The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2009, 03:28 PM   #81
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan
Tgwbs started using them in last game. (And now that I googled the link, I noticed I've been using them incorrectly lately, too. It's xyr, not xer.)
And honestly, they drive me crazy. Everytime is see "xe" I think of the stereotypical German way of mispronouncing "the" and it's really bothersome to see Agan speaking-handicapped liked that.

Agan does not quite sit right with me anyway. She does not suspect me (yet) and she says weird stuff. Also, she's a cruious mixture of her late noisy ordo-style and her reserved wolf-style of past. That seems a bit fishy to me. Okay, I don't want to judge this quickly, but I'm keeping an eye on xer.

I shall join the party of nice crones and let Mira and Rego mess around toDay. (I won't even complain to them about bantering because I guess that's what yoiu're supposed to do on the first Day of your first ww game.)

I quite like Fea's tactics. It makes me feel pretty good about her. But it does also look like a terribly convenient way of wolfing around.

And what's this show of Nogrod's about making just a few posts? Nonsense, I say!

Ouch. It's late and I have to go soon and no one strikes me as particularily suspicious.

If I get no idea who to vote for, I'll vote Legate just because he started making fun of my typos.

PS. Let's stop this stuff about horoscopes because I'm Pisces and that means I'm supposed to be easily fooled...

edit: xed with Fea
edit2: I have a horrible typo but I shall not edit my post!
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 03:29 PM   #82
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Now are you calling for the ringwraiths whom you actually want to join Aganzir?
I on the other hand am baffled you found it weird. I found it rather optimistic from Legate to think that the RB would want to stay low. It's dangerous to assume xe would want to remain innocent, what with the role xe was given, and to me it just didn't make sense that Legate was suggesting it. I think it also included a suggestion that possible RB hints could be ignored because "xe would not want the wolves to find xem." Not sure this is making sense, I realised I don't remember my exact thought process about it anymore.

And Noggy I wouldn't take weed even if you offered it to me! I am not into smoking you know.

Fea, I know how much you like day ones. However I will probably always disagree with you on them and keep questioning your reasons for a vote.

edit: xed with Lommy
Old 01-22-2009, 03:32 PM   #83
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
she says weird stuff.
What do I say?
Old 01-22-2009, 03:40 PM   #84
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea
I need somebody to suspect.
Now I'm humming Queen's Somebody to Love with those lyrics. Thanks love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommins-Wommins
edit2: I have a horrible typo but I shall not edit my post!
Which one, cruious or yoiu're?

I'll vote in a minute. Literally, I hope.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 03:45 PM   #85
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
A Shot in the Dark

Okay, I've decided to vote

++ Gollum

because he's the one I feel the worst about. I know that's not much said at this point, but if that's the best I can do then it is. Now I'm off to bed and let the little Lommie-Wommie post. Good night and Night.

I hate the deadline, by the way.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 03:50 PM   #86
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Bah I had not even noticed this comment earlier.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legz
Police state? You are being suspiciously eager, comrade. I suggest we place you to the workcamp in Fornost for a while, to see what happens.
No, I'm just saying we could do with a couple of voluntary extra seers!

Guilty

Innocent
Nerwen. Nothing alarming thus far. Besides it's ages since she last played. No chance I'm lynching her today, especially as she can be quite helpful. Also, a village always needs people with an ability to make ploys.
Lommy. She's being mostly sensible and while I'm not convinced about her innocence yet, I'd like to keep her around for now.
Legz. Looks innocent enough.
Gondie. Innocent enough for now.
Nog. Being a normal Nog. Not too worried about him, and it'd be terribly unfair to lynch him now as he's died so early lately.

Neither
Gollum. Nothing suspicious thus far, but not much useful thus far, either.
sally. The same as Golly.
Shasta. The same as the two former but funnier.
Dury. She's amusing me but apart from that, nothing to go on. I don't think I'll vote for her, though.
Brinn. Too little to go on.
Fea. She doesn't have a role on day 1. I disagree with her about day 1s.
Lari. No idea.
Mira. No idea. Actually it's funny I've started calling you two Lari and Mira as both are common Finnish names, Lari a male's name and Mira a female's.
Greeny. Simply no idea.
Rikae
Mac
Rune
Menel

Oh Gwath wasn't playing then.

See I was planning to go to sleep soon and have no idea who to vote. I could of course vote randomly and try to wake up a bit earlier but dunno if I'm capable of that.

edit: xed with two little greens
Old 01-22-2009, 03:54 PM   #87
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Whoa... an entire first page with nothing but in-character banter? *thumbs up*

Let's derail the whole game and talk about astrology instead, shall we? Legate deludes himself into thinking he's a two fishes and Aganzir doesn't know what she is at all. This topic has potential!
(Agan, just find out your birth time and use one of the many online calculators.)

