The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-25-2005, 02:29 PM   #41
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
Zzzz...huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmp
OOC: All birth dates are our Dates of Becoming Barrowdowns Members.
So, am I two years old then or what? Anyway, feel free to predict my gruesome doom from the stars if you want to. My "birthday" is 15th June.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil
My little dancing spider, my wife has never cobbled in her life. Now what is meant by my statement is that we are pretty much blind today as it is.
I know. As blind as we were wearing sunglasses at night... like this
Old 07-25-2005, 02:41 PM   #42
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Posted by Elf-Warrior:
Quote:
And no, I'm not a wolf or a cobbler.
The Elf-Warrior was first to mention the cobbler & others have since, but I had originally forgotten about the role. Does anyone have any idea what to expect or look for from the cobbler? Or is it basically just looking for wolfish traits - voting for known innocents, defending suspicious ones, etc.?
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 03:03 PM   #43
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Interesting observation, TORE.

Those who have not posted yet (just for people to know):

Encai
Lhuna
Nilp
Oddwen
Saurreg

I'm pretty sure that's correct...unless I've forgotten someone (which I'm wont to do...)

And thanks for getting that song stuck in my head, dancing spawn.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 03:11 PM   #44
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
A Cunning Plan!

Everybody should vote for the person below them in alphabetical order! This means everybody has one vote; in effect, the village is commiting mass suicide.

On the one hand, we get all the wolves, but on the other, we kill ourselves. Hmm. Firefoot's death hasn't yet made me spiteful enough for a group suicide.

Now then, we know the wolves are tasty in kebabs... what does this actually tell us? Nothing.

What else? Ah yes, I think we should be watching... everybody. Yes. Everybody, watch everybody!

In particular, I don't trust LMP and his moon-lore, nor Fea for making my head spin. Lhunatics are also quite dodgy people. And that new tourist, where's she from? Better watch Enca. Oh, and the butcher, very dodgy profession. And dead-heading? Sounds morbid to me! And who could trust an elf-warrior? Nassty, backstabbing fiends...
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 03:15 PM   #45
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Quote:
Everybody should vote for the person below them in alphabetical order! This means everybody has one vote; in effect, the village is commiting mass suicide.
That could work.

Quote:
Now then, we know the wolves are tasty in kebabs... what does this actually tell us? Nothing.

What else? Ah yes, I think we should be watching... everybody. Yes. Everybody, watch everybody!
Guy, your confusing me.
Old 07-25-2005, 03:27 PM   #46
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Just to move away from plans to lynch people for a moment, I would like to request that someone clear up the general confusion surrounding the role of the cobbler. I read the explanation in Firefoot's original post and I'm still not clear on what they actually do. Morm I think I remember liked the role, does he know what it entails?
Old 07-25-2005, 03:32 PM   #47
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
the cobbler confuses me to. It sounds like they're on the werewolf team but they aren't a werewolf, and they dont know who the werewolves are. The seer thinks its a normal villager. What's the point?
Old 07-25-2005, 03:36 PM   #48
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
His job sucks so bad, he wants to die. The cobbler is on the werewolves team, but is not a werewolf! He doesnt know who the werewolves are, they dont know who he is. The game does not end in a situation where #(werewolves+ cobbler) >= #villagers. The cobbler looks like a villager to the seer. The cobbler is very interesting in that he actually doesnt mind being lynched in many cases, to protect a werewolf from dying. He can also create situations late in the game where he can form a voting block with the remaining werewolf and then block any lunchings from occurring. You can even have cases where the werewolf is trying to convince the cobbler that he is in fact a wolf, or that someone might fake being a cobbler to rat out who the wolf is, so they can then say they arent really a cobbler and lynch them!
Obviously, the cobbler is a strong addition to the werewolf team. I think its a great role for situations where having one more werewolf would be too strong, but without it the werewolves are screwed.
This is OOC but here's the officially given definition from our moderator on the original WW thread.
Old 07-25-2005, 03:45 PM   #49
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

So I guess we should just be looking for behavior along the lines of what I posted above?

