The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-09-2006, 09:29 PM   #81
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
All the accusations!! Personally, I distrust everyone as of late! for anyone notice that a few members of our lovely town have not shown up for the drink specials I am offering,For the death of Formendacil...of course.
Maybe their still sleeping...(late night?) I'm not accusing anyone outright quite yet but it makes me wonder that's all..

(So just to clarify this game day ends at the same time it started today?)
Old 01-09-2006, 09:48 PM   #82
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Naria has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Naria
Narya

What is with the pushing of the liquor Valier? Want a few of us drunk do we? Hmmmm. Ya know, having most of the town drunk isn't gunna get us any closer to reaching a verdict.
Naria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 09:48 PM   #83
Azaelia of Willowbottom
Shade of Carn Dûm

Azaelia of Willowbottom has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Azaelia of Willowbottom
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valier
All the accusations!! Personally, I distrust everyone as of late! for anyone notice that a few members of our lovely town have not shown up for the drink specials I am offering,For the death of Formendacil...of course.
Maybe their still sleeping...(late night?) I'm not accusing anyone outright quite yet but it makes me wonder that's all..

(So just to clarify this game day ends at the same time it started today?)
(yes, the game ends at 5:00 PM EST tomorrow.)

Apologies for accusing anyone...I am in a tight situation here, and the time has come that I must vote. (I am EST so it's almost 11:00 PM here, and I have school tomorrow)

So for me, voting really will be pretty much random. Doubtless, it's randomosity (whee, I made a new word) and its earliness will cause suspicion and accusations to come raining down on me like, well, rain.

Here's my rationalization, inasmuch as any such thing exists. I don't want to vote for someone silent, so that leaves out Shorty, Gil, Alca, Lhuna, Gurthang, and Nilp. It just isn't fair to vote for someone who hasn't been around to draw suspicion. And it's only been about 6 hours since the game started. I'm willing to cut slack for those who haven't shown up yet, since it's so early on in the game, and the day.

As such, the only truly suspicious person (by profession, nothing more) today is Menel, so he'll get my vote today.

++Meneltarmacil

I'm sorry, it really honestly is nothing personal. You're just trying to attract suspicion, is all.

And should I return to find that I have been lynched, it's been real, everyone. 'Night, all.

ETA: Crossposted with Naria...And to say, apologies again for the early vote, and in advance for my absence after.
Old 01-09-2006, 09:52 PM   #84
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots Another point to keep in mind...

We do need to spread the votes out some (especially on DAY ONE).

Just a little reminder.
Old 01-09-2006, 11:13 PM   #85
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Gurthang has just left Hobbiton.
Call me crazy (and I just might be, having herded for so long) but I've got an idea. Now, I know I'm not known for my brain, thinking things, but here's my plan:

If our Seer is of the lucky sort, he'll get the name of a lycan from our poor deceased Formendacil. That happening, I would suggest that the Seer should come out and name the wolf. Now, I know this means certain death for our current Seer, but since we have an Apprentice, we will still have a Seer with us, and we have for certain a wolf. Also, if he deem it good, the Ranger can protect the current Seer for a couple nights, so he won't even die for two more nights, at the least.

Now, I'd wait until the Seer can dream from Formendacil twice, just so we have two certain names, and I'd only have the Seer come forward if they find a wolf. It really doesn't set the village back that much (effectively, we lose our Apprentice) and we get one of the lycans in the first two days.

Now, you'll probably think that's a wolfish suggestion, but really, that doesn't make sense. Even being the rancher that I am, I'm not as stupid as that. But go ahead and talk about it anyway, conversation is good. I'd just like to stress that the Seer should not come forward unless they find a wolf from their two Formendacil dreams.

P.S. I haven't gotten to catch up yet, so I'll get back on any comments I find important.
Old 01-09-2006, 11:52 PM   #86
Garin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Garin has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Azaelia posted
Quote:
As such, the only truly suspicious person (by profession, nothing more) today is Menel, so he'll get my vote today......Crossposted with Naria...And to say, apologies again for the early vote, and in advance for my absence after.
Fear not Azaelia, I respect your integrity for not forsaking your duty as a villager to defend our safety. It is indeed a random vote and I have yet to decide, you have fulfilled your duty. If you were guilty I expect a more tactful move. However, I have yet to trust any of you and it is my family and my stock that I hold as important.
Quote:
Garin - has posted a fair bit, but I still don't feel I know where he stands
Too early and so many not heard from, but accusations and rebuttals have revealed much character from our fellow villagers. I don't stand in accusation of anyone until all of our people are heard from. However, remain silent in the face of this crisis and I believe you ( the mute) should and will die. I respect that hours are hard and long on these foresaken plains. I have faith that we will know much more soon.
Farael posted:
Quote:
Garin - Offered a few mild accusations at the beginning of this day and then mellowed down and said pretty much nothing on his other posts. Still, he looks pretty innocent, as someone who tried to spark some debate and then tried not to stick his neck too far off the line.
You are quite observant Farael, one must stimulate debate but avoid being wolf bait the following evening. I respect your rebuttal and find myself to trust you a bit. Although, I admit to partaking in some sickening grog at the passing of a townsman- fare thee well Form . I hope you find a market for your worms in a town so devoid of fishmongers. Maybe with some spices from Southern Lands we can make them edible.
I will glower over the postings of all as i perch upon my roof and guard my spooked animals from more massacre.

