The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-29-2005, 07:33 AM   #361
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Evisse's Voting:

Day One: absent
Day Two: Lalaith
Day Three: Hookbill
Old 06-29-2005, 07:52 AM   #362
Saurreg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Saurreg has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Saurreg Send a message via MSN to Saurreg
Littlemanpoet also suspected what I suspected - that Anguriel was the seer.

Whether the realization came from a human or werewolf perspective remains to be seen.
Old 06-29-2005, 07:58 AM   #363
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Saurreg, don't worry about LMP right now. He can be dealt with if we're wrong about Evisse, but I feel that it's very important that we take care of her first.
Old 06-29-2005, 08:04 AM   #364
Saurreg
Shade of Carn Dûm

The cursed villager still walks among us and I fear that if we miss today, we will end up with two werewolves tomorrow.
Old 06-29-2005, 08:11 AM   #365
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

That's not necessarily true. I was under the impression that 1) the cursed doesn't know he/she's cursed and 2) if he/she dies during the DAY hours, nothing happens.

Our cursed could be dead and rotting for all we know. On the other hand, we've still got fond memories of our Seer, who highly suspected Evisse.

Do what I did and go down through the list, if you don't want to take my work for it:

Celuien: cleared by Ang
Fea: cleared by Fea, somewhat believed by Ang
Firefoot: cleared (at least for now) by me, mostly unsuspected by Ang
Lalaith: cleared by Ang
Saurreg: cleared by Ang, second Shirriff
Evisse: not even remotely cleared by Ang, very suspicious by me
LMP: not particularly cleared by Ang, latently suspicious by me

If we kill Evisse, we're following up on the words of our late (great) Seer. If she turns out innocent, then oops, oh crap, we'll kill Fea. How's that for a deal? You've still got the numbers to win. Take my word on this one, and then if I'm wrong, kill me. You really can't lose.
Old 06-29-2005, 08:19 AM   #366
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Once more... the voting.

Those Ang believed innocent without a doubt now have *'s around their names.

Day 4

Hookbill - 5 (Anguirel, *Saurreg*, lmp, *Celuien*, Lalaith)
lmp - 1 (Fea)

Did not vote: Evisse, Firefoot

Voting of:
Day 3
Day 2
Day 1

I am in agreement that Evisse is probably our third wolf. As a rule, when she votes, she has voted late when the outcome of the voting was pretty much decided. Because of this, it would make sense for her to vote for Hookbill on Day 3, but abstain on Day 4 (indeed, giving every possible reason not to vote for him).

Saurreg, we don't know if we still have the Cursed villager or not. If the cursed villager was lynched, we wouldn't know it. All we would know is that we lynched a villager - therefore it could have been Oddwen, Nilpaurion, or Eomer. We don't know. (It says so in TGWBS's first post.)
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 08:21 AM   #367
Saurreg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Unfortunately what we believe in may not be shared by others.

I am tempted to propose a double lynch - of both Evisse and LMP. However that would require the cooperation of Celuien, Lalaith and Firefoot.

Both E & L might vote for each other but chances are they would choose a common third party in the dying minutes of the round and dump their votes on him. It would then be up to anyone of us two (with very quick reflexes) to level out the votes again so that in the end three would be executed.

I am quite confident that by employing such drastic procedure, we would stand a high chance of lynching the last werewolf today.
Old 06-29-2005, 08:30 AM   #368
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

stop a couple'a angels from entering a church and thus negating all existance.

I'm up for it Saurreg. It would simplify (and complicate) things to get it all over in a swift double-lynching. Simplify because they're both dead, but complicate because we don't know when voting will end so we'd have to hover all day. However, if we can't figure out a way to get them both, then do not worry about LMP. It's more important that Evisse dies today.
Old 06-29-2005, 08:39 AM   #369
Evisse the Blue
Brightness of a Blade

Evisse the Blue has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Evisse the Blue Send a message via Yahoo to Evisse the Blue Send a message via Skype™ to Evisse the Blue
I know I said I wasn't gonna offer any new judgement and let myself get lynched without a struggle but I want to point out that it makes sense for the remaining wolf to go with a vengeance after someone so transparently guilty like myself.

