The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2005, 06:24 PM   #441
The Elf-warrior
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Elf-warrior is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via Skype™ to The Elf-warrior
TORE, at the time I was killed I would have put you on the bottom of my suspicion list just above the shirriffs. Eomer would have been next up. I'm sorry, all of you whom I wrongfully suspected. In retrospect I'm glad I voted for myself instead of Kath or Lhuna And Lhuna, I wish I hadn't changed my mind.
Old 08-08-2005, 06:40 PM   #442
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORE
Saucey: I think the main thing prohibiting us from that was the wrath of the ModessGodess. Firefoot basically said she didn't want any double lynchings, so, although they were discussed briefly a few times, we never carried any out.
Given that it was not specifically prohibited, I would have thought it to be a risk worth taking in order to win the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgwbs
Lo and behold, the phantom has hacked SpM's account...
Hehe. Re-reading that post, I suppose it did sound rather phantom-ish. Excuse me while I go and have an ego reduction.
Old 08-08-2005, 06:47 PM   #443
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Quote:
Given that it was not specifically prohibited, I would have thought it to be a risk worth taking in order to win the game.
I suppose it wasn't specifically prohibited but kind've an understood prohibited. Well, either way I obviously didn't want any multiple lynchings to get going. I suppose if someone would've seriously suggested it I probably would've 'reminded' them of a rule against it that really didn't techinically exist. But it probably would've been enough.
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 10:02 PM   #444
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer, in his Diary of *argh* Lycanthropy
Day Seven: Eomer leaps right in, attacks and votes for Lhunardawen. Saucepan Man later supposes this to be a brilliant strategy but at the time I wondered if I had been too hasty. It had nothing to do with the Sheriffs. At least it was a pretty good assault which no-one really had an issue with. Lhuna changes her mind about me. I feel so bad for her, so sorry sis...

Dear big bro, you're wondering why I suddenly dropped my suspicion of you on my last Day? See my siggie.

I second the person (tgwbs?) who said that Eomer would never live beyond Day 1 after this game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lhunatic
Well, well, Eomer. Congratulationsh. You have shuksheshfully made it alive to Day 4. Though I have a feeling we will regret you ever made it thish far.
Now that the game has ended, this statement has me in stitches.

Last edited by Lhunardawen; 08-08-2005 at 10:06 PM.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 10:11 PM   #445
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen
I second the person (tgwbs?) who said that Eomer would never live beyond Day 1 after this game.
I'll third it. You guys let him live for the first time and what does he do? Go and kill you all.

Oh yeah... I forgot that I'd marked Kitanna so early. No wonder you guys killed me.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:54 PM   #446
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I never did answer Eomer why I so strongly suspected The Elf Warrior.

I think it boiled down to two good reasons and one bad one (sorry to have to admit):

1. He "protested too much", and since he was a rookie, that stood out to me. "I'm not a werewolf." "I'm innocent". Very many posts included that. It set my suspicion antennae going.

2. He defended Wilwarin at a time when both he and Wilwa were on my suspect list. Now, I could have surmised from it that these two might be shirriffs, which actually might have made more sense, but onto my third bad reason.

3. I didn't know Elf Warrior that well, whereas I'd gotten rather familiar with Eomer, Feanor, Guy, Oddwen, Morm, Wilwarin, and many others who have either played the game before or I'd had contact elsewhere on these boards. That was not the case with Elf Warrior, and I fell to a natural (and illogical) suspicion of unknowns. My bad. Lesson learned.

4. Oh. And he didn't play along with my astrology roleplay, so I was ticky-poohed with him on that score too. Make that TWO bad reasons.
littlemanpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 01:28 AM   #447
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

Plus there was dancing spawn's observation that he was confident of Kitanna's wolvery yet he voted for Kath.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 04:00 AM   #448
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Well, that's true. One thing I've found in my werewolf gaming, though, is that voting patterns really don't say very much about who werewolves are. Heck, my own voting patterns were highly suspicious! Just ask Eomer! And I was innocent!
littlemanpoet is offline   Reply With Quote