Last edited by The Only Real Estel; 07-25-2005 at 03:46 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-25-2005, 03:51 PM   #50
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

I guess so Estel. I'm guessing this game can be confusing some times?
Old 07-25-2005, 04:08 PM   #51
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Cobbler Clarification

There seems to be a bit of confusion about the cobbler... I'll try to explain.
Quote:
It sounds like they're on the werewolf team but they aren't a werewolf, and they dont know who the werewolves are. The seer thinks its a normal villager. What's the point?
The cobbler's goal is to protect the wolves by generally taking suspicion on themselves and trying to cast suspicion away from the wolves (i.e., and onto villagers).

For example, say A, B, and C are wolves and D is the cobbler - if the cobbler is convincing, the villagers may think that B, C, and D are wolves but A is innocent. The cobbler is basically supposed to stir up some confusion as to who the real wolves are. This could get critical later in the game when one or two mistakes means the village is cooked (if the cobbler is still around, of course).

I realize that it's a confusing role, but I think you're all thinking too hard about it - probably because of the long explanation. The cobbler's goal is to protect the wolves. S/he is a "wolf-wannabe," as Fea described it; basically they try to act like wolves and be suspicious.

Okay?
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 04:21 PM   #52
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Some truth and a bunch of lies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancing spawn of ungoliant
Btw, Fea, you left two options out. You might be a regular villager or the cursed one. At this point they are the one and same role, though.
There's an absolutely fantastic reason for this: I had Keeper standing behind me saying "Get the [expletive deleted] off of my computer." He's none too patient when I swipe control of his stuff. I'm amazed he hasn't come to collect his Prismacolors yet.

I am, of course, a regular villager... as far as I'm aware. But since you're not going to believe me anyhow... I'm a wolf and I think we should kill mormegil because he is also a wolf.

LMP: I'll give you the age that I'll be in less than a month: 18. Let us hope your astrological ways can help us.

Lhuna and Nilp can be forgiven for not posting yet; they are in a way different time zone. When the game started, they were presumably fast asleep.

TGWBS should be killed post haste because he thinks (with a grin) that Eomer or I should be killed on DAY 1. Where is the fun of life without Eomer of the Rohirrim in it? As for killing me... I like life so much.
Old 07-25-2005, 05:10 PM   #53
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea
TGWBS should be killed post haste because he thinks (with a grin) that Eomer or I should be killed on DAY 1. Where is the fun of life without Eomer of the Rohirrim in it?
I'm going to take this and twist it horribly to say that Fea and Eomer are either the Shirrifs or both Wolves because it's just cute.
Old 07-25-2005, 05:13 PM   #54
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Here I am, Lovelanders; I understand you wanted us all to gather and talk about that poor, poor girl. Bet a lot of you didn't believe in werewolves, eh? Let me tell you, they're real, and they're dangerous. Clever, too. They keep their wits about 'em when they're changed, as we can tell from what they did to -- what was her name? Cinderfeet? Oh, Firefoot, of course.

You probably don't trust a gypsy, but I know right from wrong. I'll help you catch these evil creatures. Here, I've got good luck charms. Anyone who wants some is free to take them. I've a feeling we'll need a bit of luck on our side.
Encaitare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 06:47 PM   #55
Saurreg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Saurreg has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Saurreg Send a message via MSN to Saurreg
Ooooh...

Poor sweet Firefoot. She was a darling, really she was. Aside from dah fact dat this ole' foggy never figured out what she did in this village of o'ers doesn't take away the good impression me haf of her. The dear lassie would always greet me cheerfully every morn when me takes me flock out to pastures and she always had a heart for dah lit' nooborn lambs - toh' she did suffer from what yer call dah Elmyra-komplex - seeh's got a ten'cie to hug 'em, and squeeze 'em and tear 'em to bits. Rest well yer sweet kind und gentle soul. Me will name dee next nooborn after yer...

Right! D'ish villages got ourselves a werewolve prob no? Tisk tisk. Very serious. As of now, we've noobody to point o'er grimmy fingers at yet and drag 'im to dah scaffolds. But may me draw yer all attention to dah sus'pis wulf breedah, Nilp. Hello! Attention please! Dank you!

Now yer all know me haf been looozing me sheep in l'ecent days. Furst it was sweet Mary dat disappeared on dee mea'lows und never returned. Den it was cheeky but adorable Patricia und wot's leif of her was nothing more den bones und skin. Now yer all would moe pro'by think dat dis was dah work of mangy mongrels and 'in perhaps a grey timbah wulf. But wot 'bout me prize winning black sheep, Baa Baa. Yer Gawds!!! Me hart breaks at dah very sound of her name. Sweet Baa Baa! Me took 'er out to dah stream for a nize kool drink, leif her for a nap und wot happened? Seeh disappeared! All dat remained of sweet innocent Baa Baaaaa w'ore 'er intestines spelling out in ra'dah good cursive,

Thanks for lunch. Have a nice day!

Wot cheek! Wot cheek! Me tell yah, it dosen't take a ro'ket se... se... *damn* smartie pants to fi'gah it out dat wolves dinnah write nor spell nor undahstand syntax. Me thinks dat Nilp's got 'is hand in it. Furst dah sheep und seeing how fun und delicious it was, he und his pack most prob when afdah dee lass.

Keep yer eyes on dat wan. He up to no good!
Old 07-25-2005, 07:14 PM   #56
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Now Saurreg I have noticed a recent decline in your sheepherd. At first I almost felt sorry for you, but then I thought better of it and got to doing a little bit of analyzing and I thought what better way to supply a pack a wolves food then be a sheepherder. You've probably kept those poor sheep there until you were unable to get other animals to eat and you were forced to eat those things. Now it looks like your turning to human flesh. I think we have a wolf on our hands here.
Old 07-25-2005, 07:30 PM   #57
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
1420! I would like to make a profound declaration.

This will be short. My wolves are hungry, and they'll be having their usual.

Thanks for the free lunch for 'em, Saurreg. Always appreciated.

OK, where was I? Oh, yes. Profound declaration.

I AM NOT THE COBBLER.

Yes. The cobbler is on the werewolves' team, whereas I am on only one team--the one against myself. I would like to get lynched. That is all. I might get to help the lovely Loveland once or twice, but ultimately, I want to die a gruesome death in your hands.

Am I innocent, you may ask? Of course. But that doesn't change the fact that I, ladies and gents and not-so-gents, would still want to get lynched.

Oh, and Kath's the Ranger, Eomer's ordinary, and guy hasn't called on the abacus yet.

Since I won't be back 'til the next DAY, due to monetary constraints, I shall vote now:

++Nilpaurion Felagundh

Thank you, and good DAY.

This will be great. Nobody thinks that a werewolf will vote for a fellow werewolf on DAY 1.

Hush, Alice.
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 08:17 PM   #58
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin
I'm going to take this and twist it horribly to say that Fea and Eomer are either the Shirrifs or both Wolves because it's just cute.
You're right. That is a horrible twist. It was cute though.

My thoughts so far, and remember that my thoughts as well as anyone else's are entirely unreliable until at least late DAY 2:

Nilp: wants to die. So what's new? I don't think he's guilty, but there's always the chance that he's using our preconceived ideas about him against us. That would be the smart thing. If he's a wolf, what better to do than act normally?

Kath: the Ranger.

Wilwa: innocent. She's but an inexperienced lass and her posts reflect it (in a good way, of course). I presume [maybe wrongly] that we would see some muddled subtlety if she was trying to hide anything.

Everyone else: There are too doggone many of you to keep tabs on! When I have more free time (meaning tomorrow morning) I'll figure everything out and post for the benefit of all (except the wolves).

And of course, I must lie to keep up appearances: Eomer of the Rohirrim has three eyes.
Old 07-25-2005, 08:31 PM   #59
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Ah, dear Feanor of the Rohirrim . . .

