The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-28-2005, 10:24 AM   #201
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots

Ok, I have littlemanpoet to answer to.

You're right sir, I do suspect you in good faith. I am innocent of being a wolf and I believe you are more than slightly likely to be a wolf.

Here's why I (and others) say things like "It looks like so-and-so is going to die today" Assessing the discussion and the suspicion, it's hardly very likely that just anyone is going to die, now is it? When I said that today about Durelin it did appear to me obvious that she was going to get more votes than anyone. Apparently my powers of persuasion are rather brilliant (I'm guilty of that! ) Look, I'm as surprised as anyone that people have started to vote for Oddwen. But if it'll make you happy, then I won't say any such thing from now on. Because anything can happen!

About defending tgwbs, these are my thoughts. I am not so much defending him as I am attacking others. Ok, that is a slight defence of him, but I prefer to put emphasis on the other edge of the knife (that's a rubbish metaphor, so don't bother pointing that out!) If it makes you happy then kill tgwbs. Certainly I'm not sure he's innocent. But he is not near the top of my list.

Last edited by Eomer of the Rohirrim; 07-28-2005 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Other Other? What does that mean???
Eomer of the Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 10:26 AM   #202
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Will you take a risk and kill a Gifted?

There are curretnly

5 votes Oddwen
3 votes Durelin
1 vote Kitanna

=9 votes total
15 voters in the village

There are seven votes left.
Durelin and Oddwen both claim to be gifted.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 10:30 AM   #203
Saurreg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Saurreg has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Saurreg Send a message via MSN to Saurreg
So lit' time left. Now me kast me vote:

++Dath Hedah Durelin

Dah lass made too many posts und seems to me seeh was trying a little too hard. Enuff for me to suspect 'er.
Old 07-28-2005, 10:30 AM   #204
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
Well, Durelin has made her role clear, and it is obviously beneficial if she hangs about a little while. If Oddwen really is gifted, then why not tell us your role? Or if you're a Shirriff, name the other one. Don't just sit there making a fuss and not telling us anything!
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 10:31 AM   #205
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Actually, Oddwen, I think I counted four votes for Durelin thanks to Kath's vote. As to claiming to be gifted that's just it - it's a claim. And the claim has to convince me for me to believe it. As it is I think I will vote for ++ Lhuna, she is acting suspiciously - could be a wolf, could be the cobbler. If the rest of the village thinks that both Durelin & Oddwen really are gifted - & if they're not yet convinced of Kitanna's guilt; I would advice voting for Lhuna so we can find out what she is for sure.

edit: lots of cross-posting & tgwbs I don't think if Oddwen is actually a sherrif she'd be allowed to say anything about it - that includes her partner. I think the votes are now tied at the top, 5-5, though I could be wrong.
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 10:37 AM   #206
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Quote:
Well, Durelin has made her role clear, and it is obviously beneficial if she hangs about a little while.
Because of this and Durelin's own post earlier, I have a feeling Durelin isn't guilty. So I will cast my vote.

++Oddwen
Old 07-28-2005, 10:42 AM   #207
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
The time is running out.
Durelin, here's a hasty explanation for my last vote. My theory got ruined since I had misinterpreted one of wilwa's and E-w's posts. When I realized that, I hadn't time or a proper reason to go agains them again so I chose to vote the next most suspicious person. Why it was you? Look answers from my post #115 and mormegil's post #163.

Currently, it's 5 votes for Durelin, 6 for Oddwen and 1 for Kitanna and 1 for Lhuna.

Durelin, according to your own methods (post #93) I should vote for you now because you're suspicious of me.
Seriously though, I find Durelin more suspicious than Oddwen.

