Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2002, 12:02 PM   #41
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Bethberry - no real impact.

The gregarious Holly is simply chatting up and sizing up her new fellow travellers. My posts can simply reflect my meeting Poppy after you have greeted her.

[ November 17, 2002: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 11-17-2002, 12:08 PM   #42
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Bethberry and Pio--

Check your pms.

Bethberry--BTW, you can imagine the scene with Brandir any way you please. The one where he asks if Bethberry will keep an eye on his sister. You'll have no trouble spotting her after the description--a mop of red curls, freckles and green eyes. She is described as uncommonly pretty! (I've always wanted to do that.)

Pio -- I will respond to Holly as soon as Bethberry does the introduction post which is reserved several spaces back.

sharon

[ November 17, 2002: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 11-17-2002, 12:10 PM   #43
Gandalf_theGrey
Visionary Spirit

Gandalf_theGrey has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

All:

Am here and ready to depart Sarn Ford for Tharbad. Methinks it would suit the storyline best, though, to wait to post as Gandalf until after the meeting of Andreth and Bethberry.

Ghost Characters:

When the time is right, I'll send you PMs regarding what's happening with the three prisoners whom the Orcs brought. So far, I've only told Birdland, who's playing the Butler character and is in cahoots with the Orcs. The first post by Calimiel should be done by me to get the ball rolling. All other ghost characters can now logically start becoming suspicious about the strange goings-on, because you can't long keep a secret like three prisoners from ghosts. (Prisoners get hungry and need food and drink, for one thing.) The prisoners consist of one male and two females of the race of Men. Maladil remains in his own little world and will be no help to any Castle ghost with any questions about the situation.

Gandalf the Grey

[ November 17, 2002: Message edited by: Gandalf_theGrey ]
Old 11-17-2002, 12:35 PM   #44
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Pat--

That sounds fine about tagging onto my post. Feel free to use that whenever you need. It does give a little extra flexibility.

I think Bethberry is busy at the moment with family things so her post will not come till later.

We are going out to the Tropical Rain Forest for my son's birthday so will also be gone this afternoon and so can't respond till tonight at the earliest. Enjoy the movie, and let me know what you think. I promised to wait till Hanukakah for mine!
Old 11-17-2002, 05:18 PM   #45
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Birdland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Vanima - read the post just above yours. Birdie is settin' in a tree, and is not available for conversations. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Gandalf - I hope my second Butler post is suitable. If not, let me know.
Old 11-17-2002, 08:59 PM   #46
Gandalf_theGrey
Visionary Spirit

Sting

Birdland:

As to the suitability of the second Butler post ... well, I was kinda hoping that at least the good Company setting out from Sarn Ford would be able to reach the Castle before the curse is lifted. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Also, before the Butler can succeed at any attempts to lift the curse, since such actions are incredibly far-reaching, you'd have to let me know via PM which action(s) the Butler is attempting to take, and then my guess is that it would take much dice-rolling behind the scenes to determine the outcome(s) of the Butler's actions ... of course, the dice only being one part of the equation ... the other part being the storyline as a whole and the participation of the other gamers / story-collaborators. That said, the post to my mind can stand as it is, ... but whether the post have teeth or be wistful thinking on the Butler's part, time will tell the tale.

VanimaEdhel:

Many thanks for posting the Enya song in Elvish form! It's a nice touch in adding atmosphere. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Susan Delgado:

Anna as a ghost of the race of Men adds quite a lot of personable color to Castle Maladil. It will be interesting to see what becomes of her friendship to Calimiel. Please accept this as a belated "Welcome Aboard!" * bows * [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Elenna:

Good to have another healer like Eirian Silversong in the group, and as an added bonus, she doubles as a minstrel. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Belin:

Celumëomaryu the Elvish ghost, another who adds a resounding depth to the Castle. She'll soon be facing quite a moral dilemma, methinks. Please accept this as a belated "Welcome Aboard!" * bows * [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

~~ Gandalf the Grey
Old 11-17-2002, 09:42 PM   #47
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots

Gandalf and All,

I have edited my first post to include a reminded of the meeting with Strider from On Patrol where he made Bethberry an Honorary Ranger and a reference to the gift of the pendant. I also added references to my falcon, Wyrd.

And I'm wishing I had Riverdance with me. I just might go to the stables and check with Aylwen's character about Avis Rent-a-horse. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Bethberry
Old 11-17-2002, 09:58 PM   #48
tangerine
Haunting Spirit

tangerine has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I just thought that I should cite my lyrics here as being fromMary Jane Lamond's Gaelic lyrics.
Old 11-17-2002, 10:28 PM   #49
Anglachel
Animated Skeleton

Anglachel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hi GtG,

I guess I'm behind the times again. Check your PMs please.

