The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2012, 05:45 AM   #41
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Quote:
I simply won't skip a game with Esty in it. Period.
I knew you'd say that.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 05:10 PM   #42
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Lommy has informed me that she can't play. Which means we're still one short.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:44 AM   #43
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
I've tried shameless advertising on Facebook, and still no takers...at least I know not to go into the marketing business.
Old 01-08-2012, 10:19 AM   #44
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I'll see who I can scare up, though my luck's not been the best this time 'round.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:25 AM   #45
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
If it doesn't begin until Thursday or so, you can go ahead and put me down.
If you get the required number before then though, you certainly need not wait for me.
Old 01-09-2012, 02:12 PM   #46
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Thanks for your efforts, sally and Boro! I've invited a few people myself, so all hope isn't lost yet.

Zil, thanks for the update. At the moment it doesn't seem likely that we'll take off within the next two days, but we'll see.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:32 AM   #47
Pomegranate
Wight

Pomegranate is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Count me in. Too much persuation. To be honest I'm a bit scared of being a new member in forums, I thought a werewolf game would be a good way to, you know, start.
Pomegranate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 04:36 AM   #48
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Boro invited me to join a while ago and hadn't it been for an exam I would have, I figured you would have started the game a long time ago.

Anyways if you start no sooner than Friday, then I am game.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 06:47 AM   #49
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Rune, Glirdy, Esty?! What?! I'm so sad I have to miss this.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:48 AM   #50
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Woot!
Old 01-11-2012, 11:32 AM   #51
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

And then there were 12!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Woot!
Seconded!

Welcome to the Downs, Pomegranate! No reason to be scared, we've all been newbies in our day, and we're a friendly crowd here. Enjoy being dead!

And yay Rune! I had planned to start as soon as there were 12 players, not expecting any more and keeping in mind Esty's RL deadline on the 21st; but after the latest news from you and Zil, I'd actually like to get the two of you on board, which would mean starting Night 1 on Thursday 2300 GMT. Will that be OK for everybody?
Old 01-11-2012, 11:59 AM   #52
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
I'm flattered that my mere presence in a WW game has attracted other players! However, the death of a very close friend has changed my plans - I will be away from Friday to Tuesday to be at the funeral. That is too long an absence to be active in any kind of sensible way, I'm afraid - unless you all want me to join and volunteer as the first or second victim...

I'm sorry about the inconvenience this change causes, but it truly is a matter of life and death.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:14 PM   #53
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Dang, Esty, I'm sorry to hear that! *hugs you*
With such a loss in your life, this game should be the last thing on your mind now; at least I know I wouldn't have a head for playing if I were in your place. But thanks for being willing to play, and know you'll be in my thoughts.
Old 01-11-2012, 12:59 PM   #54
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
So sorry to hear thatEsty . My condolences and I agree with Pitch. Your last thought should be a WW game my dear.

And I am good whenever our dearest Mod is ready to go.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:15 PM   #55
Pomegranate
Wight

Thanks, Pitchwife! I've heard only good things about this place, so I'm excited. On the other hand you are all a bit daunting with your thousands of posts (and nicknames, I resolved on not using them quite yet). Thursday is as great as any for me.

And condolences, Estelyn. Be where you need to be.
Pomegranate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:28 PM   #56
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Esty, I'm really sorry to hear that. I'll echo the others - a game shouldn't be bothering you at a time like this. My condolences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomegranate View Post
On the other hand you are all a bit daunting with your thousands of posts (and nicknames, I resolved on not using them quite yet).
Don't worry about this. Back when I had thirty posts I thought three hundred was a lot, and now I have three thousand (when has it gotten that many?). They seem to multiply on their own; you hardly notice them.

Pitch, tomorrow night sounds great. And it means that D1 will be mostly on Saturday, when I *should* be more or less available! (Don't lynch me, it's the admin thread! :P)
Old 01-11-2012, 05:33 PM   #57
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
I'm very sorry to hear that, Esty. There'll be another time for WW.

Beginning tomorrow should work for me.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:59 AM   #58
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

As I hear no objections, Night 1 will begin today, Thursday, Jan 12, 2300 GMT. Roles will be assigned and sent out during the next twelve hours - so clear up your PM boxes, everybody. *goes to heed his own advice*
Old 01-12-2012, 09:51 AM   #59
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Game thread is up, and all roles have been sent. If yours didn't get through for some reason, let me know. If you have any questions about your role, feel free to PM me.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:06 AM   #60
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Sorry to hear that Esty. Best wishes to you, and The Downs will be here just as it was when you're back...it won't be trashed, much.
Old 01-12-2012, 01:40 PM   #61
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Thanks to all of you for your sympathetic thoughts and words! Losing a friend reminds me of just how important friends are, and those who remain are a great comfort.