This situation is driving me crazy! I almost already wrote Durelin's name here with two plus marks but if possible, there's still one person I find more suspicious than Oddwen and Durelin. Fingers crossed I shall vote for ++KITANNA. Am I avoiding my responsibility by choosing someone with only one vote when it's possible that she might not even meet with the gallows tonight? Whatever!!!
Old 07-28-2005, 10:43 AM   #208
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
There are 20 minutes left; 3 of you have not voted. I will be annoyed if the vote becomes tied, so there.
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 10:48 AM   #209
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Ranger, Range thyself

I am your Guardian. Will my lonely vigils be in vain?
If I'm not lynched today, Durelin will be. If she is not a wolf, I shall likely be killed tonight.

My suspicions of wolfhood belong to Kitanna, Guy, Wilwa, and perhaps Elf-Warrior. Lhuna confuses me also.

Wish I knew more to say, but I don't.

PS - hey, I just doubled my post count!

PPS - Flowers? Why thankee Eomer, but I'd rather receive them while I'm still alive.

edited to add PPPS: a seer is more important than a guardian anyway. do what you will.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 10:50 AM   #210
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots

I feel absolutely horrible right now....

This is like watching a car-crash.
Old 07-28-2005, 10:58 AM   #211
Saurreg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Saurreg has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Saurreg Send a message via MSN to Saurreg
Yer said it laddie. 'tis brreaking me hart too!

Oooh sweeeet Oddy, mayhaps me be daft, but I cannae find anythung against yer und yet me follow villagers go fur dah kill. Are yer tryly our guurad'an angle, sent by dah gre't Earthmodma to look aft'r us?

Ooooh dah suspense, me hart canne take it anymoore.

If yer innocent, den um sooo soorry cuz it seems yer buying dah big one. I would like to haf show'd yer around lassie, maybe cook up a haggis or two. Yer kind brrings in dah big bucks.

Ooohh. Ooohh.
Old 07-28-2005, 11:01 AM   #212
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

And so the Day ends. Expect Oddwen's death soon.
Old 07-28-2005, 11:29 AM   #213
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Despite her protests, the villagers had chosen. Oddwen, a mere tourist who was unfortunate to be caught up in the troubles of Loveland, would die tonight.

“I tried to tell you!” she cried out over the clamors of the mob. “I’m your Ranger! Your guardian! Honest!” But the mob had simply gained too much momentum by then.

“If that’s so, you haven’t done such a great job of it!” yelled someone cruelly.

The mob herded her off towards the village square – towards the gallows. As the gallows rose into sight, however, doubt wavered in the hearts of the villagers. They hadn’t had a whole lot of luck with the gallows the previous night…

At this point, the executioner was able to make himself heard: “My axe is sharpened!” But he was overridden by another voice: “Let Nilp’s wolves kill the wolf! They’ve not eaten recently. Let the wolves kill the wolf!”

The mob seemed to forget any inkling that this might be their ranger that they were killing as a chant went up, “Wolves to kill the wolf! Wolves to kill the wolf!” They changed directions and headed out of town for Nilp’s wolf farm.

The wolves, curious about all the noise, gathered near the fence of their enclosure as the mob drew near. The villagers lost some time in figuring out how the latch on the gate worked, but eventually it was opened and Oddwen was shoved inside. “Maybe those wolves really will be good for something,” someone commented.

"This is the most unloving village I've ever had the misfortune to visit," grumbled Oddwen.

Now, wolves don’t usually attack people, and at least a few of the villagers realized this. They began to throw sticks and stones at the wolves to provoke them, and between fright and hunger they concerted their attacks on the available victim – Oddwen. In desperation, Oddwen drew back her cloak, and the villagers realized that this was no mere traveler’s cloak; it served a second purpose in covering Oddwen’s weapons of defense. As the wolves attacked, Oddwen did her best to defend herself, but the wolves’ sharp teeth, raw strength, and sheer numbers were no match for Oddwen and her sword. Though many wolves were wounded, and one or two killed, eventually Oddwen was overcome as one of the wolves made a lunge for her throat. Soon Oddwen collapsed to the ground, her body scored with tooth-slashes and her throat mangled.

