and we all need some villagers to suspect when we don't know who wolves are

I can only imagine this game. It would be over 200 posts on the first day and not just a simple 200 post but they would be extremely long. It would take a full-time commitment to merely play this game.

Oops I forgot the seer

Seer
Take out Dancing Spawn from Innocent Ordos and add her here. She can survive for a long time and would do great job of dreaming.

Last edited by mormegil; 10-09-2005 at 01:31 PM.
mormegil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 01:26 PM   #9
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Excellent thread Saucie...

Mod-Well, as I'm allotting the roles, it's me by definition, surely! Also, the sadism of writing deaths...so very fulfilling...commended, tgwbs for Tolkienish wit, Mithalwen for her assertion of the Divine Right of Mods, and Holbytlass for her excellent recent scene with the battle of the hunters...

Players

3 Wolves
Seer
Ranger
Hunter
Cursed Villager
2 Shirriffs
10 ordinary villagers
Total-19

Wolves: Celuien, who I've never seen in wolf-form but who I think would take to it admirably-hence my luckless crusade against her in Werewolf X!

littlemanpoet, my bane when I was in the Seer in Werewolf IV. A tremendous performance that only Fea saw through. And so I was among the victorious dead...

Kuruharan, my fellow Werewolf in Werewolf I. Callously left me to my death with perfect savoir-faire. Ultimately exploited my alliance with Fea to snatch victory alone...

Seer: dancing spawn of ungoliant. Again, I've never seen her in this position, as far as I recall, but her natural reasoning skills and scary name would provide tremendous cover.

Ranger: Blasted difficult role; I give it to Lalaith, who can handle a number of masks, including analyst, innocent, and dupe, and has sharp instincts. Besides, its tortuous hardship is fitting revenge for her recent treachery!

Hunter: Aure entuluva! Fea's element, what with her talent for accruing suspicion and concealing motives...and being generally confusing.

Cursed Villager: the phantom. It would be interesting to watch his tack subtly change, especially as the omniscient mod, if he were to be converted. That way there is a chance the village will be doomed. And he won't even know it himself! Ha ha! I would know something the phantom didn't...

Shirriffs: Eomer and Saucie-only way to stop them killing each other...

10 Villagers:

Firefoot's voting analysis would make a mod's life much easier.
mormegil would be a tempting framing target for wolves.
Cailin would be an asset, with assiduous thinking...
Nilpaurion Felagund-to make sure no one had a moment's peace of mind
Boromir88-so he could be lynched on suspicion of wolvishness. Sweet vengeance...
Folwren-an expert in self-defence
Alcarillo-rather the reverse
Saurreg-a mover and shaker
Encai-a stay at home grumpy old woman, from Werewolf II
Shelob-when untainted by lycanthropy, usually gets done in anyway. Excellent while she lasts though...
Old 10-09-2005, 01:26 PM   #10
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
You can't imagine how entertained I am, being on so many dream teams. Cailìn, I'm truly flattered, and I would love to play a game with you some time. By all accounts, you're quite the rising star.

Now, I write who I think would be best for each role, not that I think every role should be used. For those who remember the game I modded, my last Lynch Post used names because everyone had been identified by the two Seers. "Holby, send me your spite kill. Mormegil, stay pointlessly suspicious seeming."

--------------------------------------------------

Mod: TGWBS. Simply because it's so hard to choose, and because I want most of the others somewhere else. Oh, and because I loved his posts so much.

Ranger: Kath. It's tradition.

Hunter: The Barrow-Wight. Gaming with him is fun, and it is always fascinating to find out who he suspects enough to take down with him. A bit of insight into our beloved leader's mind.

Seer: Folwren. Because if Jack can convince both Ranger and Wolves that that's what role [s]he's got, [s]he deserves to have it.

Sherriffs: Fea and the phantom. Yes, I know I [not so] secretly dream of wolvery with him, but I think that this role would be fantastic for the pair of us. He has his cool logic and I have my truly seemingly random [but so often accurate] suspicions. With private PMs, we'd leave less clutter on the thread because we'd spend so much time arguing in private. By the time we finished our bickering, we'd doubtlessly know the role of every player by day three. Were we to actually be wolves... wow... the village wouldn't stand a chance.

Cobbler: Nilp. Come on... I've just GOT to give him a role that actually calls for trying to get yourself lynched.

Wolves: TOREstel, due to WWJ, still in session, but with this part duly revealed. Our ruse, which I feel no guilt admitting to, as our mod already has, was based solely on the really hopefull assumption that he was innocent. Based on his intuition, his subtlety, his wit, nerve, and logic, he is a formidible enemy for anyone, be they new or long-experienced. As a wolf, he would simply cause mayhem everywhere.

Eomer. Did he really convince the Seer he was innocent? That's hilarious. That's almost as good as a Ranger trying to convince the wolves that they'd just tried to maul her two hours before, when they all knew perfectly well that the target was actually Folwren. In any case, I leave him this role because the first time he was allowed to survive, he was the wolf and should have been killed early.

Orominuialwen: because every Moddess Goddess deserves the educational experience that comes with learning how to spell her name through PMs. In all seriousness though, I played wolf with Oro. She is fantastic at playing innocent. Even with I, as a wolf, yelling at everyone that Oro was my wolvish companion, nobody believed that either of us possibly could be. No-one better to off-set the loudmouths I've got listed above her.

Bear: Cailìn. Not even the Seer would suspect her enough to dream.

Ordos: The Saucepan Man, Kuruharan, Mithalwen, Holby, Anguirel.
Old 10-09-2005, 01:28 PM   #11
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Dream Team? I'll have Cech in goals; a back four of Cole, Gallas.....O, it's Werewolf is it? (Apologies to pretty much everyone who's not the Saucepan Man).

My game will be simple: Three Wolves, a Seer and a bundle of villagers. Absolutely no mass lynchings.

Moderated by Firefoot. Close connections of a victorious wolf perhaps, but she was fantastic.

The three wolves are to be: Kuruharan, who gave the greatest wolf performance ever (in my opinion); The Saucepan Man, who would be utterly devastating in this role; and Son of Numenor, who is very clever and (for some reason) mightily suspicious anyway.

The Seer is Cailín: that's not just a respectful nod to my recent nemesys; she really was good at hiding, made wise choices, and adds a lot to the general discussion with valuable insight.

The Villagers:

Feanor of the Peredhil. She can start trouble in an empty room.

Fordim Hedgethistle: He can start trouble in an empty room.

The Phantom: Probably the Greatest Tol-in-Gaurhoth player ever.

TGWBS: I think he's hilarious, so even though he will be lynched very quickly, he will guarantee some laughs.

littlemanpoet: Fiendishly clever and his rants are the stuff of legend.

Lhunardawen: Obviously I need to fit my little sister in here somewhere. She'd have to don the guise of the Lhunatic though, because that was one of the funniest performances in any game of Werewolf.

Nilpaurion Felagund: Every village needs it's weirdo for everyone to puzzle over. Just try and leave him alive for at least one day please.

Dancing Spawn: She has the mind of a Seer, and would be invaluable to the village.

And there are many others who I'd want in but for the purposes of this stripped-down game (12 players), and also because I now have approximately 5 minutes to get ready for going out tonight (and can't type glowing references of about a dozen other names that immediately spring to mind), I'll have to leave it there.
Old 10-09-2005, 02:50 PM   #12
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Ok, here’s mine. There are some great players out there that I’ve not included because I’ve not played with them myself, or our encounters in the village were too brief. And others that I loved playing with but had to be excluded from lack of room. But I have also for fun added some who have never played Werewolf at all, but definitely should.

Moderator: one of the toughest to decide, because all the games I’ve played have been modded so extremely well. But I think I’m going to go for The Guy Who Be Short. For the sentimental reason that he was the mod in the first game I played and also, as I said at the time – his deaths rocked.
Wolves:
Kuruharan. In honour of the first ever Barrowdown Werewolf, where he was the last man/wolf standing. His partners in crime: I nominate Lush and Dancing Spawn. They would definitely be the foxiest pair of lupines ever to grace Tol-in-Gauroth.