I am a sick man ... I am a spiteful man. I am an unpleasant man. I think my liver is diseased.

Fyodor Dostoevsky "Notes From the Underground"
Garin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 11:56 PM   #87
Alcarillo
Shadow of the Past

Alcarillo has just left Hobbiton.
Well, I wake up to find that our dear friend has been killed. I shall miss the way he paid back the loans on time.

Well, my pet cat has unexpectedly managed to disorganize all of my money, so this might be my only post for today. I shall have to return back to my house to get things back in order.

Anyways, due to my tight schedule, I feel I shall have to make a random vote. Now, it's absolutely unfair to lynch somebody without givin' them an opportunity to defend himself, which means that I shall abstain from voting for Nilp, as tradition would call for. With the help of my pet cat, I have chosen

++Garin

to die. Nothin' against him, but I need to say sumin' an' cast a vote before I head back home. A random vote is as good as any this confusin' day.

*walks away, muttering about darned cats and how some coins are so hard to find*
Alcarillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 12:06 AM   #88
Garin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Shield

Posted by Gurthang:
Quote:
I would suggest that the Seer should come out and name the wolf. Now, I know this means certain death for our current Seer, but since we have an Apprentice.
Now what do you suggest of the apprentice, shall he come forth to the slaughter as well? Losing the seer so early would be a blunder since there are more gifteds an apprentice can replace. Let the wolves prey upon a random villager. We should not offer anyone upon a platter, just yet.
Your idea of the gifteds becoming so vocal remind me of an old friend, long dead. I say a true seer can let his knowledge be known without baring his neck for the fangs of the filthy wolves.
I'd hate to stand in accusation Gurthang but I am wary of your suggestion. May our village survive.

I am a sick man ... I am a spiteful man. I am an unpleasant man. I think my liver is diseased.

Old 01-10-2006, 12:09 AM   #89
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
1420! [The Carnivore suspiciously ambles in.]

Garn! Where's a nice long piece of 'dentulflos' when you need one? I got some pieces of sheep shank stuck in my teeth!

Oh, so someone got his/her/its piece of fresh meat, too, eh? Poor Formendaga* . . . errr . . . Formendacil. But I think I know who killed you.

It's obvious: spawn, Holby, and Eomer are the Werewolves among us. They've been too silent, plus two of them have motives. What more can be said? What do you mean they're not playing???

Crikey. It's back to Plan A, then.

Quote:
However, given that a certain Nilpaurion Felagund also resides in this village, I believe that he'll probably show up asking to be lynched before long....heh heh (Menel)
You know me too well, my friend.

Lynch me. I'm serious. Do it or else I shall be forced to do the unthinkable and vote for myself. You don't believe me? Fine!

++Nilpaurion Felagund

Let's see if you don't believe me the next time!
The plot, cut, defeated.
I intend to copy this sig forever - so far so good...
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 12:12 AM   #90
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Cailín has just left Hobbiton.
Despite being in a bit of a hurry, since it is the start of my workday again and you know how much I love my job: a few more random accusations, heh, I mean observations.

Now this Garin person… Much of a talker, I have noticed, but not particularly saying much, if you get my meaning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garin
Some of you are hiding a great evil and we will not let you succeed.
If he could just identify the you and we, we’d get a lot further.

And Azaelia has quite a strange look in her eyes… so very aware of her surroundings. Oh, she is sober? Well, that would be a first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mild-Mannered Innkeep person
My friend Cailin, you should know more than anyone that finger pointers often have the most to hide. Not that I'm accusing anyone myself. Although, I did seem to hear much ruccus near my inn that night. Chatter, it seemed like. With some clatter. But when I went to investigate, there was no one. Isn't that queer? Well, you'll never see me out after midnight. I have responsibilities to tend to, and what with evil afoot, I should focus on my customers and keep!
Well I never said I have nothing to hide – though no furry things, make no mistake, I prefer my secrets aahhh smooth, shiny, silverish – but I am talking too much. I will definitely say, though, I do not ‘chatter.’ You will find my conversation is always dignified, my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Little Squeaky Robbit thing
and Azaelia just because you don't like my methodes does not mean that you have the right to treat me like an inferior. I belive I told you how I would deal with these misunderstood creatures. If this fails I will of course need to rethink my stradegy, but for now I will stick with kindness.
Alternative methods… Well we could always pretend to be kind and understanding and cut their heads off as soon as they step forth in our group sessions, I suppose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naria
What is with the pushing of the liquor Valier? Want a few of us drunk do we? Hmmmm.
I must say that is the most sensible idea I heard so far. Loosen those tongues a little, for most people are still far too much on guard for me to trust anyone.

As to Gurthang’s idea, I find it neither wolvish nor insensible and definitely worth considering, though the Seer should get the final say in things, as ever. The only other person who seems to be using his brains is Kuruharan – immediately tripling his already outrageous prices - , though I doubt we’ll love him more for it.

((I fear I am not really caught up with everything, but am forced to leave anyway.))
Cailín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 12:20 AM   #91
Garin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Nilpaurion it is foolish to offer yourself to the noose, unless it is a bluff. I play a strange new game from the west named Pokr that you bring to mind.
Et tu, Alcarillo. Please don't ask for my murder without an explanation beyond 'gotta go.' We need reasons, we still have several hours and I want a wolf to die. It helps to have a reason on this so random of days.
I am done for now and seek the solace of Azaelia who should now be trembling and sweating and vulnerable from the lack of drink

Old 01-10-2006, 12:30 AM   #92
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
1420! [The Carnivore is hungry. It wants mutton!]

Quote:
Nilpaurion it is foolish to offer yourself to the noose, unless it is a bluff. I play a strange new game from the west named Pokr that you bring to mind. (Garin)
I have been like this ever since my first incarnation, lo all those ages before. It is too late to change. Welcome to my game, Herr Garin.
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 12:55 AM   #93
Garin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Shield

Quote:
I have been like this ever since my first incarnation, lo all those ages before. It is too late to change. Welcome to my game, Herr Garin.
(Nilpaurion)

Danke selbstmörderischer,
I hope we live to revel in the village's triumph over the lycans. You are probably too crazy to be guilty.
guten Nacht

Last edited by Garin; 01-10-2006 at 01:08 AM.
Old 01-10-2006, 01:31 AM   #94
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Narya

**Looking out the window of the town hall** There are still three of us missing: TGWBS, Gil-Galad and Lhuna I think that we should wait to hear from them before anyone else decides to make an "early vote". Hopefully soon though, the day is getting on.
Old 01-10-2006, 01:34 AM   #95
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

Alas that my delicious blueberry cheesecake is the last thing the dashing gentleman had ever eaten...sleep in peace, dear Formendacil.

My apologies, fellow villagers (and rotten lycans loitering around) for my late appearance, but yes, as Farael said, I do have timezones and it's such a malady. Too bad we don't have a doctor. Plus there have been a lot of orders for my famous forgetfulness potion-laden pizzas; no doubt this recent tragedy is to blame for that, but I certainly don't mind the inflow of cash.

That makes me miss Formendacil even more, for he mentored me in the arts of creating the perfect pizza...

But there's no time for me, indeed for all of us, to agonize over his death right now. What we all must do now is kill all these werewolves so our village could continue to survive.

However, it is apparent that on the first Day nothing substantial will be happening, and the events toDay normally make sense only after a few Days. There are not much real suspicions around either, for most are just based on the occupations. It will do us good to continue this kind of baseless finger-pointing, for in the Days to come they will reveal to us hopefully more than we thought they could. And also, we should keep our votes as scattered as possible, but not to the excess. Those who join large-scale bandwagons will surely be questioned the next Day, as well as those who vote for someone else when there already is a sufficient number of votees.

A rather confusing circumstance we are stuck in, is it not?

As for this Nilp guy, we have not much to lose if we lynch him. If he's a wolf, hooray for us. If he's a gifted, stupid of him for voting against himself. If he's an ordo, we have one less villager to worry about. Of course I would rather cast my vote against a known villain, but what do we all know right now? Except for the Seer (whoever they have dreamed of last Night), we're all completely clueless. (Oh, and of course, these dirty werewolves also know quite a lot of things.) Speaking of the Seer, I think it is best for them to stay hidden until whenever they deem the time is ripe, but it's their role and they'll do as they please.

I'll wait for some time and be back for my final words and a vote before returning to making pizzas, in honor of dear Formendacil. Pizza-making is a time-consuming task, you know.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 02:15 AM   #96
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Gurthang has just left Hobbiton.
Finally read it all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuruharan
I find Gurthang's silence in particular to be a little distressing. He normally has something that at least seems useful to say. However, at this point it doesn't necessarily mean anything. Just making a note for future reference.
Why thank you... I think. That seemed like a compliment... almost.

