The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2006, 02:19 PM   #121
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
That's it. From now on I use small words! Nowt more than one syl lab bull.
Old 01-10-2006, 02:20 PM   #122
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

I want to say that I'm finding some of Garin's behavior to be a little furry. He's just almost a little bit too eager but then attempts to diffuse speculation on him for this point.

Unless something really strange happens in the next little bit, I'm probably going to cast my vote for him (even though it probably won't amount to much more than a protest vote.)

DAY ONEs
Old 01-10-2006, 02:24 PM   #123
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Eye

Sorry, Kath. I guess we're all getting kind of paranoid here.
Old 01-10-2006, 02:31 PM   #124
Garin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Garin has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Posted by Kuruharan:
Quote:
He's just almost a little bit too eager but then attempts to diffuse speculation on him for this point.
Please elaborate, I'm not sure what you mean. I really need to get to work so I promise, I must, be silent for the next hour.

I am a sick man ... I am a spiteful man. I am an unpleasant man. I think my liver is diseased.

Fyodor Dostoevsky "Notes From the Underground"
Garin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 02:33 PM   #125
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Well..I'm a little confused about the Nilp situation I don't understand why he would want to kill himself!(well lynched I guess..)And why is tgwbs defending him so dilligently? Is this some friendship from other games or are they partners in crime?

As for Garin..He is a little too chatty, if you get me ,Always having to defend yourself is also a little suspisious.

As for Eluchil I thought you were a mild-Mannered Inn keeper? But you seem quick to disclaim finger pointers!What is everyone supposed to do, with horrid Werewolves lurking about!(Disperses some free booze,with a smile!) I hope Werewolves can't hold their liquor!

(Should we post an hour before the deadline who we want killed?Or do we have till that final hour?)
Old 01-10-2006, 02:40 PM   #126
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

Heh heh, we do in fact have until that final hour. Unless something happens in the next twenty minutes, however, I'll vote for Lhuna an hour early.
Old 01-10-2006, 02:59 PM   #127
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
There is a lot of you who really pussles me, but I dont have anything specific to point out. I guess It will have to wait until the day 2 and by that time I shal hopefully be a great deal wiser.

Now on to the voting, I have decidet that of the three I find Gil-Galad slightly more suspicious than the other two.

++Gil-Galad

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 03:03 PM   #128
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
Behold! I return, at the turn of the tide!

Well, mainly to turn the tide, actually.

Now, I was going to focus my attack on either Kuru, Garin or Menel, the other candidates already named, so that they could be killed to save Nilp, even though I suspect none of them.

Fortunately, Rune's vote allowed me to choose more wisely:

++Gil-Galad

The only experienced Werewolver, other than Lhuna, to vote for Nilp.
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 03:06 PM   #129
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

Creepy guy stuff aside for now, I was torn between Gil-Galad and Lhunardawen and I was going to vote for Lhuna; however, we have more of a chance of not killing off Nilp if we vote consistently for Gil-Galad. I know this will seem like bandwagoning, and to some extent it is, but as voting for Lhuna probably won't accomplish anything and she's probably going to articulate her thoughts better than Gil (no offense intended, Gil-Galad), I'm going to vote for

++Gil-Galad
Old 01-10-2006, 03:10 PM   #130
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Cailín has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
I'm not accusing you (TGWBS) of anything,but it seems to me like you are trying to keep us away from something you may know...hmmm like a wolf maybe.
Well, that would seem like an enormously stupid thing to do. Though nothing is impossible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
I said earlier that no one seemed to be screaming 'I'm a wolf' (nice pick up there Cailin but even I'm not that stupid),
Huhm, well, you never know. Imagine how stupid I'd feel if you turn out to be a wolf and I had not picked up on this.

Quote:
So Cailin, any other reasons for suspecting the girl? Or was it a first day random accusation?
Pretty much, yes. I have not much to go on, actually, just as much as all other innocents and may therefore seem rather judgmental. Though I do believe that Nilp is just being himself and I would have preferred to have kept him around for a few more days, he might as well be guilty and I could accept Lhuna’s vote as mere irritation. However, I have a rather high regard for our Potion Pizza Maker and would have thought her vote to be a little more… helpful.

Quote:
In fact Cailin has come to my attention a few times while reading through this thread. Very quick to accuse but is hanging back on a vote.
Simply because I have not yet seen real suspicious behaviour and I do not wish to jump on the first bandwagon that happens to roll by. Accusing people and pointing fingers is one of my major character flaws, but you must know my childhood was very traumatic.

A Not Very Helpful Review:

Meneltarmacil – Creepy, spiteful, mean and sneaky. Not much difference from before, in short. He is flying below my radar for the moment.
Cailin – Lovely, innocent, as ever.
Azaelia – Was quick to vote with little reasoning, but has not given me any cause to suspect her as of yet. Besides, reasoning is not really something you can do with no evidence at all.
Farael – Strangely enough defended me. Seems to agree with me about the Nilp issue. Voted for Eluchil, which I can sympathize with. Never trust good mannered people.
TGWBS – Well, his posts seem to be as short as himself. Seems to be queerly fond of Nilp.
Garin – One of the most discussed villagers, I think. I’m willing to give him another Day. I mistrust him, though.
Kath – Has all the appearance of an innocent. Of course, appearances deceive. And did I mention she was smelly?
Rune – He makes the most sense to me, as of now, as long as he does not mention Hobbits. I am inclined to believe him innocent.
Valier – Complains about silent people, but contributes little all the same.
Gil-Galad – What can I say about Gil? Do I suspect him? Well, of course.
Alcarillo – Has said little, voted with no reasoning and mysteriously vanished from the scene. I cannot say too much about him.
Lhunardawen – I expressed some sentiments above, but feel like it is of little use to vote for her.
Gurthang – The only one who has had a clever plan so far. Though who knows if he would have proposed it if he did not think the Seer would figure it out himself.
Amanaduial – I have no suspicions of Amanaduial as of yet.
Naria – Seems to be strongly opposed to liquor which makes me suspicious enough.
Nilpaurion Felagund – Pretty much all has been said.
Kuruharan – Seems his regular self. Nasty, dirty profiteer, but wolvish?
Eluchil – Hmm… I have my doubts about this one.
Malkatoj – Has not said much and jumped on the Nilp-wagon. I cannot quite get a grasp on her yet.

Two more votes while I was typing. Seems like Gil is also heading in a possibly dark direction. I rather lose him than Nilp now (apologies, Gil!), so my vote will probably be for him as well. Also, tie breakers are always interesting.

Edit: despite good intentions, cross posted with Meneltarmacil.
Cailín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 03:10 PM   #131
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

My last post was a cross-post with the guy who be short. I was not trying to cast a third vote, just posting a second one. Please take that under consideration.
Old 01-10-2006, 03:29 PM   #132
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Gurthang has just left Hobbiton.
Voting:

Menel - 1 (Amanduial)
Garin - 1 (Alcarillo)
Nilp - 5 (Nilp, Lhuna, Gil, malkatoj, Naria)
Eluchil - 1 (Farael)
Gil-Galad - 3 (Rune, TGWBS, Menel)
Old 01-10-2006, 03:33 PM   #133
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

HHHmmmm this one is hard I really don't have anything to base this on. But I don't want to jump on any bandwagons but that is all there seems to be...So I will go with the smallest bandwagon for I also agree with Farael on this one so my vote is for...
++ELUCHIL

(Also if someone can again explain how to quote a line or two from someone not the whole post )

Last edited by Valier; 01-10-2006 at 03:33 PM. Reason: Didn't bold vote
Valier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 03:33 PM   #134
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Quote:
Please elaborate, I'm not sure what you mean.
That's just it. There really isn't anything to elaborate on. Some of the things you’ve done have sort of struck me as being a bit…sly. I will probably have a completely different view tomorrow. It’s just DAY ONE, you have to expect this sort of thing. In fact, it’s really something of a backhand compliment to be voted for on the first day…sometimes.

However, at the moment I am suddenly feeling a lot more suspicious of TGWBS. His vote really seems to have been the one to build some momentum for this new lynch Gil-Galad bandwagon. These second votes for somebody are always important.

And oddly enough, Meneltarmacil has also now landed himself squarely on the radar for the exact same reason (ironically enough in an attempt to clear himself).

Oh well. Depending on who is gotten we might learn something toDAY after all.

Still I feel most comfortable (which isn’t much) with this vote.

++ GARIN

DAY ONEs
Old 01-10-2006, 03:46 PM   #135
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I much share your thoughts, Kuru. Day One is so hopeless. Well, this is hardly helpful.

In voting order:

Azaelia - Meneltarmacil
Alcarillo - Garin
Nilpaurion Felagund - Nilpaurion
Lhunardawen - Nilpaurion
Amanaduial - Kuruharan
Gil-Galad - Nilpaurion
Malkatoj – Nilpaurion
Farael - Eluchil
Naria - Nilpaurion
Rune – Gil Galad
TGWBS – Gil Galad
Meneltarmacil – Gil Galad
Valier - Eluchil
Kuruharan - Garin

Yet to vote:

Cailin
Garin
Kath
Gurthang
Eluchil

For now my vote shall go to, and I hope it is indeed wisdom:

++GIL GALAD

But I shall be looking closely at Garin and TGWBS as well, much due his uncharacteristic silence.
Old 01-10-2006, 03:48 PM   #136
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

*double posting*

With as well I naturally mean tomorrow.
Old 01-10-2006, 03:52 PM   #137
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuruharan
That's just it. There really isn't anything to elaborate on. Some of the things you’ve done have sort of struck me as being a bit…sly.
I'm actually having that same feeling; and sometimes those feelings just happen to be right.

