The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2021, 12:21 PM   #41
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Indeed, you have to decide on the Ghost question by DL. If you select a Ghost, from Daybreak he belongs to the GT and may not look at the DT.

In the meantime, a helpful illustration to keep your wolves straight.

Old 04-24-2021, 12:30 PM   #42
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by G55
In the meantime, a helpful illustration to keep your wolves straight.
Have I mentioned how much I love having a trolling Cobbler for a mod?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Form
I am pro-Ghost: we have info and especially if the Wolves get a kill tonight, we need to convey info. It can be anyone: I'm around toMorrow, including toward the DL, but it's a weekend, so I could be scattershot or really available depending on the toddler.
I agree, I think we should try to share what little info we have. Do I take it you could be our Ghost toMorrow? Even in worst-case toddler scenario you'd probably still be around more than me.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 12:31 PM   #43
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
Any time.
Old 04-24-2021, 02:10 PM   #44
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:

I agree, I think we should try to share what little info we have. Do I take it you could be our Ghost toMorrow? Even in worst-case toddler scenario you'd probably still be around more than me.
Yeah, it sounds like I might be the most available.

++Me
Old 04-24-2021, 02:18 PM   #45
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
What are the odds she'd draw Cobbler three games in a row?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil View Post
Yeah, it sounds like I might be the most available.
Entirely happy with this. Hope you have fun!

++Form

(I think the Downs blocks messages that are literally all quotes, right? Don't remember if it's come up before.)

hS
Old 04-24-2021, 02:32 PM   #46
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Not that this is necessary, but just to make it official -

++ Form

Haunt them well!
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
Old 04-24-2021, 02:35 PM   #47
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by random
Quotey quote
^ I tested the quotes thing with this, and was not allowed to post.

Good point. The Ghost must put in at least one non-quoted character. Or just not wrap the quotes in the quote code, just put them as plain text. I would not count it against you if you, say, signed the post or put a letter outside the quotes or something to allow it to post if you choose to use the quotes format.
Old 04-24-2021, 02:37 PM   #48
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

I will make it clear when the Day starts that the Ghost is allowed to include characters outside the quote boxes for Downs-working reasons.
Old 04-24-2021, 02:39 PM   #49
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Thinking through this a bit more, and trying to make it more consistent so that people don't read into the non-quote text too much, why don't you always put "Ghost" at the end of the post? That way we will avoid debates of the type of "well the first post says ojhos but the second says sjisuh, that must mean something".
Old 04-24-2021, 02:59 PM   #50
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Thinking through this a bit more, and trying to make it more consistent so that people don't read into the non-quote text too much, why don't you always put "Ghost" at the end of the post? That way we will avoid debates of the type of "well the first post says ojhos but the second says sjisuh, that must mean something".
Sounds easy enough.
Old 04-24-2021, 03:04 PM   #51
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

This is so exciting! There will be a haunting! And how fitting that it should be you, Form - weren't you the one to propose this idea in the first place?

++Ghost for president
Old 04-24-2021, 05:00 PM   #52
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Dawn of Day 3

Beren crept in the shadows until he found a good hiding spot, in between two large rocks. From there he had a good view of the one outlaw he thought would be the victim of the next nightly terror. He perked up as he thought he heard a claw scraping on stone. He was tight as a spring, ready to leap to the defense of the outlaw in front of him.

He never saw the blow coming from behind.

The Living
Boro
Kath
Legate
Lommy
Morsul
Pitch
Sally
Soriman
***Formendacil - Ghost (Gorlim)

The Dead
Gorlim (NPC/Ghost)
Galadriel55 (Night 1)
BlindGuardian (Night 1)
Greenie (Day 1 - Ordo)
***Formendacil (Night 2 - Ordo)
Hui (Day 2 - Ordo)
Loslote (Night 3 - Ranger)

It is now Day 3.