. . . wait, did I get that right?

Quote:
Nilp: wants to die. So what's new? I don't think he's guilty, but there's always the chance that he's using our preconceived ideas about him against us. That would be the smart thing. If he's a wolf, what better to do than act normally? (Fea otR)
Lies. Except the 'wants to die' part. I am guilty. I am not using preconceived ideas against you, because I seriously want to get lynched. And I'm not acting normally. Not since the day Spike swallowed a bit of that prize-winning black lamb's thigh bone. A sad thing, to choke.

I can only tell the truth or bluff, or, rarely, double-bluff. Triple-bluffs and higher are the faults of your overactive brains.
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 08:58 PM   #60
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Yikes!

This wasn't in the brochure!

What a vacation.

What a vacation spot.

Though that weird Nilp character almost seems like a Cobbler's Cobbler - wanting to draw attention away from the cobbler. Could be part of a Wolfish plan.

Well, I'll have to say more in the morning - all that traveling has me beat. I'll be in the room let to me by D-Spawn if anyone needs me...or wants to find my body.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 09:30 PM   #61
The Elf-warrior
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Elf-warrior is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via Skype™ to The Elf-warrior
I follow the laws of my long-fathers before me. For example, I don't slaughter pigs. It also means I don't mess with astrology or augery (I don't examine
the livers of the animals I kill.) and it also means I'm not a werewolf. Yes I know about the cursed villager but then I wouldn't have a choice in the matter.

I'll comment on my suspicions and the voting in the morning.
Old 07-25-2005, 09:55 PM   #62
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

Quote:
Though that weird Nilp character almost seems like a Cobbler's Cobbler - wanting to draw attention away from the cobbler. Could be part of a Wolfish plan.
Or maybe he is the cobbler cobbler. Since the cobbler supposedly 'hates his job' so much so that he wants to die, maybe Nilp is playing that role to a 'T'?

Personally I find it more likely he's just being himself, but like Fea said, a wolven Nilp could get a long ways by blaming his suspicions on his normal behavior.

Gah, my brain is turned to oatmeal. Speaking of which, I think I'll have some oatmeal, some peaches & ice cream, & a smoke & then get to bed & hopefully wake up in the morning with a bit clearer head.
Old 07-25-2005, 09:56 PM   #63
Saurreg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil
Now Saurreg I have noticed a recent decline in your sheepherd. At first I almost felt sorry for you, but then I thought better of it and got to doing a little bit of analyzing and I thought what better way to supply a pack a wolves food then be a sheepherder. You've probably kept those poor sheep there until you were unable to get other animals to eat and you were forced to eat those things. Now it looks like your turning to human flesh. I think we have a wolf on our hands here.
Wo'ts dah mat'er wif yer? Yer g'un mad with bloodlust yer loonie axe-s'chwing hairless munkey! Fur Gawds sheeks snap oui of it! We've got creepy jeepies running o'rund us und getting freebies und such and 'ere yer eyeing me? Crivvens!
Old 07-25-2005, 10:07 PM   #64
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril Full moon?

*lets out a loud howling sound* What a horrifying death Firefoot has suffered! Who could have done this to her?

*throws huge rocks at random directions*

I haven't even posted yet, and already people are throwing suspicious looks at me. Is it my fault my behavior is greatly influenced by the moon? *cries like a baby*

Just for the sake of humoring you, lmp, I was 'born' on March 17, now two years and five months. *pouts* See if you can incriminate me any further. Let's see who will have the last laugh.

*laughs like a Lhunatic*

And thank you, Fea. Indeed Nilp and I were fast asleep when the game started. Unless my brother was licking his chops and looking for more. *looks suspiciously around*

So, since this game is based on and all of you are in such weird time zones, I cannot vote toDay. Of course I will not waste my vote on random choices. I need something to base my vote on, and for now there is none. But who knows what the rest of the Day, as well as the Night, will bring?

I just want to say that I'm watching all of you.

