Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2008, 01:34 AM   #1001
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
Finishing Thorn is a job for either you Folwren, I'd say.

I'll help out with them wagons o' war.
I take it you meant, "either me, OR Folwren, right? If so, I don't quite agree. Gwath, you're a full player in this now, so your ideas would be helpful too. So do you have any suggestions as to what would be the best way to proceed, Gwath or Foley?
Old 08-16-2008, 11:17 AM   #1002
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Ah. Yes, that is what I meant. As to the ideas...I'll ponder it.
Old 08-23-2008, 12:44 PM   #1003
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
The plot is hereby twisted one last time. Gwath, I suppose it's your turn.
Old 08-23-2008, 01:27 PM   #1004
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Good! I'm glad somebody's doing that. I've been wanting to do it the whole game!
Old 08-23-2008, 04:14 PM   #1005
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor

Whoa...that took me very much by surprise.
Old 08-23-2008, 11:16 PM   #1006
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

LMP, would you do us the honor of writing Thorn's last earthly moment? I almost did, but thought you might like to. Besides, you'd do it better than I.
Old 08-24-2008, 05:53 PM   #1007
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Very good post, Gwath! I will write for both Thorn and Ulfast within the next few days.
Old 08-25-2008, 08:45 PM   #1008
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Ah, Elempi! You almost made me cry. If I could rep you, I would...

-- Foley
Old 08-25-2008, 08:47 PM   #1009
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Same here (the repping, not the almost crying). I'm sorry to see Thorn go (though Jord isn't...).
Old 08-26-2008, 04:37 AM   #1010
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Thank you.

And now for the final posts - I did some research and find no record in Tolkien whether Uldor or Ulfast or both survive the Battle and rule in Dorthonion, although I see that Brodda did. So we can have it that either one kills the other, or both kill each other, or neither, before the treason. Which way shall we go with it?

And Tathren has to appear before Caranthir; after that, I think this is concluded.
Old 08-26-2008, 06:44 AM   #1011
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Uldor at least can not be killed by his brothers' treachery...although I harbored that thought from the very beginning. The Silmarillion says Uldor was killed by Maglor during the battle. I'm sorry. I wanted him to be murdered by one of his brothers, too.
Old 08-26-2008, 09:53 AM   #1012
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Shoot! I wish I had remembered that little fact when Uldor asked Thorn for a prohpecy. It would have made a scintillating once. Grrr.

Okay, we could have Ulfast attack Uldor but be killed instead. Thoughts?
Old 08-26-2008, 10:19 AM   #1013
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I could see that as being possible. I believe Uldor himself could take on Ulfast, even without any help from some guards. I always imagined Uldor the superior of all his brothers.

Maybe I'll post something for Uldor in the next couple days. School just started yesterday and I have classes all afternoon today and tomorrow, and I don't know yet what sort of homework load I will have. So we'll see.

-- Foley
Old 09-01-2008, 07:57 PM   #1014
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Good post, Elempi.

I never got that promised post up, did I? Well, well, I'll try harder this week.

-- Foley
Old 09-07-2008, 01:29 PM   #1015
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I have edited my last post, securing the end of Ulfast's life into the bargain. This goes as some kind of odd accomplishment, for I have succeeded in killing off all three of my characters.
Old 09-07-2008, 06:05 PM   #1016
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet View Post
This goes as some kind of odd accomplishment, for I have succeeded in killing off all three of my characters.
I am in awe...but mostly of the fact that you even had THREE characters to begin with.
Old 09-07-2008, 07:04 PM   #1017
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
I am in awe...but mostly of the fact that you even had THREE characters to begin with.
Oh, I don't know. I was originally asked to play that Elf lord (can't even remember his name anymore), then I got a notion of a prophet kind of character I wanted to write, and then Celuien had to leave and therefore someone was needed to handle Ulfast, so I volunteered. So it goes.
Old 09-07-2008, 07:28 PM   #1018
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet View Post
Oh, I don't know. I was originally asked to play that Elf lord (can't even remember his name anymore), then I got a notion of a prophet kind of character I wanted to write, and then Celuien had to leave and therefore someone was needed to handle Ulfast, so I volunteered. So it goes.
Yeah...pretty much. I'm glad you joined.

But now...now you're this much closer to leaving the Downs! That's not what bothers me so much. I wish I would have posted and then you might not have rushed at the end. I was looking forward to a proper fight between Ulfast and Uldor. Oh well. Serves me right for not sitting down and writing something.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:40 AM   #1019
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
Yeah...pretty much. I'm glad you joined.

