The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-28-2013, 02:53 PM   #481
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
Well, I am at work today and have limited time. Nothing Gil has posted so far today has started to allay my suspicions, so without further ado

++ Gil
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:08 PM   #482
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Oh. Right. I think Nerwen is acting shifty, which means she's innocent. I am rarely wrong about her (or rather, I'm always wrong, which means I'm always right, or something like that). I'll fight any attempt to lynch her toDay.

x'd with Lottie
This is a very brow raising comment. Are you strongly suggesting you know the role of another player? My "knowledge" was a hypothetical yours seems to be blatant to the point of "fighting any attempt"

Also you've been very consistently and to be frank predictably voting me why the sudden change to Gil? Was your wagoning of me getting nowhere so you jumped on the gil train?

The only thing you've been saying about him is he's suspicious from day one but why? The only solid thing I can find is a mention or his annoying martyrdom.

I don't like Lottie's behavior either but I think for today...

++Sally
Old 01-28-2013, 03:09 PM   #483
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
I'm at work myself and it's turned out busier than I'd thought.

Gil does seem a rather easy pick, but he really hasn't done anything to make himself look better in my eyes. He's been inconsistent with his statements toNight and falsely claimed I was one of the prime movers against him. If he is indeed evil, it could be a ploy to , as he himself said, "take me down with him".

Kath's vote is interesting, and I can sort of appreciate her reasoning there. What to make of it though isn't clear at the moment.

x/d with Morsul
Old 01-28-2013, 03:14 PM   #484
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark View Post
This is a very brow raising comment. Are you strongly suggesting you know the role of another player? My "knowledge" was a hypothetical yours seems to be blatant to the point of "fighting any attempt"
I've done this before, both as an innocent and as a wolf, and I know Sally does it, too, in both roles. I don't find it suspicious.

Quote:
Also you've been very consistently and to be frank predictably voting me why the sudden change to Gil? Was your wagoning of me getting nowhere so you jumped on the gil train?
Um, really? You're suspecting someone for a) having consistent suspicions and b) voting off of Seer evidence?

Quote:
I don't like Lottie's behavior either but I think for today...
Care to elaborate?
Old 01-28-2013, 03:21 PM   #485
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Well, I voted for him yesterNight, and I've seen nothing toNight that convinces me I was wrong.

++Gil
Old 01-28-2013, 03:26 PM   #486
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Well, I voted for him yesterNight, and I've seen nothing toNight that convinces me I was wrong.

++Gil
Wrong of what? That I am a wizard or that I am suspicious and uncertain?

I just feel glad that though I am an easy lynch, once everyone finds out that I am innocent, those that voted for me will be under the radar tomorrow.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:30 PM   #487
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
I've done this before, both as an innocent and as a wolf, and I know Sally does it, too, in both roles. I don't find it suspicious.

Um, really? You're suspecting someone for a) having consistent suspicions and b) voting off of Seer evidence?

Care to elaborate?
I did elaborate, she says Gil prbably wasn't dreamed then uses a possible dream for the basis of the vote.

As for consistency I feel she's been voting me practically every chance whether or not actually suspecting me, then when the wind starts blowing in Gils direction she goes with the winning(or losing) horse. If I'm her biggest worry (two out of three votes) why not vote me? The Gil vote feels ingenuine.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:32 PM   #488
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Finally back, and only hastily skimming some parts of the posts I can see Gil getting the votes.

Now that wonders me not because of him being the common denominator between Volo's and Brinn's suspicions (although I must say that if the wolves thought Volo the seer there had to be another wolf he suspected heavily as his suspicion on Gil is not that much on a "secure footing").

And from the little I have gathered, Gil hasn't been especially helpful either in his own posts to cast away those suspicions.

