The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2005, 06:27 PM   #321
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I am becoming far more suspicious of Eomer and TORE though I've been wrong before and I was fairly convinced of E-w and was completely wrong on him . I think LMP may have been right and Eomer could be trying to pull off a double bluff. I think I will be looking more closely in to this tomorrow. That's because I've voted today, but I'm waiting to see what happens to Oromin today and then I think we need to look more closely at those two. They have been far too smooth.
Old 08-02-2005, 08:39 PM   #322
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Quote:
I think I will be looking more closely in to this tomorrow
Great. Thanks. Unless you are a wolf you've just set me up for a perfect frameup.

Quote:
They have been far too smooth
There seems to be an unfortunate attitude in this game that if someone seems innocent he must be guilty. While that can be true sometimes there is usually some shred of irrefutable evidence that can be found. But suspicions will be suspicions, & I do not hold yours against you.

I hate decisions, I will most likely vote Lhuna or Oromin. I am thinking Lhuna but that is in no way, shape, or form settled & there is still much time before the voting needs to be done. I am curious, morm, why is it that you seem to find it necessary to vote so early? I don't want to be last every time, but if someone brings up something important (especially with this few villagers left) I like to know that I haven't casted an irretractable vote yet...
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 10:20 PM   #323
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I am so highly confused. I think I did make a mistake TORE in voting so ealry. I thought I was fairly convinced of Oromin's guilt though now I'm not as sure. I've been reading through some old posts and now I'm thinking that Wilwarin is actually guilty, unless somebody *coughshirrifcough* can vouch for her innocence. Why I say this is in two distinct posts Kitanna, a known wolf, said something very similar about Wilwarin. In post 102 and 218 she talks about others either their innocence or possible guilt and yet she says in both that Wilwarin deserves watching. After which she does nothing about it and only mentions her in passing. Now this could be innocent yet it seems more than suspicious to me.

Eomer is confusing me like mad. I read through most of his posts and I'm just not sure what to make of him. To have him as the wolf mastermind would make sense yet he went strongly after Kitanna. Of course, that could have been planned but I'm not sure.

Oromin I think is more than likely the cobbler and without anyone else who was overly suspicious at the time I voted for her. (Mainly due to RL problems and I was unsure that I'd be able to get on much after that time, I was wrong of course) But if I were to give it percentages I would say about 33% says guilty and 67% of me says she's innocent yet a cobbler.

Unsure of the others. I would retract my vote and vote for Wilwarin if I could, unless somebody vouches for her innocence.
Old 08-03-2005, 12:54 AM   #324
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril Full Moon?

But to Mordor with it! I am much too enraged, confused, and eager for wolf-lynchings to be bothered by the Moon's mischievousness.

A mocking laugh I offer to these lycans for desperately killing just any villager thinking he/she is the Seer. I thank thee all for not finding out who the real Seer is.

As for the Seer, have they not had enough dreams to help us in our predicament? I have feared for their life the past Night, and it is very fortunate that their identity has not yet been compromised. But what if these foul, hateful werewolves finally succeed in killing them toNight? Without a single dream being revealed? Then again, maybe the Seer has already revealed substantial information after all, but they have been too much enclosed in subtlety for us to make anything out of them.

Oromin is becoming more and more confuzzling. I was very much convinced that she is just the cobbler, for she made a mistake of choosing me to be her fellow werewolf. Possibly she deliberately did so to force me (and maybe wilwa) to vote for her, thus living out her role as a cobbler. But with these goings-on I am beginning to entertain the possibiity that she is indeed a werewolf, using what happened to Nilp as protection. Has the Seer not dreamt of her yet? But I think we should leave her be for now.

I should have done this Days ago:

++EOMER OF THE ROHIRRIM
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 01:01 AM   #325
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Silmaril

Just to echo everyone else, please take a long, good look at The Only Real Estel. He might be more like one of the Nazgul than Aragorn after all - looks fair, feels foul.

And another thing, look at this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estel
She (Lhuna) accuses Eomer who I am probably the least worried about.
and this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer
As for being suspicious of Estel, he is the only villager whose innocence I am very confident in (besides myself). What's he done to attract suspicion?
Decided in each other's innocence, eh?

Last edited by Lhunardawen; 08-03-2005 at 01:38 AM. Reason: Wild Zontargs can't take that information from me. Do your worst.
Old 08-03-2005, 05:34 AM   #326
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots Six days in - finally! a spirited defence from me!

You're right guys, Estel and I are defending each other. Do you want to know why? Because neither of us has done anything even remotely wolvish!

Estel has done nothing. That's not an insult to the good man or anything, I mean that he has been entirely unsuspicious and has done nothing to warrant confusion. I cannot for the life of me see why you are accusing him. Now I am fully aware that this support will probably administer a gigantic backlash against me but o well. Too bad. I don't think he's a wolf at all. If it makes others look bad I'll say this: Encaitare and wilwarin are innocent too. There, I did it; I defended two others. They must be wolves too!

Kath, you really made me laugh with this: "Eomer has the deaths of a good few innocents under his belt."

Let's check this out. I was pivotal in singling out Oddwen, yes. For that I do feel great shame. But I have not hidden from it, have I? As for who else I have attacked, let's see......o yes, Kitanna - the only known wolf! In what way is this having a good few deaths of innocents under my belt? The only other person I am attacking is Orominuialwen and that is so obviously the soundest idea that we have I cannot for the life of me understand why others have stalled on it.

