The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2014, 01:54 PM   #561
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Rikae -> Nogrod
Eönwë -> Lommy
Wyth -> Inzil
Lottie -> Lommy 2
Inzil -> Lommy 3
Sally -> Lommy 4
Lommy -> Inzil 2
Encai -> Inzil 3

If it wasn't a matter of life and death - which it maybe isn't after all - I would feel like looking for popcorn. Suspense.

edit: xed with Nog and Eomer
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 01:55 PM   #562
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Eomer you are greedy. Whatever happens will probably be educational though.
Old 07-01-2014, 01:56 PM   #563
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Two of those I deem more innocent than not have voted for Lommy and some of those I suspect more have voted for Zil.

++ Lommy

I must be able to trust people I tend to trust.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 01:57 PM   #564
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

++INZIL

I really hope I'm right. Breaking the habit of a lifetime here, Lommy.
Old 07-01-2014, 01:57 PM   #565
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
If it wasn't a matter of life and death - which it maybe isn't after all - I would feel like looking for popcorn. Suspense.
I almost feel guilty voting you after reading this... Let's hope we got it right.
Old 07-01-2014, 01:59 PM   #566
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
I've skimmed the thread. Looks like it's between Inzil and Lommy now, so going to go with

++Lommy

I've had a nagging feeling about her for a while, more about her than Inzil, anyway. Although I also think there might be something curious going on with Lottie and/or Eonwe, especially if we're wrong about Lommy.

Sorry. Incoherent. Will participate more toMorrow if I'm still around.

zzzzz

EDIT: x-ed with Nog, Eomer and Nog again.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 01:59 PM   #567
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Rikae -> Nogrod
Eönwë -> Lommy
Wyth -> Inzil
Lottie -> Lommy 2
Inzil -> Lommy 3
Sally -> Lommy 4
Lommy -> Inzil 2
Encai -> Inzil 3
Nog -> Lommy 5
Eomer -> Inzil 4
Greenie -> Lommy 6

It's 59! And still going on. I haven't been lynched in ages but I'm not really looking forward to it, but if it happens I will stomach it stoically.

PS. Eomer, I'm proud of you. I will not forget!

edit: xed with Greenie and fixed
Old 07-01-2014, 01:59 PM   #568
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Where's everyone?
Old 07-01-2014, 02:00 PM   #569
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Now that you are lynched, though, I hope I was wrong - cause we need to bag ourselves a lion!
Old 07-01-2014, 02:00 PM   #570
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
Well, at least there's no 'throwing my vote away' this time, because I still suspect Inzil for various reasons and I also sort of suspect Lommy for certain Mac-interaction.
Between the two of them, one of them is obviously evil, and as much as I strongly believe it's Lommy, there is that possibility that Dun is a wolf instead, though I don't believe both of them are for reasons briefly stated yesterDay.

Only having six hours per day in a village this large is horrendous. I wasn't able to do crap yesterDay until it was far too late, and the best I can hope to do toDay is try to correct yesterDay's mistakes. Let's hope that happens. You can see why I'm frustrated. This is just awful.

*forcibly poofs*

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 07-01-2014 at 02:01 PM. Reason: x'd since the post I quoted
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 02:00 PM   #571
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

*sending kisses to everyone*
Old 07-01-2014, 02:01 PM   #572
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Lover?
Old 07-01-2014, 02:02 PM   #573
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
DEADLINE!

No further votes will be counted.

Lommy has been lynched. She was a Lannister lion.

Narration coming soon.
Old 07-01-2014, 02:42 PM   #574
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
“Do I take it to mean that you actually want me to die, then?” asked Lommy, her face drooping.

“Yes,” said Eönwë.

“Quite,” said Lottie.

“Of course,” said Inzil.

“Why not?” said sally.

“That's how it is,” said Nog.

“I'm afraid so,” said Green.

“Fine,” said Lommy resolutely and laid down on some wilted rose petals that happened to be on the floor.

(“I'm gonna laaaay yooou dooown …” sang the two yellow haired musicians.)

“What are you doing?” asked Eomer.

