Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-04-2009, 11:09 PM   #1841
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Nienna, you're post was great. I was excited to see it.

----

Updated version of the map. I think I made the stalls too large at first. I have altered their size to 10 feet by 10 feet.

I also added the armoury and the gaurd room, along with doors and such.

I need comments and thoughts about upstairs.

I'm off to bed.

-- Folwren

P.S. Nogrod, I sincerely hope you don't resent the fact that I've kind of taken this out of your hand. I just had a vivid idea, and I didn't want to work on my economics paper, so I drew it....and got sucked in, and kept drawing.

Edit: All these stables would not be built at this time. The paddocks may be, and the first twelve stalls plus the tack room and maybe Leof's room will be built at by Nov. 11 of the game.

2nd Edit: Tomorrow, if I have time, I will try to finish the upstairs, and I will put in plans for stuff to go by the kitchen, like a garden and whatnot. Also, we'll need to think of a place for the privy, as someone mentioned above.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Scarburg Meadhall.JPG (95.3 KB, 363 views)

Last edited by Folwren; 11-04-2009 at 11:15 PM.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:40 PM   #1842
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
So....is it a good werewolf game?
Old 11-05-2009, 04:06 PM   #1843
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Aww, poor Foley... Yes, it's a good Werewolf game.

But I'm also paying attention to Scarburg.

What do you have in mind for Saeryn and Degas? Or was that more like just an exeunt for Saeryn? Are we actually having them meet up to chat? And if so, do you want to do a PM co-post, or just wing it on the thread?

As for Rowenna, I'm vaguely holding out on her just because it's so busy in-game that I haven't quite worked out a place for her yet.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:57 PM   #1844
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
A question to everyone!

How do you feel, should we have the post opening the evening banquet - and lord Athanar making his speech - sooner or later?

So would you like to continue making people meet or would you like to get things advancing a bit further?

I can write that post in 24 hours the earliest but could well postpone it to Sunday-Monday (and in the latter case I might write one for lord Athanar looking at the surroundings / meeting someone / cnebba or Stigend doing something before it).

How do you feel about that?
Old 11-05-2009, 05:01 PM   #1845
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I'm good either way, since neither of my characters are particularly involved in anything just now, though if Foley and I do opt for a co-post, that will need a little time if only due to the nature of collaboration.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:06 PM   #1846
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I would really like to have Javan meet up with Aedre and the two younger boys before the banquet....but I can't quite make an entrance yet. So, I'm on hold with that character for now...

As for Saeryn and Degas, I really don't think we need to do an actual post....well...it would be interesting if we did, Fea, so if you want to, let's go ahead, because I have a lot of feelings for what Saeryn is feeling, but I haven't put it into any words yet, and maybe it would be good for players to find out what she's thinking...? I don't know.

And right now, I need to head back to class because it's break and it's time to get back.

-- Foley
Old 11-05-2009, 05:07 PM   #1847
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Foley!

It's great you have been doing the map! And it looks pretty good indeed.

I have a few questions for you to consider though - and I hopefully have time during the weekend to really look at them.

But just for starters.

What do you mean by the Guardroom? Is it meant to be room where the guards sleep or where they have their office - or where they guard?

With the two latter options it would be too far away and aside of anything to be guarded.

Couldn't the armoury be on the left of the doors as that would be the coldest part of the hall during cold periods and thus liberate space for a table or two near the kitchens where it would be warmer?

Also we need to attach fireplaces - and look at their places in accordance with the second story so that all the warmth that comes from the fireplaces would directly heat the rooms up above them and not go astray. And the kitchen oven (& the possible fireplace on top of that) should also be used to warm some upper-story chambers?

I have some ideas on those but if you have some as well feel free to add them and we can discuss this plan further as the weekend comes.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:07 PM   #1848
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Nog, I'll answer you next break in class. I'm late as it is.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:08 PM   #1849
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I would love to see Saeryn and Degas meet before the banquet begins!
Old 11-05-2009, 05:11 PM   #1850
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Oh, one more addendum to the planning...