You may cast a collective vote to be counted on the GT at deadline. First person to reach the max votes blah blah blah. You know the drill. Good Morning, and Good Luck!
Old 04-24-2021, 05:56 PM   #53
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Shield

Well. Hello, friends. I had hoped to do a bit better my first time as Ranger!

Quote:
The other potentially interesting thing to look at is the snippet of information we were given at the end of yesterDay: that at least one wolf received votes yesterDay. Given that I'm officially not a wolf, that leaves one or more wolves among Morsul, Pitch, Huin, Sally and Lottie. It's not a massive revelation given that that's literally half the village, but unless something really dramatic happens toDay, I'd suggest we pick our vote from among those five.
We are now down to Morsul, Pitch, and Sally. Could be any one of them, they're all suspicious to me.

Quote:
That said, Lottie has been unusually touchy over being suspected, especially toDay but she exhibited some signs of it already yesterDay (I can't remember exactly what this was, but she started talking about self-preservation when she'd got one vote and no one else seemed very suspicious of her). This makes me think possible Gifted as well as possible wolf, so I might want to give her a pass toDay. Besides, the village might kill her anyway.
I make for a terrible Gifted, because I know for a fact that I'm always going to be suspected, and I've been the easy lynch too many times to *not* get flustered and defensive when I'm Gifted.

Quote:
Sadly that's probably true. I do agree with you about Lottie too. If she survives both toDay and tomorrow Night, she's definitely a wolf.
Well...I didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
*Sigh* I was hoping I would be targeted, but I understand why I wasn't.
Yes...I protected Boro last Night thinking that if he wasn't a wolf, either he or I would likely be targeted. It was either going to be the "morning glory" I hinted at in my first post or inevitable defeat. Guess which one I lucked into!
Old 04-25-2021, 01:53 AM   #54
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Oh well. It's good to be right about something at least - though in this instance I'd have preferred to be wrong. Welcome, Lottie!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottie
I make for a terrible Gifted, because I know for a fact that I'm always going to be suspected, and I've been the easy lynch too many times to *not* get flustered and defensive when I'm Gifted.
Understandable. Anyway, not sure if it's any better than what I tend to do as a Gifted, which is to hide too carefully. I've been lynched as "slippery" when a Ranger, and killed as a "no-trace kill" on Night 2 as a Seer. (I'm not kidding. The wolves had no idea I was the Seer. )

On the bright side, looks like Form has managed to convey our list of three potential wolves to the village! At the moment it looks like they might go for Sally. Based on my reread last Night, my best guess is still that either Pitch or Sally is a wolf but probably not both, and same for Pitch and Lommy. I actually hope they go for Pitch toDay because I find him a bit more suspicious than Sally, but it doesn't look like it's going that way so far. I'm actually torn on whether Sally's reaction to potentially being on the chopping block toDay is frustrated innocent or frustrated wolf who thinks they're being suspected for the wrong reasons. I have virtually no read on Morsul, and his early Sally vote is annoying but I guess it makes sense from his point of view whether he's innocent or not.

Like I said earlier, I have something of a busy day today. I'll be around sporadically for the next couple of hours (when nothing usually happens anyway), then back only a few hours before DL. I really, really hope the Seer has bagged us a wolf, or at least has something that will narrow down our choices because I don't like the odds at the moment.
Old 04-25-2021, 01:57 AM   #55
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Hey Lottie, welcome to the Dead, sorry to see you here. At the very least, your death protected the Seer, and that could be invaluable.

Looking back at the Things We Know:

a) As you say, Morsul, Sally, and Pitch contains one or more wolves.

But more importantly:

c) With you as the Group B Gifted, the Seer is either Legate , Lommy, Soriman, or Kath.

If anyone OTHER than those four claims Seer, GhostForm will know they are lying and point them out as a wolf.

So hoping for a Pitch or Sally Seer-claim.

Who did you protect the previous Night, Lottie?

hS
Old 04-25-2021, 02:05 AM   #56
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huin
c) With you as the Group B Gifted, the Seer is either Legate , Lommy, Soriman, or Kath.