[ November 17, 2002: Message edited by: Anglachel ]
Old 11-17-2002, 10:43 PM   #50
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

I responded to your collision post. Is there a problem with the order of the posts? Wasn't Poppy involved in the collision? Yet a few spaces above me, I think she's with the horses. Should you cut and paste my post and put it immediately below yours? Then just put the heading Child's post?

BTW, hi Poppy. Sorry I smashed you. My character has had lots of hobbit friends, since she's from Bree.

It's hard to keep things straight on the weekends, because we tend not to post as quickly. I will do whatever you suggest.

sharon
Old 11-18-2002, 12:38 AM   #51
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Sharon and Bethberry

I saw you ask Bethberry to cut and paste your tumble response post - I went ahead and did it for you on to one of mine.

It now directly follows Bethberry's lead in to it.

Sharon - you can delete your duplicate later post.

[ November 18, 2002: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 11-18-2002, 01:36 AM   #52
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Thank you! sharon
Old 11-18-2002, 06:59 AM   #53
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Elenna has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Elenna
Silmaril

I shall be meeting you soon, everyone. RL pressures have kept me from your sides.
Old 11-19-2002, 01:40 AM   #54
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

Susan Delgado has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Susan Delgado Send a message via AIM to Susan Delgado
The Eye

Credit for Anna's song is Dan Fogelberg from his album The Innocent Age
Old 11-19-2002, 11:30 AM   #55
Gandalf_theGrey
Visionary Spirit

Sting

Vanima Edhel:

Please go back and edit the post you made on November 17, 2002 05:26 PM to remove the parts about Estelarion talking to Birdland. Your characters Menedluliniel and Estelarion don't know that Birdland's around, they can't see Birdland, and they certainly can't have a discussion with Birdland.

Remember to read carefully and pay attention to what your fellow story-collaborators are saying in their posts.

Gandalf the Grey
Old 11-19-2002, 02:43 PM   #56
Rimbaud
The Perilous Poet

Rimbaud has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Welcome to Gondor. Since this is a well-managed thread with an experienced Game Founder, it belongs here. I would appreciate those of you on the List of Gondor checking in at the Inn, when it is complete.

Rimbaud

PS Gandalf, I would like to meet with you in chat, or discuss over PM, the length (and other factors) of the RPG (and how I can help), as something of a formality and admin check-up.

[ November 19, 2002: Message edited by: Rimbaud ]
Old 11-19-2002, 04:34 PM   #57
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

Sorry! Haven't had time to come on in a while (so...much...homework...on...Mondays). Okay, Gandalf. I'll go do that right now. Must have had a brief senior moment...I knew I was not supposed to know it today, but somehow I didn't then...

[ November 19, 2002: Message edited by: VanimaEdhel ]
Old 11-19-2002, 08:53 PM   #58
Gandalf_theGrey
Visionary Spirit

Sting

TWO STORY NOTES, WITH OTHER INDIVIDUAL PERSONAL NOTES TO FOLLOW:

1) Bethberry has flown out West for family reasons. During her absence, I will be carrying her character.

2) Rooms and Structure of Castle Maladil

Susan Delgado has in her posts mentioned that Castle Maladil has a third floor. This reminds me of the French Castle located in Youngstown, NY at Old Fort Niagara ... (Oddly enough, this real castle, which I've had the pleasure of visiting for historical reenactment purposes, is said to be haunted too. Something about a soldier having been thrown down a well, perhaps with his head cut off). Let's officially go with Castle Maladil having three above-ground floors. Meanwhile, I'm currently working on putting together information describing various rooms in the Castle and already have a list of quite a number of rooms. If you are a Castle ghost and want to have some input into what a room looks like, please contact me via PM with your suggestions.

tangerine and Susan Delgado:

Thanks for posting lyrics of such evocative poignance. * bows *

Anglachel:

Good greetings to one whom I was glad to know before "sailing West" to the Barrow Downs, and am still glad to know ... I will respond soon to your kind PM.

Rimbaud:

Glad we could meet in chat, if only briefly. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

VanimaEdhel:

Thank you for editing your post!