The villagers had watched the whole thing in stunned silence. “She really was the Ranger… and we killed her,” mumbled that one villager. And as always, that villager spoke the truth. No longer did the village have protection from the werewolves – the wolves were ecstatic.

~*~*~*~

Living:

Dancing Spawn
Durelin
Elf-warrior
Encai
Eomer
Kath
Kitanna
Lhuna
LMP
Mormegil
Oromin
Saurreg
TGWBS
TORE
Wilwarin

Dead:

Firefoot – drowned and burned by werewolves on Night 1
Nilpaurion (Ordinary Villager) – beat piñata style and killed by villagers on Day 1
Fea (Ordinary Villager) – gutted and stuffed by werewolves on Night 2
Oddwen (Ranger) – killed by Nilp’s villager-provoked wolves on Day 2

Score:

Werewolves – 3
Villagers – 12

It is now Night 3. I need names from the Werewolves, Hunter, and Seer. Shirriffs should stop PM’ing. Night will end in 24 hours.

Last edited by Firefoot; 07-29-2005 at 04:41 PM. Reason: 1. Give Oddwen some last words 2. Oddwen is, in fact, dead
Old 07-29-2005, 10:57 AM   #214
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Despite the late hour, the hunter Durelin had not fallen asleep. She knew that her chances of dying tonight were high, so she remained armed and vigilant, ready for what the werewolves might bring.

Sure enough, she soon spotted three werewolves making their way to her house. She crept downstairs, drawing her sword. If she could, she would take one of them with her.

So when the wolves came through the door, the surprise attack was turned on them. They leapt at her, their sharp teeth gleaming as they snarled. The element of surprise was with Durelin, and many of her blows came too close for comfort, and she may have even beaten the wolves had they not decided to retreat and regroup, then come back in a more organized fashion.

“One of you was TGWBS,” murmured Durelin as they departed. “I’m sure of it.” So while she had a break from the furious attacks of the wolves, Durelin hastened to the blacksmith’s house, which was, in fact, next door. She found that TGWBS was not asleep at all and assumed it was because of wolfish activities, though in actuality he had been woken up by the commotion next door.

“I knew it was you! Thought you could hide from me here, didn’t you!” said Durelin triumphantly.

TGBWS held his blacksmith’s hammer ready, the only weapon accessible to him at the moment. He tried to ease what seemed to him Durelin’s utter madness. “You’re making a mista-” But Durelin’s age belied her swiftness. Taking the hammer to be a threat, she plunged her sword through TGWBS’s heart while TGWBS could only begin to swing his hammer in defense. Durelin’s face paled as TGWBS slumped to the ground – no wolf was he, but an ordinary villager.

Nor was Durelin ready when the real wolves burst through the door. In haste, she tried to pull her sword from TGWBS’s body, but to no avail. She was already scored with slashes by the time she was able to face the now organized wolves. As she swung her sword towards one of them, a second caught her wrist neatly in its mouth and snapped off her hand. She still fought valiantly with a knife in her other hand, but Durelin Erchamion was no match for three vicious wolves. Like so many flowers that Durelin had dead-headed, the wolves ripped her head from her body.

Durelin had been quite correct in saying that werewolves disliked flowers, and for their “victory lap” the wolves ripped the blossoms off every single one of Durelin’s plants in delight. Their night had been entirely successful, after all – two innocents dead where they had thought only to kill one!

~*~*~*~

Living:

Dancing Spawn
Elf-warrior
Encai
Eomer
Kath
Kitanna
Lhuna
LMP
Mormegil
Oromin
Saurreg
TORE
Wilwarin

Dead:

Firefoot – drowned and burned by werewolves on Night 1
Nilpaurion (Ordinary Villager) – beat piñata style and killed by villagers on Day 1
Fea (Ordinary Villager) – gutted and stuffed by werewolves on Night 2
Oddwen (Ranger) – killed by Nilp’s villager-provoked wolves on Day 2
Durelin (Hunter) – Dead-handed and dead-headed by werewolves on Night 3
TGWBS (Ordinary Villager) - Slain by Hunter on Night 3

Score:

Werewolves – 3
Villagers – 10

It is now Day 3. Shirriffs may begin PM'ing; Wolves should stop. Day will end in 24 hours.