Will I say it again?

Ok:

No innocent would act the way Oromin is acting. I think we can all agree that she is either the Cobbler or a Wolf. This is easily the most we have to go on at this DAY.

++OROMINUIALWEN

It just makes sense, and I'm glad to see that others are taking the advice.

And may I ask for some reasons as to why I am so suspicious? Because littlemanpoet suspected me? But....he was an ordinary villager who knew nothing.

Let's see just how pathetically wolf-Eomer would have played this game:

- He kills Feanor of the Peredhil after she admits that she wants me kept alive.

- He throws suspicion on littlemanpoet who had earlier said that he was fairly sure of Eomer's innocence, probably resulting in the backlash against me started by littlemanpoet.

- He is the second (I think) person to forcefully attack Kitanna, who turns out to be a wolf.

- He kills littlemanpoet who is almost definitely not the Seer (see his vote for Elf-Warrior)

There you have it.

Why are you suspecting me? What is it about me? (And please don't take a spirited defence as evidence of wolvishness.)
Old 08-03-2005, 05:48 AM   #327
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
I'm sorry Eomer, I think I was making up random bits of history to try and explain to myself why I feel so suspicious of you. However, mormegil's last post has given me pause for thought. He says that had he not voted already he would now vote for wilwa, unless someone could vouch for her innocence. Now this seems to me rather odd as it is a rather thinly veiled request for the Seer to announce themselves and their dreams. At the moment I would guess that the Seer does not know who the wolves are or they would have revealed themselves for the good of the village (or at least I hope they would). Now since morm has already voted and cannot change his vote, and no one else seems the slightest bit suspicious of wilwa, this to me is an odd request.

My vote toDay goes to
++Orominuialwen

but I think mormegil should be looked at more closely over the course of the day.
Old 08-03-2005, 06:03 AM   #328
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
White-Hand

Well I'm going on vacation with my family later today so I don't think I'll get the chance to vote later.

++Orominuialwen

I will be missing from the entire Day 6 and the early part of Day 7. Try not to miss me to much.
Old 08-03-2005, 06:15 AM   #329
Saurreg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Saurreg has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Saurreg Send a message via MSN to Saurreg
Me haf been rreading dah posts und quite frrankly, me iz stumped.

I haf not much hope in all dah arguments und accusations put forth, dah wulves are wily, yes they are...

I can only hope dah seer dreams of the two wulves und exposes 'em soon or we be doom.

Dat said Oro iz going to hang, but me haf me doubts about 'er being a mangy feral.

++Wilwarin

D'ere! Me made my choice cuz seeh be most sus'pis in me eyes.
Old 08-03-2005, 07:21 AM   #330
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
I'm sorry Eomer, I think I was making up random bits of history to try and explain to myself why I feel so suspicious of you. However, mormegil's last post has given me pause for thought. He says that had he not voted already he would now vote for wilwa, unless someone could vouch for her innocence. Now this seems to me rather odd as it is a rather thinly veiled request for the Seer to announce themselves and their dreams. At the moment I would guess that the Seer does not know who the wolves are or they would have revealed themselves for the good of the village (or at least I hope they would). Now since morm has already voted and cannot change his vote, and no one else seems the slightest bit suspicious of wilwa, this to me is an odd request.
A couple of things Kath in my defense.

I have been suspicious of Wilwarin in the past but essentially was told that she might be a shirriff. I showed decent, not great, but decent evidence that there's a chance she could be the wolf. I was hoping that, if she were the shirriff, somebody such as her fellow shirriff would vouch for her innocence but not her identity. Let's face it the shirriff's are no good to us until one is dead and we know who the other is. At least we would have one known innocent.

Second, I have not been so veiled in my hope that the seer would reveal him/herself. I have been worried about their safety and hate to think what it would mean if they have not told us much of anything and they die. 5 nights of dreams would potentially go wasted. The problem the seer has is if they are subtle in attempts the wolves have the easiest time picking it out and if he/she announces herself we all pick her out but he/she will be dead tomorrow. No Kath I'm an idiot and can't seem to nail a wolf but I'm no wolf myself. Although if I were at least I'd be able to kill some albeit without my axe but that's about rusted anyway
Old 08-03-2005, 07:30 AM   #331
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots

So you think the Seer should reveal him/herself? I could only possibly maybe possibly sort-of go along with this if he/she knows one wolf for definite.

But then, I'm pretty sure I know who the Seer is anyway, so I'm not too bothered.
Old 08-03-2005, 07:54 AM   #332
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

Quote:
I'm thinking that Wilwarin is actually guilty, unless somebody *coughshirrifcough* can vouch for her innocence.
The problem with this is that they can't vouch for eachother's innocence beyond a certain point. We all know they can't actually reveal themselves, but I don't think they're allowed to say so much that they basically reveal themselves either.

Quote:
Decided in each other's innocence, eh?
'Twould be a bungling pair of wolves indeed to do that, & a far too daring pair that would try to bluff by doing that.

You know, I just thought of something. There is an extremely off chance that Oromin is a sherrif. I know that sounds wierd, but think about it. There's a good chance that the wolves know who the sherrifs are. If that is the case then they wouldn't kill them at night & they wouldn't allow attention to be centered on them during the day - once one sherrif is dead the other could really hurt them. This could get very irritating for a pair of sherrifs that are just itching to reveal themselves; so if I was the other sherrif & I knew that Oromin would most likely have to back out later anyway...I would encourage her to get herself lynched so that I could reveal myself.