Have fun with the game!
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 05:03 PM   #62
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Pome, you should turn yourself invisible during the game. Go to your User CP, select "Edit Options" on the Control Panel on the left side, tick "Use Invisible Mode", scroll down and click on "Save Changes" at the bottom.
Sorry, I forgot to mention this earlier.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:37 PM   #63
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Pomegranate, go to invisible mode. Click on your User CP. Then edit options and check "invisible mode" box. Make sure to save the change too.
Old 01-14-2012, 05:21 PM   #64
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Wolves, I suppose this is the next best thing to getting the Seer.

GO RANGERS! FOR GONDOR!
Old 01-14-2012, 05:23 PM   #65
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Dangnabit!!! I honestly didn't realize what time it was until now as I've been running errands since I got off work at three .
Old 01-14-2012, 06:01 PM   #66
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Glirdy, I'm inclined to be lenient today, with it being Day 1 and all, but try to make up for it and vote toMorrow, K?
Nog, the same. (No, I don't seriously think you need admonishing, and I won't make any comments about submarines on Day 1.)
Nate, as you haven't offered any reasons for not voting, consider yourself frowned at.
Old 01-14-2012, 06:33 PM   #67
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Addendum to the Rules

Don't post anything on the Admin thread that you feel obliged to delete once you've sobered up. Thanks.
Old 01-14-2012, 06:58 PM   #68
Pomegranate
Wight

I will offer them now, being as they are pretty much exactly the same as Glirdys. I lost the track of time, plus I went to a place where I thought I could use the internet and found out too late that I couldn't - and by that time it was too late to start running back to my apartment. I will make this up, promises.
Old 01-14-2012, 07:25 PM   #69
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Nate - OK, but do try to vote toMorrow.
Old 01-14-2012, 09:00 PM   #70
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Ok, so, my lil man Max (seen here) had a seizure and that had me freaking out, mostly because it was completely unexpected. And it's just one of those things that there can be a countless amount of causes for, that I'm really really really hoping it doesn't wind up being one of the serious ones. He's fine now and will be going to the vet, so it wasn't serious in "I have to back out of game," it was just...yeah, at the time. wasn't going to be able to keep focused on anything else. And I hope the vet doesn't find something bad.

Thanks Pitch and everyone else for your kind words and thoughts.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:10 PM   #71
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
....Thanks Pitch and everyone else for your kind words and thoughts.
You will call/text me as soon as you know anything. Understood?

*nuzzles you and Max*
Old 01-16-2012, 05:09 PM   #72
Pomegranate
Wight

I apologise for the mod for the lack of red in my vote and hope she considers it a vote anyway, it's a sign of my waste of forum code knowledge more than anything else. I realised there's not a button for it only when I was posting my vote, when it was already too late to start to go through manuals/ask someone.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:10 PM   #73
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomegranate View Post
I apologise for the mod for the lack of red in my vote and hope she considers it a vote anyway, it's a sign of my waste of forum code knowledge more than anything else. I realised there's not a button for it only when I was posting my vote, when it was already too late to start to go through manuals/ask someone.
1. Our fair mod Pitchwife is, in fact, a man.

2. To highlight a vote, simply replace the 'B' in your tags with the word 'highlight'.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:43 PM   #74
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

*cheers from beyond the grave*

Old 01-16-2012, 05:43 PM   #75
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Apologies for not voting. I was unexpectedly out of town all day. Won't happen again.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 07:33 PM   #76
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Hello everyone, this is Pitchwife's wife writing...

Unfortunately he stumbled over a doorstep, while he was thinking about his moding here and managed to damage his knee joint. It is likely, that the doctors will put in some nail in the morning, to fix the bone again...

But he left you in good hands, as you know Nogrod has taken over.

@Nogrod : Sorry that he was right beeing so negative. But I do hope he'll be back home in a few days...
Old 01-16-2012, 07:56 PM   #77
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Ouch! Get better soon, Pitch! And thanks to Pitch wife for updating us!

Last edited by Inziladun; 01-16-2012 at 08:04 PM.
Inziladun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:05 PM   #78
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Oh, Pitchwife.

Thank you for the update, Pitchwifewife. Tell our lord that we send our best wishes for mayhem, slaughter, and a speedy recovery.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:14 PM   #79
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Oh no... Pitchie, I hope it is nothing the doctors can't set right in a jiff! I wish you a speedy recovery and that your life can return to it's regular path as soon as possible!
Old 01-17-2012, 01:00 AM   #80
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Did a strange and terrible curse get somehow cast over this game? Wow. Sorry, Pitch, get better soon.