I must join Zil's caution about Gil being the easy vote toDay, but then again I don't quite like the way he just states that and then votes for him quite immediately... I mean, yeah, I'm not sure I can stand above that standard myself (mostly because I haven't had time to read toDay fairly, but anyway). Giving as a reason that he voted for him yesterDay as well...

Give me a hint where to look at as it seems I'm not going to be able to read all in this half an hour we have left. Any other serious candidates and why? Especially "the why" would interest me.

EDIT: X'd with Gil & Morsul
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:34 PM   #489
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Oh I missed the quote about you. I thought you meant elaborate on Sally

The biggest reason you, Lottie, worry me is the whole picking up on one maybe ill-worded hypathetical and running it straight the heck. What was bad about day two was both Oz and I were innocent which means we haven't been good at even suspecting wizards... I think though you started a good run on me and then Oz sort of dropped the nail on himself unfortunately.

Also Like I said about the Pom vote your vote position was the most likely to be wizardly.

x'ed Nog
Old 01-28-2013, 03:45 PM   #490
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I'm trying to find anything from the thread... Does anyone have a tally?

I mean is there a reason to try and check things, or is the voting clear already?
Old 01-28-2013, 03:45 PM   #491
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Alright, I don't really have time to respond to Morsul, so I'll just have to go ahead and vote...

++Gil

More than just the Seer hints, his posting toDay looks half like a wolf trying to a) incriminate Nerwen or b) make her look good. It's odd that the two options have completely opposite outcomes, but they are both possible. The other half of his posting is simply, "when I'm lynched innocent, please kill the wolves", which is completely useless to the village as a whole, since he's just saying the same thing over and over - exactly the sort of thing a doomed wolf would do. He's not giving away any of his packmates by posting all that, but a doomed wolf doesn't want to go out silent. Posting something relatively useless that might just happen to make him look innocent enough to maybe save him? That screams wolf to me.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:56 PM   #492
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil-Galad View Post
Not sure what else to say for my defense aside from avenge me in the likely case I get lynched. With Brinn putting Nog with myself on the suspicion list could show that she dreamed Nog and hasn't dreamed me yet.

Inz and Nog are definitely the two we need to look at.
So you were being there in the top of the suspicion-list is for no reason at all, but somehow the seer wished to keep you there with the dreamt of Wizard (aka. me then)? An interesting scenario indeed

Although - and in all due fairness - the seer rarely makes a categorization of people where s/he keeps people with different "known statuses" in the same lot just because s/he might be dead the next Day and we'd need to be able to read her/him. Although it is possible Brinn felt secure enough not to be killed the next Night and felt she could keep things not in order for posterity?

Rikae seems to have been cleared quite universally - and she seems to be quite productive toDay (having not read her posts through, sadly as yet). LEt me take a closer look at her toMorrow if none else will. I'd love her as our ally but would hate her surfing through the game just because we didn't lynch her when we had a chance...

Yes. I have no clear idea about her but that I suspected her a lot yesterDay and Volo's death seems odd if it wasn't her (and yes, it could have been a random-kill as well). But like I said, it would be great if she were a troll after all.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:59 PM   #493
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post

More than just the Seer hints, his posting toDay looks half like a wolf trying to a) incriminate Nerwen or b) make her look good. It's odd that the two options have completely opposite outcomes, but they are both possible. The other half of his posting is simply, "when I'm lynched innocent, please kill the wolves", which is completely useless to the village as a whole, since he's just saying the same thing over and over - exactly the sort of thing a doomed wolf would do. He's not giving away any of his packmates by posting all that, but a doomed wolf doesn't want to go out silent. Posting something relatively useless that might just happen to make him look innocent enough to maybe save him? That screams wolf to me.
Even though I posted numerous times that I have accepted my fate of being lynched. That whole paragraph is just weak reasoning to me being a wolf. Anyways, 2 minutes you shall find out.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:59 PM   #494
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I have no reason enough to vote differently after such a Day - as I do have my suspicions on Gil anyway.