I'm thinking my vote will be for either Garin, Eluchil, or malkatoj. Garin just seems almost overly defensive. Eluchil was somewhat flip-floppy earlier, and malkatoj's vote for Nilp (the third for him) seemed an awful lot like a wolf starting a bandwagon.

But I'm also wondering if I should put Gil right up there beside Nilp. If we made it close (or a tie even) we could force some wolves to make an open decision. I'm not sure that's the best idea, though, because if it is a tie, then we'll be so suspicious if only one dies it pretty much guarantees the other's death tomorrow. Still, if everyone who is left to vote would vote either Gil or Nilp... but that's not going to happen.

Speaking of not going to happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farael
Having that said, I'd like to add another bit of a tidbit in favour of the seer coming forward if he gets a wolf on the first few nights. After we lynch the wolf, the seer should be able to ask him (or her) about someone, and therefore know at the very least, an innocent for sure. If we are lucky we'd get another wolf. And then, the ranger can protect our seer at least the night after we get the wolf... and another night if we get lucky and nail yet another wolf on the second night. But it all depends on the Seer finding a wolf in the first few nights. For the time being, we should try to help the seer by nailing a wolf by our own devices!
That would be great; but the sheer odds are so close to impossible that it almost makes you suspicious for even suggestingt he possibility!

Vote will come soon, but it will be for some one who already has more than one; so Nilp, Gil, Garin or Eluchil.
Old 01-10-2006, 03:54 PM   #138
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Voting:

Menel - 1 (Amanduial)
Garin - 2 (Alcarillo, Kuru)
Nilp - 5 (Nilp, Lhuna, Gil, malkatoj, Naria)
Eluchil - 2 (Farael, Valier)
Gil-Galad - 4 (Rune, TGWBS, Menel, Cailín)

I hope that's right.
Old 01-10-2006, 03:58 PM   #139
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Well, we're out of time. (I'm pretty sure at least. Deadlines in 2(?) minutes?)

I'm not voting Nilp. I don't think he's guilty, just being himself. Which will be suspicious later, but not now.

Eluchil hasn't done enough to get my vote toDay. I'll be watching, though.

I don't think voting Garin will get us anywhere, since he can still save himself and I don't think anyone else will vote for him.

Well, let's make the wolves make a choice.

++Gil-Galad

Sorry, I know I just jumped way up in the suspicious category.
Old 01-10-2006, 03:59 PM   #140
Garin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Yes, I am a bit chatty and naturally defensive. I waited to vote to see if I needed to prevent my own lynching. It'll be nice to have the night off.
++Gil-Gilad

I am a sick man ... I am a spiteful man. I am an unpleasant man. I think my liver is diseased.

Old 01-10-2006, 04:01 PM   #141
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
The day after Formendacil’s death was a day of great confusion in the village. Everybody wanted to kill the Werewolves, but they were singularly lacking in any evidence leading back to the Werewolves.

“I know!” said Rune. “We can look for someone who’s missing their tail!” He brandished the severed wolf tail that Formendacil had chopped from his murderers.

“Won’t work,” said Alcarillo. “They would have changed back to men by now.”

“Unless they’re women!” said Naria, pointedly.

“I think that my point still stands,” said Alcarillo. “Men and women don’t have tails.”

“That’s what you think!” said Nilpaurion. “I am a carnivore. I have a tail!”

“No you don’t,” said Kath, pointing at his rump, which was distinctly tailless.

“Then I’m clearly the Werewolf that attacked dear Formendaga,” said Nilpaurion. “So I think you should kill me.”

“Ignore him!” said The Guy Who Be Short. “He’s always had a death wish. If I had a silver penny for every time he’s tried to kill himself with my leather-cutting tools in my hatshop, I’d be living in Minas Anor or Pelargir.”

“Fine then!” said Lhuna, “if this idiot brother of mine wants to die so badly, then let’s kill him!”

There was a chorus of agreement, Nilpaurion’s own voice loudly amongst them, but several voices put forward motions of dissent.

“Don’t be ridiculous!” said Meneltarmacil. “Why on earth would a Werewolf be so blatant? And Nilp is ALWAYS this way. Killing him would be pointless!”

“Especially if he has gifts that could help the village,” agreed Garin. “If he’s a gifted person, we’d be stabbing ourselves in the feet.”

“If he’s a gifted, I’ll kill him a second time personally,” growled Cailín.

“I’m rather suspicious of all of you who are voting for Nilp so quickly,” said The Guy Who Be Short. “Lhuna! You’re voting for your own brother.”

“I’m voting for Gil-galad!” said Rune. “I’ve always said he’s nuts.”

“There’s too many people voting for Nilp, so I’m with you!” said The Guy Who Be Short.

