The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-31-2007, 07:21 AM   #121
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Argh! I'm so sorry! I completely forgot. Am I in time?

++SAUCE

Holby revealed and that's about as far as I've read. No one countered so she's the Seer and Sauce is a wolf.
Old 07-31-2007, 07:45 AM   #122
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Standing in Lalwendë's garden, Holby steps forward, eying nervously those around her. She never takes her eyes from Saucie. "I've never told you," she begins, "but I am the many-greats granddaughter of a celebrated Seer. I inherited, though, sadly, my dreams are rarely of much help. You see, those who I dream about tend to die immediately after. Legate... kicked it during a bit of idiocy on your part. Brinniel died in the night. Please, my friends, keep up tradition. I've dreamt of The Saucepan Man. And he is evil as only a wolf can be. You must kill him also."

She expects him to pounce, to leap for her throat and cut her down. Better yet, he proposes a counter-attack. "She's obviously lying."

Every villager laughs at him.

"What you've forgotten," says the phantom, "is that Holby is too sweet to manipulate people like that. She's the one who knows the marriage lore of the Rings, she's the one who cares for people's children... Though she would make a formidable enemy, it's not her style at all to be so brazen. Now if, say, you or I pretended to be a Seer to flush the real one, that would be believable. But it's Holby. Sweet Holby. Lovable Holby. It's cute that you thought your last ditch effort would work."

A woman screams as Spam's claws lengthen. "But it's daylight!"

The Saucepan Wolf lunges for Holby's throat, throwing aside villagers in his attempt to kill his accuser. Seer or not, she's turned the village against him.

"I think not!" cries the phantom, always one for drama, bravado, and showing off his savior complex to the delight of the ladies. He shoots The Wolfpan Man in the back of the head with a razor sharp arrow. Wolfpan falls with a resounding thud, twitching.

"He's still alive!" cries one.

"No he isn't." says the phantom casually. "It's just that my arrow is embedded in his nervous system."

Holby shivers mere inches from his outstretched arm. Every villager suspects she will not last the night. She hopes only for the ability to help the village once more.

Yet as though an enchantment is upon them, the villagers all retire to bed. Night is dangerous in these parts; the only safety is behind locked doors. And for one in their midst? A door will not be enough.

As each villager passes into his or her respective cottage, Kath runs forward, eying the setting sun with uncertainty. "Am I too late?"

"Yes." says a disembodied voice from the graveyard. "You are."

---

Dead

Night One: Boromir88 (scholar) and Fea (wife)
Day One: Legate (innocent), Durelin (innocent), Menel (innocent)
Night Two: Brinniel (innocent)
Day Two: Shasta (innocent)
Night Two: Lalwendë (innocent)
Day Three: The Saucepan Man (wolf)

Alive

CaptainofDespair
Gil-Galad
Holbytlass
Kath
Mithalwen
the phantom
Old 08-02-2007, 08:00 AM   #123
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
The wolves slip away in the night to confer where they will not be seen or heard. They perch upon a fallen tree, watching the moon loom overhead. It is a clear night. The moon is vast, silver white. In the clearing below them, the village sleeps.

One removes a flask from a cache of supplies beneath the tree; they have met here before. They share a drink in honor of their fallen comrade.

"But tonight..." red eyes gleam, "tonight the village shall pay."

---

Every villager sleeps, but not all dreams are equal. The Seer's rest is unrestful.

A rider gallops down a well-trodden road, message in hand.

The moon rises beyond the sillhouette of broken branches on the roadside. A black bird screams as its nest is invaded in the dark.

The moonlight illuminates a face in the shadows. The rider gasps.

---

The wolves enter the house through an open window. The resident sleeps on the floor. One slits the throat quietly while the other gathers the dripping blood in a goblet. They toast each other and watch for signs of success. The sun begins to rise over the forest.

---

Morning dawns and the village gathers. The phantom is missing. The Seer laughs.