And it seems there is no real difference I could make anyway - even if I had a strong view (well, I'd advocate it to be sure but well, never mind now...)

++ Gil-Galad

Let's have another Wizard...
Old 01-28-2013, 04:01 PM   #495
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
DEADLINE.

Gil is lynched. Narration coming soon, and this time I hope sooner than usually, so you don't have to wait long
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:31 PM   #496
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Day 4 morning

The next night started with Shaz waking up rather suddenly (to the great surprise of everyone) and announcing all that sleep made him hungry and that he was going to hunt, and also to look for missing Bane. Meanwhile, the other trolls were discussing poor Brin and trying to remember who she frowned at the most during the previous nights. After some deliberation, many seemed to recall she did not seem to be particularly fond of Gil. Knowing that she was clever, the conclusion was simple for the simple trolls.

"You're a wizzer, Gil," Cop announced the general consensus.
"I'm a wha'?" asked Gil, confused.
"A wizzer," said Nerve, stepping closer menacingly.
"A wizzer?" Gil's voice sounded even more disbelieving. "Bu' I'm jus' Gil!"
"Well, 'jus' Gil'," Sal interjected, "you're a wizzer."
"I'm a wha'?"
"A wizzer, Gil," said Rick.
"Bu' I'm not!" Gil protested. "I'm jus' Gil!"
"Well, 'jus' Gil', you're a wizzer!!!" Cab screamed and put his fist in Gil's eye. Gil staggered, but did not fall.
"I won't take that from you lot," he shouted and launched himself back at Cab, taking them both down to the floor and sweeping the legs from under Lad in the process.
"Help!" Cab yelled, but the other trolls did not need to be called to take part in such a thing. Soon Lot was in, and Nog, and others followed.

Then there was a gorgeous row. Soon, all the thirteen trolls were rolling on the floor, punching, kicking, biting and headbutting each other, and in the fury of the brawl many got bruises also from others than just from Gil. Needless to say, it took the remaining Wizards a lot of effort to stay out of harm's way and remain hidden at the same time under such circumstances, but fortunately the rest of the trolls were so furious that they likely would not have noticed even if a Wizards' disguise had faltered for a moment.

But Gil was alone, after all, and eventually, after much beating from the others, he remained lying on the floor, completely dead.

"Um, but shouldn't he turn back into a small wizzer?" asked Green as everyone else got back to their feet.
The trolls looked at each other, scratching their heads.
"Unless," said Mors, "he wasn't a wizzer?"

Kat looked longingly at the load of firewood prepared in the corner of the cave already since yesterday.

"That means we won't be havin' a wizzer for supper tonight, either," she said mournfully.

They had all completely forgotten about Shaz, who was still somewhere outside, wandering around the woods, following Bane's tracks, until the moment when the light came over the hills, and he turned to stone where he stood.

~*~

Dumb and Dead
Thinlómien, "Lom", dispatched by the Wizards as a threat on Night 1
Legate of Amon Lanc, "Leg", dispatched by the Wizards as a threat on Night 1
Pomegranate, "Pom", a Wizard, boiled and eaten on Day 1
Ozban, "Oz", an Ordinary Troll, crushed to death by a troll pyramid on Day 2
Volo, "Vol", Traitor Troll, magically opened up like a door on Night 3
Bane Mantra, "Bane", an Ordinary Troll, turned into stone while hunting (modfired) on Day 3
Boromir88, "Bore", Ordinary Troll, forgotten outside the cave and turned into stone on Day 3
Brinniel, "Brin", the Clever Troll, strangled to death with the assistance of magical studs on Night4
Gil-Galad, "Gil", an Ordinary Troll, beaten to death by his fellows on Day 4
Shastanis Althreduin, "Shaz", an Ordinary Troll, lost in search for Bane (modfired) on Day 4