Oh, and I'm a Libra with more planets in Scorpio than is good for me. And now I'm wondering whether I should try to lynch all squaring and opposing cardinal or all squaring and opposing fixed villagers first. *evil grin*

Alright, to business. We have two interesting new fellas in our village, Mister Underhill and Mister Ferny. While Mister Underhill is a pure and innocent hobbit, he might want to get himself killed should it at some time look as if fate stands against us - to secure victory at least for himself. Mister Ferny is a good-for-nothing if there's ever been one. I'm not sure, however, how much his special ability will help him. Since he can only send a name, and no reasoning, his guess at gifteds is actually worse than each wraith's own one. As Aganzir (I think) said, he might use his ability to identify himself to the wraiths. (Ha! I wonder whether he'll be gutsy enough to dare give his own name to this end in Night 2. )
Anyway, especially with this conscious cursed villager around, it's extra important to get a wraith or two early on.

Quote:
Yeah but would it help us or the wolves more if we pointed out Frodo-ish behaviour in others?
If I understand you correctly, then Frodo-ish behaviour is behaviour meant to get oneself killed. Unless Frodo decides to give hints (for which we should look, of course), the best plan for him (if his plan is to get himself killed, which we don't know) is to either act seerish or appear as innocent and unlikely to lynch as possible - but those people we certainly should not start lynching because of that. The exception I could think of would be a seerish person who keeps and keeps on living.

Quote:
If I was him I'd certainly try to get myself killed and become a wolf
Frodo just wants to win. If the innocent side seems stronger, he'll try to avoid being killed (like everybody), if the evil side seems stronger, he might try to set himself up. I don't think he tries to be killed from toDay on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinlómien
Everytime is see "xe" I think of the stereotypical German way of mispronouncing "the"
I don't like zem eizer, but now I'm tempted to start using zem just to annoy you.

There seems to be a bit of a confusion as to who our and the wraiths' main targets are. Us: wraiths. Wraiths: Butterbur. And it will stay like that unless Butterbur is dead or some uncommon situation arises.

I don't have any suspects yet... I need to change that...
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 03:57 PM   #88
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
*glares at Agan* I won't really go to this nit-picking dicatatorship of yours again, but I will tell you at least this once. Because it helps me too if I try to analyse what exactly it was that made me raise my eyebrows.

Quote:
However I find it quite possible the wraiths will learn Ferny's identity soon enough as xe can give them xer opinions etc.
I can't see that. And that alone wouldn't help them because Ferny too should know them before they can form an alliance. I don't think we should worry about Ferny. I think you're making him a big threat which I can't see him being, and that makes me wonder. Who on earth would want to portray the situation in such grim light? Ferny herself, perhaps?

Quote:
Yeah but would it help us or the wolves more if we pointed out Frodo-ish behaviour in others? That's what I meant.
Weird again. The wolves, obviously.

Quote:
Lommy, Legate and Nerwen look innocent enough thus far, of the others I have absolutely nothing to say.
Nerwen just after one bantery post, eh?

Haha, this looks suspiciously like a case. But it's not one. I don't really suspect you. (I don't suspect anyone.) I just went to see what exactly could have created the weird image I had of you...

This is silly, I have to vote soon and my only even very very vague suspect is Agan - one of the most contributing players this far and someone I always seem to get in rows. But she voted me on Day1 once with silly and lightweight reasons, so I can do that to her if I can't think of anything else.

I'm possibly off to reread now, depends on whether I x-post with interesting stuff...

edit: xed with Aganzir and Mac (and very glad to see him around, it has been too long since we last played ww together)
Old 01-22-2009, 03:57 PM   #89
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Shasta, you're an Aquarius, correct?

Even showing up as late as I did, I almost had the opportunity to make my point about Mr. Underhill before anyone else, but then Nog had to go and mess it up for me. Eh. Revealing may be the best thing Frodo can do for the village. If we know who he is, as soon as a kill is missed (Frodo is changed) we can lynch him. Also, there is no incentive for a baddie to falsely reveal as Frodo, since changing the real Frodo will get the false Frodo lynched. Maybe he could serve as a known innocent of sorts? Nevertheless, it's up to the ringbearer.

On the other hand, if Bill Ferny doesn't count as a baddie in the head count, he is really no more powerful than a cobbler who has the ability to clue the wolves in to his own identity. This gives us some hope of catching him, as well as the wolves, since, knowing no more than any ordinary villager, the most he can realistically do is use daytime hints in addition to his nighttime messages to help the wolves find him.

By the way, I'm a Pisces (a real one).

EDIT: X'd with the whole page and God only knows what else. By the way, I'm a fan of the gender-neutral pronouns, myself, but since we have a built-in gender for our gifted characters in this game, I went with that.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 04:04 PM   #90
Gollum the Great
Shade of Carn Dűm

Gollum the Great has just left Hobbiton.
Narrowing down those to vote for...

Beregond and Mirandir get the newbie's prize. No vote for either today.

Meneltarmacil: I've only played one game with him, and that one not very actively. So he stays for now.

Durelin: See Menel, only no games.

