Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2011, 09:20 AM   #241
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
On the same note– Mnemo, please let me know if I'm writing Rollan all right in my last post.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:43 AM   #242
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Mnemosyne Send a message via Yahoo to Mnemosyne
Nerwen, Rollan looks just fine.

I won't be able to post until later tonight, likely.
Old 03-21-2011, 11:21 AM   #243
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Amdír has made it back as far as Lamedon Square, and could return with Branor and Therian--assuming they are sober and compliant enough to head back to the Inn with him.

And, in an interesting twist of fate, my character on the Lamedon Square Market is played by me for the first time in this "alternate" reality.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:12 PM   #244
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ang
phantom, if and when those letters ever get to Aldarion, shall I PM you what they say?
Aldarion has approached Rollan, so I'd say he's about to have the letters handed over. Go ahead and PM any time.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:22 PM   #245
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Dim, I'm afraid I got carried away a little and left us in another nice pickle. Good luck with trying to keep Coldan out of a fight!
And you'll like to know (although our characters don't yet) that the customer in the white livery is none other than Bergil son of Beregond - now a man of thirty, serving in the White Company of Ithilien under his father, and currently on leave to visit his relations in the city for Cormare. Involve him in any way you please.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:24 PM   #246
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Really excellent post Pitchwife. I'm speculating the mysterious fellow in white is a member of Faramir's White Company? Possibly a grown-up Bergil?

I love and share Coldan's outrage

phantom, I shall send you Aldarion's letters in a minute

EDIT: ha ha ha we honestly crossed
Old 03-21-2011, 06:27 PM   #247
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Form, while I'm sure Amdir would make sure Branor and Therian do return back to the inn in one piece, they would also like to keep their jobs. So, Branor will at least deny you so he can continue the investigation of hobbits, what Therian does will be up to Fea.
Old 03-21-2011, 08:19 PM   #248
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Btw, I'm trying not to read posts too closely if they don't involve my character, as I believe it will be easier at the end of things to truly be in the dark than to try and fake it (in short, if your report to the playwright gets some details wrong, he won't know to correct it). I'll be rereading sections only after we reach what I consider to be a good point of reflection.
Old 03-21-2011, 08:30 PM   #249
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
But you're missing out on some well crafted misogyny!
Old 03-21-2011, 08:33 PM   #250
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Well...your last post was just pure wind-driven snow Truth
Old 03-21-2011, 08:44 PM   #251
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Truth

Old 03-21-2011, 08:46 PM   #252
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

ahaha "You hound!"
Old 03-22-2011, 03:29 AM   #253
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Quote:
I don't think this Master of the Revels is nearly as friendly towards us as Amlach
The old Master of the Revels was Hallas, Amlach is Aldarion's cool actor friend from Dol Amroth
Old 03-22-2011, 04:48 AM   #254
Dimturiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Dimturiel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Dimturiel Send a message via Yahoo to Dimturiel
I've done my best to at least propose a sollution to our little mess, Pitch. But I don't think Coldan's going to be too happy with poor Harry now.
Old 03-22-2011, 11:22 AM   #255
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Hi people, sorry for disappearing (I was away for a weekend and then it took me some time to catch up) but I should be around again now. Trying to post later today - I have to check if there's interesting for me to write about. Anyway, the posts you have written meanwhile are hilarious, I was actually giggling at my laptop alone in my room.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:51 PM   #256
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimturiel View Post
I don't think Coldan's going to be too happy with poor Harry now.
Never mind, I am! I took the liberty to let Harry do most of the talking to Bergil - seems logical to me, Gondorian and all; hope I did it right for you.
Should we actually write out the following conversation with Bergil, or just have Collie and Harry report it when they get back, so as not to repeat ourselves?

Ang - very observant!

Boro/Fea, I can't wait to find out who that old man is!
Old 03-22-2011, 04:56 PM   #257
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

let's see if I can keep up my form. I don't think the Crazy Old Man's a canon character, but if he is, I suppose he might be the herb-master fallen on hard times...

Wait, he's looking for his lost wife...a cunningly disguised Ent?
Old 03-22-2011, 08:42 PM   #258
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel View Post
let's see if I can keep up my form. I don't think the Crazy Old Man's a canon character, but if he is, I suppose he might be the herb-master fallen on hard times...
Geez, how old is he then?!

Or maybe he's the Gondorian version of the ancient man who said "The way is shut".
Old 03-23-2011, 05:10 AM   #259
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
My guess is that it's Tom Bombadil in disguise, since he knows about the Barrows. His wife is in the water, hence finding her in the clouds.