Quote:
Now what do you suggest of the apprentice, shall he come forth to the slaughter as well? Losing the seer so early would be a blunder since there are more gifteds an apprentice can replace. Let the wolves prey upon a random villager. We should not offer anyone upon a platter, just yet.
No, the Apprentice would take the Seer's place, but would remain silent (like a normal Seer). It'd be just as if we had only one Seer and no Apprentice, except we find a wolf for certain.

Quote:
Your idea of the gifteds becoming so vocal remind me of an old friend, long dead. I say a true seer can let his knowledge be known without baring his neck for the fangs of the filthy wolves.
Well, leaving hints does us no good if the only ones to spot them are the wolves. That would leave the Seer open for attack since the Ranger wouldn't catch the hint. I'm not sure hinting is the best. I really prefer an all or nothing approach. Either tell us you're the Seer and give us all your dreams, or don't do anything that would even make the wolves have the slightest inclination that you are the Seer.

Yet on the other hand, a Seer would be wise to leave clues that can only be found once we know who they are. That way if they die without telling us anything, we can look back and know who they dreamed of.

That may have seemed a bit contradictory, but I don't see it so. Don't make any hints that can be seen prior to your death, but maybe leave ones that can be found after the fact. Or simply come out and say it all straight up.

The only other thing that caught my attention was Eluchil's post(#67). It seemed rather back and forth to me, but that's not really enough to build a case on.

Garin is speaking quite a bit. I hope he doesn't try to become a leader in this village. We have many with great courage and good minds, let's not get sidetracked behind one person, as sometimes happens. (Unless that person is the Seer.)

As far as me being quiet, well, I prefer the slow and steady approach.
Old 01-10-2006, 02:40 AM   #97
Eluchíl
Animated Skeleton

Eluchíl has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farael
Eluchil - Points a finger against fingerpointing and then says she's not 'accusing anyone'... come on, if you have something to say, SAY IT
*talks as he's washing a few pitchers* For the record I'm quite male. But to the point, I wasn't pointing a finger, I was stating a maxim. I did say what I had to say, and I made my point. People who point fingers usually have something to hide. Period. Now, showing how other's are shady could be an attempt to throw people off your own trail. That is shady in of itself. Perhaps it's you that has an angle to work, eh? *rinses them off*
Eluchíl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 02:45 AM   #98
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

I guess it's my fault for letting myself be inflicted with this terrible timezones...

Very well. This is probably not the right thing to do - but really, who knows what is the right thing to do on the first Day? But since he proferred himself...

++NILPAURION FELAGUND

A reluctant bye-bye, all. Please try not to give the wolves too much entertainment.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 02:57 AM   #99
Eluchíl
Animated Skeleton

Eluchíl has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen
I guess it's my fault for letting myself be inflicted with this terrible timezones...

Very well. This is probably not the right thing to do - but really, who knows what is the right thing to do on the first Day? But since he proferred himself...

++NILPAURION FELAGUND

A reluctant bye-bye, all. Please try not to give the wolves too much entertainment.
Kind of quick on the trigger, aren't you? You didn't seem to think very hard on it. We are talking about men and women's lives here. Or maybe that doesn't mean anything to you...for some unknown reason...werewolf.

Eluchíl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 05:13 AM   #100
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Eye

Mwa ha ha ha ha ha ha! Yes, I expected that, Nilp.

What is very interesting is Lhunardawen's vote for Nilp. Timezones or no timezones, *heh heh* whatever those are, that looks a little suspicious to me.
Old 01-10-2006, 05:51 AM   #101
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
I see Nilp has made himself known. And it looks like we've heard from everyone except TGWBS now, I wonder where he's disappeared off too, resting from his eventful Night perhaps?

And 4 votes already:
Menel (Zali)
Garin (Alcarillo)
Nilp (Nilp and Lhuna)

And now master Kuru it appears I am not the only one 'probing' about the Seer, Gurthang has appeared with what I feel is quite a good idea. If the Seer knows about a wolf and has the chance to reveal it to us, without fear that the village would be left Seerless as the Apprentice can later take over and really without fear of death because the Ranger can protect two nights in a row it seems foolproof. But then, there is always some mightily clever person who gets round these foolproof plans, and if that person is a wolf then we have a problem.

The problem I'm having right now is that everyone looks innocent. I mean there are occupations and role related comments, but nothing that screams 'I'm a wolf!'. Even Nilp, who has offered himself up for lynching hasn't claimed to be a wolf, though with him that could be a suspicious move, so voting for him doesn't mean we're voting for a self-proclaimed wolf.
Old 01-10-2006, 06:49 AM   #102
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Silmaril

Everyone looks innocent? Oh, Kathkathkath...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eluchíl
Kind of quick on the trigger, aren't you? You didn't seem to think very hard on it. We are talking about men and women's lives here. Or maybe that doesn't mean anything to you...for some unknown reason...werewolf.
Indeed, Eluchil, it would probably be rather hard to come up with reasons against others if you were in fact the werewolf - suspicious, Lhunardwen.