“I'll lie here until I grow old and tired and die,” said Lommy.

(… on a beeeeeed of roooooseees.” The singing continued.)

“Oh for goodness sake,” Rikae said, “do stop being so dramatic. Would your beloved Stannis just lay down and die quietly?”

Enraged at this derision of her one true king, Lommy leapt back to her feet with a snarl and vaulted over the bar. Seconds later she had ripped down the antlers that adorned the wall and turned to brandish them at the waiting crowd.

“The Lord of Light will never die!” She cried. “His fire will burn forever. Let any who disagree step forward now and face me!”

No one stepped forward, but unfortunately for Rikae, everyone else quickly stepped back.

“Um.” She gulped, staring into Lommy’s wild eyes.

And there, in front of them all, apparently angered by the mention of her erstwhile king Stannis Baratheon whom she no longer served (if she ever truly had), Lommy began to change. She dropped to four feet, sprouting silvery hair and her nails and teeth rapidly elongating as she climbed atop the wooden counter.

Unfortunately for her, she dropped the antlers in the process. Not sparing a moment Rikae reached to grab them, and before Lommy had finished her transformation, she skewered the newly revealed lion right through the heart. Blood spurted out around the piercing bones as Lommy slowly slipped to the ground.

(For toniiiiight I sleeeeep …”

Collective breath held, the customers waited to see if anything further was coming. Would a lover, realising that Lommy’s death meant their own imminent demise, suddenly appear? But as time slowly passed, it became apparent that Lommy had simply been a murderous lion.

( … on a bed of horns.)

And with that refrain ringing in their ears, and their hearts lightened by the events of the evening, the patrons went off to bed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvR60Wg9R7Q

~ ~ ~

Dead:
Agan, moddess - slaughtered by lions on Night 1
Kath, moddess - mauled by bear on Night 1
skip spence, ordo - tasted the axe on Day 1
wilwarin538, Three-Eyed Raven - eaten by bear on Night 2
Galadriel55, ordo - murdered by lions on Night 2
Macalaure - Lannister lion - stabbed through on Day 2
Nerwen – ordo – interrupted by bear on Night 3
Volo – ordo – ripped apart by lions on Night 3
Kitanna, ordo - died under a bandwagon on Day 3
Coppermirror, ordo - snacked on by bear on Night 4
Gil-Galad, ordo - served to the Inn in a pie of his own making on Night 4
Thinlómien, Lannister lion - antlered to death with a Bon Jovi backing track on Day 4

Alive:
Eönwë - house Royce
Inziladun - house Tully
Encaitare - random peasant
Boromir88 - house Bolton
Loslote - illiterate Tyrell cousin
A Little Green - house Reed
WythDryden/Lote22 - house Martell
Eomer of the Rohirrim - house Stark
Rikae - house Tarth
Nogrod - house Swann
satansaloser2005 - random peasant

It is now Night - nocturnal beings do your work!
Old 07-02-2014, 02:02 PM   #575
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Silmaril

The golden lioness was now the sole champion for Lannister glory.
“Who should I kill tonight?” she said to herself, talking out loud to fill the emptiness the murders of her fellows had left. She padded back and forth across the kitchen.
“Should it be somebody I think is gifted? Should it be to protect myself? Should it be to avenge my fellows?”

Eventually, she decided on the latter. She took the stairs four at a time and reached Boro's room, which, despite having three beds, was empty but for him.

“Good morning, Boro! Rise and shine!” she said with a wicked gleam in her eyes.
“Urgh... Huh! What is it?” Boro was suddenly alert.
“A Lannister always pays his debts,” the golden lion purred.
“What is this madness?” Boro cried.
“My name is Lannister. You killed my fellows. Prepare to die,” the lion said, and with that, she jumped lightly atop Boro and pinned him down, unsheathing her razor sharp claws.
“So you are a Bolton,” she said. “I'll let you taste your own medicine.”
She slid one of her claws under Boro's skin, and he cried out in pain when she started moving it back and forth, separating the skin from the flesh with natural skill. After what felt like a very long time Boro finally went unconscious, and she continued her work without interruption.