Last edited by Firefoot; 07-29-2005 at 04:38 PM.
Old 07-29-2005, 11:02 AM   #215
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
I'm the Cobbler. Please lynch me.
Old 07-29-2005, 11:07 AM   #216
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Boots

I feel great shame for the part I played in yesterday's fiasco. In my melancholy, I read through everything said numerous times, and I am willing to share my ideas. Though I am less inclined to believe that the rest of the village is interested in my theories anymore.

But:

I still believe that there is a wolf who voted for tgwbs on DAY 1. That's either The Elf-Warrior or littlemanpoet.

I am slightly suspicious of Lhunardawen though now (and especially with tgwbs dead) I am thinking she is possibly the cobbler.

And one other villager who has shot to my attention after careful re-reading is Kitanna. I am finding her very suspicious indeed. I'll post more later, though with the benefit of hindsight, I am thinking I should probably just keep my mouth shut.

I am truly sorry for the dead, especially Oddwen and Durelin.
Old 07-29-2005, 11:14 AM   #217
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Quote:
If you are the cobbler Oromin then surely it is not in our best interests to lynch you when you have simply given us less people to look at in our search for a wolf. Or, you could be a wolf hiding behind the role of the Cobbler so that we will not lynch you.

Now Oddwen and Durelin are dead so let's have a look at the people they were suspicious of.

Oddwen:
Quote:
My suspicions of wolfhood belong to Kitanna, Guy, Wilwa, and perhaps Elf-Warrior. Lhuna confuses me also.
Durelin:
Quote:
Oddwen, Dancing Spawn, and Wilwa are the wolves.
Now we know that TGWBS was innocent. Wilwa was suspected by both of them so I would suggest keeping a close eye on her and I hope that she posts quite a lot today so we can see any clues in her behaviour. Yesterday Kitanna drew a great deal of suspicion, she was second or third on most people's lists, and having now seen that Oddwen and Durelin were innocent, and indeed gifted leaving only the Shirriffs and the Seer as active gifteds, I think we should concentrate on her as well.

EDIT: Having just seen Eomer's post I think Elf-Warrior deserves some attention too. He doesn't post often enough for my liking, I can't make any decisions about him, he could be a wolf hiding under the radar.
Old 07-29-2005, 11:20 AM   #218
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orominuialwen
*raises an eyebrow*

Oh my, I killed poor Oddwen! With my theory on Elf-Warrior shot I'm not sure of the guilty anymore. I was wrong two days in a row. I don't want to make it three. Though my Elf-Warrior theory is shot I still find lmp to be innocent. I also think morm is innocent. I'm not sure about anyone else. Though Wilwa should be watched...
Old 07-29-2005, 11:22 AM   #219
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Though my Elf-Warrior theory is shot
Sorry could you explain that? What was the theory and why is it shot? I think I missed it.
Old 07-29-2005, 11:24 AM   #220
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I thought Oddwen was the wolf and Elf-Warrior was a wolf, simply because of how they voted on Day 1. But since I was wrong about Oddwen I fear I may be wrong about Elf-Warrior too.
Old 07-29-2005, 11:27 AM   #221
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

I would say that Oddwen being innocent makes it more likely that Elf-Warrior is a wolf. It would be odd for two wolves to vote for the same person unless they were sure that pretty much the whole village was going to vote and not that many people did on Day 1. And, if you are a wolf as I am thinking at the moment then this sudden move away from suspecting someone seems a little suspicious to me.
Old 07-29-2005, 11:33 AM   #222
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Boots