Admittedly, that is a stretch, but if it is true than we should either lynch Oro now, knowing that it would actually help us; or keep her around as long as possible, knowing that she's innocent. But like I said, that's a pretty big stretch.

I still think Lhuna is more likely to be the wolf & Oro an ignorable cobbler; but I can see it won't make much of a difference who I vote for. Should I then vote bandwagon on Oro, knowing that she is most likely a cobbler or a wolf (with the off chance of her being a sherrif, I suppose), but finding it more likely that she's a cobbler who could be ignored instead of lynched? I have no idea right now...though I suppose if she is a wolf I will be suspected for 'defending' her with that bit.

I'd better smoke a bit to clear my head & blacken my lungs.
Old 08-03-2005, 08:01 AM   #333
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim
So you think the Seer should reveal him/herself? I could only possibly maybe possibly sort-of go along with this if he/she knows one wolf for definite.

But then, I'm pretty sure I know who the Seer is anyway, so I'm not too bothered.
I wholly agree and have said something very similar before. I'm just very worried that they may die soon. The choice tonight for the wolves will be out of 5 or 6 depending on who we kill today.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:49 AM   #334
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
The Day had not afforded much discussion, but the villagers were fairly set that Oromin was a wolf. And if she wasn’t, they’d be eliminating just that much more confusion from the town.

“So you will be taking my advice,” commented Oromin, a hint of amusement in her voice. “It’s about time.”

As in Days past, the jostling mob harried and herded Oromin up towards the gallows. One villager declared, “It’s all fixed up now. This hanging should go without a hitch.” There were some who had doubts, though – and they were right.

With confidence now, a few villagers stepped up to tie the noose around Oromin’s neck. Just barely had the rope settled around her shoulders before Oromin started to undergo a frightening transformation – deepened chest; stronger, more muscled legs, broadened snout, and thick grey hair all over her body. Without having the chance to tie the knot, the villagers still standing near leapt away from the beast now tenuously attached to their defective gallows.

The wolf Oromin lunged about on her leash, first outward towards the crowd, then back, bracing herself against the long arm of the gallows before jumping out again.

“She’s going to hang herself,” muttered one villager in mild relief. But as some villagers noted, the beating the gallows was getting from Oromin’s furious attacks was causing it to start rocking with Oromin’s lunges. With one last shove from Oromin’s furry legs, the rope around her neck broke and the gallows toppled over – by some strange chance of fortune, trapping Oromin underneath with the top beam of the gallows across her chest.

Oromin writhed and scrabbled at the heavy gallows trapping her in place. No one would venture near, for fear of being bitten, scratched, or otherwise harmed. One villager had an idea, though and climbed up on top of the long beam, well away from Oromin’s furious attacks.

“Crush the wolf!” he cried. The villagers quickly understood and with their combined weight weighing down on Oromin’s torso, her ribs soon cracked and her organs were crushed, killing her within seconds, and none too soon: not meant to hold so much weight, the wooden beam cracked. Their gallows was now overturned and broken beyond repair (not that it had ever worked anyway); they would need to find a new means of lynching their suspects.

The villagers returned to their homes in relative satisfaction at having caught a wolf, feeling confident that they could catch the last wolf tomorrow and be done with it. After their latest victory, anything seemed possible.

~*~*~*~

Living:

Encai
Eomer
Kath
Lhuna
Mormegil
Saurreg
TORE
Wilwarin

Dead:

Firefoot – drowned and burned by werewolves on Night 1
Nilpaurion (Ordinary Villager) – beat piñata style and killed by villagers on Day 1
Fea (Ordinary Villager) – gutted and stuffed by werewolves on Night 2
Oddwen (Ranger) – killed by Nilp’s villager-provoked wolves on Day 2
Durelin (Hunter) – Deadheaded by werewolves on Night 3
TGWBS (Ordinary Villager) - Slain by Hunter on Night 3
Kitanna (Werewolf) – Paralyzed and hung by villagers on Day 3
Dancing Spawn (Ordinary Villager) – Twisted like a pretzel and stuffed in a closet by werewolves on Night 4
Elf-Warrior (Ordinary Villager) – Stabbed through with knives by villagers on Day 4
LMP (Ordinary Villager) – Suffocated by werewolves on Night 5
Oromin (Werewolf) – Crushed under gallows by villagers on Day 5

Score:

Werewolves – 1
Villagers – 7

It is now Night 6. I need names from the Seer and remaining Wolf. Shirriffs should stop PM'ing. Night will end in 24 hours.
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 10:14 AM   #335
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
A red sun rose, heralding the dawn and the start of a new Day. A great many villagers would have preferred simply to stay in bed and leave the werewolf problem to work itself out… but, of course, this was not an option and the villagers reluctantly trudged out to the square for the morning head count, which revealed that they had once more lost once of their numbers during the night: Kath was conspicuously absent.

With a tingling of dread, the villagers traipsed off to Kath’s simple cottage. The door was opened, so the villagers went right on in where they were met by a gory sight. Kath’s body lay in a heap on the floor, her head face down. The back of her head was a gory mess… in fact, where was the back of her head? Apparently, Kath had been scalped!