If anyone OTHER than those four claims Seer, GhostForm will know they are lying and point them out as a wolf.

So hoping for a Pitch or Sally Seer-claim.
This is very true! I'll be interested to see which of them it is. I don't think Sally will try counter-revealing - she's already posted, and just said she's innocent and shouldn't be lynched. A fake Seer reveal after that wouldn't look very convincing because the real Seer would have no reason not to reveal immediately. Pitch might, which would be entertaining.

Worst case scenario, we get two Seer reveals out of those four. After all, there could technically be one or two wolves among them, too - and in that case, Form couldn't help distinguish between who's the real Seer and who isn't. (I'm aware I'm catastrophising in advance. I probably shouldn't. )
Old 04-25-2021, 02:22 AM   #57
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Quote:
Worst case scenario, we get two Seer reveals out of those four. After all, there could technically be one or two wolves among them, too - and in that case, Form couldn't help distinguish between who's the real Seer and who isn't. (I'm aware I'm catastrophising in advance. I probably shouldn't. )
Worst case is that Soriman or Kath is the Seer and doesn't show up until dead late, after one of the other three has claimed and swung the vote.

hS
Old 04-25-2021, 04:22 AM   #58
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quote:
Worst case is that Soriman or Kath is the Seer and doesn't show up until dead late, after one of the other three has claimed and swung the vote.

Other than that - Morsul's logic is off. His "strategy" of voting Sally early to force the wolves' hand (?) only makes sense if Sally is a wolf. If she isn't, the wolves will have an easy time piling on the votes. Since we know Morsul can't be the Seer who knows Sally's alignment for sure, I'm led to conclude that Morsul is either a wolf or a really overconfident ordo. Also, his early vote is fishy given that he himself said he's expecting a Seer reveal toDay. If he is, why on earth wouldn't he wait to hear what the Seer has to say before voting?

My problem is, all three of our prospective wolves (Sally, Morsul, and Pitch) look suspicious individually, but not really together. Or at least, neither of the other two seem like likely pairings with Sally. Pitch/Morsul is a possibility - Morsul does immediately pursue Sally without stopping to even consider Pitch. And after all, they can sort of afford to be brazen toDay; if they lynch an innocent they win immediately, and even if one of them gets lynched toDay, they'll still be in a decent position toMorrow.

Also, Lommy is either genuinely confused or keeping up her "poor confused ordo" routine from the Day before. She does say this though -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
Not a fan of Morsul's plans, for reasons that I don't feel confident expressing in public.
I'm not sure what she is referring to here. Is she the Seer who hasn't done the math yet, or does she think Morsul might be the Seer? Or is this wolf code for something? Or does she mean she's not confident talking about it because she's confused?

That said, I'm starting to fear we're dealing with a wolf pack of, say, Pitch, Kath and Legate, comfortably watching from the sidelines as the village slaughters itself.
Old 04-25-2021, 07:16 AM   #59
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Boro #278: is this a shadow-Seer claim? He uses the word 'StEER' six times over two paragraphs, along with phrases like "For toDay, Legate perhaps it is a comfort to you that my steering is done", and "Sometimes you must brave the rapids and risk losing folk with a true-heart in them", which certainly could be an acknowledgement that he pushed for my lynch without a wolf read on me.

... but we know he's /not/ the Seer, because per the Night 3 Tidbit we know Lottie is the only Gifted who's received votes.

It's vague enough to be deniable, but I think BoroWolf just gave himself away. Hopefully Form catches it!

hS
Old 04-25-2021, 09:16 AM   #60
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

A werewolf's biggest problem

Old 04-25-2021, 01:54 PM   #61
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

I can probably be around pretty close to Deadline, so I'm available for tie-breaking duty. I'm shocked we haven't had anything more Seerish than ShadowBoro - has the Seer not done the maths, or do they think the Sally vote is a good one? Or... some other reason?

