The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2008, 04:58 PM   #681
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill the Goomba View Post
I'm going to make the next game slightly different... So, if we're not doing doubles, I want as many players as possible!

Basically, descriptions are going to be limited to ONE SENTENCE, pictures MUST include more than two colours, time limits will be put on again and NO biting.
I might have to reconsider then. . .

I am all for short sentences, but I think a rule like that is way too regid. Could you not just tell people to limit them selves and in case of long sentences, you just tell people to re-do it.

And to be honest the rule about more than two colours is kind of silly. . .what good is that going to do? It would force me to do my drawing (if I was to draw ) on the computer, which in turn would mean a very un original drawing.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 05:11 PM   #682
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Just to add a word or 127...

I think a "one sentence" rule is not rigid enough, seeing as how, in my extensive experience and professional opinion and so on and so forth, it is entirely possible -- especially among such an intelligent and irrepressible group of virtuosos of verbosity as we have assembled here -- to drag out what is technically a single sentence to the length of a short paragraph, as the present performance is intended to demonstrate in a humorous (or at least mildly amusing) fashion; furthermore, considering the generosity of Mr. Hookbill, who has said, and I quote, "I want as many players as possible", I would like to be added to the list for the next game, so it cannot be said that my opinion on this matter is wholly irrelevant.

Last edited by Rikae; 04-15-2008 at 05:15 PM.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 07:13 PM   #683
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
*busts a move and rushes in*

Sorry if it's too late to ask, but would it be alright if I joined this paper telephone?
Like the last time I played, I don't mind whether I'm writing or drawing, once or twice, etc. Though, a friend has interest that I draw, so if possible, probably a draw spot. If not, a sentence spot is fine as well.

Thag you very buch.

~ Ka
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 10:22 PM   #684
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hook son of Bill
Basically, descriptions are going to be limited to ONE SENTENCE, pictures MUST include more than two colours, time limits will be put on again and NO biting.
But what if someone draws with *gasp* a pencil????

Maybe just "use a color", so someone could color any incidental waters with a blue pen, or something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune son of Nogrod
I might have to reconsider then. . .
*edges away* If he's considering biting, would you please not put me next to him? ( )

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 01:20 AM   #685
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

Okay, maybe the 'two colours' thing was a bad idea. I just like the colourful ones.

As for the sentences; I will allow long sentences, but it's usually best when it's less of an accurate description and leaves things open to the 'artist' to draw something crazier.

When you're writing, it's probably best to try and be funny rather than accurate. Try and get a sense of what the people in the picture are thinking... or something like that...
Old 04-16-2008, 02:51 AM   #686
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
The most recent game began at the end of January (28th to be precise). The thread was started in June of last year.
Surely not last year! The year before. And it was already running when I joined (I believe about two PTs were done that far). So if it was June, then June 2006.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
I think a "one sentence" rule is not rigid enough, seeing as how, in my extensive experience and professional opinion and so on and so forth, it is entirely possible -- especially among such an intelligent and irrepressible group of virtuosos of verbosity as we have assembled here -- to drag out what is technically a single sentence to the length of a short paragraph, as the present performance is intended to demonstrate in a humorous (or at least mildly amusing) fashion; furthermore, considering the generosity of Mr. Hookbill, who has said, and I quote, "I want as many players as possible", I would like to be added to the list for the next game, so it cannot be said that my opinion on this matter is wholly irrelevant.
I think Rikae summed it up quite well, even with a good example. If you want to have fun, then you can keep one sentence and be aware of the fact that something like the above quote may appear; or you should, and that I would stand for, make a limit for the number of lines, or letters, or something Or both, which would be maybe for the best. However I like to have the possibility of writing creative long sentences, I think when one is forced to stuff all into smaller space, it has funnier results.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 03:12 AM   #687
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
If we're not doing doubles, I'd prefer drawing.

As for the current round, there's only three people to go. Unfortunately I was not able to upload the pic Oddwen sent me here at the school library, so Mac will only get it later this evening (just if you were wondering...).
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 04:48 AM   #688
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Geez. . . You people have no memory at all.

I have always been against the long sentences, I actually think I was the first who brought the problem with too long sentences up. (The BW the seconded )

What I ment with "regid" is: What if a person have a perfect text which is short, but technically two sentences?

I would much rather that Mr. Hookbill made "guide lines" and reserved the right to ask you to re-write your text if he think it is too long.

Anyways I can live with the one sentence rule as long as the colour one is abbolished and then i don't care what I do. . .although I am best at writting.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 08:27 AM   #689
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne View Post
I would much rather that Mr. Hookbill made "guide lines" and reserved the right to ask you to re-write your text if he think it is too long.
Yes, that may work... I just wanted to add an extra 'challenge' to the proceedings. Perhaps we should have a theme, or something. Yeah, that's a good idea.