---

Dead

Night One: Boromir88 (scholar) and Fea (wife)
Day One: Legate (innocent), Durelin (innocent), Menel (innocent)
Night Two: Brinniel (innocent)
Day Two: Shasta (innocent)
Night Two: Lalwendë (innocent)
Day Three: The Saucepan Man (wolf)
Night Three: the phantom (innocent)

Alive

CaptainofDespair
Gil-Galad
Holbytlass
Kath
Mithalwen
Old 08-02-2007, 08:13 AM   #124
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dûm

CaptainofDespair has just left Hobbiton.
The True Seer!

So, it would seem that Holby is not our Seer but a wolf. That is because I am the real Seer.

She still lives, I think, because she and Saucepan Man planned on luring me out yesterday in hopes that they could votes either split between the two of them (and then use all three wolf votes to kill me as they would then have only 2 votes a piece, ending the game). Or had Holby or Sauce expected to die, only one wolf would be gone today anyway.

However, as the poor phantom had requested, I could not reveal myself. To do so would have been death (I knew Sauce was a wolf from my first Dream). Holby I then assumed was one. Since it was wolf on wolf acting, I felt to come out would only hamper our village's defense, as it would lose the last chance to find the last wolf.

And I have done so. Gil-Galad is our final wolf. Having dreamt of him last night (out of a sneaking suspicion I had), we now have all three wolves known.

Mithalwen, Kath: As our known innocents, I implore you to vote for Holby. If we get rid of her today, Gil-Galad will kill me tonight leaving you two to vote him down tomorrow.

I am at work, and busy, so I will return later today to reveal all.
CaptainofDespair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 10:58 AM   #125
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Oh Captain my captain...

I need to read through but I am inclined to believe you at the moment. I certainly was coming to the conclusion that Gil is a wolf anyway and that Kath is innocent ...as a wolf she tends to be more engaged....

But I don't have to vote yet so will keep an open mind till I have read through considering both scenarios:

CaptainofDespair Seer
Gil-Galad Wolf
Holbytlass Wolf
Kath Ordo
Mithalwen Ordo

Or

CaptainofDespair Presumably Wolf
Gil-Galad Likely second wolf
Holbytlass Seer
Kath likely other ordo
Mithalwen Ordo

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 11:17 AM   #126
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Is anyone out there?

Old 08-02-2007, 11:24 AM   #127
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Captain of Despair..if you dreamed of Sauce Night one, why did you never mention any suspicion of him? That is the main thing that troubles me...... and something els eI can't quite put my finger on...

Old 08-02-2007, 11:53 AM   #128
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
Captain of Despair..if you dreamed of Sauce Night one, why did you never mention any suspicion of him? That is the main thing that troubles me...... and something els eI can't quite put my finger on...
To mention suspicion of him might have made me a target. I'd rather not compromise myself just to show I have suspicions of him. I wanted to wait as long as possible to reveal my agenda so that I'd have a better shot at getting at all three wolves, or at least two.
Old 08-02-2007, 02:35 PM   #129
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dûm

Alrighty. Now that I am free of the shackles of work, I might respond more fully. This will include some rehashing of my first post, but it will keep things together better, I think.

So let us explore my Seer-dom.

Alrighty. On the first dream night, I spent my time dreaming of Saucepan Man. There was no real reason here, except that he is a great (and dangerous) player if he is a wolf. To my surprise and luck he was indeed one.

I did not reveal my suspicions of him once I knew his true nature as it might place me in harm's way. The wolves this game did not seem to be picking threatening targets, however. I am unsure as to what their decision-making process could be, but it might be based in the "potential" of their targets to cause harm. Brinniel might be the best case for this argument, as she seems to be a well-rounded player.

My next dream was of Kath (though I was considering the phantom, but then felt he would not be a wolf as well as Saucepan Man), who had garnered some suspicion from Saucepan Man. Knowing his nature, I decided it might be best to see if it was a wolf-on-wolf plot. Unfortunately it was not, and so I did not have another wolf. But I had an innocent at least. Fortunately, Kath still lives.