Dumb and Walking
A Little Green, "Green"
Coppermirror, "Cop"
Inziladun, "Lad"
Kath, "Kat"
Loslote, "Lot"
McCaber, "Cab"
Morsul the Dark, "Mors"
Nerwen, "Nerve"
Nogrod, "Nog"
Rikae, "Rick"
satansaloser2005, "Sal"

~*~

Night 5 has started. Wizzers, make your plans. Insomniac and Purse-troll, send us your picks. Others, sleep well.
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:00 PM   #497
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Night falls, Day 5 starts

It was noon and very dark in the troll cave. Not a single ray of sunshine pierced the darkness that protected the diminished tribe of trolls. Seven trolls were in deep sleep, exhausted after the fight in the early hours of the morning. One troll that could never sleep just sat in the dark, wavering between waking life and sleep, between vigilance and drowsiness. There was nothing to see in the dark, and too much to hear. The noise - as you must remember by now - of the trolls' snoring would have scared a way the fiercest pack of wolves. Unfortunately for the poor trolls, what they were facing was a pack of wizards.

A troll rolled over in his sleep and bumped into another. His fellow gave him a good kick, and momentarily the first troll awoke. He opened his eyes in the picth dark, closed them again and fell back into his dreamless slumber. Another troll was dreaming of roast dwarves, while one was having nightmares of the dúnadan ranger that had given her such a wound in her leg that she still limped a little, however well she hid it. All was dark and as peaceful as it ever could be in a troll cave.

Then suddenly there was a whistling noise, barely audible over the trolls' snores. A light appeared, speeding upwards. Then BOOM! All the trolls were suddenly wide awake. Red and green flowers of light were raining on them from the ceiling, accompanied by loud booms and pops. The smell of gunpowder hung in the air. In the faint light of the fireworks, the trolls could for a few seconds see the shapes of other trolls, sitting or standing up, frozen in amazement or terror. Then there was a loud CRACK and a thunderous tumult that could only mean part of the cave had collapsed.

For several minutes, chaos reigned. There were shouts of "Blimey!" and "Lemme out of here!" and "It's day outside ye booby!" and many curses so vile that it would make you shudder if you heard them. After a while, the trolls figured out that whatever had happened wasn't happening anymore and went to sleep. They slept uneasily, however, red and green sparks flying around in their minds, never granting them the usual peace of sleep.

When evening finally came and the first trolls awoke, they found out one corner of the cave had collapsed. After much arguing, they decided to clear the rubble: after all, they did not remember if they hadn't stored any food or valuables in that particular spot. It took them a few hours to remove the stones, and they didn't find anything they would've missed - instead they found the battered and lifeless body of poor Green. Even the stupidest of the trolls was able to reach the conclusion that the wizards had killed again.

~*~

Dumb and Dead
Thinlómien, "Lom", dispatched by the Wizards as a threat on Night 1
Legate of Amon Lanc, "Leg", dispatched by the Wizards as a threat on Night 1
Pomegranate, "Pom", a Wizard, boiled and eaten on Day 1
Ozban, "Oz", an Ordinary Troll, crushed to death by a troll pyramid on Day 2
Volo, "Vol", Traitor Troll, magically opened up like a door on Night 3
Bane Mantra, "Bane", an Ordinary Troll, turned into stone while hunting (modfired) on Day 3
Boromir88, "Bore", Ordinary Troll, forgotten outside the cave and turned into stone on Day 3
Brinniel, "Brin", the Clever Troll, strangled to death with the assistance of magical studs on Night4
Gil-Galad, "Gil", an Ordinary Troll, beaten to death by his fellows on Day 4
Shastanis Althreduin, "Shaz", an Ordinary Troll, lost in search for Bane (modfired) on Day 4
A Little Green, "Green", an Ordinary Troll, blown up with fireworks on Night 5

Dumb and Walking
Coppermirror, "Cop"
Inziladun, "Lad"
Kath, "Kat"
Loslote, "Lot"
McCaber, "Cab"
Morsul the Dark, "Mors"
Nerwen, "Nerve"
Nogrod, "Nog"
Rikae, "Rick"
satansaloser2005, "Sal"

~*~

Day 5 has started. Wizards, stop PMing. Everybody, feel free to discuss whatever you want to on this thread.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:04 PM   #498
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Come on...
seriously?