Secondly, as an innocent that I am (which will be revealed at the end of the Day), I know I don't have any clear certainties even at this point. So it really doesn't make sense for the innocents to focus on one individual and completely overlook the others. Feanor seems pretty desperate to accuse only me, based only on Anguirel's hazy suspicion, which, I'd like to point out, couldn't have been supported by any dream.

Saurreg's idea of keeping the remaining cornered beast in check by lynching more than one person today would work well I think.

But it all depends on who will be the other choice.
Old 06-29-2005, 08:52 AM   #370
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

great tequilas

Evisse, the reason I'm all over you like ants on honey is not only because Ang pointed to you.

There's also my list. Some members I could cross out because Ang cleared them officially. Others, I crossed out because I cleared them personally. When I got to the end of the list, I was left with you and LMP. Since I only latently suspect LMP, while I think that your transparency is you practicing my long time belief of it being a great idea to hide in the open, I see you as the more dangerous one.
Old 06-29-2005, 09:28 AM   #371
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I was going to say much that Saurreg has already covered in his first post of TODAY. There is, however, one thing he is wrong about:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel
Lalaith I could still be wrong about...
Lalaith was someone about whom our late Seer was not sure, but hoped he was.

I wish that Ang had not been quite so "Feanorian" in his response to your "ineffectual seer" post, because Hookbill's doom was already pretty much assured. So I bemoan the fact that he said he'd kill himself if Hookie was innocent, because that really left no room for doubt that he knew he'd be dead today anyway by being so blunt about it. So Hookie was going to get lynched anyway, but we could have had our Seer still undercover and available to dream of the werewolf on this latest night. For all we know, he DID dream of the werewolf, but cannot tell us for obvious reasons. So a bit of mercurial self-defense has let the werewolf slip our notice yet again.

Granted, Saurreg, that if Ang had not been so blunt, you might have been after his hide and we might have had a double lynching of both seer and werewolf, but the odds of that were, I don't know, something like 6 to 1.

So now we must take a stab at who the last werewolf is. I noticed this from Saurreg:
Quote:
If we go by my dual theory of werewolf voting behaviour, I'd say the last wolf voted for Hookbill to save its own skin. Look for the votes there. Signs such as sudden reversals in belief, voting patterns or just plain too-good-to-be-true posts explaining the rationale behind the votes may yield alot.
As you noted in a later post, a sudden voting reversal could be seen in either light. Quite right. If I were the werewolf, and I kind of knew that Hookbill was going to get lynched, I'd have switched my vote the first opportunity I saw. But I'm not the werewolf, and I was, as I said before, responding to the seer's clear indication.

By the way, the cursed villager may not still walk among us. If the cursed villager is lynched, she or he is dead. Only if a werewolf kills the cv, does the cv become a werewolf.

I believe my posting history bears out that I have been suspicious of Evisse myself. Of course, Feanor's mercurial play continues to leave me unsettled as well.
littlemanpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 10:15 AM   #372
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Most excellently played, gallant Anguirel. You have not died in vain.

At least his death has cleared up what has been worrying me for days, that he might be werewolf. I knew (obviously) that I was innocent, so as soon as Anguirel started defending me, I realised the only way he could know, was because he was either the Seer or a werewolf.
If he was a werewolf, he was befriending me in order to gain credibility for himself, when I was killed and my innocence proven.
I was worried, you see, by his and Esgal's absence on the first day, and drew a possible link between this and the failure of anyone to defend Esgal when phantom nominated her. To add to this theory there was the death of Azaelia on the first night: she was the first on the list, alphabetically, *after* Anguirel. Neither Esgal nor Anguirel were there that first night, so left to his own devices, the lone wolf, especially if he were a nervous newbie, might simply have gone for the first one on the list.
Anyway, enough of this now-redundant theory, Anguirel has proved to be honest, wise and true and now we must honour his memory by catching the last werewolf.