Quote:
Amanaduial - Makes three pointless accusations in one speech and then makes a comment about it. Is he trying to cover his bases and pretending to be just 'randomly' calling names while trying to raise suspicion against innocent people?
Well, the opposite of Eluchil in the gender stakes but with the same confusion: I am quite firmly female, thanks As for the comment - I hardly think my accusations were entirely pointless. And even if they were, how is it that you've settled so firmly on my guilt, Farael, yet go as far as to make excuses for Cailin's innocence?! Looks like there's some sort of alliance here, and as I'm not sure what exactly a worm hunter would have to offer a kleptomanic of Cailin's standards - I don't mean to appear rude, but I've heard worm hunting really has to be a passion rather than being in any way a financially-fuelled occupation - this does look a little odd. And it is a little peculiar that, as was mentioned earlier, you were seen skulking around at night; Do the worms really come out at night, Farael? If so, it really is, sorry, would be a rather convenient job for...a werewolf.

I refuse to vote for Nilpaurion, simply on the grounds that he told us to - maybe this is some sort of elaborate double bluff, but I somehow doubt it. Besides, I'm hoping Alice may make an appearance, and she always makes interesting reading. Who knows what hidden secrets can appear in an argument between one man and his subconcious...

Although I agree with Kuruharan on some of his points - such as that which he brought up about whether in fact it is safe at all to sell any armour to potential wolves! - I must admit I am having some trouble with the oppurtunism displayed by both himself and Valier. Take this for example...

Quote:
Better and better. You’ll run out of hooch right quick now. Then I’ll be able to triple prices
Ah! Could this be an open declaration of wanting to get rid of another villager in order to make more money? A cloaked threat, or just a little healthy competition? Viva la thatcherism, or run for the hills?

Quote:
And when it utterly refuses to penetrate the wolvish skin (or fur for that matter) you will see the error of your ways
You mean, Kuru, that....that you would consider it to be wrong or foolish to try to kill a wolf?!

Alright, that's it...

++KURUHARAN

(Mainly because I won't be able to make a post probably for the rest of the day, sorry...)
Old 01-10-2006, 06:57 AM   #103
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Tolkien

I hoped I should never say this, but I agree with Gurthang.

If the seer gets a wolf and we lock it in a cage, then we have a source that can tell the new seer who's who. If he does not tell then we risk him/her beeing killed by a mistake and that would leave us without a clue.

Before you get all crazy about it then remember that it is only if he/she gets a wolf in one of the first nights.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 07:36 AM   #104
Garin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Shield

Quote:
Garin is speaking quite a bit. I hope he doesn't try to become a leader in this village. We have many with great courage and good minds, let's not get sidetracked behind one person, as sometimes happens.
Gurthang, I know all too well that my inexperience precludes me from any leadership role. I have neither made any blatant accusations or put forth tactics as you have. I am simply taking advantage of the fact that I currently have time to enter into the village dialogue, for in the future I won't be so fortunate. Besides, look at the miniscule amount of posts I've actually made. I'm just trying to catch up.
Any true and honest leader will be wolf fodder before too long, so count me out. Just want to establish myself as an active member of the village.

Old 01-10-2006, 07:58 AM   #105
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
White Tree Ordinary Pride

Sorry guys, my brother was on the computer for 6 hours doing his University work, i had no chance to get on, but i'm here now

now what i find most suspicous is Nilp's post.... could be a double-bluff...not sure...but i find him most suspicous(sorry nilp) and therefore, i most vote now for i will not have another chance, so therefore i must vote

++Nilpaurion Felagund

and it will be a shame if i voted wrong...

also, this is very cobbler-esque, and if Nilp was the cobbler, i wouldn't be surprised if he ran out on the first night... cause Nilp was just crazy like that
Old 01-10-2006, 08:10 AM   #106
malkatoj
Wight

malkatoj has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to malkatoj
Pipe

As I'm a student and in school and probably won't be back in time to vote later today, I feel like I should get it out of the way now.

++NILPAURION FELAGUND

Simply because he's sticking his neck out more than anyone else. We have little to go on, knowing only one kill and that llama is the mod, so it doesn't tell us anything about the wolves. Based on that, Nilp is the only one who stands out at all. He may be innocent, just as likely as anyone else, but I've got a strange feeling about him.

Last edited by malkatoj; 01-10-2006 at 08:11 AM. Reason: cross-posted with Gil-Galad
malkatoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 08:10 AM   #107
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Lynch me. I'm serious. Do it or else I shall be forced to do the unthinkable and vote for myself. You don't believe me? Fine!

++Nilpaurion Felagund
How dreadfully selfish of you to start being all suicidal at a time like this! *sobs* Do you even care about the rest of us? Do you?!