We had a corridor between the kitchen and the Hall in the previous Hall as the hall was made of wood. But now it seems lord Eodwine had gotten his wishes through at least in part - and thus it would make it possible that the wall between the Hall and the kitchen would be made of stone and thus there needn't be a corridor for fire safety reasons... which means more warmth to the Hall as the kitchen oven might be made into the wall with the Hall itself...
Old 11-05-2009, 05:53 PM   #1851
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Mnemosyne Send a message via Yahoo to Mnemosyne
I'd like to get an unpacking post in before the banquet. I'll try to get it up sometime tonight... which is what I said last night...
Old 11-05-2009, 06:01 PM   #1852
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Don't feel rushed anyone!

We have a lots of posting going on and we should get in all the posts people are willing to do... I mean that's why we do this: to give everyone a chance to write in! But we should not wait for a week for just one post someone wishes to do but can't right now (and if it's important we can always add it later). As long as there are like three or more posts everyday we can easily postpone the beginning of the banquet.

It's just that if the posting gets stalled we need to get forwards not to lose this great momentum... which will actually happen one day, but let's not think about it right now but keep up the great spirit we have now!
Old 11-05-2009, 06:04 PM   #1853
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

We can hold off on the banquet, then, right Nogrod? Since so many people want something up before it?

K....your comments about the Hall map....

Quote:
What do you mean by the Guardroom? Is it meant to be room where the guards sleep or where they have their office - or where they guard?
Place where the guards and probably other men at present stay. Yes, it is very large. No, I'm not sure what exactly it's for. I don't like it and want to change it, but have had no inspiration yet.

Quote:
Couldn't the armoury be on the left of the doors as that would be the coldest part of the hall during cold periods and thus liberate space for a table or two near the kitchens where it would be warmer?
I agree. After I arranged it, I decided that that was a horrible place for the armory. I don't want it to be to the left, though, because I want the hall to have the front door to be in the center and opening to an even space both to the right and the left, and just have the hall a clean, rectangle sweep, if that makes sense.

Quote:
Also we need to attach fireplaces - and look at their places in accordance with the second story so that all the warmth that comes from the fireplaces would directly heat the rooms up above them and not go astray. And the kitchen oven (& the possible fireplace on top of that) should also be used to warm some upper-story chambers?
I have been thinking about the fireplace, too. I think the fireplace in the main hall should be on the right wall - against what I now have being the armory and the guardroom. That means those two rooms should be used for people to live in.

The kitchen fireplace I put where it is because of the fire issue I had been thinking of. But you made a comment...

Quote:
We had a corridor between the kitchen and the Hall in the previous Hall as the hall was made of wood. But now it seems lord Eodwine had gotten his wishes through at least in part - and thus it would make it possible that the wall between the Hall and the kitchen would be made of stone and thus there needn't be a corridor for fire safety reasons... which means more warmth to the Hall as the kitchen oven might be made into the wall with the Hall itself...
Which means we can shift kitchen up against the great hall and put the fireplace up against the hall. I think I will put the kitchen against the hall and then put the armory and maybe even the guardroom below the kitchen, which will help enclose the courtyard even more. The fireplace will then be able to be on the back wall of the kitchen and therefore warm the guard room. I will draw it sometime tomorrow, I imagine, won't have time tonight.

And still...upstairs...

Oh, if we move the guardroom and armory, we can put the master-bedroom (so to speak) and the ladies quarters in those two downstairs room on the right of the great hall. That way, it will be realistic that everyone would be housed but they would not have completed the upper storey at all.

I am all for a post with Saeryn and Degas now. Fea, do you want to start it, or should I? Degas is on horseback, so Saeryn can't very find him unless he comes back.

Back to class I go!

-- Foley
Old 11-05-2009, 07:30 PM   #1854
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

You can bring him back and start it, or I can. Your call. But I won't be able to start it until tomorrow if you leave it to me.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:52 PM   #1855
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
We can hold off on the banquet, then, right Nogrod? Since so many people want something up before it?
Of course! It's not my hurry... Just wishing to keep up the pace of posting.