Just noticed Oromin's post before mine; I'm not sure how seriously to treat it.
Old 07-29-2005, 11:50 AM   #223
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
I am a wolf. I am in circumstances that may make it difficult for me to participate, and at some point completely impossible. Do yourselves all a favor and lynch me. You'll kill a wolf, and not have to deal with a severe lack of posts from me. Lhuna and wilwa are my fellow wolves. Since I (hopefully) will no longer be here, I no longer care what happens. Believe me if you will. We discussed this last NIGHT and decided that the best way for me to get out would be to confuse the heck out of everybody so that you will vote for me sooner or later. Like I said, believe what you like, but if you don't lynch me, sooner or later I will have to pull out of the game if at all possible. Do yourselves all a favor and lynch me now.
Old 07-29-2005, 11:51 AM   #224
Kitanna
Child of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
I would say that Oddwen being innocent makes it more likely that Elf-Warrior is a wolf. It would be odd for two wolves to vote for the same person unless they were sure that pretty much the whole village was going to vote and not that many people did on Day 1. And, if you are a wolf as I am thinking at the moment then this sudden move away from suspecting someone seems a little suspicious to me.
This is how I thought of it. Oddwen was a wolf, her and Elf-Warrior had the plan to vote for the same person in hopes of gaining another vote.

Oddwen was not a wolf, though. So I am not so sure about Elf-Warrior. In any case I was flip-flopping on Elf-Warrior yesterday. And though at the moment I am completely unsure about Elf-Warrior. I didn't say he wasn't a wolf and I didn't say he was.
Old 07-29-2005, 12:11 PM   #225
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I don't trust a word Oromin is saying. First she says she's the cobbler, then she says she's a wolf. No matter what she is, she's not giving away any valuable information -- even the people she claims to be her fellow wolves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oromin
Lhuna and wilwa are my fellow wolves.
This is a lie on at least one account.

I suggest that the Seer should dream about Oromin tonight and find out what she's up to.

Last edited by Encaitare; 07-29-2005 at 12:17 PM. Reason: added the last bit...
Encaitare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 12:17 PM   #226
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Oromin is very confusing that is something I am sure of. And I personally think that she is the Cobbler. I would urge people not to vote for her because I think she is trying to protect the wolves, one of which I sincerely believe to be Kitanna. Therefore of the two people she has mentioned - wilwa and Lhuna - I think only one is actually a wolf. My suspicions there rest on wilwa who was mentioned by both our Hunter and our Ranger. Kitanna's change of heart about Elf-Warrior is causing me some trouble with deciding whether he is a wolf or not so I would appreciate hearing some more from him today so I can use his posts to make decisions rather than vague 'flipflopping' from Kitanna.
Old 07-29-2005, 12:38 PM   #227
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
Oromin is very confusing that is something I am sure of. And I personally think that she is the Cobbler. I would urge people not to vote for her because I think she is trying to protect the wolves, one of which I sincerely believe to be Kitanna. Therefore of the two people she has mentioned - wilwa and Lhuna - I think only one is actually a wolf. My suspicions there rest on wilwa who was mentioned by both our Hunter and our Ranger. Kitanna's change of heart about Elf-Warrior is causing me some trouble with deciding whether he is a wolf or not so I would appreciate hearing some more from him today so I can use his posts to make decisions rather than vague 'flipflopping' from Kitanna.
Kath I think I actual agree with you. Kitanna is very suspicious now, though I don't think after yesterday I deserve anybody's trust. My trust in my deductive powers has been shaken rather severely. I feel probably very similar to Eomer right now. I guess that's the problem with being vocal. I knew that they were acting different and therefore my suspicion was on them.

I've been very busy so I was unable to compile my list of votes. Who did not vote. Is there somebody that could have saved Oddwen and didn't? I'm beginning to think that at least Kitanna and Elf-warrior are guilty. I'm less worried about Encai than I have been though not completely pacified.

PS my axe is getting a bit frustrated at its lack of use. This village seems all to bent on taking these lynchings into their own hands...oh well I guess I still get paid.
Old 07-29-2005, 12:45 PM   #228
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Perhaps I am who I say I am and perhaps I'm not, but you would be well advised to lynch me. If you trust nothiong else, trust this. There's no reason to kill somebody who could be innocent when I've admitted my guilt. I have no idea if I will be back later. I hope you will follow my lead and do the right thing.

++ OROMINUIALWEN
Old 07-29-2005, 01:26 PM   #229
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Boots

This post will not focus on Oromin. Quite frankly, I'm too confused to take her admissions seriously at the moment, though I will return to them.

Kitanna's the one I'm concentrating on. I think that pretty face is hiding an extremely furry secret.

I was amused by her support yesterday for my Oddwen-theory. I didn't give it too much thought at the time. But looking back, she seems to have missed my point. It wasn't Oddwen in the particular who I thought was a wolf. Just one of the three who voted for tgwbs on DAY 1. That includes The Elf-Warrior and littlemanpoet. Her flip-flopping over The Elf-Warrior is strange, and her certainty over littlemanpoet's innocence (post #187) is very strange indeed. Why Oddwen and only Oddwen? I admit my huge blunder in singling her out, but the mistake makes me all the more sure that either The Elf-Warrior or littlemanpoet is guilty. But Kitanna is now prepared to let both my suspects off the hook. This is not following my theory at all, which leads me to ask 'Why did she follow the theory initially?' This looks like wolvish bandwagoning which missed the essential point.

Also, her stance towards Mormegil is even more baffling. She was (rightly) allowed that early defence of the executioner's bloodlust, attributing it to his profession. However, she then declares (in post #102) that she is always suspicious of that 'sneaky man'. But wait a minute! Just a couple of posts ago she decided that Mormegil was innocent. That's flip-flopping and with no reasons given.

She's completely untrustworthy. I think I know where my vote's going this evening.
Old 07-29-2005, 01:30 PM   #230
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
The Seer Problem

I am getting a bit concerned for the safety of our seer. We have 14 people left 3 of whom are wolves so 11 for the wolves to choose from. The seer has had 3 dreams which could shed some light on the situation. Of course, if those dreams were about people who have died then they are pointless now. I don't want the seer to reveal themselves at this time. However it is imperative that the seer begin leaving some clues of who they dreampt of. The seer should not make them too obvious so as to allow the wolves to identifiy him/her but they should be disernable upon the seer's death if that were to happen. If it appears that the seer will be lynched, please proclaim yourself and your dreams. Even if it's just innocents at least we will know somebody we can trust.

What does everybody else think?
Old 07-29-2005, 01:38 PM   #231
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna
Though my Elf-Warrior theory is shot I still find lmp to be innocent. I also think morm is innocent. I'm not sure about anyone else. Though Wilwa should be watched...
If Kitanna is lynched as I think she may be today I would suggest looking at Wilwa very closely. A great wolfish tatic is to make sure to say you are suspicious of one another an yet never do much about it. And she's also trying to attach to at least one innocent here. I know I am innocent and actually believe LMP to be innocent as well. Elf-warrior is interesting too. I'm not sure Kitanna would have mentioned the other two wolves in one post but perhaps she did.
Old 07-29-2005, 02:15 PM   #232
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
It's time for my theory of the day but here are yesterday's votes in chronological order, to begin with (who voted for whom).

Elf-warrior -> Durelin
Lhuna -> -II-
mormegil -> -II-

Kitanna -> Oddwen
Eomer -> -II-
Durelin -> -II-
TGWBS -> -II-

Oddwen -> Kitanna

lmp -> Oddwen

Kath -> Durelin
Saurreg -> -II-

TORE -> Lhuna

wilwa -> Oddwen

spawn -> Kitanna

I think the wolves are wilwarin, Elf-warrior and especially Kitanna.
Reasons for my suspicions of Kitanna can be found in my post #169 and I won't repeat them here. Other things that make me think that she's a wolf are:

- She went pretty strongly against Oddwen. I believe that most of us think that Eomer's not guilty so that would have been a perfect way to associate oneself with an innocent.
- The "flip-flopping on Elf-warrior"

On day 1 wilwa said about accusing and lyncing people:
Quote:
we should take our time with this decision
Yet twelve minutes later she said:
Quote:
Morm is a little too eager for some blood shed don't you think?
After most of us disagreed with this, she starts the confusion talk. Is she playing a dull wolf? Anyway, I have found her behaviour rather weird.