My third dream was of the phantom, whose actions during the quintuple lynch moment were quite suspicious. I doubted he could be a wolf at first, but since Kath was innocent it might have been wolf-to-wolf action with Sauce. Again I turned up nothing, as the phantom proved to be an innocent.

Once Holby came out as a the Seer I knew her to be a wolf, and knowing Sauce was one I refused to reveal myself. I felt this would be best for the village (as the wolves might get lucky and get an attempted double lynch which would allow them to win the game with my death by tacking all three of their votes on me).

Once the Night set in, I debated for some time one who to dream of. Holby did not really provide much to go on. Her absence and lack of interaction with other players gave me a dead end. I could find little based on what had come out of her voting for Saucepan Man, as I attributed it to wolves attempting to draw me out. So I went an alternate route.

Saucepan Man had been a rather vocal player this game (one of the few), and Holby was "helpful" when around, but mostly absent. Since these two were known wolves to me, I thought I might try to pick my dream based on activity and any feelings I might have when I thought of certain players.

Mithalwen and Gil-Galad were my only two choices, as I had dreamed of the phantom and Kath previously in my attempt to use Saucepan Man as a reference point. Mithalwen had some things in common with Sauce, but she has been available. I did not feel anything in my gut when I went over some of her posts, and so I moved on to Gil-Galad.

His lack of activity (which would put him at the low end of the scale of the three wolves, with Sauce at the top and Holby in the middle), combined with his random voting pattern (which is sparse, but his mod vote was very odd) and my initial suspicion of him (mostly playing off his avatar) leant me to look into him. Although it would not matter, I preferred to find the wolf outright rather than an innocent. Either one being dreamed of would have yielded the result. In dreaming of Gil-Galad, I did indeed find the wolf I was looking for.

While I am saddened the phantom had to die in the name of my search, coming out would have been ineffective in winning the game in my view. But I feel his sacrifice is not in vain, as the innocents of this village can rally and put down a wolf today. Then everything is set for a win after my death tonight.
Old 08-02-2007, 02:36 PM   #130
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
woah... where did me coming a wolf be? since this is the end i might as well reveal it and save my hide

i am the seer

CaptainofDespair is trying to pretend to kill me off, a good ending move as a wolf, too bad i dreamt of you last night as wolf

Holbytlass is innocent! Mithalwen is innocent!

so that leaves us to lynch Kath and Captain!

++CaptainofDespair
Old 08-02-2007, 02:41 PM   #131
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil-Galad View Post
woah... where did me coming a wolf be? since this is the end i might as well reveal it and save my hide

i am the seer

CaptainofDespair is trying to pretend to kill me off, a good ending move as a wolf, too bad i dreamt of you last night as wolf

Holbytlass is innocent! Mithalwen is innocent!

so that leaves us to lynch Kath and Captain!

++CaptainofDespair
You lack the credentials, Gil-Galad. If Holby is innocent, how did she pick a wolf in Saucepan Man? She revealed a dreaming pattern, as well. You have nothing to show for but accusations.

And that you attempt to turn my own reasoning against shows you have nothing in your hand but the blood and gore of our fellow villagers whom you ruthlessly slaughtered. Your testimony can only be turned against you.

And how am I trying to pretend to kill you off? Today I'm going for Holby, as she is far more dangerous a wolf than you. You will simply be put down tomorrow after you kill me tonight. Essentially, I'm leaving Mithalwen and Kath to kill you off.
Old 08-02-2007, 02:42 PM   #132
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Holbytlass has just left Hobbiton.
I'm alive?!?

I dreamt of Captain last night and he is a wolf.

He's EVIL!!

++Captain of Despair
Old 08-02-2007, 02:47 PM   #133
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Reading through today, now I see why I'm alive. Didn't need to look at the village bullletin because I fully expected to be dead (also had RL company).

Good one, CoD.