Am I right, Fea?
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 03-23-2011, 05:17 AM   #260
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelyn Telcontar View Post
My guess is that it's Tom Bombadil in disguise, since he knows about the Barrows. His wife is in the water, hence finding her in the clouds.
Also cause he's babbling random rhymes?
Old 03-23-2011, 05:35 AM   #261
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Very good, Esty, but I'd be very surprised to see the Master so far from his forest...?
Old 03-23-2011, 08:44 AM   #262
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

I've got it - he's an enigma!
Old 03-23-2011, 09:07 AM   #263
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Or it's just a Crazy Old Man, looking for his misplaced wife?
Old 03-23-2011, 09:43 AM   #264
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Bwahahahahahahaha I'll never tell!
Old 03-23-2011, 12:37 PM   #265
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Well, it's not much of an update, because school is eating me this week, but Amdír has made it to the inn, so the "fun times" can begin. I don't think there's any need for me to post before Anguirel gets underway, now that Amdír is present. The good carpenter's reaction to Lord Cirdacil's presence is just as easily done once I/he know what the Master of Revels wants.
Old 03-23-2011, 12:40 PM   #266
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Might put up a "Waiting for Cirdacil" post, just to keep things moving, but I'm also waiting on Anguirel or at least what Aldarion got in his letter. I'm not, at this point, planning on showing whatever conversation takes place between Brinn and Rollan... just want to see them ready for whatever's dished out next.
Old 03-23-2011, 12:50 PM   #267
Dimturiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Dimturiel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Dimturiel Send a message via Yahoo to Dimturiel
Your post was great,Pitch. I guess we could just have the two report what they hear from Bergil directly to the others instead of writing the actual conversation. If we do this, does that mean that our next post will be of Harry and Collie() returning to the inn?
Old 03-23-2011, 01:19 PM   #268
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

I was also playing the waiting game, but if everyone prefers, I can "cut" to Cirdacil addressing the company - minus the four adventurers? - in the courtyard

EDIT: though yes perhaps a reactive phantom post would be fun
Old 03-23-2011, 01:44 PM   #269
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
EDIT: though yes perhaps a reactive phantom post would be fun
I'll post something in the next 30 minutes. Also sending you a PM, Ang.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:16 PM   #270
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimturiel View Post
If we do this, does that mean that our next post will be of Harry and Collie() returning to the inn?
Yeah, let's make it so. Take them back if you like.
(PS. - I used to have a collie as my avvie when I first joined the Downs...)
Old 03-23-2011, 03:00 PM   #271
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

My last post-

I didn't detail Aldarion's thoughts because I needed the contents of the letters to remain a secret. I wrote what witnesses would see instead (Asta is in the hall, yes, and still Rollan maybe, and perhaps Sereth too?).
Old 03-23-2011, 03:16 PM   #272
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I do not like the looks of this at all. :P

If anyone wants me to fix anything in the waiting post, let me know.
Old 03-23-2011, 04:12 PM   #273
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Or it's just a Crazy Old Man, looking for his misplaced wife?
"Hmmm... now where did I put her?..."
Old 03-24-2011, 08:57 AM   #274
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

I have copy/pasted all crossover posts into the Market game thread for ease of reading. Enjoy!

-Fea
Old 03-24-2011, 04:13 PM   #275
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Sorry for my gross dereliction of duty - got home late and have to be up early tomorrow *insert yawning smiley*. Probably won't be able to post tomorrow either, since I'll be going there and meeting with The Might. Better on weekend, I promise.
In the meantime, Dim, feel free to use Coldan if you need him; same goes for everybody else, once we're back at the inn.
Old 03-24-2011, 04:52 PM   #276
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

I'll be able to get Bran and Therian back to the Inn to tell Brinn what they found on the hobbits either tonight or tomorrow morning. Then I'm going away again this weekend so Branor will be free to use as needed.
Old 03-24-2011, 05:56 PM   #277
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Yay Nerwen for mentioning my character - I really get into this vicious circle that I'm not involved because I'm busy, then I don't write because I'm involved, and so on. I'm afraid I will again have a busy weekend but I should be able to write tomorrow and on Sunday evening. And I'm going to write now as soon as I've read Ang's post properly.

PS. Phantom sorry for not reacting to your cue earlier, I was not around. If you want to, you can edit your post to say that Sereth didn't notice Aldarion, or either that she shook her head in reply. But you can also leave it be, it's fine.
Old 03-24-2011, 06:29 PM   #278
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Crossed Dim and wondering if editing is necessary? No?

Also, anybody, feel free to overhear Sereth. She was whispering, but I think she's annoyed enough to accidentally whisper a bit too loudly.
Old 03-25-2011, 02:54 AM   #279
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

no one seems to have reacted to Cirdacil firing Amdir...?

EDIT: also I wouldn't really describe the brusque Cirdacil as oily myself, though the son's another matter

Last edited by Anguirel; 03-25-2011 at 02:59 AM.
Old 03-25-2011, 04:48 PM   #280
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Nerwen - please tell me if you want me to correct something I said about Asta in my latest post. However also please notice that Sereth seems to be seeing everything from a rather twisted point of view.

Everybody, but especiallyAng - Sereth is following Sador so you can make something out of it (Sador noticing her and starting to talk to her, Brinn noticing that Sereth is slipping away and yelling at her to stay or whatever) but take into account that the next time I can write is sometime on Sunday evening (European time of course), so just make sure you're not making yourselves wait by trying to interact with my character. Also, I don't mind if you use her, I will only complain if you do it the wrong way.