Then again, this was not wholly unexpected. I’d advise everyone not to vote for Nilp, since his dead will tell us naught and by the by, he is just an attention-seeker, really. Moreover, we might be able to squeeze some sense out of one of his personalities before the end, so I vote for keeping him around for a little while longer.

Quote:
**Looking out the window of the town hall** There are still three of us missing: TGWBS, Gil-Galad and Lhuna I think that we should wait to hear from them before anyone else decides to make an "early vote". Hopefully soon though, the day is getting on.
Why, TGWBS has been awfully and uncharacteristically quiet. No wonder his name was forgotten, I’d say. However, I doubt he is guilty, he probably merely forgot he had a place to be today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhuna

++NILPAURION FELAGUND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhuna, somewhat earlier
As for this Nilp guy, we have not much to lose if we lynch him. If he's a wolf, hooray for us. If he's a gifted, stupid of him for voting against himself. If he's an ordo, we have one less villager to worry about.
If he turns out to be important though, I shall have to kill him again personally.

I agree Lhuna’s vote is rather easy, almost suspiciously easy. A vote for Nilp so early in the day would seem safe, since he has literally asked for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
The problem I'm having right now is that everyone looks innocent. I mean there are occupations and role related comments, but nothing that screams 'I'm a wolf!'.
Why you just screamed it yourself, dear. Are you having trouble concealing your identity? Forced to let it out in a roundabout way?

As to Garin, who is trying to be so helpful and ‘establishing himself as an active member’, I find your behaviour quite suspicious. You claim you do not wish to assume the role of a leader, and yet your actions speak differently. I catch you trying to steer the discussion in a certain direction and you’re definitely not as idiotic as you’d wish us to believe. You cannot have all the good and none of the bad – those who wish to be active must also claim responsibility for what they say and actually your inexperience does not vouch for your innocence at all. As a loudmouth, you cannot stay out of shot. So be careful how much value you place on your own life. Better to die in service of the village than live and never find out anything at all. Though there are some less noble people who might disagree with me on that.

There are already votes for 4 people so early in the day – and no less than 6 people have voted!

Azaelia voted Menel – giving no other reason than that Menel is creepy, which we all can see and is fair no doubt.
Alcarillo voted Garin – with hardly a reason at all but probably based on the feeling I tried to describe above.
Nilpaurion and Lhuna both voted for Nilp.
Amanaduial voted for Kuruharan – without any other reason than Kuruharan being the most unsympathetic inhabitant of our little village. Still fair.
Gil-Galad also voted for Nilp.

Well, things are looking bad for our residential suicidal maniac. If I had to vote now, I'd prefer to cast my vote for Lhuna, who is basically the only one who really alarmed me as of yet. I’m not inclined to vote for any of the people who have gathered votes so far, but it is still early and who knows what may yet happen.

Edit: crossposted with Malkatoj
Old 01-10-2006, 09:45 AM   #108
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Now that Gurthang has appeared, I feel a little bit better on that score.

Quote:
And now master Kuru it appears I am not the only one 'probing' about the Seer, Gurthang has appeared with what I feel is quite a good idea.
Shockingly, I agree. I’d forgotten about the Apprentice (I should fix up a little scorecard for myself with the rules changes). If the Seer does find a wolf, they should reveal it. Unfortunately, the trick is guessing the correct individual to dream about.

Quote:
Could this be an open declaration of wanting to get rid of another villager in order to make more money?
Silly. I want there to be as many villagers as possible. That equals more potential customers. More potential customers equals more potential money.

Quote:
that you would consider it to be wrong or foolish to try to kill a wolf?!
No. I mean it would be both wrong and foolish to try to kill a werewolf with a worm-hunting knife (of non-dwarven manufacture).

I’m not sure I at all approve of this lynch Nilpaurion bandwagon that has suddenly blown up. I’m not sure killing him will tell anybody about anything (unless, of course, he does turn out to be a wolf). I probably will not be voting for him myself.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:06 AM   #109
Garin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Shield

Posted by Gil:
Quote:
also, this is very cobbler-esque, and if Nilp was the cobbler, i wouldn't be surprised if he ran out on the first night... cause Nilp was just crazy like that
If he is a cobbler he is not playing his role very well.
Posted by Cailin:
Quote:
Then again, this was not wholly unexpected. I’d advise everyone not to vote for Nilp, since his dead will tell us naught and by the by, he is just an attention-seeker, really. Moreover, we might be able to squeeze some sense out of one of his personalities before the end, so I vote for keeping him around for a little while longer.
I tend to agree on this point.
Quote:
You claim you do not wish to assume the role of a leader, and yet your actions speak differently. I catch you trying to steer the discussion in a certain direction and you’re definitely not as idiotic as you’d wish us to believe.
I stand by my previous statement. I can try to silence a bit but then that would be viewed as suspicious, wouldn't it? By being vocal, I'm literally sticking my neck out. That is why I have such disdain for the silent and am glad so many explain the reasons for being periodically absent.
As for the seer/apprentice situation I am beginning to be swayed towards the idea the more I think about it. So is that suspicious?
I doubt I will cast a retribution vote against Alcarillo. I hold no ill regard towards Cailin although some have already cast suspicion upon he/she in previous posts. I will save my vote for later. Again sticking my neck out. Because early votes can be dismissed as random while later votes can be seen as agenda driven.
Edit: Originally called Cailin a he but that seemed to remember him being a she. I wished they posted sex on public profiles. No, not that kind of sex.

Last edited by Garin; 01-10-2006 at 10:20 AM.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:06 AM   #110
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eluchíl
Why, aren't we a little jumpy... I would think it is the lack of experience in these deals talking but tonight I have nothing better to go on and I am afraid I must cast my vote early to make sure I get a vote casted.

The Nilp growing bandwagon is a bad idea. Even if the guy is really guilty I would let him live at least another night and keep an eye on him, as should he be innocent any votes against him will say very little. But it is up to you fellow villagers what you do with your votes. Right now, I chose to go with the one my gut tells me is most likely to be guilty. I may be wrong, but I don't think

++Eluchil

sounds quite alright.

I have to go now, and I may or may not be around later. We will see.... think hard and vote smart my friends.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:22 AM   #111
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Farael - your vote is all well and good but how can you stop a bandwagon by simply adding new names to the already extended group of possible lynchees today? I mean - everyone should vote for the one he deems most suspicious, but it is hardly helpful to all vote for someone else, thus making it easy for wolves to vote wolf on wolf.

Quote:
I stand by my previous statement. I can try to silence a bit but then that would be viewed as suspicious, wouldn't it? By being vocal, I'm literally sticking my neck out. That is why I have such disdain for the silent and am glad so many explain the reasons for being periodically absent.
I have no wish for you to silence a bit. I just wish to hear more pointed, instead of just general statements, which give you the appearance of being vocal without risking anything.

Quote:
As for the seer/apprentice situation I am beginning to be swayed towards the idea the more I think about it. So is that suspicious?
No. I think we basically all agree it is a sensible idea. By killing a wolf we'd have a good, reliable replacement when the Seer can no longer appeal to dead Formendacil and with the Apprentice and the Ranger being able to guard the Seer two nights in a row, I think this way we shall make the most use of our Seer as is possible.

Quote:
I doubt I will cast a retribution vote against Alcarillo. I hold no ill regard towards Cailin although some have already cast suspicion upon him in previous posts.
It's her, thank you very much. ((I wonder why people always assume I am male, when my name could not be more girlish...)). I am glad there are no ill feelings, for I merely meant to illustrate how suspicion might go towards you.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:28 AM   #112
Garin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
It's her, thank you very much.
Please see that I caught my mistake earlier and added an edit. My apologies.

Old 01-10-2006, 10:44 AM   #113
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Well Cailin, I never said I was trying to stop the bandwagon, I only said I did not want to join it. And we have had only three people voted (besides Nilp) so I don't think the votes are too spread out just yet. Eluchil didn't sound quite right to me so I voted him. Feel free not to follow my instincts.

Having that said, I'd like to add another bit of a tidbit in favour of the seer coming forward if he gets a wolf on the first few nights. After we lynch the wolf, the seer should be able to ask him (or her) about someone, and therefore know at the very least, an innocent for sure. If we are lucky we'd get another wolf. And then, the ranger can protect our seer at least the night after we get the wolf... and another night if we get lucky and nail yet another wolf on the second night. But it all depends on the Seer finding a wolf in the first few nights. For the time being, we should try to help the seer by nailing a wolf by our own devices!
Old 01-10-2006, 10:46 AM   #114
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
I'm here!

Apologies for my lateness, villagefolk, I was unfortunately occupied with my books, and then out of the village to see the nearest toothtinkler.

Now, there are many villagers amongst us. Twenty in fact. And nineteen of us are guilty of something or other - only I have managed to live a life of pristine perfection and purity, pursuing the practice of hat-cobbling for the people. And no, that doesn't mean I'm the cobbler. Stop reading into things so much. Sheesh.

Fine, I'll be serious. One of us is dead, after all, Eru rest his soul.

I would like to declare myself openly hostile to all those those trying to kill Nilp. Nilp is Nilp. Is Nilp. Is suicidal. Got it?

Out of all those foolish enough to do so, I am most suspicious of Gil-Galad, for reasons obvious enough.

I would also like to declare my suspicions of Kath, we all know what a lying little sneak she is.
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 01:26 PM   #115
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Narya Tgwbs

My, my aren't we a little bold. It seems to be a bit abrupt to be away from the meeting for so long and come in with tail feathers all ruffled. Why are you so defensive for Nilp? I'm not accusing you of anything,but it seems to me like you are trying to keep us away from something you may know...hmmm like a wolf maybe.

