Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-16-2003, 02:37 PM   #641
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Ealasaide has just left Hobbiton.
Thumbs up

Okay - sounds good. Thanks, Nerindel! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

(Also, Nerindel, have you been getting my PM's? I notice that I have not received answers to the last three I sent (the last one in response to yours), so I am beginning to wonder. Please let me know! Thanks. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img])

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 3:44 PM December 16, 2003: Message edited by: Ealasaide ]
Old 12-20-2003, 09:13 PM   #642
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Um, I hate to be a pain, but does Maethor need to be doing anything? The reason I ask this is the last time I posted for him was on the first of December and technically I'm out of the game because "Any character that goes missing for a two week period of time can be 'killed off' or 'lost' and will be out of the game."

This is not saying I want to be out of the game, because I don't, I just don't know what to do with him, you know? There hasn't really been any opportunity to post with him.

I hadn't realized it had been so long since I posted for him...

Old 12-21-2003, 04:45 AM   #643
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Nerindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Sting

Imladris Sorry about that, I have so much to do and not enough time to do it in, The next move for Meathor, Léspheria and Amandur, would be to get across the bridge and into the Troll shaw as this is where I think Naiore et all are hiding and I think Naiore has set things up for an encounter???

I was planning to write something for Amandur but I was waiting for the Lone lands group to catch up to see where Rauthain would fit in, because I beleive Elora has also began to set things up for a scene between Barrold and Rauthain.

If you like you can take us into the Troll shaws and into the night setting up camp somewhere, where Lespheria will alert the group that she senses Naiore is near. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Hilde, EalasaideDúlrains post is up. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Pio please could you place the following post before Everdawns post of December 17, 2003 01:29AM, Thank you. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Toby

After reporting to Naiore Toby huddled himself against the bowel of a nearby tree, but he could find no comfort. The closer they got to this place Naiore called Imladris , the more uneasy he had become and now with the revelation that she was bringing reinforcements, which should have to his mind abated his anxiety, but now he found it only increased it, bringing the dawning that they where now dispensable and he had no doubt that if things went awry she and the others would leave him to his own fate, without a second thought.

He fumbled about in his pack for something to eat, food always helped to calm his nerves enabling him to think clearly. "Keep quiet, my hill rat," Toby turned at Barrold's hard words and narrowing his eyes he crunched hard on the apple, but as Barrold shifted he leaned back against the tree, "Hill rat!" he snorted indignantly, "Least I'm no murderer!" he mumbled to himself. staring hard at Barrolds back.

As he chewed through the apple he thought about their pursuers, the Bounty hunter Kaldir and his two female companions, one of which to his surprise was a hobbit, had now been joined by Dúlrain, a ranger that Toby was acquainted with, he kept his thoughts on this group, although he feared the bounty hunter he knew the ranger Dúlrain was a just sort, even when the ranger him thrown in the lock holes for thieving, he had made sure that the judgement was fair and fitting with his crime.

Casting a scrupulous gaze over the others, he wondered if some reward would be placed on Barrold and Avanill for killing the old man, Tallas? and if he could use their crimes against them, after all he was a victim of mere coincidence, a prisoner of his fear and had committed no crimes that would warrant his death! Perhaps during one of his scoutings he could secretly treat with the ranger. But then his gaze fell on Vanwe and he shivered, not from the chill night air, but from the images of Naiore's assaults on her own flesh and blood, if she did this to her own what evils would she bestow on someone who betrayed her?

But as he looked at the young elf, he felt himself pitying her, The first time he witnessed Naiore's brutal treatment of her daughter he had been physically sick, never before had he seen the like and he found himself several times after fighting the urge to cry out for Naiore to stop, his cowardice the only thing keeping him in check. Before he even realised what he was doing he had lifted his water skin and was walking towards Vanwe.

At his approach she looked up, he shivered violently as her serene expression matched that of her mothers. "Here you should drink something," he fumbled holding the skin out to her, but her blue eyes just stared at him blankly. "It's just water " he said taking a drink to assure her. "You should keep up your strength!" he whispered looking over his shoulder to make sure no-one else could hear him. Hesitantly she took the skin and drank deeply, With what was the beginnings of a smile on his lips he turned to leave, but stopped as the elf spoke.

"Thank you."

He did not turn back, but those two little words stirred emotions in him that he thought were long dead, killed when he had betrayed his fellow hobbits and listened to the honeyed promises of old sharky, now so long ago in his memory. Guilt, pain and regret soon followed, After the scouring of the Shire Toby had only helped himself, but this night Vanwe's words had made him feel good and as he lay down to sleep he resolved that if he should happen on one of the rangers he would leave some clearer clue for them to follow, that they may save the young woman from the fate her mother was shaping for her.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 5:56 AM December 21, 2003: Message edited by: Nerindel ]
Old 12-21-2003, 05:29 AM   #644
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Hilde Bracegirdle has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I apologize, as I feel that I am holding this up. I will try to get Rauthain's done ASAP.
Old 12-21-2003, 01:50 PM   #645
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Tolkien

That's okay Nerindel. I well understand the feeling of being busy! I'm currently quite sick right now, so it might take a day or two to actually get a decent post up for Maethor.

Cheers!
Istawen

Edit: I did a little something for Maethor. I know it's not much, but I suppose it'll do. Oh, and Merry Christmas to all!

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 4:03 PM December 21, 2003: Message edited by: Imladris ]

Old 12-21-2003, 04:03 PM   #646
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Nerindel

Your post is in place. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I want to let everyone know I've extended the closing date for the RPG. (Holidays and Elora being gone)

Can you aim now for 01/31? And of course with the possibility of extension should you need it.

Great writing as always! I continue to enjoy the unfolding of the story.

~*~ Pio
Old 12-22-2003, 09:18 AM   #647
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Thumbs up

Yikes! I am away from the computer for a day and a half and everybody posts!!! Great stuff. I will try to get posts up for Benia and Kaldir ASAP.

Thanks for the extension, Pio. We will do our best to wrap it up by the end of January. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-28-2003, 07:31 AM   #648
Elora
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elora has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hey ho one and all!

Wonderful reading and I hope my post proves not problematic or disappointing.

I would have had the orcs attack that morning, but reasoned that they are Misty Mountain orcs and so would be very reluctant to do anything beneath the sun. So, orc and Naiore and co will fall on Rangers at nightfall.

I've also dispatched Vanwe to Imladris, and had the foresight (rare) to prepare a post that will deal with Menecin's sighting of Vanwe.

Let me know if any wish also to sight/encounter Vanwe on her way. I see her as moving almost like a vision, fey seeming, through the trees towards Imladris as she struggles with herself.

I'll hold off on writing anything until nightfall reaches us.

It's good to be back. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Characters: Rosmarin: Lady of Cardolan; Lochared: Vagabond of Dunland; Simra: Daughter of Khand; Naiore: Lady of the Sweet Swan; Menecin: Bard of the Singing Seas; Vanwe: Lost Maiden; Ronnan: Lord of Thieves; and, Uien of the Twilight
Old 12-28-2003, 11:17 AM   #649
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Sting

Hey, Elora! Welcome back!
I have not had a chance to read your post, so I don't know if it will affect me or not. I had planned to post with Kaldir as soon as I could find a minute to myself and advance the Lonelands group to Rivendell. If there is a time-frame conflict, I can always have Pio place my post above yours.

Sorry, everybody, for holding things up. I have had a massive influx of relatives in to visit & have not had any writing time at all. I will try my best to get a post or two up on the thread tonight!
Old 12-28-2003, 10:32 PM   #650
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Sting

Okay...I have finally posted & moved Kaldir's group to the borders of Rivendell.

Hilde - Rauthain is still on Naiore's trail in the Lonelands.

Hilde & Nerindel - Gilly and Dulrain are with Benia and Kaldir just outside Rivendell's border. Kaldir plans to deliver Dulrain into the hands of elven healers as soon as possible (i.e. daybreak). He hopes to keep Gilly and Benia with him outside Rivendell, but will no longer force them to stay with him if they wish to leave.

If there is anything in my post I need to change, please let me know. Thanks for everyone's patience! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 12-29-2003, 08:16 AM   #651
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Sting

Ummm, Elora... I was debating whether to say anything or not since I liked your post so much, but I decided for continuity's sake I had better go ahead and mention that there were only four orcs in the group who encountered Gilly & Benia in the Lonelands. All four were killed by Dulrain with no survivors.
Old 12-29-2003, 11:30 PM   #652
Elora
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Hmmmm, no worries. Will edit. I figure that whilst there were only 4 orcs encountered, a larger contingent would have known of their fate and Naiore would have sensed the turmoil of conflict in them.

[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Characters: Rosmarin: Lady of Cardolan; Lochared: Vagabond of Dunland; Simra: Daughter of Khand; Naiore: Lady of the Sweet Swan; Menecin: Bard of the Singing Seas; Vanwe: Lost Maiden; Ronnan: Lord of Thieves; and, Uien of the Twilight
Old 12-30-2003, 08:48 AM   #653
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Sting

Okay...whatever works. They were part of a larger group - probably your group - but had gotten separated and lost, which is why they were bickering and running around in circles.
I don't know how the other orcs would know of their fate as there were no other orcs in the immediate area, certainly not close enough to have seen Gilly and Benia.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 9:52 AM December 30, 2003: Message edited by: Ealasaide ]
Old 12-30-2003, 05:11 PM   #654
Elora
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

I thought it more than likely that the band of orcs would have been using scouts, being as they are in decidedly enemy territory in the surrounds of Imladris.

The four who met their ends split from the larger group to pursue sport following a scout's report. The others remained with the larger group, though by no means were they not in favour of the sport the 4 went after. Simply, they were more afraid of their leader.

[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-30-2003, 08:29 PM   #655
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Sting

ok I'm lost again! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Ealasaide when you say they made their camp outside the boundries of the fair realm, does this mean they have not yet crossed the ford?

Elora Naiore et all are hidden somewhere in the troll shaws close to the ford or a few hours away,is this right?

And Is Naiore going to have the two ranger groups attacked separately or are Kaldir et all going to be close enough to Lespheria's group (who will be ready to cross the ford by night fall) to aid them when Naiores orcs attack?????

My original plan was to have Amandur and Maethor hold off the orc's while Léspheria crosses the ford and hurries to Imaldris, but Elora it looks like you have other plans, please let me know if you what an encounter between Naiore and Lespheria before she reaches her kin.
Old 12-31-2003, 03:10 PM   #656
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Sting

Nerindel - no, they have not yet crossed the ford. If this mucks up anything you already had planned, please let me know. It would only take me a few seconds to do an edit. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Basically, I can put them anywhere anyone needs them to be!

Elora - okay! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-02-2004, 05:06 PM   #657
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Sting

Hmm...I thought that Naiore and crew were north-east of Imladris already. I'm quite curious to find out where indeed they are, as is Rauthain. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-02-2004, 05:19 PM   #658
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Tolkien

Yes, I'm quite confuzzled as well. Aren't we going to be attacked by orcs pretty soon too?

The main point of this post, besides the fact that I'm slightly hazy on the details, is to notify everyone that I'm still here and haven't disappeared.

Old 01-03-2004, 11:25 PM   #659
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Sting

Ok, Amandurs post is up and the orcs are attacking. I will post for Léspheria once I see Naiores next move. [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

But I have put saves up for Toby and Dulrain, after Vanwes silent plea, Naiore's treatment of Barrold and the realisation that he is repeating the same mistakes of his past, he will sneak away and be caught by Kaldir et all or he may even seek them out, still undecided on this.

Dulrains post will incorporate both Ealasaide and Hildes last posts and add to his growing affections for Benia and the realistaion that Kaldir too has feelings for the southern woman, and will end with the finding of Toby.