When she was done, she picked up the skin, meaning to carry it down to the hall for all the Inn to see. But on her way to the stairs, there was a huge shape looming in front of her.

“Pray tell me,” it said, “why is Inziladun's bed empty?”
“How should I know?” said the lion. “Maybe he's a brother of the Nights Watch.”
“I think not,” said the bear.
“Well then, maybe he's trying to fool us both by sleeping elsewhere.”
“I think not,” said the bear.
“And now, excuse me, if I may...” said the lion.
But the bear stepped in front of her and said, “I think not.”

With a snarl, the lion threw the Boroskin on the bear's face and tried to turn and leap away, but unperturbed, he reached to grab her with his enormous paws. She swayed and tripped under his weight, and the bear used the situation to get a firmer hold on her. He sank his teeth into her neck, ripping through her jugular vein and pulling out her throat. Blood dripping from his mouth, he roared in triumph. Terrified faces appeared from behind the doorways, wondering what the awful noise was. The gruesome sight of a gigantic hairy beast, with the mutilated remains of a lion dangling from its jaws, met their eyes. Convinced they were all about to die, the remaining patrons ran down to the main room and desperately tried to get through the door, but it was to no avail. Thunderous footsteps approached from behind them, and they turned to see the bear leaping down the stairs.

But they need not have feared. The bear jumped straight at the door and crashed through the heavy wood (and through Rikae, who had the misfortune to be standing in his way and died straight away). The way was clear.

Encaitare was the first to move. She rushed out to embrace the bear and shower him with kisses, and the bear looked a little taken aback but answered her affections by licking her face with his rough tongue before turning into A Little Green.
“We want. No harm,” she said, her arm around Encai's waist. “We leave. You leave. Me love Encai.”

“Thank you, o gracious bear,” said Eönwë. He stepped forth and threw aside his cloak, and he was clad all in black underneath.

One by one, the patrons walked out and continued each in their own direction. Last of all came Eomer. No one had noticed his violet eyes that had, as of yet, no glint of madness.

Dead:
Agan, moddess - slaughtered by lions on Night 1
Kath, moddess - mauled by bear on Night 1
skip spence, ordo - tasted the axe on Day 1
wilwarin538, Three-Eyed Raven - eaten by bear on Night 2
Galadriel55, ordo - murdered by lions on Night 2
Macalaure - Lannister lion - stabbed through on Day 2
Nerwen – ordo – interrupted by bear on Night 3
Volo – ordo – ripped apart by lions on Night 3
Kitanna, ordo - died under a bandwagon on Day 3
Coppermirror, ordo - snacked on by bear on Night 4
Gil-Galad, ordo - served to the Inn in a pie of his own making on Night 4
Thinlómien, Lannister lion - antlered to death with a Bon Jovi backing track on Day 4
Boro, ordo - skinned by lion on Night 5
Rikae, ordo - dropped out on Night 5
Inziladun, Lannister lion - killed by bear on Night 5

Alive:
Eönwë, RANGER - house Royce
Encaitare, THE MAIDEN FAIR - random peasant
Loslote, ORDO - illiterate Tyrell cousin
A Little Green, THE BEAR - house Reed
WythDryden/Lote22, ORDO - house Martell
Eomer of the Rohirrim, TARGARYEN - house Stark
Nogrod, ORDO - house Swann
satansaloser2005, ORDO - random peasant

GAME OVER. INN WINS. LOVERS WIN.

Last edited by Aganzir; 07-02-2014 at 06:32 PM.
Aganzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 02:13 PM   #576
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Ah, I was afraid it was a matter of time until the Bear got me. Lommy and I were talking about that on her last Night.

My apologies to my mates for the wolf-on-wolf. In both of my instances of voting for you, I had seen what I thought was an inevitable lynch of one of us, and my hope was to do what I could to separate myself in the event one of us did go down. I'm just amazed I lasted as long as I did.