One of the villagers tried to take a step forward for a closer look and tripped. The villagers didn’t see what but realized that it must have been a some kind of wire or string because at the same moment the villager tripped, Kath’s body sprung up as if alive, hanging from the ceiling. For a few instants, her eyeless face gazed eerily out at them before the villager who had tripped hastily untangled his foot from the tripwire and Kath’s body fell once more to the floor with a whump.

What was more, the remaining wolf had been excessively eager with the scalping, taking out the back of Kath’s skull – so that when Kath’s body once more crumpled to the ground, her brains began to spill out at impact. The villagers hastily averted their eyes at this gruesome sight.

Looking straight ahead, the villagers could see the mantelpiece, which they realized had been swiped clear of all its contents. Only three items remained: Kath’s scalp and her eyeballs. Kath’s Seeing eyes saw no more, and what was more: it seemed that any information she had gleaned on the villagers had been cast into the fireplace and burned. Nothing concrete had been left for them to follow up on.

“Dead men tell no tales,” mumbled someone.

Sickened by the sight of Kath’s body and having seen all they needed to know, the villagers hastened back outside, wondering who among them had committed this gruesome act.

~*~*~*~

Living:

Encai
Eomer
Lhuna
Mormegil
Saurreg
TORE
Wilwarin

Dead:

Firefoot – drowned and burned by werewolves on Night 1
Nilpaurion (Ordinary Villager) – beat piñata style and killed by villagers on Day 1
Fea (Ordinary Villager) – gutted and stuffed by werewolves on Night 2
Oddwen (Ranger) – killed by Nilp’s villager-provoked wolves on Day 2
Durelin (Hunter) – Deadheaded by werewolves on Night 3
TGWBS (Ordinary Villager) - Slain by Hunter on Night 3
Kitanna (Werewolf) – Paralyzed and hung by villagers on Day 3
Dancing Spawn (Ordinary Villager) – Twisted like a pretzel and stuffed in a closet by werewolves on Night 4
Elf-Warrior (Ordinary Villager) – Stabbed through with knives by villagers on Day 4
LMP (Ordinary Villager) – Suffocated by werewolves on Night 5
Oromin (Werewolf) – Crushed under gallows by villagers on Day 5
Kath (Seer) – Scalped with eyeballs ripped out by werewolves on Night 6

Score:

Werewolves – 1
Villagers – 6

It is now Day 6. Shirriffs may start PM’ing. Day will end in 24 hours.
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 10:26 AM   #336
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Boots

Well, it took them a while but they got there in the end. It is highly unfortunate that Kath was never the explicit sort, always with the maybes and whatnots. We must review what she had to tell us very carefully indeed.

One thing I'd like to add for now is this: I think Lhuna is the cobbler. She is all over me like the plague yet, as I hopefully made very clear yesterday (and which has surely been made crystal clear by Oromin's revealed secret (by the way - told you it was a good idea! )) I have not been acting in a wolvish manner whatsoever.

This leads me to believe that she is the cobbler and is trying to help the wolves, because no-one else is acting cobblerish as far as I can see. But I am more than prepared to lynch her today to put the worry beyond doubt. What say you villagers?

I'm off to study the words of our late Seer.
Old 08-04-2005, 10:36 AM   #337
Saurreg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Yer Gawds! Our seer iz dead und seeh hasn't rrevealed anythung yet!

Or has seeh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
but I think mormegil should be looked at more closely over the course of the day
D'ish iz dah only linky dah lass leif before dah blasted wulf scalped 'er und took out 'er eyeballs. Was it just und educated deduction? Or was it 'er way of telli' us somethung abou' ou' over eager, bloodthirsty axe-schwirm Morm.

So far dah execu'or has not rrevealed anything to kast sus'pis on 'imself. But now me haf me doubts. Dah man has pointed his grimmy fingers at almost everybo' in dis'h village but never chased after wif an iron will like me to Wilwarin. Ie seemed to be pokng 'ere und there, stirring dah pot this way und that but once someone becomes prime beef, he almost immediately stops what 'e was going after und jumped on dah bandwagon.

So me bite dah arrow head wif mah teeth und kast me vote wif dah hope dat the dead lass was rite:

++mormegil

Dah execu'or must go! Join me me fellow villagers.
Old 08-04-2005, 10:55 AM   #338
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Saurreg I believe you are forgetting that I was the person who went most avidly against Durelin. I was wrong of course and I rue that decision. However the problem is that Kath did not give anything definitive the very thing I was fearing. I hope our investigation into what she said turns up something. But this is exactly why I thought she should reveal herself. I began suspecting that Kath was our seer two days ago and attempted to subtley follow her lead, which you can see if you look closely into it.

I'm highly surprised at how quick Saurreg is to want to kill me and he accuses me of being blood thirsty. If the village decides to kill me I will accept my fate but you will be killing an innocent.

The reason I believe Kath pointed a little bit towards me is because she may have dreampt of both Oromin and Wilwarin and seeing my slight change of heart thought that I may be a wolf. If this is the case that would make Wilwarin innocent. This would mean she hadn't dreampt of me yet and would have done so last night. One other possibility is that she had dreampt of me and knew me to be innocent but wanted to try and throw the wolves off her trail by accusing an innocent while she search for the wolf at night. These are my guesses though I will be reviewing what Kath said more closely unlike Saurreg.
Old 08-04-2005, 10:59 AM   #339
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

Quote:
Dah execu'or must go! Join me me fellow villagers.
I'm not about to at this time of day. With 23 hours & 48 minutes left, Saurreg casts a vote. Interesting, indeed. Now your logic, you may have a point there. But still, like Eomer said, Kath didn't do a whole lot of straight talking - even your refrence there to Mormegil is an "I think".