Night was coming, and still the village debated. In the end, they chose Gil-galad as their victim, unwilling to execute someone who might just have been mad. The decision made, the villagers grabbed and bound their victim, and marched him up the to the top of the hill, where a tall, gnarled old oak stood.

“I’ve got rope,” Garin offered, “from the shop.”

Amanaduial and Meneltarmacil knotted the rope around Gil-galad’s neck, and strung it up over the tree. The victim was stoically calm.

“You’re doing the wrong thing!” he said. “You’ll regret this!”

But the villagers wanted blood. One of their own had died and they were feeling threatened. They kicked the box out from beneath Gil-galad and his neck snapped.

“Nothing,” said Farael, “nothing. Looks like he was just an ORDINARY VILLAGER.”

NIGHT 1 is now in session. Werewolves may PM. Werewolves, the Ranger, and Seer should have their nightly picks as soon as they can.

Last edited by Formendacil; 01-10-2006 at 04:08 PM. Reason: The narration... duh!
Formendacil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 04:29 PM   #142
Eluchíl
Animated Skeleton

Eluchíl has just left Hobbiton.
Looks like I'm late. Oh well. It would have went down like this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farael
Why, aren't we a little jumpy... I would think it is the lack of experience in these deals talking but tonight I have nothing better to go on and I am afraid I must cast my vote early to make sure I get a vote casted.

The Nilp growing bandwagon is a bad idea. Even if the guy is really guilty I would let him live at least another night and keep an eye on him, as should he be innocent any votes against him will say very little. But it is up to you fellow villagers what you do with your votes. Right now, I chose to go with the one my gut tells me is most likely to be guilty. I may be wrong, but I don't think

++Eluchil

sounds quite alright.

I have to go now, and I may or may not be around later. We will see.... think hard and vote smart my friends.
You're confusing distain for 'being jumpy'. I am merely the vanguard for reason in a time of insanity. But if you enjoy hanging someone for being astute, perhaps it is you that is the wry one.

++ FARAEL

---

Quote:
As for Eluchil I thought you were a mild-Mannered Inn keeper? But you seem quick to disclaim finger pointers!What is everyone supposed to do, with horrid Werewolves lurking about!(Disperses some free booze,with a smile!) I hope Werewolves can't hold their liquor!
But my dear, how is disclaiming finger pointing not mild-mannered? Is there no civility? Is there no justice? Is there no reason!? (Charlie Brown moment) Well, with horrible blood-thirsty monsters around you can just keep the booze a'flowin'. The moon is full, it's time to celebrate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valier
HHHmmmm this one is hard I really don't have anything to base this on. But I don't want to jump on any bandwagons but that is all there seems to be...So I will go with the smallest bandwagon for I also agree with Farael on this one so my vote is for...
++ELUCHIL

(Also if someone can again explain how to quote a line or two from someone not the whole post )
I understand your decission. Please, feel free to have a free respite and drink at my inn to show there is no hard feelings, and that we are still friendly.
(just edit out snippets and post them together in whatever sequence you like. I use the [ quote = user ]Lalala[ / quote ] -- Hope it helps.)

Last edited by Eluchíl; 01-10-2006 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Answering Valier's quote question. ^^
Eluchíl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 04:05 PM   #143
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Question

The day after Gil-galad’s lynching dawned cold and bright. Perfect weather for a day of accusational oratory. But one villager did not awake with the rest of the village to hunt Formendacil’s killers…

Kath had always dwelt on the edge of town, in one of the more ramshackle dwellings. Some said this had to do with the smell. Being a gongfarmer was never a pleasant job.

When Kath didn’t appear, Kuruharan the arms merchant, Gurthang the tough rancher, and Amanaduial the archer travel guide banded together and carefully made their way to the stinky house on the edge of town. The rest of the village, not so bold, held back watching, despite the fact that all their number was present and no one missing (other than Kath) who could be a Werewolf.

With one blow of his Dwarven fist, Kuruharan sent Kath’s door flying. The three warriors peered in cautiously, then jumped back, startled, at the sight that met their eyes. The mangled body of Kath was lying facedown in her own dirt floor.

Slowly, the villagers got over their shock, and entered the building, searching for clues of the attackers.

“They got her without a struggle,” said Meneltarmacil, surveying the scene. “Not a weapon or piece of wolf anywhere.”

“They’ve left us another message,” said Cailín, catching sight of another parchment. She read it aloud to the others:

Are all Men of the West as stupid as you?

You didn’t come near to catching us yesterday, and you won’t today. Yet another of your number is dead, and if you don’t leave by sundown, another shall be taken tonight.

Leave Rhovanion or die!

And it was signed,

The Werewolves in your midst

“Hey, does anyone besides me notice something?” asked Rune.

“What?” said The Guy Who Be Short.

“There’s an awful lot of shoes in here,” said Rune, and looking around, the others realised that it was so. Pairs upon pairs of shoes littered the floor, as well as scrap leather and tools for cutting and fitting shoes.