WHY as a wolf would I kill off Phantom, as he is a better debator than I am and was in my corner. I would NEVER have killed him last night!
Old 08-02-2007, 02:50 PM   #134
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holbytlass View Post
I'm alive?!?

I dreamt of Captain last night and he is a wolf.

He's EVIL!!

++Captain of Despair
And so the last two wolves come into concert with one another. I find it interesting that Gil-Galad can only put out a real vote when his wolfen hide is in danger.

And you Holby, are alive because you are a wolf. Nice try attempting to lure me out with a fake Seer act, but you've failed. I will not be bested by you canine mongrels.

In any case, I planned on a spurt of activity from the wolves, if only enough to try to kill me. But the vote will come down to Kath and Mithalwen. They are the deciders on this matter. I have complete faith that they will do the right thing.
Old 08-02-2007, 02:52 PM   #135
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Reading through today, now I see why I'm alive. Didn't need to look at the village bullletin because I fully expected to be dead (also had RL company).

Good one, CoD.

WHY as a wolf would I kill off Phantom, as he is a better debator than I am and was in my corner. I would NEVER have killed him last night!
I assume the phantom is dead is because it would reflect poorly on me. He believed me to be a wolf yesterday. To kill him would make me seem guilty, and thus allow you to continue your false and very flawed Seer act, Holby. The phantom, it seems to me, is more useful to you dead than alive.
Old 08-02-2007, 02:57 PM   #136
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

If i were a wolf why would I come out playing I was the seer at that moment? I was under no threat of being lynched garnering only one vote in the beginning from Mithalwen. Even SpM wasn't under huge suspicions. The wolves had a huge head start after that three way lynching so why would I lie and say I was the seer and get rid of a fellow wolf, also outing myself?

I am the seer, I got lucky dreaming of a wolf and nailed him at a critical time for the village, not the wolves.
Old 08-02-2007, 03:03 PM   #137
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
If i were a wolf why would I come out playing I was the seer at that moment? I was under no threat of being lynched garnering only one vote in the beginning from Mithalwen. Even SpM wasn't under huge suspicions. The wolves had a huge head start after that three way lynching so why would I lie and say I was the seer and get rid of a fellow wolf, also outing myself?

I am the seer, I got lucky dreaming of a wolf and nailed him at a critical time for the village, not the wolves.
Because the village was in danger of falling to the wolves. And what better way than to win the game by getting the real Seer lynched. By using two wolves, instead of one true innocent, in your game, you allowed yourselves (it would seem to me) to be set up for a double lynch. Now, that was contingent on several factors, such as me revealing myself and not knowing Sauce to be a wolf. That is one theory of mine. It is somewhat flawed, but it did form the first ideas of how this might have gone down.

My other is that you would allow one of you to be lynched (you, specifically, Holby) when the Seer came out. Sauce might then look a tad more innocent than what he was, giving you two wolves with knowledge of the Seer. Without me, the village could not easily find the last wolf. That might then be enough to garner victory for you.

And wolves have outed each other before. WW is a game of attrition. If wolves must be outed to ensure victory, I do not doubt they'd do it if it'd secure a win.

Last edited by CaptainofDespair; 12-10-2007 at 10:54 AM.
Old 08-02-2007, 03:10 PM   #138
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainofDespair
Because the village was in danger of falling to the wolves.
Therefore, as a wolf, I would have sat back and let it fall.
Quote:
And wolves have outed each other before. WW is a game of attrition. If wolves must be outed to ensure victory, I do not doubt they'd do it if it'd secure a win.
True, very true, but again the timing of my so-called "charade" is way off. The wolves were ahead and in no danger at that moment-so I would not have pointed fingers at a fellow wolf needlessly.
Old 08-02-2007, 03:15 PM   #139
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Therefore, as a wolf, I would have sat back and let it fall.