I am inclined to think that Mormegil is innocent, despite his half-suspicions of me. I am inclined to think that Enca & Wilwa stand good chances of being sheriffs (<---hey, I finally figured out how to spell it! ); unless Enca is a wolf trying to bind herself to Wilwa, but I find that doubtful. I am inclined to believe that Eomer is innocent. I am certainly inclined to believe that I am innocent. I am inclined to believe that Lhuna is either a cobbler (likely) or a wolf running a bold bluff the way she has. I wouldn't mind finding out, though. I am inclined to believe I don't know what to make of Saurreg, but I don't like casting votes twelve minutes into the DAY.

Therefore my suspect list (which Morm is usually fond of ) is:

1.Lhuna
2.Saurreg
3.Wilwarin (a distant third)
4.Enca
5.(tied)Mormegil & Eomer
6.TORE

edit: cross-posted with Mormegil & am now further convinced of his innocence because of the reasonable defense he gave of himself.
Old 08-04-2005, 11:15 AM   #340
Saurreg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Und what of dah time when i became yer first sus'pis in dah first place? Without proof nor sound rreason? Didcha stop to think carefully when yer pointed dah finger at me. I think yer did.

Me asked those dat suspected me to state thier rreasons why. Fea never got dah chance cuz she was lynched und d spawn later admited seh did so in jes'. But yer never responded und lo! What do me eyes see, yer brand me an innocent one so after. Very fickle no?

Besides dat, how about yer tiered lis' of furst rank und second rank und therefore suspects? All complied in dah first couple of days when no one else around had any inking about what to do becuz there were too many of us[/b]. How could yer haf been so sur'd when everybo' around was busy waiting to read other's posts. All of cuz except Fea - but she was egoistic, loudmouthed und at dah end innocent.

By dah might be a catch which may be linked to Fea's death - of dah 'emfamous observation by dah late Fea about you, Kitanna und Eomer being wulves cuz they both jumped to yer defence? Eomer gave a plausible rreason why 'e did so und dat took my sus'pisons of 'im but kitanna was shifty und she never rreally answered to dah accusation und she was found to be a wulf.

Und dah on dah second day, yer immediately tried to kast doubt un our dear seer, dah sweet lass Kath. No one agreed cuz it was too far-fetch und all who read nev'r found anythung strange about Kath's words but yer. So yer little twirl went on unnoticed until Kitana came trotting by und pointed out again without not too korrectly dat some village "heat" was on Kath which was not true cuz no one else really suspected dah lash - except yer.

So whatcha had been doing was stirring dah pot trying to play unto ur fears und hopefully mislead us into voting wildly und in konfusion.

Edit: Cross-posted with TORE.
Old 08-04-2005, 11:29 AM   #341
mormegil
Maundering Mage

You are correct Saurreg I do question a lot of people and suspect many especially early on when we have nothing to go on. So my attempt is to gauge reactions to what I say. I find that much better than sitting quietly around hoping to guess. I see no reason to think I'm a wolf because I have thought others suspicious. I feel that weather or not I actual pin down a wolf I contribute greatly by stirring the pot, so to speak.
Old 08-04-2005, 11:46 AM   #342
Saurreg
Shade of Carn Dûm

But dah prob iz dat once yer got yer rreaction, yer never followed up. When dah crowd moved in another direction, yer threw away dah fish yer caught und rushed on over. Dat's another thing I find trroubling.

Und also wot of those bold "me-suspect' lists? Yer dah only one in dah village who does so frequently. If could be yer very confident (but dah record shows underwis'h) of your think'in or most prob, dis'h is yer shield, a very powerful way of puttin' others on dah defensive to clear their names before yer, lest others suspect also. Rremember what deh always say - dah best defence is und offense. Wot better way to distance yerself from sus'pis then to krreate sus'pis on others.

I haf double checked me klaims on how Kitanna supported yer sus'pis on Kath und me stand by dah statement. No one except for dah foolish lad Elf-warrior (who voted for 'imself even though innocent) approved but he was a young lad, easily influenced.
Old 08-04-2005, 12:06 PM   #343
mormegil
Maundering Mage

I am finished in my defense and will let what I have said speak for itself. I will focus my attention and energy on catching a wolf. We know that there are only 2 shirriffs left and one wolf. Meaning the only one with any sure knowledge is the wolf. I will go and do some back reading to see if I can find anything out because there is no use in arguing to naseum my innocence being that Saurreg already voted for me.
Old 08-04-2005, 01:17 PM   #344
mormegil
Maundering Mage

In reading all of Kath's post I think we can say only one thing for certain and that is Wilwarin is innocent. Early on Kath voiced much suspicion on Wilwa and actually wanted her lynched immediately after Kitanna but by the end in Post 315 she almost unequivocally stated that Wilwa is innocent.