But now...now you're this much closer to leaving the Downs! That's not what bothers me so much. I wish I would have posted and then you might not have rushed at the end. I was looking forward to a proper fight between Ulfast and Uldor. Oh well. Serves me right for not sitting down and writing something.
Sorry about that. I guess Ulfast gets credit for taking the initiative, at any rate.
Old 09-21-2008, 11:33 PM   #1020
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Ladies and gentlemen, please step over to the story-thread and check out the latest installment of (what has effectively become) the Gwath and Foley show.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:14 AM   #1021
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Sorry I have been waiting for another opportunity to post....

Actually since the main hall is probably where Tathren laid out Lachrandir's body I should post for him having left the area temporarily since I imagine he should not have witnessed Ulfast's death.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace

Last edited by Mithalwen; 09-22-2008 at 06:34 AM.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:40 AM   #1022
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Ladies and gentlemen, please step over to the story-thread and check out the latest installment of (what has effectively become) the Gwath and Foley show.
Scarcely that, even. It's practically entirely abandoned.

Let's get Tathren bundled off to Caranthir with Uldor's answer - that is, the Ulfings will fight for him. And then we'll get a post up about Uldor finally giving Jord her last interview, saying that he will stay true to Morgoth and in the end, fight for him...

And then, we can finish up with either one epilogue or an epilogue for everybody.

That being said, I can't post right now. I will try to in the near future, but school studies and homework and then other RL business has been weighing me down. I'll make a concerted effort to post this week.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:15 AM   #1023
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Okies - lets get this wrapped up. I would like to a post for Lachrandir's pyre, in whgich all sorts of winding up can be incorporated. I will try and get hold of Ang and see if he will do Caranthir otherwise I may elide that sticky interview. .

Old 09-22-2008, 04:44 PM   #1024
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

If Ang is unavailable, I'd love to write Caranthir.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:34 AM   #1025
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

I haven't heard but if he doesn't get respond that would be fab

Old 10-28-2008, 02:01 PM   #1026
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
What is happening? My own role is now over but I would like to see the story end...
Old 10-28-2008, 02:42 PM   #1027
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Thanks for the reminder, we need to finish this up.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:45 PM   #1028
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Folwren, I think you probably ought to post next.
Old 10-29-2008, 06:47 AM   #1029
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Sorry I have been ill and everything has been neglected. Will amend now I seem to be hale and hearty once more.

Old 10-29-2008, 08:32 AM   #1030
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

You're probably rigth, Gwath, but I've been practically swallowed alive by school. I will try to get posting here in the near future.

Last edited by Folwren; 10-29-2008 at 08:35 AM.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:01 PM   #1031
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
You're probably rigth, Gwath, but I've been practically swallowed alive by school.
Me too.

Hey! Phil Keaggy! He did a concert here just a couple of weeks ago.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:48 PM   #1032
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

So we've now got a whole pile of dead bodies on our hands. Maybe we should skip forward a day or two and deal with the corpses through retrospective narration? Just to keep things moving...?
Old 11-11-2008, 07:06 AM   #1033
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Shall I post Lachrandir's pyre then?

Old 11-11-2008, 09:51 AM   #1034
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Terrific!
Old 11-16-2008, 12:50 AM   #1035
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
Shall I post Lachrandir's pyre then?
Yes, please do.

----------

We started this game 2 years ago. I think the storyline is nearly wrapped up and I'd like to see the final posts put in place in the next 4 weeks - by the 14th of December, if possible.

Noinkling and I will do a composite epilog post which will wrap up our characters involvement in the game.

Once Mithalwen's post about Lachrandir's pyre is on board, what else needs to be finished for the other characters? Gwathagor? Folwren?

~*~ piosenniel, Game Moderator
Old 11-16-2008, 08:42 PM   #1036
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Two years? Wow, you're right. Sorry.

I'll look at the game and see what needs to be done. I don't remember right now exactly. I'll get back to you.

-- Folwren
Old 11-17-2008, 07:08 AM   #1037
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Apart from the pyre, Tathren will have to go back to Caranthir I suppose. I have chased Ang to see if he will do this otherwise Gwath has volunteered.

Only loose end ... is the loot Lachrandir brought .. I think that still needs to be handed over.

Old 11-17-2008, 10:04 AM   #1038
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Anguirel made it fairly clear to me when he left that he would not participate further in this game. So, Gwathagor, if you would, please take on the character of Caranthir.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:36 PM   #1039
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

I'd love to.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:51 AM   #1040
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Cool. Everything looks great.

I wrote a post by hand yesterday when I couldn't sleep (because it was running around in my head) so sometime this morning when I've got my homework finished, I'll type it up and post it. It should hopefully move us smoothly into the next stage of the story - that is, sending Tathren off with the message to Caranthir and sending Jord off with her answer to Morgoth.

-- Folwren