One of my non-Tolkien interests is WW II, and in particular, the combat aviation aspect. When aircraft were not taken out by direct enemy action, but were worn out to the point of being ineffective, they were tagged "War Weary", and a "WW" was painted on the planes to reflect that. I think it's past time for a "WW" of my own: "Wolf Weary". I feel like I've been evil so many times there must be some sort of psychic aura surrounding me. Like I said, I lasted longer than I expected though.

Nice job innocents! You did quite well without your Seer. A well-deserved hurrah for the Lovers, and congrats to Agan and Kath for an amazing game. It was fun even without knowing the mythos of the books.

Last edited by Inziladun; 07-02-2014 at 02:19 PM.
Inziladun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 02:14 PM   #577
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Yes!

Congratulations to the fellow inn-mates and also, I suppose, to those bloodthirsty lovers. Commiserations to our fallen Lions.

So I was ready to take down Inzil at every point in the game, apart from 20 minutes before Agan put up the final post - that would have been about the time Greenie was ripping him apart, naturally. I decided he was not the last lion, and had narrowed it down to Rikae or Wyth. Oh well.

What made me doubt Inzil's leonicity was his vote for Lommy early on Day 4. That must have been planned, eh? It could have worked out very well for you; it fooled me anyway.
Old 07-02-2014, 02:14 PM   #578
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Congratulations to the village and the lovers, I can't deny you guys all played your cards well!

Extra curses at Wyth though for voting Zil yesterDay - you totally ruined my planned ranger reveal, because I couldn't risk Inzil becoming the option for lynching me AND the real ranger eventually busting me.

Ah, I really dislike being a wolf. I figured out now that it's because I keep thinking subconsciously that I'm doing something wrong and feeling like I don't have a justification for anything I do. But I definitely should be a wolf more often, it's so much more educational than being innocent.

Btw we DID kill G55 for looking like the seer. I went through everybody's posts on Day1 and there was hardly anyone who would have stated anyone's innocence or guilt even vaguely seerish way and we thought the seer wouldn't dare to leave her dream too hidden. Thus G55's "innocent vibes" from Lottie were enough to catch my attention.

And I'm still impressed how all the wolves were in the spotlight basically all game. There's always a slip under the radar wolf, but not this time.
Old 07-02-2014, 02:15 PM   #579
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
I actually considered going after Greenie the last Night, but decided on Boro because as Lommy and I had discussed, I thought he might be the Hunter and would target someone else.
Old 07-02-2014, 02:17 PM   #580
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
Hooray!

Thank you for an entertaining improv performance!

I'm curious to hear what kind of strategies you had.

Having previously become overly stressed from over-analyzing, this was a relaxing return to a more emotion based method.

There was some great playing going on here, although I'm a bit surprised at the amount of consensus on whom to vote each Day.
Old 07-02-2014, 02:17 PM   #581
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Don't worry, Inzil, I was hoping you'd throw me under the bus as soon as I saw how suspicious everybody was of me on the last Day. I think you would've lasted pretty long if not for the bear!
Old 07-02-2014, 02:19 PM   #582
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
And true love prevails! Sorry Wyth, I'm with Greenie now.

Quote:
And I'm still impressed how all the wolves were in the spotlight basically all game. There's always a slip under the radar wolf, but not this time.
Yes! Greenie and I kept thinking there must be a quiet lion, but you all played very boldly. A great game all around, and a big thanks to our clever and talented and gorgeous moddesses!
Encaitare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 02:24 PM   #583
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
My top three hunches?

Lommy
Zil
Wilwa

And I became convinced of Mac and luckily votes for him

That was a fun game and super surprised and glad the lovers won.
Old 07-02-2014, 02:26 PM   #584
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
Also, i am curious to hear the lions logic for the night kills. A lot of quiet and under-the-radar kills.
Old 07-02-2014, 02:27 PM   #585
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encaitare View Post
Yes! Greenie and I kept thinking there must be a quiet lion, but you all played very boldly.
Well, given my loud and flip-floppy playing style, I'm either a bold wolf or not a wolf at all. I kind of wish Inzil had died before me though because I'd loved to have seen people puzzling over my blatant statements that the Inzil vs Mac thing is not leading anywhere.