True, very true, but again the timing of my so-called "charade" is way off. The wolves were ahead and in no danger at that moment-so I would not have pointed fingers at a fellow wolf needlessly.
Why let it? There were 4 innocents (counting the Seer) and three wolves. It is not so hard to assume that as the numbers of innocents drop, the likelihood of a wolf being lynched increases significantly. I would surmise since Saucepan Man opted out of the quintuple lynch to win the game earlier, that you might have wished to go out in 'style' perhaps?

As for pointing fingers, Sauce was a tad in danger. Phantom was not sure of him, I think, and a few others had their suspicions. Also, had you not pulled your charade before I was able to view the forum, I might have come out to declare Sauce a wolf to save the village. But, perhaps, since I did not, you went ahead with a predetermined plan.

I have no real idea what was going through your minds. You are individuals after all, and so your reasoning is not so easy to see (it could very well have been illogical, masterminded by the insane Gil-Galad?). I can only guess at your motives and decision-making.
Old 08-02-2007, 03:29 PM   #140
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Now you are grasping at straws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
CoD[/B]]I would surmise since Saucepan Man opted out of the quintuple lynch to win the game earlier, that you might have wished to go out in 'style' perhaps?
Style? LOL!! I have no style, sir.

No, SpM likes to win but doesn't like things handed to him. He might be kicking himself now, though.
If he and I orchestrated this, he certainly would have thought through this fiasco better.

I'm afraid I have to go and feed my wee ones and therefore have to leave for awhile.
Old 08-02-2007, 03:43 PM   #141
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Now you are grasping at straws.

Style? LOL!! I have no style, sir.

No, SpM likes to win but doesn't like things handed to him. He might be kicking himself now, though.
If he and I orchestrated this, he certainly would have thought through this fiasco better.
Maybe, maybe not.

As for the style comment: I thought wolves were opportunists, taking what the game gave them. Opportunists often lack style (though I recall one French Revolutionary having style while meandering his way through the Terror and Napoleon when opportunity struck). Since you are not clearly opportunists, then, perhaps you do have style but are unwilling to ascribe to it?

In any case, that is not important. Petty quibbles will not get you and Gil-Galad lynched, but a good case will. And I think whatever one you could have had started to come undone when Gil-Galad attempted to play the Seer. Even in jest it is unwise to be so foolish when you already have one supposed Seer on your side. Gil is certainly a crazed and very fool hardy wolf. His silence would have played out better for you two, I think.
Old 08-02-2007, 05:27 PM   #142
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Oh please tell me you're kidding! Three potential Seers? And here I thought this was going to be a simple game.

So, we have three sets of options:

1) Holby is the Seer making CoD a wolf and the rest unknowns.

2) CoD is the Seer making Gil and, presumably Holby, a wolf and Mith and myself innocents.

3) Gil is the Seer making myself and CoD wolves and Mith and Holby innocents.

YesterDay I was convinced of Holby's Seership, but why would the wolves not kill her in the Night? I know there are all kinds of theories about setting people up and bluffing but a Seer is such a danger to the wolves. Whatever the possible benefits of leaving one alive are surely the negatives must outweigh that? Which is why I now have misgivings over Holby's claim.

Gil, well, to be honest his revelation looked like retaliation. It's something we've seen from him before. He's accused so he accuses right back, and since he has me down as a wolf I'm hardly inclined to believe him. I suppose it is possible that he did dream of CoD and maybe either Mith or Holby, but just had to guess at the roles of the ones he didn't dream of. I'll have a look back over his posts just in case but I think he's just following the crowd here.