Still, looks like Form's having fun.

hS
Old 04-25-2021, 02:07 PM   #62
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch
OK, sally, if I understand you right then you, Boro and Morsul are all innocent, as well as myself (which I knew already). Of course I'd be happy to believe that.
Now Pitch is trying to paint Sally as claiming Seer, which again we Dead know can't be true, but I also can't see how Sally could be construed as claiming it.

It's possible Boro was trying to look Seerish to attract wolf attention, but, like... on this day? Risking a Seer vs. Ordo claim-off? I don't think it too likely.

hS
Old 04-25-2021, 02:11 PM   #63
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quote:
I can probably be around pretty close to Deadline, so I'm available for tie-breaking duty. I'm shocked we haven't had anything more Seerish than ShadowBoro - has the Seer not done the maths, or do they think the Sally vote is a good one? Or... some other reason?

Still, looks like Form's having fun.
I just got back and was thinking the same! ShadowBoro is giving me a headache, Pitch is fishy, and Sally literally just listed both Morsul and Pitch under "wouldn't vote". I'm starting to wonder if our Cobbler of a moddess hasn't made literally everyone a wolf.

It's pretty late here and I have work early tomorrow morning, so I won't stay up much longer. I think it's safer if I again don't vote, just in case something dramatic happens after I'm gone. Barring a real or fake Seer reveal, I'm happy with us voting for any of Sally/Pitch/Morsul. I'd have said that given the choice I'd prefer Pitch, but you also made a very good point about Sally's being on the chopping block as a possible reason why the Seer hasn't revealed. Also she's definitely acting strange toDay.

So - I trust your judgement on which of the three we pick toDay. I think they all look like wolves anyway.
Old 04-25-2021, 02:13 PM   #64
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I do think that if Morsul and Sally are both innocent, then the wolves would have already started piling on that vote...although they still have the Dead vote to deal with, too. So I'm guessing either Sally is our wolf, or Morsul's vote is a wolf feeling out to see if any innocents are willing to bite. I suspect Sally and Soriman are packmates, and I like the theory that Lommy might be the third. I'd be happy to vote Sally for the Dead Thread vote, but it would be much better if we could wait to see what the Living do before casting our votes.
Old 04-25-2021, 02:15 PM   #65
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Soriman - when you eventually read this, a note in passing: saying things like "honestly I couldn't eat someone!" doesn't make you look innocent. In Werewolf on the Downs, in-character, role-playing type stuff generally only happens very early on Day One when there's nothing else to say. People will talk later on about possible wolves looking furry, or having fangs, but they won't try and present that sort of thing as evidence, which is how that line comes across.

(I was going to say something back on Day One, with your "we don't even know the werewolves will come back", but I think I edited it out. Same thing, though.)

hS
Old 04-25-2021, 02:16 PM   #66
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Ahh, looks like Sally doesn't realize we *do* get special information.....
Old 04-25-2021, 02:17 PM   #67
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
I'm starting to wonder if our Cobbler of a moddess hasn't made literally everyone a wolf.
No. But I might have made half the village secret cobblers.
Old 04-25-2021, 02:22 PM   #68
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
No, but they are fallible. Remember, our seer is still among us somewhere, so the dead have nothing to go on but their opinions.
Now Sally is trying to lure the Seer out of hiding, and she either doesn't remember that we get tidbits of info from the mod, or is trying to downplay it. ??

Quote:
I do think that if Morsul and Sally are both innocent, then the wolves would have already started piling on that vote...although they still have the Dead vote to deal with, too. So I'm guessing either Sally is our wolf, or Morsul's vote is a wolf feeling out to see if any innocents are willing to bite. I suspect Sally and Soriman are packmates, and I like the theory that Lommy might be the third. I'd be happy to vote Sally for the Dead Thread vote, but it would be much better if we could wait to see what the Living do before casting our votes.
I agree with everything here (except for the bit about Soriman - I have no read on them whatsoever). I do think that if Pitch isn't a wolf, Lommy fairly likely is. I'm off to bed now, but I trust you two can handle this

Last edited by A Little Green; 04-25-2021 at 02:22 PM. Reason: x-ed with Lottie and esteemed moddess
Old 04-25-2021, 02:23 PM   #69
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by G55
No. But I might have made half the village secret cobblers.
That would explain a lot.
Old 04-25-2021, 02:24 PM   #70
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Quote:
So - I trust your judgement on which of the three we pick toDay. I think they all look like wolves anyway.
So say we all! We'll try to do the right thing.