“So Kath was a COBBLER in her spare time,” said Lhuna. “What a sad hobby! We should have spent more time with her.”

“Mmm… peach cobbler,” Nilpaurion smacked his lips.

“Stop it, Nilp,” said Meneltarmacil. “You’re a carnivore, remember?”

“That’s why she didn’t put up a struggle!” said Malkatoj. “She WANTED to die. And with a job like gongfarmering, and a hobby like shoemaking… She was probably trying to HELP the wolves.”

“Shoemaking,” shivered Rune, who always went about barefooted, for some reason. “What a perverted hobby!”

“Perverted?” said Amanaduial. “In what way? If you ask me, Master Peace Person, you’re as much as confusion as she was. Maybe YOU’re a werewolf!”

And so began the second day of debating in Dol-in-Gaurhoth.

Those alive:

Meneltarmacil - Creepy Guy on the Edge of Town
Cailin - Noble Kleptomaniac
Azaelia - Town Drunk
Farael - Worm Hunter
TGWBS - Hat Maker
Garin - Horse Loaner
Rune – Misplaced Hobbit Peace Activist
Valier - Brewmaster
Alcarillo - Moneylender
Lhunardawen - Potion-Pizza Person
Gurthang - Rancher
Amanaduial - Northman Travel Guide
Naria - Store Proprietor
Nilpaurion Felagund - Suspicious Carnivore
Kuruharan - Dwarven Alcohol and Weapons Merchant
Eluchil - Mild-Mannered Innkeeper
Malkatoj – Philosophy Professor

Those dead:

Formendacil - Moderator - Killed by Werewolves, Night 1
Gil-Galad - Shrubber - Ordo - Lynched by Village, Day 1
Kath - Gongfarmer - Cobbler - Killed by Werewolves, Night 2

You may begin posting.
Old 01-11-2006, 04:19 PM   #144
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

Quite frankly, I'm not in the least disappointed with the results of last night's munchings. The wolves came as close to shooting themselves in the foot as they ever will in their nocturnal raids.

Now, we have to ask ourselves, why did they pick Kath? I seriously doubt it was because she'd pointed a finger at one of them (in her case by accident). If she'd done that they'd probably have left her alone because killing her would point the finger back at them. I'm going to go back and look through her posts to see if there is anything useful there to see.

At the moment I think that TGWBS and Meneltarmacil have some 'splaining to do.
Old 01-11-2006, 04:33 PM   #145
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Quote:
At the moment I think that TGWBS and Meneltarmacil have some 'splaining to do.
I agree with Kuru, I thought you both were a little quick to accuse,then lynch,poor Gil-Galad! I don't see what was so suspisious about him. Would you both care to elaborate.And for the others who voted for him..Shame! Now we've gone and killed one of our own!

Now the wolves have killed,the only friend they might have had in this town. I think we need to get down to bussiness,and lynch us a real wolf!
Old 01-11-2006, 04:34 PM   #146
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Well, we won’t miss that smelly, sneaky, suspicious, sassy little… well I shall keep it friendly, shall I?

It seems like the wolves are on the good side for now, which is a positive thing! What luck they killed their only possible ally! Though I feel rather bad for killing Gil since he was just an innocent, let us be honest, we would have killed him eventually anyway. And I am rather curious to see whether Nilp continues along the same lines.

My guess is that the wolves picked Kath because she did not express any clear opinions and failed to vote alltogether, thus not incriminating anyone and leaving us no wiser than we were yesterday. That could mean that some of us came pretty close to killing a wolf yesterday or just that someone thought this a good opportunity to get rid of a possibly intelligent opponent (ha ha ha!).

I’ll start with a review of the votes and see how the discussion has developed when I wake up tomorrow:

Azaelia – Meneltarmacil (Menel 1)
Alcarillo – Garin (Menel 1, Garin 1)
Nilpaurion Felagund – Nilpaurion (Menel 1, Garin 1, Nilp 1)
Lhunardawen – Nilpaurion (Menel 1, Garin 1, Nilp 2)
Amanaduial – Kuruharan (Menel 1, Garin 1, Nilp 2, Kuru 1)
Gil-Galad – Nilpaurion (Menel 1, Garin 1, Nilp 3, Kuru 1)
Malkatoj – Nilpaurion (Menel 1, Garin 1, Nilp 4, Kuru 1)
Farael – Eluchil (Menel 1, Garin 1, Nilp 4, Kuru 1, Eluchil 1)
Naria – Nilpaurion (Menel 1, Garin 1, Nilp 5, Kuru 1, Eluchil 1)
Rune – Gil Galad (Menel 1, Garin 1, Nilp 5, Kuru 1, Eluchil 1, Gil Galad 1)
TGWBS – Gil Galad (Menel 1, Garin 1, Nilp 5, Kuru 1, Eluchil 1, Gil Galad 2)
Meneltarmacil – Gil Galad (Menel 1, Garin 1, Nilp 5, Kuru 1, Eluchil 1, Gil Galad 3)
Valier – Eluchil (Menel 1, Garin 1, Nilp 5, Kuru 1, Eluchil 2, Gil Galad 3)
Kuruharan – Garin (Menel 1, Garin 2, Nilp 5, Kuru 1, Eluchil 2, Gil Galad 3)
Cailín – Gil Galad (Menel 1, Garin 2, Nilp 5, Kuru 1, Eluchil 2, Gil Galad 4)
Gurthang – Gil Galad (Menel 1, Garin 2, Nilp 5, Kuru 1, Eluchil 2, Gil Galad 5)
Garin – Gil Galad (Menel 1, Garin 2, Nilp 5, Kuru 1, Eluchil 2, Gil Galad 6)
Eluchil – Farael (Menel 1, Garin 2, Nilp 5, Kuru 1, Eluchil 2, Gil Galad 6, Farael 1)