One more item on my defense that I noticed in rereading Kath is notice on Day 3 that's where I began to know she was the seer and see how I begin to echo her and attempt to take charge so as to save her from the wolves. When I was asking the seer to come forward I was asking Kath and I read her response and asked again the next day. She told us also in that post 315 that she didn't know who the wolves are otherwise she would tell us, but then to keep apperances up she says she thinks I should be watched. A good attempt to aver the attention of the wolf however it didn't work. Now this doesn't scream that I'm innocent but I think we can imply that I am based on what Kath said. She used me, knowing I'm innocent, to show the wolf that she didn't know what was going on thus not the seer.

I am thinking of either Lhuna or Saurreg. Lhuna because of what has been discussed in length up til now and Saurreg because of his vehemence against me and his earlier reactions when I accused him. He goes off wildly when anybody accuses him.
Old 08-04-2005, 03:39 PM   #345
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Boots

Unfortunately for us, Kath didn't really pick the best people to dream about (not that I mean to insult the dead or anything ). There are two in particular that I am puzzling over at the moment. And now that they are locking horns it seems plausible that one of them will be dead come nightfall (that tends to be how these situations go, isn't it? )

I'd much rather kill Lhunardawen. I think she's probably the cobbler but I'd like to make sure. She's certainly more explicitly suspicious than Morm or Saurreg. Do away with her first!

But....I can afford to hold my vote. I may need it before the day is over.
Old 08-04-2005, 03:46 PM   #346
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

Quote:
But....I can afford to hold my vote. I may need it before the day is over
I second that. I really have never seen the point in voting real early...the night before would be the max for me. I know it can look suspicious to be the last person to vote but I'm equally suspicious of those that cast votes without hearing any arguments.

That said, I am still more suspicious of Lhuna than Saurreg. I've been suspicious of that Lhunatic for quite awhile & that's probably the way I'm going to vote.
Old 08-04-2005, 04:08 PM   #347
mormegil
Maundering Mage

TORE
Eomer
Mormegil
Saurreg

Wilwarin
Lhuna
Encai

These are our remaining villagers. The bottom group has yet spoken at all today. I would like to hear from them fairly soon.

Right now I feel confident about Wilwarin's innocence.
Encai I'm feel pretty good about her.
TORE and Eomer almost from the beginning. I have thought them innocent though they have played in a way that I could see a very wolf acting. I will not expound on that now because I do not believe that they are wolves but could be. I say this because I believe both of them capable of being that clever.
Lhuna could be a wolf but now that Oromin is dead and a wolf I'm more convinced that she's the cobbler, reason being is that I can't picture the wolves agreeing to have both people do that similar of a strategy and if she's not the cobbler then who is?
That leaves Saurreg he's been on and off my suspicion list but came flying up to the top today with his vehemence towards me. I guess mainly he's at my top by default. I don't suspect the others enough with the possible exception of Lhuna so if I were to decide who to lynch in order I would have to say

Saurreg
Lhuna
Eomer
Encai
TORE
Wilwarin
Old 08-04-2005, 06:07 PM   #348
Saurreg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil
He goes off wildly when anybody accuses him.
If dis'h ol' foggy had gone off wildy, yer would haf expected to see pages of rant from me against yer under others who simply included me in 'eir post. So where's dat.

I post me thoughts base on the posts available und you came back with nothing to yer defence but personal attacks? Now dat's somethung worth reading into more.

EDIT: Me sees yer resorting to dah ol' tricks of putting up yer most sus'pis list again. If dat be yer way of putting me on guard und directing dah rest of the villagers at me, me wun be fuzzed.
Old 08-04-2005, 10:45 PM   #349
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Here's a list of all of Kath's posts and what they contained.

DAY 1

#16 - No accusations or defenses.
#19 - "No gifted villager can really hint at their role until at least one wolf is dead."
#23 - Says she was actually just thinking of the Shirriffs when she wrote the above quote.
#46 - Asks for clarification regarding the role of the cobbler.
#68 - Suspects TGWBS because he is "far too keen to lynch people".
#70 - Says TGWBS accuses without reason.

Does not vote.

DAY 2

#152 - Attributes her lack of vote to RL problems and not being able to get on the computer in time.
#168 - Long post. Can't believe people thought Nilp was a wolf because "his act was just too obvious." Thinks Kitanna voted for Nilp out of the fear that if he really was a wolf, suspicion would be cast on her. Says she will closely watch Encai and make a decision later. Thinks innocent: Mormegil, Wilwa, Dancing Spawn, Eomer. Neutral/unsure about: Oddwen, TGWBS, Kitanna, Saurreg, Encai, TE-W, LMP, TORE. Suspicious of: Durelin, Oromin, Lhuna. Thinks that Lhuna's howling and odd behavior might be a way to hide in the open.
#200 - Mentions suspicions of Oddwen, Durelin, TGWBS, and TE-W. Votes for Durelin.

DAY 3

#217 - Says if Oromin were indeed the cobbler, we should not lynch her; suggests she might be a wolf in disguise. Is suspicious of Wilwa, Kitanna, and TE-W.
#219 - Asks Kitanna to clarify theory regarding TE-W.
#221 - Reiterates suspicion of Kitanna and TE-W.
#226 - Says she "sincerely believe[s]" Kitanna is a wolf and Oromin most likely the cobbler. Thinks only one of the two Oromin named (Wilwa and Lhuna) is a wolf. Is now unsure regarding TE-W.
#236 - Creates plan to lynch, in order, Kitanna, Wilwa, and TE-W. Says if one of them is innocent, Oromin should then be lynched.
#240 - Disagrees with Kitanna that Oromin's absence will hurt the game.
#243 - Says she would not mind changing the lynch order to Kitanna, TE-W, Wilwa. Wants everyone to agree on a plan.
#259 - Says TE-W is placing blame on her to avoid getting lynched himself. Votes for Kitanna.

DAY 4

#283 - Is apprehensive towards the idea of the Seer revealing him/herself. Says TE-W should be suspected before Oromin.
#299 - Wants a double-lynching of TE-W and Oromin. Urges TE-W, Oromin, and Wilwa to vote for Oromin to make this possible. Votes for Oromin.

DAY 5

#315 - Wants to lynch Oromin. Is no longer suspicious of Wilwa. Is "worried" about Eomer.
#318 - Asks about the role of the Cursed Villager.
#327 - "At the moment I would guess that the Seer does not know who the wolves are or they would have revealed themselves for the good of the village." Is suspicious of Morm. Votes for Oromin.

-------------------------------------------------

So what does all this mean? Who might she have dreamed about? The first DAY she makes nothing clear to us. It would seem that she was suspicious of TGWBS, but we know he was innocent. From her posts on DAY 2, she suspects Oddwen, Durelin, TGWBS, and TE-W. All of these were innocent. DAY 3, votes for Kitanna. She may have dreamt about her. I think she dreamt about Oromin as well, since she very much wanted her dead. Also, I think she might have dreamt about me, since she said she was going to watch me closely.

I don't really know who to suspect. The remaining wolf is playing it very close to the vest -- and let's not forget about the Cursed Villager! Vote wisely, O Lovelanders, lest we release another wolf among us!
Encaitare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 11:08 PM   #350
mormegil
Maundering Mage

I've given it a lot of thought and I'm not convinced of Saurreg's guilt. I truly believe Lhuna is the cobbler so, in my eyes, the most suspicious is Saurreg. The problem I have with this is a single wolf at this stage wouldn't be acting this way. Because if he was successful in lynching me and he kills one more tonight he will be killed in the day and the village wins. I think, now, that he may simply be a misguided innocent.

If that's the case do I want to lynch Eomer? I don't know. Does anybody else have any feelings or ideas on this?

Also we have yet to hear from Wilwa and Lhuna. I would like to hear from Wilwa because I believe her innocent and therefore has a more valueable opinion than the others.

I think I will see about rereading Eomer and seeing what I can find.
Old 08-05-2005, 12:30 AM   #351
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Okay I've now reread all of Eomer's post and I think him to be either completely innocent or the greatest double bluffing wolf of all time. For Eomer to be a wolf he would have had to had Kitanna and Oromin agree that he can lead the charge in lynching them and that's a major piece that's holding me back from him.

I'll wait till morning but I may vote Saurreg.
Old 08-05-2005, 01:26 AM   #352
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Silmaril Half *hic* Moon?

Oh dear...I knew it! I knew Kath was the Seer! And alas *hic* it is as I thought it would *hic* be - she died without so much as explicitly *hic* revealing *hic* something substantial *hic*. What shall *hic* happen to Loveland *hic* now?

To be honest, I was so surprised to find that Oromin was indeed a werewolf *hic*. I was very confident that she was merely *hic* the cobbler *hic* playing *hic* her role *hic* the way it is supposed to be played *hic*. Whatever her idea was in getting herself *hic* lynched *hic* like *hic* that, I sure am glad *hic* she cannot terrorize the village *hic* any longer *hic*.

That brings me to believe *hic* that she might have had an agreement with her fellow lycan *hic* to lynch *hic* her so as to throw the trail *hic* off the remaining wolf *hic*. With that said, I suggest we look *hic* very closely *hic* at those who were so eager to get her lynched *hic*.

Quote:
But I am more than prepared to lynch her today to put the worry beyond doubt.
Quote:
Therefore my suspect list is:

1. Lhuna
Quote:
I'd much rather kill Lhunardawen. I think she's probably the cobbler but I'd like to make sure. She's certainly more explicitly suspicious than Morm or Saurreg. Do away with her first!
Quote:
That said, I am still more suspicious of Lhuna than Saurreg. I've been suspicious of that Lhunatic for quite awhile & that's probably the way I'm going to vote.
I am almost *hic* inclined *hic* to think both of you are werewolves *hic*, but of course that is impossible *hic*. Maybe one of you is the real *hic* werewolf *hic*, and he could *hic* be guffawing so hard right now because the other one fell *hic* for his feigned innocence. Who is who, I have no idea.

I do not know to what extent I have to convince you that I am as ordinary as ordinary can be. If you see it fitting to lynch *hic* me, have it your way. But I tell *hic* you, if you do, all *hic* of you will *hic* be buried in guilt *hic* and shame - save one, who will *hic* merely *hic* pretend to do so but deep inside is laughing *hic* its heart out at your gullibility *hic*.

*gasps*

I want you all *hic* to take a good, long *hic* look *hic* at this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Encaitare
Also, I think she might have dreamt about me, since she said she was going to watch me closely.
A Freudian slip *hic*, eh?

I cannot delay *hic* any longer *hic*, but I will *hic* take a few minutes to think about my (possibly *hic*) last *hic* vote. Needless *hic* to say, I am choosing among Eomer, Estel *hic*, and Enca, the last *hic* just because of that suspicious statement.

Last edited by Lhunardawen; 08-05-2005 at 01:36 AM. Reason: a little *hic* hard to read
Old 08-05-2005, 02:30 AM   #353
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Silmaril

Oh...my pounding head...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil
Okay I've now reread all of Eomer's post and I think him to be either completely innocent or the greatest double bluffing wolf of all time. For Eomer to be a wolf he would have had to had Kitanna and Oromin agree that he can lead the charge in lynching them and that's a major piece that's holding me back from him.
If there is anyone who could pull *hic* that off, it is Eomer.

And, take a look *hic* at this:
Quote:
Kath, you really made me laugh with this: "Eomer has the deaths of a good few innocents under his belt."
Seems to me the Seer was not very subtle *hic* after all *hic*.

++EOMER OF THE ROHIRRIM
Old 08-05-2005, 06:17 AM   #354
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Boots

Something you failed to mention Enca?

#327 - Kath admits that her suspicions of Eomer have no basis.

This seems to clear me from Lhuna's later accusations. She says that maybe the Seer wasn't so subtle; maybe she did catch wolf-Eomer! Well, if she did then why did she retract her suspicions of me? I believe the suspicion and the retraction happened in the same day. I doubt that Kath had the opportunity to dream about me and for that I curse the Wolf's timing; if he/she had left it another day then I'm sure Kath would have dreamt of me and I would have been cleared.

It's pretty obvious that Kath did not dream about me, because that information would contradict her flip-flopping over me on the same day.

Lhunardawen is being ridiculous. Her accusations against me make little sense. Of course (and this goes for Mormegil as well) I could be a stunningly awesome wolf by helping to kill my fellow wolves, but don't any of you (especially Lhuna) think that that's stretching things just a little bit?

I'll say it again because apparently amazingly good evidence counts for little in Loveland:

-I was one of the first to forcefully attack Kitanna.

-I was the one who pointed out again and again that the clever option was to kill Oromin (and lo and behold! it turned out to be a good idea)

-I attacked those who supported me (Fea, lmp), suicide for a wolf.

What is so hard about this? Why can't you see? I am clearly not a wolf. Stop voting for me.

Right now, I am suspicious of Morm, Saurreg, Lhuna, maybe even Estel and Enca. I'm fairly certain of wilwarin's innocence. As of right now, I have no idea where my vote is going.
Old 08-05-2005, 06:28 AM   #355
Saurreg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Dear laddie, how in loveland can yer suspect me after all dat me posted?

I would like to hear from yer too.
Old 08-05-2005, 06:38 AM   #356
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Boots

Actually, Saurreg is right to question. I think I posted my suspicion list in a careless manner. I should never have bothered with a list; I don't even like them.

Saurreg has done nothing to make me suspicious of him

Likewise, Enca is probably innocent. I just spoke against her because of her comprehensive, yet still selective, collection of Kath's musings, which seemed pretty unfair to me.

It's Mormegil after Lhuna for me. To him it must be quite scary but to me Saurreg's reasoning seems fair. I was worried by Morm's rather arbitrary suspicion lists earlier on in the thread. Now that I think about it, TORE is a big fan of these lists too...

But Mormegil's 'stirring of the pot' (as Saurreg put it) has been evident, wolvish or no, and his suspicion of me has, like I say, no basis whatsoever. Because I am sure that Lhuna is the cobbler, I am leaning toward voting for Mormegil. But I can wait.
Old 08-05-2005, 07:15 AM   #357
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

Quote:
I was worried by Morm's rather arbitrary suspicion lists earlier on in the thread. Now that I think about it, TORE is a big fan of these lists too...
Not really. When lmp accused me of being too "wide-ranging" in my suspicions I've tried to clarify them - mostly in that one post with that one list.

More later.
Old 08-05-2005, 08:30 AM   #358
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Boots

A quick question: Who are the Cobbler suspects? As far as I can see, there is only Lhunardawen.

Of course, this is terribly biased. I am basing this on my own innocence and what I believe has been a lucid, coherent defence, yet she still persists in attacking me. She's trying to draw attention away from the wolves (now wolf). She's being very proactive, whereas I think the remaining wolf is keeping much quieter.

That's why I'm now reluctant to lynch her.

By the way, am I assuming too much with Enca and wilwa? That about which they cannot yet speak? I think we need some reassurance here.

Last edited by Eomer of the Rohirrim; 08-05-2005 at 08:32 AM. Reason: I'm....not...sure.....How did I get here?
Eomer of the Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 08:56 AM   #359
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhuna
A Freudian slip *hic*, eh?
No. A statement.

Quote:
Something you failed to mention Enca?
Quote:
I just spoke against her because of her comprehensive, yet still selective, collection of Kath's musings, which seemed pretty unfair to me.
I apologize. I was not trying to tip the scales, but merely to quickly summarize. I hope I did not miss anything else!

This will have to be my last post for toDay, so I shall vote

++mormegil

because he was who Kath suspected just before her death.

(By the way, I believe Wilwa said she'd be away for a few days, so that's why we have not heard from her.)
Encaitare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 08:59 AM   #360
mormegil
Maundering Mage

If I die I think you ought to look closely at those who want me dead. Right now I am most convinced of Saurreg's guilt possibly Eomer but I feel the Lhuna is definately the cobbler.