We are now thanks to Anguirel, fortunate enough to have three proven innocents: Saurreg, Celuien and myself, which puts the villagers in a very strong position. I know some of you have pointed out that Anguirel didn't unequivocally back me in his last post. To this I would reply that I think he was trying to leave a bit of doubt, for a slim chance of being left uneaten last night.
I don't think he would have risked voting for Nilp to save me, instead of Hookbill who he knew for sure was a wolf, if he hadn't been sure I was innocent.

I agree that we need to do some mass lynching in order to win, and I'll co-operate with Saurreg on this. But I'm sorry to do it because innocents will die and I quite understand that villagers who have got this far want to survive until the end.
Old 06-29-2005, 10:26 AM   #373
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Oh but Saurreg, I'm not entirely sure who to lynch, as we have a day I think we should discuss the possibilities. I want to go through the evidence first so that we pick wisely.
It would be a total bummer if, despite a double lynching, we failed to get the wolf and he then was lucky enought to land himself a recruit overnight. That way we would be down to 3 villagers and two wolves, not a good place to be.

Last edited by Lalaith; 06-29-2005 at 10:36 AM.
Lalaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 10:40 AM   #374
Evisse the Blue
Brightness of a Blade

Send a message via MSN to Evisse the Blue Send a message via Yahoo to Evisse the Blue Send a message via Skype™ to Evisse the Blue
Fortune cookie of the day is: "The more one knows, the less one believes"

Actually let this be the fortune cookie of the entire game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil
Evisse, the reason I'm all over you like ants on honey is not only because Ang pointed to you.

There's also my list. Some members I could cross out because Ang cleared them officially. Others, I crossed out because I cleared them personally.
Could you elaborate on that?
Old 06-29-2005, 11:33 AM   #375
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

what did you say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet
Of course, Feanor's mercurial play continues to leave me unsettled as well.
I am unsettling. I am mysterious. I do things for reasons that I am unlikely and/or unwilling to explain. You think I'm going to stop acting that way just to please you? Perhaps if you all read a bit closer to what people have been saying, you wouldn't be so confused by what I'm saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myself
There's also my list. Some members I could cross out because Ang cleared them officially. Others, I crossed out because I cleared them personally.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evisse
Could you elaborate on that?
*facepalm*

Sure, why not. Innocents are underlined.

Celuien: cleared by Anguirel with no room for doubt.

Fea: duh.

Firefoot: She backed me in the very beginning, saying that intentionally killing innocents (tp's campaign) was a bad idea. What kind of wolf campaigns against killing innocents? Also, although he left room for doubt because he wasn't certain, Footie was very low on Ang's suspect list. He didn't clear her exactly, but he wasn't worried about her, and niether am I.

Lalaith: been allied with our Seer from the beginning. That can't be taken for granted. Yesterday I accused her on faulty evidence, but once it was corrected, I saw how slip-shod that particular theory was and dropped it. I've actually got a working theory that she's our Hunter, which is part of why I don't want to kill her. She'd take someone else out with her, and I'm not sure who that person would be. If she planned on taking out, say... LMP... I'd say "Sure, let's kill her. We might be wrong and she could be the wolf and not a hunter, but if she is the hunter, she takes out one of my biggest suspects." But since I'm pretty sure she's innocent, and I'm not nearly so sure if she's Gifted, I'm not even going to bother offering up the idea of slaying her.

Saurreg: inarguably our other Sherriff. If anybody disagrees on that theory, they've yet to mention it.

LMP: I latently suspected him at the beginning, and then decided against it. Then my framing went awry when he was the only one of my suspects not to die and be proven innocent. Which led me to believe there might have been a reason that he wasn't dying... such as the wolves don't kill their own. When everyone ignored this, I screamed at people until they paid attention. Once the idea had been properly addressed, I dropped it. Right now, I don't think he's guilty, but that doesn't mean I don't think we should kill him... just to be on the safe side.

Evisse: the only one of us to have seemingly no clue that Ang was the Seer. The rest of us were like "Oh, hey... we found the Seer. Let's all listen to his inarguable defenses and accusations of people." And many of our Seer's comments were saying "Evisse is sneaky" or "has anyone else been worried about Evisse?".

Is that better?
Old 06-29-2005, 11:59 AM   #376
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Whoever the Hunter is, I think we should be glad we still have him or her.

Feanor, I think that Anguirel's comments about Evisse were based on his deductions as a player rather than his dreams as a seer. If he had really dreamt of the third wolf he would have gone after them like a rat up a drain, particularly as he knew he was almost certainly going to die last night.

Btw, yesterday I said I thought you (Feanor) were innocent, purely based on your voting on the first day. I do however now qualify this statement, as I subsequently realised that this deduction was based on someone being a rational player rather than someone being bonkers as conkers. And I mean that in the nicest way - bonkers is as good a strategy as any, frankly.
Old 06-29-2005, 12:01 PM   #377
Evisse the Blue
Brightness of a Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil

Is that better?
Slightly.
You still haven't offered anything beyond personal opinions and most of all uncertainties of your own, which hardly count as evidence.
Either you're a wolf, Fea, or an innocent who seems bent on playing to her own tune, which seems rather to harm villagers, instead of helping them.

Quote:
Evisse: the only one of us to have seemingly no clue that Ang was the Seer. Let's all listen to his inarguable defenses and accusations of people." And many of our Seer's comments were saying "Evisse is sneaky" or "has anyone else been worried about Evisse?".
Are you serious about this? *laughs in spite of herself*
And you think if I were a werewolf I'd be so blatantly suicidal to actually come out and say it? You forget the advantage werewolves have over villagers. If I were a werewolf myself I'd have been the first to know he's the Seer, based on his accusation of Hookbill. So at that moment saying 'Hey I distrust Anguirel even if the rest of you don't' wouldn't be the very smart move for the remaining werewolf. It would be the very opposite of sneaky. So make up your mind, am I dumb or sneaky?

I actually want to point this out, if you people are going to go by the Seer's last words, both when it comes to me or to the others, be careful. The Seer can base his suspicions on Dreams or on hunches, analyses, like the rest of us. I believe his last words were merely personal beliefs, not backed by Dreams. Except for Saurreg, who was cleared beyond any doubt.
Old 06-29-2005, 12:09 PM   #378
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Quote:
So at that moment saying 'Hey I distrust Anguirel even if the rest of you don't' wouldn't be the very smart move for the remaining werewolf.
well actually it would, because by his identifying of Hookbill, Anguirel could also have been a wolf, playing a desperate game of survival.
(Similarly, the real werewolf, playing a desperate game, could have left Anguirel alive last night. Had Anguirel still been here this morning, some of us would have thought, hey, he's more or less blatantly said he's the Seer, how come the wolf didn't eat him? Maybe he is the wolf after all?)
Old 06-29-2005, 12:21 PM   #379
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

great tequilas

Quote:
Btw, yesterday I said I thought you (Feanor) were innocent, purely based on your voting on the first day. I do however now qualify this statement, as I subsequently realised that this deduction was based on someone being a rational player rather than someone being bonkers as conkers. And I mean that in the nicest way - bonkers is as good a strategy as any, frankly.
Oh goodness... I haven't laughed that hard since... Well, not since Sunday night. But before that... it hadn't been since Friday.... however before that... Well... it's been a happy week. But I just laughed really hard. I'm glad to hear you like my strategy. I've had it planned out from the very beginning, you know.

Quote:
Either you're a wolf, Fea, or an innocent who seems bent on playing to her own tune, which seems rather to harm villagers, instead of helping them.
Dum dum diddly diddly dum di-dum. I can't very well dance to anyone else's tune, since I don't wholly trust anyone else, whereas I know that I've got the best of intentions. Or at least I did. I beginning to second guess them now, and change them to fit my mood.