As to CoD, I am always wary of someone who reveals after someone else has already done so, and to me the choice is between him and Holby (I can't really see Gil being away so much and forgetting the game if he was something important, especially after his performance as a Gifted not long ago). This back and forth between those two might show something valuable, so I'll have a look at that while I'm checking out Gil's history as well.
Old 08-02-2007, 05:36 PM   #143
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
this game is reaching its end and i must state that my wariness of posting has helped me do my seer duties, i told you i am trying out different tactics! but i must protest that captain's accusation of me being a wolf is so untrue and my dream of him focuses him being a wolf... if you kill me you will discover

Day four: Gil-Galad(Seer)

and that will surely give the remaining two wolves a kill... let us at least try to take one down, if i must i will go along with a double lynching of myself and Captain to end the debate of either of us being wolves! because surely i am dead by tomorrow
Old 08-02-2007, 05:43 PM   #144
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil-Galad
... let us at least try to take one down, if i must i will go along with a double lynching of myself and Captain to end the debate of either of us being wolves! because surely i am dead by tomorrow
Oh no, you don't Gil. I don't know who or what you are, YET. But if you go along with a double lynch of yourself and Captain than the village is lost tonight.

Maybe you are the third wolf. maybe you knew some one would say no to a double lynch but it looks good that you're trying to save the village and of course wolf against wolf is a strategy.

Speaking of opportunistic......
Old 08-02-2007, 05:46 PM   #145
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Gil throws suspicions on Holby at once, but am I right in thinking the Seer didn't have a dream first night, so even if he is the Seer this doesn't actually mean anything.

Day 2 he turns up and randomly votes for Boro, who isn't even playing. By this point he would have had a dream and had at least some information. Now, there's keeping a low profile and there's being completely unhelpful, if he is the Seer then this is the latter.

As to Day 3, he didn't even turn up.

Well that pretty much clears that up for me. Gil is not the Seer. He has just said though that he's trying new tactics, and while they might not fit the pattern of a Seer they might just fit that of a wolf. I'm wary of thinking Gil a wolf, as so often he turns out to be a misguided innocent, but it almost looks as though he's been taking lessons in how to stay alive by making himself the 'wild card'.

I think my decision on him will depend on what I think of this feud between Holby and CoD. I will try to look at that as soon as I can but it's coming up to 1 in the morning over here and I could really do with some sleep, so if I don't post again in the next hour or so don't expect to hear from me until the morning.
Old 08-02-2007, 06:20 PM   #146
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Oh no, you don't Gil. I don't know who or what you are, YET. But if you go along with a double lynch of yourself and Captain than the village is lost tonight.

Maybe you are the third wolf. maybe you knew some one would say no to a double lynch but it looks good that you're trying to save the village and of course wolf against wolf is a strategy.

Speaking of opportunistic......
If that were the case, Holby, then maybe the mods forgot to tell us all something? Besides that Gil is crazed, Gil is a wolf, and Gil is a crazed wolf.

His antics are catching my eye, though. I'm glad I have not yet voted. Although Holby-wolf is a dangerous foe, removing Gil is just as productive. When (not if, mind you) he is revealed as a wolf, my pronouncements against both you and he will be proven true, and you will then be lynched the next day we have. The village will win.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:09 PM   #147
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The village will have a chance to win when you are lynched today.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:17 PM   #148
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
The village will have a chance to win when you are lynched today.
I maintain that it is better to kill you, Holby, than I. As the rightful Seer, I see it as my duty to ensure this village's safety. You are only going against that by working in concert with fiends such as Saucepan Man and Gil-Galad.

Unlike you, I have already made my peace. I am ready to die, in the name of the village. As Seer I must do as those who came before me have done, sacrificing their lives to the Night stalked by wolves of malicious intent to ensure the village will live on.
Old 08-02-2007, 08:30 PM   #149
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dûm

Well, seeing as it is growing late, I must be off for the evening.

I intend to either vote Holby or Gil-Galad in the morning. This depends on where Kath and Mith's votes fall, of course.
Old 08-03-2007, 05:29 AM   #150
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dûm

Well, since the Day ends fairly soon, and that there have been no new posts since I retired, I feel I must vote now. I'd hate to miss the cut.