But as I said, so long as people write posts more or less daily then we have no hurry to get things moving forwards.

Let's enjoy the posting!

I'll come back to the floorplans with you Foley, tomorrow or Saturday the latest. And anyone willing to engage please do it.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:55 PM   #1856
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
You can bring him back and start it, or I can. Your call. But I won't be able to start it until tomorrow if you leave it to me.
I won't be able to do it until tomorrow, either. So, let's say, first come, first serve.

Quote:
I'll come back to the floorplans with you Foley, tomorrow or Saturday the latest. And anyone willing to engage please do it.
K...I'll keep working on it in my freetime, and then just make any suggestions when you come with some. I'm always glad to change something to make it better.

-- Folwren
Old 11-06-2009, 06:01 AM   #1857
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Glad to see things going on and people making excellent posts (and liking my rascal characters ).

Nienna - your post was good, Nogrod or/and I'll try to write for Cnebba asap!
Old 11-06-2009, 08:33 AM   #1858
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Ad posting before banquet: As far as I am concerned, I thought that maybe Durelin might want to write yet some short interaction between Coen and Hilderinc, and in the end I figured that I might as well go and post some opening to that myself anyway. Also, if Thornden is perhaps going to find his way among the soldiers, they could meet yet before the banquet? (Either still with Coen, or if he leaves Hilderinc, then alone with him, or anything...)
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 11-06-2009, 09:05 AM   #1859
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate from the game thread
For now, maybe there were other orders, or maybe the soldiers could at last go and see the place where they were going to live.
That's a particularly funny line, Legate, since even we planners don't know exactly where that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
Nienna - your post was good, Nogrod or/and I'll try to write for Cnebba asap!
Looking forward to it with great excitement.

I will post hopefully later this morning...Fea, if you get around to it, still post first, please. I don't really know when I'll have time to do it.

-- Foley
Old 11-06-2009, 12:49 PM   #1860
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Crabby's baaaack.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:51 PM   #1861
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
That's a particularly funny line, Legate, since even we planners don't know exactly where that is.
Yes, well, this is partially why I wrote that But I think we can subtly avoid speaking specifically about the matter if it is not decided soon yet.

And, haha, I liked that Lilige mentioned the soldiers' brawl to Wynflaed, it is just a small thing, but it would be funny if the news of it after all reached the command (so to say, from the other direction). Or, if everybody knew about it except for Coen
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 11-06-2009, 02:33 PM   #1862
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Oh, this is wonderful. You people write excellent posts.

I'll write for Cnebba now...
Old 11-06-2009, 02:45 PM   #1863
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
Ad posting before banquet: As far as I am concerned, I thought that maybe Durelin might want to write yet some short interaction between Coen and Hilderinc, and in the end I figured that I might as well go and post some opening to that myself anyway. Also, if Thornden is perhaps going to find his way among the soldiers, they could meet yet before the banquet? (Either still with Coen, or if he leaves Hilderinc, then alone with him, or anything...)
Yeah, thanks Legate, I was hoping to have Coen talk to Hilderinc briefly. I managed to get a bit busy the past few days, sorry. I'll get a post up tomorrow at latest if that's okay. Feel free to move on, if you don't mind Legate I can always give you something to edit into your post.

Hilderinc asks a good question. That's an awesome map, Folwren! Where does everyone think the soldiers should be housed? There can't be very many. Would the 'Guardroom' in this case also include the barracks then? Or should there be a separate building/does a separate building need to be built even? I see this kinda was talked about a bit. I am fine with winging it a bit.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:07 PM   #1864
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Now it's up to either of you, Nienna or Folwren, to continue for the kids - Javan can come interfere now, or Aedre can get mad first, whichever of you wants to take the ball.