On the first day wilwa, E-w and Kitanna voted rather late and all for a different person. Now you might ask who I am to blame because I have voted really late on both days but I'm not suspecting myself. There's the difference. It seems to me that their votes were a safety operation for distracting us. They watched who would get votes and then each of them voted for a different vote-gatherer. All three seem to be rather easily persuaded, too.

About Oromin... She's following Nilp's footsteps. I'm afraid that there are two options (yes, again). Either Oromin is the cobbler or she is a wolf. If she's a wolf she may have thought that we learned something from Nilp's case and we won't lynch her. If Oromin is the cobbler, she's doing her job and making us confused. I'm not going to vote for her today.

The Seer is hiding his/her personality pretty well. I don't have a faintest clue who it might be and that's good. I trust his/her own deliberative ability to decide when to step forth.
Old 07-29-2005, 02:18 PM   #233
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sorry, I haven't read any of today's posts yet, except to scan the Night's kill and to my horror we lost two, not one.

The madness must stop. I have been no help, and was wrong to tell Durelin that we could not organize because of no known innocents. It may be difficult to organize with no known (alive) innocents, but not impossible. Better to struggle than the current mad chaos.

I have a plan. A proposal.

1. Let's take a vote to choose a leader from amonst ourselves. This leader must have such traits as:
  • the confidence of a large number of villagers as likely innocent
  • good at strategy
  • clear communicator

2. The number of votes needed for such a leader to be agreed upon must be equal to the total number of current innocent villagers.

3. Choose a new leader each day. The previous day's leader may be chosen again, which makes sense if said leader did a good job.

4. If you agree with this proposal, show it by voting for a leader, using the following format, on its own line: LDR: {name}

It's possible that we might vote a cobbler or werewolf as our leader ... for a day. This is not necessarily a bad thing. It puts pressure on the werewolf to try and seem innocent while being very active, which is far more difficult than flying under the radar. If we inadvertently choose the cobbler as our leader, this is the one person who could sabotage the day's efforts. I see no clear way around that. Suffice it to say that it can be no worse than losing two gifted villagers in the space of a night and day.

The whole point of this is to try to take the initiative away from the werewolves. I'm not sure it will succeed, but it's better than the current chaos, I think. And whoever the leader is, I would request that we actually have a trial of law, and that we arrest both Kitanna and Elf Warrior and put both of them to trial today. The leader can serve as magistrate. If the current Moddessgoddess thinks I'm taking things way out of control for the kind of game this is, please say so. At least it's more civilized than the wild accusations and mass murder we're currently visiting upon each other.
littlemanpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 02:54 PM   #234
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Check out post # 131. I don't have the time to link it. If you think Elf Warrior is a werewolf, then this post helps me deduce that Wilwarin must be too. Maybe someone has said this already. Let's put all three (including Kitanna to trial. Lynch at least one of them, and let the Seer dream another one. Gee, if only there were two seers.....

EDIT: IF my computer starts working again I'll be okay for this weekend. Otherwise, I might not be able to vote toDay, nor be of much use Sat. or Sun. Sorry. I'll try though.
littlemanpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 03:01 PM   #235
Mischievous Candle

That's an interesting suggestion, lmp and it just might work. Unfortunately it's so late that I can't even think straight not to mention being in a valid state for choosing a leader character. Couldn't we have a trial without a magistrate? Maybe not. See you after I have had some sleep.
Old 07-29-2005, 03:50 PM   #236
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

LMP since we have three clear suspects and you are going to be away for most of the next two days this trial idea seems a little superfluous and complicated. If we agree to lynch Kitanna today and everbody votes for her, her death will lead us to one of two options. If she is a wolf we lynch wilwa the next day, and if she is a wolf the next day we lynch Elf-Warrior. Now if my some amazing chance Kitanna is not a wolf I still say we follow this plan as most of the village seems to suspect the same people.