I will try to fill these saves as soon as possible, if not tomorrow it will be tuesday.
Old 01-04-2004, 12:22 AM   #660
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

OK, now would be a time for Avanill to decide to do something. Im just in a predicament over whether he should get captured or wait to get betrayed by Naiore, however, i feel that Avanill would be more perceptive than that as he already beginning to suspect that something is going to happen to him.

I just dont want him to die, but i do want him to lie and cheat or possibly kill his way out of it. What do you guys think?

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 01-04-2004, 06:40 AM   #661
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Sting

Imladris What the !!!!! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] It would never happen, For one Amandur said to pull back if they became over powered and he would see to Maethor's safety before his own.

It's a great post, I'm just sorry to see Maethor leave our ranks in such a horrific manner. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Everdawn Just to let you know, both Amandur and Dúlrain will wish to take Avanill in for the murder of Tallas.
Old 01-04-2004, 07:10 AM   #662
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Sting

Ack! Imladris,what have you done?! Here I was supressing the urge to shout medic and wondering if his tetnus booster was up to date and then I read the last lines. Holy Snikeys! Rauthain will be seriously upset. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

(I hope that this is not a part of some ill-advised New Year's Resolution regarding the Downs! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] )
Old 01-04-2004, 12:00 PM   #663
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Tolkien

Yikes, calm down you guys!!! Let me first explain all this.

Maethor was a bit busy don't you think, and I'm sure that Amandur was as well.

And how many orcs were there? I tried to find at least a general number and failed. Ah well...

How many thing go according to plan in battle? Here is a group of orcses (sorry, coudn't resist mate) and two men, rangers albeit but also men. I don't think it's relistic to have them holding off orcs that outnumber them. It couldn't happen! In movies yes but not so in real life. Especially when you are in the open and easily circled.

I was adding a bit of realism to the game...plus a little plot twist. It just seems to me that the whole hero stuff is overrated. Sure rangers could fight extraordinarily well -- but they were still only human. If, maybe, they were fighting upon a bridge where only two could have come upon at a time, Maethor wouldn't have died. A little tragedy adds a lot to the story, I say. And what could be more tragic than a ranger who has had nothing to do with Naiore before all this and who has a gentle and kind heart?

Quote:
I hope that this is not a part of some ill-advised New Year's Resolution regarding the Downs!
Oh no, you'll still see me around just as obsessively as before! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Old 01-04-2004, 12:10 PM   #664
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Quote:
With a struggling gasp, Maethor glanced towards the ford. A rainbow shimmered in its waters.
Well done, Imladris!

Can't wait to see the other characters' reactions.
Old 01-05-2004, 02:24 AM   #665
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Quote:
Maethor’s head rolled upon the ground
Dude! Nice death! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Anyhow...

Yes i suppose they will want to get Avanill wont they. Hmmm, ok, i can work with that, i need to perpare some htings in my mind first.

Is Elora still on holidays?

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 10:03 PM January 05, 2004: Message edited by: Everdawn ]

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 01-05-2004, 09:37 PM   #666
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Sting

Yikes! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] I'm away from the computer for one day and we lose one of our companions!!! Sorry to lose you and Maethor so abruptly, Imladris. I guess Maethor won't be helping out Vanwe after all, eh? Too bad!

Excellent posts, all! I will wait to post again until Nerindel fills those saves. (I thought we banned saves on this game?!?) Anyway, good work, everyone! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-07-2004, 07:24 AM   #667
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Sting

Ellora are you out there? I am beginning to wonder if you are having some difficulties, for it has been a while since we have heard from you. I hope that all is well.

I hope also that Rauthain's location is alright by everyone. I figure that he is still a good deal north west of the ford, but do feel free to have him pop up in your posts if you'd like. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 8:48 AM January 07, 2004: Message edited by: Hilde Bracegirdle ]
Old 01-07-2004, 12:25 PM   #668
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Tolkien

Death does come abruptly, doesn't it?

Thank you for all the compliments for the death...inspiration struck me when I was brushing my teeth (interesting place for the Muse to strike, eh?). I will still be reading the game, though...it's very interesting.