So, a lot of different people appear in the voting list. I think the most crucial votes would be Malkatoj or Naria’s vote for Nilpaurion (almost ensuring a Nilp lynch at that point). TGWBS’ vote for Gil Galad, starting the second bandwagon. And finally, Garin’s vote for Gil, though understandably he wished to break the tie. We can disregard Eluchil’s far too late post.

I’ll read yesterday’s proceedings again tomorrow, but am now getting far too sleepy to make sense.

Last edited by Cailín; 01-11-2006 at 04:35 PM. Reason: fixed a spelling mistake, honest! Okay, there were two.
Old 01-11-2006, 04:36 PM   #147
Garin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Shield

Well, well, the wolves have lost a friend, for shame. (I'm being sarcastic.) This makes our job of finding the wolves less difficult. It is too bad about Gil-Gilad but I believed Nilp was more insane than guilty. Unlike Gurthang I didn't want to leave the decision up to the werewolves. Which, as he said, raised my suspicions of him. Still, one of the votes for Nilp is a wolf, I believe. You'll all be happy to know that I will be less gabby for I have taken ill. *cough*
Oh, and I can't believe Kath used the word 'cobbled.' *cough*

Old 01-11-2006, 04:38 PM   #148
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Another thing before I leave:

Don't you think it is funny how Meneltarmacil and I both picked up on the tiny clues Kath left in her posts? Though I would suspect Menel for his voting behaviour, this makes me believe he also considered Kath might be the Cobbler - in which case he would never have slain her during the Night.
Old 01-11-2006, 04:51 PM   #149
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

I’ve combed through Kath’s posts and I think Cailín probably has it right.

Quote:
My guess is that the wolves picked Kath because she did not express any clear opinions and failed to vote alltogether, thus not incriminating anyone and leaving us no wiser than we were yesterday.
Kath briefly mentioned (I don’t want to use a stronger word than that) malkatoj and Cailín, but not much more than that. I do wonder what the significance could be of Meneltarmacil being the one to publicly mention Kath’s use of the word “cobbler.”
Old 01-11-2006, 04:53 PM   #150
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cailin
Don't you think it is funny how Meneltarmacil and I both picked up on the tiny clues Kath left in her posts? Though I would suspect Menel for his voting behaviour, this makes me believe he also considered Kath might be the Cobbler - in which case he would never have slain her during the Night.
So what it seems your saying is that Meneltarmacil is not a wolf...But you fail to mention anything about yourself...Maybe you picked up the hint as well, because you knew what to look for.(Ahem..Wolf).... Excuse me.
Valier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 05:29 PM   #151
Azaelia of Willowbottom
Shade of Carn Dûm

Azaelia of Willowbottom has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Azaelia of Willowbottom
Silmaril

Quote:
So what it seems your saying is that Meneltarmacil is not a wolf...But you fail to mention anything about yourself...Maybe you picked up the hint as well, because you knew what to look for.(Ahem..Wolf).... Excuse me.
Perhaps this game is messing with my head...because would it be too far out of the picture for him to guess Kath as a cobbler, but then get his wolf buddies on board to eat her anyway. A perfect excuse.

Then again, I've always been a bit paranoid. And that's not to say I believe Menel is a wolf...Nor am I trying to incriminate him or get him lynched...

Just that I'm trying to say that we can't think the way we're expected to think. We have to try to see everything from several sides if we want to catch the wolves before they drive us out of town.
Old 01-11-2006, 06:04 PM   #152
Eluchíl
Animated Skeleton

Eluchíl has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
I would have to agree with you. Cailin is quite dodgy. Perhaps too dodgy. Could it have been a slip of the tongue? He let something about his fiendish plots go accidentally and inadvertantly? Curious...

Last edited by Eluchíl; 01-11-2006 at 06:05 PM. Reason: (sp)
Eluchíl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 06:21 PM   #153
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

Heh heh. They still think I'm a wolf. But I'm not a wolf. I'm an innocent villager. Why would anyone think I'm a wolf? *howls at the moon*

Anyhow, I am quite sorry to see another innocent dead; however, as I said before I was simply trying to keep Nilpaurion Felagund's attempt at suicide from succeeding. I was actually going to vote for Lhunardawen, but since Rune had already voted for Gil-Galad, my other primary suspect, I figured that there was more of a chance that Nilp wouldn't die if I voted for Gil-Galad (TGWBS's vote doesn't count here, as that was a cross-post). That said, I will likely vote for Lhuna today.

I also think that a wolf may have slipped in among the Gil-Galad voters as well as the Nilp ones. I think it very possible there is at least one wolf in each set. The third wolf could have joined one of the bandwagons as well, or could simply have voted for someone else.

As for my pointing out Kath's "hastily cobbled together" comment, I was simply trying to call attention to a potential threat, nothing more.

I'm cross-posting with everyone who posted between Eluchil's post 17 minutes ago, by the way.

EDIT: Guess I'm not cross-posting with anyone, it seems.
Old 01-11-2006, 06:46 PM   #154
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Gender Issues, for future reference:

Meneltarmacil - HIM
Cailin - HER
Azaelia - HER
Farael - HIM
TGWBS - HIM
Garin - HIM
Rune – HIM
Valier - HER
Alcarillo -HIM
Lhunardawen - HER
Gurthang - HIM
Amanaduial - HER
Naria - HER
Nilpaurion Felagund - HIM
Kuruharan - HIM
Eluchil - HIM
Malkatoj – HER

Those dead:

Formendacil, is definitely a HIM
Gil-Galad - HIM
Kath - HER

I may be wrong on one, maximum two of you. If so, I'm sure you'll let me know.

Okay, you may go back to your game.

~Michael A. Joosten - WW XVI Moderator~
Old 01-11-2006, 07:03 PM   #155
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Quote:
Now, we have to ask ourselves, why did they pick Kath? I seriously doubt it was because she'd pointed a finger at one of them
I'm not sure I agree. I wouldn't put it past anyone to bluff in this situation and kill someone who directly accused them. I'm not sure that's the case, but I'm not clearing the people Kath mentioned.

Right now, I'm watching:

malkatoj - vote yesterday was tacked on after two quick ones from Lhuna and Menel. Seems like trying to seal off the bandwagon as the only choice.
Eluchil - Very jumpy and accusatory. Prettt much stabs back at anyone who mentions him as suspiciou.
Garin - Still isn't quite sitting well. He does talk a lot about the future of the village though, but is that good or bad? I cannot tell.

Although, if Garin is a wolf, I'd look into Nilp actually being one also, which would make sense because of Garin saved Nilp with that last minute vote.

Right now I think I'll vote fore malkatoj, but the Day is young, and much can change.
Old 01-11-2006, 07:16 PM   #156
malkatoj
Wight

malkatoj has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to malkatoj
Pipe

Quote:
I think the most crucial votes would be Malkatoj or Naria’s vote for Nilpaurion (almost ensuring a Nilp lynch at that point).
If you go back and look at my post, I did edit to say I cross-posted with Gil-Galad. I did not mean to be band-wagoning--as I posted my vote, it wasn't a bandwagon. It was either vote for the suspicious looking person now or don't vote at all.

(Note: I am a student, and my time is therefore limited. With an earlier voting deadline, I'll almost always have to post my votes early and therefore with less evidence or reasoning than others who have time later may have. I'm in EST, by the way.)

Kath is an unexpected kill. She wasn't especially vocal for or against anyone and missed the vote, so I can't see why she'd be killed. Meneltarmacil's vote from yesterday looks the most suspicious, along with the string of votes for Gil-Galad. Did anyone else find it odd that one person voted for him, and suddenly everyone else did too? The first vote for Gil seems to be Rune's in post 127. The next two posts, by TGWBS and Meneltarmacil, are also both votes for Gil. These votes are extremely suspicious and we should be careful around them.
Old 01-11-2006, 07:33 PM   #157
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
1420! [The Carnivore survives the DAY . . . and the NIGHT.]

I was bent on killing myself, but somehow, Eru snatched me up from the depths and saved me. I was given a new life, and by the One I will not waste it!

If you believe that, you're seriously lacking all the essential amino acids in your diet. Eat your meat!

Quote:
I refuse to vote for Nilpaurion, simply on the grounds that he told us to - maybe this is some sort of elaborate double bluff, but I somehow doubt it. Besides, I'm hoping Alice may make an appearance, and she always makes interesting reading. Who knows what hidden secrets can appear in an argument between one man and his subconcious... (Aman)
I'm afraid dear Alice won't be making her appearance in this game. 'twould much too unfair if I were playing as two (or even three) minds in one. Besides, Adam already played the game once, and Alice said she couldn't lie, so she'd be a singularly bad player if she were a wolf.

Quote:
I would also like to declare my suspicions of Kath, we all know what a lying little sneak she is. (the vertically challenged person)
Interessant . . . sehr interessant . . .

OK, seriously why would I vote for myself? The reasons you could come up with are:

1) Some innate psychological problem (He's suicidal and/or seeking attention)
2) Continuity. (He's done it before, he'll be suspicious if he doesn't do it again.)
3) Good sense (He has not much time to do analyses, so he's voting for someone he's sure is not gifted.)
4) Bluffing (He's a werewolf, trying to act all crazy. But his f(r)iends will protect him/He's a gifted acting like he's not [well, this may be cutting it a bit close.])
5) A Hunter with a target. (Self-explanatory.)
6) A Cobbler (Wait, Kath's the Cobbler!)

Choose all you want. I claim the first three as my reasons. But toDAY, I do have time to do proper analyses of everything you say, so maybe I'll vote more wisely now. Maybe.

Enedwaith, I'm looking hard at Lhunadaga ( ), malkatoj, the male person with a great degree of vertical challenge, Menel (*throws rocks at him*), Gurthang, and Garin for voting anomalies. Although I suspect at least one Werewolf did not join either the Selbstmörderischer or the Gil bandwaggons.

Vy ze vay, it has been decided that I declare myself. Glirdan and I are Shirriffs. What do you mean he's not playing, too? Am I in the right game???

Don't worry. We'll find a way to get him unconcious.

P.S. I dunno, Modacil, Lhuna has always been a 'HIM' to me.

Last edited by Nilpaurion Felagund; 01-11-2006 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Just bluffs, not *double*-bluffs
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 08:08 PM   #158
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Naria has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Naria
Narya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkatoj
Kath is an unexpected kill. She wasn't especially vocal for or against anyone and missed the vote, so I can't see why she'd be killed. Meneltarmacil's vote from yesterday looks the most suspicious, along with the string of votes for Gil-Galad. Did anyone else find it odd that one person voted for him, and suddenly everyone else did too? The first vote for Gil seems to be Rune's in post 127. The next two posts, by TGWBS and Meneltarmacil, are also both votes for Gil. These votes are extremely suspicious and we should be careful around them.
I thought their sudden votes to be extremely suspicious. I was accused of jumping on a bandwagon and not having a good enough reason for my vote. Then those same people(except for Farael) turned around and made their own bandwagon and for no apparent good reason they all voted for someone that I thought really didn't attract too much attention to himself(with the one post). *tisk tisk* Poor Gil-Galad.

I'm assuming that this is going to attract some kind of attention for myself beit good or bad, but I thought I should get that out there. That being said I don't know at this point whom I'm going to vote for as of yet for the day has only just begun.

Cailin and Meneltarmacil are getting kind of cozy in their big furry coats. Maybe one is the Alpha Female and the other is the Alpha Male.....hmmmm
Naria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 09:26 PM   #159
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

Hmm...I am still waiting for a number of people to speak.

I was thinking that it would be unlikely for both TGWBS and Meneltarmacil to be wolves...but now I'm not so sure. The wolves can't communicate during the DAY so they can't coordinate their actions. That could have just been a snafu where they both were trying to cover themselves by each trying to cast a side vote that seemed likely to be meaningless and accidentally started a bandwagon. However, I'm not sure the scenario I just explained is very likely...but it is still possible.

I'm waiting for TGWBS to say something.

Quote:
Although, if Garin is a wolf, I'd look into Nilp actually being one also, which would make sense because of Garin saved Nilp with that last minute vote.
I suppose it's something to keep in mind. However, I'm not sure a wolf would extend itself to save another when there are still three of them. I guess I'd feel more confident about that conclusion (if we should get to a point of testing it) if something else turned up.

I have a few other ideas percolating on the back burner...but until some other people speak I think I'll just sit on them.
Old 01-11-2006, 09:48 PM   #160
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Quote:
I suppose it's something to keep in mind. However, I'm not sure a wolf would extend itself to save another when there are still three of them. I guess I'd feel more confident about that conclusion (if we should get to a point of testing it) if something else turned up.
I think they would. If they don't, then they lose a wolf on the first day, a major set-back. If they do, then we won't even know it was wolf saving wolf until we actually kill one (or both) of them. Sounds like something a wolf could, and very well would, do.

Nilp, I'm surprised you haven't suggested lynching Saucepan Man for being too smart. I'm leaning on number 4. It just seems like something you would do.

I'm inclined to think that Menel is innocent. He quickly called Kath's cobbler comment into open view. He might be a wolf, but I think it's a stretch that they would intentionally kill their teammate on the first Night. But on the other hand, everyone (assuming they saw Menel's commment), so the wolves would have known she had left the hint.

That being said, she must have said something else in order for them to kill her, something that maybe made them think she was a gifted rather than the cobbler. I'll go check.