The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-20-2009, 07:54 PM   #41
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
"Hard to get involved," I return with a mop and jug of bleach, "when nobody's got anything to go on."

After making sure plenty of crime scene photos are taken, I liberally pour the bleach over the blood and start scrubbing at it, hands gloved, taking care not to step in the sticky evidence.

"But it's an old argument. I'd make a terrible criminal investigator. Too many gut reactions, too little listening. All that stuff Nog said? I somehow managed to retain none of it."

I scrub away, a macabre Cinderella cleaning up the house, trying not to whistle or hum as I work. It's a built in mechanism: I tend to hum during tedious work, like cutting hair or organizing things. The rhythm of the mop, push, pull, scrub smush, slap into the water bucket, slosh push pull push simply demands that I whistle a happy working song.

I quash the idea, feeling that it's far too twisted to play Disney princess just now: I shan't hum, I tell myself. I will not!

Yet I find myself humming as I mop, morbidly fascinated with the parts of our moddess that leaked when they dismembered her for better storage.

"There's no proof," I repeat, squishing reddish water out of the mop and into the soapy bucket. I need a new bucket, I realize, since the mop is now just spreading around dirty water instead of cleaning. I pour the rest of the jug of bleach onto the stained and sopping floor, just to be sure, and set up a bright yellow sign cautioning 'Cuidado!' before heading back in search of refreshed supplies.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:24 PM   #42
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
If anyone's listening, I'll offer a few preliminary thoughts about the situation.
Our hostess brought us all here for what we believed to be a fun, innocent gathering where we could all discuss one of our favourite subjects in a comfortable atmosphere. She then revealed a more sinister motive for it all, claimed to have made three of us into killers, and was apparently killed herself in an unpleasant manner. I say 'apparently' because she obviously intended to sit back and watch the mayhem she'd created. With the amount of planning she'd put into this, I find it most difficult to believe that her 'death' is as it appears. But what is really going on?
Fea and Pitchwife immediately got to work on cleaning the crime scene. Did anyone look for any clues? autume98 said she would help, but did not follow up. Lalaith suggested taking photos, and Fea says she did.
Boro mentioned an aversion to the blood of others, but not his own.
Shasta disappeared and explained himself by saying he went upstairs in the hope of catching one of the wolves in the midst of transformation. I found that statement rather odd.
Eönwë was giving suggestions of body disposal, and said Shasta could be afraid of the blood when he left, or was pretending to be.
McCaber has said only that we must discuss the matter. I agree, but no one seems inclined to do so at the moment.
Nogrod has been offering some quiet, carefully considered remarks while smoking a pipe. Interesting tobacco blend. Had a bit of a Turkish aroma.
It would be nice to have some more information before we have to make our decision. Perhaps some others will speak up soon.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:49 PM   #43
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Sleep is beginning to overpower me. As someone said in one of my favourite books, 'If I yawn anymore, I shall split at the ears'.
I'm going to retire to my room for a while. Perhaps a bit of sleep will help.
Old 07-20-2009, 09:51 PM   #44
autume98
Shade of Carn Dûm

autume98 has just left Hobbiton.
I was looking for some cleaning supplies. By the time I get back Fea is almost done with the cleaning.

This is definitely most interesting. Very interesting points have been made. I'm going to take a little nap and think digest all this information in.
Old 07-20-2009, 10:08 PM   #45
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun
Shasta disappeared and explained himself by saying he went upstairs in the hope of catching one of the wolves in the midst of transformation. I found that statement rather odd.
I came back in time to hear this statement. Inzil, I find this rather... strange. I rather clearly stated that I went upstairs to see if I could find any evidence on bedroom doors - scratches, hairs, and the like - that would point to the wolves having had to get out of their rooms to attack our hostess, so either you misheard, or you're deliberately twisting what I said.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 10:51 PM   #46
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
Shasta, if it helps I was about to accuse you of rushing off by yourself when you came back with a good reason for your departure.

And now to business. Some people are beginning to take the initiative with first forays towards, how shall I put it, "execution" of one of us. As amusing as it would be to test our dearly departed host, I would counsel against it. So let me gather my thoughts and I will talk about my opinions soon.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 11:19 PM   #47
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Boro also looks promising in the sense meant above, even if I kind of disliked his happy jump to Fea's "dislike of blood" -thingy which he apparently dropped as soon as Inzy made a remark of the problematics with it... Well, early hours, early hours and not lot to say.~Nogrod
Sorry Noggers this makes absolutely no sense. What did I drop? Unless you would like to continue hearing me talk about my nausea of seeing other people's blood? I could go on more, but figured a simple statement would suffice and that would be the end...didn't think you would be interested in hearing more.

But I have figured it out (told you I was a great detective). Notice how our rooms here look exactly like our ones at home, not only the same stuff, but I mean everything is in the exact same spot. This can only mean the house we are currently occupying doesn't exist. The lady in the back dress, with no heart, is therefor Miss Zarves, who also does not exist.

Now how do we get out of a place that we see, but one that does not exist? We should be as disobedient to the rules as is possible. I say trash 'em, go rebel. I'm talking sitting on the floor with no socks, type of thing. None of this sit at the table, being gentlemanly and ladylike, having happy conversations bilge.
Old 07-21-2009, 05:39 AM   #48
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
*returns with a crate and a smile*
Well, people, the good news is that despite our hostess being a)probably evil and b)now a dismembered corpse, she did keep an excellent cellar. I've found a great selection to keep us going - Sancerre, Mouton Rothschild, and some stronger stuff if you prefer...Nogs, you're a red wine man if I remember correctly - here you go....Pitchwife, what can I do you for? Anyone else? Boro, are you actually legal yet? It's so hard to keep track. I'm for a lively G&T, myself...
There, that's better.

Now, who's still not surfaced? Nerwen, Rikae and Nessa? Could be a perfectly innocent explanation I suppose.

As for the rest of you: I tend to be better and quicker at finding people to trust than people to suspect. From what I've seen so far, Nogrod and Inzil seem fairly wholesome. Pitchwife, McCaber...possibly ok too. Boro talks a lot... socks and movies, computer games and deja vu...Fea seems to be talking to herself rather than to the rest of us. Shasta seems rather fey and skittish, but that might mean nothing. Eonwe is being energetic, almost febrile, wanting to cut up bodies. Autume is the quietest of us so far but then she doesn't know many of us so well.
Quote:
start this hideous killing with those who decide to stay silent or try to be especially careful
There's something in this, I think. And in this:
Quote:
It's easy to show a considerate face saying "let's discuss this", but it is quite nasty to then fall silent without contributing anything to the discussion one calls for.
Old 07-21-2009, 06:36 AM   #49
autume98
Shade of Carn Dûm

I'm definitely thinking that some choices are going to have to be made soon. I haven't really seen any evidence as to who the killer would be. There's been some good speculation and reasonings.

I did find this interesting though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith View Post
Now, who's still not surfaced? Nerwen, Rikae and Nessa? Could be a perfectly innocent explanation I suppose.
Quote:
Autume is the quietest of us so far but then she doesn't know many of us so well.
No I don't know you all that well, and in return you don't know me all that well. I didn't even think about that until now...

There doesn't happen to be any rootbeer around here?
autume98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 06:36 AM   #50
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
1420!

Wait just a minute here, people. I, for one, refuse to cooperate with that woman's sick fantasy. We'll all have a pleasant night/all die, have a pleasant night? Lies, obviously. I'm not going to participate in "executing" people who, at this point, are only guilty of killing the person who cursed them! If we die, we die, but I'm not eager to become a murderer.
*helps herself to some rum*
We should be focusing our attention on getting out of here - if that's still even possible with the host dead (did any of you think of that? We play her little game, kill the cursed ones, and can never get out anyway?) If that door is, as it seems, the exit, we should be looking for ways to break it down. Perhaps the chainsaw you were just using to destroy a crime scene?
*refills her glass*
And why are you cutting up bodies, anyway? Didn't that tour tell you anything? There's the dead marshes, for one thing. Actually, I wouldn't mind being trapped in a place like this so much - since it seems to contain much of middle earth - but I have to get back to Mac & the kids.. At least they're safe....
*pours another drink*
...at least they're safe... So, who's up to trying the chainsaw on the door? If that doesn't work, then we ought to make plenty of coffee and spend the night in this room. Those who transform will be outnumbered - we can tie them up and be safe for the night. Um... perhaps they won't die without blood after all, or if they do, at least we're not directly responsible for killing them.
*pours the last of the rum*
So... whaddya say? Surely you're not....... not going to just.... go along with this? Although.....
although.... what was I saying?
....if I had to guess now.... I would say... I mean say....
Pitchwife looks nervous... and, um, whathisname... Steve? He's quick to accuse.... you know, my sixth sense is.... sixth sense is pretty good.... Shasta's too.... probably find the killers....suggest we tie them up.... put in cages.... see what happens.....
*looks at bottle*
Why is... nah, not gonna say that here.

Last edited by Rikae; 07-21-2009 at 06:38 AM. Reason: crossed with autumne
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 07:28 AM   #51
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

So without (much) further ado, my thoughts. Remember that this is only the first day we are here, so most of these are subject to change. And in no particular order:

I'll start with Rikae, since she just stopped by. Not too bad for her first speech of the day, so I'll give her a Neutral for now. Although, drunk already? Bad form.
Boro is looking decent here. Sound words, sensible advice, that sort of thing.
autume I don't know very well, and I haven't heard a lot from her yet. Undecided until further notice.
Fea: I don't know. Something about her throws me off. Maybe it's the attempted stab at leadership, maybe it's her black humour at the situation. It's probably nothing, but I'll take another look at her.
Lal: Not a lot of posts, but at least it's content. Some things don't please me much at all, but it's probably just a lack of other things to think.
Shasta started the day looking rather fishy to me, but he came back and not only explained himself, but had a pretty good idea. And since then
Inzil started the analysis almost by himself, and was one of the first to realize that blood must be shed here. I like it, but I can see where a lot of people wouldn't.
Pitchwife spake but little, and disappeared before I fully awoke. Ah well.
Nogrod has been consistent so far. I do like his insisting on actual hard statements, but it seemed a bit too early for me yet.
Eonwe hasn't said enough to do anything yet, and Nessa and Nerwen haven't even woken up yet.

At this rate, nothing will get done. But I suppose that's the risk we face here.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:39 AM   #52
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Fea seems to be talking to herself rather than to the rest of us.
I grin, eating a bowl of organic knock-off Fruit Loops instead of drinking, still a little leary after the champagne bash of Saturday night and the emotional and physical detox of Sunday.

"Don't mind me at all," I wink, "As usual, I've gone and found the smartest person in the room and concentrated all of my attention on them. Once all y'all start talking about something worth addressing, be sure I'll join in the party."

I sit back, digging into my cereal with verve, wondering if I can find any Lapsang Souchong in this place.

"The first day is a crap shoot," I add, a little sketched out by the experiment that was rice milk, "so I suggest we kill off somebody who isn't here. It's no fun at all to lose your life to a person that doesn't participate. Nessa or Nerwen are solid options."

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCaber
Fea: I don't know. Something about her throws me off. Maybe it's the attempted stab at leadership, maybe it's her black humour at the situation. It's probably nothing, but I'll take another look at her.
On this note: my sole purpose in werewolf games is to entertain my mod or moddess. If she's giggling in her chair reading about my attempts at a happy working song (brownie points if people can figure out the references in my posts, by the way), I've done my job.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:40 AM   #53
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
But it seems the yesterDay has been changed...
No, it was always like that. You must have just misheard...

It's all in your mind...

Now, where was I?
Old 07-21-2009, 07:53 AM   #54
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Boro, are you actually legal yet? It's so hard to keep track. I'm for a lively G&T, myself...~Lalaith
Affirmative, though for now I think I will just have my coffee fix...mmm what types of roast do we have in this joint?

Quote:
Boro is looking decent here. Sound words, sensible advice, that sort of thing.~McCaber
Weird, I've been trying to sound as non-sensical a possible, although right now can't really explain why, perhaps I can do it tomorrow. McCaber's list there looks sneaky, well ok...it's really only about me. I guess it's really hard for me to not be so sensible, despite intentional attempts to not be.

Quote:
On this note: my sole purpose in werewolf games is to entertain my mod or moddess.~Fea
Agreed. And even if your purpose be not to entertain the other guests, I assure you, you do. Though I must ask, is it not possible to do both? That is entertain and find those who had cursed-steak?
Old 07-21-2009, 07:58 AM   #55
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

*Walks back downstairs in search of a refreshing beverage*

Lalaith, I'm not a wine drinker. I don't suppose you, or anyone, has seen a few pints of Boddington's or bottles of Grolsch lying about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
I came back in time to hear this statement. Inzil, I find this rather... strange. I rather clearly stated that I went upstairs to see if I could find any evidence on bedroom doors - scratches, hairs, and the like - that would point to the wolves having had to get out of their rooms to attack our hostess, so either you misheard, or you're deliberately twisting what I said.
I wasn't necessarily accusing you of anything. It appeared you had said you were hoping to surprise them in the act of transforming, and I failed to see the logic there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
But I have figured it out (told you I was a great detective). Notice how our rooms here look exactly like our ones at home, not only the same stuff, but I mean everything is in the exact same spot. This can only mean the house we are currently occupying doesn't exist. The lady in the back dress, with no heart, is therefor Miss Zarves, who also does not exist.
Now how do we get out of a place that we see, but one that does not exist? We should be as disobedient to the rules as is possible.
If it doesn't exist, we should be able to get out of here, shouldn't we? Is it all in our minds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Wait just a minute here, people. I, for one, refuse to cooperate with that woman's sick fantasy. We'll all have a pleasant night/all die, have a pleasant night? Lies, obviously. I'm not going to participate in "executing" people who, at this point, are only guilty of killing the person who cursed them! If we die, we die, but I'm not eager to become a murderer.
Hmm. While I agree that the wolves were seemingly justified in taking revenge on the one who afflicted them, if a blood lust has indeed taken them, sitting quiet would seem very dangerous to the rest of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
We should be focusing our attention on getting out of here - if that's still even possible with the host dead (did any of you think of that? We play her little game, kill the cursed ones, and can never get out anyway?) If that door is, as it seems, the exit, we should be looking for ways to break it down. Perhaps the chainsaw you were just using to destroy a crime scene?
Well, who had the chain saw?
Old 07-21-2009, 08:02 AM   #56
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Agreed. And even if your purpose be not to entertain the other guests, I assure you, you do. Though I must ask, is it not possible to do both? That is entertain and find those who had cursed-steak?
"Why thank you, sir," I say, somehow managing to convey - while seated eating half a peanut butter sandwich - the illusion of a deep curtsy.

I ponder Boromir88's thoughts. The trouble, I realize, is that I'm not a team player and never have been. I sit off to the side and watch, and once I think I know something, I point. There, there, there, and there, I'll point. They've been inconsistent, or they've admitted, or they've been sneakin'.

I rarely make a spectacle of my critical thought, because I find that people change their actions based on their understanding of perceptions.

So I make a target of myself, and I watch.

I always watch.

"I can try to help more," I say finally, hesitant, "but it will put me at a distinct disadvantage, since I really don't know how to be helpful to anybody but myself, because I don't know what others need to see in order to make judgment calls, whereas I know perfectly well what my best methods of learning are."

Last edited by Feanor of the Peredhil; 07-21-2009 at 08:03 AM. Reason: x'd Zil
Feanor of the Peredhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 08:03 AM   #57
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Eonwe is being energetic, almost febrile, wanting to cut up bodies.
Bodies? Pitchwife wanted to get red of it, and who can blame him? It's hard to concentrate with that... thing... there. I was just to help...

But why would she do this? Maybe it's just a replica or a clone, as I'm sure she wouldn't let herself be killed. after all, I'm sure OF this game, but not IN it. And does she have wings?

Also, McCaber seems a bit suspicious to me. It seems like he's trying to tick in all the boxes- A few mild suspicions thrown around and then a list. He's not really getting involved in this. He seems a bit too calculating and detached for my liking.

edit: x-ed with Inzil and Fea

Last edited by Eönwë; 07-21-2009 at 08:06 AM.
Eönwë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 08:15 AM   #58
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
I return from my room, where I have been making a futile attempt to fix my camera.

"I just don't understand it, " I say, more to myself than anyone else. "There appears to be no physical reason whatever for it not to work. And what a time for it to die on me! I mean, someone has to document this– wait, what have you done?" I exclaim as I see, or rather fail to see, the body. "You idiots! Don't you know you're not supposed to tamper with the evidence in a murder case? Who did this?"
Old 07-21-2009, 08:24 AM   #59
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
"You idiots! Don't you know you're not supposed to tamper with the evidence in a murder case? Who did this?"
The fact is, it doesn't really matter. It's probable that none of us are going to escape before this finishes, and by then we'll either know who "killed" her or be dead ourselves in which case knowing won't help us any more, and there will be no-one to alert the police. None of us have any forensics stuff and none of us can contact the outside world, so it's useless to just leave the body there to rot.

Sorry for that, but it just had to be said...
Old 07-21-2009, 08:34 AM   #60
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
"I can try to help more," I say finally, hesitant, "but it will put me at a distinct disadvantage, since I really don't know how to be helpful to anybody but myself, because I don't know what others need to see in order to make judgment calls, whereas I know perfectly well what my best methods of learning are."
I look, and I think...Fea offering to be more helpful. Hmm, she's already seemed more helpful than most, very dutiful in that clean up job. Could be guilt? Do werewolves feel guilt? Probably not, but doesn't mean they won't attempt to fake it. On the other hand, seeing as these are freshly transformed wolves than Fea would have had to of put on a top act.

"Don't feel obligated because I asked and don't think you already haven't been helpful. Watching and listening are good qualities. You know, I imagine you are quite competent at many things. As one of my professors once told me to pull me back to reality, after a brief moment amongst the clouds. 'Boro, the most successful people aren't simply great at what they love. They are great at doing what's asked of them. When you have to mop, be a good mopper."

"Now, as I am one to broadcast my thoughts and emotions for the entire house to hear. I feel quite good about Eonwe, he's been jumping right into it and forcing the action.
'Inzil's been chatty, but to be honest I don't remember anything except the early comments about werewolves perhaps faking they don't like blood. Interesting theory, but I took it as early jesting, for there can be no way to know whether the wolves would be openly blood loving, or fake not enjoying their gory scene. IF he was actually serious, than I am suspicious, and also of Nogrod's follow-up about Inzil's comments.
'I've had my coffee, now I think I will go read, hopefully I remembered my important books I need to get through within the next month. But anytime I go away on a trip I have a tendancy to forget, completely unintentionally of course, books to read and keep the day moving."

*Before leaving I get Fea's attention and point at Inzil hoping she picks it up.*

Last edited by Boromir88; 07-21-2009 at 08:37 AM. Reason: bolding and italics
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 08:47 AM   #61
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
*Before leaving I get Fea's attention and point at Inzil hoping she picks it up.*
"Yessir. I'm on it."
Old 07-21-2009, 08:56 AM   #62
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
*still yawning and bleary-eyed*
Hi everybody, glad to see you're with us. Nerwen, the idiots were Fea and my humble self. Probably not the most well-considered thing to do, but I was sort of on autopilot this morning - acting on gut-impulses, as Fea put it, not really thinking everything through. Boro's early suspicion of me because of my zeal in cleaning up wasn't quite unearned, though a little bit sudden.
I haven't really digested the conversation of the last couple of hours yet (having nodded through most of it), and I'm reluctant to draw any conclusions from people's behaviour in the first hours of the morning, when the shock and confusion were still fresh. Here's some of what I remember, though:
Fea - one of the first to speak up; practical, but a little bit self-absorbed;
Inzil - cool and determined to search and destroy the werewolves;
autume - quiet, shocked, but eager to help;
Shasta - disappeared quickly, for what may be a good reason;
Eönwe - calm and collected, told us not to turn on each other, then suspected Shasta;
Boro - struck me as somewhat erratic, don't really know what to make of him (looks like this is mutual), but not what I would call suspicious at this stage;
Lalaith - reasonable, trying to get some sense into the rest of us;
Nogrod - the voice of reason, trying to organize us into following some meditated course of action;
McCaber - offers some contributions to discussion, not enough to help me form an image of him;
Rikae - refuses to cooperate with that woman's sick fantasy, advocates rebelling against the rules, suggests applying the chainsaw to the door (which chainsaw, by the way? there wasn't one lying around this morning, was there?);
Nerwen - late to show up, nothing substantial yet.
Nessa - no input yet.
Don't really know what to make of all this.

By the way, Fea -
Quote:
On this note: my sole purpose in werewolf games is to entertain my mod or moddess.
I wish I knew what you're talking about! Sounds as if you had experience in matters like this...?

EDIT: x-ed since Eönwe's #59
Old 07-21-2009, 08:59 AM   #63
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Inzil's been chatty, but to be honest I don't remember anything except the early comments about werewolves perhaps faking they don't like blood. Interesting theory, but I took it as early jesting, for there can be no way to know whether the wolves would be openly blood loving, or fake not enjoying their gory scene.
If you'll recall, my friend, that was no theory of mine. Eönwë had brought it up, and I was responding to him.

Quote:
Yes, yes.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:18 AM   #64
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
*musing over his beer*
About the bloodlust/blood-phobia theory - I wonder what the transformation did to the wolves' former personalities. Are they still capable of rational thought while in human form? Do they abhor their new state, but feel compelled to go with it - or (horrid thought) maybe even relish it? If it were me, I imagine I'd be scared witless by realizing what I had become and done - but then, we just don't know.
I know, I know - the question is somewhat academic and doesn't really contribute to solving our problem.
As for rationality, better assume they're at least able to fake it.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:44 AM   #65
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

And just for the record, I didn't cut the body up this morning - I merely pondered we might have to. If I'd actually started using a conveniently found chainsaw on the corpse, I would have *said so*. Which means it's still there (the corpse, not the imaginary chainsaw).

Now, Fea, would you mind explaining what this thing between Boro and you about Inzil was supposed to mean? Or you, Inzil, since you seem to know?
I'd also like to hear some more from Eönwe. Not to mention Shasta, Nerwen and whoever is around. And what in blazes happened to Nessa? Has anybody seen her yet? Should we go look for her?
Old 07-21-2009, 09:55 AM   #66
autume98
Shade of Carn Dûm

I sit back with my rootbeer in my hand. I feel as though I've stepped into another realm. My mind is reeling with everything that is going on. The body and mess have been taken care of. Yet I can't help thinking that one of us probably killed her.

I'm taken back to all the mysteries I've read. I can recall some plots that follow this, and it makes me feel uncomfortable. If what she said is real then one of us is a werewolf. But who?

I look around the room and take in each person. They all look human enough. I try pulling all the knowledge from my Encyclopedia Brown days hoping someone will give something that says they are the werewolf.

I don't want anyone to start throwing accusations without any hard evidence. At the same time I don't want to think of the consequences if we don't.

As I mull this all over in my mind, I think aboit the points people have made about others. Do they have merit? Is someone trying to send us on the wrong trail?

I don't come up with any answers. At this point the werewolf could be any one of us. Do we kill someone and hope it's the werewolf?
Old 07-21-2009, 09:55 AM   #67
Nessa Telrunya
Shade of Carn Dûm

Nessa Telrunya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Nessa Telrunya
I walk into the parlor where everyone is at the moment, and take a seat.

"Well, I heard about the hostess dying, and I've spent awhile thinking, which is why I was absent. I was in no hurry to speak and get myself into more suspicion than necessary. I understand how my being upstairs could point fingers at me, but I think this entire thing is just to mess with our minds.

What's going to happen if we can't bust out? We need some sort of method to find out who the lycanthrops are. There would be nothing more regrettable than if we killed an innocent.

Those of us who are infected will try to avoid all suspicion, so this whole thing will be about what everyone wants the others to think."

I stop to rub my nose.

"Do there happen to be any non-alchoholic beverages? Giving a speech is quite tedious."
Nessa Telrunya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 10:16 AM   #68
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by autume98 View Post
If what she said is real then one of us is a werewolf. But who?
One? I wish it was only one. There's three of them.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:26 AM   #69
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
Now, Fea, would you mind explaining what this thing between Boro and you about Inzil was supposed to mean? Or you, Inzil, since you seem to know?
I shan't explain, since I myself said that giving too much away alters people's behavior. Surely someone here besides me has a background in social and/or abnormal psychology?

Of course I've no problem if Zil talks. He seems to have no problem with me watching him. Come now, dear: speak up. You seem to understand the little frisson that just passed between B and myself. Have at it.

If you dare?
Old 07-21-2009, 10:27 AM   #70
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by autume98 View Post
I don't want anyone to start throwing accusations without any hard evidence.
Same here.
Quote:
At the same time I don't want to think of the consequences if we don't.
But we should. (Think, I mean)
Quote:
I think aboit the points people have made about others. Do they have merit?
Some may. Problem is, we don't know which ones.
Quote:
Is someone trying to send us on the wrong trail?
You bet!
Quote:
Do we kill someone and hope it's the werewolf?
That's what we'll probably end up doing, if we play by the rules. Only there's not one werewolf, but three of 'em, and they're probably working together.

Nessa, good to see you at last! But do get rid of that little green ball dangling at your feet, will you? It doesn't fit the colour of your shoes!

EDIT: x-ed with Eonwe's and the following.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:34 AM   #71
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
I shan't explain, since I myself said that giving too much away alters people's behavior. Surely someone here besides me has a background in social and/or abnormal psychology?
I don't, but I think I might understand. Is it one word in particular, or am I looking at the wrong thing?
Old 07-21-2009, 10:42 AM   #72
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Fea, Inzil - at the moment the three of you (including Boro)make me wonder whom to distrust more.
You do like watching people, don't you, Fea? Provoke, sit back and see what happens. Very subtle. Same thing this morning, in retrospect.
This is getting very interesting.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:47 AM   #73
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
I don't, but I think I might understand. Is it one word in particular, or am I looking at the wrong thing?
I think you're trying too hard. I'm not leaving hints, I'm just paying attention.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:58 AM   #74
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
Fea, Inzil - at the moment the three of you (including Boro)make me wonder whom to distrust more.
You do like watching people, don't you, Fea? Provoke, sit back and see what happens. Very subtle. Same thing this morning, in retrospect.
This is getting very interesting.
My gesture was intended to get others to watch Inzil, and I picked out Fea, because she was right There.

I'm confused as to why many seem to be assuming this hasn't been an active day. In a place with only 13 living residents, there's been quite a bit of chatter. It may look pretty useless, but sincerely it is not. Everyone's come forward and three have evil agendas, therefor my suggestion, was to observe Inzil, who so far has been the most vocal.

Some, like myself, have an irrational compulsion to say whatever's on their mind. At times I think it's very useful to be blunt, others...I'm assuming the lady Fea is telling the truth, like to keep things to themselves. Neither is superior, that's just the way we operate. Discretion is not necessarily a werewolf quality, sometimes I wish I had it. I could care less if my mouth gets me in trouble, but sometimes my mouth has caused others harm, others who I wish no harm to. Revealing too much is dangerous, whether werewolf or innocent.

Quote:
If you'll recall, my friend, that was no theory of mine. Eönwë had brought it up, and I was responding to him.~Inzil
True. Still I think my point stands that is really the only thing I can remember about you from the top of my head and with your chatter today, I didn't think it was a good thing.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:03 AM   #75
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Still I think my point stands that is really the only thing I can remember about you from the top of my head and with your chatter today, I didn't think it was a good thing.
Well, what more do you want? There doesn't seem to be a great deal to work with just yet. Would it be more comfort to you if I remained silent?
Old 07-21-2009, 11:09 AM   #76
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

It would not. Evening is quickly drawing upon us, and soon we must make a decision.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:09 AM   #77
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
The bottle of quite nice South-Gondorian red wine was empty. That was the sad truth of it. Nogrod looked around to catch Lalaith just to ask where she picked the wine from but couldn't see her anywhere at the moment. Well, thanks anyway, it was good indeed, just full-bodied and rich flavour but nice to be enjoyed on it's own... Hmm... I need to find another one of these later...

But he had been listening to the slow conversation as well and unlike the wine, the discussion didn't make him happy at all.

"I do dislike the way Fea tries to make herself somehow a priviledged outsider. We're all in a same boat now, everyone - including you Rikae... The number of actual suspcions - even slight ones - has been markedly small. I'd even suggest we lynch the next one who says: we need some discussion, let's be careful not to kill innocents and I don't like killing btw...

I mean yes, that's true all of it. Yes it is. But just playing a parrot restating it time and time again doesn't help us a bit in this mess we are in - unless we start making actual suspicions, looking at how those suspected react, who follows who, who disagrees who etc.

I know it's hard to suspect anyone - yes, this is an odd situation, a terrifying one to be honest - but I'm convinced like I said earlier that this is a true nightmare and we need to fight back, whatever it means. But if everyone just nods back to banalities we'll soon find us tossing a coin while we could have had strong opinions, suspicions, defences, counter-attacks, arguments... and who knows what we could have learned from them? More suspicions, even some with grounds to them... but also a possibility for trusting.

You know how a good detective works? He puts tough questions to catch the criminal and forcing him to paint himself into the corner - but also to see to see whether the suspcion was wrong and that he could trust thesuspect a bit more. That's what we need to do."

Nogrod had stood up from the great armchair he had been sitting and now slowly sat down again picking his pipe from his pockets.

"If you don't share some suspicions I'll do it then... Someone has to do it anyway to kick-start this thing. We have only two hours left before the Night comes."

EDIT: X'd with the three last
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 11:13 AM   #78
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Evening, Nogrod.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
"If you don't share some suspicions I'll do it then... Someone has to do it anyway to kick-start this thing. We have only two hours left before the Night comes."
By all means, go right ahead. No one else appears to be interested.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:14 AM   #79
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Well, what more do you want? There doesn't seem to be a great deal to work with just yet. Would it be more comfort to you if I remained silent?
There may not be a 'great' deal, but that means there is 'some' deal right? Surely you have some suspicious feelings, even if they simply be gut feelings about someone's strangeness, instead of playing the unbiased commentator role you've been up to.

If you would like a helpful kick start to what I'm waiting to see from you Inzil...what do you think about McCaber? Werewolf? A yes or no based on first appearance reactions will suffice.

Edit: crossed with everyone since Inzil.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:21 AM   #80
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
I mean yes, that's true all of it. Yes it is. But just playing a parrot restating it time and time again doesn't help us a bit in this mess we are in - unless we start making actual suspicions, looking at how those suspected react, who follows who, who disagrees who etc. ~Nogrod
'Want a cracker?'

Well I guess if you were to count what your passing statements about Fea and Rikae then that would mean you aren't being one of the parrots. But those weren't actual suspicions were they? Because you ended with sharing your suspicions if no one else would.