The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2020, 01:11 PM   #481
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch
Dang. How likely is it that Lhuna decided this vote?
If the final TWO MINUTES had gone differently...

hS

(Crossed with... hah, Lhuna)
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 01:15 PM   #482
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
Only if the dead innocents made a mess, basically.
*snorts* Again, I wish.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 01:17 PM   #483
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
So, for the QT my proposted vote...

+-Rune
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
Fascinating...

Hmm, well maybe I can do a look through Rune. Yesterday I was already suspicious of Lhuna. Maybe just a knock on our head saying Rune's been passed over/fallen off the side of the road lately, should get discussing him.

It would take a lot more than the QT vote today to get me seriously considering Rune.
Interesting.

Wondering where he is going with this.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 01:19 PM   #484
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Fascinating...

Hmm, well maybe I can do a look through Rune. Yesterday I was already suspicious of Lhuna. Maybe just a knock on our head saying Rune's been passed over/fallen off the side of the road lately, should get discussing him.

It would take a lot more than the QT vote today to get me seriously considering Rune.
Hm. Either I was right (or testing us?) Or maybe he's doing two-way communication as Legate suggested .. maybe taking our vote as a dream-suggestion?

Last edited by Rikae; 05-13-2020 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Typo
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 01:26 PM   #485
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottie
It must have read : D as an all uppercase post. During the Sally deadline, I responded to a post where she said she was going to hunt me with "DON'T." and it autocorrected it to "don't.", so I think all caps isn't allowed.
Oh, that makes sense! The filter doesn't look at quotes. Would also explain why it doesn't affect me.

V
V
V
hS
Old 05-13-2020, 01:37 PM   #486
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
Then again, I wonder whether calling him Rune Son of Bjarne, Son of Marx might indicate that the final vote was Legate's, as he has referred to Rune and Kath as Marx and Kant a few times. Though I guess it might also be a joke from Nog.
Legate, you're caught.
Old 05-13-2020, 01:41 PM   #487
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Legate, you're caught.
Meta-caught. But hey, whatever rocks their boat.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 01:53 PM   #488
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
So this might go completely opposite of what I've been championing for with the QT for days. But I do want to put a reminder that we still have the living seer, so while this is an unexpected choice for the QT, they have no known evidence to Rune's guilt or innocence. Same applied to Lhuna yesterday.

It might turn up beneficial/we find out more from it tomorrow, but for today, it's too much of a turnaround to make in 2 hours.
Okay, so what was he trying to say?

I mean what's the post above even supposed to mean? Am I reading the sentence correctly if I read it as "Dead, you messed up my plan"? Or?

Also if yes, then what? Did he want us to vote something else so we would cover for his Seerishness? If yes, he did a terrible job of it.

Can I also say that he's been posting horribly unclear and weird, sort of complicated posts since the beginning? I hope he isn't posting any coded message. Has anyone tried to read, say, the first letters of each of his posts or some nonsense like that? I may look at that.

Or how are you reading this? Or is it okay and now he's distancing himself from the stuff? Or what? Or did he want us to send him a Seer pick? No? (But that would be a stupid thing to ask. He should figure it out himself.)

I'm curious what in the name of all the grandchildren of Finwë is this supposed to mean.

Quote:
In the hands of the innocent dead, I can't see any of the evil-doers being careless. I don't know Huey that well, but G55 and Lhuna are probably having a blast posting nonsense, not at all related to anything that's going on here.
He's got you lot figured out tho
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 05-13-2020, 02:08 PM   #489
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Also: looked through Boro's posts for some obvious stuff and also his early posts for some announcement of strategy and found zip, nil, nada.

And now Rune made a post titled "The Last Will And Testament" and that makes me somewhat worried. I seriously hope he isn't the Seer But if he is and Boro knew it, then he did abysmal job of alerting us to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne View Post
Though taking recent events into consideration I would like to stress that an innocent QT thread is clearly quite capable of mistakes.
There. But I mean that means nothing, he would likely say the same also as Wolf.

Anyways, the good side certainly being that the discussion on the thread got rolling. That can't be denied. The Day was rather sleepy otherwise, it seemed to me.
Old 05-13-2020, 02:11 PM   #490
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Why would we "trust our gifteds" when they aren't seers? Why would we screw up the vote so badly as to let the baddies break a tie?

*facepalm*

I don't care what Boro wants, tomorrow I'm voting for one of these people who seems to think the virus is eating our brains.
Old 05-13-2020, 02:17 PM   #491
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

I think he's distancing himself like I expected him to. I'm thinking he wanted the effect of a QT Rune vote, rather than wanting Rune lynched toDay. Hope I'm right, though.
Old 05-13-2020, 02:23 PM   #492
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
I think he's distancing himself like I expected him to. I'm thinking he wanted the effect of a QT Rune vote, rather than wanting Rune lynched toDay. Hope I'm right, though.
That's what I thought too and hope that it will have a positive effect and won't result in some nonsense mess.

Let's see what tomorrow brings.
Old 05-13-2020, 02:25 PM   #493
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
He's got you lot figured out tho

There is another trick we could pull. For instance, we could discuss Wilson's disease of the groin that results in alopecia only in the circumstance where ANA manifests as the classic combination of cerebellar intention tremor and CNS dysesthesia, and whether monoclonal antibodies would be of any help in that situation.
Old 05-13-2020, 02:31 PM   #494
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
My prince is indeed being ever so bizarre.

satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 02:34 PM   #495
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Half an hour to go. Bets on how many votes will come in the last 5 minutes?
Old 05-13-2020, 02:40 PM   #496
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Half an hour to go. Bets on how many votes will come in the last 5 minutes?
Old 05-13-2020, 02:44 PM   #497
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

And it's between 2 people again. Why is it that three-way bandwagons are so rare? Especially since there is usually a range of people to choose from in the beginning.
Old 05-13-2020, 02:44 PM   #498
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

But nope. Turns out people are avoiding last-minute thing. Well whatever happens, this will be close.
Old 05-13-2020, 02:47 PM   #499
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
And it's between 2 people again. Why is it that three-way bandwagons are so rare? Especially since there is usually a range of people to choose from in the beginning.
I think it always starts to snowball once it becomes "clear" that two people are ahead of others. Something to consider for election sociologists/crowd psychologists/whatever. Who probably have lots of existing theories and working models on this.

Anyways, I think we can slowly get ready to welcoming our new guest, which, if I'm not mistaken, is going to be Zil. Most. Curious.
Old 05-13-2020, 02:58 PM   #500
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Is there beer in the QT? If so, all is well.
I hear there's gin and tonic.
Old 05-13-2020, 02:59 PM   #501
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Is there beer in the QT? If so, all is well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne View Post
Yeah, but it is Bud Light...
The type of beer you're gonna get, Zil, depends on whether you're innocent or not.
Old 05-13-2020, 03:00 PM   #502
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
I hear there's gin and tonic.
Exactly!
Old 05-13-2020, 03:03 PM   #503
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
OMG will Eonwe never die?
Old 05-13-2020, 03:03 PM   #504
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Exactly!
I am ashamed to say that I am currently drinking cider.
In my defence it is very nice, dry cider.
Old 05-13-2020, 03:05 PM   #505
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
I don't know but it's the gin tonic thread and Lalaith likely brought wine.
Just a moment. I know where each of these comes from, but isn't that a bit too much? What are we now, officially the drinking thread? Where did we earn that reputation?

EDIT: x-ed with Lalaith. LALAITH! What are we, a bar?!?

Seemingly, we are
Old 05-13-2020, 03:05 PM   #506
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro bymir88 View Post
Parting words. Didn't have time to accomplish everything I wanted to....
Old 05-13-2020, 03:06 PM   #507
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

My best wolf life was the Cottage of Lost Play when I got everyone drunk. :evil:
Old 05-13-2020, 03:07 PM   #508
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Yes, well, let's see. I mean he's written down some things. Future is in the future. Can't wait to see everybody's role once this whole mess is explained.
Old 05-13-2020, 03:09 PM   #509
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith View Post
Or Boro
Old 05-13-2020, 03:15 PM   #510
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Well, at least my feeling on Inzil was correct, other than that... ugh!

Having said that, Hi Inzil!
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 03:16 PM   #511
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

All right, I guess it is then...

Welcome, Zil! And I personally am sorry for ever doubting you and perhaps, unwittingly, leading to this moment.

But here. Have some of our best beer... and then you can try to make sense of what we've been doing here in the past Days (and Nights).

We'll be also most curious about your input and ideas and all.
Old 05-13-2020, 03:17 PM   #512
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Well, I did say it was likely Dun and I were both innocent....
Old 05-13-2020, 03:18 PM   #513
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
++Lal for representative
Old 05-13-2020, 03:19 PM   #514
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Here's to you! * raising a glass of nice and light Portuguese red wine *

And welcome Inzil. I hope the narration gave you some solace for the maltreatment you got in the game.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 03:21 PM   #515
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Members of the QT

Galadriel55 – Andróg, the Cobbler (voted into QT on Day1)

Rikae – Haldir, formerly healthy person (infected by the shady Infectors on Night2)

Huinesoron – Hareth, an Infector (voted into QT on Day2)

Kitanna – Huor, the Ranger (infected in the woods by the Infectors on Night3)

Sally – Túrin, the Hunter (voted into QT on Day3)

Macalaure – Grithnir, healthy person (dragged into the QT by the Hunter on Day3)

Legate of Amon Lanc – Asgon, healthy person (infected sneakily on Night4)

Lhunardawen – Sador, an Infector (voted into QT on Day4)

Lalaith – Rían, healthy person (overrun and infected by the Infectors on Night5)

Inziladun – Halmir, healthy person (voted into QT on Day5)
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 03:23 PM   #516
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Hi Zil! Welcome to the infirmary... bar? Sure, why not?

hS
Old 05-13-2020, 03:24 PM   #517
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Welcome, Inzil! *raises a glass of her favourite beverage - believe it or not - milk*
Old 05-13-2020, 03:38 PM   #518
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Zil
Welcome. Have a drink. You probably need one.
I didn't think you were bad.
Old 05-13-2020, 03:50 PM   #519
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
1420!

Hello, all and sundry! (eyes G55, Huey, and Lhuna)

Quote:
Zil
Welcome. Have a drink. You probably need one.
I didn't think you were bad.
Well, thanks, As a matter of fact, I do have a frothy beverage.
Old 05-13-2020, 03:53 PM   #520
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
I'm actually really surprised to have not been here before now. I usually get lynched by Day 3 at the latest.