The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-13-2003, 05:27 PM   #41
harlindon
Animated Skeleton

harlindon has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

HEHEHEHHEHEHEHEHEHE. Sorry you people but i did that stuff once. My friend and i went to a showing of TTT righr after school so ther was like hardly anyone there( we wouldn't have been rude like that wit h a crowd) Well we had all seen it befor and we sat away from he peopel there so we were all making up voices and likes for then to day and stuff. It was soo much fun. and we booed at stuff they left out, but we didn't bother they other people. lol it was fun though, and funny. But what happened to some of you thats not fair some peopel are just inconsiderate. I mean you pay money to go see a movie and all that they can do is be rude. At least when i did it there wer only like 5 other people who had all seen the movie already. weel tahts it see ya all later!!!!!
Old 03-14-2003, 04:14 AM   #42
Lady_Báin
Wight

Lady_Báin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Oh my hobbit_feet that is truly disturbibg, i hate wierd scary people the talk to you well your watching the movie!! i hate it !
Old 03-15-2003, 04:57 PM   #43
elven maiden Earwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

elven maiden Earwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to elven maiden Earwen
Sting

o i remember somethingt. the day TTT cvame out me my family and my friends skipped school to go see it. At the end when the actors names came up when Orlando Blooms came up these ttwo teenage greens started screming and saying how hot he is. luckly thast was after the movie.
elven maiden Earwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2003, 03:44 AM   #44
Daisy Brambleburr
Shade of Carn Dûm

Daisy Brambleburr has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

The most annoying thing that happned to me was agreeing to bring my younger brother along to TTT.<BR> The cinema was not that full, because it had been out for a few months, and I was (literally) on the edge of my seat in excitement.<BR> My brother has only seen about half an hour of FOTR, because he WALKED OUT of the cinema, and he hasn't actually read the books, so why he wanted to come (and why I agreed to take him) I'll never know. He didn't have a clue what was going on, and ever few minutes he was asking me 'who's that?', 'why are they doing that?', 'I thought he was dead!' and 'where are they now?' <BR>I was grinding my teeth angrily, because I was really looking forward to the movie. In the end I growled 'If you don't shut up I'll make you', and gave him the rest of my popcorn to keep him quiet. Needless to say, it worked, and I had a very enjoyable movie experience!
Old 03-16-2003, 07:15 AM   #45
Arwen_Evenstar
Wight

Arwen_Evenstar has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

SOLUTION(and I was very tempted to do this):<BR>Before the movie starts shout out real loud:<BR>'If any words are uttered unescissarily within the next 3 hours, that person will be forever haunted, until the end of their days when they are pursued by hounds of Morgoth to the very brink of the void and with a snap at the heels they will fall and be done!!!!' Or you can just say: SHUTUP YOU *****BEEP*****!!!!!
Old 03-16-2003, 01:47 PM   #46
Catherine
Shade of Carn Dûm

Catherine has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Yea, my story isnt nearly as funny as most of yours. I was at TTT and the little girl behind me was so annoying. You no the part where gollom comes with the bunnies, she was like screaming aawwww their sooo cute, how could they eat them! And throught the whole movie she kept making comments, whats that? who's that? whats happening? what are they doing? why? This movie is long! I though I was going to turn around and just start screaming at her!
I don't think I should have had the heart to leave it."
~Merry to Haldir in Lothlórien~
Catherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2003, 02:49 PM   #47
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

i was at the cinema today. we thought we were alone, then the movie started and a woman with 6 v. loud kids walked in and didnt shut up for the whole movie. we kept on turning round and yelling "shut up". we had a go at the woman afterwards, and she called us shallow for complaining about her brats
Old 04-25-2003, 04:53 PM   #48
Shy Hobbit
Wight

Shy Hobbit has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

A friend of mine wants me to post this for her. She's my very first LOTR convert I'm talking, went from total skeptic to total freak, like me Anywho, here's her story!<P>I was watchin' TTT I had come in like 5 minutes late, so I sat in the very back. Then this guy and his kid or whatever comes in.....the theater is DEAD, because it's a dollar theater and there were so many seats available. So anyway, I'm all sprawled out with my feet in another chair when the fatty comes in and is talkin' to his kid. Sits him down one seat up and to my left. All the while his fat butt is in my face so I can't see the movie. I'm really patient. Then he walks right in front of me and SITS on my legs that were in the chair! I'm so mad I can't say anything, so I pull my feet quickly and get up and move to another seat in the back middle row of the theater, then not two minutes later, Fatty and his crew decide they can't see, so they move to the very front of the theater. So i moved back to my spot. GRRRRR.

~The Fellowship of the King~
Shy Hobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 02:57 AM   #49
Noxomanus
Wight

Noxomanus has just left Hobbiton.
White-Hand

I didn't really experience such things but I wonder.............is everyone else in this forum female???
Old 08-12-2003, 01:08 PM   #50
Gimli stonesheild
Pile O'Bones

Gimli stonesheild has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

Here is my experience in my town their are not many lord of the rings fans, most of them go just to make fun of us who are really into it. Here is what happened to me. The owner of the theater who is a huge fan on the opening night made it s only true fans could enter the movie. This is how he did it, he made each of us take this quiz of five questions here they are<BR>1) What do the initials for J.R.R. Tolkien stand for? <BR>2) How many rings of power are there?<BR>3) What does Gandalf become after his fight with the Bolrog?<BR>4) Who are the members of the fellowship and their race?<BR>5) What awaits the Fellowship in the halls of Moria?<BR>In addition, you know what only about 20 people got in on the opining night and the owner gave us all free cupons to see the Two Towers
Old 08-15-2003, 05:51 PM   #51
Lily

Lily has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Lily
Shield

Ok now when I go to a movie I'm the one behind you making comments or fun at the movie. But don't worry me and my *cough* pardner are not high pitched girls, loud talking idiots, or anything like that. No what we do it make comments quietly. So not to disturb you! But anyway! <P>Oh! I got a story. Now me and my family we were at one of my Aunt's and Uncle's houses (can't remember which one) and we were having some party or something. And it was getting a little late and people were staring to leave. When one of my (more grown up you could say) cousins said. 'We're (we're meaning him and a few other cousins of mine) going to see FOTR well be back tonight' and my aunt said 'Why don't we all go'. And it began! We took up two rows in the theater (not everyone could come). My family got there first we were jumping around trying to save seats! It was great though! We had a lot of fun! We do that quite a bit actually. Not take up two rows, but maybe a half a row. Anyway anyway!<P>Ok here's a story (it's short don't worry!) that's more...um....angryish. I don't remember who but someone went to see LOTR. And at the end of the movie a guy stood up and showed "WHAT THAT HECK WAS THAT? I WANT MY MONEY BACK!" I would have hated to be there!<P>Another one was after the movie FOTR a girl said "I wonder if they're going to make a sequel?" I don't know they might? Of course they're going to make a sequel!!!! Geez! Anyway I'm done.
Lily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2003, 10:46 AM   #52
Enorëiel
Wight

Enorëiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Ok, so I don't really have a HUGE story or any thing but, the last time I went to see TTT there were tons of people that were coming in during the middle of the movie! The people that made me the most angry were these people that came in in the last 45 minutes! They came in (loudly) then while making a huge fuss, sat down right in front of my friend in me!!! Grrrrr! People! I swear, during that showing there were about three different sets of people that sat in front of me! They would get up and leave and new people would come in and sit down in front of me! Like I said, it's not a big story but still... it made me mad!!!

Whoever said "Nothing is impossible" never tried to slam a revolving door.
Enorëiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2003, 10:49 AM   #53
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>SOLUTION(and I was very tempted to do this):<BR>Before the movie starts shout out real loud:<BR>'If any words are uttered unescissarily within the next 3 hours, that person will be forever haunted, until the end of their days when they are pursued by hounds of Morgoth to the very brink of the void and with a snap at the heels they will fall and be done!!!! Or you can just say: SHUTUP YOU *****BEEP*****!!!!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> That Arwen_Eveningstar, is a perfect example of blown-off steam! <BR> P.S. Feel better now?
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2003, 04:02 PM   #54
peonydeepdelver
Shade of Carn Dûm

peonydeepdelver has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to peonydeepdelver
Shield

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> About a year ago I was seeing FotR for the billionth time when all of a sudden this like, thirty year old lady walks in halfway throught the movie. She's sorta sit's there for a minute, then she prods me on the back. "Who's that?" she asks ignorantly, to my reply of, "Frodo." Then again. "Who's that?" "Pippin" "Who's that?" "Aragorn" "Who's that?" "Arwen." <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Wow, I bet it was my mom.
"Nazgul, Nazgul! You speak of what is deep beyond the reach of your muddy dreams, Ugluk! Nazgul! Ah! All that they make out! One day you'll wish that you had not said that. Ape! You ought to know that they're the apple of the Great Eye." ~Grishnakh
peonydeepdelver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 08:13 PM   #55
Gloruviel

Ring

when i saw ttt this guy right in the middle of the movie started talking on his cell phone. it was so annoying. also when i saw pirates this little kid said i wanna go home about five times really loud b4 his mom said even louder we rnt leaving. they ended up leaving.
Old 08-27-2003, 08:22 PM   #56
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Ah yes, the kid seems to win every time.
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2003, 12:50 PM   #57
Enorëiel
Wight

Enorëiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Ok, I have some more steam to blow off here. This didn't happen in a theater but in the comfort of my own home. A couple days ago i finally got my mom to watch TTT. We had to take a break right before the last hour because my dad had wanted me to go somewhere with him. When we came back My mom and me went back to watching the movie, only this time my dad decided to join in. Now, my dad has never seen any of the LotR movies (he refuses to ) but he has seen me watching them and has a bad habit of seeing scenes that you will not understand unless you have watched all or most of the movie. Anyway... back to my story. All through the last hour of the movie it was "Who's that?" "Is that the same battle?" "He doesn't look happy." "What are those?" "How did that happen?" "I thought he was a good guy?" The whole time i had to keep explaining to him what was going on. Then when Sam's speech came on I turned to my mom and went "This is really good, it's one of my favorite parts." And even after hearing that what does my dad do all through the speech? "I thought he was dead" "What are those?" "Who's that" "Is that the bad guy?" "Look there's one of the towers, where's the other one?" (Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr)After the movie was over he said "So now you have to wait for the 3rd one to come out? Isn't it called Return of the King?" "Yes dad, it comes out in December." "So who's the king?" "Aragorn." "Who?" So I go back to the next to last scene to show him who Aragorn is. "So he's the king?" He asks. "Yeah" "He doesn't look like the king." Then i go in to an explanation of who Aragorn is and what his past was (so on and so forth) and how he was the heir to the throne, it wasn't that long of an explanation, i left it plan and simple. My dad turns to my mom and goes "Did you catch any of that?" My mom, whom i think was a bit annoyed said "Yes, i caught all of it." He asked and he doesn't even want to hear the answer! He then goes on to say that he still has no desire to see any of the movies. Goal in life: Force Dad to watch LotR. <P>Sorry, i just had to share this - I was so Annoyed!!!!

Whoever said "Nothing is impossible" never tried to slam a revolving door.
Enorëiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2003, 01:21 PM   #58
Elentári
Wight

Elentári has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Ahh, now that does sound like a pain in the arse...my family on my dad's side were all eager for me to watch it, and my mum was willing too...I've just converted my brother, so we're all happy families on that front!<BR>Well when I finally wanted to watch FotR, it was late February...the first cinema we went to I couldn't see it (and it was mid afternoon!!!!) because it was FULL!!!!!! In February!!! So I had to go to a cinema in another town...but I got to see it, at least <BR>When it came round to TTT, I saw it at about 3pm, having legged it straight from school (we finish at 2:45pm on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays). It was full! Completely packed! We had to sit right at the front and crane our necks to see it! (At that particular cinema you come in from the bottom and the top fills up first...but on the other hand all the Warner Brothers I've been to - ie 2- have been like that). And anyway I was soo annoyed at all the changes...........grrrrrrrr. But I was thinking, aren't all you people meant to be at work??!!! Til at least 5pm??? Oh well, it was a good atmosphere!<BR>One of the next couple of times there were these really youg kids watching it...and yes it was 'awww those bunnis are so sweet' etc...grr...but apart from that, it looks like I've had it easy!
Old 09-03-2003, 03:59 PM   #59
Elwen_starmaiden
Animated Skeleton

Elwen_starmaiden has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Elwen_starmaiden
Silmaril

Well, I went to see TTT for the third time and this silly woman down my row kept cheering on the first appearance of every character! Including Shadowfax!! Sure he's a cool horse and all but seriously! I also watched POTC (yes I like OB but I'm not obsessed)and there was an OB fan club there Every funny part was 10x funnier to those girls! I wanted to slap them up the head so badly. I also saw the Hulk and this dumb couple brought their baby, possibly 5 months old! Need more babysitters in this world!
Old 09-03-2003, 05:14 PM   #60
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

HCIsland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I also saw the Hulk and this dumb couple brought their baby, possibly 5 months old! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Wierd, the same thing happened when I watched Hulk. I assume you weren't in the same theatre Elwen. <P>This one really bugs me. I'm a parent with two boys. I love movies and I never did this. My kids are now old enough that we go to movies together, but before it would mean a sitter or (far more commonly) waiting for it to come on video.<P>H.C.
Old 09-03-2003, 05:30 PM   #61
Ainaserkewen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ainaserkewen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ainaserkewen
Sting

I think all this legolas fun is deliberate, to try to get teenaged girls into the theater to see him, or Elijah, middle-aged women too, and my dad because he has a thing for poity eared females(the trekie)<BR>It's all propaganda and I think it's funny. And fun...<P>My 12 year old sister's best friend came to my house the day ttt came out to watch it. Neither of them had read the books and I knew that my sister has a thing for Viggo and her friend for Orlando. I got to play the part of the stuck up older sister who laughes bitterly when leggie comes out and they both stretch their arms out as if to smother him. They took me in as their LOTR goddess so they could get all the information on Leggie that they could, I don't mind being a no-it-all with kids like that.
chicken again tomorrow? Why am I
always eating chicken?
Ainaserkewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 07:29 PM   #62
Evisse the Blue
Brightness of a Blade