*howls*

Last edited by Lhunardawen; 07-25-2005 at 10:30 PM. Reason: just added an 's'...promise! *wails* oh, and my birthdate *frowns*
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 02:10 AM   #65
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
Little statistics

Here's some obvious nonsence I scraped up. I don't know how eloquent wolves we are dealing with but these accusations are quite clear. I'd think that the wolves might be more subtle but you can't ever know when everybody's double-bluffing or triple-bluffing.

Elf-warrior defended mormegil.
Wilwa defended him, too but the next thing she said that mormegil's suspiciously eager to kill.

Mormegil and Kath defended Fea. Mormegil suspected Saurreg.
TGWBS is suspicious of everybody.

Lmp made a starmap or something of Lhuna and named her "one of our primary suspects". Since lmp himself doesn't believe the prophecies he makes, we can just ignore him. (Note that Lhuna hadn't even posted yet when lmp revealed his thoughts about her.)

Lhuna has spent too much time with his brother. I mean what's this howling and moodiness all about? I have noticed that it's not very popular way to defend yourself anymore by making heartbreaking pleadings. It's just easier to say that I'm a werewolf, what are you waiting for?

Nilp, that poor lad, is just obviously mentally retarded and therefore he shouldn't be allowed to vote. I say we send him to a nice sanatorium until he's less self-mutilative. That reminded me of the fact that the cobbler doesn't have to act suicidal so early on because no-one knows who the slavering fur coats are.

I say we kill Saurreg 'cause I don't understand half of what he says (never been very good with dialects).
Old 07-26-2005, 03:52 AM   #66
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Ah but you misunderstand, dancing spawn. Elf warrior seemed to be talking out of character, so I jumped out of character myself. Back in again. Hmmm.... Dancing Spawn tries to get you all to ignore me. She knows that good science has behind it good brains and deductive merit. If she's trying to discredit me, who am innocent, I must wonder why. ::looks suspiciously at dancing spawn of ungoliant::

My star charts are at least as reliable as all your random guesswork. I know all your "birth dates", although time zone may confabulate a few of them. At any rate, I have them right within a few hours. So I don't need you to tell me your birthdates. I need how old you are now. And if you refuse to tell me, I'll sneak a peek at your profile; and if that fails, I'll just assume you're a teenybopper and figure you're 18. So there.

Note that the Moon is now in the Ram. So if Lhuna turned into a Ram instead of a Fish, why then she might still be a werewolf. Otherewise, my suspicions of her were the fault of an inexact science. I shall do further research, namely attempting to discover which of you is ruled my the planet of the irregular orbit.

And fine, it's full and not waning gibbous. Our current moddessgoddess is precisely that. And dead. We must avenge her.

Ack! We've a bunch of teens in our midst as it is! Where are all your pas and mas? Ah well. Who needs werewolves when we've our fair share of irresponsible teens? I shall return with much research.
littlemanpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 04:15 AM   #67
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Thanks Nilp

How could I forget my trusty abacus??

Unfortunately, the abacus deems that spawn is the primary suspect, and I'm not too suspicious of her.

Just for now, I'd like to suggest a Fea-Nilp-Eomer trio. Who are we kidding? We're gonna lynch them anyway.

I feel like voting for Elf warrior, more or less on a whim. I'll see how it goes.
Old 07-26-2005, 05:35 AM   #68
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Well it's nice to see that Nilp and Lhuna have turned up alive, if a bit the worse for wear. And I think I finally have the role of the cobbler making sense so thanks to Morm and the ghost of Firefoot for that.

As to suspicions how am I supposed to form any when there are so many people! The only person I really have ill-feelings about, and that's not even real suspicion, is TGWBS. He just seems far to keen to lynch people to me and that smacks a bit of werewolvishness. Kill in the night, lynch in the day - death all round. And his continuing attack on Fea and Eomer could just be a joke but maybe it's something a little more sinister.
Old 07-26-2005, 05:55 AM   #69
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Now, now, Kath, don't be accusing people just cos they want to lynch people. If we don't lynch anybody, nothing happens.