No... I'm going to stop short right here and be serious for a minute. Pay close attention, because it won't last long, and I'm soon to go back to playing games to watch reactions.

Anguirel did not trust Evisse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ang
And is Evisse's distinct refusal to see the wood for the trees as suspicious as it seems to me? I suspected her a while back...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ang
Naturally enough, my eye now defensively lingers on Evisse again.
I'd come up with more quotes, but there are many, and I don't feel like hitting copy/paste that many times. I trust Ang's judgement even if it's not backed up by a Dream, because he is not as quick to accuse as I am. I observe by way of messing with people's heads and seeing the outcome. He asks questions and reserves his comments until after he's thought for awhile. He wouldn't randomly accuse, much unlike me. As I've said before... take out Evisse and if I'm wrong, so be it. Judge me in whatever way seems fair to you, but before you do it, think hard and publicly on who you all suspect.
Old 06-29-2005, 12:43 PM   #380
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

I agree with what Fea said in post 375. My real suspicion against Evisse right now is complete lack of suspicion on the part of anyone else. I am about 95% sure that she is our wolf.

I am not particularly for the idea of a double lynching (mostly because I am still fairly confident that lmp is innocent). I can see the logic of doing so, though, so if everyone else is for it, I guess I'm in.

I do think that we should be taking Ang's last words with a grain of salt: the only two that he absolutely cleared are Celuien and Saurreg. Beyond that, his speculations are about as trustworthy as any of ours. While I am inclined to accept Lalaith's innocence, we cannot absolutely discount her.

The other thing is, Evisse, you have been launching a "don't lynch me, don't lynch me!" campaign, but you have not told us who you think should be lynched and why...
Old 06-29-2005, 12:50 PM   #381
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

no, the other thing

Betcha it's me.

Because I'm spear-heading the kill-Evisse campaign. But that's not what she'll say. It's probably have something to do with me being fickle, never being right, and being a constant confusion.
Old 06-29-2005, 01:08 PM   #382
Evisse the Blue
Brightness of a Blade

Quote:
The other thing is, Evisse, you have been launching a "don't lynch me, don't lynch me!" campaign, but you have not told us who you think should be lynched and why...
I am not starting an 'don't lynch me campaign'. Here's what I said in my first post today:
Quote:
I won't make too much of a fuss to stop it. I realize I have it coming for being so wrong in my remarks about Anguirel. And even if an innocent is lynched today, the villagers still have the numerical advantage needed to win, if they use what evidence they have wisely.
I started interfering (and who can blame me for staying out of a debate? surely not the rest of you, people) when Saurreg suggested to have more than one lynching. I did not offer any judgements because I cannot guarantee you I'm gonna reach a logical conclusion. I have made one big mistake so far not recognizing the Seer and you'll understand that I don't want to make such a mistake again when the village is so close of getting rid of werewolves once and for all.
I am however at the moment most suspicious of Feanor (based on the same defensive reaction that Anguirel used against me, so if you're gonna buy that as being sound, you have no reason to doubt mine) and Lalaith for reasons stated many times before (and not only by me).

Quote:
Betcha it's me.
Because I'm spear-heading the kill-Evisse campaign. But that's not what she'll say. It's probably have something to do with me being fickle, never being right, and being a constant confusion.
And would I not be completely right in saying so?
But I have a feeling you won't be leading the campaign against me for long. As soon as the votes for me gather, you'll start picking on someone else. And this is because you'll realize you're wrong, and you hate people telling you that you're wrong.
Old 06-29-2005, 01:15 PM   #383
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
But I have a feeling you won't be leading the campaign against me for long. As soon as the votes for me gather, you'll start picking on someone else. And this is because you'll realize you're wrong, and you hate people telling you that you're wrong.
Hey, give me some credit! I haven't spear-headed or bandwagoned anyone yet. As soon as the votes for you gather, I'll be extremely relieved. Once you die and I find out the truth, I'll either sigh with relief and start accepting compliments, or I'll sigh with secondary relief and proffer myself to the village as sacrifice for screwing up royally. I doubt the latter need happen though, since I doubt I'm wrong about you.