But what of phantom, I hear you cry. Yes, he’s the wolf’s wolf, no-one knows that better than I, but a dream-team Seer would surely dream of him the first night and the game would be up. How to overcome this? Why, we make the phantom our Cobbler, and thus immune from Seer revelation. What’s more, it’s a role I think he’d relish. (PS I missed the TORE Cobbler game, but I’ll take the word of the rest of you that he was awesome…)

Then there is the Bear. My other wolf-buddy, Boromir88, avoided being outed as Seer in Werewolf VIII by pretending to be the Bear. So, I would now like to see him actually be the Bear.

So what innocents and gifted could stand a chance of surviving this crack squad of killers?

Seer: in this difficult role, I would like to select one of our wise Barrowdown sybils. Esty or Bethberry spring to mind.

Hunter: Feanor of the Peredhil, in honour of her triumphant finale in Werewolf IV. Aure enteluva!

Ranger: I'd be interested to see what Eomer would make of this role (and whether he can stay alive!) or Cailin

Sbirriffs: Anguirel and Celuien. I think they’d be natural allies, and would complement (and I’m sure compliment!) each other beautifully.

Ords: we need a good mix of characters and styles.
Saucie, lmp – my fave loudmouths.
Oddwen, Firefoot, Kath – all good, strong, 'backbone' players, and Oddwen and Kath particularly deserve places on my team because I helped kill them by mistake in WWIV.
A distinctive character – such as Encaitaire or the poetic Laitaine .
A quiet one – wilwarin or Azaelia.
A loose cannon: Nilp, Gil or Perky would fit the bill, each in their own unique way.
A dark horse newbie: Aiwendil. I have never even seen this ascetic scholar venture into Mirth, but he’s a great poster and I’d like to see him use his intelligence on something silly like this…
Old 10-09-2005, 03:15 PM   #13
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Oh Mithalwen's modding! How could I have forgotten that! The first ever mythomaniac and I got to play it, and in doing so won the game. Sorry TGWBS but either you're going to have to somehow merge with Mith or you'll be displaced!

As a side note, this is here and not in my actual post because for some strange reason the Edit button isn't working, in fact it's not even there!
Old 10-09-2005, 10:52 PM   #14
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Quote:
Callously left me to my death with perfect savoir-faire.
If only. "Hapless blundering" is a better word for my behavior at the end of that DAY. You'd almost never be able to get away with pulling that stunt now the way I bumbled into it.

Quote:
His partners in crime: I nominate Lush and Dancing Spawn. They would definitely be the foxiest pair of lupines ever to grace Tol-in-Gauroth.
Is there any way this could possibly be arranged?

Yes, I know...bad Kuruharan *smack*

I also have to nominate the team of Holbytlass, Shelob, and Oddwen for being the Three Quiet Wolves who made the rest of us look rather stupid.
Old 10-09-2005, 11:08 PM   #15
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I'm still waiting to see a game comprised of Mister Underhill, Sharku, Thenamir, Esty, Mithadan, Bethberry, Saucie, Pio, Child, Aman, and Rimbaud as the ordinary villagers, Nilp, Gil-Galad (TTM), and the phantom as the wolves, and The Barrow-Wight as the seer.

Can you only imagine the entertainment value of the phantom butting heads with all of them, while pretending not to know Nilp and Gil, who would be doing a fantastic job drawing suspicion, whilst everyone else spent their time composing the most fantastically well written accusations ever to grace a Tol-in-Gaurhoth thread? Even the most unreasonable ideas would be cleverly enough posted to make the very wolves rethink their alliances. Ah, for the day that they give in to peer pressure and sign up for a game (minus those who have, of course, already).
Old 10-10-2005, 12:30 AM   #16
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil
Ah, for the day that they give in to peer pressure and sign up for a game...
Why on earth is everyone thinking I'd be so foolish as to disregard RL considerations (to say nothing of the fast-paced RPG I'm leading ) and join a game just when I'm about to answer an invitation negatively?!
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 07:41 AM   #17
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelyn Telcontar
Why on earth is everyone thinking I'd be so foolish as to disregard RL considerations (to say nothing of the fast-paced RPG I'm leading ) and join a game just when I'm about to answer an invitation negatively?!
But you could use those RL considerations as an excuse to be the quiet and sneaky one... I can easily imagine you as the soft-spoken and kind wolf in sheep's clothing.
Old 10-10-2005, 07:43 AM   #18
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Quote:
Seer – Wilwarin: A gamble, this one, for Wilwarin’s style is not really Seerish. However, if she plays her part well, she usually manages to stay alive for the major part of the game and could be a very effective, subtle Seer.
That would be fun!

I will make my dream team later. There are so many to choose from it will probably be the largest game pssible.
Old 10-10-2005, 01:06 PM   #19
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
An addendum to my previous post.

I cannot believe I forgot about the delightful rewards we received after Mith's Midsummer night maulings. It was rather enjoyable.
Old 10-10-2005, 06:05 PM   #20
Azaelia of Willowbottom
Shade of Carn Dûm

Azaelia of Willowbottom has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Azaelia of Willowbottom
Silmaril

It's nice to see my name on a few lists, especially as I respect everyone who put me on their list (and of course everyone who didn't...gah I have no idea what I was trying to say)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cailin
Azaelia of Willowbottom: To live innocently for a few days, make some major voting mistakes and be lynched by an angry, ignorant mob in the
end.
So true! I don't think I've ever survived a whole game...hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan
Villager - Zali - She deserves to get lynched alongside another innocent, not a Bear. That or by herself.
I'm glad that you have so much faith in my ability to keep myself alive, Glirdan Just kidding, of course.

My dream team is...

Wolves: Eomer. He is so good that he can trick the seer into thinking he's innocent. 'Nuff said.
Sauce because he is a brilliant, aggressive, active player as it is...Him as a wolf would be unstoppable.
The Barrow-Wight because I wish I had the chance to play a werewolf game with him.

Seer: Phantom because he's good at measuring people and he would know how to keep his seer knowledge subtle included in his posts in stead of being too obvious.

Guardian: Boromir88 He seems to be good at reasoning out who the wolves are, and thus how to curtail their actions.

Hunter: MormegilHe usually seems to have the right of things, and measures people well. Shame the wolves played such a trick on him in XI.

Ordinary villagers: TOREstel beacuse he is a great player. And he'd probably attract undue suspicion just for being loud and active.
WaynetheGoblin because he's confusing and adds a whole new element.
Fea Another excellent player.
Nilp and his various personalities to mix things up.
Shelob The normal one, who wouldn't attract as much suspicion as the rest of us.
lmp because he's another amazing player. And every village needs someone who can make clever poems out of what is happening in the game.
Me. The QUIET ONE. It's like I am wearing a T-shirt that says SUSPICIOUS. LYNCH ME. And because I can't resist the temptation to sign myself up for a game that looks like a ton of fun.

Or if Eomer wasn't a wolf, I'd love for him to be a mod. He modded my first game and his deaths were always amusing with a twist of grim irony. I'd also like to add Holby to the mod team because I like the tactic of not letting anyone know who was just killed, or what their role was until the very end. Keeps that suspicion going.

Last edited by Azaelia of Willowbottom; 10-10-2005 at 06:10 PM.
Azaelia of Willowbottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 01:45 PM   #21
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I think it would be churlish not to automatically select my active MM players. All of them coped very sportingly with the twists of fate (and yours truly's wagnerian/ Basil Fawlty thrashing a Hillman Imp with a tree type moments and arbitrary decisions). Ideally I would co-opt Oddwen as a co-moderator.... (in the same way I would ideally play doubles with Roger Federer....) She was inspired.....

Kitanna was a wonderful seer in that she had two strikes. Unfortunately a superb trio (later quartet) of wolves managed to raise suspicion against her and she was lost.

Mormegil was incredibly charismatic ( I still haven't recovered from Night 2's PMs reading Mormegil. Mormegil. Mormegil.... Even when the seer had been revealed he nearly talked himself from the gallows. Superb entertainment for a mod. Fea rose to the occasion and played a blinder. And noone does quite and creepy quite like Oromin.

Holby I would transfer to Hunter... for her perception though TGWBS had the right ideas - just unfortunately not quite at the right time.... he kept admirably in character too.

Kath did sterling work as Mythomaniac deliberately picking a wolf!!! Ah well.. almost makes me want to volunteer to have another go... maybe when I am settled into a new assignment (hopefully another one where colleagues won't be fazed by requests for a gruesome way to kill Inspector Clouseau....)

I would increase the game size a little to allow fresh blood (!)and I think I would especially like to include the Phantom and Kuruharan.... memories of the first game ....

If I managed to recruit sufficient Lab Rats to justify increasing the bloodshed... then Boromir would be Were-Rabbit.. that would be interesting...

And I would like to see The BW play again.... and Laitaine - who did so well having been rather handicapped (ahem) by a certain fellow lycanthrope

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace

Last edited by Mithalwen; 10-12-2005 at 10:41 AM. Reason: everytime something new hits the "typos" thread there is a good chance I need to edit something...
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 02:04 PM   #22
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Sting

Now my dream team, comprised of 15 plus the mod.

Mod - Encaitare- Because I won that game. Actually she did a very good job modding, its was a very fun game.

Wolves - Eomer - Only the best and most famous wolf ever!
the phantom- He's good at any role, he's just so smart.
Meneltarmacil - Got tones of suspicion right from the start yet still won!

Seer - Boro88 - His "seereally" thing was briliant. (that was him right?)

Hunter - Hiriel - He lasted right to the end in the first WWJ game.

Ranger - Fea - Cause she can be a seer to!

Cobbler - TORE- Who else?

Villagers - Zali & I - Supposedly we're quiet, and thats a good thing.
Saucie - He's just so smart!
Wayne - His one liners are very amusing.
Glirdan - Getting to be a very talented player.
Mr. Wight - Cause the wolves are to scared to get banned so they don't kill him.(just kidding)
Mormegil - His blood lust is always funny.
Shelod - She always has the greatest roles.

So thats my dream team. I'm sure I missed people, but I didn't want to make it to long.
Old 10-11-2005, 02:11 PM   #23
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

I can't believe myself. I forgot to include mormegil with his afore-mentioned bloodlust. WW games just aren't as much fun without it.
Old 10-11-2005, 03:30 PM   #24
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Cailín has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Yes Cailin, but unfortunately my last breath would be drawn on the first night! Both times I've been Ranger that has happened.
Well, I guess that is sort of the point of the Ranger. Though the first night is rather early indeed.

Quote:
I'd also like to add Holby to the mod team because I like the tactic of not letting anyone know who was just killed, or what their role was until the very end. Keeps that suspicion going.
I really agree with this!

--

It feels especially great to read through this thread right now and see I'm actually mentioned as a good or logical thinker a couple of times, since in real life, I'm actually failing argumentation. Somehow, my professor does not think it's justified to give me credit for any splendid werewolf performances.

What I meant is thanks.
Cailín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 03:01 AM   #25
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cailín
Lhunardawen: Lunatic and confusing, she’d be a great addition to any village (again, I think).
If only the Lhunatic could be used as a role again, but I don't think she would be as effective the second time around.

Hey, Nilp was lynched right away more than once!

Well, he's too convincing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim
Lhunardawen: Obviously I need to fit my little sister in here somewhere. She'd have to don the guise of the Lhunatic though, because that was one of the funniest performances in any game of Werewolf.
*curtsies* The praise of the praisewolfy is above all praise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil
I include these two together Nilp and Lhuna they are great at easing the air in the environment and we all need some villagers to suspect when we don't know who wolves are
spawn was right - I've been spending too much time with him. Anybody for a sibling switch?

Anyways, here's my dream team of sorts.

Werewolves:
Eomer of the Rohirrim - *cringe* Merely typing those words successively makes me so angry all over again... *counts slowly to seven hundred sixty-two*

(If Eomer would be a wolf, I'd rather be working alongside him of course. Besides my Lhunacy will give me a longer life, since nobody would lynch me right away thinking I'm just a cobbler. But I won't be joining, so there.)

dancing spawn of ungoliant - Having already been a victorious werewolf, this Quenya partner of mine (who shall be sorely missed) will dodge those suspecting glances with her "I'm a helpful ordinary villager" act.

Firefoot - Her active participation in the game will make her a formidable force to reckon with.

Cobbler: The Only Real Estel - See "Eomer of the Rohirrim"

Sheriffs: The Saucepan Man and the phantom - You can only imagine.

Seer: Anguirel - I like how he handled the role in IV.

Ranger: Kath - The name just came suddenly, beats me why.

Hunter: The Barrow-Wight - So he wouldn't have to be killed...hopefully.

Ordinary villagers: the guy who be short, Feanor of the Peredhil, Nilpaurion Felagund, mormegil, littlemanpoet, Boromir88 (Oh, just imagine the mayhem!)

I would love to be an ordo in this game, too, but I doubt my brain would.

Last edited by Lhunardawen; 10-13-2005 at 03:05 AM.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 09:01 PM   #26
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

3 Wolves
The Saucepan Man: I know he will be eventually. He's obviously got the brains for it & I'm sure he could continue to give his longish "helpful" posts, twisting them to influence us the way he wanted them to.

The Barrow-Wight: Come on, do you think any of us would actually speak up if we suspected him? Intimidation is a powerful thing, I don't know about you guys, but if it came down to losing the game or having my account suspended for a month for orginizing a lynching campaign against him I think I'd rather just lose the game.

Meneltarmacil: The man has, er, guts. Made some insanely bold moves & came out looking the better for it.

Cobbler - Lhuna: If only so that I could tease her about it forever.

Cursed- Son of Numenor: I believe he was the cursed twice in a row (or at the very least twice in a very short span of time), third times the charm.

Bear - Gurthang: Props to Glirdan for his stint as bear but Gurthang was the first & nearly took it all the way against extreme odds. Good show.

Seer - Boromir88: Great in WWIIX, plus he isn't so suspicious that people automatically want to lynch him right off - something that no seer needs to have to worry about.

Ranger - Fea: Because she's Fea. Really though, she did a good job in the last game, almost did a great job. Now, if she wouldn't let stupid comments mess with her head so much she'd be even better.

Hunter - Hiriel: What can I say - she hunted all three wolves in WWJ1. That takes some talent.

2 Shirriffs-
Kuruharan & The Phantom: I had Fea & phantom written in for these just because it would be so funny but the Ranger role was just screaming Fea. These two are both suspicious just because they are, but their brains are also tailor-made for WW games. It'd be scary (to the wolves) what they could accomplish working together if they were both sure of eachother's innocence.

11 Ordinary Villagers
Mormegil, littlemanpoet, Dancing Spawn of Ungolient, Cailin (please say I spelled that right), TGWBS, Wilwa, Mithalwen, Oddwen, Fordim (maybe he could provide a plan without being suspected for it?), Holby, & Enca.

Of course there are many more that I wish I could include, but we'll never have a large enough game for everyone unless we have a Werebear & decide to let the Hunter kill one person every night.
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 02:44 AM   #27
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

Quote:
Cobbler - Lhuna: If only so that I could tease her about it forever.
Don't worry, Estel...I don't think I'll ever be as good a Cobbler as you were.

But then again...
Quote:
(from Cobbler Conniving: DAY Two)

Hmm, tgwbs suspects Lhuna of cobblery - now that's a card I could play to my favor later on. I'll have to bookmark that one...GASP! Lhuna nailed my strategy!
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 04:31 PM   #28
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Holbytlass has just left Hobbiton.
Thanks to The Phantom's invitational, I get my dream game. I always wanted to see an all 'loud' village. All roles would still be random so this is perfect.
Old 10-17-2005, 06:54 AM   #29
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holbytlass
Thanks to The Phantom's invitational, I get my dream game. I always wanted to see an all 'loud' village. All roles would still be random so this is perfect.
Ah well maybe I will provide the foil and make my next game (as mod) all quiet and creepy... I don't have the stamina for pages of endless lists - end up not being able to see the wood for the trees .. I wouldn't trust anyone else's analysis and everyone else publishing theirs makes it harder to do your own....

Old 10-17-2005, 04:15 PM   #30
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Oh yes Mith please mod again I loved your game! And the mythomaniac was such a fun role, I think it was also the only time I've been on the winning side (or at least on the winning side and still alive!).
Old 10-18-2005, 10:12 AM   #31
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Why thank you ... as soon I know about my next work assignment I will make a bid for a slot - maybe in the so called junior thread (but I prefer to think of as the "Research and Development" dept. ) where mythomania is set to reappear shortly!!! This current game looks very interesting... may find a few new dream team recruits...

Old 10-27-2005, 08:26 AM   #32
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
White Tree

Ok, with the recent Werewolf game over, here's a new dream team that I've sort of conjured up...

Wolves

Estelyn- If she was the last wolf, I would have shot myself in the foot. She played great in her first game, and I was definitely worried that she had pulled the curtains over our eyes and was the last wolf. (Though Enca was my first suspect)

tgwbs- Another one that would be a dangerous wolf. The whole game he went through relatively unsuspected and his "analytical" posts keeps suspicion off him.

Cailin- Honestly, if Eomer didn't find her, I don't know how long I would have went without suspecting her as a wolf. She just doesn't come off as being a wolf, which makes her of course more dangerous.

Black Beorning

Feanor- She kind of comes off as this loner. She can get along just fine by herself, and no matter how suspicious she is, people just can't pull the trigger on her (or the rope?). She'd be a scary bear.

Seer

mormegil- simply because I believed he was the Seer. He seems to be a good judge of character, on who to trust, who to not, who to go after, who to defend, and still stay away from the wolves claws.

Hunter

Eomer- Just kind of tipping my hat to him again (or sucking up whatever you prefer). For spotting something and finding Cailin the 2nd night.

Ranger

Firefoot- another good innocent to have. Is able to look at posts and find who's a wolf and who isn't.

Cobbler

Mr. Underhill- Don't know why, just seems he could make a good cobbler. I'm just interested in seeing him play this role.

Innocents

Shelob- Too bad she always seems to die early, either by wolves, or by villagers. I think she could add a lot to the village.

Spawn- again, every village needs someone like Spawn to analyze posts and hunt down the wolves.

Gil- again, everyone needs one.

lmp- sad he too had to die early, he makes a good asset for the villagers.

Formendacil- Another fun player, I just liked picking on him the last game

Mithalwen- She didn't make a very good wolf in the first game I played, perhaps this means she's not a "bad" person. But, I'm itching to get in another game with this lady, and perhaps she'll make a better innocent little by-standard, then a wolf?

Sauce- another one no village can be without. A scary, scary, person for the wolves as he's always able to find them. And I was just so delirious in thinking he was in the last game.
Old 10-27-2005, 10:54 AM   #33
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

[QUOTE=Boromir88]

Mithalwen- She didn't make a very good wolf in the first game I played, perhaps this means she's not a "bad" person. But, I'm itching to get in another game with this lady, and perhaps she'll make a better innocent little by-standard, then a wolf?

QUOTE]

I was a good innocent in game one - I picked 2 wolves straight off ... and even when I was a wolf I picked the Bear instantly.. I wouldn't say I am a particularly good person but I find it virtually impossible to lie under any circumstances. So being a wolf was peculiarly stressfull and means I am unlikely to play again.

Old 10-27-2005, 11:39 AM   #34
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
I find it virtually impossible to lie under any circumstances. So being a wolf was peculiarly stressfull
Then don't lie when you're a wolf, Mith.

When you read my posts in Werewolf X (I was a wolf in that game) you will find that I barely lied at all.

The key is to tell truths that don't lead to the truth.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:51 PM   #35
Bêthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
1420!

Just to remind you all of Estelyn's post #16 here, 10-10-2005:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelyn Telcontar
Not to be confused with her first post (#14) on the phantom's recently concluded game: posted on the 10-15-2005

Last edited by Bêthberry; 10-27-2005 at 01:02 PM.
Bêthberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 02:14 PM   #36
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom
When you read my posts in Werewolf X (I was a wolf in that game) you will find that I barely lied at all.
When?

Phantom, sweetheart, this may be a kick in the Shire for your ego but I do not eagerly devour every word you write . The mainstream WW games have become so Dickensian in length that I have stopped trying to follow them completely - I just dip in. I see the page number increase, and daunted, sigh and flip to crazy captions which suit my attention span better. The thoughts of Chairman Phantom are therefore not going to be top of my reading list. However, I did happen to glance at the aforementioned memoirs of a blood-hunting wolf before my essai at lycanthropy. So my failure is all your fault ......

Old 10-28-2005, 02:21 PM   #37
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate Beckinsale
but I do not eagerly devour every word you write
Well, I imagine most of your problems in life, Werewolf and other, can be attributed to that.

Such lack of interest in my words indicates a deep seated resentment of wisdom and demonstrates a lack of good taste.
Old 10-28-2005, 02:32 PM   #38
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Think you're Mr Know-it-all?

Oh get over you

Old 10-28-2005, 02:42 PM   #39
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Oh, I've tried, I really have- but no matter how hard I try I just can't wish away my feelings for myself. That's part of being in love.

Not to mention, if I succeeded in "getting over myself", I wouldn't be the phantom anymore. That's like asking Tom Bombadil to stop singing silly songs.

And, while I am here, I thought I'd mention that my Dream Team village in WW XII lived up to my expectations. I really did enjoy watching the action each day. Great performances all around- worthy of Dream Team consideration from top to bottom.
Old 10-28-2005, 03:10 PM   #40
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Here goes:

Mod: phantom - Need I say more? It's a close race between playing with him and having him mod, though...

Wolves:

Myself - If I could pick for myself a role this would be it. Ever since the first game *refuses to go off on a tangent* I've wanted to have another shot at this role. I can't say how good I'd be at it, but if voting records are any kind of indication I could last quite a while - apparently I'm not a terribly suspicious person, as I've never been lynched since WWI.

Fea - Fea has proven herself to be very good at this role, and besides, I'd rather have her on my side. For once I'd know what the heck she's playing at. Besides, I think people have gotten to a point where they mostly suspect her for being her, rather than for reasons.

Oromin - She's a great quiet wolf to have around.

Seer: Boromir88 - now he'd be a powerful enemy. His performance in IIX was superb.

Ranger: Morm - he's a very astute player, I think he could play this role well. He may even make a save. (Am I the only one who's ever done that? I haven't paid much attention to the recent games.)

Hunter: Eomer - I think his performance in XII speaks for itself.

Cursed: Nilpaurion - I'd love to see him pull off that switch.

Others:

Saucepan - what's a game without SpM?
Fordim - I rather miss having him around. A great loudmouth, full of stretegies.
Kath - A game just doesn't seem quite complete without her.
Kitanna - Same as Kath. Another great backbone player
LMP - Another great player to have around...
TORE - If there was a cobbler, he'd be it, but otherwise a great player.
Esty - played brilliantly in XII.
Kuru - It's been too long since I've played in a game with him.
Gurthang - Another great player - and if I had a bear he'd be it.

There are definitely people I've left out here, sadly - I wish I could include about ten more. I also wish I knew more about some of the players who have only played in games IX and following, since I don't know anything about most of you except for some hearsay.
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote