User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2004, 02:53 PM   #241
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Good idea -

I can put the Saves on now if you want (I'm free until I have to go to work in 2 hours.

Let me also PM Tara - I think it would be cool if she put her own post on last.

Sound OK?
Old 02-24-2004, 04:11 PM   #242
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Tara

We'd like to have your last post you did be the last post for the game. So, could you move it - post it below SAVE 5 on the Game Thread. (Then just go ahead and delete the post space where you originally put it.)

Everyone else can post their good-bye posts on the Discussion Thread and either Child or I can put them on the Game Thread.

Sound OK?

~*~ Pio
Old 02-24-2004, 05:33 PM   #243
Chathol-linn
Animated Skeleton

Chathol-linn has just left Hobbiton.
A last post for Harald

Hello, Pio, Cami and all. I like the way this is winding up. Can I put in a last post for Harald? Something like this:

Harald watched the big wagons roll out. They did not carry fearsome enemies but hopeful friends. Their common interests were plain. Already he could see Telien consulting with Lotar and Guthwine about a future strengthening of the guard. The lads and lasses of both communities could contribute to the effort, because, as Guthwine had pointed out, sometimes swords were called for.

“I must be sure to reward Andreth and Lilac,” he said to Dantha, who stood nearby.

“Yes,” said she. “Lilac knows whereof she speaks.”

“And Missus Andreth showed her quality above and beyond the suspicions she rightly held,” said Harald. “She may never get over the death of her husband, but she has healed some nevertheless.”

“Speaking of changing and such, the Mayor has grown some too since the first days of autumn,” Dantha said, smiling. “Not to mention Telien. You both take your jobs seriously now.”

“I take more than that seriously,” replied Harald, taking her hand. “I take you seriously, and I have a very serious question to ask you.”

“Harald, is it what I think?” Dantha turned as pink as a rose, and she clasped his hand between her own, and kissed it.

“Perhaps, but first I must tell you something….”

“A confession?” Dantha swallowed hard.

“Well, yes, but it is not my own confession. Ahem, well.” Around them, the rumble of the wagons faded away, and people Big and Little edged away also – a bit.

“Your kindness to Willofain has not gone unnoticed. Remember when you said she reminds you of someone? A few years ago Mum went to our kin in the east – it was before the Troubles started – and she liked it so much, she said, that she stayed the whole year. Turns out, she had…well, in short, I think Willofain is my little sister.”

Dantha said nothing.

Harald dropped to his knee in front of the whole town. “I love you, Dantha, I ask you to be my wife. And I love the little one too. Can we make her a part of the family we shall have?” Then suddenly Harald ran out of breath and he could not have uttered another word for the life of him. He was glad to be already kneeling, for otherwise he would have fainted.

And then it was as if the world was swooning with him, in gladness, for Dantha was saying, “Yes, Harald. Yes to both. Yes my love.”

And around them they heard the applause of all the Breelanders.
Old 02-25-2004, 06:40 AM   #244
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Many thanks Tara! Your post seems perfect there. It's been a pleasaure writing and outlawing with you!

Chathol-Lin -

That was great. Congratulations on your marriage proposal. I'm also glad you found it in your heart to remember Lilac and Andreth...

I put it towards the end of the string, rather than in the original save space you had chosen. I think it will fit there better, since the whole town turns to look....sort of a good place to end the the Breelander's part of the story. But if there's any problem with that, let me know.

Cami
Old 02-25-2004, 05:08 PM   #245
Child of the 7th Age

I've put up a post for Lilac and Andreth that helps tie together our main theme of 'Breelanders All!' -- hobbits and big folk together.

Alright, I've heard from just about everyone who played this game! Everyone says they'll have posts up by thursday evening. That should make quite a spectacular ending....

So keep 'em coming.

Cami
Old 02-25-2004, 06:29 PM   #246
Chathol-linn
Animated Skeleton

Chathol-linn has just left Hobbiton.
Hello, writers and administrators of Breelanders All! This was my first role playing experience and I loved it. I'd like to thank everyone for showing me how it's done, and for their patience with Real Life intervenes. A special thank you to Cami and Pio for their efforts, and their lovely writing.

One thing I learned is that role playing demands a fair amount of creative energy. I would recommend it to people who have writer's block. It gets you going again.

Hope to game with you again before too long. Don't hesitate to contact me on or off-list. chathollinn@comcast.net.

Best regards - Chathol-linn
Old 02-26-2004, 01:16 AM   #247
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Taralphiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Taralphiel
Thankyou!!

Just wanted to tell you all its been a load of fun and an honour gaming in Breelanders! I too hope to RP with all of you in the near future!

Tara
Old 02-26-2004, 07:00 AM   #248
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Orofaniel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orofaniel
White-Hand

Hello!

I'm sorry that I didn't respond to the PM Cami.

I'm writing the post now, and I'll put it up later today....

Thanks everybody for a wonderful game! I've really enjoyed it!

*Hopes there will be a Breelanders All act II* Hehe, could be fun..

Orofaniel
Old 02-26-2004, 02:07 PM   #249
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Thumbs up Last post for Rosie

Hello again.

Here is my last post for Rosie.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Rosie

Hedgar was now leaning towards Rosie's shoulder. He was tired, but no one could really blame him; He'd been making horses of wood all day, and trying to explain Fippi how to do it as well. "It's all in you hand, sonny" he'd said several times to Fippi's annoyance. He wasn't half as good as his old man, and probably never would be either. Rosie had tried to comfort him a little by saying that young ladies liked men that could cook, then turning her eyes towards Hedgar while he'd tried to ignore her.

"Don't you think its great how this all ended?" Hedgar said while yawning. Rosie shrugged just to get him of her and smiled gently. "Yes, I think we all managed this quite well...." she said and smiled even wider.

The wagons were now rolling towards the gate, but they weren't ready to leave yet, there were still some good bye kisses to be given out. Fippi hurried over to one of the wagons where some of the children from the Inn were sitting. Rosie recognized all of them as she came closer.

Rosie was holding two baskets in her hands with treats she wanted to give the children. She knew how much children liked cookies, and she knew these were no exceptions. "Do you all like cookies?" Rosie asked teasingly. She, of course, knew the answer. The children smiled and waited, while they muttered something to each other enthusiastically. "Then, I guess you do..." Rosie said and nodded sternly...."Too bad we haven't got any then," Fippi said sounding very disappointed, while he shook his head. (It was all an act though.) The children sank down in the wagon, seeming disappointed as well.

"Fippi!" Rosie laughed merrily. "Of course we have cookies!" She continued. The child that was sitting closest to Rosie was now jumping towards her of joy holding his hands out. "You know what...I'll give you the basket 'ere..." She said and handed him the basket. It was quite heavy actually and you could see that the little child was using some real muscles. "And you'll keep an eye on it for me....Make sure everyone gets some, alright?" Rosie said in all confidence. "Yes, mam," He said and smiled, seeming a bit proud of getting such a big responsibility as this: keeping the basket safe, and making sure that everyone got some cookies.

"Who wants to be in charge of the other basket then?" Rosie cried loudly. Some of the children were now whining after it, stretching their arms after it hoping that they'd be the lucky ones. "I believe you three are fit for the job," Rosie said and handed over the other basket. The children laughed of joy and thanked her. "My pleasure..." Rosie said and blushed. "Hope you like 'em," she added and said her good byes. "Now, children, eat as much as you possibly can..." She whispered as no one except them, could hear her. The children laughed as Rosie turned and waved. She took Fippi’s hand and left the wagon.

She then knew that they would be alright.....

“By the way….” Rosie said and turned towards the wagon once again. The children noticed this and waited.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Nova will continue this post. That's why the end is so "open". I hope that's okay.

Anyway, if you want me to change anything, just let me know.

Thanks,
Oro

PS: Once again, Thanks for a wonderful game everyone

Oro,

Thanks so much. I'll paste it up and leave room for Nova's post right after in the same box.

Cami

Last edited by Child of the 7th Age; 02-26-2004 at 02:20 PM.
Old 02-26-2004, 02:53 PM   #250
Novnarwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Novnarwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Novnarwen Send a message via Yahoo to Novnarwen
Thumbs up Last post...

POSTED! --- PIO

Hi!

Here is my last post for Hedgar and Fippi.

I just wanted to say that even though I haven't posted very much, this has been a great RPG. I loved reading it. It's such a great story!

Thanks everyone for a lovely experience!

Hope we can all play again soon!

Cheers,
Nova

LAST POST:

Hedgar and Fippi

The sweat was still running down his forehead. He had never been this productive before. This thought had been inspiring and made him feel even more eager to continue. He had been carving for the last hours, in order to make the little ones happy when they started their new life.

Fippi came running towards Hedgar. The man waved at his son, as he finished the last wooden figure, dropping it into a bag. The old Hobbit tried to follow his son, but had great difficulties running, especially now, when holding the heavy bag in his hand. Luckily, they weren’t that far away from the gates. His son eyes were lit up with excitement. “Ready?” he asked, blinking. Hedgar nodded eagerly as they started their way back down to the gates. The wagons were ready to roll out the Gate as Hedgar and Fippi approached, the father breathing heavily. He shrugged as Rosie came over, complaining about how late he was. She grinned though, as soon as he opened the bag, apparently satisfied by the job Hedgar had done.

Fippi went over to one of the children he had played with at the Inn. The child was no more than 4-5 years. His hair ran down to his ears, which stuck out from his rather round head. The boy’s eyes were lit with a fire, many of the children had shown the last day. Was it hope? Hope of something new and better. Hope of starting a new life… He made a sigh of relief as he discovered Fippi.

Hedgar looked at them for a moment, before coming over as well, lifting the child up. “You’re heavy,” he said and laughed. The child grinned, and looked into Hedgar’s bag, which Fippi now was holding. The boy laid his hands over his mouth, being surprised. He looked at Hedgar before turning again to Fippi. With laughter, he picked something up from the bag, eyes wide open. He laughed again as he held the Horse of wood and called for some other children, standing nearby. "That's yours," Fippi said, "My dad has made it. I've helped him though," he continued. Hedgar smiled at his son. "Yup, we make a great team, sonny," he said, looking at the boy who was admiring the Horse. The Hobbit urged the boy to go and find his other friends. "They should get a horse too," Hedgar told the boy and waved him off.

Moments after the rumour of the Hobbits' horses was spread and Hedgar and Fippi were overwhelmed. In the middle of the crowd of children, the two Hobbits were handing out horses of wood. As soon as they had emptied the bag, the children were off to play with them, first, thanking the two Hobbits. Hedgar was left behind with the empty bag, being stunned. He had never in his wildest dreams imagined that his horses of wood would be that popular. With this thought in mind, he triumphed over to Rosie, who looked pleased as well.

When their departure was announced, the children hurried climbing up and into the wagons. A handful of the children were holding a Horse each. This especially made Hedgar wave. First gently, then more eagerly, soon almost waving his hands off. “Relax!” Rosie said, taking her husband’s arm. Hedgar looked at her with innocent eyes, not sure what to do. “If you start waving now, you’ll make the rest of us look bad,” she said, laughing. By this, Hedgar understood. He would wait a few minutes before continuing his intense waving. Suddenly he realised, that his eagerness of waving was driven by his feelings. He could finally realise that Big Folk weren’t that bad at all, not even outlaws . . . For a moment he stood silently watching the children and the others. What on earth had been taking him so long to understand this . . .?

Last edited by piosenniel; 02-26-2004 at 10:44 PM.
Old 02-26-2004, 03:32 PM   #251
Arestevana
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arestevana has just left Hobbiton.
POSTED! --- PIO

It has been great role-playing with everyone! Thanks everybody, I hope to role-play with you again soon!
Three cheers for 'Breelanders All!'

Here is my last post for Kirima:

Kirima

Kirima stood slightly apart from the throng of Breefolk and Outlanders at the gates of the town. She watched the bustle of activity around the wagons with a slight feeling of shock. Everything seemed to have moved so quickly since the meeting in the clearing. The acceptances of terms, the wild rush of preparations, and now the day of their departure had arrived. She found herself laughing, caught up in the infectious excitement of the children around her. They were going to a new place; a place of their own, to make a homeland of it. It would be a place to start over, to raise families and remember those who were gone, without the need for war or for fear.

Kirima recalled Andreth’s offer of a job and a place to stay at the Inn. For a moment it had tempted her, no more. She had been through too much with the other refugees to break away from them. The hardships had brought them all so close together; friends became as close as kin. There had been so many goodbyes to say, more than she had expected: Andreth, Lilac, Rudgar, the children from the town whom she had met when they came to the Inn to visit the sick outland children, and the Breefolk who had helped them. Kirima found herself being wished good fortune by townsfolk she had never met. It seemed almost unbelievable that she had once thought of these kindly, peace-loving folk as enemies.

The noise of people talking was accented by the creaks of the wagons as children jumped in and out of them. Kirima laughed, thinking that they would have to search the wagons before they left in case any of the children of the town had decided to sneak aboard. Lotar and Kandel were talking some distance away, and she walked over to join them. Lotar was smiling, and it was good to see the change in him. A change had been worked in all of them, Kirima thought. Though they would always remember those who had been killed in the raids, there was a lessening of the emptiness now. They could look toward the future, and they could see hope there.

-------

Last edited by piosenniel; 02-26-2004 at 10:41 PM.
Old 02-26-2004, 03:41 PM   #252
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

POSTED! -- PIO

Congratulations to all and thank you for a merry round of roleplaying, even if I was often absent! Here is my final post, and though it isn't a gem I hope it satisfies. *bow*

Nurumaiel's post - Edmund

Edmund stood near his mother, considering gravely the events of the past few weeks. He thought of Kali, of the conies, of the sick children, and most of all his mother. He thought with great fondness and tenderness upon her in such a way that one would not believe a little boy of seven could think, but in a way that only a little boy of seven could think. He knew he had behaved terribly to her by his nasty conduct towards others, and he wished he hadn't. He loved her as dearly as a little boy could. How often he had wished he didn't have a mother, but surely he was wrong. Surely he loved her more than any other person in all Breeland and as far as the world went.

And how deeply he had loved his father. Edmund thought of both his father and his mother in the same fashion, in such a way that could not be described for only the innocent and wise mind of a child can understand such deep thoughts.

"O-oh, E-e-edmu-und!" The piercing cry reached the boy's ears and he turned to greet Kali, who was tripping towards him with a gay smile. Perched on the hobbit's shoulder was Edmund's squirrel. Kali laughed and gestured to it. "I found him scampering about and nearly getting smashed by feet," he said. "I think he's really starting to like me. He's always been friendly but he doesn't hesitate at all when I call him."

A rather painful memory had flashed through Edmund's mind. He saw himself and group of other boys forming a circle around Kali, laughing at the hobbit's vain attempts to recover his cap and calling him all sorts of terrible names. A deep crimson blush came to his face as he looked down at Kali's laughing face. He said nothing to the hobbit of what he was thinking, but merely asked him in great earnest, "Kali, are we friends at all?"

Kali nodded merrily in assent and then gave it not a second thought. "Edmund," he said in a low voice, as if confiding a great secret. "Edmund, your squirrel has a sweetheart." Edmund's eyes widened in disbelief and then he let his laughter mingle with Kali's. "Do you think she'll like us as much as he does, Edmund?"

"She'll have to learn, I guess," Edmund said. "But that means he won't be staying at my home anymore."

"I don't think your mamma would like that too much, anyway," said Kali. "One squirrel is bad enough but a whole family of the little rascals might drive her mad." He laughed again and then, looking up at Edmund with the greatest confidence and respect, he was so bold as to grasp his friend's hand. Edmund held it tightly. And so both the boy of the Little Folk and the boy of the Little Folk became best of friends, and they ran merrily off, Kali illustrating his plans to draw a family portrait of the squirrel's family as soon as there was one.

Last edited by piosenniel; 02-26-2004 at 10:29 PM.
Old 02-26-2004, 07:54 PM   #253
Esgallhugwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Esgallhugwen has just left Hobbiton.
Please post this in a safe spot

POSTED --- PIO

Esgallhugwen's post

For once Poppy had to keep up with Lily, who was eager to be one of first at Bree Gate, to say farewell to her new friend and, the rest of the refugees. Will was seen instantly by Lily, who rushed over to him, "Hello Will!", she smiled, weaving past him she was amazed to see a vast group of people before her.
No matter where she looked, poor Lily, couldn't find the friend she made at the Inn.

"Isn't that your friend. The one you gave the dolly to?", Will pointed out to Lily. She gasped in excitement and looked up at Poppy.

"Yes, you can go say hello", Poppy waved her on.
She ran up to her and said, "I nearly missed you. You really shouldn't hide behind a wagon, I couldn't see you", the girl smiled and giggled.

Lily was carrying a small basket of cookies and candy. She passed it on to her dark haired friend, "Don't eat all of it at once, you may not feel too great after; believe me, I know", she smirked.

Poppy smiled at Little Lily's friendly gesture. She spoke to Rosie, "I'm so relieved, I doubted for awhile if this would end peacefully. I was afraid for everyone, funny how things turn out for the best, maybe it is luck".

"Maybe it is, maybe it's how it was meant to be", Rosie replyed.

Last edited by piosenniel; 02-26-2004 at 10:30 PM.
Old 02-26-2004, 11:03 PM   #254
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Lovely game, everyone!

I enjoyed seeing how your characters developed during the playing of it.

I especially enjoyed how the plotlitline grew and changed from one of armed confrontation to one of growth and conciliation - for all three groups: Hobbits, Bree big folk, and the Refugees.

Just to let you know, I'll be closing the Game thread and scooting it off to Elvenhome tomorrow morning.

Thanks again for a good game!

~*~ Pio
Old 02-26-2004, 11:46 PM   #255
Child of the 7th Age

I've enjoyed this very much!

My only concern is that with so much candy and cookies being passed out, those children may develop a massive stomach ache once the horses and wagons get rolling!

And thanks to everyone for those great final posts!

Cami
Old 02-27-2004, 01:23 AM   #256
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tinuviel of Denton has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tinuviel of Denton
I really enjoyed playing in this game, even if I didn't post as much as I should have toward the end there.

For once, my character has a (relatively) happy ending even. Wow.

Thanks for such a wonderful game, Cami and Pio and everyone else!
Old 02-27-2004, 09:13 AM   #257
Esgallhugwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Esgallhugwen has just left Hobbiton.
I just wanted to have one final word. I really enjoyed being in this game (Though I should have posted more often then I did). Its been a wonderful experience and I think all of you are very talented Hope I can play with any of you again sometime.

Eternally yours,
Esgallhugwen
Old 02-27-2004, 01:37 PM   #258
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Quote:
My only concern is that with so much candy and cookies being passed out, those children may develop a massive stomach ache once the horses and wagons get rolling!
Lol... Somehow I feel a bit guilty....I wonder why...
Old 02-27-2004, 05:06 PM   #259
Eruantalon
Wight

Eruantalon has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Eruantalon
I didn't read it over so it it has any mistake sorry. See you all on the downs!

Smiling he met Kirima in the streets. She bid him goodbye and he told her she was like a sister to him now. He would find a happy home here in Bree. Carts bustling in and out of the town made there way up. Everything had finally come to a close. He saw Lotar from a far and let Kirima join them. He had never reconciled with Lotar and didn’t see this as the time.” Another day” he thought to himself. People here where kinder than he had first thought. People where smiling and decent. He wanted to try and live here instead of just leave. He could even visit Kirima in the inn once in awhile. Making his way about the hurried town he found something odd. Every one was rushing in like a new house that was being moved into.

A cook was in his shop hurrying to try and feed people. He smelled the food and went in.

“Sir if you plan on cooking that roast right turn up the oven. But sear the roast in a pan first! You’ll want to seal in the juice so it doesn’t go dry!” Now moving forward with his usually cocky stride. “See these herbs they should spear the meat. That way air gets in and cooks the roast faster.”

“If you know so much about food why don’t you come in here and cook! Foolish boy I have enough Hungary customers and need help!”

Walking in and setting an apron on (witch was old and shaggy), he then starting doing as the man said. “ I’m Rudar sir.” He said in a quick huff. “Well I’m Baldrake.” The man replied. “Would you like a job as a cook Rudar? It seems second nature to you. You could help me here. We’ll be needing it with all the new people here.”

“Yes sir that would suit me fine!”

Rudgar spent the evening feeding Hungary customers and grinning all the time. Thinking to himself. “I dreamed of piles of gold! Now I have piles of pans...... and couldn’t be happier!”

Last edited by Eruantalon; 02-27-2004 at 05:12 PM.
Old 02-27-2004, 05:16 PM   #260
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

~*~ To Elvenhome ~*~