++Gil-Galad

It does not really matter which wolf we vote for, so long as we get them both. So I will side with taking down Gil today. Kath and Mith can lynch Holby tomorrow.
Old 08-03-2007, 05:58 AM   #151
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Well, I looked through the debate between Holby and CoD last night. CoD has the much calmer and logical argument usually born from the knowledge that your'e right, but Holby has the mildly desperate argument often seen in Gifted's who just aren't being listened to. However, I am swayed towards CoD being the true Seer because of something that Holby said, where she seemed to claim that she had not immediately been aware of CoD's revelation. She had obviously seen the mod post as she knew she was alive and CoD's post was the first one after it, which she must have seen as she skimmed down the page to hit 'reply'.

But whatever the case with those two, Gil is incredibly suspicious. I missed that bit about him wanting a double lynch last night. Now given the situation last night I think a wolvish Gil might just have tried that little trick, hoping the arguments between CoD and Holby would cover up just how suspicious his suggestion was.

So, here is my vote:

++GIL

I know this is taking it to a tie, but I can't with confidence vote CoD or Holby. Hopefully Mith will turn up soon to prevent us having a double lynch. I'm pretty much relying on that!
Old 08-03-2007, 06:22 AM   #152
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
something that Holby said, where she seemed to claim that she had not immediately been aware of CoD's revelation. She had obviously seen the mod post as she knew she was alive and CoD's post was the first one after it, which she must have seen as she skimmed down the page to hit 'reply'.
I came on expecting to leisurely read my death but saw I was alive. I panicked and immediately hit the post button to give my information.

Then went back and read what had been posted.

You're right, I am desperate-I plead to you Mith to vote Captain. I don't know about Gil but CoD is a wolf. please Severus.....I mean Mith....
Old 08-03-2007, 06:28 AM   #153
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
Gil throws suspicions on Holby at once, but am I right in thinking the Seer didn't have a dream first night, so even if he is the Seer this doesn't actually mean anything.
We have always been allowed to dream first night-it's a night, why wouldn't we. Only the wolve don't get a first night kill because the mods are killed .
Old 08-03-2007, 06:39 AM   #154
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

I am tempted to withold my vote becasue I sincerely think that both Gil and Captain are wolves and by doing so I will end this now. I did think they were the likeliest pairing before CofD's seer claim.

Captain's not hinting at Sauce at all does not wash. You don't hang on to that kind of information when you have no ranger, no hunter and have lost three ordos day 1. It would have been game over if we hadn't lynched him. If CofD had been a wolf kill there would have been no clue.

There is an interesting consensus between the two as to Kath and my innocence. Only BOTH of them could KNOW that if they were wolves.

Then there is Cof D's insistence we should lynch Holby first .... though gil is the definite wolf. Makes sense if they are both wolves - Holby lynched first ..game over ... Gil lynched - Cof D's credentials proved ..lynch holby next day Wolves still win...

Old 08-03-2007, 06:41 AM   #155
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

It has also been playing on my mind that the wolves have had a lot of time for thinking this game....
Anyone got a good argument why I should actually vote?

Old 08-03-2007, 06:49 AM   #156
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I think you should vote (obviously CoD).
If you let a double lynch happen and Gil is not a wolf wolves win anyway.

If they both are and you let them go then you will be the village hero, but I'm not sure if both are wolves they would let them bot get this tangled at a critical moment.
Old 08-03-2007, 06:52 AM   #157
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Whistles happily, watching the mayhem.
Nine minutes, kids.
Old 08-03-2007, 06:52 AM   #158
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Well my dear ... the problem is ..that I am sure Gil is a wolf, so it is a question of if I trust you or CofD. If I go with you which is my instinct .... then this is the best option..and I don't care about being a hero...just really believe this will get us a win..now.

Old 08-03-2007, 06:54 AM   #159
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

That is not fair Fea waving my drug of choice before my nose...... Mayhem is my natural state...

Old 08-03-2007, 06:55 AM   #160
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

True, and I wish I were as confident in Gil's guilt. But then you may be the third wolf and with Gil's death today along with Captain's then my death tonight, you would rise and kill Kath. But we shall see what comes.....