And why would I want to kill Fea and Eomer when there are many more suspicious looking people around? Jest, my dear. It's what blacksmiths do. That and make stuff.

Day closes. Nilp voted for himself. Even if he isn't the Cobbler, he's a cobbler, so why not?

On the other foot, I'm still watching everybody else... yes, I am! With my eyes! And my ears! So beware...

*Goes back to The Forge*
Old 07-26-2005, 06:02 AM   #70
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Quote:
I feel like voting for Elf warrior, more or less on a whim
Thats what I was referring to when I said you were too keen on lynching people. There is no reasoning behind it!
Old 07-26-2005, 06:05 AM   #71
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots

*skips into the town square*

Hullo, me cherubs!

What's this? Suspicion directed my way? Now, now, I already admitted that Death seems to enjoy my company but He has to get bored sometime, right?

Anyway, I have a feeling that Nilp is innocent. A difficult, tricksy, and confusticating innocent yes, but an innocent all the same. What are your thoughts on suicide? If you're against it then it might be an idea to save him (however futile) but if you've nothing against it then it might be an idea to play along with the poor guy. Because after all, we have nothing to go on.

The wolves are being very clever indeed, and the innocents are being extremely good at keeping out of trouble. No-one is giving anyone else a reason to go after them.

A slow start to the Hunt, then.
Old 07-26-2005, 07:23 AM   #72
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

So Nilp does that often???

Well looks like people are just throwing accusations around randomly. So I might as well do the same.

I have a bad feeling about Morm and TGWBS.
Old 07-26-2005, 07:39 AM   #73
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

As was promised, here are the few solid facts we've got so far:

Dancing Spawn: accused Saurreg
Durelin: thinks there may be a Fea/Eomer team
Eomer: defended mormegil and Nilp
Fea: suspicious of TGWBS, defends Nilp and Wilwa
Kath: accuses TGWBS, defends Fea
Kitanna: defends mormegil
Lhuna: accuses Nilp, incriminates herself with howls at the moon
LMP: accuses Lhuna with help from the stars
Mormegil: accuses Saurreg
Nilp: voted for himself, unsurprisingly. Yes Wilwa, he does that often.
Oddwen: accused Nilp
Saurreg: accused Nilp
TGWBS: accused everybody. Defends his accusations of Fea/Eomer as a joke. Also defends Spawn.
Wilwa: accuses morm and TGWBS
Old 07-26-2005, 07:55 AM   #74
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Now that the facts are all together, her are some random theories floating around my head. Take them seriously only at great need, because I doubt I'm right.

Lhuna/Oddwen/Saurreg as wolves, trying to take out innocent Nilp. LMP is Seer in this scenario. Role thinly veiled with astrology talk. Perhaps morm as Seer? He does pin Saurreg for eating his own sheep.

Mormegil/Eomer/Kitanna as wolves. They all defend Mormegil.

There are several ways for wolves to act, but it boils down to two options: they are working together, or they are working apart.

In a village this size, they might assume that working together would go unnoticed amongst all of the hubbub. I'm not so sure that this is how it would go though, because any wolves would know that there are some bright young (and old, eh LMP? ) minds in this village who keep tabs on anything that seems like working together. If you make a list, you can easily see trends. So on the one hand, it seems like the wolves would know better than to defend or accuse as one.

However... there is the beautiful act of bluffing. If the wolves know how idiotic it would be to work together, than obviously the village does. If the village assumes an act of sheer stupidity as being impossible, then the wolves have a perfect opening. The trick for us, I think, is to remember that nothing is impossible. Improbable is the most likely.

Still... Day 1 is meaningless until about Day 3. After that, you see what you were utterly blind to before. Since it is not yet Day 3, we are blind.

I say that, for lack of any better ways of doing this, we lynch Lhuna for these reasons:
  1. LMP pegged her with the stars (which, as he said, are "at least" as accurate as anything random we do)
  2. She came in howling at the full moon. Silly theatrics? Bluff?
  3. It's not like we've currently got anyone better
Conversely, I say we kill Saurreg because I can't understand half of what he says.