Alright folks, let's hunker down get those last 3 wizards.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:10 PM   #499
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dűm

Coppermirror is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Terrible luck yesterDay.

I suggest that each of us does an analysis on at least two people, if possible. Maybe take the next two people down on the alphabetical list, or something like that. (So for me, that would be Inzil and Kath.) I'll be back later to work on that.
Coppermirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:14 PM   #500
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

One more bad lynch and it's over, I think. 10 players, 7:3 good to evil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppermirror View Post
I suggest that each of us does an analysis on at least two people, if possible. Maybe take the next two people down on the alphabetical list, or something like that. (So for me, that would be Inzil and Kath.) I'll be back later to work on that.
I guess that would give me Lottie and Cab then? I'll do my best to get at least one of them. We're expecting bad weather in my neck of the woods though, so no guarantees.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:53 PM   #501
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Lottie

First post: Banter, with a comment about Kath maybe calling out Ozban as a Wizard. Looks lighthearted on the surface, though I would not think it wise to draw attention to something like that, myself.

#2: Response to Rikae with more banter.

#3: Likes Greenie, Rikae, and Nog. Says of Pom "Pom feels like she's trying to be reasonable and agreeable while actually being nothing of the sort, which makes me raise my eyebrows a bit. I'd have to say she's my top suspect right now."

#4: Concludes Cab is more like an ordo than a wolf.

#5: Votes Pom (second vote) because she didn't agree with the bandwagons on Cop, Gil, and Cab.

#6: Casts a little suspicion on Nog because "He seems to be in favor of lynching Pom, but he's at the same time trying to push another candidate. As the situation sat, he'd just tied the two with Bane at least both around and still to vote. If he wanted to save a packmate without taking any ridiculous risks, that would be the way to go."

#7: Calls out Morsul for calling Cab "innocent", and for suspecting her for her Pom-vote.

#8: Responds to Nerwen's words about Nog possibly being the Traitor. Agrees it's possible.

#9: Votes Morsul, for the earlier suspicions she raised and because she thought Nog was more likely to be the Traitor.

#10: Reacts to Volo's death. Jokes that it must mean Boro's a Wizard.

#11: Makes a list of the Night 1 and Night 2 votes. Concludes Nerwen is suspicious.

#12: Argues with Nerwen about Rikae. Says the former looks like a Wizard "taking advantage of an easy kill."

#13: Still defending Rikae from Nerwen.

#14: Votes Nerwen for earlier suspicions, and apparently to save Rikae.

#15: Doesn't like Boro's vote for Greenie (which he'd done for Greenie's unexplained suspicion of him.

#16: Says Nerwen is still suspicious, but now so is Gil.

#17: Doesn't think Gil and Nerwen are both evil.

#18: Questions Morsul for suspecting her for thinking Gil suspicious.

#19: Votes Gil, saying he "looks half like a wolf trying to a) incriminate Nerwen or b) make her look good."

And that's it thus far. Conclusions to follow.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:35 PM   #502
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppermirror View Post
Terrible luck yesterDay.

So that would be Morsul and Nog for me? I'll see what I can do, but the trouble is I'm very pressed for time toDay.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:40 PM   #503
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
Except I haven't 'poked' at him any more than anyone else has. He just suddenly started screaming that I was persecuting him- why me rather than others I don't know. See for yourself: the "Nerwen-Gil" drama is of Gil's making, not mine.
Fair enough. In this case, it is mostly Gil. Option 2 is probably much less likely than Option 4, though I still don't think a wolf!Gil and an innocent![/b]Nerwen[/b] would be acting like this.
Zil, at your #17 there, I'm pretty sure she's saying she thinks we are both wolves.