Although... I'm starting to wonder if you are the Gifted one, and not someone else. It would explain why you interfered at mention of a double-lynching... if you died, as well as someone you didn't suspect, AND you thought you might be wrong on whoever is most recently on your kill-list... You'd hate to see three possibly-innocents die.
Old 06-29-2005, 01:39 PM   #384
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith
We are now thanks to Anguirel, fortunate enough to have three proven innocents: Saurreg, Celuien and myself...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel
Lalaith I could still be wrong about, which would be irritating. But I'm genuinely taken in by her mathematical hopelessness and apparent honesty, not to mention the entente cordiale we seem to have formed.
I conjecture that my post #371, though posted almost 45 minutes before Lalaith's post # 372, escaped her notice and that there may have been cross-posting. How else could she blithely have claimed innocence based on the faulty reasoning previous to my post?

Allow me to be clear and concise: Anguirel did not declare Lalaith innocent. Rather, he had a hunch that he really wanted to believe, and would have been very irritated were he wrong. So if Lalaith is the final werewolf, and we foolishly assume her innocence based on the faulty reading mentioned above, we lose.

I find it more than a little worrying that Lalaith has been so quick to follow up the misunderstanding of Anguirel's words by claiming innocence that has in fact not been proven. Does this make Lal the final werewolf? No, but it sure does make her suspicious, especially if we add in her typical failure to account for cross posting, mathematics, and other such mis-steps. She is suddenly looking a lot more suspicious to me than Evisse, and even a little more suspicious to me than Feanor.

So I'm asking all of you to reconsider your current spear-heading against Evisse and take a closer look at Lalaith. I'm not trying to protect Evisse, either. I'm going with the evidence instead, same as yesterday.

Oh, and Lalaith, this would be a good time to offer what defense you can ... if you can. ::LMP looks her way with narrowed eyes::
Old 06-29-2005, 01:42 PM   #385
Evisse the Blue
Brightness of a Blade

No, I'm not a gifted villager. Since I'll be lynched today anyway, and this will be revealed, I might as well say it. That great responsibility is not laid on me, fortunately (or unfortunately).
You want to know who I'd go after if I were, though? Lalaith. I am so taken aback by the fact that none of you suspect her, though, that I'm starting to doubt the clarity of my judgement.

EDIT: Cross posting with lmp. So I'm not completely mad yet.

Last edited by Evisse the Blue; 06-29-2005 at 01:46 PM.
Evisse the Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 02:17 PM   #386
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Silmaril

++EVISSE

For reasons already stated, and at this time, because I have to leave. I hope you all see my reasoning (which, quite honestly, is actually Anguirel's reasoning) and, because it's not my own, take it more seriously than you would otherwise.
Old 06-29-2005, 02:39 PM   #387
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lmp , are you a politician as well as a butcher? Your talent for quoting out of context certainly points that way....allow me to repost the rest of what I said.

Quote:
I know some of you have pointed out that Anguirel didn't unequivocally back me in his last post. To this I would reply that I think he was trying to leave a bit of doubt, for a slim chance of being left uneaten last night.
I don't think he would have risked voting for Nilp to save me, instead of Hookbill who he knew for sure was a wolf, if he hadn't been sure I was innocent.
Look, I want the villagers to win and so should anyone else who really is a villager. Whoever we lynch, it isn't personal. The logical reason for a double lynching today is that one of us might still be cursed, and if we (the villagers) kill them rather than the werewolf killing them, then we are still in control of the situation.
You're welcome to lynch me if it will make you feel better, and I hope we still win whatever, but it does seem silly to agitate for the lynching of someone who isn't a proper suspect when we have four who are an unknown quantity.

Of these four, I am currently suspecting Firefoot the least. The other three, I need to think about.
Old 06-29-2005, 04:26 PM   #388
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
I know some of you have pointed out that Anguirel didn't unequivocally back me in his last post. To this I would reply that I think he was trying to leave a bit of doubt, for a slim chance of being left uneaten last night.
This is a far wilder conjecture than mine, and does nothing to remove suspicion from you, Lalaith. The seer had made himself baldly, blatantly obvious to everybody but Evisse. All it does is to show that you are trying to use his quoted doubts about you as some sort of proof of innocence through a leap of logic only a person scrambling for a defense would try. It doesn't work that way; sorry m'dear. I'm getting closer to voting for you, so you had better try again.

Quote:
... by his identifying of Hookbill, Anguirel could also have been a wolf, playing a desperate game of survival.
(Similarly, the real werewolf, playing a desperate game, could have left Anguirel alive last night. Had Anguirel still been here this morning, some of us would have thought, hey, he's more or less blatantly said he's the Seer, how come the wolf didn't eat him? Maybe he is the wolf after all?)
And let's imagine that whoever the werewolf is, had left Anguirel, the known seer, alive last night, and that said werewolf decided to get into a desperate game of "I'm the seer and s/he's the werewolf!" "No, I'm the seer and s/he's the werewolf!" Thrown into confusion, the village would be left with no recourse but to lynch them both, agreeing on a tie. Whoever the werewolf is, would see this as certain doom and avoid it.
Old 06-29-2005, 04:44 PM   #389
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Quote:
I'm getting closer to voting for you,
Of course you are. And we both know why.
Old 06-29-2005, 07:00 PM   #390
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Well, I was seriously ready to vote for Evisse until she said this:
Quote:
No, I'm not a gifted villager.
A true werewolf would have left this possibiltiy open: anything to stay alive. This would be an absurd thing for a werewolf to say. So now I'm going to have to look at the rest of you a little more closely...

Excluding those not explicitly cleared by our Seer (and myself), there are:

Fea
Lalaith
LMP

Of these three, I am most inclined to vote for Lalaith. I had been uneasy about her, and then laid off it. However, I do not think that LMP is a wolf, and if Fea is, then she is a pretty dang good bluffer. I don't think Fea is a wolf either, just an emotive innocent. That leaves Lalaith. Hm.

I'll have to think about this some more, but Evisse may not be getting my vote after all.
Old 06-29-2005, 07:09 PM   #391
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Nor mine. So far, Feanor's track record for voting (except in the case of Nilp) is to choose someone that nobody else agrees with her about, because she's - um - how was that said? - bonkers as conkers.

Since Lalaith has failed to do any better than cast aspersions at me by way of defense, I must do my "civic" duty and vote: ++ Lalaith There. Done. Sorry if this is wrong, but you seem the most suspicious to me.
Old 06-29-2005, 07:13 PM   #392
Saurreg
Shade of Carn Dûm

I see we have new developments. More to come,
Old 06-29-2005, 07:40 PM   #393
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saurreg
I hereby submit that from the list of the seer, that Celuien and Lalaith are innocent.

Our suspects now boil down to:

Evisse the Blue
Feanor of the Peredhil
littlemanpoet
Firefoot
I had a feeling that Anguirel was the seer. I'm glad our wise judge identified a wolf before they found him out.

Like many have said above, I find Evisse's post in which she tosses suspicion on Anguirel disingenuous. I'm also inclined to trust Anguirel's judgment, even if it wasn't backed up by a dream. Of the remaining non-cleared villagers on Saurreg's list, I'm really not particularly suspicious of anyone. If Evisse turns out to be an innocent, I will be very surprised. But since Lalaith was never specifically cleared, if Evisse is innocent, I will be highly inclined to suspect Lalaith.

I have to leave now and probably will not be back before the deadline. Therefore, my vote goes to ++EVISSE.

*crosses fingers and hopes we've found the last wolf*
Old 06-29-2005, 07:53 PM   #394
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Well, since I can't be sure that I will be awake in time for the voting deadline, I'm going to go ahead and cast my vote for ++Lalaith. Evisse just doesn't seem like a werewolf.
Old 06-29-2005, 09:27 PM   #395
Saurreg
Shade of Carn Dûm

There goes my plan.

I will vote later.
Old 06-29-2005, 11:49 PM   #396
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Saurreg, not necessarily, but I'm going to have to sacrifice myself I think.

Villagers, you've cocked up bigtime. I AM innocent. Saurreg's plan was the way to victory and I think you might now have blown it.
But I'm willing to die - but save the village, hopefully, if Saurreg agrees to my plan.

I think of Anguirel's two chief suspects, Evisse might be innocent. She consistently suspects me and still suspects me now. She's wrong, but fair enough. Lmp I think doesn't really suspect me, because he's used such sophistry in his arguments, they're just not genuine. He's whipped up suspicion against me deliberately to save himself. I think lmp is the wolf. Either that, or he's a very selfish villager.

At the moment, we have two votes for me, two for Evisse. Lets see which way Evisse votes. If she can be persuaded, for the good of the village, to vote for lmp, I will vote for him too, and Saurreg, you must abstain. Then I die, but I take two possible wolves with me.

If Evisse votes for me (even in the face of the above) then Saurreg, please vote for Evisse and I will do the same.

PS. If Feanor is the wolf, hats off to her. She hasn't had a single vote the whole game.
Old 06-30-2005, 12:00 AM   #397
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

I forgot to mention, (although I'm sure you've worked it out) that my three-way-lynching plan is something of a gamble.
If neither lmp or Evisse turn out to be the wolf, that's three of us gone, and the wolf kills someone else tonight. Almost certainly either Saurreg or Celuien, one of the proven innocents.
So the villagers will be down to three tomorrow, and two of you are going to HAVE to get it right.
However, I think the odds are still ok and so Saurreg I still think my plan holds good.
Old 06-30-2005, 01:25 AM   #398
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

I've got to go now, and won't be back until just before voting deadline, so I'll just add a final plea to Evisse and Saurreg.
Evisse, whether you vote for me or not, you're almost certainly going to die anyway. If you vote for lmp, we will know you are innocent, and you will have the consolation of dying alongside me, another innocent, and helping to save the village.
Here's how I hope things will pan out:
if none of us three who die today is a werewolf or a hunter, that leaves Saurreg, Celuien, Firefoot and Feanor. Who will the wolf kill? The obvious choice is Saurreg, but a bold and rash wolf might kill one of the other two, even though he stands a 50:50 chance of killing the hunter, because he might still find the cursed villager.
But whatever happens what we should be left with tomorrow is three villagers of which at least one proven innocent. So that should swing it for us.
Go on, Evisse and Saurreg, please do it. You know it makes sense.
Oh, and if the hunter is killed, I *really* hope he makes the right choice. That is another way we could still mess up.
Old 06-30-2005, 01:30 AM   #399
Evisse the Blue
Brightness of a Blade

Please convince me to vote for lmp, because I was gonna vote for Fea. So far her suspect list has consisted only of innocents, (sort of like mine) and I doubt she's in a position to help the village, even if she's not a werewolf, which would be the logical assumption, if the person in question was not Fea.

A three way lynching is a too risky thing to do, in my opinion. It's a gamble indeed, and it denies us the only advantage which we had: bigger numbers.
Old 06-30-2005, 01:47 AM   #400
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Evisse, the only way you voting for Feanor would work is if both Saurreg and myself also voted for her and I'm just not sure.
I know that killing 3 of us tonight sounds a bit extreme, but I think it will work.
I would like you or Saurreg to read over my conclusions about how things will pan out: if all 3 of us are innocent, and how we would almost certainly still win. If you can see any glaring errors in my logic, please point them out, I may have overlooked something obvious.
What happens in the possible other scenarios, given the current voting?
1. Lalaith, an innocent, dies alone. The werewolf kills someone ( probably, unless he is very bold, one of the two known innocents) in the night, then you are five, of which only one is a known innocent.
2. Evisse dies alone. If she is an innocent, the same scenario as 1.
3. Feanor dies alone. Ditto.

EDIT: I won't be back for a while now. Talk it over.