Or we kill Eomer, because tradition is, after all, tradition.

Obligatory lie: I'm the Seer.
Old 07-26-2005, 08:11 AM   #75
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Here is my list of people I feel are acting most like wolves. The first list are the most suspicious and the second are suspicious but not as much as the first

1. Durelin
2. Elf-warrior
3. Encai
4. Saurreg

1. Kath
2. Dancing Spawn
3. Oddwen
4. Oromin
5. TGWBS

Not a lot to go on with the first day but this is my list and I currently defend all the others.
Old 07-26-2005, 08:15 AM   #76
Saurreg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Me canna help but feel dat sumthings afoot 'ere. Why ol' why haf Morm, Spawn and Fea all suddenly 'ermarked me for dah gallows?

D'ish ol' coot husn't sez anything sus'pis und dah fingers 're o'relly pointed at 'im. For no good reason I reckon. Nothing being able to undahstand me aren't me fault.

Wot wrung did me dewl to deserve such ac... accu... fingers!

Prrray tell laddie und lassies cuz like they say of ol' , he who throws dah stone be'er stay clear or 'll land on 'is head. Und woodn't dat be ah sorry sight?
Old 07-26-2005, 08:19 AM   #77
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Well. In all my twenty-eight years I've never seen such a mess. I wish I'd never left my dear little Storyland *sniff*.

Well we've got about three hours to go, and only one vote cast, that of Nilp for Nilp. This kid...I've only been here for a day, and he's already making my head spin.

Right now, my suspicions are heightened only against Wilwa of the Numbers and The Guy. I have to be careful and remember to back up my bad feelings with evidence, therefore I cannot say anything against Morm and Saurreg.
That's probably only a stranger's opinion, as I've been travelling around the countryside these eight months and have never met any of you before, ever, though I have seen stranger.

Madame Butterfly, because of her seeming innocent posts - she almost seems to not know what she is supposed to do with her state. This again, could be to extreme inexperience.

T. Guy, because as has been said, is not using an abacus. What this exactly means I have no idea, but it seems to have a mathematical ring to it - I'm assuming he doesn't use it because the Maths which Do Not Lie would point him out. And he couldn't fudge it, because well...Math does Not Lie.

I seriously doubt that I will have another chance to vote today. Nay, I shall not have a chance. Therefore, this poor journeywoman must do the best with the wisdom given her -

++THE GUY WHO BE SHORTNESS

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 08:29 AM   #78
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Maybe Morm's list has something right on it. 'Tis a bit random, but aren't all our guesses?

Okay my dears, I think we need to figure some other things out before we just lynch somebody. It's important that we do that of course (and hopefully lynch a bloody werewolf), but we also need to get things started to give us the ups on the wolves. So I think it might be time to suggest who the Hunter should want to kill if he/she is killed, who the Seer should dream about, and...well, I guess it'd be hard to tell the Ranger who to guard, but we might try that too. It's all going to be hard to say, but...we need to put our heads together.

Since there's more good heads than bad heads, we should at least get something out of these...

Speaking of heads... *wanders off toward a rhododendron* Pretty pretty pretty...oop, dead *pick*...pretty pretty pretty pretty preety...dead *pick*...pretty...
Old 07-26-2005, 08:32 AM   #79
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

Well, after reading everthing that's been posted I've come to a conclusion: I was right in my earlier thinking (post #11) - this will be a shot in the dark, or at least from my perspective.

I have a few shallow leads that I'm working on and wondering about, but likes I've said before, not much can be told until we have some votes to work with. I will most likely end up voting for someone almost entirely at random, unless we can get some goods on a wolf in the next few hours.
Old 07-26-2005, 08:35 AM   #80
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

A vote? For me?! The wonderful village smith?!?!

Oddy - The Abacus is usually used to pick a person at random, but it chose dancing spawn, who I think isn't suspicious enough to lynch at the moment.

My vote shall wait a while yet. There's a lot of suspicious people about...