Evisse the Blue has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Evisse the Blue Send a message via Yahoo to Evisse the Blue Send a message via Skype™ to Evisse the Blue
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> The owner of the theater who is a huge fan on the opening night made it s only true fans could enter the movie. This is how he did it, he made each of us take this quiz of five questions here they are<BR>1) What do the initials for J.R.R. Tolkien stand for? <BR>2) How many rings of power are there?<BR>3) What does Gandalf become after his fight with the Bolrog?<BR>4) Who are the members of the fellowship and their race?<BR>5) What awaits the Fellowship in the halls of Moria?<BR>In addition, you know what only about 20 people got in on the opining night and the owner gave us all free cupons to see the Two Towers <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Wow! How cool is that! I wish have watched TTT cinema-style with such selected company! <P>As for my TTT experience, well I have to say that there are some people who go to this movie just because they heard it did well at the box office so far and needless to say they don't know **** about Tolkien and if by any chance they saw the first one, it was way back and memory has failed them since. Hence the dumb comments shouted so as the whole room will hear. Oh, yeah, and cell phones. And small talks like "oh, I heard a great joke today, it goes like this" - right in the middle a scene others happen to find very interesting. <BR>Really...I shudder to think what's gonna be when ROTK comes out.
Old 09-04-2003, 10:19 AM   #63
The_Hand
Haunting Spirit

The_Hand has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Okey... I must confess. I can't take it anymore!! After reading about everyones ttt experience I have to say that me and my friends are one of those who can't stop taking. BUT before everyone hate me I would like to say this:<BR>I NEVER talked once during lotr!! And if someone just has to ask me a question I use speacial signs (made em myself). <BR>I do try to keep it down... quite often, but it's not easy! I can't explain the need to comment on everything and everyone.<BR>My sisters worse so there. <BR>I will always try to better myself and I shall never make a sound when I watch rotk! I promise. And don't worry about hearing me next time you go to the movies because I probaly don't live near you (well you can only hope )<P>Okey I to have a story, but not huge and this is from our (the movie talkers side): Me, my sister and my bestfirend went to se a horror movie (me and my sister had seen it before) and she (me friend) wanted me to tell her when the real scary bits were coming (she really gets scared) and so we of course (so as to keep her from running out screaming) had to tell her. My sister added a few scary parts because it was real funny watching her cover her eyes for no reason. And suddenly a women from behind us start making hushing noises. Well we stop... for a while. Then a scary bit comes and my friend start screaming. And the woman starts telling stuff like "stop it or go home" and stuff really loud and I mean come on! It's a horror movie! We have to scream a little bit... okey not very convincing... I'll just try to be more quiet!
The_Hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 11:29 AM   #64
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

Sting

I get incredibly annoyed with disruptive people in theaters. To me it's just incredibly rude. Mr. Hand, obviously a certain level of screaming is to be expected in a horror movie, so I'm not talking about you, but ...<P>1. talking<BR>2. cell phones (is it that hard to turn them off?)<BR>3. infants<BR>4. twerps with laser pens<BR>5. anything else that disrupts other people's enjoyment of the movie ...<P>is selfish and childish behaviour. This is true for LotR or anything else.<P>H.C.
Old 09-04-2003, 11:43 AM   #65
Faramir Fan
Haunting Spirit

Faramir Fan has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Not to mention when your kid nudges you during the Battle of Helm's Deep and announces that he has to go pee...
"A new character has come on the scene (I am sure I did not invent him, I did not even want him, though I like him, but there he came walking into the woods of Ithilien): Faramir, the brother of Boromir..." J.R.R. Tolkien, Letters No. 66
Faramir Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 11:51 AM   #66
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

Sting

What do you think the empty Coke cup is for? <P>H.C.
Old 09-04-2003, 01:22 PM   #67
The_Hand
Haunting Spirit

The_Hand has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Hi. Well I've just been to movies as in since my last post. and I actually had someone else disturb me (which isn't to often because I'm the one that is normally doing it). We were watching a norwegian comedy (very funny!!) and a woman with like four kids were making a lot of noise. They couldn't sit still! They were always coming up to their mummy and talking. I mean if your kids can't sit still then don't take them to the movies!!! How annoying!! This really makes me think about being more quiet when I am at the movies... but I don't think that's likely to happen anytime soon.<P>ps: It's just plain Hand (or Hånda) and drop the Mr... I'm a woman! Thanks.
The_Hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 01:36 PM   #68
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> and drop the Mr... I'm a woman! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Oops. Sorry. <P>H.C.