That being said I will cast my vote:
++ Nilpaurion Felagund

It is a little more than suspicious to me for him to be jumping into the fire like he did.
Old 01-10-2006, 01:38 PM   #116
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
It seems to me like we are about to give the wolves a great start. . .

Naria do you really think it is going to help us find them if we all vote for the same person for no other reason than him beeing him self. If Nilp turns out to be a wolf then it is great, but if he is not and (I dont think he is) It will be real hard to find a wolf.

I guess I will be voting either:

Naria
Malkatoj
Gíl-Galad

I have left Luhna out for now because she was the first to vote for Nilp (not counting him self)and because she tend to get annoyed by people acting like Nilp.

Last edited by Rune Son of Bjarne; 01-10-2006 at 01:40 PM. Reason: replacing a word with wolf
Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 02:02 PM   #117
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

Hee hee hee, I thought we might have a Nilpaurion Felagund bandwagon on our hands. And, ha ha, I was right! Now we finally have something to go on, as wolves often turn up in bandwagons.

Of Lhunardawen, Gil-Galad, malkatoj, and Naria, I'm pretty sure at least one of you is up to no good. I'm thinking that Lhuna or Gil-Galad is most likely to be the wolf here, as they probably should have recognized that Nilp was just being himself.

Of those two, Lhuna is probably going to get my vote due to the fact that Gil-Galad is just Gil-Galad, and is therefore likely to be somewhat unusual at times.

However, I'll wait for another hour or so before deciding.... *heh heh*

Last edited by Meneltarmacil; 01-10-2006 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Misspelled "probably"
Meneltarmacil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 02:03 PM   #118
Garin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Shield

Posted by Farael
Quote:
I shall be looking at you, my friends, and I hope you forgive me if I ever suspect the wrong person.
Forgive me but this could be translated as "If my voting pattern looks guilty please ignore it."

Posted by Gil-Gilad
Quote:
and it will be a shame if i voted wrong...
It certainly will be. I question anyone who voted for Nilp because it is an easy vote, and might be an attempt to stay in the shadows with the excuse, "Well, he wanted to die." I doubt Nilp to be a wolf or a gifted. He better not be a gifted, at least.

I am up busy cleaning out the stables because Kath didn't show up to help with the manure, that being her specialty. I will be quiet up until a half hour before the deadline.

Old 01-10-2006, 02:06 PM   #119
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
To all newbies, the thing about Nilp is that he frequently and consistently votes for himself whatever he is. His alter egos sometimes pop in to try and stop him but mostly he just gets himself lynched, it's a thing of his. However, unlike TGWBS who seems to believe him innocent and so suspects those who vote for him (possible alliance?) I am quite prepared to believe that he could be a wolf.

I said earlier that no one seemed to be screaming 'I'm a wolf' (nice pick up there Cailin but even I'm not that stupid), now here we have someone willing to be lynched. All we have to decide is whether it is some elaborate bluff. However, we won't know that until the fellow is dead.

Bandwagoning always leads to accusations the next day but hey, we've nothing better to go on yet. Unless the situation changes dramatically in the next few hours I will grant the insane man his wish and help to lynch him. If he is an innocent then so be it. We'll have rid the village of a certain source of confusion. If he is a wolf then fantastic! Let's hope they all do it.

However, I wouldn't hold anyone who has voted for Nilp in suspicion much, as most people are likely just confused and want to find out what's going on. Hmm, except maybe malkatoj - a funny feeling about him? Sounds like a half baked reason that's been pretty hastily cobbled together due to time contsraints.

As for other suspicions, that against Lhuna for her quick vote for Nilp seems a little odd. She has the same timezone difficulties as him so it is unsurprising, and it seems she only had time for one post ergo the early vote for the only person who has thus far given any cause to lynch him. So Cailin, any other reasons for suspecting the girl? Or was it a first day random accusation?

In fact Cailin has come to my attention a few times while reading through this thread. Very quick to accuse but is hanging back on a vote. Thing is that everything she says makes perfect sense and is exactly what I'm thinking (which is why it's driving me nuts and making me suspicious of her).

Oh well. We've had 9 votes now I think and only 5 of them are for Nilp. If people are serious about stopping this bandwagon (Farael) they might do well to decide on one other person to vote for, as they might just tip the balance. However I should say now that without some seriously good evidence against someone else, my vote will go to Nilp.
Old 01-10-2006, 02:10 PM   #120
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

Quote:
hastily cobbled together
Heh heh heh. Something you're trying to say there, Kath?

Last edited by Meneltarmacil; 01-10-2006 at 02:15 PM. Reason: added something, then deleted it since I'm not supposed to be adding extra stuff. Sorry.
Meneltarmacil is offline   Reply With Quote