Now your trial idea LMP is basically this in a far more complicated form. As the votes mount up for each person they will in effect give their defence to try and prevent people from voting for them. It should also be slightly less difficult to carry out.

Also, we can totally mess up any plans the wolves may have to change the votes because if we agree to this plan today and then someone does not vote for Kitanna we can deduce that they are a wolf. The only person who could affect this is the Cobbler. If Oromin has that role then we are safe as she has already voted for herself, if it is someone else we follow the lynch pattern of Kitanna then wilwa then Elf-Warrior and if one of these turns out to be innocent we can try Oromin next.

I would like people to say whether they agree with this plan well before the end of voting nears so that we know whether it will work and who is involved. Even if you have only one chance to put your vote in then just say whether you will follow this lynch list so everyone knows for future days.

Just to make it clear as this post is a little confused the list is:
TODAY: Kitanna
TOMORROW: wilwa
NEXT DAY: Elf-Warrior

I know I've mentioned this already but please, if you agree with this plan and WILL follow this list then SAY SO in your post. If we don't get enough people agreeing this will not work.

My vote will be for Kitanna but I want to see who agrees with this before I vote.
Old 07-29-2005, 04:29 PM   #237
Kitanna
Child of the West

This will probably be the death of me.
I may just die today, but if I can convince you think about Oro.

Oro is my Quenya partner and sent me an e-mail saying we could not continue our lessons for awhile because she has some serious RL problems. So, at any time she could have to drop out of the game.

I'm ignoring Oro's claims to being the wolf and the cobbler for the most part. But her behavior today was very unlike her. I doubt she would act like that unless she seriously needed out of the game.

Oro's absence in voting will only hurt the game in the end. So I suggest following her own lead and vote for her. Tomorrow you can lynch whoever.
Old 07-29-2005, 04:35 PM   #238
mormegil
Maundering Mage

LMP I am a bit confused at what role this leader would perform. If I were to give my vote of those who I must trust it would be in this order.

1. TORE
2. Eomer
3. LMP
4. Saurreg--though strangely silent
5. Spawn
6. Kath

Of course I trust me the most but I don't think I can vote for myself. But being that TORE has stated he had to make a brief trip and won't be around much I would say Eomer if I had to but won't yet because I don't understand their value and what they will actually do.

If I had to pick my most suspicious list I would say

1. Kitanna
2. Elf-Warrior
3. Wilwarin
4. Oromin
5. Encai
6. Lhuna

Watch knowing my luck my lists should be backwards

Firefoot: On your last post you still have Oddwen on the living list.
Old 07-29-2005, 04:37 PM   #239
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna
This will probably be the death of me.
I may just die today, but if I can convince you think about Oro.

Oro is my Quenya partner and sent me an e-mail saying we could not continue our lessons for awhile because she has some serious RL problems. So, at any time she could have to drop out of the game.

I'm ignoring Oro's claims to being the wolf and the cobbler for the most part. But her behavior today was very unlike her. I doubt she would act like that unless she seriously needed out of the game.

Oro's absence in voting will only hurt the game in the end. So I suggest following her own lead and vote for her. Tomorrow you can lynch whoever.
No we'd rather leave an innocent alive that cannot post than waste one more day killing an innocent when we feel as confident as we have about one's guilt...oh ya that's you my little wolf. I think I will sharpen my axe, though I don't know why it seems I'll never get to use it.
Old 07-29-2005, 04:38 PM   #240
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kitanna I'm sorry but I disagree. Having three werewolves rather than two will be more detrimental than having one person who cannot get on to vote. A complete absence will be less of a problem.

Morm you're here, do you agree with the lynch-list?