The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2009, 03:33 PM   #41
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
The Game Thread looks very promising! You're making this a hard one for the wolves, aren't you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwe on the Game Thread
And if that person is a wolf, then he or she will not be able to join his or her fellows, which will lead to less carnage in the Night.
I think this could do with some explanation. Exactly how will it affect the Nightly kills if, say, one wolf of four is Guarded? Does it mean there will be only one kill that Night, same as if there were only three wolves left? And what about Nightly PMing?

Great that you put Form in the narration! That way his spirit will be with us, even though he can't play (sadly).
And I'm all for being in character as much as possible! I love that about the early games, as far as I've read 'em.

Do I need to mention that I'm also beginning to get very curious about those secret/modified roles?
Old 08-28-2009, 03:53 PM   #42
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
I think this could do with some explanation. Exactly how will it affect the Nightly kills if, say, one wolf of four is Guarded? Does it mean there will be only one kill that Night, same as if there were only three wolves left? And what about Nightly PMing?
Basically, the wolf is has to act as an ordo for the Night (The seer will still see him/her as a wolf). I can't say anything else for certain yet, because it depends on the number of people playing. And I can't tell you too much anyway.

Last edited by Eönwë; 08-29-2009 at 02:26 PM.
Eönwë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 04:02 PM   #43
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Important Update

Anyone who wishes to play who has not signed up must sign up within the next 36 hours.

Now don't say I didn't warn you...
Old 08-28-2009, 07:18 PM   #44
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Uhm, Eonwe, your Game Thread went up twice, just incase you hadn't seen....

Getting very very excited for this! Gonna be fun, love the secret roles, makes it so crazy!!!
Old 08-29-2009, 05:36 AM   #45
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots *dusts off suicidal tendencies*

With the understanding that I shall not be responsible for headaches and frustrations, I'm in.

Village fool already taken?
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 06:53 AM   #46
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilpaurion Felagund View Post
Village fool already taken?
Do you mean like jester or like this?

Last edited by Eönwë; 08-29-2009 at 06:57 AM.
Old 08-29-2009, 11:59 AM   #47
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
May I sneak in and sign up? As the village apothecary?
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 01:04 PM   #48
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
As an advanced warning Monday and Tuesday I won't be here for long, which means I'll be pretty much inactive.
Old 08-30-2009, 04:10 AM   #49
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Roles will be sent out before the beginning of Night 1 (22:00 GMT) today.

Last edited by Eönwë; 08-30-2009 at 05:56 AM.
Old 08-30-2009, 05:56 AM   #50
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Remember to go invisible
Old 08-30-2009, 01:58 PM   #51
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

All roles have been sent out. If you have any trouble with anything, PM me.

Night 1 will start in about 2 hours.
Old 08-30-2009, 04:01 PM   #52
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

It has begun.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:44 AM   #53
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Sorry but I don't think I have time to play.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:43 AM   #54
alonariel
Wight

alonariel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to alonariel Send a message via MSN to alonariel Send a message via Skype™ to alonariel
Just wanted to let you know I won't be around for the first several hours of Day 1 much.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:58 AM   #55
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Same here, due to the necessary evils of sleep and work, but I'll be around from about 1300 GMT to DL.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:10 PM   #56
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Unexpected recent circumstances dictate that I miss most of the Day. (Aka rubbish life is complicated.) I'll be around, but not much. Sorry.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 04:10 PM   #57
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Day 1 hath begun.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:54 PM   #58
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Boro- Nogrod signed up for the game by PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:32 PM   #59
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
Boro- Nogrod signed up for the game by PM.
Haha thanks, I was more or less just looking for something else to say besides offering you a pig.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:48 AM   #60
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Just so everyone knows, while I will be able to be around, my participation will be limited this week, specifically the first two Days. I'm packing up to fly cross country on the 2nd and then I'll be in the process of moving into an apartment. Once I arrive, I think my time will be better, in between moving the furniture...though I probably still won't have time for those long analyses that take me hours to write. I feel quite awful about my participation level these past few games, so I'll definitely try to do better this time around. This past month I've been moving one place to another and it's been quite hellish, so I'll be glad to be done with it.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:03 AM   #61
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
said it on the game thread, but suppose I should here as well. I'm only going to be around for the next hour, and then only for the hour before DL. Unexpected work stuff.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:52 AM   #62
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
Alona would like me to let you all know that her laptop is being repaired so she won't be able to post until toMorrow. She apologizes.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:56 AM   #63
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Is anybody else having problems with the forum server? I've been getting repeated time-out messages for about an hour now whenever I'm refreshing or going from one page of the thread to another. No problem with other websites. If I vanish from the game without a trace between now and DL, this will be the reason. Just so you won't hold it against me.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:11 PM   #64
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchie
Is anybody else having problems with the forum server? I've been getting repeated time-out messages for about an hour now whenever I'm refreshing or going from one page of the thread to another. No problem with other websites. If I vanish from the game without a trace between now and DL, this will be the reason. Just so you won't hold it against me.
Yes, it does that to me too, but (at least this far) only for relatively short periods of time.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 01:43 PM   #65
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Hey Steve! Just in case you didn't see it on the game thread....

If there's a ranger save will you let us know that specifically? Or will you just narrate that there was only one death (or none) and leave us to guess?
Old 09-01-2009, 02:25 PM   #66
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Hey Steve! Just in case you didn't see it on the game thread....

If there's a ranger save will you let us know that specifically? Or will you just narrate that there was only one death (or none) and leave us to guess?
I will mention that there was a save.
Old 09-01-2009, 02:29 PM   #67
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
I will mention that there was a save.
Thanks for clarifying!
Old 09-03-2009, 03:08 AM   #68
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Just caught up, and have to be off to work now, but I'll be back a couple of hours before deadline.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:04 AM   #69
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Just FYI, I'm still alive and kicking but it will take a few hours before I can post anything. Sorry.

But then I should be able to hang around...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:35 AM   #70
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Just a few notes that I forgot to write in the rules:

-If a ranger is Night Guarded then xe cannot save anyone.

-If Night Guarded, the hunter can still select a target for the next Day, but it will be of no use in the Night, as xe will not be attacked.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:38 AM   #71
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Can the Ranger protect himself???

And what if a wolf is guarded by the village, the Hunter chooses that wolf, and then the Hunter dies? Does that wolf still go down with the Hunter or no?
Old 09-03-2009, 09:46 AM   #72
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
Can the Ranger protect himself???

And what if a wolf is guarded by the village, the Hunter chooses that wolf, and then the Hunter dies? Does that wolf still go down with the Hunter or no?
No and no.

Hmm.... ok, let me update the rules (more detail- on other stuff too).

edit: wait, I did say the first one in the rules.

Last edited by Eönwë; 09-03-2009 at 09:52 AM.
Old 09-03-2009, 06:32 PM   #73
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Just a note: The narrations do not give any clues about roles.

And I'm sorry about making you wait so long. I had to go urgently and only came back about 45 minutes ago (to write the narration).

Last edited by Eönwë; 09-03-2009 at 06:40 PM.
Old 09-03-2009, 08:21 PM   #74
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Steve, that narration....was made of awesome with a side of winsauce.
Old 09-04-2009, 11:53 AM   #75
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Thank you, Sally.

I'm glad you liked it.
Old 09-05-2009, 05:13 AM   #76
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

If alonariel does not vote toDay, she will be modfired. As stated in the rules, this means that the wolves will only get one kill toNight. Logically, this would mean that whether the person who is guarded toNight is a wolf or not, they will still get their kill (there will be a minimum of 2-3 left).

Last edited by Eönwë; 09-05-2009 at 03:32 PM.
Old 09-05-2009, 04:08 PM   #77
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Sorry again for not being around toward the end of the Day. Computer issues, so I didn't get to catch up much either. Off to do that now, I think.
Old 09-05-2009, 04:22 PM   #78
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

A question: How gory am I allowed to make the narrations?
Old 09-05-2009, 05:05 PM   #79
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
A question: How gory am I allowed to make the narrations?
If you're asking me, feel free to make it as graphically gory as you like.
Old 09-05-2009, 05:11 PM   #80
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Just saw it. I like it quite well.