Extra kudos to you lovers, btw, I heard on the phone that you basically reread the whole thread last Night and figured out Inzil is the last wolf. Well done that! (And thanks for killing the seer for us. )

How does everyone feel about the balance of the game? Am I just biased if I think it was quite hard for the wolves?

Speaking of which, were you Encai and Greenie trying to off wolves all the time? What kind of strategy did you have when it came to taking sides?
Old 07-02-2014, 02:28 PM   #586
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
HA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzil
I actually considered going after Greenie the last Night, but decided on Boro because as Lommy and I had discussed, I thought he might be the Hunter and would target someone else.
We were seriously scared you would! I would have been a logical pick for a Night kill after all, given that practically no one suspected me.

Lions - sorry about that last. Inn - sorry about the Seer. (Not really, though. Not sorry at all! )

Anyway, good game, everyone! Nice job, innocents, nice job, lions, and nice job, moddesses!
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
Old 07-02-2014, 02:31 PM   #587
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil-Galad View Post
Also, i am curious to hear the lions logic for the night kills. A lot of quiet and under-the-radar kills.
Mostly looking for potential seers/rangers, avoiding people the ranger protects, avoiding the lovers (we thought we'd prefer to take the risk and have the double kills) and possibly being confusing. On hindsight, you were a pretty stupid choice. I thought it would bring scrutiny my way but definitely not as much as there was. Volo we thought no one would think guilty after he gave the worst-looking vote (trying to save known wolf Mac on the last minute) and saying something like "the voting will tell us a lot toMorrow" right after it. That would be insanely bold for a wolf.
Old 07-02-2014, 02:35 PM   #588
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Quote:
Speaking of which, were you Encai and Greenie trying to off wolves all the time? What kind of strategy did you have when it came to taking sides?
After accidentally killing the Seer, we were trying to go after quiet wolves, and hoping that the more vocal ones would be discovered by the Inn-guests. We were on the side of the Inn the whole time, but tried to play it safe so as to not get discovered. I was very surprised when I didn't come under more scrutiny after the Kit-wagon. Greenie and I did discuss revealing toDay if Inzil wasn't the final lion.
Old 07-02-2014, 02:35 PM   #589
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
I think we were pretty flexible on taking sides, to be honest. Obviously targeting wolves made the most sense, but we also wanted to be rid of the seer. And our kills were also influenced by who they would point to; we didn't want to draw attention to ourselves, so we occasionally refrained from killing somebody we would otherwise have because it would point too clearly to one of us. So basically it was a weird math of who was both a possible lion AND would not openly incriminate either of us.
Old 07-02-2014, 02:36 PM   #590
Volo

Quote:
How does everyone feel about the balance of the game? Am I just biased if I think it was quite hard for the wolves?
Unaligned roles tend to tip the balance too easily. Had the Lovers decided to back up the Lions - which would have been adventurous of them - the game would been nigh impossible for the Innocents.
Enca and Greenie, did you decide to side with the Innocents to start with on Night1?

Mac, I especially liked how you toyed with people suspecting you of being a Lover.

Last edited by Volo; 07-02-2014 at 02:37 PM. Reason: xd with everyone since quoted
Volo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 02:36 PM   #591
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Haha, now we start to really act like an old couple! I mean, look at the time stamps on our posts.
Old 07-02-2014, 02:43 PM   #592
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

As for the balance of the game - I don't know. I do think it was difficult for the lions, but the odds weren't exactly in our favour, either. Maybe, in a village this big, we could have had four lions? But then again, if either of us had been lynched while all the lions still lived, we could have ended up with four lions and a cobbler, which would have been pretty awful for the village!
Old 07-02-2014, 02:47 PM   #593
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo View Post
Enca and Greenie, did you decide to side with the Innocents to start with on Night1?
I don't think we actually messaged each other until Night 2, but yes, we sided with the Inn guests from the start. Greenie was getting lionish vibes from Wilwa... that she was the Seer was just a bit of luck.
Old 07-02-2014, 02:51 PM   #594
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
This was an extremely entertaining game to watch as an omniscient mod!