I'll just check what the "options" were.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:51 PM   #504
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Yes. Option #2 is I'm a wolf and Gil's innocent. Option#4 is we're both wolves.

So I'm a wolf regardless, apparently. This looks a bit too much like a two-for-one deal for my taste.

Although, I can't blame anyone else for thinking Gil was trying a wolf-on-wolf attack on me. It looked just like one.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:06 PM   #505
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Yes. Option #2 is I'm a wolf and Gil's innocent. Option#4 is we're both wolves.
Hm. This is the line: "though I still don't think a wolf!Gil and an innocent!/Nerwen would be acting like this."

I read that as saying you both could be either/or. Maybe Lottie herself can explain for certain.

Quote:
Although, I can't blame anyone else for thinking Gil was trying a wolf-on-wolf attack on me. It looked just like one.
Gil was switching targets very rapidly and looking squirrelly, which was really the icing on the cake that got me voting for him.

Last edited by Inziladun; 01-29-2013 at 06:19 PM. Reason: typo correction
Inziladun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:31 PM   #506
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Hm. This is the line: "though I still don't think a wolf!Gil and an innocent!/Nerwen would be acting like this."

I read that as saying you both could be either/or. Maybe Lottie herself can explain for certain.
I meant, I don't think this behavior is likely if Gil is a wolf and Nerwen is an innocent. Considering I was pretty sure (wrongly, as it happens) that Gil was a wolf, I didn't think it likely that Nerwen could be innocent. Since it turns out Gil is not a wolf, my suspicions on Nerwen are starting to seem less likely.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:48 PM   #507
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I'm surprised I'm not dead. That's actually why I didn't even look until now.

Anyway, I can't believe Brinn posted like that and didn't dream Gil. I suppose there might have been some wishful thinking involved on our parts, though; this means she most likely didn't dream any wolves or leave any clear hints about the innocents she dreamed (except me, but I guess the wolves are counting on people doubting that now; or perhaps I'm enough on the wrong track that they think I'll be helpful in leading people astray?)

Be back later. I don't know what to think now, so it's really back to the drawing board.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:48 PM   #508
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Conclusion On Lottie

Overall I'm not inclined to think Lottie evil. Her suspicions and votes have been seemingly consistent, and she's coming across as an innocent Lottie. It's also very unlikely she'd be packmates with either Morsul or Nerwen.

x/d with Rikae
Old 01-29-2013, 07:43 PM   #509
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

No one's mentioned the Wizards' kill choice yesterDay, I don't think.

Greenie wasn't around last Night due to connection issues. I'll try to take a look back and see if there's anything she'd said earlier that might shed any light.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:02 PM   #510
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

I don't see anything in Greenie's previous Night posts that strikes me. She's really back-and-forth on her suspicions though.

It turns out she did make one post the last Night, but there doesn't seem to be much to it.

She responds to Cop questioning her about why she wouldn't elaborate on her suspicions on Boro the Night he was lynched. He answer was that she thought Cop might be the Clever Troll who had dreamed him. She then said that Brinn being the Clever Troll put Rikae in the clear and thought it unlikely Gil, and especially Nog, were dreamed by Brinn.

She ended by questioning Nerwen's positing that Brinn may have hinted that she was going to dream Nog.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:51 PM   #511
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
One more bad lynch and it's over, I think. 10 players, 7:3 good to evil.
Do't we have this one and one more if the ranger doesn't get any more saves? Last I played it was when villagers = wolves that we lost. Of course, I've been gone for a while so I might be misremembering.

Anyway, I've got to look at Morsul and Nerwen? I can do that, I think.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:52 PM   #512
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ok, I have to work in the morning and won't be around before deadline so I have pretty much the next hour and maybe an hour in the morning.