Nienna, please tell me if you want me to edit anything I made Aedre say or do, even just a bit. And please tell me what her trunk should look like! I just had to come up with something so I wrote something.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:07 PM   #1865
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin View Post
Yeah, thanks Legate, I was hoping to have Coen talk to Hilderinc briefly. I managed to get a bit busy the past few days, sorry. I'll get a post up tomorrow at latest if that's okay. Feel free to move on, if you don't mind Legate I can always give you something to edit into your post.
Fine with me, I have posted this small bit and now I can just as well wait for you posting. No excessive hurry, I think we are still in the stage of "finishing the day" before the banquet, and we can still wait for these few posts before that happens, right, Nog?

Quote:
Would the 'Guardroom' in this case also include the barracks then? Or should there be a separate building/does a separate building need to be built even? I see this kinda was talked about a bit. I am fine with winging it a bit.
I was also thinking that perhaps guardroom=barracks, which would then make things a lot easier (and also it would make a lot more sense - I mean, I don't think there is anything you would need a "guardroom" for here, or, not yet anyway, with the hall of this size. And if something is built for the purpose of guarding, then I would suggest some smaller tower for a few guards to see around. There really won't be anything more needed for the time being).
Old 11-06-2009, 03:09 PM   #1866
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Fine with me, I have posted this small bit and now I can just as well wait for you posting. No excessive hurry, I think we are still in the stage of "finishing the day" before the banquet, and we can still wait for these few posts before that happens, right, Nog?
I can speak for him for we just talked about this - as he's said on the thread, there's absolutely no hurry with the banquet as long as people are interested to post about stuff that happens before it and no one is getting bored yet... So just go on and post if you have any ideas!
Old 11-06-2009, 03:12 PM   #1867
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Fine enough. Well, I don't think there will be necessarily much of that, but people are probably going to post a few things yet...

And by the way, Lommy, your post was cuute! (Although you misspelled and wrote "truck" instead of "trunk" in the last sentence, but that's nice as well )
Old 11-06-2009, 03:49 PM   #1868
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post

And by the way, Lommy, your post was cuute! (Although you misspelled and wrote "truck" instead of "trunk" in the last sentence, but that's nice as well )
Hmph. *off to edit* (Although, thanks for pointing it out. I was confusing those two words all the time, which was pretty annoying.)

PS. Thanks to whoever it was that repped me forty minutes ago for my latest post for Cnebba and didn't sign it.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:10 PM   #1869
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
Lommy!! That Cnebba post was great. I might post something little about Ædre getting mad and then Javon can pop in if that works for you Foley.

Oh and her trunk is perfect.
Old 11-06-2009, 05:27 PM   #1870
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Oooookay. At long last, I posted.

Durelin - your character is addressed, but hardly needs to answer.
Legate and Durelin - I don't know if Firefoot is around. She hasn't been lately. She plays Leof's character. If you wish, you can have Leof approaching them to tell them that he needs some help, as Saeryn ordered.

Fea, I posted for Saeryn, but did not have her find Degas. Instead I had her find Flithaf's stall taken with the new lord's horse. Hehehehe. That's beside the point. You can have Degas ride up whenever you like.

Remember while writing, everyone, that the second wing of stalls are NOT built at present. So, I think we have 11 stalls?

Lommy! Great post! I liked it. Legate was right - it was cute.
Javan won't enter quite yet. Let Aedre get heated up first.

Guardroom does equal Barracks. I will note that. I am also moving the barracks/guardroom to another place, so....if you all will hang on for like thirty minutes, I'll get a new and improved map up. You're getting this in piece meal, you know.

At present, there may not be very many guards, but there are a lot of men, and I think that right now, since we don't have a lot of actual rooms built, the men will all be staying in one place. That's one reason it's so large, I think.

-- Folwren
Old 11-06-2009, 05:41 PM   #1871
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Here is the newest map.

As you see, I haven't decided what those rooms inside the hall are. I am trying to put the womens' quarters down there and the master bedroom. Plenty of room, I just don't know how to use the room.

I have added doors to all the stalls. I have also put many doors into the building. Note the side door by the stairs. Also, the kitchen has two doors....

I'll work on this later tonight some more.

-- Foley
Old 11-06-2009, 05:55 PM   #1872
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

On the guardroom & barracks issue...

It would be wise if any rooms hosting the soldiers would be tight against the walls of the MH itself as the Hall will be warmed up during winter-time and thus as much square-feets/meters adjacent to the Hall itself would mean cost-free heating to them. So not a square-shaped room in the corner of the Hall but a rectangle building along the lines of the Hall itself? Probably behind it looking from the main doors eg. behind the longer back-wall?

Also those rooms upstairs (for others than soldiers) should be over the main heat supplies: the main fireplace at the Hall, the side-fireplace heating the best tables and the eorl's bench, the kitchen oven (which should be sharing a wall with the Hall) as heat gets upwards... etc.

I have an idea of how it might work, but let us see if you Foley come up with a better solution to it.

Also I managed to draw a general map of the Mid-Emnet in relation to Edoras. I'll take a pic of it tomorrow in daylight and send it here for you to approve/disapprove.

And as Lommy said: there is no hurry!

As long as people think they wish to write people meeting before the banquet and there are a host of posts everyday, we shall go on. When you feel you are ready or the number of posts starts to go down, I'll post for lord Athanar to open the banquet. So take your time - posting that is.
Old 11-06-2009, 05:56 PM   #1873
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Here is the newest map.
Foley, I think the link is missing...
Old 11-06-2009, 07:11 PM   #1874
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
PS. Thanks to whoever it was that repped me forty minutes ago for my latest post for Cnebba and didn't sign it.
Sorry! I always forget that. *facepalms*
Old 11-06-2009, 08:09 PM   #1875
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Whooops. I did go through the motions of attaching it, but I guess the computer didn't recognize it.

Let's try again....but I think I see what you mean about the guardroom's situation. I'll attach the latest map and then work on the map some more and attach another one...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Scarburg Meadhall.JPG (87.1 KB, 327 views)
Old 11-06-2009, 08:25 PM   #1876
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I think we are ready for Javan now Foley. If there is anything that you want me to add that might make his entrance easier let me know.

Lommy if I misrepresented Cnebba please let me know and I can edit.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:24 PM   #1877
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Foley: I'll get on that once I catch up. Also, tiny nitpick: you forgot the 'r' in armory on the map.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:19 PM   #1878
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

*Gasp* Foley! That post was brilliant. I can't wait to write a response. It is a bit late now though so it will probably be tomorrow.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:35 PM   #1879
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Thanks, Fea. Paint doesn't have spell checker, that I know of.

Nogrod, let me know what you think of this new plan.

As it turns out, we have an extra room that is very large. It's way up in the back, right hand corner of hall. I was considering putting in a room where Modtryth, Stigend and Cnebba could be together as a family, but there was no convenient place to put them. Let me know ideas on that...

Guard room and Armory at the front of the building. Guardroom a little too small for my liking...unless we decide to put all the men who aren't strictly guards back in that back room.

I put the kitchen ladies across the hall from the kitchen. I may have made a mistake to make two rooms for the women. I'm really not sure how many of us there are.

Nienna, I almost cross posted with you, but not quite. I'm glad you like the post. I am looking forward with GREAT anticipation to your response. Unfortunately, I will be away most of tomorrow and may not get a chance to post until Sunday. If I don't post by noon tomorrow (which is about twelve hours from when I will be posting this post) then assume I won't be on again until Sunday afternoon. And in which case, why don't you, Nienna, go ahead and heat the argument all the way up to whatever point you wish. Have Javan say or do whatever strikes your fancy. Then when I get on, if it's not fiery enough, I'll fix it.

K....I think that's it. Once again, let me know your thoughts, everyone.

EDIT: The map says that the outer side wall is only 60 feet long. That is a lie...I added twelve feet to it when I put in the guardroom and armoury and moved the kitchen up. So, the dimensions for the building are now 90 by 72. Plus twelve more where the kitchen sticks out a little.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Scarburg Meadhall.JPG (92.1 KB, 297 views)
Old 11-07-2009, 07:17 AM   #1880
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I'm in a hurry right now and will comment on things later today. But here's a draft of Mid Emnet.