[ November 19, 2002: Message edited by: Gandalf_theGrey ]
Old 11-20-2002, 12:54 AM   #59
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Pio -- Andreth is addressing you. Please check your pms.

sharon

[ November 20, 2002: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 11-20-2002, 01:44 AM   #60
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Birdland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
She'd noticed her once early on at the Inn, but had been afraid to approach because of that crotchety-looking woman who'd stood close to her, staring down her nose at Andreth. But the ill-natured woman was evidently gone.
"Crotchety"? "Crotchety"! I'll give you "crotchety"...(Birdie give Andreth a dose of the same medicine she gave Holly.)

Gandalf - Conflict: COOL! "Volondil!" screams Birdie, "err...I mean: Oh look. A Ranger has fallen in a hole. Perhaps we should rescue him."
Old 11-20-2002, 11:48 AM   #61
*Varda*
Maiden of Tears

*Varda* has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to *Varda*
Sting

Nice twist *wonders how she can post now her character is unconscious....*

[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Varda
Old 11-20-2002, 01:38 PM   #62
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Pio

Andreth's conversation with you was interrupted by a slight disaster! And I am afraid my character has no rope.

sharon
Old 11-21-2002, 05:31 PM   #63
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

Varda: you can have a dream or something maybe...an interesting dream that can post for a good story as we continue on our journey!

And Menelduliniel is about to show one of her many, many flaws...
Old 11-21-2002, 06:13 PM   #64
Gandalf_theGrey
Visionary Spirit

Sting

Various and Sundry Bits of Business

1) Story's flowing along very nicely; with everyone participating here contributing in a worthy manner, bringing in their character(s) at the right time and place. The action's now progressed to a point where I'll soon make another post ... hopefully tonight. Thanks for the patience you've shown in the meantime, especially Varda! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

2) tangerine who's playing the part of the Bard Hinura has informed me that she'll need to be absent today through Sunday. Here's wishing her well while she's away and looking forward to her return.

3) This RPG strikes me as different than others I've been in, due to the fact that a lot of collaboration is happening out of sight and behind the scenes in PMs, the better to prepare for upcoming story situations / conflicts in a way that maintains suspense, surprise, and mystery. I've asked several of you to keep secret(s) of various sorts ... thanks to everyone for your help in this, it should really pay off well down the road! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Gandalf the Grey
Old 11-21-2002, 11:41 PM   #65
Gandalf_theGrey
Visionary Spirit

Sting

QUESTIONS OPEN TO INTERPRETATION:

1) Would anyone like to volunteer to throw down cloth into the hole when Bethberry urges Estelarion to use any available cloth to staunch the bleeding of Poppy and Volondil? If so, please let me know and I can go back and edit my post accordingly.

2) Poppy Took can regain consciousness but will be pale and weak. The gash in her leg is a seriously deep wound, so she'll by no means be back to normal just yet.

3) As to Volondil's condition, he's borderline conscious. His condition will be one issue I bring up in a PM which I shall soon send to piosenniel.

BTW, giving credit where credit is due, I've borrowed Bethberry's healing methods nearly word for word from an earlier post made by Bethberry in an RPG from a different Tolkien forum. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Gandalf the Grey
Old 11-22-2002, 01:25 AM   #66
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

My character Andreth is wearing voluminous skirts and underskirts. She will be glad to deposit several of these in the hole.

Also, if it is any help at all, Andreth has a horse Whinney who is presently carrying her packs and belongings. Whinney is slow and steady, and of a very placid disposition. The girl is more than willing to let Poppy ride the horse, and carry her own belongings, if that will help matters.

sharon

[ November 22, 2002: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 11-22-2002, 02:09 AM   #67
Gandalf_theGrey
Visionary Spirit

Sting

sharon:

Many thanks, your offer of Andreth's help is gratefully accepted regarding the extra material from voluminous skirts and underskirts. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] If you prefer to write that up yourself rather than (or in combination with) me editing my post, please feel free to handle the writing in the way most comfortable to you.

As for Andreth offering to let Poppy ride her horse Whinney for awhile, we'll soon see how Poppy feels, methinks!

* bows *

Gandalf the Grey
Old 11-22-2002, 02:47 AM   #68
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Gandalf,

I would be much obliged if you would handle the cloth as an edit. I will add Andreth's reflections after that and her offer of a horse, which Gandalf will respond to in the same way as he did in the discussion thread.

sharon
Old 11-22-2002, 02:04 PM   #69
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots

Thank you,Gandalf, for carrying Bethberry for me. I suspect I won't have even this limited access for the next while.

Bethberry
Old 11-22-2002, 08:49 PM   #70
Gandalf_theGrey
Visionary Spirit

Sting

Bethberry:

Anything I can do to help. * bows * Take care, my friend.

sharon:

The edit regarding Andreth contributing cloth to the cause of the rescue from the pit has been made, as you wished. Am now awaiting Andreth's reflections and offer of her horse. * bows * Please feel welcome to suggest edits to my edit if you see possibilities in the wording that I may've missed.