I'm probably not going to vote today because it would be a fairly hasty decision and based on the same evidence I had yesterday.

I will say this though unless we're blessed with a clever/lucky purseholder we have toNight and the next to get the lynch right otherwise we lose.

Did I not warn of that scenario yesterday Gil and Morsul easy lynches suddenly the villageis one lynch away from a loss and with three wizards that'd be pretty easy to arrange one wrong vote they bandwagon and poof the end.

If you can tell I'm not exactly sunshiney and happy today I'll do what I can to help But honestly my list in no particular order of suspiciousness.

Lottie
Sally
Nerwen or Nog

Edit: x'ed with McCab yeah I meant ranger but the purseholder is still in play so there's that...

Last edited by Morsul the Dark; 01-29-2013 at 08:56 PM.
Morsul the Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:54 PM   #513
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
So that would be Morsul and Nog for me? I'll see what I can do, but the trouble is I'm very pressed for time toDay.
Actually Nog and Rikae.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:08 PM   #514
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Did I not warn of that scenario yesterday Gil and Morsul easy lynches suddenly the villageis one lynch away from a loss and with three wizards that'd be pretty easy to arrange one wrong vote they bandwagon and poof the end.
The trouble is, though some people might have been ready to lynch Gil on the supposition he had been dreamed, what really did for him was the way he acted yesterDay. I don't think I've ever seen an innocent act that much like a flailing wolf.

And that's the trouble. Wolfish votes for him are going to be hard to pick- I mean they probably won't look opportunistic or unreasoned.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:26 PM   #515
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCaber View Post
Do't we have this one and one more if the ranger doesn't get any more saves? Last I played it was when villagers = wolves that we lost. Of course, I've been gone for a while so I might be misremembering.
Wouldn't an innocent lynch toNight make it 6:3?

Quote:
I'm probably not going to vote today because it would be a fairly hasty decision and based on the same evidence I had yesterday.
You're not going to vote? Or maybe you mean "today" as in RL day.

Quote:
I will say this though unless we're blessed with a clever/lucky purseholder we have toNight and the next to get the lynch right otherwise we lose.
Quote:
Aren't you making contradictory conclusions there?
Old 01-29-2013, 09:30 PM   #516
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I mean RL Between now and DL I havea total of maybe two hours tops.

How are the contradicting they both amount to we might only have two lynches left before we lose...

edit: this is in response to Zil if not clear
Old 01-29-2013, 09:32 PM   #517
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
The trouble is, though some people might have been ready to lynch Gil on the supposition he had been dreamed, what really did for him was the way he acted yesterDay. I don't think I've ever seen an innocent act that much like a flailing wolf.

And that's the trouble. Wolfish votes for him are going to be hard to pick- I mean they probably won't look opportunistic or unreasoned.
Except the one who said nothing except he's a bit suspicious and voted for him when the wind changed. That vote looked pretty opportunistic to me.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:47 PM   #518
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Wouldn't an innocent lynch toNight make it 6:3?
Yes, and unless I'm greatly mistaken it would need to be 3 villagers to 3 wolves for us to lose, as opposed to the 6 villagers to 3 wolves we'd have if we missed our lynch today.

Can I please get an official clarification on this?
Old 01-29-2013, 09:50 PM   #519
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
I mean RL Between now and DL I havea total of maybe two hours tops.

How are the contradicting they both amount to we might only have two lynches left before we lose...

edit: this is in response to Zil if not clear
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCaber View Post
Yes, and unless I'm greatly mistaken it would need to be 3 villagers to 3 wolves for us to lose, as opposed to the 6 villagers to 3 wolves we'd have if we missed our lynch today.

Can I please get an official clarification on this?
Man, this incoming weather and tiredness are getting to me. It's obviously time for bed.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:53 PM   #520
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Tomorrow is looking to be pretty hectic, but I'll get in here when I can. Hopefully with a less distracted mind.