Quote:
Ahh, looks like Sally doesn't realize we *do* get special information.....
Or is trying to keep the players who haven't been around much from realising it?

Speaking of not around... how do you feel about Legate as our literally-missing Seer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobblMod55
But I might have made half the village secret cobblers.
What?! I thought it was just me!
Old 04-25-2021, 02:28 PM   #71
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Pitch"
Then again, if sally's #316 and #318 are a last ditch attempt by satansawerewolf to sway toDay's voting
... last-ditch? Hasn't there been, er, one whole vote?

Has Pitch conjured a SallySeerClaim out of nowhere and then used it to argue a Sally Wolf?

hS
Old 04-25-2021, 03:40 PM   #72
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
I mean, you're literally asking for it, so yes, fine, I'm the seer. Of
AHA! No you most definitely are not, and Form needs to say so ASAP.

Given that Pitch "spotted her Seer hints" before she'd actually said anything which could reasonably be construed that way, I am 99% sure they're a second wolf.

hS
Old 04-25-2021, 03:44 PM   #73
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
This ridiculous by play between sally and Pitch is making me think there is more than one wolf in that little gang, because if sally is the Seer I'll eat my hat.
Kath for Seer, but more importantly, Kath voted! That gives us:

Morsul > Sally
Kath > Sally (2)

Two more votes and we get another Day.

hS
Old 04-25-2021, 03:46 PM   #74
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Not voting yet, because there's still a chance of something crazy happening. Our vote breaks ties, right? So a 4/4/1 would go to whichever 4 we were in.

hS
Old 04-25-2021, 03:48 PM   #75
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Sally's trying to get people to vote Kath even though, in the scenario where she's the Seer and Morsul is a dreamed innocent, Pitch would by default be a guaranteed wolf......
Old 04-25-2021, 03:51 PM   #76
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
Sally's trying to get people to vote Kath even though, in the scenario where she's the Seer and Morsul is a dreamed innocent, Pitch would by default be a guaranteed wolf......
She's still playing the "the Dead are fallible and so meaningless" card, isn't she?

But "cross fingers that Kath isn't just a misguided innocent" would be a terrible 'only hope' play even if she wasn't a wolf.

hS
Old 04-25-2021, 03:53 PM   #77
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
Our vote breaks ties, right? So a 4/4/1 would go to whichever 4 we were in.
Confirmed. Your vote is, like, 1.5 votes in magnitude. If it causes a tie to happen, it will "win" the tie.
Old 04-25-2021, 04:00 PM   #78
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Alright, Boro! We only need one more vote for Sally or two split votes for other people and we have it.
Old 04-25-2021, 04:03 PM   #79
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Confirmed. Your vote is, like, 1.5 votes in magnitude. If it causes a tie to happen, it will "win" the tie.
Thank you.

Morsul > Sally
Kath > Sally (2)
Boro > Sally (3)

Looks like Sallywolf is going down. I am deeply suspicious of Lommy saying that the real Seer should reveal, but I know I was saying the same thing earlier.

If the wolves see the writing on the wall and join the Sally wagon, do we want to vote for someone else? I mean, Sally's the one we actually KNOW is a wolf, so maybe it's best to stick with that.

(Very amused to note that the voting dead toDay are totally different to the voting dead yesterDay...)

hS
Old 04-25-2021, 04:06 PM   #80
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Hmm, Soriman wants to see what Lommy has to say, does he? Does that mean Lommy is a packmate, or that Lommy's the last hope of the wolves to get a bandwagon going another direction?