Nogrod and Legate: their advice will be of use, assuming they're not wraiths. They stay- for now.
Old 01-22-2009, 04:05 PM   #91
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Mister Ferny is a good-for-nothing if there's ever been one. I'm not sure, however, how much his special ability will help him. Since he can only send a name, and no reasoning, his guess at gifteds is actually worse than each wraith's own one. As Aganzir (I think) said, he might use his ability to identify himself to the wraiths. (Ha! I wonder whether he'll be gutsy enough to dare give his own name to this end in Night 2. )
Something in this phrasing troubles me a little... I don't like it how much Mac has been thinking about this (or then I don't like the fact that I don't see how Ferny can identify himself to the wolves, but whatever, under no circumstances say it aloud) nor do I like him saying "this end". What the ?? It sounds like he was a wraith and made a silly slip.

And zis is what I like ze least:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
I don't like zem eizer, but now I'm tempted to start using zem just to annoy you.

edit: xed with Klonkku Suuri
Old 01-22-2009, 04:08 PM   #92
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mirandir is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Something in this phrasing troubles me a little... I don't like it how much Mac has been thinking about this (or then I don't like the fact that I don't see how Ferny can identify himself to the wolves, but whatever, under no circumstances say it aloud) nor do I like him saying "this end". What the ?? It sounds like he was a wraith and made a silly slip.
i
Or he could have made that "slip" unintentionally and is trying to lure you off the pace of the real wraiths. Just an idea.
Old 01-22-2009, 04:09 PM   #93
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirandir View Post
Or he could have made that "slip" unintentionally and is trying to lure you off the pace of the real wraiths. Just an idea.
Oh yes, but then he's Ferny and he deserves to be lynched too.

But people always make horrible messes out of "slips"... I'd just like Mac to clarify that sentence.
Old 01-22-2009, 04:15 PM   #94
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
About Barry and Andy - I, too, don't like to vote for newbies on Day one. However, I see no reason to assume newbies are innocent, and I will be keeping my eye on you both! I also have no scruples about voting newbies on Day Two.

Mac, that was a clever move you made there, but don't you think it might bring you under unwanted scrutiny?
(Lommy, I don't mean the "this end" thing, which is a pretty common figure of speech, to my eyes).

At the moment Nerwen is tripping my reindeer.... I think I'll refrain from saying more for the moment. Anyone care to make a guess?

EDIT: X'd with Lommy and fixed a stupid typo. One too many "o"s in "to". I can't leave it that way, it makes my eyes burn.
Old 01-22-2009, 04:16 PM   #95
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
(Agan, just find out your birth time and use one of the many online calculators.)
Yeah I've tried that but they give me different results. I was born half an hour past midnight around the date Sagittarius moves into Capricorn (is that the right way to say it? No? Anyway you understand what I mean). So I have no idea which one I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
If I understand you correctly, then Frodo-ish behaviour is behaviour meant to get oneself killed.
Yeah that's what I meant, and you phrased it better than I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
I can't see that. And that alone wouldn't help them because Ferny too should know them before they can form an alliance. I don't think we should worry about Ferny. I think you're making him a big threat which I can't see him being, and that makes me wonder. Who on earth would want to portray the situation in such grim light? Ferny herself, perhaps?
Okay I admit I am more paranoid about the cobbler than I usually am, but that is because Boro was the cobbler in last game.
However I think the wraiths & Ferny would find a way to exchange information and find out one another's identities, and that is why I said it aloud in the first place. It'll be more difficult for them if we try to watch for that kind of behaviour. And okay now I realise it might have been better to remain quiet about it, wait and see.

Quote:
Well what I thought was that if we pointed out possible Frodo hints we saw, there would be smaller chances that the wolves would attack these players as they might be protected or the newly turned Frodo would be easily tracked the following day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomz
Nerwen just after one bantery post, eh?
She had two.

Argh I'm dead tired and I should just vote and go to sleep.

edit: xed with Gollie
Old 01-22-2009, 04:17 PM   #96
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Well, great. Lot of interesting stuff has appeared meanwhile, most interesting actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Yeah but would it help us or the wolves more if we pointed out Frodo-ish behaviour in others? That's what I meant.
Both. It's a double-sided weapon. For myself, I would try to spot it, but keep it to myself. Only after a strange Night, when we suddenly have four Wraiths (I guess we'll know that... or will we? Moddess?), we may bring forth our thoughts on who has been turned.

Quote:
The thing is, I'm not sure if Mr. Baggins wants to do that. If I was him I'd certainly try to get myself killed and become a wolf (but then again, I love being a wolf, whereas some people like to have different tactics. I remember my first game where Kit the Shade [kind of an assassin/seer/ranger] sided with the village against all odds [and killed me on the last night]).
Well, that's you. I thought the basic idea was that he was supposed to try to be on the side of the goodies as long as possible, but I guess the rules would have to be more clear on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beregond View Post
And I'm disappointed no one suspects me yet. Am I not sinister enough? I have access to swords, even if they aren't very good...
Be disappointed, but I don't actually suspect you yet. I was thinking about giving you some advice of an experienced herring-tradesman, but later I rethought, as I thought that it actually might be good if we have somebody's new, fresh point of view unbiased by previous experiences (unless, of course, your point of view is biased by the sunlight, as I heard the Wraith's sight is. But for now I am not suspecting you, like I said).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gollum the Great View Post
Socialism! *Is scared out of mind* Evil Legate, I for one will not redistribute my property amongst the great unwashed! *Closes Castle drawbridge* Ahh! Now my loot- that is to say my well earned capital will remain in competent hands.
Don't worry, Gollum. Once you are lynched or killed or whatever, I will make sure to confiscate your property for the State. Ha, confiscating swords... that sounds like another nice profession to do... I wonder if it could be passed as an order from the Party... so, if you by chance are not lynched or cannot be killed (being a Ringwraith), I will make sure it's confiscated nevertheless.

Quote:
It's generally considered fair that newbies get a chance to play a bit longer than one day. It doesn't apply to everything, though - if you do something outrageously suspicious, you might get lynched very quickly.
Well, it's no real rule, but people try to be nice like that, generally

Quote:
I agree with whoever it was that situation looks good. For the moment. What seems to be overlooked is that hanging over the Pony like the Sword of Damacles is the danger of losing an ordo and gaining another wraith. The Ringbearer will be their prime target and we cant spend valuable time chit-chatting (like me, for instance). Once a couple of Wraiths are gone then we'll be on fairly solid ground. Also I agree with the other whoever it was that Beregond and Mirandir should be given a day or two- but not necessarily the game. Remember me in Di's game, using "newbieness" as a cloak for for my evil? I hope there isn't a repetition of that here.
Okay, this post - it made me a bit suspicious of you, Gollum. All the day ranting about nothing (okay, of course I understand), but now you are doing a... hmmm... "Gollum 180°"? (Not so hard for him. He is very agile.) But, actually, not so as much when I read your post again - what I was trying to say, it could have been programmed from a Wraith to behave like this and try now to seem nice and reasonable and all, even "self-critical" and "self-confessing" (this previous game thing), however, it would have been far better if you said this in the first half of the Day and not now... hmm... okay, true, it's just me and the Europeans for whom the time ends, Americans have the day in front of themselves yet... Well, okay, so, if you wish me to formulate it sensibly: I am a bit more aware of you, but not as much yet to call you a Wolf without reservations (or Wraith, for that matter).

Quote:
Well the Ringbearer is an ordo for now, but xer death is probably only a matter of time. I think the best thing to do might be to remain quiet about who we think could be the RB and bring these points up only if the wolves get xem. Then we wouldn't help the wraiths or Billy to find xer, either.
Yes, actually, as you can see, I thought that as well originally - although I should mention one more thing, as I went through various stages of thinking, I also thought of this - there is one way of helping by revealing our thoughts on who Frodo is, and that is that we may help the Seer to See him. For old Barney Butterbur will know Frodo, and then could tell the Ranger, right? But still, it is probably safer to stay put about him for the time being.

Quote:
Agreed. It's Bill Ferny we should go after, assuming xe is an asset to the wraiths. Does Ferny have any powers as an informant, or is xe only special because he can contact the wraiths, indirectly?
No, no, no. If you notice any Ferny, you should just ignore him, because his purpose is to make mess. We should go after the Wraiths, not Ferny.

Quote:
About Frodo. I think that Frodo should actually do the decent thing and reveal himself if he felt he was in danger of being killed by Night. That way we could lynch him and prevent the birth of a fourth ringwraith. When Frodo is in danger great enough to reveal should surely rest on the ringbearer him(her)self; we others should not push him but should point that out.
That's exactly what I thought. Aganzir made me only aware of that, though, it depends on the Bearer's conscience.

Quote:
About Ferny. I suggest we cut off the speculation about that old scrooge for Day1. Let's not help him. The less we speculate about him, the more he has to do himself.
Eeexactly.

Quote:
The same goes with Dury's ranger impersonation. Let the wolves chew it for the time being. We should bother ourselves with it only later if it looks like it.
What? I must have missed something. Or are you pulling something, Nogrod? (Or I am dumb?)

All right. Now one interesting thing. This Fëa's post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
Well, as it's the first day and I have had no dreams that I wish to lay carefully before you, and I've got no evil plans I'd like to implement, I need somebody to suspect.

Innocents on Day One atypically have anybody to gun for based on actual evidence, so I figured I should come up with some sort of guideline to slim down the pool of possible people for me to latch onto immediately. Usually on the first day I pick at total random because I have nothing better to go on yet. This time I decided that 'enthusiasm = reason for enthusiasm' seemed like a pretty fair thing to go on.

Thus my otherwise random suspicion (since I have nothing solid to go on).
Okay, I quote just a bit, but on first sight it's probably nothing in particular - but it's been the post as a whole. I have been thinking. She said twice "dream" in her post, and even otherwise, it seemed... well, weird. And this suspicion for Sally, okay, one could look at it from various angles, but then I thought of one thing...
What if she is the Informer?
The Cobbler, simply. Cobbling around. Making a mess. I would not have given any much special importance to either just by itself - saying "dream" twice like that and this suspicion can be anything - but if you think about it as a Cobbler, it kind of makes sense. So...?

The only thing is - is the Informer actually a Cobbler? Because in fact he is not so. However, by confusing people, he could help the Wolves - what else would he do, besides trying to point out the Ringbearer. And mainly, by Cobbler-ish behavior, he may try to get the Wraith's attention.

Quote:
Agan does not quite sit right with me anyway. She does not suspect me (yet) and she says weird stuff. Also, she's a cruious mixture of her late noisy ordo-style and her reserved wolf-style of past. That seems a bit fishy to me. Okay, I don't want to judge this quickly, but I'm keeping an eye on xer.
I wonder why or what. Okay, she may be - as she is often - doing this "seeming innocent, but not being so". But actually this far I do not think even that, or at least nothing rings my alarms (well, which may be the problem, but whatever). I wonder however...

Quote:
I quite like Fea's tactics. It makes me feel pretty good about her. But it does also look like a terribly convenient way of wolfing around.
Now this is interesting when I consider what I just thought of Fea (associating? The question is, if you - as a Wraith - would be able to discern Fea as Informer just from what she said before, mainly, since you claim you crossed with that last post of hers, which made me suspect her).

Anyway, combined with the way you post... your posting is weird. It was the first post, and this one is it again, so it was not just a random thing. If I were to try to define it, you are posting here and there "joking" bits, which can't be even serious, like this:

Quote:
And what's this show of Nogrod's about making just a few posts? Nonsense, I say!
While trying to appear reasonable and post reasonable sometimes at the same time. It does not make much sense to me. It does not feel like you, basically.

EDIT: X-ed since Little Green
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 04:18 PM   #97
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Ra Ra Rasputin

I disagree with you Legate, I do not think that Brinn or Lommy has said anything of substanse. . . It is just the usual "look at me I am all serious about the game" nonsense that allways pops up, it is no more usefull than the in charachter banter, but it is less intertaining.

It would be foolish of me to assume them evil because of these comments, but it is worth taking a note about. It shows that they to some degree would like to be viewed as people who are focused on catching the evil-doers.

Anyways I am afraid I won't be around much today, I have many things that needs tending to.
(I am babysitting my little brother)

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 04:18 PM   #98
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Agan - you ruined my nice sort of plan by sounding innocent.

Rikae - I feel like an idiot.

edit: xed with Legate and Runne
Old 01-22-2009, 04:20 PM   #99
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
My previous post was originaly written just after Legate had written post nr 47. but I lost connection to the barrow-downs. Anyways I am back home for an hour or so and will try to read through the action and contribute a bit.

Old 01-22-2009, 04:20 PM   #100
Beregond
Playful Ghoul

Beregond is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I go away for an hour and I feel so behind! Posts come in faster than I can read (literally)! Does this mean I can't go to bed tonight? I won't be able to post as much in days to come...today is unusual in that I haven't been very productive, so I have time to WW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
Gondy? I like that. Or maybe Gondie?
Gondy? Not bad! I prefer it over Gondie though - Gondy is more masculine. Just don't call me Ghandi - too much to live up to.
Old 01-22-2009, 04:25 PM   #101
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
Hello, children. I meant to stop in this morning at work, except I um... couldn't access the... village...

Anyway, I'm here and my only goal for day one is to try to scare wolves by attempting to vote for one, given that logically their only real fear on Day 1 is to be accidentally caught, since they haven't left behind any clues yet that could actually lead straight to them.

I think... Sally.

Sally shall be my go-to person for a lynch target for now.

She just seems to enthusiastic, and I tend to find that the more enthusiastic players on day one usually have a special role.

So I shall just go take a bit of my belladonna now, nap for a little while, take advantage of an unexpectedly free afternoon...
Awwww, thanks sweetheart. I feel so loved!

(Actually, I just REALLY didn't want to do my paper.)

Quote:
Sorry to come in this late but I actually had a 14-hour workday today and have basically just come home and eaten the first time today (10PM). I'll be reading next and come back then.
*hugs you* Poor kid. I hope you've got a full tummy (and leftovers ) and can get a chance to relax.

So, apparently Gollum has a vote. Good for Golly. Good Golly, in fact. (Two points. First, I am really sleep deprived. Second, Agan, I love you for coming up with that name. Made me giggle.) I'm almost certainly going to wait a while to vote (I actually plan on taking a nap, if no one minds) but I'm pretty sure I won't be voting him.

Anyway, to nap land, but I'll be back later and since I'm no longer trying to avoid my paper I'll probably post something of at least some substance.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 04:27 PM   #102
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Good catch about Mac Lommy. Because that just looks like either "Hey I'm Billy and I'm gonna give you my name this night!" or "Hey Billy would you like to give us your name?".

Quote:
I thought the basic idea was that he was supposed to try to be on the side of the goodies as long as possible
I recall Kitanna said it's up to the RB in the admin thread... At least I think so. It might have been another thing as well.

Quote:
What? I must have missed something. Or are you pulling something, Nogrod? (Or I am dumb?)
You remember how Aragorn was first pictured in Lotr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomz
Sorry love.

Okay I'll go take a shower & be back to vote. I find it immensely unfair though that you only start posting when I want to go to sleep!

edit: xed with Rune, Berry & sally
Old 01-22-2009, 04:29 PM   #103
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
Now this is interesting when I consider what I just thought of Fea (associating? The question is, if you - as a Wraith - would be able to discern Fea as Informer just from what she said before, mainly, since you claim you crossed with that last post of hers, which made me suspect her).
I'd love to be so sharp (but I wouldn't love to be a wraith, thank you). The thing with her is that she mostly felt like innocent Fea in her first post, in the second one less so but not suspicious either. And I must add she always talks about dreams and confuses people with her manner, whatever her role.

I should go to sleep now. And I should vote. The problem is that there's no one who'd strike me as particularily wolvish.

And thanks to Rune I have a certain very silly song stuck in my head.

edit: xed with Salt and Agony
Old 01-22-2009, 04:29 PM   #104
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
1420!

Urghhh. I'm sorry to be late, guys. I'm having the worst hangover ever after last night and

**BBBLLLAAAARRRRGGGHHH**

Ooh, sorry. I'll go clean that up.

Anyhow, about this post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
you can actually rest assured you're not lynched because of trying to actually do something...
Unless you're Nog, in which case you'll be killed Day One no matter what you do.
Now, now, I think Nog will probably last until Day 2, given my presence.

OK, about Ferny and the Ringbearer, I agree that Frodo should reveal xyrself to us at some point, but probably not on Day One or Day Two. Three might be a good time to consider it. As for Ferny, I suggest looking at those who ask a lot of prying questions while shying away from revealing xyr findings to us (that is, gathering information but not letting us in on it).

Now I'd like another beer, please. I need to drink this terrible headache off, and Macalaure's post about Frodo is not helping it either.
Old 01-22-2009, 04:31 PM   #105
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mirandir is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
(Re: Fea)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
She said twice "dream" in her post, and even otherwise, it seemed... well, weird. And this suspicion for Sally, okay, one could look at it from various angles, but then I thought of one thing...
What if she is the Informer?
However, Fea has traditionally been known to do whatever she can to throw people off track, including alluding to roles that she does not actually have. To give something away this early is more likely than not just part of her grand scheme to get us all hopelessly confused.
Old 01-22-2009, 04:33 PM   #106
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I forgot this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
If I were to try to define it, you are posting here and there "joking" bits, which can't be even serious, like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by me
I don't seriously get why Nog wants to be so quiet. I find it weird. But I also find it amusing and a good topic of making fun of.

Mac gives me headache.

edit: xed with Menel
edit2: and Mira
Old 01-22-2009, 04:34 PM   #107
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
K.

On Day1 one doesn't want to lynch the first-gamers to be sure. So Gondie (I prefer that soo much over a dull Bere... ) or Mira will not receive my vote toDay.

Also those joining the game after a longish pause or those I have not played with in a long time I tend to look more easily on Day1. So I will not be voting Dury, Nerwen or Rune either.

Continuing on principles.

Those who I think are the greatest assets to us if innocent (who fex. can carry the game on when there are a lot fewer players left, or who could be independent-minded enough not to be lured by a strong wolf in the endgame) I'd like to have around. Like those I feel innocentish by the way of theior posting this far, to be sure. So I'm not voting them blindly on this Day1. And that's quite some of you guys. Sure, were there something like actually a believable "case" against one of you I'd be happy to act on it but like Lommy I have found basically only Agan a bit suspicious - but that's not yet enough for me to vote her on Day1.

Well, maybe Mac's post was a bit... having a kind of a calculated spirit on it or something. Somehow it felt to me like a wolf who has nothing to say in earnest and has to stick with "easy" ideas others have already mentioned - and in a manner & style I do find a bit suspicious indeed. I mean compare to Rikae's first post where she acknowledges things have been said by others - and she is even able to crystallise the points she decides to still bring forwards to really hammer down the politics for the innocents. She looks very much innocent, he doesn't so much.

But I will not be voting Mac either toDay. It's too little and too vague to lose him were he an innocent. I just had to say that as I have learned lately my time is short on these villages.

But these demarcations leave me with a list still and even if I'm quite sure we'll have one ringwraith in here "for sure" (statistics), it will be more than hard to say who of them is one.

Not seen around:
Meneltarmacil

Very little to go on and the master of looking innocent:
Brinniel

Always the hardest nut for me to crack:
A Little Green

Just the banter-people:
Lariren Shadow
Shastanis Althreduin
Gollum the Great
satansaloser2005

As now it looks like I'd be drawn to try one of those only banter -people. Maybe I'll vote one of them and then see if I can wake myself up early enough to see whether there is reason to change the vote?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie
Even if that is quite strongly put I must agree at least partly. A terrible time, 8AM...

EDIT: X'd over a host of posts: some of what I said may be due to reconsideration... *goes back to read*
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 04:35 PM   #108
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate on Frodo
Well, that's you. I thought the basic idea was that he was supposed to try to be on the side of the goodies as long as possible, but I guess the rules would have to be more clear on that.
Yeah, I thought the same. If he's an ordo until changed, then I would assume he's "supposed to" behave as an ordo, i.e., try to help the village to win. (Although I can absolutely see the appeal of changing sides.... mwahahaha!)

Quote:

Rikae - I feel like an idiot.
Yeah, I can't put my finger on it, but somehow Agan's words have a ring of truth...

Don't feel like an idiot -actually, it was quite a funny pun when you pointed it out.
Old 01-22-2009, 04:39 PM   #109
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Good catch about Mac Lommy. Because that just looks like either "Hey I'm Billy and I'm gonna give you my name this night!" or "Hey Billy would you like to give us your name?".
Well, now that you drag it all out in the open, it could just as well be intended to confuse Billy and/or the wraiths.
Old 01-22-2009, 04:41 PM   #110
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Continuing my flip-flopping on this topic...

++Aganzir

No, I don't think she's a wraith. She might be but I don't suspect that very much, The problem is that I don't suspect anyone else of being undead either. (Q: What is a 'downsian traitor? A: Undead. Hahahahahaha.)

But I wouldn't be surprised at all if Aggy happened to have Underhill or Ferny as her last name, and that's why I'm picking her instead of someone else just as unwraithish.

And besides, maybe some of our eternal ww-grudges get settled a little if I vote her on Day1 like she did to me a few games ago.

Now I'm going to sleep - my alarm clock is in six hours or so!

edit: xed with Rikae's latest - yes, that's why I said he gives me headache. But he probably gives headache to the baddies too, so I will bear it. Now, really, good night, people!
Old 01-22-2009, 04:41 PM   #111
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
(Ha! I wonder whether he'll be gutsy enough to dare give his own name to this end in Night 2. )
Great. So what shall we do with you now, Mac? Especially if the RW's get your name tonight. Which of course, the normal villagers won't know, but if the RW's see "Mac" tonight, they know who their informer is. A great way to do that. Fantastic, as the villagers won't be there to see it, thus have no evidence against you.

Quote:
If I understand you correctly, then Frodo-ish behaviour is behaviour meant to get oneself killed.
This is a note on the general idea of this being true: Not necessarily. Like I said, I presumed that Frodo would try to play for the village's side and if he were to bring hints, I imagined he would do that to make the village aware that he should be protected or such (cf. the role of the Ranger and the possibility of Barney informing the Ranger of Frodo's identity if he knows!). Only twisted people like Aganzir or TP, who is not among us now here, come up with such ideas like wishing to become a Wraith...

Quote:
Frodo just wants to win. If the innocent side seems stronger, he'll try to avoid being killed (like everybody), if the evil side seems stronger, he might try to set himself up. I don't think he tries to be killed from toDay on.
However, this idea sounds more sensible.

Quote:

All right, Lommy is not as sinister as I thought, not always at least.

I just wonder if Wolf-agan would be so silly (read: careless and likely not to succeed) to do things like that, trying to convince the village or the Ringbearer to point himself out, so that they could catch him... but perhaps, probing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Even showing up as late as I did, I almost had the opportunity to make my point about Mr. Underhill before anyone else, but then Nog had to go and mess it up for me. Eh. Revealing may be the best thing Frodo can do for the village. If we know who he is, as soon as a kill is missed (Frodo is changed) we can lynch him.
Yes, but there's this thing that this way Frodo nobly sacrifices himself (by revealing). And, takes one chance from us lynching a Wraith, okay, he could become one himself, but then, if he is not under direct threat, we may get one Wraith AND have still innocent Frodo among us (you see what I mean?). Unless he is under direct threat, I don't think it's good for him to reveal - also simply playwise (that's what I think Kitanna had in mind when making this role). Otherwise he could reveal on Day 1 in his first post, which I find a bit silly.

Quote:
You remember how Aragorn was first pictured in Lotr?
Okay. I was confused, because it seemed to me that Nog is being serious, and I could not decipher about WHAT.

EDIT: X-ed since Mira
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 01-22-2009, 04:42 PM   #112
Gollum the Great
Shade of Carn Dűm

Quote:
Okay, this post - it made me a bit suspicious of you, Gollum. All the day ranting about nothing (okay, of course I understand), but now you are doing a... hmmm... "Gollum 180°"? (Not so hard for him. He is very agile.) But, actually, not so as much when I read your post again - what I was trying to say, it could have been programmed from a Wraith to behave like this and try now to seem nice and reasonable and all, even "self-critical" and "self-confessing" (this previous game thing), however, it would have been far better if you said this in the first half of the Day and not now... hmm... okay, true, it's just me and the Europeans for whom the time ends, Americans have the day in front of themselves yet... Well, okay, so, if you wish me to formulate it sensibly: I am a bit more aware of you, but not as much yet to call you a Wolf without reservations (or Wraith, for that matter.)
Wait, wait, wait. You claim that I spend the first half of the day joking around. Fine, no issue there. But then you say that I could have been programmed as a wraith to "do a 180", switch around and talk big. I was commenting on things others had spoken which had not been in the thread before. The points had not yet risen, I could not build off them.

And I'm going to leave soon, and so vote within the next 15 minutes I expect.
Old 01-22-2009, 04:43 PM   #113
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

One note. Gondie sounds really, really awful. I am going to call him Gandhi.
Old 01-22-2009, 04:44 PM   #114
Beregond
Playful Ghoul

Beregond is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I had no idea this game was so time-consuming! I'm not sure I want to live till the end, hehe. However, I remain committed to purging the land of wraiths. I have no real suspicions yet, but since I don't know anyone's style, that's no surprise.

I think it's the job of other people to give someone a nickname, so I'll let you call me whatever you like. I hope it's standardized soon, though confusion could work in my favor in later games.

Am I right that the vote must be in by midnight (or the end of the day, whatever time that may be)?.
Old 01-22-2009, 04:48 PM   #115
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

On The Rivers of Babylon

Quote:

And Noggy I wouldn't take weed even if you offered it to me! I am not into smoking you know.
You don't have to smoke it, you know. . .there are other ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
Okay, I've decided to vote

++ Gollum

because he's the one I feel the worst about. I know that's not much said at this point, but if that's the best I can do then it is. Now I'm off to bed and let the little Lommie-Wommie post. Good night and Night.

That was predictable!
Not that Greenie voted for Gollum, but that Gollum would attract votes on day one.

To be honest I have spotted little that I found worthy of mentioning, mostly because I did not read it closely. . .it was not very interesting.

So far my tactics must be to get more atention than fea in this game, yeah I know, but you gotta aim high some times.

Old 01-22-2009, 04:54 PM   #116
Gollum the Great
Shade of Carn Dűm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne View Post
That was predictable!
Not that Greenie voted for Gollum, but that Gollum would attract votes on day one.
Why?
Old 01-22-2009, 04:54 PM   #117
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Well, now that you drag it all out in the open, it could just as well be intended to confuse Billy and/or the wraiths.
Well, but thinking of it, if the Wraiths don't get Mac's name today, then they are clear he is not the Informer. Or from another point of view, if he is not, then the real informer would be silly - after what's been said now - to send Mac's name to the Wraiths. Whereas, great. He could send them his name and they'll be clear. I really don't like it, the more I think of it. What did you think when you said that, Mac? That I would like to know. What gain did you expect from that? What gain for the village?

Quote:
No, I don't think she's a wraith. She might be but I don't suspect that very much, The problem is that I don't suspect anyone else of being undead either. (Q: What is a 'downsian traitor? A: Undead. Hahahahahaha.)
Okay, now this is serious - do you think she just needs some sleep, or is she getting a bit silly?

Quote:
Wait, wait, wait. You claim that I spend the first half of the day joking around. Fine, no issue there. But then you say that I could have been programmed as a wraith to "do a 180", switch around and talk big. I was commenting on things others had spoken which had not been in the thread before. The points had not yet risen, I could not build off them.
Of course. And it's perfectly reasonable, I am aware of that. Okay, my post had a bit two edges: one was this sort of suspicion, the other was intended to be also a "push" for you for the future, eventually, if you are innocent, to post sensibly also in the beginning, not just realise that when it's already almost DL (where I realised, it's just for somebody who is going to sleep, like me). This 180 is actually the main point about the suspicion, simply the sudden change. But like I said, nothing that bad. Explanation accepted.

Quote:
I had no idea this game was so time-consuming! I'm not sure I want to live till the end, hehe. However, I remain committed to purging the land of wraiths. I have no real suspicions yet, but since I don't know anyone's style, that's no surprise.
Well, you'll get used to it - it's always just times when people are around in large numbers, around deadlines and such, in contrary, sometimes it is annoyingly quiet

EDIT: x-ed just with Runne&Gollum
Old 01-22-2009, 04:56 PM   #118
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Is Mac around still? I would really like to hear from him about that...
Old 01-22-2009, 04:57 PM   #119
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Yes, but there's this thing that this way Frodo nobly sacrifices himself (by revealing). And, takes one chance from us lynching a Wraith, okay, he could become one himself, but then, if he is not under direct threat, we may get one Wraith AND have still innocent Frodo among us (you see what I mean?). Unless he is under direct threat, I don't think it's good for him to reveal - also simply playwise (that's what I think Kitanna had in mind when making this role). Otherwise he could reveal on Day 1 in his first post, which I find a bit silly.
True, he might be passed over by the wraiths by night while we lynch them during the day - but, call me pessimistic, I don't think it's very likely he won't be changed. The innocent Frodo, unknown, is a threat, and otherwise no more use than any other ordo. Revealed, he no longer offers much advantage to the baddies.

I haven't played with a cursed villager before, but don't they usually not even know their own roles? A cursed who knows his role is another story altogether. We're not forced to lynch a known, wraith-ified Frodo right away, either, if we have other good prospects, so I don't know how we're forced to miss a chance.

Still, it also occurs to me that a known, but not publicly broadcast, converted Frodo could be even more help to the village in some circumstances. Well, we shall see.
Old 01-22-2009, 05:05 PM   #120
Gollum the Great
Shade of Carn Dűm

Not voting for:

Menel
Mira
Ghandi
Durudude
Nog
Legate

That leaves:

Lommy
Mac
Greenish
Rikae
Sally
Shasta
Lari
Fea
Rune
Brinn
Nerwen
Agan

I don't want to vote for Sally or Shasta, I have nothing to base it on and I don't want to give the impression of taking the jokes too seriously.

Greenie... I don't know. That shot on me seems pretty wild, but then she hasn't got evidence on anyone- that I know of.

*Draws name from hat* and it is...

Find out in Gollum the Great's next post!