Cheers all!
Imladris

Old 01-07-2004, 05:46 PM   #669
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Quote:
Elora are you out there? I am beginning to wonder if you are having some difficulties, for it has been a while since we have heard from you. I hope that all is well.
And now im getting worried that she got attacked by some Nazgûl getting off the plane or something! Especially since im in the dark about what is happening to our party next!

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 01-07-2004, 05:58 PM   #670
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Sting

From what I had understood, she was back by December 26th or there abouts and had been catching up on the RPG's.

Let's hope that she has just locked herself in a room with a pencil and a ream of paper and is busily writing away! Or has some other similarly pleasant distraction.
Old 01-07-2004, 08:56 PM   #671
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Sting

Ok everyone my saves are filled. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Ealasaide the snapping twigs is a tired Toby. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Imladris it was good writing with you and good luck with your Moria Rpg it looks great. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-08-2004, 10:36 AM   #672
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Thumbs up

Nerindel - thanks for the heads up! And great post. It gives me quite a lot to work with. I will try to have something up there in the next day or so if all goes according to plan. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-09-2004, 09:24 PM   #673
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Sting

I have posted with Kaldir and Benia. Toby has been nabbed and is now in the custody of Kaldir and Dulrain.

(A perfect instance of good cop/bad cop, eh?)

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 11:57 PM January 09, 2004: Message edited by: Ealasaide ]
Old 01-10-2004, 01:10 AM   #674
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

OK i dont mean to be a bother,(or sound like an airhead-blonde) "But im totally stressing out here right now!"

Did Elora leave any note with anyone on her specific intentions with her part of the game? Becuase Avanill at the moment is in situ. I dont want to change anything drastically incase it wrecks something and i dont want Avanill to abandon the part at this point in time.

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 01-10-2004, 01:15 AM   #675
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

&gt;

By the way, I love the posts between Benia and Kaldir, im just like "awww". I hope there is a happy ending for them both after this.

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 01-10-2004, 01:16 AM   #676
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Let me PM Elora and see when she'll be able to get back to this game and her other one.

I do know she said she could not play in the Game in Gondor because of being very busy this week, and possibly next.

Let me see what i can find out from her.

~*~ Pio
Old 01-10-2004, 08:14 AM   #677
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Sting

Hilde & I both already have sent PM's to Elora, regarding whether or not she will be able to continue. I hope she answers one of us soon.

Everdawn - thanks! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 9:17 AM January 10, 2004: Message edited by: Ealasaide ]
Old 01-11-2004, 02:57 PM   #678
Elora
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

WOW [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

So much has happened and here I was thinking a week or so would make little difference to the flow of the RP. Foolish me.

Imladris, wonderful post! Sorry to see you go. I was looking forward further to Vanwe's interaction with your character. But your character and your call. Besides, with such a well written post, there is no merit in my own plans to ask you to reconsider.

For those still in the land of the living, applause to you also and my sincere apologies.

Yes, I did land back at my home very late on the 23rd. Due to a case of jetlag (after a 22 hour flight and 3 days spent in transit at various airport hells) and christmas, it was a further few days before I could get back to Barrow Downs. Family came first, given that I had been absent for 19 days or so.

On New Years Eve, I was called away at short notice. So short, I could not get a P.M fired off. I had to go a-visiting places to promote my profile as an author, places with little internet facilities for the likes of me. In Australia there are lots of places where Internet consists of an antiquate terminal crowed by a line of patiently waiting people determined not to give up on the promised wonder of the technological age and defying the temptation to give up and write a letter instead (be a lot quicker than internet).

So, my net time was sporadicas a result. Now, I am back in my chair for another 2 weeks at least and I shall not be dropping the ball in play during that time.

My apologies once again, but such are the occupational and regional hazards of my job and home. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-11-2004, 04:39 PM   #679
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Sting

Excellent post, Elora! Good to have you back! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 01-11-2004, 06:22 PM   #680
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

*Everdawn is VERY VERY relieved* ok now that ive recovered from my heart attack. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] WELCOME BACk Elora!...
I had no idea you live in Australia, me too! anyway, back to business i guess.

~My lord, Éomer~