Some highlights:

Wilwa dreamed of Lommy on Night 2, then the Bear killed her. The game might have gone very differently if it hadn't happened.

First the Mac/Inzil bandwagon, then the Lommy/Inzil.

Wyth's track record on voting for wolves is extremely impressive for a newbie.

How Nog was so convinced (and convincing) that everybody was a lover we had to double check the roles before posting the lynch.

Lommy starting her first post like this:
Quote:
So without further ado, let me scrutinize you -

Eönwë - house Royce - obviously our ranger and will be the first one to die.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Encaitare View Post
I bear watching, eh?
I bet you are, lady. (Now I know where the bear picked up his Tarzanesque dialect.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WythDryden View Post
I found these dwarf-women intensely curious, and as I hail from the land of Dorne, I love indiscriminately. Having them taken from us, and cut short the fun we may have had, calls for a vengeance that I can't wait to assume with my spear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WythDryden View Post
Boromir88 - Says a lanister would let the village do the dirty work, then disappears.
The best analysis of Boro I've ever seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
I agree with you that no villain would have gotten so mixed up as I did. That's as strong an argument for my innocence as I think you're likely to get in a WW game.
Especially in this game, seeing as you couldn't reveal.

Anyhow. I would've liked to see some more special roles dying in this game! I'm sorry we never got to flip the coin on Eomer, and a lover death would also have been interesting - it would've been pretty easy to figure out who the other was, I think.

I actually think the game was quite balanced - think about the village despairing over lynching a wolf yesterday! Three wolves in this big a village is very little, but then, not every village has two night kills! Also I think the village played very well - there was some very beautiful deduction there. And as people have pointed out, the lovers were a wild card. And it would've taken Inzil only one (with the withdrawals) or two more days to win!
Old 07-02-2014, 02:57 PM   #595
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encai
I don't think we actually messaged each other until Night 2, but yes, we sided with the Inn guests from the start. Greenie was getting lionish vibes from Wilwa... that she was the Seer was just a bit of luck.
True! We had no idea she was the seer. Not that we minded her dying, though, given that a living seer would have been a danger to us, too.
Old 07-02-2014, 02:59 PM   #596
Volo

While it would have been fun to have more time to play, I'm quite thankful to the Lannisters for killing me. On Day3 my flat was invaded by a dozen of 14 year olds.
Old 07-02-2014, 03:01 PM   #597
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
We were seriously scared you would! I would have been a logical pick for a Night kill after all, given that practically no one suspected me.
The draw for getting you was the fact that you were both an unlikely protect and an unlikely lynch the next Day. I obviously never thought you were the Bear. You gave every impression of being a tired Ordo, pressed for time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
I think we were pretty flexible on taking sides, to be honest. Obviously targeting wolves made the most sense, but we also wanted to be rid of the seer. And our kills were also influenced by who they would point to; we didn't want to draw attention to ourselves, so we occasionally refrained from killing somebody we would otherwise have because it would point too clearly to one of us. So basically it was a weird math of who was both a possible lion AND would not openly incriminate either of us.
We had a lot of talks about who you would side with. Your kill-choices had us thinking you just might be rooting for us,
Old 07-02-2014, 03:04 PM   #598
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Hot damn, lovers. Good call killing Zil.

Thanks for the game moddesses. It was as fun (mostly) as it was stressful and frustrating.

/haunting this village
Old 07-02-2014, 03:07 PM   #599
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

I think I mentioned this during the game, but the last game I played with Lovers, I was the Ranger, and was lynched with their collaboration, handing the win to them and the wolves.
Old 07-02-2014, 03:12 PM   #600
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Thanks for a good game all! It has been most fun watching.

Personal highlights include:
Poor old wilwa dreaming of Lommy and then getting offed the same Night.

Tarzan Bear.

The bandwagon!

And of course sharing narration writing with the wonderful Agan (who I have cheerfully called Maria to all and sundry for the entire game - sorry!).