(Today has been crazy with a painter deciding to not only touch up a tiny bit of water-damaged closet, but going all out and redoing an entire living room wall and portion of ceiling! Thus I was posting while under the influence of white paint fumes, a bedroom and living room torn up as if Orcs had tramped through, and no lunch!)

Gandalf the Grey
Old 11-23-2002, 01:15 PM   #71
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

BIRD

Get your wings a'flapping! Holly needs her supplies replenished if she's to save the sweet Volondil. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Take Peri with you - and while you're out, find us some firewood - we're going to need to stay put for a couple of days while he mends enough to travel.
Old 11-23-2002, 06:30 PM   #72
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Pio,

Please take a look at Andreth's response which comes right after your post. She's made an offer to help with transport, or stay herself and build a stretcher/sledge.

Since Holly is a small hobbit, she might need some help lifting such a heavy ranger. Of course, you potentially have Bird, but I don' know that.

sharon
Old 11-24-2002, 01:18 AM   #73
Gandalf_theGrey
Visionary Spirit

Sting

Of Moss-Gathering and Kings- "Foiled Again," or "A Pun Close to Hand is Worth Two Bird(lands) in the Bush" [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Keeping track of details:

Early in the morning (or perhaps even middle night) before the company set out from Sarn Ford, Bethberry foraged for borage aka kingsfoil near an elderberry bush (plus she's carrying a pouchful given her by Strider way back in the "On Patrol" RPG.)

Still, Bird does well to go in search of more kingsfoil, it's definitely a worthwhile way for her to spend her time.

As for the moss, better still that Bird gather a supply!

For while Bethberry gathered moss in her hair during her moonlight harvest, I do not perceive that Bethberry has brought any moss with her ... plus, we all know that it's really Old Tom who's referred to as the Bombadil moss-gatherer, eh? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Gandalf the Grey
Old 11-24-2002, 08:32 AM   #74
TheLadyAerowen
Haunting Spirit

TheLadyAerowen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to TheLadyAerowen
Silmaril

I realise I haven't posted in the discussion thread a bit..lol But I do read everything and all.

But now, since we have three people injured, and some going out and looking for healing herbs, I take it we are probably going to set up camp soon?
Old 11-24-2002, 01:51 PM   #75
Gandalf_theGrey
Visionary Spirit

Sting

Excellent point, Lady Aerowen! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I've gone back and edited my most recent post to reflect your ideas.

* bows *

Gandalf the Grey
Old 11-24-2002, 04:39 PM   #76
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

Will you let me know when time has started again? Because I had a post written out, then I went back to review before I posted it and realized that you failed to start time again, as I thought you had. I saved the post for when time has once again resumed, so it will not be lost, but...just let us know when you have started time again, Gandalf!
Old 11-24-2002, 05:05 PM   #77
Gandalf_theGrey
Visionary Spirit

Sting

Your wish is my command, Vanima Edhel: [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Time has started again.

* bows *

Gandalf the Grey
Old 11-25-2002, 06:13 PM   #78
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

*Curtsies back, then can't resist herself and gives Gandalf a biiiiig hug.*

I thank you Gandalf! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

And, I really thought the post was better for where we were yesterday, so I edited it to make it better for today.
Old 11-26-2002, 11:06 PM   #79
TheLadyAerowen
Haunting Spirit

TheLadyAerowen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to TheLadyAerowen
Silmaril

Well my friends, I'm going to be heading off for a few days on a trip. Thus, I will not be able to post for at least two days. (I dont know if the computer at the other place works) But, as I told Gandalf, I don't mind if you must use my character, or horse. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Be back soon! And all of you have a nice Thanksgiving (if you celebrate it, that is) lol

~ The Lady Aerowen
Old 11-27-2002, 12:15 AM   #80
Gandalf_theGrey
Visionary Spirit

Sting

Vanima Edhel:

* returns your hug * You're quite welcome, my friend.

Lady Aerowen:

Enjoy your holiday!

All:

Firstly, Happy Thanksgiving! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Secondly, I'm travelling this week as well. At the moment, I'm using a borrowed computer. Since I time-share the computer at this location, it's likely that I will have some computer access at night. However, what with holiday visiting, I can't count on being around regularly this week. And when I stay overnight Thursday with a different relative, I'll probably have no computer access at all for a day or two. I plan to return to my normal computer Sunday night.

Gandalf the Grey