I'll add an extra challenge to each task. For example, I might ask a drawer to include, say, mushrooms in their picture some how. Or I may ask a writer to include the word 'hippopotamus'... Sounds like enough scope for amusement to me.
Old 04-16-2008, 09:04 AM   #690
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
How about 150 characters (including spaces) as the maximum? I think it would be good to keep it short and give more freedom to those who draw.

Hookbill, on first sight your idea of giving "challenges" looks good, but on truth to say even I don't agree with it. I think it's more interesting to give more freedom and see what people invent. You decide!
Old 04-16-2008, 09:32 AM   #691
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Home. Where rolling green hills and clear rivers are practically my backyard.
Finduilas is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:

I'll add an extra challenge to each task. For example, I might ask a drawer to include, say, mushrooms in their picture some how. Or I may ask a writer to include the word 'hippopotamus'... Sounds like enough scope for amusement to me.
I think that sounds fun. But it would make it a little more complicated for you, you know.

If you put a time limit to it, this may be a shorter game, so even if it doesn't work the best it won't be the biggest problem.
Old 04-16-2008, 09:55 AM   #692
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Well, nothing against going totally dada... but not sure I'd prefer that over the "classic" PT... it would move the center of the PT somewhere else, and when already you make the sentence limit which should make this PT "fresh", I don't think including any other tasks is necessary and/or particularly enrichening... so I stand with Volo, but like he said, you are the mod.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 04-16-2008, 10:55 AM   #693
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Personally, I think that would be too much. I'm afraid it would end up with people concentrating rather on the challenges they were given and the original sentence would disappear under them - and I don't think that would actually make the PT funnier.
Old 04-16-2008, 02:16 PM   #694
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Okay, so the general consensus is that people are against any gimmicks.

I'm sure if we play our cards right we can still have a fun time with it, even without 'challenges' or the like.
Old 04-16-2008, 11:03 PM   #695
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
Well, nothing against going totally dada... but not sure I'd prefer that over the "classic" PT... it would move the center of the PT somewhere else
Awh, so no Bilbo's Breakfast in Fur, or Uruk's contemplation on the 'gift' of torture?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Even if I hold Dada and its "concept" near and dear, I will have to agree that if we stray too far by adding too many random things (or throwing all traditional standards out the window, literally) we eventually won't be able to match up sentence to picture.
Then we'll have dada poems in the long run. Those are not so fun over time, and people will probably loose the joke and the moment thinking too much about them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill
I'm sure if we play our cards right we can still have a fun time with it
I do hope so, but I have a good feeling that our sentences and pictures will make more than a thousand words.

~ The concept is that there is no concept Ka
Old 04-17-2008, 02:26 AM   #696
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I have nothing to comment on the rules of the next PT, because to be honest, whichever is fine with me...

And considering this round, I forgot to send Mac the picture, so it's my fault that this is taking time... I'll send it to him as soon as I get home, which is in four hours.
Old 04-17-2008, 03:15 AM   #697
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

This is how the next chain is looking...

(Hookbill) - Write
Rune Son of Bjarne - Draw
Thinlómien - Write
Aganzir - Draw
Beregond - Write
Nogrod - Draw
Legate of Amon Lanc - Write
Oddwen - Draw
The Elf-warrior - Write
Volo - draw
Kitanna - write
Eönwë - Draw
Finduilas - write
The Might - Draw
Rikae - Write
THE Ka - Draw
Holbytlass- Write
A Little Green - draw

Any more victims... I mean, volunteers?

Last edited by Hookbill the Goomba; 04-23-2008 at 01:34 PM.
Hookbill the Goomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 06:27 AM   #698
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Any more victims... I mean, volunteers?
*points to lines 6-9 of one sentence post*
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 07:30 AM   #699
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
*points to lines 6-9 of one sentence post*
The funny thing is, I did see that, but for some reason didn't write it on the list. I must be going mad in my old age.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:27 PM   #700
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sorry to repeat, but me too, please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill
I must be going mad in my old age.
Better than senile dementia...

~ Ka
Old 04-18-2008, 04:12 AM   #701
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Holbytlass has just left Hobbiton.
If it's not too late, I'd like to join.
Old 04-21-2008, 01:15 PM   #702
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

The Elf-warrior seems not to have been around on the 'downs so as far as I know, he hasn't even started drawing his pic. I left him a notice on Facebook a couple of days ago, but it seems like he has not been around there either... I hope he appears soon, for otherwise I have to ask for volunteers to substitute him and it would surely be a pity...
Old 04-21-2008, 03:22 PM   #703
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Or Folwren could simply take the place.
Old 04-21-2008, 04:00 PM   #704
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Or, since we have already almost reached the end, we could, unless Folwren objects, of course, just end this round where we stand.

*is impatient to see*
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 06:57 PM   #705
The Elf-warrior
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Elf-warrior is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via Skype™ to The Elf-warrior
Forgive me. I saw the Facebook message, and I finished the picture some days ago, but I only scanned it at college today because my dad didn't know how to work our scanner. However, the file I got is too big to send by email. I'll work on it.
Old 04-22-2008, 12:33 AM   #706
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Elf-warrior View Post
Forgive me. I saw the Facebook message, and I finished the picture some days ago, but I only scanned it at college today because my dad didn't know how to work our scanner. However, the file I got is too big to send by email. I'll work on it.
Great that you're so far, and never mind. If you can't send it via e-mail, could you upload it somewhere (like if you have a Photobucket account, for example) and send me a link? Or whatever. But anyway, I'm so glad to see we're so close to finishing this awesome round... *sharpens claws*
Old 04-22-2008, 02:49 PM   #707
The Elf-warrior
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Elf-warrior is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via Skype™ to The Elf-warrior
Thumbs up

I've emailed my picture to Thinlómien.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:58 AM   #708
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thumbs up

And now I've PMed it to Folwren.

We're ready soon!
Old 04-23-2008, 01:03 PM   #709
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

1/5

Ladies and gentlemen! I proudly present you the newest masterpiece of 13 great artists of our time...
Here it comes!

It all started when Thinlómien – that's me, obviously – took a piece of paper and wrote:
The wedding crashers, Legolas and Gollum, turned Éowyn and Faramir's Big Day into a disaster.

I sent it to Legate of Amon Lanc, who came up with the following

Hookbill the Goomba's conception of what's happening was
"How unlikely a scenario is this?" wondered Gandalf as Gollum and two of the infamous green Fellowship impersonators appeared. Eomer was not convinved but Arwen's stunned face was enugh to cause Aragorn's nose to grow.

This inspired Aganzir, and she took a couple of nice coloured pens and drew this

According to Beregond, the picture could be described as follows
Sitting with a nasally dishonest Elessar, Arwen is surprised by the appearance of an angry Aragorn and Wizard of the East from a green-tinted parallel universe. Gollum has brought them! Gandalf ponders the probability of such an event as Eomer and Firefoot look on.

And behold! Nogrod's mind was filled with the following picture

A Little Green's comment was
The court of king Aragorn ”Pinocchio” Elessar and queen Arwen Undómiel includes Eomer of the Rohirrim, a lazy Gandalf doing algebra, a hobbit dancing riverdance with his heel burning, an enraged Aragorn, and a freakish, over-enthusiastic wizard. Gollum lifts the veil of reality to reveal the universe with the ”Lord of Stellar Rings”.
Old 04-23-2008, 01:04 PM   #710
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

2/5

The Might's picture was crazy, at least if you ask the artist himself

Volo's description of the events was almost as crazy
The Gandalfantastic Five show off with their Powers in front of their headquarters in Minas Tirith. Aragorn's Telescope Nose, Eomer's Three Arms, Gandalf's Super Intelligence and Gollum's Stellar Rings impresses the crowd while Crazy Hobbit practices his Dance of Doom.

But Rikae did not consider her work crazy, she considered it perverted...

Oddwen disagreed
A not-at-all perverted but still disfigured Elessar spies with his little nose a certain three-armed Scotsman wearing a grass kilt; another victim of the nuclear Gollum explosion that he himself was exposed to - Gandalf, though he thought himself very wise didn't see that coming, nor does he see the merry dancing Saucepan Baggins sneaking up on him with nefarious karate skills.

Which led Macalaure to create this mindboggling vision

Which The Elf-Warrior calmly described as
Eomer of the Rohirrim basked in the nuclear glow of a Gollum bomb while Gandalf admired his handiwork and The Saucepan Man prepared to drench Gandalf in beer and Boromir hallucinated that a bush was a pretty woman.

Last edited by Thinlómien; 04-23-2008 at 01:18 PM.
Old 04-23-2008, 01:05 PM   #711
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

3/5

Folwren's vision of these interesting happenings was like this

And according to Legate, the picture showed that
Eomer of the Rohirrim's birthday party was not much of a show, attended only by Gandalf (who showed just one little firework), the Saucepan Man (who amused himself by setting Gandalf's hat on fire), Faramir (who kept dreaming about Arwen and was not interested in anything else) and the isle of Great Britain dressed in a camouflage suit, which in the middle of celebration became bombarded by German planes.

This led Hookbill to draw this

Which led Aganzir to write this
When the decaying Ent is unjustly driven away from Gandalf's firework stand by a German-speaking airplane, his friends want to avenge him: Saucepan Man is so enthusiastic about setting Gandalf on fire that he doesn't even wait for Menel to come. The situation amuses a Rohanian warrior, but Aragorn finds dreaming of Arwen better.

Which, in turn, resulted in Beregond drawing this

Which of course inspired Nogrod to write these memorable words
While Aragorn daydreams and Menel is late, the defeated eye shows Eomer Sauron's comically desperate vision of how it should have ended: people turning against the ents for burning Gandalf while they were never sold the fireworks in the first place being prevented by a German biplane.

Last edited by Thinlómien; 04-23-2008 at 01:18 PM.
Old 04-23-2008, 01:07 PM   #712
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

4/5

Greenie then took her coloured crayons and this appeared on the paper

The Might thought the picture clearly showed that
Menel and others are too late to stop Eomer from having a vision caused by drugs he received from Sauron. Eomer sees Gandalf burned by Ents, Rohirrim trying to buy fireworks from a pizza delivering Red Baron and Aragorn having a dream about Arwen.

Volo depicted it as follows

And Rikae was convinced that it was
Hippie-Boromir's plot: crash a fighter plane into Sam, and therefore be worshipped by aquatic Meneltarmacils.
Old 04-23-2008, 01:08 PM   #713
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

5/5

This led Oddwen to have nightmares and draw the following insanity

Mac could only say that it was something like
In his dreams, Hippie-Boromir gleefully equates killing hobbits with a kamikaze plane to raising baby Sea-Menels.

The Elf-Warrior then decided it was time for something like this

And finally, Folwren finished the poor paper telephone round off by noting that
Upon a purple bed of stone, Boromir dreams of Gondorian Kamikazes targeting hobbit holes and feeding the remains of the inhabitants to sea serpents.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, was the end of the story.
Old 04-23-2008, 01:19 PM   #714
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

*Is dead*

That was AMAZING!! Thumbs up all round!

I liked Folwren's picture. Not sure why...

Aganzir interpritation of my ramblings was worth its weight in gold!

Well done Lommy! Now that this round is finished, I'm going to start the next one right away!
Old 04-23-2008, 01:24 PM   #715
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
YAY! Excellent, excellent job everybody.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 01:28 PM   #716
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Hilarious! I especially laughed at Mac's pic and Arwen's expression in Agan's pic and Rikae's sentence...
Quote:
Hippie-Boromir's plot: crash a fighter plane into Sam, and therefore be worshipped by aquatic Meneltarmacils.
*still chuckling at the whole thing* This certainly made my day. Loved it! How can it possibly change that much?

And Hookbill, if it's still or yet possible, sign me in for the next one.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 01:30 PM   #717
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Oh my, this was really hilarious. All these Menels!

This was definitely worth it. I love Oddwen's pic especially, but also Greenie's pic (that Menel, and then the plane, and their quotes ) and Beregond's pic - the whole composition of it is just amazing! And interpretations, like the one Rikae did for Volo's pic... craziness...

Well, I think I haven't seen that funny PT for some time.
Old 04-23-2008, 01:31 PM   #718
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
This was just crazy.

Especially...
Legate's Legolas is disgusting.
Miggy's people look like they were nudists.
Am I the only one who thinks Rikae's Aragorn looks suspiciously much like Mac?
I'm still laughing at Oddwen's nuclear Gollum explosion and the pic Mac drew of it. And how Saucie came there.
Hookbill's ent and Achtung-plane had me laughing for minutes when I first received the picture.
I love Beregond's pic, especially the plane.
Greenie's Menel is just incredibly cute! ...And that plane.
Oddwen, I love that pic. Those Menels, oh my god... :'D

edit: xed since Oddwen
Old 04-23-2008, 01:42 PM   #719
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Yes, it was a lovely crazy round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan
Am I the only one who thinks Rikae's Aragorn looks suspiciously much like Mac?
When you wrote that, Greenie and I had to go back to check the pic and we both cracked up when we saw it. So true.

This is so amazing, every single picture is hilarious (I've been giggling at them when they've come to me one by one) and the sentences are very funny too.

And one good thing was that nothing remained of the original sentence. If you set the first and the last sentences after each other, it makes hardly any sense. I mean, how on earth can you get from
"The wedding crashers, Legolas and Gollum, turned Éowyn and Faramir's Big Day into a disaster."
to
"Upon a purple bed of stone, Boromir dreams of Gondorian Kamikazes targeting hobbit holes and feeding the remains of the inhabitants to sea serpents."
?
Old 04-23-2008, 03:04 PM   #720
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Just plain crazy... and therefore fun!

Oh my!

I'll ramble over this tomorrow as it's late but really, hats off to everyone!
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote